• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Mar 31, 2015
7.1

1. Apr 2, 2015
    I noticed this is being compared to "Happy Endings" and I must strongly disagree. It's not nearly as funny and right now the show is being dominated by two attractive stars. Right now the show is somewhat predictable. I would compare it to "Marry Me", which is executive produced by the creator of HE. I think Marry Me is funnier,and more of an ensemble cast. Right now Weird Loners is tryingI noticed this is being compared to "Happy Endings" and I must strongly disagree. It's not nearly as funny and right now the show is being dominated by two attractive stars. Right now the show is somewhat predictable. I would compare it to "Marry Me", which is executive produced by the creator of HE. I think Marry Me is funnier,and more of an ensemble cast. Right now Weird Loners is trying to figure out what it wants to be. Expand
  2. Apr 1, 2015
    This show has some talented people, but it lacks consistent tone and focus. What is the point? What is the end goal? There was a very funny sequence at the end of the pilot that sort of saved the first episode, but I'm not sure there's a compelling reason to tune in each week.
  3. Apr 11, 2015
    The Pilot episode was decent. Then the show plummeted in the second episode. No individual character seems to draw in my attention. It feels like someone took Happy Endings, cut the cast in half, put them in a different big city, and then took out all of the witty humored dialogue of good sitcoms. Becki Newton feels like she should be in Sex in the City or one of those other showsThe Pilot episode was decent. Then the show plummeted in the second episode. No individual character seems to draw in my attention. It feels like someone took Happy Endings, cut the cast in half, put them in a different big city, and then took out all of the witty humored dialogue of good sitcoms. Becki Newton feels like she should be in Sex in the City or one of those other shows where beautiful women are always being hit on but whose single status somehow lives on in perpetuity. The overweight man-child's character provides juvenile humor more suited for a Nickelodeon show. Meera's character is the warmhearted-sympathizer whose emotional inclinations toward weirdos always gets her in compromising situations. She's not a believable character. 80% of the show's focus is on Zachary Knighton's character and Becki Newton, so there isn't an even a balance between the weight that each of the four characters are suppose to bring to the show. Personally, I believe the world is tired of characters like Knighton, whose inexplicable prodigious sexual prowess with women always lead him to "sleeping with that one guy's girlfriend." His self-righteous, sarcastic, ill-humored explanations for why he is justified tends to follow closely behind. These characters just aren't that funny anymore. With all this being said, the show might get better, I personally won't be around to find out. Expand

Fox's new sitcom Weird Loners hates its characters to an almost pathological degree. .... The show feels like bullying.
  2. Reviewed by: Hank Stuever
    Mar 31, 2015
    Creator Michael Weithorn (“The King of Queens”) effortlessly pulls Weird Loners past the usual pilot-episode blues to deliver a single-camera show that is harmlessly offbeat and even fun to watch (with something of a “Happy Endings” vibe), thanks to a cast that clicks instantly.
  3. Reviewed by: Gwen Ihnat
    Mar 31, 2015
    Beyond its thin premise, Weird Loners fares best when it digs deeper, having Stosh help Caryn out with an older relative, or exploring the childhood history between Stosh and Eric.