• Network: SHOWTIME
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 27, 2020
5.9

1. Sep 28, 2020
    I didn't think I would be able to get into this show because of the depressing topic, but I am glad I did. It was well acted by both Jeff Daniels as James Comey and Brendan Gleeson as the President as well as the rest of the ensemble cast. The story was well told and showed me aspects that I was not aware of. It was pretty long, but it had a good pace and was well written.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 28 Critic Reviews

1. Reviewed by: Rodrigo Perez
    Oct 5, 2020
    Ultimately, and rather uninterestingly, “The Comey Rule” becomes hagiographic and enamored with Comey’s self-made myth of duty and loyalty above all and the self-serving notion that if mistakes were made, they were made in the name of higher truths.
  2. Reviewed by: Ed Cumming
    Oct 5, 2020
    A surprising amount of tension builds around outcomes we already know. But at three and a half hours, it is far too long, and too often slips into the kind of self-regard and portentousness Americans are so fond of showing towards their major institutions.
  3. Reviewed by: Anita Singh
    Oct 1, 2020
    The drama is framed by a narrator, deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, for no particular reason. It feels like a show you’ve seen a hundred times before – lots of talking in brown rooms with unpleasant lighting, acronyms and beige raincoats and meetings on park benches.