• Network: IFC
  • Series Premiere Date: Apr 5, 2017
Season #: 4, 3, 2, 1
5.3

1. May 16, 2020
    Instead of relying on the story and writing style present in season 1; season 4 is a hot steaming pile of woke garbage. It's embarrassing that the series has fallen so far from season 1. Instead of making a good show they insist upon making an SJW trash fest.
  2. May 11, 2020
    I really enjoyed the first two seasons of this show. but starting with 3rd season where it seemed to have run out of story and direction and continuing with the 4th. This current season is terrible and clearly in the final throes of a a dying TV show. I was surprised how bad the first episode was but gave it a 2nd chance by revisiting it and bin watching the last 3 episodes. My firstI really enjoyed the first two seasons of this show. but starting with 3rd season where it seemed to have run out of story and direction and continuing with the 4th. This current season is terrible and clearly in the final throes of a a dying TV show. I was surprised how bad the first episode was but gave it a 2nd chance by revisiting it and bin watching the last 3 episodes. My first impression were right terrible. I'm glad its ending the sooner the better. I don't understand the high critic rating but in today's media everything is up for sale. waste of time Expand

Universal acclaim - based on 5 Critic Reviews

1. Reviewed by: Steve Greene
    Mar 18, 2020
    Season 4 finds the ideal line between evoking both the debauchery of his past and squaring one man’s outsized legend with his more understanding current form.
  2. Reviewed by: Dan Fienberg
    Mar 18, 2020
    The fourth season of Brockmire is actually a tremendous slice of speculative satire, a companion piece of sorts to Idiocracy in its commentary on the descent of human intellect, our inevitable surrender to encroaching technology and tangible consequences of our disrespect of the environment. There are parts of this season that feel like a real heir to Kurt Vonnegut in terms of the blend of rampant silliness and earnest concern.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Hale
    Mar 18, 2020
    “Brockmire” is essentially sentimental — baseball stories nearly always are — and as it angles toward a happy ending, the machinery of the plot can get a little obvious, like an outside slider on a 1-2 count. You can also start to weary of Jules’s repeated and increasingly improbable willingness to forgive Brockmire for his outbursts and reversals. But you’ll probably stay for the dialogue, still an uncommon concoction of literate, clever and rancid.