• Network: HBO
7.5

Watch Now

Buy on

1. Jan 11, 2015
    Incredibly disappointed in the first episode. I've liked a couple of the Duplass Brothers' movies quite a bit and I'm at the same point in life as the characters on this show so I thought it would be right in my wheel house. Instead, I found almost nothing authentic about these characters and was bored by what transpired. If it's supposed to be a comedy it was a failure for me because IIncredibly disappointed in the first episode. I've liked a couple of the Duplass Brothers' movies quite a bit and I'm at the same point in life as the characters on this show so I thought it would be right in my wheel house. Instead, I found almost nothing authentic about these characters and was bored by what transpired. If it's supposed to be a comedy it was a failure for me because I didn't laugh or even smile at anything. If it was supposed to give me insights into life and humanity it was also a failure because there was nothing here that I found insightful. I'll watch a couple of more episodes in hopes it gets better because it has a number of positive reviews, but it will have to drastically improve for me to watch more than three. To sum up, I didn't really buy anything that was happening, but at least I was bored by it. Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 23 Critic Reviews

1. Reviewed by: Ben Travers
    Feb 26, 2016
    Togetherness finds a lovely, inspirational cohesiveness in a remarkably brief amount of time. By the end of the second episode, it's clear something special is happening among the cast--Lynskey is the true standout, though Pappas and Peet won't be short of fans--and the two brothers leading them in front of and behind the camera couldn't be more in tune with everything they've created.
  2. Reviewed by: Willa Paskin
    Jan 13, 2015
    If anything, the depth of the show is enhanced by the humor, and vice versa.
  3. Reviewed by: Vicki Hyman
    Jan 13, 2015
    The four lead characters don't come off as deliberately, purposefully awful. In fact, they're so likable that their self-sabotaging almost adds to their charms. You're rooting for everyone, even when they're at cross-purposes.