2.0

1. Mar 26, 2021
    Good concept,execution lacks a little,hope for improvements soon,promising game
  2. Mar 26, 2021
    Fantastic game. Yeh, there are problems but solvable. The campaign wasn't exciting for me, but oh boy after that I am having a blast during co-op missions.

So much fun discovering new cards as you play. It started rough but now I am having a great time. Glad I gave this game more time and crossing my fingers for a quick fix. Devs working hard and patching the game every day, as it's still beta.

Defeintelly recommended!
  3. Mar 25, 2021
    I quite like the gameplay of Magic: Legends. It has a unique feel to it, and I don't find managing my hand of spells to be cumbersome, making combat feel exciting & uncertain, as I don't know what I will draw next, or if it will be exactly what I need at that moment. I love the areas in the game, they are all quite pretty. However, in order to visit additional zones, you must firstI quite like the gameplay of Magic: Legends. It has a unique feel to it, and I don't find managing my hand of spells to be cumbersome, making combat feel exciting & uncertain, as I don't know what I will draw next, or if it will be exactly what I need at that moment. I love the areas in the game, they are all quite pretty. However, in order to visit additional zones, you must first complete the story for the first in-game area, Tazeem, which felt like a bit of a slog at first.

As for things that need work, though, the packs are among the first. You can buy them with Zen (in-game currency bought with either money or Aether, one of many in-game currencies), to have an undisclosed chance to obtain a unique class. You could also buy the class with Gold, which almost everything drops quite frequently, albeit for between 4 & 12 million, making this a non-option. Thankfully, though, I am quite enjoying my class choice (which can be changed after unlocking a secondary class ~20 hours in), so I do not feel pressured to attempt to unlock this class (which, mechanically, isn't better than the other classes, they have all been balanced quite nicely from what I have seen).

Additionally, performance is quite an issue in this game, with the shadows seemingly having the largest impact on performance. However, upon turning these off (by typing "/shadows 0" in the in-game chat) & lowering the gamma to give the appearance of darker areas, I am now getting ~100 fps, up from ~30.

Other than the undisclosed chance to obtain items from packs, their exorbitant gold price, and the performance impact from shadows (as mentioned above, these can be disabled), I am honestly quite enjoying this game, and look forward to seeing what they do with it in the future.
  4. Apr 4, 2021
    Honest Review of a level 100 + player :
    - Game concept is awesome , but yet needs to be developed so there would be purpose for all the farming we do .
    Honest Review of a level 100 + player :
    - It is an enjoyable F2P game , you just have to stay in game and farm a lot , nothing more is needed , but don't forget to support devs buying some packs would be a good thing . Its a F2P game so dont expect it will make you a SuperMan in game , anyone could be as equal if you farm in game.
    -There is Resource cap so that you wont sit in the game 24/7 ,.

CONS:
    - It is a Beta game , so some lag issues and details on equipment and certain area are low .
    - And your skill buttons(1,2,3,4) won't register immediately , you have to press 2 or 3 times.
    - Exit game it will take time to exit .
    - In pc if you press Alt+Tab or If you change display from Fullscreen to other options it will crash.
    - There is no game voice chat for multiplayers to use, it may come in future.

Overall its beta which means under development , so you can expect it to be better and the game concept and so many things in the game are awesome and cool , people expect too much from F2P game same as i did when i started playing bugs and lags and FPS issues ,.. those things can be made better in future . Its an awesome game , Don't forget to give it a try and give your support to a F2P game by buying packs ..
  5. Apr 17, 2021
    First the "misleading review bomb $25 per toon slot" HELLO YOU LYING PONY FACE DOG! 1 that's right 1, toon CAN UNLOCK ALL SKILLS IN GAME! No need for a second slot also IT IS FREE! Free character, free content. free endgame no dlc/expansions Free game. Now I know every hate filled game reviewer that gives games 0 that are free and use cash shops, here is a nickels worth of free advice. DoFirst the "misleading review bomb $25 per toon slot" HELLO YOU LYING PONY FACE DOG! 1 that's right 1, toon CAN UNLOCK ALL SKILLS IN GAME! No need for a second slot also IT IS FREE! Free character, free content. free endgame no dlc/expansions Free game. Now I know every hate filled game reviewer that gives games 0 that are free and use cash shops, here is a nickels worth of free advice. Do not buy anything. But no you're right designing, building, developing, art, coders, and years of work mean nothing. You are special and everything should be free and HUMANS TIME, ENERGY AND HARD WORK count for the ZERO you gave this review. Crisp, bright, colorful graphics with tons of diverse locations/biomes. Skills, ow the sweet beautiful never ending collection of powers and summons 300+ I believe. Skills explode across the screen with intense animations, even playing solo its pure eye candy goodness add a friend crazy beautiful mayhem like fireworks. Now I love the random skill switching because unlike Diablo POE (mind you I love them also) you dont get those 60 hours later blues of the brain dead 8 key combo you've executed 8,394 times straight. Now the "misleading review bomb $25 per toon slot" HELLO YOU LYING PONY FACE DOG! 1 that's right 1, toon CAN UNLOCK ALL SKILLS IN GAME! No need for a second slot also IT IS FREE! Free character, free content. free endgame no dlc/expansions Free game. Now I know every hate filled game reviewer that gives games 0 that are free and use cash shops, here is a nickels worth of free advice. Do not buy anything. But no you're right designing, building, developing, art, coders, and years of work mean nothing. You are special and everything should be free and HUMANS TIME, ENERGY AND HARD WORK count for the ZERO you gave this review. Expand
  6. Apr 3, 2021
    I am firmly convinced the review bombing this is receiving is solely due to the dislike people have for in-game shops, especially in a beta game. I can't disagree with that aspect, but that is not a fair review of the game itself.

TL;DR - The game is off to an extremely solid start with solid ARPG and MTG mechanics working well together. The character progression is intriguing and the direction of the story is non-linear. The review bombs do not give this game the immense credit it deserves, possibly because of the overall hatred of in-game stores (particularly in beta games). If you enjoy the loot/leveling dungeon grind of ARPG's and the land-color/deckbuilding systems of MTG, you will be right at home.

This game is an example of a beta for a game with amazing potential. After getting into the meat of the game and the intricacies of the mechanics, it remains extremely connected to both basic ARPG elements and MTG mechanics. The deck-building is great and the rotating spells is a fresh new take on ARPG's. Gone are the days of spamming the same 2-3 abilities while you run endlessly through extremely repetitive maps. Card draw is strong in M:L just like it is in MTG. Mana distribution and regeneration also play a huge role. Finding card and color combinations that will work well with each other and with your class abilities is as much of an enjoyment in this game as it is in MTG.

The upgrading of your character is multi-faceted. You can upgrade your equipment, relics, and cards, and unlocking cards and equipment can be done through crafting, grinding, OR purchasing. The store is there, but it's not in your face and after playing through two complete worlds, the game has not directed me to the store a single time. If you want to spend money, the option is there, just like in every single free-to-play game that has any hopes of generating revenue. There are some truly free games out there, but good and completely free rarely go hand in hand.

My chief complaints come in the subject of fluidity of movement and customization/options. For mouse and keyboard players, the right click is hard coded into rotating the camera. This is not even an option you can currently turn off or remap. There is an option for WASD movement, but it just doesn't feel right in an ARPG. When moving through narrow walkways, the movement and camera can get a little jumpy. There are some graphics issues from time to time (minimap blinking, random slowed fps), but these are things that are present in most beta games and usually resolved before release.