• Network: Netflix
  • Series Premiere Date: Nov 17, 2017
Season #: 2, 1
7.3

1. Feb 3, 2019
    This show was so bad. If all Netflix Marvel shows are canceled, it's because they are like a soap opera. Dragged out and thin. It's like the first Daredevil was 13 episodes (still 1-2 eps too long) and then all others had to be 13 as well, even if they just had content to fill about 5.

The show has two main arcs and a bunch of other ones. But it drags out the two main ones until the last episode so artificially and it really, really thinks too much of some of it's secondary arcs, like Billy and his shrink. So uninteresting and very much not as smart as they would think it to be.

The most annoying part of the show was not even the teenage girl Frank has to protect. Their dynamic is actually good, but sorry, we can't have that because we have to have Frank constantly leave her alone to go... do nothing really, because almost all main characters are completely useless in this show, and the only time they achieve something is pretty much by circumstance.

What a waste of time. First 1-2-3 episodes are ok, but still would not recommended one bit. And if for some kind of Marvel nostalgia, you do wanna give it a try, if at any point you feel it is wasting your time, don't be ashamed to call it quits, because that how it is until the end.
  2. Apr 7, 2019
    The only punishing that went on was to my sanity.

The only punishing that went on was to my sanity.

I came for brutish action and escapism, Instead, I got a show about a bratty 15 year old girl who hates white men, cries "racism" when a store clerk rightly explains to her that a shopping centre in the middle of America isn't a foreign haggling market, makes the worst life decisions imaginable, steals from people trying to help her (constantly) and she continues to be sold to us as a righteous and admirable character.

Get out of here with this rubbish thank god the show was cancelled.
  3. Feb 26, 2019
    Worse than F. Castle in Daredevil show and worse than the first season.
    I stopped watching on Netflix after just 3 episodes sadly.
  4. Mar 21, 2019
    So wanted this to be as good as Sesaon 1. Sadly, its just tedious with a woeful plot and a tiresome 16 or so teenage girl. Don’t waste time watching. Not surprised no season 3.
  5. Jan 29, 2019
    Compared to season 1 it's bad really bad, we follow a 16 year old girl controlling Frank and on the top of that she hates white man what a surprise.
  6. Jan 21, 2019
    Season 2 is such a massive drop off. The Punisher is reduced from this compelling character to a cardboard cutout that simply finds himself at the wrong place at the wrong time. Continuing the Jigsaw storyline from season 1 was a massive mistake. The subplots, once again, are a huge weakness for this show and the new characters lack the magic that the original characters had.

I'll be

I'll be glad when they cancel this show because the only good thing about it is Jon. The writing is a freaking mess and it's ruined the show.
  7. Jan 20, 2019
    Starts off with a first act that focuses on a new villain, Pilgrim, but then things move back to our old pal Billy with the funky mask and messed up face. Outside the fight scenes, there's not much else to care about. Billy is a non-factor for episode after episode. We spend a heck of a lot of time in flashbacks and pointless transitions that stretch on and on. This season didn't haveStarts off with a first act that focuses on a new villain, Pilgrim, but then things move back to our old pal Billy with the funky mask and messed up face. Outside the fight scenes, there's not much else to care about. Billy is a non-factor for episode after episode. We spend a heck of a lot of time in flashbacks and pointless transitions that stretch on and on. This season didn't have enough plot lines or hooks to fill the space, which lets the boredom sneak in. Expand
  8. Jan 20, 2019
    Why can't the marvel shows on Neftlix move on beyond der initial villains. Billy is just annoying in Season 2 - and that is especially sad because you could imagine how much better the season would be, if it would solely would focus around Pilgrim.

And don't get me even started about Krista Dumont...
  9. Voq
    Jan 21, 2019
    The punisher is a monster in the comics and it felt like he cared about being the bad guy in this show which is out of place.
    I hope Netflix cancels this show for good as their writers take terrible decisions.
    Acting was good tho which awards 1 point out of 10

Mixed or average reviews - based on 6 Critic Reviews

1. Reviewed by: Liz Shannon Miller
    Jan 18, 2019
    What makes this season of “The Punisher” work so well is that it feels less like a Season 2 and more like a Season 5, a standalone story in the established adventures of Frank Castle.
  2. Reviewed by: Alex Abad-Santos
    Jan 18, 2019
    In short, it’s a mixed bag. The show’s signature fight scenes are still fantastic, as is the Punisher himself, Jon Bernthal. But something seemed to go wrong in the writers’ room this go-round, and even with a new dynamic that changes Frank’s life, there are still some stories in play that might have been better wrapped up in season one.
  3. Reviewed by: Allison Shoemaker
    Jan 17, 2019
    Bernthal plays Castle as a man who feels doomed to repeat the same brutal cycle over and over again, convinced that there’s only one thing he’s good for, and that, sadly, is also true of the second season of this series: repetitive, bleak, and unwilling to admit that it might be capable of doing anything new.