• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: May 19, 2009
Season #: 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
7.7

1. Oct 17, 2010
    I really only watch this show for Sue Slyvester. Her one line put downs really do make my day. I'm not a big fan of the music of the show, it feels manufactured and some of the songs on the shows are murdered by the cast. The storylines are good if a little melodramatic, but the comedy is rich and never loses its appeal.
  2. Jun 11, 2011
    Glee literally burst into the UK with a bang. I watched the first episode and was instantly hooked. It is cheesy yet addictive and to me it is a sort of combination between American Pie and High School Musical. The characters are well acted and thought out and you can easily empathise with them. This could be the start of something quite brilliant.
  3. Oct 2, 2010
    Glee is a fun show but how come Dijon Talton never gets to do anything? Even some of the minor kids like the Asian girl or wheelchair boy get to say some lines; however, this guy never says a word. Does he have a story?
  4. Apr 7, 2011
    I refused to watch Glee the first season but was eventually forced to nearing it's season finale, and was pleasantly surprised. When it returned for it's sophomore season, I was again pleasantly surprised. Soon however, the cast and characters became too large, the show was unfocused, and the music started to get more and more economically focused (and I hate that they autotune the soulI refused to watch Glee the first season but was eventually forced to nearing it's season finale, and was pleasantly surprised. When it returned for it's sophomore season, I was again pleasantly surprised. Soon however, the cast and characters became too large, the show was unfocused, and the music started to get more and more economically focused (and I hate that they autotune the soul out of the cast). I still watched, and usually the show was entertaining and morally conscious but didn't preach. However, the writing got sloppy - there were episodes where main characters didn't show up (Sue Sylvester is completely absent in a few episodes), there were obvious cash-grabs (A Justin Bieber Episode? WTF?!), and in the Halloween episode the writers have Sue trying to kill some of her students. All in all this show seems to have jumped the shark, and has lost it's focus. I won't slam it, or recommend it, but I think I'm done watching the show until it regains what made the first season so great - clarity. Expand
  5. Aug 1, 2011
    (continuation of previous comment) Particular episodes to watch are "Pilot", "Preggers", "The Rhodes Not Taken", "Wheels", "Sectionals", "The Power of Madonna", "Dream On", "Theatricality" and "Journey".
  6. Jan 5, 2012
    Glee started as out as a fairly harmless musical style drama sitcom with decent characters, but later evolved into one of the most laughably predictable and annoying shows on television.
  7. Jun 22, 2013
    Very highly overrated, this show is highly unrealistic, incorrectly depicting any high-school around the world. The repetition of story lines, autotune of songs, and bland plot does not captivate me any bit.
  8. Mar 26, 2016
    There are two kinds of people in this world: those who get Glee and those who don't. I must admit I fall under the first category; I believe it to be the best show of all time.
  9. Aug 27, 2011
    There are two kinds of people in this world: those who get Glee and those who don't. I must admit I fall under the second category; I believe it to be the most overrated show of all time.
  10. Jul 3, 2011
    One of the most over-rated, horribly produced, horribly acted shows on television. The show constantly advertises and brags about its "fresh, optimistic horizon" yet every character seems like a carbon copy of a character from "High School Musical" and are always living dark, sad lives. The target audience is clearly young girls who are looking for the next big thing and are only watchingOne of the most over-rated, horribly produced, horribly acted shows on television. The show constantly advertises and brags about its "fresh, optimistic horizon" yet every character seems like a carbon copy of a character from "High School Musical" and are always living dark, sad lives. The target audience is clearly young girls who are looking for the next big thing and are only watching to hear the talentless cast butcher their favorite songs. The show wrongfully calls itself a comedy and any humor attempt is made using the same character(s), which quickly leads to jumping the shark and a quick spiraling drop in quality. I never thought I would say this, but I would much rather watch Desperate Housewives than this show when given the chance. This show is obviously a vehicle for its stars and now that it's done it's job, it should end. Television is still live and well, and this show should not be the one to kill it. Expand
  11. Aug 20, 2010
    Words really cannot describe the amazing phenomenon that is Glee. From the brilliant acting and hilarious writing to the catchy and enjoyable music, Glee is exactly what a television show should be. Ryan Murphy really nailed it with this charming musical comedy which features the most talented cast on television. But what really makes Glee shine is it's ability to truly connect with theWords really cannot describe the amazing phenomenon that is Glee. From the brilliant acting and hilarious writing to the catchy and enjoyable music, Glee is exactly what a television show should be. Ryan Murphy really nailed it with this charming musical comedy which features the most talented cast on television. But what really makes Glee shine is it's ability to truly connect with the underdog in all of us through its music. And plus, you cna never go wrong with the brilliant Jane Lynch in arguably one of the most iconic roles ever on television. Expand
  12. Jan 5, 2011
    This TV show is just awesome. Although I agree with some people that there are parts of this series do not make sense but let's face the truth that this is a TV SHOW, if all TV shows were realistic this whole world would be boring. We have biography but not all people are interested in that. Furthermore this is a musical, and musicals, I believe, are not realistic. By the way this Tv showThis TV show is just awesome. Although I agree with some people that there are parts of this series do not make sense but let's face the truth that this is a TV SHOW, if all TV shows were realistic this whole world would be boring. We have biography but not all people are interested in that. Furthermore this is a musical, and musicals, I believe, are not realistic. By the way this Tv show is far more than something entertaining. It really does have messages and those messages are never old. Though it was referred as a High School Musical tv series version but I believes Glee is much better that! Expand
  13. Mar 2, 2012
    For me this show is incredible, the music numbers are really great, the cast is awesome, this serie is a incredible example for the guys that don't have a great time in the school.
  14. Jun 5, 2012
    A show that easily could be surpassed by a disney drama, glee just seems to have the same audience as Twilight and Avatar. The show is terribly over-rated, and in my opinion, it's only liked due to it's gay nature and pathetically remixed songs. The problems presented in the show are so un-real and impossibly stupid that anyone with a brain would understand how pathetic glee truely is. TheA show that easily could be surpassed by a disney drama, glee just seems to have the same audience as Twilight and Avatar. The show is terribly over-rated, and in my opinion, it's only liked due to it's gay nature and pathetically remixed songs. The problems presented in the show are so un-real and impossibly stupid that anyone with a brain would understand how pathetic glee truely is. The show's recycled storylines, crappy musical numbers, and song-ripoffs that sound exactly the same every time, ruin it's potential to be a truly entertaining show. If there ever was a potential to begin with. Expand
  15. Sep 22, 2010
    For God's sake QUIT YELLING AT ME! I can't stand bad singing, I really can't stand bad fake singing. I can't believe that I watched this show and that it gets the positive reviews, must be the lemming thing...
  16. Feb 16, 2011
    Glee has got to be the most overrated show of all time. Glee has been successful both in popularity and critically which makes no sense to me. The plot is generic, the characters are whiny and ambivalent and lastly it is not funny at all. I have no idea how the critics approved of a show that was aimed at 13 year old girls.
  17. Nov 6, 2010
    It's the best show ever. It's funny, and creative in it's own way, and the talent the kids have is just jaw-dropping. Sue is by far the funniest charter on the show.
  18. Kate
    Jan 7, 2010
    Pathetic, weak and bland. Has anyone else noticed that most of the characters can't say anything optimistic, even though that's what the show brags about.? Whiney and predictable. Rachel is horrible. Will is even worse. The only good character is Puck, coz he takes action, instead of just telling everyone how unfair people are to him. I would guess that the most common adjective Pathetic, weak and bland. Has anyone else noticed that most of the characters can't say anything optimistic, even though that's what the show brags about.? Whiney and predictable. Rachel is horrible. Will is even worse. The only good character is Puck, coz he takes action, instead of just telling everyone how unfair people are to him. I would guess that the most common adjective on this show is 'fair'- "I didn't get the lead part, it's not fair", "You cut Glee clubs budget, it's not fair". And the stuttering girl? Yeah right. Expand
  19. KellyW.
    Nov 11, 2009
    This show is totally absurd. Terri? Absurd. Jane Lynch's character? Absurd. The girl who's pregnant to a guy she's never slept with (but he somehow thinks he did it) and is planning on no telling her parents and delivering the baby and handing it over to Terri... oh and did I mention she found out the sex of the baby at 6 WEEKS?! ABSURD. This show is all over the place and This show is totally absurd. Terri? Absurd. Jane Lynch's character? Absurd. The girl who's pregnant to a guy she's never slept with (but he somehow thinks he did it) and is planning on no telling her parents and delivering the baby and handing it over to Terri... oh and did I mention she found out the sex of the baby at 6 WEEKS?! ABSURD. This show is all over the place and it's just no good. Expand
  20. Oct 15, 2010
    Here is a show that just doesn't take itself seriously. I mean I don't understand why it's so popular. The concept is frayed and childish. The series tries to tackle issues as serious as the TV spin-off of Fame which flunked. Glee isn't a show I want to watch but I will admit they did do a good job of "Don't Stop Believing" and Jane Lynch is about the best thing in it. Overall, I think itHere is a show that just doesn't take itself seriously. I mean I don't understand why it's so popular. The concept is frayed and childish. The series tries to tackle issues as serious as the TV spin-off of Fame which flunked. Glee isn't a show I want to watch but I will admit they did do a good job of "Don't Stop Believing" and Jane Lynch is about the best thing in it. Overall, I think it plays out like an over-hyped music video that goes on longer than it should. Expand
  21. DouglasD.
    Oct 9, 2009
    It has touches of something new, but then the writers fall into their own little worlds and forget that families are probably watching. The concept seemed family-friendly but the sexual references were too much. So sad. So much potential.
  22. SarahH
    Sep 28, 2009
    I went to an arts high school for singing- so I was excited to see a show that would remind me of my adolescent years. But it was terrible. The characters are way too over the top, the main characters singing voice is lame, and the hate between the cheerleader/jocks and the music kids was totally unrealistic. All in all I felt like the show was never going to end. Very disappointing.
  23. Dec 21, 2010
    I adore Glee and so do most of the people in my family. It's clever, witty, silly and just plain FUN. Plus it has the added bonus of getting to download all of the amazing music you hear after the episode! All of the cast is so talented; in acting, singing and dancing! You must watch Glee! Ignore these naysayers and give it a chance! You won't regret it. . .
  24. Mar 24, 2011
    Dumb,dumb,dumb,dumb,dumb,dumb show. I can't believe these crappy shows on tv today. Jersey Shore, and this crap, what the f**k is going on here. There should be more shows like Jackass, Viva La Bam, and Rob & Big. Those types of shows are greater than this piece of travesty.
  25. CourtneyI
    Sep 17, 2009
    L-o-v-e-d the Pilot! I watched the last "Don't Stop Believin'" piece a few times. Couldn't resist. The 2nd episode was great. The 3rd episode was kinda-great. I know that shows typically change, a lot, from their pilots but I'm hoping that's not true with Glee. I'm hoping for much more pop, glee club-ish musical numbers. I love that they sing pop music, just L-o-v-e-d the Pilot! I watched the last "Don't Stop Believin'" piece a few times. Couldn't resist. The 2nd episode was great. The 3rd episode was kinda-great. I know that shows typically change, a lot, from their pilots but I'm hoping that's not true with Glee. I'm hoping for much more pop, glee club-ish musical numbers. I love that they sing pop music, just as in show-choir form. ...Now looking forward to Wednesday nights! Expand
  26. XiuyiW.
    Sep 24, 2009
    Hated most musicals: sweeney todd, phantom etc etc. but this show is so much more than a mere musical show. its a great mix of different genres, making it more than the sum of its parts. Perhaps the best part is how the show portrayed talents to come from misfits, normal kids, popular people alike. GREAT SHOW. It completely makes all the other high school dramas available this fall look juvenile.
  27. JamesR.
    Sep 28, 2009
    Anyone else notice the MySpace product placement in the pilot? Unnecessary and incongruous move by Fox to promote their own interactive media. Using Journey's over-exploited "Don't Stop Believing" in the pilot caricatured Glee as a nostalgia appeaser- a place this show didn't need to go. However, it was buoyed by good writing and memorable quotes. This show may do well down Anyone else notice the MySpace product placement in the pilot? Unnecessary and incongruous move by Fox to promote their own interactive media. Using Journey's over-exploited "Don't Stop Believing" in the pilot caricatured Glee as a nostalgia appeaser- a place this show didn't need to go. However, it was buoyed by good writing and memorable quotes. This show may do well down the road and I hope it can be the breath of fresh air it aspires to be. Expand
  28. JohnD.
    Sep 29, 2009
    Love it! Fresh, fun, endearing.
    Sep 9, 2009
    Looks very funny and smart, great pilot!
  30. MartyS
    Nov 10, 2009
    It's a little bland and hugely stereotypical but it has some good points, esp. with Jane Lynch's character; but even without her, it feels like a drama kept on too long. The songs really keep it on its toes though, even when sometimes they are a bit over the top

1. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Dec 15, 2010
    The high school musical comedy occasionally flies off the rails. But maybe that's to be expected from this aggressively inventive pop fantasy. [1 Nov 2010, p.41]
    Will this strange combination of starry-eyed optimism and manicured irony eventually combust? Possibly. But until then, there's a lot to like about this weird and frequently winning hybrid.
  3. Even with its problems--we'll get to those presently--it's one of the best shows of the fall season.