7.8

1. Apr 15, 2020
    Good strategy game but it can get quite boring and repetitive, sometimes the game can put you thorough impossible situations.
  2. Mar 13, 2018
    I dunno, maybe I'm the only one, but after initially being challenging, the game gets kinda boring and repetitive. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it, and you're just going to roll every round. I got tired of doing the same islands, same final fight, repeat. It's fun, not super replayable.
  3. Apr 10, 2018
    Fun little strategy game but the user reviews going full on fanboy with the 10/10's and the critic review score of a 90 is WAY overblown and just goes to show how ridiculously disingenuous the gaming industry is. It's a fun game, but it's not anything super special. Barely any story, which doesn't really matter because gameplay can make up for that and the gameplay is there, but afterFun little strategy game but the user reviews going full on fanboy with the 10/10's and the critic review score of a 90 is WAY overblown and just goes to show how ridiculously disingenuous the gaming industry is. It's a fun game, but it's not anything super special. Barely any story, which doesn't really matter because gameplay can make up for that and the gameplay is there, but after playing through a few maps you've basically already experienced everything the game has to offer in terms of gameplay. Sure, there are different types of units that you can eventually buy and play with, but the core gameplay loop is always the same. Good as a little time-killer but 10/10 territory this is NOT. Expand
  4. Mar 2, 2018
    I don't get people who say that the game is short, easy, lacking in content, etc.
    I've played for 13h by now and have only finished the game once on Normal (4 islands), once on Easy (3 islands) and am half-way through Hard (2 islands). I've only unlocked a small fraction of the game (there is a whole bunch of different mechs and pilots to unlock - I guess that other reviewer "Rrichard" missed the menu where you can do that...) and playing Hard for the first time, I already had a moment where the grid was down to 1 point (at 0, it's Game Over...) and am not at all sure that I will be able to finish it.

But even if I will be - it certainly was challenging and I can't wait to try out other mechs and complete all sorts of achievements (which are needed to unlock more stuff ingame). There's also a fairly large amount of variety in the missions you're presented with. Sure, after the 5th playthrough or so, you will probably have tried them all but... that's nothing to sneeze at in my opinion.

And the more you play it on Hard, the more you realize how incredibly fine-tuned the AI is. I'm not sure whether they always attack in the ideal manner because often times when I thought about my next move for like 5 minutes and at first not seeing how I can pull it off without failing an objective or sacrificing grid power, I thought of a sequence of moves that would resolve those issues. It seems like probably no other combination would have resolved this better and makes me wonder whether NPCs intentionally attack in a way that there is usually a solution that requires very little sacrifice (if any at all). I don't know but I do know that it's a great feeling every time, just like solving a really tough puzzle.
  5. Jan 24, 2019
    I totally agree with skdursh and stherkelsen. The game has good graphics, music and some interesting gameplay mechanics, although gameplay looks and feels well at first, after 2-3 hours you understand there is nothing new and interesting left that game can give you.

The main issue with this game is the lack of content and interesting mechanics to make replayability worthwhile, i.e. if you play 1 island (about 5-6 missions, which will take about 1-2 hours) you already see the most part of the game. Other islands have different enemies and you can upgrade your mechs after some time, but core mechanics stay the same and aforementioned facts don't add freshness to the game.

Don't get me wrong it is still a good turn-based strategy game, but for me, it is not deep enough with a low variety of scenarios to call it a really great and deep game. Maybe I missed something, but for me, FTL was much deeper and more interesting.

P.S: It's a pity that there is no PvP mode (even local) to play with friends (mechs vs insects OR mech vs mechs).
  6. Apr 11, 2018
    Where do I begin? This game is a tactical turn-based strategy game similar to Fire Emblem or Advance Wars, but plays out more like a puzzle game. The unique factor of this game is that you can see what enemies will do beforehand.

Permadeath is introduced into this game, with the only benefit being that you can reclaim a hero for use in the next "timeline" once you lose the last one. The game is designed so that you cannot be hasty with your decisions. Logical thinking and patience is actually required or else you will lose.

This game is actually quite short. Your first winning playthrough should occur around 10 hours in if you are prudent. The game is by no means easy, but it gradually reduces in difficulty the more you understand how everything works. It doesn't take long to catch on and learn all the tricks necessary to win. Proper execution is still important though.

Replayability does exist, but it is hit or miss. Although this game is rougelike, it is only pseudo-random since every region sticks to a particular theme. The only reason why you'd play again is if you're curious about the other sets of mechs available. (Or maybe you're just an achievement hunter.)

Overall, the game is good, but don't be misled into thinking it's GOTY material. The game is addicting though, I'll give it that much. I'm giving this game an 8/10 for the enjoyable 10 hour experience, for what it was worth.
  7. Mar 2, 2018
    I was a huge fan of FTL, but this game is a disappointment. Unlike FTL, which was fun to play from the beginning, even though I had no idea what I was doing, this game is merely overwhelming and difficult. It also has the gratuitous complexity which made FTL: Advanced Edition a dud compared to the original game.

Calling this a strategy game is an exaggeration. It's closer to a puzzle

Calling this a strategy game is an exaggeration. It's closer to a puzzle game.

I've learned the lesson never to buy a game on the first day, no matter how much I liked the developers' previous game and no matter how good the reviews are.
  8. Jul 27, 2018
    not a bad game a lot like advance wars but no way near as good overall... will probably play this until wargroove comes out, to satisfy any turn based strategy gaming itches i get... wargroove is absolute top of the list for awesome looking turn based strategy games though, its a straight AW clone with level creator and online multiplayer etc...
  9. Mar 7, 2018
    This is one of, if not the best game I've played in quite some time. Modern games have a lot of features, mechanics, huge open worlds, giant skill trees, etc. but this doesn't necessarily make a fun game. This game is fun--and a lot of it. The two major elements this game has that I simply don't see as much as I'd like to is an excellent balance of it's entire content, and a brilliantThis is one of, if not the best game I've played in quite some time. Modern games have a lot of features, mechanics, huge open worlds, giant skill trees, etc. but this doesn't necessarily make a fun game. This game is fun--and a lot of it. The two major elements this game has that I simply don't see as much as I'd like to is an excellent balance of it's entire content, and a brilliant flow. If you enjoy puzzles, strategy games, sci-fi, or unique titles you will love Into the Breach. I feel like into the Breach does away with every tedious aspect of a strategy game and replaces it with meaningful, interlocking mechanics that unfold into a sophisticated, satisfying experience. Expand
  10. Feb 27, 2020
    Too simplistic, not as engaging as FTL, just a bit boring not complex enough, there are better puzzle games around there if you like that aspect
  11. Mar 1, 2018
    The boss fight at the end of FTL was always too difficult for me to beat. At least the game had multiple cool ships, interesting mini quest choices, and cool upgrades.

Into the Breach doesn't really have any of that. It's like a strategy game where you are stuck with the same 3 units and replay the same tiny maps over and over again. This game would have been better off with a far

This game would have been better off with a far grander scope, sacrificing a bit of replayability if necessary.

Definitely overhyped.
  12. Mar 2, 2018
    This is an extremely elegant, tightly designed strategy game with innovative dynamics. Attacking in this game is about utilizing your extremely limited actions to gain maximum benefits. You are also often unable to avoid negative outcomes, even when you are playing perfectly. The genius of the system is the way the enemies don't simply attack, they instead propose threats to variousThis is an extremely elegant, tightly designed strategy game with innovative dynamics. Attacking in this game is about utilizing your extremely limited actions to gain maximum benefits. You are also often unable to avoid negative outcomes, even when you are playing perfectly. The genius of the system is the way the enemies don't simply attack, they instead propose threats to various items on the map where they will attack NEXT TURN. The objective is to negate the enemy's attack, or use their own attacks against them. Because the enemy has more resources than you do, you are challenged with a new puzzle every turn that isn't completely solvable to your advantage. So the game is also about choosing the least horrifying outcome. All of the upgrades feel powerful and interesting. The game is amazing, yet not for those who don't believe in themselves. Expand
  13. Mar 26, 2018
    I was excited to try FTL after loving Into the Breach and was surprised to learn how much better ITB is. Way more logical and quick to pick up than FTL. More fun too. After a couple hours of FTL, I have no desire to play it anymore.
  14. May 6, 2018
    I actually found the game to be pretty hard especially since there was Permadeath built in this game. Even with difficulty, one can still find the thrill of a challenge to be highly engaging with a game like this. Unfortunately, that was not the case for this strategy-combat puzzle game. Art style was great and felt like playing and old style arcade game. However, this game just isn'tI actually found the game to be pretty hard especially since there was Permadeath built in this game. Even with difficulty, one can still find the thrill of a challenge to be highly engaging with a game like this. Unfortunately, that was not the case for this strategy-combat puzzle game. Art style was great and felt like playing and old style arcade game. However, this game just isn't worth the high ratings it's receiving now. With its lack of true engaging game play, it feels like yet another clone of other combat-puzzle games that we see so much of today. Good Luck and Farewell Time Breacher!! Expand
  15. Mar 1, 2018
    Subset has created another good game.
    Everything I see about this game is in a comparison to FTL. People shouldn't be comparing the two core games to each other. Subset took things from FTL and put them in this game but they play very differently.
    Subset has created another good game.
    What you do in this game, simply put is you pick a class with mechs, you have these mechs fight enemy's through islands, you can visit as many as four islands and as little as two, you fight enemys on the fifth island to beat the game.

Lets start with the good.
    This game has good replay. Achievements are needed in this game like FTL to unlock other classes. Which keeps you playing and thinking.
    This is a chess style game. It is turn based and to me makes it fun and re-playable.
    Classes play very differently from one another.
    Use of the map and environment makes you think a different way.
    Price point, is it worth normal price at 15 $? In my opinion, yes. But, if this game was 30$ or more I would say no.

The Negatives.
    The Ending kind of stinks. It feels very unsatisfactory to win a run.
    Some missions can feel very repetitive. Especially if you know how to "work" them.

Things I would like to see in the future with this game.
    I hope subset do something like FTL Advance Addition with Into the Breach. While to current state of the game is great I hope they add more classes and add maybe more guns and islands.
    Make a moble version. This would be a much better mobile game than FTL was. FTL was fun on mobile but much better on a computer. This game would be amazing on a mobile platform.

TLDR:
    Subset made another good game that is re playable. Good Price point, unsatisfactory ending to runs. Very different from FTL and I am glad it is. Great potential, hope to see more from Subset in the future.
  16. Feb 25, 2019
    An amazing game that came out of nowhere for me, great replay value and a nice 80s or 90s vibe!
  17. Mar 21, 2019
    As a casual game it's near perfect. Pick up, put down, come back to. It's replaced Solitaire as my 'while my code is compiling' distraction.

As a turn-based game it's never stressful or frustrating, but this doesn't necessarily mean it is easy. Great replay value too.
  18. Apr 26, 2020
    It's good if you've never played any turn based strategy game in your life.
  19. Apr 22, 2018
    Subset Games has managed to create a heavily distilled and miniaturized strategy game that takes the best of planning many moves ahead but with the added twist that should you fail, you get to pick a character to take back in time with you to re-attempt the overall mission goal. It's a clever way to make the game easier should you push too hard too quickly. The randomness from FTL is goneSubset Games has managed to create a heavily distilled and miniaturized strategy game that takes the best of planning many moves ahead but with the added twist that should you fail, you get to pick a character to take back in time with you to re-attempt the overall mission goal. It's a clever way to make the game easier should you push too hard too quickly. The randomness from FTL is gone to some degree making it quite possible for you to go far should you plan you moves ahead of time. The premise is simple: save the earth. The execution via the graphics and UI is extremely clean and well done. Some people will complain the game is short and variety is low but the combinations thanks to the different squads are fun and very challenging. You can keep going back in time to save each timeline endlessly and it works with the plot! Expand
  20. Mar 3, 2018
    It's weird to describe a game as both simple and complex at the same time, yet there's no better way to talk about this. Of course, saying it's easy may be a bit deceptive, as you will be dying over and over while playing. It doesn't take much to jump into - learning the controls and how to play won't take much time at all - but mastering the best order to attack and how to best upgradeIt's weird to describe a game as both simple and complex at the same time, yet there's no better way to talk about this. Of course, saying it's easy may be a bit deceptive, as you will be dying over and over while playing. It doesn't take much to jump into - learning the controls and how to play won't take much time at all - but mastering the best order to attack and how to best upgrade your team will take much longer than you probably anticipate.

Starting out you'll be given control over three mechs. These will include a melee mech with knockback, a tank type mech with knockback, and a long range artillery tank with surrounding knockback. It's a pretty standard lineup, and one that anyone not overly familiar with the genre can easily become acquainted with. As you progress you'll have the opportunity of unlocking other sets of mechs, each of which have their own theme. By this I mean you may have a class of mechs that specialize in certain characteristics, such as ice. Some of the weapons you'll find on these mechs can be picked up throughout your campaigns, but these are random whereas the beginning loadout of the unlocked mechs would have them from the beginning.

The variation in mechs adds a deeper layer of strategy, as you will have a lot of new weapon choices that bring status effects that may not only affect the enemy, but you as well. While you'll be learning all about making sacrificial choices well before using these weapons, be it taking damage to avoid an enemy spawning from underground or getting in the way of an attack that would hit a building, it's not until you start using attacks that hit you as well that each decision will start to make or break you.

If you've played FTL, you'll see a lot of similarities in the gameplay loop for Into the Breach. There are four islands for you to explore, and once you've unlocked them all you'll be able to attack them in whichever order you choose - depending on your mech load-out, the preferred islands will change. Each island contains different territories that you can choose to play through, and when you win one, you'll unlock the adjacent areas. Each territory has a different goal such as protecting assets or destroying a certain number of Vek. Complete these and you'll boost your rewards. You only get to complete a finite amount per island though, so your territory choices are important. Keeping in mind what each island has, both in terms of environmental obstacles as well as enemies; you may decide which challenges seem most doable with your load-out.

Each level essentially has two types of way to lose - have all your pilots die, or lose enough of the power grid from the surrounding area. If your pilots die, it's game over for you. If the power goes out, the Vek begin to take over and you go into the breach, which puts you back in time from where you just were. However, when doing this only one pilot can go back, so you're given the option of choosing who you want to go back as. This is important as each pilot has their own skills that may buff your mech abilities in a way that make you seem unstoppable. You will be able to gain new pilots as rewards, in addition to more weapons and energy cores. Similar to FTL, you'll need to power your mechs with these cores and then allocate that energy to what you deem fit, such as increased damage for a weapon, health, or movement.
    There's not a whole lot to dislike about Into the Breach. Admittedly, it didn't grab me in the same way that FTL did. I'm not sure if it's because I knew what to expect based on the trailer, or if it was perhaps too similar to their previous game that it didn't stand out, but that's like saying Leonardo da Vinci isn't as good as Michelangelo. Ben Prunty once again scored the game and it turned out stellar. Not only does the soundtrack amplify the experience, but it kept me going while working my day job. Perhaps the weakest part of the game is the story, as the game focuses much more on gameplay. Easy mode will offer enough challenge for those that aren't adept at tactical games, while the more difficult options will have masochists praising it. Despite the game being turn-based, I found myself regretting my wife distracting me during the enemies' turn in the final mission, as there is so much going on that you really need to see each move that is made to avoid being trounced immediately.

Into the Breach does so much for the tactical role-playing genre that I can't help but think this will influence future games in the same vein. AAA games have a lot to learn from this, as it focuses on the gameplay for a quality experience. If you enjoyed FTL, Final Fantasy Tactics, Front Mission, or any other tactical games, you owe it to yourself to give this a go. Top notch strategy coupled with an addicting gameplay loop and stellar soundtrack makes for one of the best strategy games you'll play this year.
  21. Sep 22, 2018
    There are much better games than this, doesn't even deserve to be in top 1000. I don't judge, but I can't see myself playing this kind of games in 2018.
  22. Mar 27, 2018
    This is a cute Tactic game full of hours of fun. Subset games live up to being the best in the Rogue Style genre. FTL was an amazing Indy game and this game deserves a good play though. Recommend to those fellow PC gamers who love to think while keeping it simple.
  23. May 15, 2018
    The game is like a chess game with so many interesting elements that requires perfect strategy in every situation
    All is perfect . Graphic is okay i think and Music is enjoyable during levels and reminds of a pacific rim atmosphere
    I give this game a perfect score 10
  24. Sep 9, 2018
    What is the genre and subgenre of the game?

Into the Breach is a turn-based strategy game. What did I think of the story? The story is simple, you make your way through a series of Islands fighting giant bug-like creatures called Vek. Your goal is to survive the attacks but at the same time level up mechs but also the pilots flying the mechs. Ideally what you want is to make it
    What is the genre and subgenre of the game?

Into the Breach is a turn-based strategy game.

What did I think of the story?

The story is simple, you make your way through a series of Islands fighting giant bug-like creatures called Vek. Your goal is to survive the attacks but at the same time level up mechs but also the pilots flying the mechs. Ideally what you want is to make it through each Island and then reach the final Island where you defeat the mech.

Favorite Character?

The game has 27 different Mechs that you can unlock by replaying the game. The mechs come in sets of 3 so there are 9 different mech sets. After about 10 hours, I unlocked 5 different sets. Unfortunately, I don't like any of the Mechs that I've unlocked and preferred the original 3.

Are there puzzles and How are they?

Each level is essentially a puzzle. The enemies (the Vek) their goal is not to attack your Mechs but rather the buildings because that's how the Vek actually defeat you. So sometimes your goal isn't to do as much damage to the Vek as you can but rather moving the Vek out of the way so it can't damage a building. The game requires you to rethink the way you normally approach turn-based strategy games.

How is the sound design and music?

I didn't pay attention to the in-game music too much. I just listened to my own music.

How are the missions/levels designed?

Every level is set up on an 8x8 grid. The enemies take up one space and so do your Mechs. Every grid will also include some buildings for the Vek to attack but then there is some uniqueness depending on each level and which Island you're on. Some levels are more mountainous, some have an ocean, some are in the desert and have earthquakes. There's is a good amount of variety within each level.

Recap: The Good

Makes you rethink classic turn-based strategy game.

Recap: The Bad

The unlockable mechs are not for me.

Recap: The Okay

The Story.
  25. Feb 28, 2018
    Into the Breach is a good example of a game that fosters creativity out of its limitations, one mainly being the 8x8 grid. The game may look simple at the surface, but it gets deep pretty quick, especially once you start grabbing modifications to add to your mechs.

Additionally, although the game may look like just another pixelated indie title, I found the graphics to be quite pleasing to the eye, and the soundtrack is stellar.

If you like turn-based strategy games with a mix of rogue-like elements and fighting kaiju in badass mechs, then this game should be right up your alley!
  26. Oct 31, 2018
    Not having fun at all... This game has no learning curve, it’s sky high hard from the get go. It does not ease you in at all... On your first day at karate school, you fight your sensei full contact with your hands tied behind your back and a pie in your face. That is easier.
  27. Apr 10, 2018
    Excellent game. Always challenging, often overwhelming, but almost never impossible.

A true strategy game that gives you time to think through each turn to optimize all moves, allows some mistakes (the single turn reset per level is a great relief from frustration) leaving all remaining ones to be fairly unforgiven. Although attacks cannot be undone, all moves are free to rewind in time, so that one can freely test scenarios and think properly (and believe me, you will need it). All enemies intentions are known and can be used at your own advantage, and there are no such things as lucky critical hits or damage ranges, removing therefore an enormous chunk of unnecessary randomness. Perfect game design.

Although the game can be finished in a human amount of time and attempts (unlike FTL) the value of replaying and the complete strategic rearrangement required by the many tech squad really gives an enormous replay value, which tends to extinguish only after finishing the game many many times.
  28. Feb 28, 2018
    Best Game Ever. Just buy it and play it ASAP, you won't regret it. Hope that's enough.
  29. May 14, 2019
    Chess like, tactical, simple to pick up yet hard to master, minimalist... ...sounds great to me.
    However, after having "played" for about 10 hours, I still can't see how I can tactically place my 3 techs in a limited starting space so that I can plan my moves ahead in a Kapersky like manner.
    Oh ! I forgot to mention that, at the start of the game, your enemies are already in position - you even get to see the order in which they are going to play. Piece of cake.
    The only problem is, is that they start first. They shoot off in randomly different directions - good grief, I hadn't tactically planned that ! In the end, my strategy boils down to more or less trying to guess (in a chess-like manner, of course) where they are going to move. Ah yes, this is where the minimalist element of the game kicks in. Minimal fun. Maybe it's because I don't have a bent for this type of game, which means that I can't appreciate it to it's full potentiial *sigh* I guess that I'll have to go back to less demanding games. Wait for me Crusader Kings II, I'm coming back...
  30. Mar 21, 2018
    I have spent 60 hours in-game already. The game mechanics are very rewarding - relatively simple to start with and 'brute force' your wins, to more elaborate positional plays. It's a game like chess - the basic rules are simple, but so many elaborate ways to outmanoeuvre your opponent.
    The setting is superbly done - you are quite literally the saviour of humanity against the horrible Vek insects.
    You can stop and save the game anytime (but you won't), the music is great.
    There's lots of attention to detail - from mech design to crowed cheering and sci-fi and cultural references.
    There's only 10/10 I can give to this game, a true gem that I can recommend to almost anyone.
  31. Sep 4, 2018
    Haiku Review: Challenges abound / Fun until you beat it all / Still don't like rogue-likes
    Favorite Thing: The strategy component is simple with only 3 units to control but very engaging!
    Least Favorite Thing: Runs are extremely short and the only thing driving one to replay is unlockables. Date Completed: 2018-09-01 Playtime: 8h Enjoyment: 7/10 Recommendation: Yes, but it's not a

Date Completed: 2018-09-01
    Playtime: 8h
    Enjoyment: 7/10
    Recommendation: Yes, but it's not a strong yes. It's just not my type of game and after one completion my interest has gone downhill.
  32. Feb 17, 2019
    An interesting puzzle game which poses to be a TBS and has a heavy mobile feel to it. Every level is a battle of just 5 turns where you use 3 mechs to fight waves of incoming aliens. Protecting buildings on the map is more important than keeping mechs alive.

The good: - combat is interesting and challenging. The mechanics of pushing enemies away with shots and making them collide with

The good:
    - combat is interesting and challenging. The mechanics of pushing enemies away with shots and making them collide with each other or slide into water or acid creates a multitude of surprising ways a singe turn can go
    - every level throws in additional mechanics which enrich the basic formula in interesting ways (though all these tiny special rules do feel overwhelming at times)
    - well-designed GUI
    - battlefields are randomly generated, so at each replay you have a different setup. This lets the no-reload policy work nicely because at each new attempt you will have completely different battles. It doesn't even feel like much of a setback when you restart the game all over - rather it feels more like a replay or a continuation of the missions sequence
    - good music

The so-so:
    - new enemies appear every turn at random places, and you don't know which enemies these will be. Moreover, these enemies get a free turn! This means that basically every turn you get a radically different position than just in the turn before that. E.g. the newly appeared enemies may put an immobilizing web on 1 or 2 of your units. I think the authors borrowed this idea from 2011 XCOM, and I find this mechanic pretty annoying. It doesn't let you think past just 1 turn. Also, it removes the strategic feel and turns this game into a puzzle. Namely, it's not even battles, it's just a different puzzle at every turn. And since it's so random, often the puzzle simply doesn't have a solution, and you lose the game
    - pixel-art graphics style is pretty nice for my taste but I imagine it would put off many modern players

The bad:
    - short battles, equalizing randomness of new enemies (together with extra turns they get) and tiny battlefields give all this a mobile feel. It's as if the authors were afraid to make me play a single level for more than 10 minutes because I need to get out at the next stop of the subway train. This feel is also increased by the small number of battles (about 25 mission to beat in total, and you're done). Thankfully they don't offer in-app purchases! But it's as if an extra energy point or an upgrade is always lurking behind the corner, ready to offer itself for $0.99 - I guess this game was initially designed with mobile and f2p in mind, one feels that.

This would be a 10/10 for mobile, but for PC it's more like 8/10. It's still an enjoyable game but I really personally dislike the randomness of new enemies and their extra turn which severely limit planning and annihilate strategy, reducing the whole experience to a puzzle.
  33. Jul 6, 2019
    amazing game, just like ftl. easy to understand, really hard to master. this game is worth your time if you love strategy games.
  34. Feb 5, 2019
    Accessible yet at the same time quite challenging, Into the Breach's addictive simple gameplay is enhanced by some lovely visual and plenty of unlockable fun.
  35. Feb 27, 2018
    Don't be distracted by the simple look. This game is easy to learn but far harder to master. I found it frustrating and rewarding. The soundtrack and presentation is great. If you are looking for a strategy game to scratch that itch this is it.
  36. Jan 13, 2019
    Excelente juego, todo se trata de estrategia en Into the breach, al poco tiempo de conocer sus mecánicas te enganchas de forma instantánea, tiene una rejugabilidad fantástica y los diferentes squads con diferentes habilidades hace que quieras probar todas las combinaciones posibles, totalmente recomendado.
  37. Jul 23, 2019
    If your like me, dumb and impatient, you won't like this game when you first start. It has a bit of a learning curve...not too steep, but while I almost gave up to go study, several external circumstances kept me going. Unfortunately for my studies, now I am hooked. Take the time to google a few tips to get you started in understanding the basics of the game. Once you get that, the realIf your like me, dumb and impatient, you won't like this game when you first start. It has a bit of a learning curve...not too steep, but while I almost gave up to go study, several external circumstances kept me going. Unfortunately for my studies, now I am hooked. Take the time to google a few tips to get you started in understanding the basics of the game. Once you get that, the real game begins to emerge, and man is it a dragon. I'd expect nothing less from the creators of FTL. Thank you for another amazing game. If you like chess or advance wars...this is like chess on steroids. Expand
  38. Mar 22, 2018
    Jogos indies no PC sempre foram uma experiência única, pelo simples fato de ter a multi-tarefa e o teclado ao seu favor, assim como Stories Untold (adventure text) e Doki Doki Literature Club, sempre jogos indies inovando no PC. O que não falta é criatividade.
  39. OBH
    Feb 28, 2018
    Another example of indie games done right, and scratches a very similar itch to what FTL does - beautifully simple and entertaining gameplay. Plenty of scope for team composition and tactics. Progressive difficulty and plenty of unlocks. It's incredible how much you can fit into an 8x8 battleground. Well worth it's low price.
  40. Mar 5, 2018
    This game is mind-boggling-ly good. It's a tight, clean, and replayable experience with fantastic UI and design. Every turn is a new challenge, and every mistake causes another problem on your next turn. If the idea of lifting a giant roach over your mech's head, then tossing it into the path of an incoming attack from that roach's buddy is appealing to you, this is the game for you.
  41. Apr 27, 2018
    One of the best turn based strategy games in recent years but lacks replayability, need an enchanced edition like FTL.
  42. Jul 5, 2018
    Great little game from great developer! Nice pixel graphic, great soundtrack, smart game mechanics and more than 50h of game play if you decide to master it. Another indie gem!
  43. Jan 22, 2020
    -Puzzle dressed as tactical turn-based combat. Great graphic design and perfect story for his game mechanics.

-Puzle disfrazado de combate táctico por turnos. Gran diseño grafico e historia perfecta para sus mecánicas de juego.
  44. Dec 22, 2018
  45. Oct 5, 2018
    Muito mais que um jogo de estratégia por turnos, do que um jogo com temática de ficção científica ou do que mais um jogo indie qualquer em pixel art, Into the Breach é uma obra prima. Difícil sem ser injusto, complexo sem sobrecarregar e familiar sem ser clichê, ele é perfeitamente balanceado para proporcionar uma experiência singular.
  46. Nov 17, 2019
    One of the most excellently polished games of all time. Fully engaging, aptly paced, and well thought out, this is one of the few games on Steam which led me to explore all of its content and all of its achievements. This is one of my very few 10/10s and I would highly recommend it to virtually everyone.
  47. Feb 13, 2019
    В игре присутствует и челлендж испытывающий хитрость и ум игрока, но есть и рандом, когда ты по случайности проходишь уровень на изи, а следующий тупо фейлишь, потому что, не свезло. Хотя бы музыка в игре офигенная.
  48. Aug 11, 2019
    It feels like a complex take on chess. It becomes very rewarding after you get familiar with the mechanics.
  49. Feb 17, 2019
    Игра обладает просто обалденной реиграбельностью ,хочешь возьми атакующих мехов ,хочешь мехов который просто притягиваю и отталкивают. Грубо говоря это шахматы на новый лад!
  50. Mar 8, 2019
    Great tactical game with a high replay value. Subset Games did once again delivered. Highly Recommended.
  51. Apr 9, 2019
    Short Reviews!
    The good:
    - gameplay
    - graphic (good pixelart!)
    - replayability
    - addictive
    - challenging
    - strategy + puzzle game
    The bad:
    - short
    - soundtrack (worse than in FTL)

Summary: Obligatory must have. I played on PC, but also tried it on Switch and really recommend to play on Nintendo's platform.
  52. Jun 27, 2019
    Welcome to Acceptable Losses: the game. Imagine someone took the turn based strategy of fire emblem, the setting of pacific rim and combined it with the constant fear that the aliens you're fighting are going to harm some of your precious civilians which the game's life system focuses around. This is a squad-orientated turn based strategy game which makes you consider every shot you fire.Welcome to Acceptable Losses: the game. Imagine someone took the turn based strategy of fire emblem, the setting of pacific rim and combined it with the constant fear that the aliens you're fighting are going to harm some of your precious civilians which the game's life system focuses around. This is a squad-orientated turn based strategy game which makes you consider every shot you fire. Yes, you could nuke every alien bug into oblivion, but then there wouldn't be a lot left to save, right? A developed ftl-style system of mech management allows you to build your perfect fighting machines in an enjoyable strategy game for those who enjoyed Faster than Light, the previous offering of the studio. Expand
  53. Nov 1, 2019
    Perfect game, on both the PC and Switch. Really, so good I felt compelled to buy it on the Switch too!
  54. Nov 3, 2020
    This game is surely not bad: The treasure is the gameplay: minimalistic, but gives so many opportunity, this is an art, how to make gameplay easy to understand but hard to master. It is like chess, but shorter: a battle need only few minutes and the campaign needs only 3-4 hours. Therefore you can play it just a little bit and return to real life. In comparison to chess I see here moreThis game is surely not bad: The treasure is the gameplay: minimalistic, but gives so many opportunity, this is an art, how to make gameplay easy to understand but hard to master. It is like chess, but shorter: a battle need only few minutes and the campaign needs only 3-4 hours. Therefore you can play it just a little bit and return to real life. In comparison to chess I see here more possibilities: An unit has more options, you can upgrade the units and buy new attack modes. In addition you have different maps, different objections. There are so many genius design elements...I would need too much time to write them all here..
    This game is one of the few games, that I want to play it after beat it, because you can unlock new squads, that have different abilities and therefore changes the strategy. Perfect gameplay and thats why this game has so many rewards. There is another element, I like: Do you also ignore achievements, because they are stupid? Not in this game. With achievements you get points to unlock squads and the goals to get them fits nicely to invent strategies. Nice idea.

For this game you need a good AI and it is great, even too good, because the AI is already hard on normal level. There are 3 levels in the game and there should be more, because I would like to play something between easy and normal. Look at civilization, there are so many levels and this is motivating.

The setting, story and atmosphere fits together. But the presentation of the story could be better. Especially the graphics is so bad. This is how games looked 20 or 25 years ago and it could be very easy to make better graphics.
  55. Sep 9, 2020
    It's like playing chess. Meaning you might not find out if you messed up until 10 turns later. And if you find out then you've lost everything and have to start over. If I could pick a word to describe this it would be masochistic. I did not find a sense of exploration anywhere in the game.
  56. Sep 17, 2020
    As I like FTL, this game also has great fun. It is like more complicated chess game. Unfortunately, like FTL too, the game ended too fast, I was hoping we could have longer game, more rpg system.
  57. Sep 6, 2020
    As a casual dad gamer I had a tone of fun. The game is not perfect like every other 10/10 game but it was a big 10 in the fun department.

+ oldschool unlock system (new squads) + multiple playthroughs (randomized arenas, goals, abilities and the abovementioned squads) + easy to grasp hard to master + can be finished in 2 hours on the first try + music and sounds neutral:

+ oldschool unlock system (new squads)
    + easy to grasp hard to master
    + can be finished in 2 hours on the first try
    + music and sounds

neutral: instadeath. No arena replays, you just lose 3 hours of progress and start again. It felt great to beat it but made me anxious to try another level as it could end the whole timeline.

- a few things are not explained and you have to google/check wiki
    - the graphics could be better especially model animations are just 3 frames in idle and always face one direction at all times.
    - no coop or any kind of multiplayer
    - second and further playthroughs are easier as you keep your experienced pilot which makes the first try suck ass twice as much as you neither know the best strategies nor have a good pilot.
  58. Dec 2, 2020
    greattttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
  59. Jun 15, 2020
    It's a well made Indie, i liked it and it offer the right amount of challenge.
    It's a skirmish game where the player will guide 3 Mechs facing a large number of enemy (monsters) in a chess like small map.
    One of those game that you play for the sake of it, for a fun turn based combat rather than playing for plot and ending sequence...It's the way you play old version of Panzer general.
    It's a well made Indie, i liked it and it offer the right amount of challenge.
    Into the breach has less content, and less replayability of AAA strategy title... you will feel some repetition here and there and will probailly see most of his content in one week.
    But you will still playing it from time to time just for fun
    It's like a simplified and shorter version of Chroma squad or Super Robot taisen
  60. Jun 20, 2020
    I love the game. While its no FTL level of amazingness, it's definitely a great game. Can't wait to see more from Subset Games since they proved they're not just a one-hit-wonder.
  61. Nov 18, 2020
    Very nice take of this genre. More focus on position and landscape properties. It does this in a unique and challenging way. While I like the unforgiving gameplay somewhat, I must say it is a bit too harsh. One tiny mistake can ruin the whole campaign. Consider yourself warned.

Edit: I changed from 8 to 9. This one is a grower! ;-)
  62. Jun 4, 2019
    Interesting and fun combat mechanics, but lacks the replayability that FTL had.
  63. Jun 18, 2020
    It's a decent strategy game. But it gets boring after a while. 1hr on record.
  64. Jul 10, 2020
    Addicting and challenging, Into The Breach offers a very interesting gameplay and very interesting mechanics, but its so short that i wish more. Also, the gameplay often limits the player too much, id like to see new uses for itens between breaches, and more units to control. Either way, its a great game and you should take a look.
  65. Jan 15, 2020
    Each turn becomes its own unique puzzle and solving it is really rewarding. Hard at first but becomes quite easy when you figure the systems out
  66. Jan 11, 2021
    This game is one of the best turn-based strategy type games i have played, it is quite challenging even on easy mode for my first playthrough, but once you start to get a grip on the mechanics and gameplay it can be a rewarding experience, even with all the skill obtain through gameplay the game will still be a very though one to complete. The use of environments in combat is such a veryThis game is one of the best turn-based strategy type games i have played, it is quite challenging even on easy mode for my first playthrough, but once you start to get a grip on the mechanics and gameplay it can be a rewarding experience, even with all the skill obtain through gameplay the game will still be a very though one to complete. The use of environments in combat is such a very well used mechanic you pretty much haven't seen much like it since. Instead of just being a backdrop for the action IT is part of the action, you'll shoot a missile towards a dam and it'll break causing it to flood killing the enemies on its way. The sprite work is absolutely amazing and i adore it. It can get boring to play, but i only started to get bored after 4 hours of playtime and still haven't seen everything you get to do. It has very high replay value. I would recommend this to anyone up for a challenge. Expand
  67. Jun 27, 2020
    With Into the Breach, Subset Games has created a true masterpiece. It is down-to-earth, multi-faceted, challenging but never overwhelming. It is simply a dream come true for all fans of turn-based strategy games:

No matter how many rounds you may have played, no two games are alike. Far too numerous are the possibilities that arise from position, combination, action and effect. And I

And I haven't even mentioned how different the Mechs play, how varied they are, or that they can be improved during the course of the game.

New equipment reveals new ways of playing but also new decisions that need to be made. And no matter how many of them you make in the course of a game, they are never tiring or trivial, but always of noticeable consequence.

Just as noticeable are the grey cells that search for answers when the opponent positions his units on the randomly generated maps, because the space beetles have come up with similarly impressive skills and agility and take their toll.

Conclusion:

For just under 13 Euros (as of March 3, 2018) you can already get the Game of the Year in the category: Round Based Strategy Game with Into the Breach.
  68. Nov 12, 2020
    It took me a while to understand how to play, but it's a really fun strategy game. My only issue is that the game gets really repetitive. I would've liked new maps or a 2nd storyline.
  69. Jul 31, 2020
    Into the Breach is one of those games that, if you like the game play, will keep you playing for "just one more round." I'm not the biggest fan of either rouge-likes or strategy games, and even I was quite entertained with the time I spent playing. Unfortunately, there is next to no story to follow, which keeps me from sticking around too long. However, if that isn't a concern to you, IInto the Breach is one of those games that, if you like the game play, will keep you playing for "just one more round." I'm not the biggest fan of either rouge-likes or strategy games, and even I was quite entertained with the time I spent playing. Unfortunately, there is next to no story to follow, which keeps me from sticking around too long. However, if that isn't a concern to you, I can see some people playing Into the Breach for a many hours. I highly recommend at least checking out this game. At worst, you'll still have a great time trying to complete a few runs. Expand
  70. Aug 15, 2020
    a man goes to the doctor. says he's depressed. he says life seems harsh and cruel. says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. the doctor says "the treatment is simple. the great clown pagliacci is in town tonight. go and see him, that should pick you up." the man bursts into tears. he says "but doctor... i am pagliacci."
  71. Aug 19, 2020
    Is a pretty challenging game,a truly must play game,when you're a fan of tactical game.
  72. Sep 7, 2020
    It's a good game mainly for the lovers of turn based strategy, however I do not recomend this game for people that doesn´t like this kind of game.
  73. Sep 11, 2020
    It's the best strategy game. I have spent a lot of time for that. However, its hard for new player
  74. Oct 9, 2020
    This game could make you like the genre, a must-have for every Switch players!
  75. Dec 17, 2020
    The game brings a challenge that tests the cunning and intelligence of the player, but there is also a piece random when you accidentally pass the level or can't pass it
  76. Jan 21, 2021
    I feel like playing a game of chess on steroids. It's one of the best tactic game I've played. The infinite combination is really a brilliant part of the game where battles never are the same (even if they can feel like after 20 hours).

I pretty much enjoyed everything, even if some of the main mechanics could have been better explained (permadeath, what to prioritize (grid, timepods, etc...)). I should not need to go on youtube to be sure that I am not missing an important part of the gameplay lol.

But except that, I find that it was a pretty addictive experience. I played for more than 30 hours in 2 weeks to finish it with every team and I only have 2/3 of all the achievements.

My only complain is that, although all the teams offer a different experience with their widely varied units and combos, the ''random'' team was not a good experience. You really need to be sure that you'll have a balanced team if you wanna go somewhere, because when I did it the first time, I had only one unit who could attack and the two others could only shove or move enemy units. It doesn't seem like a problem, but for whatever reason I always had ''burrowers'' as enemies, and they are THE ONLY UNITS that you cannot move or shove. So I had to accept game over after completing 3 islands only because those units were constantly attacking the buildings and I was never able to attack them. That part really sucked and I feel this wasn't really calibrated by the dev team.

I also would have like more story, because this is just pretty much the same every time. So after 20 playthrough, you don't learn anything and you also don't give a **** about what the characters says. It could have been nice to feel like you are learning bits of the story every time you start a new timeline. Or that you have a real ''final boss'' at the end when you finish the game with all the teams.

But all in all, great experience. I hope the dev team will learn from the smalls mistakes here and there and offer us another great time in the future !
  77. May 11, 2021
    Played through everything in FTL, nuff said.
    ITB didn't hit at first, almost boring.
    But once you realize you can switch pilots (once someone dies in your best extras), freeze your own buildings and stand a freezer on a spawn... Much better. So much hidden strategy. Looks like the AI level match is spot on (if one wrong move and you are toast = your type of game). Oh, and the reason it
    Played through everything in FTL, nuff said.
    ITB didn't hit at first, almost boring.
    Oh, and the reason it feels repetitive is because you stick to the same guys. I did two runs, then switched squad and the game got all different. So it is FTL all over, kinda, lots to learn, every run until you "win" that one.

Universal acclaim - based on 56 Critic Reviews

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Sep 13, 2018
    Turn-based strategy game with exceptionally original game mechanics, well-designed maps, and great core gameplay that guarantees a long entertainment. [Issue#284]
  2. CD-Action
    Jun 5, 2018
    I’m very happy that FTL’s developer returned with a new game, as I spent almost 30 hours with Into the Breach and I feel like it was just a moment. [05/2018, p.76]
  3. Apr 24, 2018
    Into the Breach is based on the brilliant minimalism of FTL and not only does it refine its mechanics to perfection but adds its own sophisticated turn-based system, a more balanced difficulty and an extreme addiction, where the RNG frustration recedes the joy of playing. And in addition you will enjoy a breathtaking music of Ben Punty. Subsects did it, they overcame themselves.