• Network: SHOWTIME
  • Series Premiere Date: Jul 5, 2020
tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 2 more ratings

1. Jul 5, 2020
    [This review only refers to the first episode.] This documentary series is being marketed as a sports documentary series, and I couldn't care less about sports. I would never watch an actual sports documentary, but it would be more accurate to call this a true crime documentary. The first episode was so gripping that I might have to binge-watch the rest of the series. I hardly ever watch[This review only refers to the first episode.] This documentary series is being marketed as a sports documentary series, and I couldn't care less about sports. I would never watch an actual sports documentary, but it would be more accurate to call this a true crime documentary. The first episode was so gripping that I might have to binge-watch the rest of the series. I hardly ever watch documentaries because listening to the news is depressing enough, but I'm glad I started this one. Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 5 Critic Reviews

1. Reviewed by: Judy Berman
    Jul 9, 2020
    Timely and haunting, if far from perfect. ... Although he was still in jail when Kondelis began filming, it’s the back half of Outcry, which follows him post-incarceration, that feels most profound.
  2. Reviewed by: Joel Keller
    Jul 7, 2020
    We wish that the first episode went into more details about the boys’ accusations and the trial that ensued. Otherwise, it was a lot of the same song being sung, that this kid couldn’t possibly have done what he was accused of doing; it made for a particularly slow-moving first episode.
  3. Reviewed by: Hank Stuever
    Jul 6, 2020
    A viewer might be tempted to search online and learn the eventual outcome, which only came late last year, but I recommend watching all five parts to get the full emotional effect of a seven-year journey from innocence to guilt and back again.