- Publisher: Phoenix Online Publishing
- Release Date: Jul 18, 2013
- Summary: Black Thursday. That is how the press rechristened that October 24th, 1929, a day in which U.S. began to face the darkest years of his history: the Great Depression years. All the great values professed by this nation vanished within a couple of months, the American dream was dead and trustBlack Thursday. That is how the press rechristened that October 24th, 1929, a day in which U.S. began to face the darkest years of his history: the Great Depression years. All the great values professed by this nation vanished within a couple of months, the American dream was dead and trust in God begun to shake. Few years had been enough for people to show their real side: false, mean and, above all, open to bribery. But the one thing I would have never imagined is how far corruption had gone; so far that somebody would actually try to bribe God. And now here I am, a gun barrel pointed at me, a corpse on my conscience, and a young lady to protect. How could this ever happen? How is it possible that everything has stemmed from a series of coincidences? Do you believe in Destiny? ...I don`t. [Mad Orange]… Expand
- Developer: Mad Orange
- Genre(s): Adventure, General, General, Point-and-Click
- # of players: No Online Multiplayer
- Cheats: On GameFAQs
- More Details and Credits »
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Face Noir - Teaser Trailer
Positive: 1 out of 14
Mixed: 11 out of 14
Negative: 2 out of 14
Jul 30, 2013Face Noir is a game I can easily recommend. It executes well on every level (save the voice acting), and offers great puzzles, enjoyable characters, fabulous art design, and a fun (if pulpy) noir plotline. If you're interested in the Depression-era setting and enjoy a solid point-and-click adventure, you should absolutely check this one out.
Jul 19, 2013Face Noir is a genuinely entertaining adventure for fans of private eye mysteries, and a solid debut for a promising developer, even if it’s only half of a story.
CD-ActionAug 28, 2013Neither weak voice acting nor outdated visuals managed to ruin this skilful homage to Chandler. [CD-Action 10/2013, p.59]
Aug 19, 2013And so, overall, Face Noir isn’t a game I’d recommend. I don’t really like dumping on the debut effort of a new developer, but there just aren’t many positives to work with here.
Jan 7, 2013Face Noir is an adventure game developed by Mad Orange, an Italian independent team. The main character is Jack Maria Del Nero, a detective with the vice of alcoholism who lives in a small and dusty apartment. The America told by Mad Orange is in full commercial crisis and for Del Nero there's a new job from which will begin a new adventure, in jazz rhythm and noir tint.
Oct 24, 2013A boring point-and-click adventure game offering some good ideas. Unfortunately, they are buried under a big pile of junk, unimpressive voice-acting, uninteresting intermezzos, and low production value. This is why a gamer will fall asleep instead of having fun.
Jul 17, 2013Face Noir tries its best to be a compelling Raymond Chandler-esque film noir detective adventure and falls flat on its noirish face. The story is boring, characters are either bland or straight-up racist, acting is mediocre, writing is worse, cutscenes are mostly static photos, and the puzzles are a string of “find the important thing the designers have hidden” moments rather than any genuine brain-teasers.
Positive: 3 out of 6
Mixed: 1 out of 6
Negative: 2 out of 6
Jun 4, 2014I rarely play games with such smart gameplay and atmosphere. It require common sense, which is something rare these days on video games ^^;I rarely play games with such smart gameplay and atmosphere. It require common sense, which is something rare these days on video games ^^;
Almost everything makes sense on this game, and the gameplay is smart enough to prevent the player to simply randomly click everywhere to unlock events without knowing what hes doing.
The characters are also nice and well made.
One of the problem/weakness I noticed was the streets and others locations were a bit too clean and lacking some population. Would have been nice to meet some random people on the streets. People asking you for a smoke, lose womens, poor souls sleeping on the street, angry people on phones, cats walking, ect... But no big deal. I read there was only 2 devs, and the amount of work they provided is just insane.… Expand
Mar 7, 2019I thought this game was good because i wanted part two and completed it all thats how i cant tell if i like a game and if i'm thinking aboutI thought this game was good because i wanted part two and completed it all thats how i cant tell if i like a game and if i'm thinking about it after its finished.The graphics were good, as was the story line,the little Asian man added to the story with him using his Asian American accent (unless people feel it was racist !! wow get life will ya.) i think with a lot of gaming theres a lot of cheating going on for small productions compared to these massive ones that have all the money behind them , for this reason alone mad orange did GREAT,,i think critics deliberately lower scores in order to make others better, all in all it boils down to peoples personal preference ,if you don't like point and click games you aren't going to give a high score to begin with, so why not just try another game you would like instead of rubbishing others.There is no way its a 6..… Expand
Aug 4, 2013A good homage with a few typos.
Face Noir did a very good job of giving me the noir-style storyline I was hoping for complete with twistsA good homage with a few typos.
Face Noir did a very good job of giving me the noir-style storyline I was hoping for complete with twists and turns, but was not a total success do to the introduction of certain supernatural elements that felt a bit contrived. Overall, the game was interesting with puzzles that tested my skills and characters that (while numerous) I cared about deeply.
Pros include a cool mechanic where you connect facts to formulate new questions, a dark storyline with a bit of humor mixed in, and a great soundtrack with some nice instrumental jazz to set the mood.
Cons include Italian-to-English conversion problems, issues with historical accuracy, and a horrific options menu including no possible way to change aspect ratio.
If you're into film noir, then you'll like Face Noir provided you're not a stickler for historical accuracy and you're willing to forget a little supernatural deus ex machina. It did well and considering that it's their first game, it did better than I expect.
As always, full video review on my YouTube channel.… Expand
Oct 5, 2013Many years ago, this game may have been a bit more appealing. Voice acting and artwork are reasonable. The story is "not bad" like a middayMany years ago, this game may have been a bit more appealing. Voice acting and artwork are reasonable. The story is "not bad" like a midday movie that you don't bother turning off because it's not offensive. It offers an interesting "join the dots/clues" mechanic, but other than that, it's not what I'd call progress in Adventure Gaming.… Expand
May 20, 2021Fashion victim, like many others in its decade, this point n' click adventure sees itself as a movie: For every click, you have to listen toFashion victim, like many others in its decade, this point n' click adventure sees itself as a movie: For every click, you have to listen to hours upon hours of monologues and dialogues. Which means... it thinks it's a movie but behaves like an audio-book. STFU game!
And the straw that broke the camel toe, so to speak: The game proudly removes the hot spots key over a newspaper and calls me pal while doing stupidly so. Nobody calls me pal.… Expand
Jul 23, 2022Клёвый сеттинг и всё такое, но блин, в игре очень много бесячих моментов:
1) Все интерактивные места на локациях очень маленькие, камераКлёвый сеттинг и всё такое, но блин, в игре очень много бесячих моментов:
1) Все интерактивные места на локациях очень маленькие, камера почти везде стоит далеко, из-за чего очень трудно навестись мышкой на нужное место и даже разглядеть то, на что ты нажимаешь.
2) Постоянные поездки туда и обратно. Когда тебе приходиться это делать в сотый раз за игру - это начинает невероятно раздражать.
3) Нагромождённость сюжета. В принципе, сюжет не плохой, но по ходу игры появляются новые персонажи, локации, тайные организации, параллельные сюжеты и под конец ты уже плохо понимаешь, что происходит.
4) Концовка. Дальше СПОЙЛЕР. Я просто обожаю, когда игры заканчиваются открытым концом с заявкой на продолжение. Здесь даже показывают логотип второй части. Но ещё больше я люблю, когда вторая часть не выходит и первая полностью теряет всякий смысл. Это я ещё полюбил со времён Sin Episodes.
У игры был потенциал, но из-за всех минусов, в большей степени из-за концовки, выше 4/10 я поставить не могу.… Expand
- (29 views)