7.8

1. Jun 4, 2019
    Doom Patrol crazy and weird Swamp Thing horror. So far, I’m loving this run DC is having with their content. Can’t wait to see what they plan next.
  2. Jun 10, 2019
    Its not often the family puts their phones and tablets down to watch a show but this show made that happen. Excellent show with great special effects that still do the original show justice but darker and scarier. DC finally did it!
  3. Jun 1, 2019
    It was an ok pilot. Everything went as expected for an origin story. I hope they clean the dialogue and writing up though as the characters never seemed to communicate with each other and a few things made no sense.
  4. May 31, 2019
    For a TV Show it's got a great vibe. A lot of variant horror elements melded into a pot that seems to work. The movies Seven and The Ring (sometimes the atmosphere reminds me of this), as well as your standard creature feature elements...with a little bit of Stranger Things here and there. To top it off the Swamp atmosphere is just cool. I'm really glad they went with keeping things asFor a TV Show it's got a great vibe. A lot of variant horror elements melded into a pot that seems to work. The movies Seven and The Ring (sometimes the atmosphere reminds me of this), as well as your standard creature feature elements...with a little bit of Stranger Things here and there. To top it off the Swamp atmosphere is just cool. I'm really glad they went with keeping things as real as possible with real make-up, sets, and suits. The CGI where needed is minimal and it really helps create this amazing atmosphere. I can't wait for the next episode. Expand
  5. May 31, 2019
    At times, the pilot was slow and a little boring, but those scenes were well worth it when they led up to the show's gruesome and captivating horror. This is shaping up to be a great show.
  6. Jun 2, 2019
    Pretty clumsy pilot - cliched, with bland protagonists, some lousy writing and wooden acting.
  7. Jun 2, 2019
    Simply incredible. A very dark vibe and a twist plot that I did not expect to happen now.
  8. Jun 13, 2019
    I fell in love with this Pilot episode. I think it's one of the best TV show this year, there's so much potential. I loved the storyline and how they make it thrilled. You get into the characters really quickly. They should make a second season and not cancelled this masterpiece.
  9. May 31, 2019
    Lazily written, cliched, tell don't show, exposition filled garbage. The only reason this is scoring so highly is because it has so few reviews that I'm convinced are all fake.
  10. Jun 4, 2019
    I can't watch things where the lead "scientist" is a thirteen-year-old Botox commercial who's so much smarter than everyone not even laws of biology apply to her. Dude, I wear more protective gear when I'm mixing pigments, yet alone walking in on a corpse mutilated by an unknown pathogen. Of course, that would make it difficult to gawk (act), wearing a mask. Pity, because this is just myI can't watch things where the lead "scientist" is a thirteen-year-old Botox commercial who's so much smarter than everyone not even laws of biology apply to her. Dude, I wear more protective gear when I'm mixing pigments, yet alone walking in on a corpse mutilated by an unknown pathogen. Of course, that would make it difficult to gawk (act), wearing a mask. Pity, because this is just my genre and I actually loved watching The River, even though or maybe because it was so campy. Expand
  11. Jul 1, 2019
    Great show, mixing thriller, supernatural and horror, with great actors. It should be renewed without a doubt.
  12. Jul 9, 2019
    Plenty of horror moments in a dark and atmospheric swamp. Nice effects with a tribute to "The Thing", good photography. Acting is the weak part of the show, starting with the leading female character and following with the rest. I don't know if it's the director's fault, the writing or they're just bored, but they should really work harder. The show is ok, but it can get much much better.
  13. Jul 15, 2019
    This show may not seem to be good at first(considering its name) but the cinemamtography and the plot is very good. I personally liked it a lot. According to me its good that they are making shows like this and have taken DC Shows to a whole new level. The casting is also perfect as each character seems to be fit for their role. I am personally looking forward to see how the love storyThis show may not seem to be good at first(considering its name) but the cinemamtography and the plot is very good. I personally liked it a lot. According to me its good that they are making shows like this and have taken DC Shows to a whole new level. The casting is also perfect as each character seems to be fit for their role. I am personally looking forward to see how the love story between Holland(Swamp thing) and Abby arcane continues and what types of new villains will be introduced. Expand
  14. Aug 15, 2019
    This the best series on DC's streaming platform. They got the origin down and the characterization is truly well done for the show with this kind of budget. Please go and watch it, because it is seriously that awesome.
  15. Aug 30, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Swamp thing is the most lazy, cliche thing I have ever watched.

Let's talk about Swamp thing. here you have a man, who went through a life changing event, to put it nicely. do they explore that? No. do they explore his feeling about what he's become? well he yells a few times in the swamp, but otherwise no. just out of the blue, He's Swamp thing now and have all the magic Swamp powers, which he doesn't need to learn how to use because the trees let him know how it works.
    Let's talk about the real star of the show Mary Sue- I mean Abby Arcane. a CDC doctor who returns to the small town she grew up in to save the town from a deadly virus...well it's more like bacteria but what would I know, I'm not a TV doctor.. the show is more about her and how she interacts with the rest of the dysfunctional tropes in the town then Swamp Thing. ohh and she has a tragic past too because of course she does.

I would talk about everyone else but...honestly no one in the show is that interesting. I would point out the bad acting but I don't think it's the fault of the actors. I know they have some real talent on the show, (Looking at you Virginia Madsen) but it's wasted with a bad script.
    Also the villains.... your hero is only as good at the villains they are up against.
    there there is the ongoing drama in the town with the token evil characters, you got the evil scientist, the tycoon running the city like a mod boss, and the crooked cops under his thumb.

one more thing I hate is the music. it's poorly used, it's the same thing on loop, and it doesn't work.

I could keep ranting but I think you get the point... Episode 1 is pretty good, looks like it might be going somewhere, after that it just falls off the rails and becomes a train-wreck. they wanted to make the show LOOK like it's horror, but it's just a lot of drama.

one thing I can say that is good, Swamp thing look good. the practical effects looks good. Swamp things eyes look like **** but I can overlook that.

1. Reviewed by: Jacob Oller
    May 31, 2019
    Sometimes the plot can’t find its balance between silly schlock and seriousness. ... But even these tropey elements can’t bring down dialogue that knows when to alternate between breezy and sweltering or stop punchy jump scares from peppering its scenes with periodic spikes in blood pressure.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Tallerico
    May 30, 2019
    The best elements of “Swamp Thing” feel deeply inspired by John Carpenter’s “The Thing,” and there are even a few flashes of icky body horror that brought the master of that, David Cronenberg, to mind. In between those visual flourishes is a show that would fit in fine on The CW, complete with flat dialogue and dull characters.
  3. Reviewed by: Tim Surette
    May 30, 2019
    Through two episodes, Swamp Thing isn't perfect, but it's more than capable of filling the hole in superhero television that's looking for a blend of horror and fantasy.