• Network: HULU
  • Series Premiere Date: May 8, 2020
7.2

1. May 8, 2020
    Burned thru all 8 episodes in one morning. Enjoyed them but would've enjoyed 8 episodes of Rick and Morty more.

Not sure what the point of making a nearly identical show was (it's a family, there's tons of science, it's the same humor and the same art style...)
  2. May 9, 2020
    Rick and Morty comparisons aside, Solar Opposites is pretty boring. It's trying to find a balance between typical animated sitcom and edge lord edginess edgerton. It mostly fails. It's very well animated! The jokes don't really land and the characters aren't well developed, but hey, most first seasons of animated shows are pretty garbage, so maybe it'll get better?
  3. May 8, 2020
    Really funny and crazy, it only gets better as the season goes on. The wall!
  4. May 8, 2020
    Clear that Roiland is a one trick pony. Go back to working on Rick and Morty. This feels like watching intergalactic cable, what a joke.
  5. May 9, 2020
    It’s just kinda meh... none of the characters are relatable, and the stories are kinda weak. The mini people in the wall is kinda interesting.
  6. May 9, 2020
    Thought it was pretty good, not as good as rick and morty but very easy to get stuck watching the entire season. Pretty fun.
  7. May 11, 2020
    Solar Opposites is plagued by boring story telling and uninteresting characters. Scenes which are meant to be funny and embarrassing just to watch. The only good part of the season are the moments they focus on the tiny people encased in the wall. It almost feels like an episode of interdimensional cable except really bad. Solar Opposites is the Rick and Morty your mom said you have at home.
  8. May 8, 2020
    It's really dumb but at the same time interesting to watch. But for anyone who is obsessed with Rick and Morty, this maybe the show for you.
  9. May 8, 2020
    Terrible, just Terrible, This is what they were working on instead of making Rick and Morty, what a waste of time that must of been.
  10. May 8, 2020
    Too much like Rick and Morty, too wordy, without the edginess. What's the point, really?
    I couldn't pass a first episode that was just plain boring.
  11. May 12, 2020
    This was super easy to get into. I love the characters. I think I like this more than Rick and Morty. It’s not entirely the same type of story telling. It’s similar, but without the gravity that R&M has garnered since its first season. It’s because it’s not so deep that I feel I can enjoy it more. Not always having to dig through an episode for every morsel of interest and information itThis was super easy to get into. I love the characters. I think I like this more than Rick and Morty. It’s not entirely the same type of story telling. It’s similar, but without the gravity that R&M has garnered since its first season. It’s because it’s not so deep that I feel I can enjoy it more. Not always having to dig through an episode for every morsel of interest and information it has been nice. Expand
  12. May 12, 2020
    Loved this series so much. It wasn't as deep as rick and morty and I was ok with that. It had a lot of the same humor and bigger plot twists that feed into other things.
  13. May 18, 2020
    Of course this show is going to be regarded as derivative of Rick and Marty and in many ways it is but honestly Rick and Marty is a great show so this is not bad at all.
  14. May 22, 2020
    It had some funny and enjoyable moments. I especially loved when the side plot took the entire story for one episode and it had all the great romance , betrayal, etc tropes in other dystopian movies like snowpiercer. Not a bad series from the guys that made that pickle man thing

Generally favorable reviews - based on 9 Critic Reviews

1. Reviewed by: Garrett Martin
    May 18, 2020
    Solar Opposites is best at its loosest. Roiland’s semi-improvisational style returns on occasion, with the opening credits having a slightly different voiceover every episode. His ramshackle, half-assed delivery is almost always funny, and the show’s concept and storylines are usually so undercooked that it makes Roiland’s off-the-cuff material even more impressive.
  2. Reviewed by: Steve Greene
    May 8, 2020
    This is a show that rarely takes its time. Watching things escalate from tiny misunderstandings to disasters threatening to destroy a city or reconstitute the fabric of timespace is this show’s sweet spot.
  3. Reviewed by: Caroline Framke
    May 8, 2020
    “Solar Opposites” proves to be more about leaning into slapstick abandon than finding anything particularly revelatory to say beyond the fact that humans are pretty weird and annoying (which, well, is fair enough).