7.2

1. Aug 29, 2019
    So ... i just finished the game and I dont know how to feel about this. First up gameplay:
    The gameplay and shooting mechanics are great and I really like them. The game offers several abilities which are just fun to use like force push, hovering etc. In fact, killing stuff with ur "force" is so much fun it makes me think about the upcoming Star Wars game of EA and that they should really get behind it. Be aware though, some abilities you will only find if you go after some side quests, which brings me to the next point.

There are a couple of sidequest even after finishing the game which vary between really interesting (bosses etc) and absolutly pointless gather or kill missions. Some of this quests are even timed but there is not a single reason to complete them. You will find this quests across the map which is probably my biggest problem with the game.

Traversing in this game, atleast at the beginning, is horrible. The map in this game just sucks and i didnt count how many times I was lost, but it sure was a lot. I dont know who thought about this map, but it really should be handled differently. Sometimes you have to figure out that some elevators take you to different places which are of course not marked on your map. After a couple of hours you will get the hang of it and understand the map but this shouldnt be a thing.

Lets get to the story.
    To be honest ... I dont know what to tell you about the story, because on the one hand I feel like the story and the characters are really well done but on the other hand I am not sure if i actually understood anything that happened in the game. This is probably where all this 10/10 reviews come from but just because the story is complicated, it does not mean the story is good. Its definitely entertaining but not worth a 10 out of 10. At some point int the game I thought i understood the plot and the whole story around it but no ... the game keeps throwing confusing things at you which are never cleared up or make any sense at all. Best example would be the whole janitor thing.

Graphics and performance:
    The game looks really good and they definitely put some work into the maps and special effects. Sometimes the characters look a bit off just like in Quantum Break but thats not a killer for me.
    Personally i had no problems running the game, but others keep complaining about it. Thought i should mention that. Also ... I am talking about the PC version here but I have seen some framerate tests of the game on ps4 and xbox, where the game falls as low as 12 frames which is simply unacceptable. The physics in this game are very well done, which is probably why the consoles have such a hard time running the game. Everything you touch, control or run into actually moves accordingly ... atleast most of the time.

Conclusion:
    If you like Quantum Break you will definitely like this game aswell. For all others, I would advice to wait for a price drop because I think the game is worth about 40 bucks. It offers some solid shooter fun for ca. 8 hours if you rush through the story and way more if you care about sidequests. If it werent for that overall confusing story with more or less no real ending and a terrible map, i would give this game a higher score.
  2. Aug 27, 2019
    Hey, are you old enough to remember "Psi-Ops: the mindgate conspiracy" ? This is new age re-imagining of that game but with flare of SCP, new graphics and blander story.

If you are new to games - enjoy destructibility and new way to control environment, you will like it.
  3. Nov 20, 2020
    Not my favorite, but solid effort from Remedy. Hopefully Alan Wake 2 is next.
  4. Oct 3, 2019
    The first time you start to play you like everything. Everything is interesting, mystic, there is a lot of things to do, places to be, stuff to shoot, things to read, etc. Then, after an hour or two, game starts to feel empty. Same level design, same enemies, same missions. All those cryptic messages pile up and you get tired of reading them. Most of them are "we saw {data deleted}. it isThe first time you start to play you like everything. Everything is interesting, mystic, there is a lot of things to do, places to be, stuff to shoot, things to read, etc. Then, after an hour or two, game starts to feel empty. Same level design, same enemies, same missions. All those cryptic messages pile up and you get tired of reading them. Most of them are "we saw {data deleted}. it is now contained inside The Bureau." And most of all - there is not a lot of story, and almost no characters. Almost nothing is happening. And all you do is shoot same enemies with the same boring gun, grind for rediculous and very boring crafting mechanic, and blindly follow where people tell you to go. Expand
  5. Jun 23, 2020
    Unlike its predecessor Quantum Break, Control suffers from a story that is confusing and uninteresting. It tries to attract your interest, but fails to do so as it tries to push a ton of lore onto you without providing any context. Since you don't know what's going on, you're forced to play along with it in hopes that you will eventually figure it out.

Lacking an introduction, you're

Lacking an introduction, you're thrown straight inside a random building that doesn't have much in the way of exploration, and it's hard to ever justify doing so because the environment doesn't seem all that interesting. There are collectibles for you to find, but they don't provide anything meaningful besides inconsequential lore.

A lot of the time as you're progressing through, you will get lost and not know what to do because the game takes a bit of a hands-off approach. Checkpoints don't really exist in the game, so even though the game isn't particularly difficult, it can be annoying at times to have to start over in a region if you die.

I admire that Control got telekinesis done right unlike other games in the past that tried to incorporate it, but that alone doesn't save the game from its faults. The game is formulaic as well, since you simply enter a room, fight the enemies inside, and then enter the next one and rinse and repeat. There's nothing else to do outside of fighting besides going through required cutscenes or events.

Overall, you won't miss out on much by not playing this game. This is another one of those shooters that'll eventually get tossed into the bargain bin and become forgotten. It's bland, lacks direction, and never tries to get you to care about the world and its characters. It's not very lengthy either since you can get it done in around eight hours. I'd say that Control is worth a 6.5, but I settled on a 6 because of its repetitive gameplay and lazy writing.

(On a side note, Control suffers from a known issue where if your GPU is overclocked, it can error out and freeze. If you experience this, turn off any GPU overclocking and it should run fine.)
  6. Dec 24, 2019
    I just finished it and overall I enjoyed it, but it wasn't without issues. I feel like the game starts off really strong but ends rather weak, by the end I was ready for it to be over, it definitely overstayed its welcome. Certain scenes just dragged on, or maybe they just felt like they did because I was getting bored by the end.

+ Visuals + Combat + Voicework - Performance (I had

+ Visuals
    + Combat
    + Voicework

- Performance (I had to turn down/off far too many settings to keep 60+ fps with a GTX 1080, 8600k @ 4.8GHz at only 1080p)
    - Confusing map, maybe it's just me but I got lost a lot
    - Unsatisfactory ending
    -Overstayed its welcome
  7. Sep 4, 2019
    Control is a graphically astonishing third person shooter tackling on a different theme/setting. It offers a satisfying combat, a unique core mechanic and a lot of visual/auditory pleasure. Unfortunately, the seemingly nonsensical story, repetitive environments and bland acting kills it for me.
  8. Jan 1, 2020
    I stopped playing the game to create a metacritic account and review this mediocre game. The game is very tiring. The boss fights are difficult and not satisfyingly difficult. The checkpoint system makes you fight spawning enemies every time you die and make your way to the boss fight. This gets very tiring and is a pure waste of time.

The level design is impressive at times, but you're

The level design is impressive at times, but you're so tired from seeing the same places all the time (because you die in vain) that it loses its charm.

There are good elements in the game. Like the powers that you have and are impressive and fun to use. Like the story that is intriguing (although way too much on the supernatural side), but these elements do not make the game enjoyable in the end.

I'm struggling to finish the game. I really want to give the game a good rating but it became so tiring with all the bad design choices that prohibits me from doing that. Only recommended in a heavy sale (like 5 euros).
  9. Sep 1, 2019
    In English:
    What should I say about this mediocre game, now let's start with the story.
    It's about something that has infected a building. Why, you do not know! Now Jessie Faden goes in there to ... look for the brother and becomes the director of the building because they find a "living weapon". Graphics: Northlight Engine, as in Quantum Break very mediocre. Owners of an RT graphics
    In English:
    What should I say about this mediocre game, now let's start with the story.
    Graphics: Northlight Engine, as in Quantum Break very mediocre. Owners of an RT graphics card can be happy otherwise the graphic does not tear anybody off the stool.
    Sound: In German the purest catastrophe, In English good.
    Gameplay: Here comes the biggest weakness of Control to wear.
    At first it is entertaining enough to chase after the mysterious story, but after about 5 ~ 6 hours the game does not even know where to lead it. I like games with a tick challenge, but Control leaves you completely in the lurch.
    Even sidequests take you on an endless journey, because you're not strong enough to get any further or you're lacking in certain skills, but where do other side quests make you end up?
    This Metroidvania concept annoys without end!
    It is indecisive, illogical and makes quite a good game concept completely broken.
    Even the gunplay in the often too narrow spaces is more difficult than funny, right when you get 5 rockets at once in the face. The super powers help there just as much as Pooping, namely not at all.

My conclusion 6/10
    It could have been such a good game from Control, but no, it had to be different (do not mind) just so different that it just becomes unpleasant after 6 to 7 hours. One tortures himself mainly by having fun instead of having fun.

In Deutsch:
    Was soll ich zu diesem Mittelmäßigen Spiel sagen, nun fangen wir bei der Story an.
    Es geht um etwas das ein Gebäude Infiziert hat. Warum, weiß man nicht! Nun geht man als Jessie Faden dort rein um...den Bruder zu suchen und wird zur Direktorin des Gebäudes weil man eine "lebendige Waffe" findet.
    Grafik: Northlight Engine, wie bei Quantum Break sehr Mittelmäßig. Besitzer einer RT Grafikkarte können sich freuen sonst reißt die Grafik niemanden vom Hocker.
    Sound: Auf Deutsch die reinste Katastrophe, In English gut.
    Gameplay: Hier kommt die größte Schwäche von Control zum tragen.
    Anfangs ist es noch ganz Unterhaltsam der mysteriösen Story nachzujagen, nach etwa 5~6 Stunden weiß aber nicht mal mehr das Spiel selbst wohin es lotsen soll. Ich mag ja Spiele mit einem Tick herausforderung aber Control lässt dich völlig im Stich.
    Sogar Sidequests nehmen einen mit ohne ein Ende zu finden weil, du bist längst nicht Stark genug um da weiter zu kommen oder dir fehlt es an bestimmten Fähigkeiten, aber woher nehmen wenn selbst wieder andere Sidequests dich nicht zum Ende kommen lassen?
    Dieses Metroidvania Konzept nervt ohne Ende!
    Es ist unschlüssig, unlogisch und mach ein recht gutes Spielkonzept völlig kaputt.
    Selbst das Gunplay in den oftmals viel zu engen Räumen ist eher Anstrengent als lustig, erstrecht wenn man 5 Raketen auf einmal ins Gesicht bekommt. Die Superkräfte helfen da genausoviel wie Pupsen, nämlich gar nicht.

Mein Fazit 6/10
    Man hätte so ein gutes Spiel aus Control machen können, aber nein, es musste ja anders sein (nichts dagegen) nur so anders das es nach 6 bis 7 Stunden einfach unlustig wird. Man Quält sich hauptsächlich durch statt Spaß am Spiel zu haben.
  10. Aug 29, 2019
    Pros: Lack of quest markers, fairly clean HUD, serviceable combat, ok level design, light horror atmosphere, decent pacing, wide field of view when not aiming, high production values, gameplay customization options like enemy health bars on / off
    Cons: Kind of boring, map only gives position of named locations so traversing can be a chore

Overall you'll just be shooting things
  11. czg
    Jan 1, 2020
    Visuals are very nice. Architecture is cool. Backstory and world are interesting, though the creepypasta vibe and the main character's cliche inner monologue wears thin after a while.

On the negative side, the gameplay is more of an obstacle than a boon. Difficulty curve is unenjoyably punishing and the gameplay is too slow for the dozen-or-more retries a boss battle takes. After each death, I have to start again from a save point miles back and navigate the map to the boss fight to be killed again, rinse and repeat ad nauseam.
    I work on games for a living and I don't have the time for this.

Would ask the devs to add difficulty settings to the game; if not, I'd ask for a refund if I could.
  12. Jan 1, 2020
    A mediocre game that won game of the year 2019 by IGN. What a joke. According to IGN, this game beats Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, Resident Evil 2 Remake and Disco Elysium, can't believe it. Control is in most aspects a worse game than the other title by Remedy - Quantum Break. As with Quantum Break the player obtains special powers that spice up the combat. Control has smoother game playA mediocre game that won game of the year 2019 by IGN. What a joke. According to IGN, this game beats Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, Resident Evil 2 Remake and Disco Elysium, can't believe it. Control is in most aspects a worse game than the other title by Remedy - Quantum Break. As with Quantum Break the player obtains special powers that spice up the combat. Control has smoother game play with less stutter issues. This is the only advantage against Quantum Break. Control has a more boring story, a lot more difficult combat, a lot less diverse environments and it uses the same uninspiring engine, Northlight, which has water washed colors but at least Control does not freeze or stutter like Quantum Break. The sound effects are acceptable except for the annoying voices in the head of the protagonist (don't use headphones unless you want to go mad). The story progresses through obtaining pieces of information but it is constructed in a rather boring way. The game play is repetitive and boring. Wait for a sale, rent or borrow from a friend. Not worth the current price tag. Expand
  13. Aug 29, 2019
    Lets begin by saying that this game is a massive resource hog with my 1080 barely being able to keep up, and that at 60fps. To make matters worse, this does not translate to visual fidelity, not only the setting is a by 70-80% a very bland set of offices and gray corridors, the rest looks outdated too. Like, trees/plants/foliage don't even animate, what year is it?

The story is cool,

The story is cool, though rather predictable, which is a shame because the overall setting and mood would make an amazing stage for a kickass story with plot twists, mysteries and stuff. Oh well.

Unfortunately, the game also suffers from a Dark Souls complex to put it this way, which is extremely annoying to see in more and more games. You unlock checkpoints as the game goes on, you can only level up/upgrade stuff to them, you can teleport between them and when you die, you return to them with some ending up being annoyingly far away from where you died. Oh, and most enemies respawn as well! To add insult to injury, loading times are probably the longest I have seen since a long time, I would pick up my phone and chat when they d pop up. And they do pop up a lot. Wanna save some time and fast travel to a point nearby in the same level? Better go pee or eat something because it's loading time!

Overall, a very meh game. Not great, not terrible. Maybe if it was on Steam and it would go on some decent sale...
  14. Sep 16, 2019
    Decent enough game, but not the 10/10 a lot of magazines claim it is.

The setting is really bland (anonymous offices, which is basically pretty much the whole game).
    The enemies get's boring as well. Yawn.
  15. Sep 9, 2019
    I was excited to buy this game after reading so many positive reviews. What a disappointment!!! After three hours of play I can say that I have understood nothing or almost nothing in history.The beautiful graphics are not enough. The variety of settings is nothing. The gameplay is fun but not enough to save the game. I really love complex and intricate stories but this just doesn'tI was excited to buy this game after reading so many positive reviews. What a disappointment!!! After three hours of play I can say that I have understood nothing or almost nothing in history.The beautiful graphics are not enough. The variety of settings is nothing. The gameplay is fun but not enough to save the game. I really love complex and intricate stories but this just doesn't involve me. Sin Expand
  16. Aug 28, 2019
    This game is beautiful if you have the hardware to run it. Too bad you spend your time inside a restricted grayish-blueish facility. However, when you get some variation to that, it's always awesome. I'd say this game's strongest points are artistic and mysterious level design at least in some parts, sound design and overall graphics and effects. Controls are adequate but a bit clunky. InThis game is beautiful if you have the hardware to run it. Too bad you spend your time inside a restricted grayish-blueish facility. However, when you get some variation to that, it's always awesome. I'd say this game's strongest points are artistic and mysterious level design at least in some parts, sound design and overall graphics and effects. Controls are adequate but a bit clunky. In the end, however, it's just another Remedy games with recurring Remedy problems:

+First: very low or zero replayability (well, death rally had replayability for sure, but the games after that didn't, except maybe Max Payne for some nostalgia). Once you have completed this game, you can practically just sell it. Quantum Break theoretically had replayability, but the game was so painful that I don't really want to do it again just to see the movie clips.

+Second: linearity. You are just running from place to another in a restricted area.

+Third: recycled ideas. The ability to manipulate environment has been around since Max Payne. In the later games this same concept is just reused in a slightly different ways. Sure it looks cool and is fun for a
    while, but it gets very soon repetitive and can't carry the whole game.

+Fourth: exclusivity to stores no one wants to use.

+Fifth: boss fights.

+Sixth: average storyline.

+Seventh: performance issues on PC.

+Eighth: Forced over-the-shoulder mode with no possibility to go first person. Also no stealth. All fights are practically shoot & hide.

Btw. if you didn't notice it already, 90% of the 10/10 reviews seem to be user score manipulation. Lots of accounts have been created just to give full score to this game.
  17. Sep 18, 2019
    Interesting and unique gameplay and world but it quickly gets boring. Not to mention pefromance issues.
  18. Sep 8, 2019
    I appreciate the implementation of Ray Tracing and physics.
    The superpowers are "fun" but repetitive.
    The map however is very confusing. The lore is uninteresting, the story is campy, the acting and facial animations are bad. cut scenes have terrible camera angles that it randomly jumps between because the scenes are just talking... The AI is bad, flying enemies cannot float below a
    I appreciate the implementation of Ray Tracing and physics.
    The superpowers are "fun" but repetitive.
    The map however is very confusing.
    The AI is bad, flying enemies cannot float below a certain height, enemies often can't come up stairs...
    Enemies do high damage and they throw 10 at you at once, to overwhelm you rather than giving them any logic. n most rooms there's an area you can defend without the enemies being able to hit you.
  19. Sep 4, 2019
    A good game. Simple, cool physics and nice to play. Acceptable graphics and good moves.
  20. Mar 6, 2020
    This may be for someone a "masterpiece" I have not mastered, too boring. The wait was a completely different project. The graphics and destruction are excellent.
  21. Jun 1, 2020
    This is a pretty good game. Interesting story, good visuals. It'd be a much better game if it wasn't trying so hard to be a Soulslike. The studio seems to have gone out of their way to make the game frustrating to play, and in an exploration-focused game like this, there's just no need for that. A lot of potential in this game, but in many ways the experience is spoiled by choices theThis is a pretty good game. Interesting story, good visuals. It'd be a much better game if it wasn't trying so hard to be a Soulslike. The studio seems to have gone out of their way to make the game frustrating to play, and in an exploration-focused game like this, there's just no need for that. A lot of potential in this game, but in many ways the experience is spoiled by choices the designers made.

Some examples:
    - Combat difficulty is absurd, even for just random enemy encounters, and there's no difficulty setting
    - Fast travel points aren't well distributed, so you have to struggle your way back to where you were every time you die, which will happen constantly
    - There's no minimap, and the map that *is* provided is a single graphic which overlays all floors (of which there can be five or six). This makes the map much less useful than just one map per floor.

My feedback to 505 Games would be, next time, don't try so hard to be "hardcore". Just make pretty games with good stories and let people enjoy the game if they want to play at a more relaxed pace!
  22. Apr 13, 2020
    Очень средненькая игрушка.
    Хотели сделать крутой сюжет, но перемудрили и в итоге получилось это.
    На последней миссии чуть не дропнул, затянуто и неинтересно.
  23. Nov 17, 2019
    Эта игра не так хороша, как, возможно, ожидалось. Дизайн уровней оставляет желать лучшего, главная героиня не очень интересна, а изучение в духе Метроидвании может быть слишком сложным. Тем не менее, игра становится немного лучше в конце.Эта игра не так хороша, как, возможно, ожидалось. Дизайн уровней оставляет желать лучшего, главная героиня не очень интересна, а изучение в духе Метроидвании может быть слишком сложным. Тем не менее, игра становится немного лучше в конце.
  24. Sep 3, 2019
    Overhyped and overrated game with a weird story it's not so interesting. The game has some good visuals but definitely NOT next-gen graphics. Control is overall an OK shooter with demanding hardware requirements the game becomes boring fast and the shooting feels generic and very repetitive after a while also the plot does not make sense until the end. PS: Some idiots that give a 10 scoreOverhyped and overrated game with a weird story it's not so interesting. The game has some good visuals but definitely NOT next-gen graphics. Control is overall an OK shooter with demanding hardware requirements the game becomes boring fast and the shooting feels generic and very repetitive after a while also the plot does not make sense until the end. PS: Some idiots that give a 10 score to this they must be out of their minds... Expand
  25. Oct 29, 2019
    It's amazing the first 2-3 hours and then it becomes super repetitive and the writing just falls apart.

Also, considering it's a game about moving a round a massive building, the map you use is quite frankly terrible.
  26. Sep 16, 2019
    They did a great job of telling an interesting, well paced story that still made me feel like I was in control. No aggressive cutscenes, no heaps of exposition, just letting me figure out stuff for myself.

Then came the next 15 minutes of the game, and I found myself mostly in the role of the co-pilot. Still, things were interesting, and the destruction physics quite nice. Except that they only really worked in the tutorial when it came to crushing enemies who turned into bullet-spongy annoyances from the first encounter onwards.

And yes, you could still destroy everything except for the stuff that you couldn't destroy, which is quite a lot and therefore makes it seem like a gimmick. It never was really used as a game mechanic, as a way to get from A to B without having to shoot the same set of increasingly hard to destroy mobs, or to uncover the unseen, or do anything else except for making your attacks way more impressive than they were, and of course that kind of destruction is great material for videos and trailers.

It couldn't keep me from getting bored really fast. If this had been an animated movie, not longer than 150 minutes, where I could just sit back instead of going through waves of clones and bosses and having to pick up shinies along the way just to get on with the story, I would have enjoyed it a lot more. The feeling of disconnect with the character due to the direction and presentation was less dominant than in Quantum Break, but still left me wondering why these people make games instead of films.

Really liked the tone and atmosphere and the general style though, and if you enjoy shooting and blasting your way through a decent movie while collecting stuff you will find a polished experience that gives you exactly that. Or watch someone else playing it, because - and that's my main grieve here - it doesn't really feel any different.
  27. Oct 1, 2019
    An empty, boring and lazy game made with the sole purpose of promoting RTX and with some feminism bulls**t references just so this wouldn't be a complete financial failure
  28. Nov 15, 2019
    I'm a long time fan of Remedy, and loved Max Payne 2 and Alan Wake + American Nightmare. Not so much for the gameplay, as for the incredible atmosphere, the indirect storytelling, in which music played no small part, the little details. I was a bit disappointed by Quantum Break, it's as if the big production money took away from Remedy's vision.
    Now we have Control, and in my opinion it's
    Now we have Control, and in my opinion it's their best work in terms of gameplay by far, mixing weapons and PSI powers with quick movement. The story setup is great and perfectly coherent, as long as you accept the supernatural leitmotiv.
    The story that unfolds is unfortunately not quite as good as Alan Wake's, it's much more linear. Jesse Faden enters a mysterious building looking for someone, along the way grabs the sword in the stone (not literally but almost) and becomes Queen of England, or at least Director of the super secret FBC. From here, she'll have to solve an ongoing crisis, gradually gaining new powers, new weapon forms and access to more and more areas, but while the shifting reality of the building remains mesmerizing, the story itself does not provide too many surprises.
    There's a lot of material in the form of notes, correspondence and audio recordings, allowing the player to delve deeper into Control's world. After a while, though, it all started to become boring. I loved audio recordings in the old System Shock 2 because they told the tale of dozens of NPC who died on the starship it was based in. People who got swept away before the player appeared, good or bad, fighting or cowering in fear, they made the story come alive. In Control, after 100 notes about this or that mystical artefact, with dozens of words redacted to make it clear that the FBC takes secrecy seriously... ok, ok, I get it, but 10 would have been enough, how about providing something more varied?
    As I said, gunplay is lots of fun, but the powerup system leaves a lot to be desired. You have a very limited number of slots to customize your character and her weapons, so that I felt very constrained in my choices. Extra health + extra health regeneration are almost a must. That leaves you with ONE free slot and a lot of powerups that provide minimal effect. This is an area that would deserve a rework, in my opinion. On the other hand, I really can't see what people find wrong in the in-game map, I never had any problems, it's not like there are 20 levels on top of one another.
    Some bosses are downright infuriating, I can't imagine what it would be like to fight them using a controller. One forces the player to fight in a small room where the boss can mix explosive fungus, seeking spores and super strong direct hit combos, another one has you fight on a rather small square suspended in space, with the floor that gets eaten away by every enemy attack, so that you can aim at the enemy and fall through to your death, or look at the floor and not shoot.
    Finally, it's very sad for me to see Remedy go Sarkeesian. Tough female protagonist, check. Male NPCs = mostly jerks, check. Tough, competent, reliable female NPCs, check. It's not as black and white as in so many other games, but still you have a tough as nails ex CIA agent and a competent scientist facing a jerk custodian for a warehouse of altered items, a jerk head of Communications who disregards safety procedures to his own detriment and a suppposedly reliable chief of security who cannot even protect himself.

TL;DR

Good:
    - Gunplay with PSI is fun
    - GREAT supernatural environment
    - Very good music by Poets Of The Fall (love the maze sequence)
    - Very good graphics

Bad:
    - Infuriating boss fights
    - Limited freedom in configuring your abilities
    - Monotonous collectible story material
    - Grrrl power, luckily not to an extreme extent
  29. Dec 29, 2019
    I have very mixed feelings about this game.Half of them are positive and the other is negative.Firstly i will start off by saying that this game is 80% inspired from the scp foundation.The altered items(Scp's) the bureau (SCP foundation) and everything else.That for me is a positive since i loved the SCP foundation before they ruined it.Now that doesn't mean that the game doesn't haveI have very mixed feelings about this game.Half of them are positive and the other is negative.Firstly i will start off by saying that this game is 80% inspired from the scp foundation.The altered items(Scp's) the bureau (SCP foundation) and everything else.That for me is a positive since i loved the SCP foundation before they ruined it.Now that doesn't mean that the game doesn't have its own story.It does and i did like some parts of it but most of the story was pretty standard and 60% boring.It had some good and interesting parts but they were too few and far apart.The characters were alright the VA of the main heroine was in my opinion really bad and i didn't felt any hint of emotion when she spoke.Darling on the other hand was **** amazing.I loved every scene when he showed up even made me wonder if this guy was a professional actor or something since he was really good at acting and every time i watched him he seemed super entertained in what he was doing.God Bless that man.The other characters are your standard sub-human trash with no unique perks or personality .Gameplay wise 60% of it i loved.The mechanics and power-ups you get are pretty good (except the levitation part which was really badly programmed).The enemies were pretty standard with barely anything unique in them.I loved reading the summaries of the altered objects(SCPs) but that's because i love stuff like that.The ending was ok nothing special really it looked more like it was made to sell the game's future DLC which i will not be buying.Music was good especially when the soundtrack started playing in the trippy Ashtray Maze.Man i loved that part it was soooo goood with all the moving rooms and doors and awesome music loved every bit of that part.Overall it's an alright game and if you are an SCP fan this is probably the closest you will get to an SCP game so you better check it out.-1 because they decided to be greedy and go Epic store Exclusive.Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Expand
  30. Sep 22, 2019
    Pretty good game, very good face animation with nice story. Shooting was little disapointing. There is nothing bad to say about this game and also nothing revolutionary in this title. Just average. Main story took me 9h, average on HLTB is 10, I expected more for this price. Wait for sale and you can enjoy this game.
  31. Oct 5, 2019
    Great game, but not a masterpiece at all. Remedy you can do better. It was a pleasure to play really, very nice control and all these things. BUT... The plot is not exciting, too «grey», too cliche...
  32. Jan 20, 2020
    Up to a point, I really loved this game.
    Up to a point, I really loved this game.
    An intriguing mysterious and Weird story-line set in The Old House, part Secret Government Centre and part Portal into several other dimensions. You play as Jesse, as we uncover her back story she uncovers the whereabouts and reasons for the disappearance of her brother Dylan in a wonderful Lovecraftian/Prisoneresque action adventure: Guns, Levitation. Telekinesis and Mind Control abilities combine to make this a supremely fun game.
    What I most liked about the game,was the fact that quite early on, I seemed Godlike in my abilities, and getting to learn to use them wisely and upgrade the abilities I felt comfortable in, made me feel ahead of the AI. Sure I died a lot, either because I was rushing or being stupid, or had to learn a different approach to different enemies, but always felt I was in Control (...see what I did there?).
    There was a point in the game where that disintegrated. Some of the optional Control Point Bosses were just frustratingly horrible to fight, losing all the action momentum it becomes suddenly like taking on a Dark Souls boss: wading through endless trash mobs to get to main fight only to be oneshotted once you get there. The end game also seemed to take a sudden difficulty spike, and had me roaring at the monitor in anguish and frustration. Not Fun.
    Despite this short coming it was overall a blast to play.
    Seven and a half outta ten
  33. Jan 31, 2020
    This game was pretty good. Remedy and 505 did a fine job optimizing a solid experience that ran well on PC hardware and was forward-thinking in the space, with RTX touches not seen in many titles yet. A mix of Psi-Ops and FEAR, Control sees you play Jesse Faden as you begin to unravel a poorly-told story about the Federal Bureau of Control, the massive facility you start off in and areThis game was pretty good. Remedy and 505 did a fine job optimizing a solid experience that ran well on PC hardware and was forward-thinking in the space, with RTX touches not seen in many titles yet. A mix of Psi-Ops and FEAR, Control sees you play Jesse Faden as you begin to unravel a poorly-told story about the Federal Bureau of Control, the massive facility you start off in and are suddenly director of (and immediately accepted by absolutely everyone), your past, and various powerful artifacts and objects of power hidden within. You unlock new abilities along the way, including some you can simply skip if you aren't going out of your way enough, and collect bits and bobs that allow you to upgrade them and your weapons.

Overall the experience was pretty streamlined, but a poor map, awkward pacing, odd live-action vs. animated cutscenes (and poor facial capture), and janky controls for some later abilities prevented me feeling truly "in control". The story really wants you to just accept it so earenstly but it could have been so much more. I liked my 10 hours or so with the game, but is it 2019's game of the year? No way.
  34. Nov 19, 2019
    I am really enjoying this game so far, and I really love female characters that actually act and speak like females, not manly feminist **** This game is made by Remedy (the creators of Max Payne and Alan Wake) so it should have some quality right? I love the art design and the whole mysterious plot involving the redhead girl. I like Jesse, not as much as I like SHelly Bombshell tho, butI am really enjoying this game so far, and I really love female characters that actually act and speak like females, not manly feminist **** This game is made by Remedy (the creators of Max Payne and Alan Wake) so it should have some quality right? I love the art design and the whole mysterious plot involving the redhead girl. I like Jesse, not as much as I like SHelly Bombshell tho, but she does a great job playing as a psychic detective. Expand
  35. Sep 12, 2020
    On its surface this seems like an easy recommendation. It’s beautiful to look at with some of the best ray tracing visuals out there. The paranormal intrigue of the story hooked me in. The combat system and action is immensely satisfying. It quickly more or less falls apart.

I couldn’t tell you what’s actually happening with the story. The intro sets up a good premise, but nothing of interest really happens after that. There seems to be a big tone disconnect between the main character and everyone else. We get to hear her inner thought bubbles, which present a person in high distress. Everyone else, despite being in a situation of clear calamity, doesn’t reflect that at all. They all seem calm, composed, worry free, maybe not by intention, but by lack of character development. All NPCs are just there to serve as objective givers and receivers. They’re not actual characters, which makes the whole experience feel disjointed. The game is properly challenging for the most part, but it employs some badly implemented souls like mechanics. Deaths are punished by permanently removing upgrade points and teleporting you back to the last activated save point. Enemies usually won’t respawn, so all this second mechanic does is waste your time. To make matters worse the game is frustratingly difficult to navigate. I felt constantly lost and the in game map is awful. About three hours in and you’ve seen the entire variety of the gameplay and the story will be dead by then. The game quickly becomes repetitive as you struggle to find your way from area to area while fighting the same enemies using the same basic tactics over and over all through an absent story.

The game would also regularly freeze on me. It was annoying enough to get the game process killed, but upon restarting I would find that for some reason the last half hour or so of my game progress was lost.

This is unfortunately the first Remedy game I won’t be completing. I’ve loved their work before with Max Payne, Alan Wake, and Quantum Break. This game has a good first three hours and that’s about it.
  36. Jun 27, 2021
    Bosses are extremely difficult and when you die the load times are excessive and there is no difficulty setting either, this can mean 2 minutes of challenging a boss before you die and then having to wait 5 minutes for the game to load again and add another 3 minutes to get back to the boss. I also find myself getting lost and not knowing where the to go because the map in game reallyBosses are extremely difficult and when you die the load times are excessive and there is no difficulty setting either, this can mean 2 minutes of challenging a boss before you die and then having to wait 5 minutes for the game to load again and add another 3 minutes to get back to the boss. I also find myself getting lost and not knowing where the to go because the map in game really sucks, this game is needlessly frustrating, I play games to have fun; not to be frustrated Expand
  37. Jun 17, 2021
    Very annoying map, the story is hampered so much by not being able to find were to go making what should be fun frustrating and a overall average experience.
    Like a nice park and good weather and a icecream but you got something sharp in your shoe and it stops you from smelling the flowers and having a good time.
  38. Feb 4, 2021
    I am very confused by the praise this game seems to get. Frankly, after a few hours of play I found it incoherent, dull and unremarkable. I played to the end it peaked about 2/3rd of the way through (dimensional research), then it just ended. Even with an RTX 3080, I'm finding the graphics dull as well, it's mostly a concrete building with some flashes of red from time to time. SometimesI am very confused by the praise this game seems to get. Frankly, after a few hours of play I found it incoherent, dull and unremarkable. I played to the end it peaked about 2/3rd of the way through (dimensional research), then it just ended. Even with an RTX 3080, I'm finding the graphics dull as well, it's mostly a concrete building with some flashes of red from time to time. Sometimes the red obscures the screen making it impossible to see. The enemies are repetitive, as is the gunplay. For the first few hours I had no chance to engage with the main character or plot. Since it is so weird and none of it has been explained, it means that most of it means nothing and gets ignored as nonsense, it didn't get much better. An utterly overrated game. Expand
  39. Dec 16, 2020
    Control is pretty solid game. Nice simple story in complicated universe with trippy visuals, interesting gameplay and abilities. Entertaining but also very forgettable. Probably the only part you will remember long after finishing this game is hotel part with headphones. It is pure ecstasy of inovation with nice blend of epic music. If the game was like this all the time i would neverControl is pretty solid game. Nice simple story in complicated universe with trippy visuals, interesting gameplay and abilities. Entertaining but also very forgettable. Probably the only part you will remember long after finishing this game is hotel part with headphones. It is pure ecstasy of inovation with nice blend of epic music. If the game was like this all the time i would never forget this title. But it is not. I would give better score but it was "Epic" store exclusivity and it is unforgettable. This cancer of PC platform have to be stopped. Expand
  40. Dec 31, 2020
    Control is another solid outing from Remedy, but at the same time not as solid as Remedy's previous works in my opinion.

The game opens up quite unusually, there's no fanfare, it just starts and off you go. From there you're mostly on your own in discovering mind bending and mysterious world that lies behind the exterior of the Oldest House. During the game you acquire certain

During the game you acquire certain paranormal powers that feel cool to use and aid you greatly in the combat. Speaking of combat, it feels old schoolish compared to other modern AAA 3rd person shooters, with there being no hand holding, no cover system, you have fast draining health pool that doesnt auto-regenerate and there's 1 universal difficulty which can be quite challenging even after getting grips with it, and i respect that.
    And what would be a Remedy game without solid shooting mechanics. Gunplay in Control was satisfying, with the more traditional forms of the Service Weapon like Grip and Shatter feeling weighty and mechanical. They also sounded really darn well too, especially the Shatter form which had a proper kick to it.
    I need to applaud to Remedy for pushing for highly phyisics driven world interactivity, seeing physics driven destruction was so refreshing in a modern game, because so many developers either have abbandoned it or simply lack the know-how these days in how to pull it off.
    However one problem regarding weapons and gameplay is that you can only equip 2 weapon forms at once, if you want to change, you have to go into the inventory every single time to equip a different one, and it's just annoying, having them all available at a push of a key or mouse scroll would've been so much more intuitive.
    And the mod system that exists for both weapons and powers is kind of a mess too, because the game bombards you with new mods all the bloody time, and with there being a conservative limit to how much you can carry, it makes micro management nigh infuriating.
    The non-linear nature of the game also can eventually become exhausting due to backtracking. I try to avoid fast travelling in games, however in Control, in a few instances fast travel was the only way to exit an area for some reason.
    Jesse's outfit selection also felt rather dull, even more so the optional outfits, only her director's outfit had some personality.

Narrative in Control gave me fairly mixed sensations.
    The world, lore and setting the game introduces are very interesting, i read, listened, watched every piece of collectible i found, as the Bureau, it's history, mysterious elements and operations are really fascinating. The urge to find out and solve what has gone so wrong at the place is strong.
    Former director Trench and Dr. Darling in my opinion steal the show and kind of overshadow even Jesse herself, even though they dont appear in flesh in the game, they're that well written and performed.
    And here lies one of the main issues i had with the story, none of the characters that Jesse actually encounters in flesh are that compelling really, apart from the finnish janitor Ahti, who doesnt appear that much in the game, but there's just something about him.
    Speaking of Jesse as a protagonist, she also didnt impress me that much. The charisma and charm of the previous Remedy's protagonists just isnt there. Beyond Jesse's ''gift'', there's just kind of a unremarkable and quite frankly bland persona. If they wanted to subvert expectations with the ''average girl from the street'', then i'm afraid Remedy over achieved.
    And i just dont understand why Jesse swears so much, it feels so forced, like the worst kind of millenial writing that tries too hard to come off as mature, but comes off as juvenile instead, i simply refuse to believe that it's Sam Lake's touch, though even if it isnt, shame on him for allowing it to happen. Same can be said about other characters swearing, it just reeks of cheap writing, not Remedy pedigree. I'm not against strong language in games, however there's the right, mature way to do it, and the cheap, juvenile way.
    The final main story quest fell flat aswell for me, i expected something much more after all the build up surrounding the game's main threat, instead what i got was a feeling "For real, is that really it?". Now to be honest, that kind of a finale isnt really something new in a Remedy game, but it was handled so much better in Alan Wake.
    And the Bureau alerts popping up all the damn time during central or side quests was a dumb design choice aswell.

There were also some inconsistencies that made me curious, despite the game showing Bureau as this ''Old Boys Club'' run by old men, the FBC's elite armed force ''Rangers'' has both men and women in their ranks, but ranger in-game models are all male, it's baffling to hear women's voices coming out of male bodies.
    Aswell as, despite seeing FBC having a gender diverse workforce across it's various sectors, departments and ranks, all the dead bodies in the game are only men.
  41. Apr 24, 2020
    This was a wonderful random discovery for me.
    Very fun to play with a very interesting story that is not superficially constructed -if it wasn't for the mysterious plot I would have find it boring eventually -
    And for my surprise the game's fighting mechanics almost tops mass effect's. And this is maybe its crown!
  42. Jan 18, 2020
    TL;DR - A fun and unique experience story wise, people familiar with the SCP Foundation will enjoy this a bit more than the rest. A good part of the combat mechanics are innovative and well executed, but it lacks a little polish and optimization in the same department. Main Questline goes for about 14 or 15 hours give or take your difficulty level, is a good experience at full price anTL;DR - A fun and unique experience story wise, people familiar with the SCP Foundation will enjoy this a bit more than the rest. A good part of the combat mechanics are innovative and well executed, but it lacks a little polish and optimization in the same department. Main Questline goes for about 14 or 15 hours give or take your difficulty level, is a good experience at full price an even better one if you purchase this on any kind of sale. Hopefully Remedy will take in all the feedback and make a much more Optimized and Balanced experience in the Sure to Be Sequel to CONTROL.

The Good
    Jesse grew on me through out the game. Being privy to her thoughts really endeared me to her and although it is not a new aspect from a character development perspective it is well executed and works to the game's overall experience. The weirdness of the story really vibes in tandem with her character and the backstory given to Jesse. Campaign Length is just right since it is pretty much a one track story and does not over stay its welcome with padding and or artificial stretching.

Combat mechanics were really fun Launch and Levitate are the primary ones you will use the most and everything about it from the animation to the utility of it is very satisfying. The guns though not the most versatile helps fill the gap of the ability cool-downs and add a little variety throughout the game. The Ability Tree and Mod Systems also help give you an extra edge during combat, not a whole lot in the case of the Ability Tree but the Mod Systems really enhance the experience.

The Bad
    A lot of optimization and finesse was needed to make this game reach the Legendary status it really deserves. The Ability Tree for starters needed a good bit of tweaking since other than Launch and Shield ability almost everything else is near pointless; Life Bar, Ability Bar, Melee Combat is barely effective even after maximizing and Modding them.
    Couple this with unbalanced and jarring difficulty spikes the game will really drive you on edge, add in a little bit of imbalanced save points to the mix and this game's novelty and refreshing nature drains itself out of you real quick at times.

Even the Mod Systems seems so restricted in comparison to all the Mods you receive during you playthrough for both your guns and abilities. At least 4 or 5 slots each would really do wonders to the experience especially for your Abilities since the guns are rendered ineffective in lot of firefights once you pass the 3 to 4 hour mark.
    You have to really learn quick that Launch ability is your Primary Weapon over the actual Primary/Secondary Weapons that you equip, I spent an ungodly amount of time on the Salvador fight since by that time I had not yet figured out that the game wants you to use Launch more than your guns and not the other way around.

All in all even with it's faults the game is greater than the sum of it's parts and the experience on a whole is quite satisfying. But the game really borders on making it near impossible to overlook all of it's flaws. And hopefully Remedy will take in all the feedback and make a much more Optimized and Balanced experience in the Sure to Be Sequel to CONTROL.
  43. Dec 19, 2019
    Overhypted.
    Mediocre gunplay, sub-par AI/boss design.
    Looks fine, has good RTX support, all in all even in the graphics department its not a game of the year contender. Combine that with the fact that they took the EGS money and still want full price for a fairly repetitive and short game 7/10 might actually be too high. Then again its a single player, no MTX bs, complete game with
    Overhypted.
    Mediocre gunplay, sub-par AI/boss design.

Then again its a single player, no MTX bs, complete game with very few bugs... so.

If you can get it on sale for 30 or 40 bucks its completely worth it.
    Full price, you can get better games for the money. But that's subjective, I guess, when someone is super into the story its probably worth full price as well.
  44. Jun 5, 2021
    If you are into puzzles this game is for you, but not for me. They give you less to nothing explanation on what needs to be done and that turns the game frustrating and boring, it's amazing the amount of people who had to turn to videos on YouTube to solve the puzzles. My job is solving other peoples problems, in short puzzles, and doing the same thing as I would do in my job to have "fun"If you are into puzzles this game is for you, but not for me. They give you less to nothing explanation on what needs to be done and that turns the game frustrating and boring, it's amazing the amount of people who had to turn to videos on YouTube to solve the puzzles. My job is solving other peoples problems, in short puzzles, and doing the same thing as I would do in my job to have "fun" I wouldn't consider it "fun".

The map sucks | got lost so many times that it was a pain trying to find the places and people. The game mechanics are fine and the story seems alright but I had to drop it for Gal Gun Returns.

By the way, Gal Gun is incredibly funny, I do recommend that one.
  45. Jan 7, 2021
    Glad when the game was over. Had/has plenty of promise, but needs many improvements.

Coming recently from Mass Effect Andromeda, that game actually has many similarities to this one. But as much criticism as that game got, this one is definitely worse and more flawed. Camera/FOV has issues, interacting with objects is bad, menus aren't well implemented for PC. The hitboxes aren't

The hitboxes aren't great. And the enemies are pretty dumb. They don't shoot at you much of the time, but then you randomly take a fatal or near-fatal hit from an often unknown enemy/source.

The three issues of menus, object interaction, and hitboxes all seem to be due to the game being designed for consoles, including things like auto aim.

They purposefully added flickering (game effects, and menu flashes white to black), which is just horribly unpleasant. The dynamic lighting transitions are bad. Global Reflections have issues, and are better turned off. The Ray Tracing stuff is super overhyped. It's largely preference yet a huge FPS demand.

Objectives can often be extremely obscure/esoteric. And navigation needs improvement. It's so bad to the point where I just ignored a number of missions because I'm not just going to wander around aimlessly trying to find the objective. And you can't get them while doing other things – you're either locked out from the areas, or the thing doesn't exist till you get the mission, and they're given once you've already cleared the huge area, so you'd essentially have to go look through the whole thing again.

There are way too many item pickups that you constantly have to open your menu and compare stats. Much fewer pickups with greater differences between them would be vastly better.

Not a fan of how they made things that would typically be passive achievements in other games into a mission system. It seems too grindy and ruins immersion.

The other guns you get have some nice ideas/uniqueness but they're fairly useless and rarely better than the default pistol.

The progression seems poor and I would highly recommend using a trainer to progress much faster and start enjoying what the game has to offer much sooner.

Really abrupt ending. There were multiple other missions available, various areas still untraversed, and no particular clue that this mission would end the game. With the DLCs/Ultimate Edition it feels a little more complete.
  46. Sep 9, 2020
    Quite not the what I expected. The great environment design couldn't prevent me from getting bored. It gives a feel like you're in prison moving from a room to another. It may sound ridiculous but sometimes it was tough for me to find the mission!
    Gameplay (skills you are given, combat system, unbelievable destruction mechanism) and story was fine but it didn't really make me involve with it. (Although I had to check some websites to find out what is happening in game, but the complication of story is good.)
    Overally the game kinda disappointed me and was below my expectations.
    At last I gotta say that I don't think I re-install it in the future... :)
    (August-September 2020)
  47. Mar 15, 2021
    Jogo mal otimizado pra pc.
    Objetos no cenario que derrepente ficam todo borrados no jogo, isso é ridiculo, estamos em 2021.
    Esse ray tracing apenas serve pra deixar o jogo mais feio, e isso acontece também no The Medium e Dirt5.
  48. May 18, 2020
    This is a well-made third person shooter game. Not too long, not too short. Just perfect. If you have a spare weekend and you happen to be a Remedy Entertainment fan then this game might be for you.

It's a supernatural thriller that takes place in an eerie building. There is a lot of backtracking and killing hordes of the same enemies over and over again, but the game offers you some decent skill trees as well as supernatural abilities that help you to kill all these bizarre things.

The plot is also decent - if you liked Alan Wake then you should be satisfied. There is not much of a twist here but it's also well-made like the core gameplay elements.

In general, if you happen to stumble upon this game on some kind of sale, just buy it if you like such kind of games. If I recall correctly, the game utilizes the same engine that was used in Quantum Break.
  49. Jan 5, 2021
    Overall - 7/10

+Amazing art direction +Epik light reflections +AHTI Satisfying gameplay but gets boring Character models looked like from a 2006 game except Ahti Really bad voice acting of most characters except Ahti Story is good, if you go through the collectables you pick up while playing, it's explained poorly with cutscenes -Useless weapon mods -Really **** bad map and
    Overall - 7/10

+Amazing art direction
    +Epik light reflections
    +AHTI

Satisfying gameplay but gets boring
    Character models looked like from a 2006 game except Ahti
    Really bad voice acting of most characters except Ahti

-Useless weapon mods
    -Really **** bad map and navigation system
    -(Avg - Boring) tedious puzzles

Enjoyment - 7.5/10
  50. Jun 7, 2021
    Nothing against stories with subjective nuances, but one almost totally like this is that it DEPENDS on you to read files to understand something, I consider it simply BAD (at least the execution point).

The gameplay is the star of the game, very frenetic and delicious. You are a Jedi/God. Most of the 'levels' are reasonable but man, the Ashtray Maze is absurdly good. Some puzzles are good and some are not so good.

Soundtrack taking off by Ashtray Maze is basically non-existent.
  51. Sep 1, 2020
    ‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍
  52. Jul 20, 2020
    Very high quality action game. Unique story and excellent game mechanics. Beautiful graphics! PC with RTX on is just pure candy for your eyes!
  53. Aug 2, 2020
    El juego esta muy bien, puedes romper de todo y matar de todo, graficamente exige mas que da, te pide un pepino de PC para jugarlo y visualmente a mi personalmente no me entusiasma.
  54. Feb 17, 2021
    Really, a tech demo, not a game. Amazing graphics, very pleasant "magic" controls and mechanics, good shooting and no plot.
    Nice shooter for couple nights.
  55. Sep 25, 2020
    this game is great but can be better if it had some beautiful enviorment like grass blue sky and pools chandelier 5 star hotel instead of boring office story is emotional and really good characters were also good and if there were more awesome weapons or gadgets it can be more cool game
  56. Aug 23, 2020
    Control has fantastic fluidity, shooting mechanics, and ray tracing graphical achievement. Looking forward to what 505 games has to offer
  57. Sep 2, 2020
    Good graphics, although the whole game is pretty easy to render and drab office space etc No reason it should be so hard on systems tbh Remedy must have got money from Nvidia.
    Atrocious map that is largely useless when you are talking about 3d levels and finding your way to some hidden places, very easy to get lost in this endless office space. This is a story about black magic used by organizations for control or slavery of mankind. The so called checkpoints if you notice are just black magic circles except technological but tech worship and satanism are two sides of a single coin really. See all sorts of government programs, military, police forces like the FBI, social revolution etc and you will see this sort of black magic performed publicly with tech and its army of jargonists with degrees, in it's deepest you will have real satanism on kabbalistic lines. This just attempts to bamboozle people into thinking, hey it's funny and weird so it must be good, nonsense. Software like this is mind control programming.

Annoying mumbling type of narration and the lead character is sjw to the core, as a christian it's also pretty offensive using the Lords name as a swear word but we live in "modern" wink wink times of the cursed ones dominance, the kabbalists. Get this at a 100% discount. Speaking to that Remedy obviously has writers who are kabbalists and who are into the whole mkultra monarch mind control(which is alan wake's condition btw, probably based on the real stephen king, not his real name btw) that is based on it, among other terrible things.

It's good for a playthrough but gets kinda boring tbh, the two dlcs are nothing different, same stuff just more of it. No replay ability. I thought the Fra Mauro reference was apt, this was mentioned in the "something happened on the way to the moon" by a toothy brit-commie woman who was part of long range agitation in the perestroika deception phase of the other major kabbalistic pillar of communism vs. central banksterism/monopoly megacorps. The synthesis of the two by the evil people of antichrist. She mentions a supposed monk, Fra Mauro, who supposedly sat in a cell and drew a map of the "real" world which seems to be close to what they present us with as an accurate "map" today, subtle messaging indeed. In game this accompanies a lunar lander film set, again subtle indeed lol There is a remedy for remedy games.
  58. Sep 5, 2020
    Grafika je dobra ovo je inovativna video igra ,malo drugacija od ostalih mislim da je 7 sasvim solidna ocena.
  59. Jan 21, 2021
    Combat can be a blast but it's repetitive and gets old at times. Graphics are top notch with all the fancy RTX features and the story is fine but not great imo. The game is a solid 7-8, I went with 7 as I encountered a few technical errors(crashing at certain points over and over) but without the frustrating crashes I might have given it an 8.
  60. May 22, 2021
    LER EMAIL EU LEIO NO TRABALHO
    LER EMAIL EU LEIO NO TRABALHO
    Acabei de terminar o jogo e confesso que sinto um misto bem grande de coisas legais e ruins, eu sou fã do jogo Alan Wake e achei bem memorável na minha opinião, Quantum Break achei bem mediano e Control, é aí que as coisas começam a dificultar, pelo menos para mim. Eu olhei outros reviews e vi pessoas gostando bastante do jogo por coisas que eu totalmente não gostei, a história é legal, quando não te coloca pra ler inúmeros documentos, isso é massante demais na minha opinião, porque acho que uma produtora como a Remedy teria a capacidade de colocar um lore mais completo que não fosse de forma para segurar um botão e continuar lendo o conteúdo e acredite a ambientação do jogo é extremamente boa, com jogos de cores e luzes que fazem a gente realmente elogiar o que esta vendo. O gameplay é onde eu consigo elogiar facilmente o que joguei, tava pensando em dropar o jogo sem finalizar, mas quando destravei todos os poderes da Jesse eu me sentia simplesmente o pica das galáxias, a forma de se jogar é facilmente o que eu mais gostei no jogo. Bem como falei acho muito dificil dizer se Control é ruim ou bom, acho que depende muito do quanto e o que você procura no jogo, mas por ora posso apenas dizer que não me arrependo de ter comprado.
  61. Jan 26, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Control, diğer Aksiyon-Üçüncü Şahıs Nişancı oyunlarına göre oldukça farklı bir oynanış deneyimi sunuyor. Oyunda Jesse adlı karakteri kontrol ediyoruz, oyunun tamamı FBC (Federal Kontrol Bürosu) binasında geçiyor. Oyunun mekan tasarımı oldukça garip ve ilginç, fakat ben sevdim. Yıllar önce doğaüstü bir olay sırasında ailesini kaybeden Jesse bu büroya geliyor ve gelir gelmez ilginç bir şekilde büronun yeni müdürü ilan ediliyor. Bu şekilde oyuna başlıyoruz. Bu sırada büroyu gezdikçe "En Eski Ev" adındaki FBC'nin paranormal karargahını buluyoruz ve "Hiss" ismindeki düşmanlarla karşılaşıyoruz. Oyunun büyük kısmı bürodaki gizemleri keşfedip tuhaflıkları çözmeye çalışmamızla ve düşmanları yok etmemizle geçiyor. Oyunda ilerledikçe çevirmeli telefon ve disket gibi şeyleri kullanarak karakterimize yeni özellikler kazandırabiliyoruz, bu özellikler düşmanlarla savaşırken oldukça işimize yarıyor. Oyun hikaye anlatımı konusunda aşırı zayıf. Oyun çok karışık ve takip etmesi zor bir hikayeye sahip, hikaye anlatımı ve sunumu da başarısız olunca Control hikaye ağırlıklı oyunları seven oyuncular için hayal kırıklığı bir oyun olmuş diyebilirim. Yani güçlü bir hikaye ve hikaye sunumu bekliyorsanız bu oyun kesinlikle size göre değil. Mekan ve bölüm tasarımı önceden de söylediğim gibi biraz garip, oyun ilginç bir atmosfere sahip. Ben oyunun atmosferini ve mekan tasarımını genel olarak başarılı buldum, fakat mekan tasarımı bir süre sonra çok tekrar etmeye başlıyor. Yani mekan tasarımı konusunda oyun pek çeşitli değil, durum böyle olunca oyuncu ister istemez bir süre sonra sıkılıyor. Oynanışa gelirsek, ben oyunun oynanışını çok beğendim. Savaşlar oldukça akıcı ve bir o kadar da keyifli. Özel güçler, yakın dövüş ve silah kullanma gibi farklı farklı seçeneklerimiz olduğu için bu oyunun oynanış konusunda yeterince çeşitlilik sunduğunu söyleyebilirim. Oyunun fizikleri ve vuruş hissiyatı da çok başarılı, çeşitli savaş seçenekleri, güzel vuruş hissiyatı ve iyi fizikler birleşince ortaya çok başarılı oynanışa sahip bir oyun çıkıyor. Oyunda zorluk seviyesinin olmaması büyük bir eksiklik, kimi zaman savaşlar oyuncuyu zorlayabiliyor. Zorluk seviyesi olmadığı için zorluğu düşüremeden zorlandığımız savaşları tekrar tekrar denemek zorunda kalabiliyoruz, bu da tahmin edeceğiniz üzere pek keyifli olmuyor. Kayıt sistemi de çok kötü, oyunda hızlı kayıt yok. Oyun otomatik kayıt sistemi ile ilerlediği için öldüğümüz zaman yeniden başladığımızda öldüğümüz yere gidene kadar koşmak zorunda kalıyoruz ve bu da zaman kaybettiriyor. Kimi zaman öldüğümüzde oyun çok geriden başlatıyor, bu da yine çok zaman kaybettirici ve sıkıcı oluyor, oyunda hızlı kayıt sistemi olmalıydı. Boss savaşı konusunda oyun maalesef başarılı değil, kaliteli sadece 1 tane Boss savaşı var, diğerleri ne yazık ki hiç akılda kalıcı ve keyifli değil. Grafiksel olarak oyunun oldukça başarılı olduğunu söyleyebilirim, kaplamalar, ışıklandırma, gölgeler, yansımalar hepsi çok kaliteli olmuş ve oyun çok güzel görünüyor. Fakat şöyle bir sorun var, oyunu DX12 ile oynama konusunda büyük sıkıntılar yaşadım. Oyunu DX12 ile oynamaya çalıştığım zaman kaplama sorunu ile karşılaştım. DX12 ile oyunu oynamaya çalıştığım zaman çoğu kaplama yüklenmiyor ve çok düşük çözünürlükte kalıyordu, ne yaparsam yapayım kaplama sorununu çözemedim ve oyunu DX11 ile oynamak zorunda kaldım. Büyük bütçeli bir oyun için bu bence büyük bir sorun, bu sorunun çözülememiş olması beni üzdü. Optimizasyon olarak oyunun iyi olduğunu söyleyebilirim, oyunu yüksek ayarlarda 60 FPS değerinde oynayabildim, oyunun grafiklerinin de çok iyi olduğunu göz önünde bulundurursak optimizasyon konusunda da iyi iş çıkartıldığını rahatlıkla belirtebilirim. Control, ağırlıklı olarak hikayeye ve hikaye anlatımına önem veren oyuncular için iyi bir seçim olmasa da kaliteli, çeşitli ve akıcı bir oynanış isteyenler için genel olarak başarılı bir oyun. Expand
  62. Dec 31, 2020
    First off I would like to say that if you are a casual gamer or someone who gets frustrated easily do NOT play this game. 1. The story

I feel as if the story is good in concept but bad in execution. Believe me it is a cool concept fighting a entity that comes out of nowhere that could end the world, but I feel as if the story is just boring and confusing. First you are thrown into the story without any background information. One of the reasons for the confusion is that the game reveals the story through time, which I think is cool but, I feel as if you are doing nothing some of the time and then all the sudden have to fight a boss or go on some extremely long quest to get something done, when so story can be revealed instead through cutscenes or shorter quests instead of long ass tasks that can take sometimes 2-3 hours each. 2 The gameplay It is very cool but can be bogged down by the fact that it is so repetitive. One example of this is the combat. Cool at the start of the game, but extremely boring at the end. I have played through most of the story and I can say that fighting at the end of the game is what can I throw at them that does the most damage. This is the case because at the end the gun you have is complete garbage (the base mode at least) without damage upgrades. It can take up to 4-7 clips to put down one single enemy (even with the Max damage upgrade) which I think is unacceptable. Also the missions are vague as hell. It could tell you to go in one room and then the objective be in a other room. I understand if they wanted to promote exploration of your surroundings but come on I have spent probably three hours just looking for things that could be marked with a beacon or some tracker instead of just telling what room it is in. The quests especially the side quests are one of the most repetitive things in this game. I wouldn’t even recommend to do the side quests unless they give you new abilities, Because they usually give ass rewards for doing something that could take up to an hour. The side quest especially Aties usually involve you going to the opposite side of the map to clean up something or kill enemies. The main quest are ok but I think they could be shorter and split up into smaller quests. Considering that they can take up to hours at a time. In conclusion I think the schemes gameplay is cool and innovative but it’s held back but it’s repetitive gameplay, Bath level design, and the quests feeling like they are too long or useless.

3 The enemies

I think the enemies that you fight are cool but I will say again that it is repetitive as hell. Some of the enemies that you encounter especially at later stages in the game can have insane amounts of health and like I said earlier during the end of the game it feels like you just have to throw things at them to even do any damage considering your gun can be almost useless against them especially if they have a Shield . Also I hate it when randomly enemies will Spawn and when I’m just trying to do a mission and have to kill them instead of just progressing. 4 Map design I want to say that the map design in this game is probably one of the most confusing things I’ve ever encountered in a video game. Like I said earlier it is too confusing to simply go somewhere because it is usually blocked off and you have to find some out of the way area to get even passed. Also I think the quests markers are probably one of those **** things in this game it can tell you that it will be in one room but be in a completely different one. In conclusion the map design tries to make us think outside the box to solve solutions but I think that it hinders the gameplay and instead of doing it any good. 5 Conclusion In conclusion I feel that this game could be one of the greatest games of all time if they fixed the map design, the repetitive gameplay and The overall boringness of the story.
  63. Jun 24, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Woke game with a few interesting mechanics and some lore.
    As a game developer, I'm glad to see that skills weren't as dumbed down as in the most of the games, and they allow some interesting interactions, overall they fill pretty organic and fluid in the battle.
    Shooting feels heavily impaired, even with a few variations of the gun. Mods are simply boring and not powerful enough at any level. I mean, realism is great, but I've rarely seen situations where I'd use anything but sniper mode for long-range targets, everything else dies much faster from the skills.
    Writing is disappointing, to say the least. It's some "young-adult novel" level mixed with fanfic about SCP foundation. Epilogue is really empty.
    Replayability is non-existent, repetitive tasks are getting boring even during main campaign.

Wokeness level is annoying. All positive characters are female, all antagonists(and looks like all enemies at all) are male. Guess who's dying in all side quests? You've guessed right.
    Overall I'm not disappointed about time spent, but I've played it only because it was free on Epic, to see skill mechanics.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 33 Critic Reviews

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Feb 28, 2020
    An audio-visual action banquet that will entertain you with physics and flirting with the supernatural. The story could have been better, the enemy line-up can be quite monotonous towards the end, but the great atmosphere overcomes these shortcomings. And most importantly, the gameplay is great. [Issue#298]
  2. Oct 22, 2019
    Control feels like Remedy firing on all cylinders, resulting in a smart and sensational action-adventure.
  3. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Oct 11, 2019
    Control takes a while to get in gear, but overall it’s one of the most memorable experiences of the year. [Issue#240, p.36]