Adult Swim | Netflix | Release Date: May 3, 2019
Mixed or average reviews based on 38 Ratings
Watch Now
Review this TV Series
dinobot100Jun 1, 2019
I don't know. I wanted to like it. The surrealism is great, but there's something about the broader view of the show that strikes me oddly regressive, which is the last thing you'd expect it to be. I suppose I'm not the intended audience, andI don't know. I wanted to like it. The surrealism is great, but there's something about the broader view of the show that strikes me oddly regressive, which is the last thing you'd expect it to be. I suppose I'm not the intended audience, and it's not like I'd hold it against anyone for enjoying the show, but I feel there's a lot of wasted potential here. Good stuff bogged down with content that feels exploitative in a way I can't exactly pin down. Stopped watching after the "plumage" episode. Expand
Davrosdaleks1Jul 1, 2019
This is about a couple bird friends, who live in a world of anthromporphic plants and animals. (To clarify: this isn't in the world of Bojack Horseman. The creator Lisa Hanawalt had been a production designer on that show). Only got throughThis is about a couple bird friends, who live in a world of anthromporphic plants and animals. (To clarify: this isn't in the world of Bojack Horseman. The creator Lisa Hanawalt had been a production designer on that show). Only got through an episode and a half. I wasn't feeling it, but I can see how others would like this.

To it's credit, the world of the show was pretty creative. It's a surreal place, one example being snake subways. Animation is entertainingly quirky.

There are some jokes that were pretty funny, but I felt they were too far apart. A lot of jokes felt a little off-kilter and didn't land with me.

Wasn't the biggest fan of Tuca (Tiffany Haddish). She's supposed to be that rude, self-involved person that you're supposed to end up rooting for because she's a good friend. Yeeeeaaaaahhhh... I'm so tired of that sort of character. It kind of rationalizes bad behavior.

Again, I'm saying this wasn't my thing. I don't think it's necessarily a bad show in general. I'm a guy and this was from a female creator, with female leads, and with a female voice, and I don't think I was the target audience. Hanawalt has a specific voice and I wish her show the best of luck.
KookmonautOct 29, 2019
Animation was dull, the characters aren't deep, most of the comedy doesn't land because most of the time it's cheap.
ShawnWilliamsJul 18, 2021
I have watched several episodes over two seasons. I gave this show a chance. But it is horrible. Until I watched Tuca and Bertie, I had never seen any Adult Swim show where I didn't laugh once. All of the men on the show are eitherI have watched several episodes over two seasons. I gave this show a chance. But it is horrible. Until I watched Tuca and Bertie, I had never seen any Adult Swim show where I didn't laugh once. All of the men on the show are either weak-willed useless idiots, bumbling meathead man-children, or sexual perverts who can't go 5 mins without harassing a woman. Yes, there are people like that, but they don't make up a majority of men. This is lazy writing, it's pandering to the "woke" crowd, or being sexist towards me and women. Worst of all...it's not funny. What I don't get is how such an unfunny show can have a 100 on Rotten Tomatoes. I suspect that any negative reviews are flagged on most sites, or people are afraid of saying that this "hilarious and brave" show is unfunny and hacky, with lazy writing and pandering. I'm not. I'm not going to pretend that this show is the greatest animated show ever to be created. It's crap. Unfunny crap. Expand
NancyAMay 5, 2019
This show explores female friendship in a rollicking, funky, expressive bird universe. A great cast gives voice to these charming, self-aware, neurotic strivers. The issues feel specific to 2019. Warning: sexy plant people.
modoferbMay 4, 2019
Es una serie la cual hasta el octavo capitulo si bien es buena no supera una serie promedio, llegado el capitulo 9 la serie despega hasta ser una de las mejores series, gracias a la forma en la cual se explica un rasgo de un personaje el cualEs una serie la cual hasta el octavo capitulo si bien es buena no supera una serie promedio, llegado el capitulo 9 la serie despega hasta ser una de las mejores series, gracias a la forma en la cual se explica un rasgo de un personaje el cual puede llegar a molestar a ciertos fans y por suerte logra mantener una calidad muy similar para el capitulo 10.
Espero con mucho Hype la llegada de una segunda temporada
michaelinpersonMay 27, 2019
For all the bubbly, drug-trip animations that seem to assist in keeping along the show's establishment, there isn't not the deep stuff hidden underneath for us to pick at--people, especially whom this comedy is targeted towards (adults), areFor all the bubbly, drug-trip animations that seem to assist in keeping along the show's establishment, there isn't not the deep stuff hidden underneath for us to pick at--people, especially whom this comedy is targeted towards (adults), are expecting all the goodness: enriched, developed themes with which the audience can only hope will do over-necessary justice for Tuca & Bertie's predecessor Bojack Horseman.
However, this all-empowering and outrageously creative cartoon work seems to do things differently. Sure, it's more fun than serious, it's more out-there than restrictive, but it's intention definitely isn't lacking, or in respect to that, any less meaningful than what could have been.
sachineldhoMay 17, 2019
This show is super cool. The illustrator of BoJack Horseman made this this show. Most tv shows we see are from the male perspective but this one is from a woman's perspective which makes it so interesting, real and new. I love Tuca & Bertie.
kirkenderJun 5, 2019
THIS SHOW IS A ****ING DELIGHT. Its heartfelt, feminist, human and silly and weird. The animation is some of the best in decades, fully embracing what animation can do. Tuca and Bertie are wonderful, real characters. Can't wait for more.
raorianAug 11, 2019
Too much victim culture
I liked the surrealism though
Your review must be at least 75 characters long
mickrussomNov 25, 2021
anyone who likes this show is a mental defective. the main voice acting is idiotic, the jokes stink, and the writing is sophomoric. please read some self help books if you think you like this garbage - books on stoicism can help your journeyanyone who likes this show is a mental defective. the main voice acting is idiotic, the jokes stink, and the writing is sophomoric. please read some self help books if you think you like this garbage - books on stoicism can help your journey to be free of your ego. Expand
Ojo78Nov 24, 2019
It was hard to get into it becouse of it's weird caracters and not very funny humor but by the end it was an impacting story