High School USA! : Season 1

• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Jul 21, 2013
4.5

1. Feb 24, 2014
    Honestly, This show doesn't make me laugh all the time, But when it does, It sure is funny. A name like "Blackstein" is pretty racist, but I find it hilarious the way these characters fit together. Characters like Amber and Cassandra kind of remind me of cliche valley girls, which isn't a good thing. And Brad is one of those typical jocks that are buff and mean. But somehow, theseHonestly, This show doesn't make me laugh all the time, But when it does, It sure is funny. A name like "Blackstein" is pretty racist, but I find it hilarious the way these characters fit together. Characters like Amber and Cassandra kind of remind me of cliche valley girls, which isn't a good thing. And Brad is one of those typical jocks that are buff and mean. But somehow, these characters work in a way that is funny. The most likeable character is obviously Marsh. He is sweet and kind. Blackstein comes second. Brad third. Amber and Cassandra tied in fourth place. The plots of the show were amusing but not very interesting. One episode in particular, was one of the most predictable episodes in a TV show I've ever seen. The show itself is somewhat amusing. Though it could be a little less vulgar. Vulgarity isn't always the best solution to making a funny show. Too bad it Fox killed it. I was beginning to like it a lot. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Willa Paskin
    Jul 19, 2013
    Any way you look at it, it doesn’t quite scan--which is the point, probably. The show’s not meant to be dissected; it’s meant to be watched as the makers intended: more than half-blazed.
  2. Reviewed by: Mike Hale
    Jul 19, 2013
    A broad and dull spoof of the Archie gang, slides down the wall quickly.
  3. Reviewed by: Pete Ski
    Jul 19, 2013
    Most viewers will recognize the South Park-like humor, critiquing the problem by critiquing the mainstream response to it. But unlike South Park, which usually offers something like “hope”(however sarcastically rendered), High School USA! is mostly just bleak.