- Summary: Assume the role of Joule Adams, a young survivor of a terrible cataclysm who journeys from Earth to the desert world, “Far Eden” to build mankind’s new home. But when Joule wakes after centuries in cryo-sleep, nothing has gone according to plan… With her “Corebot” companion, Mack, JouleAssume the role of Joule Adams, a young survivor of a terrible cataclysm who journeys from Earth to the desert world, “Far Eden” to build mankind’s new home. But when Joule wakes after centuries in cryo-sleep, nothing has gone according to plan… With her “Corebot” companion, Mack, Joule begins an adventure to unlock secrets from the past, defeat powerful foes, and bring new life and hope to Far Eden. The Far Eden colony was meant to be a paradise, where humans and Corebots could build a future together. Now, however, most of the Corebots have gone rogue, and the planet is plagued by violent sandstorms. In some areas these storms come and go, altering the terrain and revealing new areas to explore and new challenges to overcome. Defeat your enemies—including massive boss creatures—with creative tactics, split-second timing, and by unleashing your Corebots’ unique abilities. Craft components to customize your Corebots to create your perfect battle party, and then share your creations with other gamers online. [Armature]… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
ReCore - Launch Trailer
Sep 12, 2016With a well written (albeit not exactly original) story and a nicely crafted gameplay experience featuring plenty of content, ReCore is the game to get for those looking for an involving action adventure title. Sadly, the experience is a bit lessened by the generally low challenge level, which makes Corebots mechanics almost superfluous, slightly repetitive combat, disappointing boss battles and a variety of technical issues.
Sep 12, 2016Its world, while interesting to explore for a good while, is ultimately too big with too little happening in it to be a totally serviceable housing for the strong combat and platforming gameplay within. It feels like a great, arcadey action platformer spread across too big a canvas, and it asks you to draw back over the same lines a few too many times.
CD-ActionDec 12, 2016The biggest obstacle on ReCore’s path to greatness is the uneven pacing of the campaign. First couple of hours, when the game gradually unveils its secrets, are almost perfect, but then it becomes unnecessarily hard and the story gets watered down too much. [12/2016, p.44]
Sep 12, 2016ReCore is a style of game we haven't seen in a while. Part Mega Man Legends, part Metroid Prime, ReCore puts exploration and platforming at the forefront. With your trusty corebot pals, you'll double jump and dash through an open world and some damned fiendish dungeons. While ReCore trips up a bit with some odd combat and gating mechanics, it's still worth your time if you remember how platforming was in the old days.
Sep 23, 2016By the game’s end, I found I didn’t care about any of the characters. Instead, I was fed up, hunting down the rest of the prismatic cores in order to reach the end. The game had done a full 180. It’s a major disappointment, given the promise ReCore shows at its beginning, when it’s just Joule and Mack.
Sep 14, 2016The combat, platforming, crafting and customization, even the parts of the story that work were clearly built with care and seem like they'll amount to a really engaging game with a lovable cast of characters and an intriguing world, but the game's rampant problems are just impossible to look past. This game deserved to be so much more.
Sep 14, 2016Ignore the 'professional' review sites.
Once again we have clear evidence how out of touch these sad little 'journalists' are incredibly outIgnore the 'professional' review sites.
Once again we have clear evidence how out of touch these sad little 'journalists' are incredibly out of touch with what makes a good game.
This is wonderfully polished for a non major studio. It looks gorgeous - the story is pleasant and amusing. Platforming, movement and combat is fun and the core game mechanics are great.
This game takes you back to some of the glory days of gaming as it successfully mixes multiple genres into an incredibly satisfying package that rewards exploration and collection.
I can't stop smiling while i play this.… Expand
Dec 1, 2016This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very funny from minute 1, don't believe in mob-press is a cheap, funny, great gameplay and amazing game.
very very long time without have a game who i like so much
Recommended purchase… Expand
Sep 19, 2016Jak 3 and Metroid Prime got together for a spot of tea, and this beautiful gem came out. Although the release of this game was rushed a bit,Jak 3 and Metroid Prime got together for a spot of tea, and this beautiful gem came out. Although the release of this game was rushed a bit, resulting in some unfortunate technical issues (what else is new), the old-school style gameplay more than makes up for these bugs. This is the sort of game that reminds me of why I got into gaming, and gives me hope that there are still developers out there that remember the glory of the PS2/GC era.
If $40 is too much money for you (it is worth that price), make sure to watch this game and pick it up later for less. Don't let yourself miss this one.… Expand
Oct 9, 2016Fun world and snappy controls. The combat is fun, though simple, and the modding of robots is pretty cool, though linear. It has a story thatFun world and snappy controls. The combat is fun, though simple, and the modding of robots is pretty cool, though linear. It has a story that is presented with some mystery at first and many puzzles. I am not a huge fan of some of the style, and the UI could have been a bit better but overall its a good game.… Expand
Sep 18, 2016Stay away from this garbage at all costs!
Cons: * Serious performance issues with stuttering and freezes even on systems better thanStay away from this garbage at all costs!
* Serious performance issues with stuttering and freezes even on systems better than recommended.
* Graphics ranging from awesome to utter garbage (very inconsistent)
* If you die during a puzzle you often re-spawn in bad spots just to instantly die again.
* You are constantly forced to backtrack to find "optional" cores in order to progress the main story.
* Glitches, glitches glitches. Ranging from screen flicker during loading screens to models popping in/out to animation issues and missing sounds and beyond. I'm surprised how it made it through certification in its current state as you literary can't play 10 minutes without encountering some (often graphical) glitch.
* The "grappling-hook" mechanic is cool.
Cool idea but extremely poorly executed. 4/10.… Expand
Dec 2, 2019Una sensación muy agridulce. Un mundo completamente vacío, y carente de sentido. Se me hizo imposible empatizar con la protagonista, y eso queUna sensación muy agridulce. Un mundo completamente vacío, y carente de sentido. Se me hizo imposible empatizar con la protagonista, y eso que su situación daba bastante lástima.
Se lleva un 5 porque me ha recordado al gameplay de Jak 3 y de Ratchet & Clank de PS2.… Expand
Feb 15, 2017Puta que jogo desgraçado! cheguei até o final quase vomitando... no começo achei legal.. mas fica muito muito chato! o combate é chato! nãoPuta que jogo desgraçado! cheguei até o final quase vomitando... no começo achei legal.. mas fica muito muito chato! o combate é chato! não aparece as conquista na tela do pc, se minimizar muito o jogo da pau... depois q o bixo voador entrei dentro da terra varias vezes! jogo XATO MUITO XATO DESGRAÇADO E CARO! NAO COMPRA ESSA PORRA