• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 24, 2013
Season #: 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
7.3

1. May 30, 2019
    I've thoroughly enjoyed the first five seasons of the show, even through the groanworthy copy/paste jobs of The Matrix and Alien. Three episodes into season 6 and so far I'm just not feeling the magic anymore. Season after season the writers keep leaning on "Mirror, Mirror" style plotlines where one of the team shows up as an evil version. We've now had Evil Daisy, Evil Fitz, Evil May, andI've thoroughly enjoyed the first five seasons of the show, even through the groanworthy copy/paste jobs of The Matrix and Alien. Three episodes into season 6 and so far I'm just not feeling the magic anymore. Season after season the writers keep leaning on "Mirror, Mirror" style plotlines where one of the team shows up as an evil version. We've now had Evil Daisy, Evil Fitz, Evil May, and now Evil Phil. It's like they have no other creative ideas.

Additionally, because the showrunners didn't know they were being picked up for season 6 until late, this is the first season where it's no longer directly tied to the proper MCU timeline. The final two episodes of Season 5 were directly driven by the events of Infinity War (Talbot being told of Thanos as his driving motivator to keep getting more Gravitonium; TV footage of New York following the Black Order's attack). Season 6 is off doing its own thing when it's supposed to take place after the Snappening and it feel like it has lost its way.

Season 5's season finale probably should have been the series finale as well.

There are no critic reviews yet.