- Publisher: Crows Crows Crows
- Release Date: Dec 4, 2015
- Summary: A 15 minute heist game by Crows Crows Crows & Directed by William Pugh (The Stanley Parable). Slip into the soft-soled shoes of the mastermind responsible for the greatest heist...
- Developer: Crows Crows Crows
- Genre(s): Adventure, 3D, First-Person
- # of players: No Online Multiplayer
- Cheats: On GameFAQs
- More Details and Credits »
Positive: 3 out of 3
Mixed: 0 out of 3
Negative: 0 out of 3
Dec 15, 2015It’s free, it won’t waste your time, and it’s excellent.
Dec 5, 2015While it does not pretend to be as haughty as its predecessor, or as convoluted, it is strong enough to stand on its own right, do its own thing, and laugh at itself. This game is sure to find itself in the spotlight very fast. There is just too much about this game that is likable for it to remain hidden for long.
CD-ActionMar 4, 2016It’s a tiny masterpiece, a merciless, brilliant mockery targeted at gamers, developers and the whole video games business. [02/2016, p.47]
|This publication does not provide a score for their reviews.|
|This publication has not posted a final review score yet.|
|These unscored reviews do not factor into the Metascore calculation.|
Dec 7, 2015‘Farce’ really is the key word though – any time I suspected it was about to become acidic, it hammered the silliness button as hard as it could. I know I keep mentioning it in the context of The Stanley Parable, so here’s the summary without it: it’s funny, inventive short game about games and getting flustered.
Positive: 9 out of 14
Mixed: 5 out of 14
Negative: 0 out of 14
Dec 14, 2015This game is a little quaint and fun interactive experience based on the premise of what is seen and unseen, where the actual game parodiesThis game is a little quaint and fun interactive experience based on the premise of what is seen and unseen, where the actual game parodies itself by being inexistent.… Expand
Sep 10, 2016From the creator of The Stanley Parable comes Dr. Langeskov, the Tiger, and the Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist.
ExplainingFrom the creator of The Stanley Parable comes Dr. Langeskov, the Tiger, and the Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist.
Explaining pretty much anything about what this game’s actual contents are constitutes a spoiler, and ruins a… truly marvelous joke. Actually, several. So let’s just say this:
1) This is a walking simulator.
2) This game is free.
3) This game is very, very funny.
4) This game is quite short – there aren’t even ten areas in the entire game, and you can easily clear it in an hour – and that’s if you go and poke at everything. It is even shorter if you don’t try and poke at everything – but why wouldn’t you? That’s half the fun!
5) Because the game is so short, there’s no way to save your progress – but it doesn’t really matter.
6) There is a harried voiceover throughout the game, somewhat stylistically similar humor-wise to The Stanley Parable, but attacking things from a rather different angle.
7) There are not very many “real choices” in this game – it is not like The Stanley Parable, you can’t make the game follow a completely different route. At best, you’re going to alter a few lines of dialogue.
8) The game does contain a bug which makes it impossible to get the six achievements if you alt-tab out of the game.
9) There are steam trading cards associated with this game which are impossible to get because the game is free, which is possibly just another bit of trolling by the creator.
This is much better than The Beginner’s Guide, and is very unpretentious in the unpretentious pretentious way of The Stanley Parable.
If you liked The Stanley Parable, you’ll likely enjoy this game.
If you didn’t like The Stanley Parable, you’ll likely not like this game.
And seeing as it is free, if you did like The Stanley Parable, there’s no reason NOT to play this game.
And if you haven’t played The Stanley Parable, well, play this game (and The Stanley Parable demo). Both are free and give you an idea of the sort of humor you’d expect out of The Stanley Parable.… Expand
Dec 7, 2015Tough not as long and diverse as The Stanley Parable, Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist is in factTough not as long and diverse as The Stanley Parable, Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist is in fact one of the best games of the new wave of indie narration-guided, games. It stands as one of the best free-to-play singleplayer games ever released for PC and it is worth checking out for sure. If you enjoyed Jazzpunk, The Stanley Parable or Dear Esther, you will definitely love this masterpiece.… Expand
Oct 14, 2016This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A satisfying, fun, short meta-game experience. Especially intriguing is the part where you get to pull off the long awaited heist. Try out and see for yourself; you'll encounter a bunch of surprising turns. :D… Expand
Oct 5, 2017It's a pretty short game, but the narrator is excellent and the dialogue is super well written. I was really impressed at how much I enjoyedIt's a pretty short game, but the narrator is excellent and the dialogue is super well written. I was really impressed at how much I enjoyed the game despite how short the experience was.… Expand
Jul 19, 2017From the co writer of the excellent Stanley Parable comes Dr. Langeskov etc. I was quite looking forward to this game, because the writing inFrom the co writer of the excellent Stanley Parable comes Dr. Langeskov etc. I was quite looking forward to this game, because the writing in The Stanley Parable was very clever, and i was hoping for the same kind of talent to show up in this game. It didn't unfortunately. And this is not to say that Dr. Langeskov is a bad game. it's not. The graphics are very pretty and impressive, the voice acting is very emotive, and the sound design is solid too, even though there is not much of it. It's just that this game doesn't do very much to draw you in or invest you. You hear a dude talking, you walk around, click a few buttons, and then the credits roll. Nothing about it is interesting or compelling. My advice is, if you were a fan of The Stanley Parable, play The Beginner's Guide, not this.… Expand
Nov 17, 2020Aşırı gereksiz ve sıkıcı bir oyun. Aynı yerde mal mal dolanıp durmak eğlenceli değil.