• Network: Netflix
  • Series Premiere Date: Aug 14, 2020
7.1

1. Aug 15, 2020
    Although it has the word teenage in it, the humor is fun for all ages. Excellent twists along the way.
  2. Aug 18, 2020
    It started a little cheesy, but found its footing quickly. I fell in love with the twins And the show very early on. By episode 5 I already knew it was fantastic and then the plot twists really started and made it so much better. I have also never been as invested in a fictional relationship as I was in one that appears in this show. I just cannot recommend it enough.
  3. Aug 20, 2020
    I unexpectedly enjoyed TBH from the start, but LOVED it by the end. While not perfect, it does so many things well. The storyline moves along at a good pace, the dialogue is just right (funny and deep in turns), the directing is impressive, and wow, did they cast this show well!

I feel like every single character was portrayed by the best actor for that role. All of the leads struck exactly the right note at every turn, making the characters both believable and lovable. (And can I just say, I think Devon Hales' eyes need their own byline? Sheesh, talk about windows to April's soul.)

I loved the story, the humor, and especially the relationships. I adored the sisterly interplay and friendship, the parents' ups and downs, every time Ellen spoke to anyone, the (kind of) mean kids trio whose character developments took some fascinating turns, and watching the sisters drive Bowser crazy. Rarely have I finished a show so emotionally invested and attached to the characters and their various relationships.

Between the acting, writing, and the direction, it felt like this was a labor of love for everybody involved, and that cohesiveness showed throughout. Such well-choreographed body language and placement, timing, editing, facial expressions, vocal tones, and camera angles, is, I assume, partly the product of a positive cast and crew collaboration.

While this show may not be for everyone, I am very much looking forward to seeing more of this show in the future.
  4. Sep 24, 2020
    The first scene is a schoolgirl losing her virginity while quoting the Bible and then a cutaway to her teen sister giving a guy a hand job. Not quite "Cuties" but icky enough with a touch of blasphemy. Revolting.
    Next, we get bad Christians (boo hiss bah). It’s been 40 years since Footloose y’all. Then a white country club with secret racists complete with the confederate flag. Pulease? I imagine the fast-talking teen slappers will win the day by the end of the episode. Only got halfway through. I couldn't watch any more. Dross for creeps.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 7 Critic Reviews

1. Reviewed by: Steve Greene
    Aug 17, 2020
    As both sisters start to explore the assumptions they’ve been handed about who’s worthy of respect and how they should act on their impulses, the piecemeal approach to nabbing people who’ve skipped out on bail doesn’t quite hold the same weight. Yet in those moments when all these disparate elements do click into place, there’s more than enough onscreen energy to want to see where Blair and Sterling’s stories head next.
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Long
    Aug 14, 2020
    “Teenage Bounty Hunters” is pretty much as good and bad as you’d expect it to be. Well, maybe a bit more bad. Which is unfortunate because the show’s young leads — Maddie Phillips and Anjelica Bette Fellini — have wonderful chemistry, batting teen nonsense, emotional eruptions and giddy observations back and forth with crisp timing.
  3. Reviewed by: Brett White
    Aug 14, 2020
    This show is just as fun and irreverent as its title, but there’s actually more going on beneath that surface of snark.