• Network: Netflix
  • Series Premiere Date: Nov 4, 2019
tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 3 more ratings

There are no user reviews yet - Be first to review The Devil Next Door.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 4 Critic Reviews

1. Reviewed by: Lucy Mangan
    Dec 3, 2019
    It largely stuck to the relatively straightforward task of delineating events as they unfolded, although even here there were leaps and gaps in the telling I needed to fill in for myself via the internet after it was all over.
  2. Reviewed by: Ashlie D. Stevens
    Nov 8, 2019
    “The Devil Next Door” definitely has narrative twists, but in its current state it seems that five episodes were simultaneously too many and too few; if this is to be a straight retelling of history, the series drags. If it was meant to really interrogate the questions it raises, it’s not thorough enough. That said, it’s a chilling, often intriguing survey of an event that many of us may remember, but in our current political landscape is worth revisiting.
  3. Reviewed by: Nancy DeWolf Smith
    Nov 5, 2019
    Unnervingly vivid and rich. ... Quibbles aside, it’s hard to imagine a more rewarding five hours of television than this encyclopedically detailed chronicle of an accused Nazi war criminal whose prolonged courtroom battles, which ended only with his death in 2012, said so much about the ineradicable memory of the history he represented.