7.8

1. Jan 26, 2017

There is no psychological aspect of the story, no

There is no psychological aspect of the story, no clever symbolism, no eerie atmosphere, and no memorable characters. There is only pointless struggle with enemies that are invulnerable until the plot says otherwise, everything is scripted and linear, and all the "difficulty" comes from clumsy tank-like gamepad controls that are defacto standard for console FPS games. You cannot properly aim with the gamepad, but if you opt for the mouse, it only mimics gamepad analog sticks, so you get a molasses-slow aiming with tons of lag as a bonus.

If you like heaps of innards, livers, lungs, blood, cheap sadism and jumpscare scenes, then by all means go for it and buy the game. It's one of the few titles that made me physically nauseated, which is an unique achievement.

If you seek something like Evil Within or Silent Hill, stay away, this game is as brainless as its characters.
  2. Jan 26, 2017
    Resident Evil 7 is an atrocious abomination of a once-great franchise. The game has no story or plot relevant to the rest of the Resident Evil universe. Every character is forgettable and generic and again has no connection to the entire RE story as a whole; Ethan is about as memorable as a wet paper towel. Capcom also lied about a returning character. Don't bother.
  3. Feb 4, 2017
    What a piece of garbage! It's almost like one of those B-level "found tape" movies rather than a game. Everything is utterly linear and scripted. There is no freedom in this game whatsoever. Fights hardly make any sense. Frequently you can't even control what's happening and instead watch endless animated sequences, occasionally pressing the left mouse button, wondering if that would makeWhat a piece of garbage! It's almost like one of those B-level "found tape" movies rather than a game. Everything is utterly linear and scripted. There is no freedom in this game whatsoever. Fights hardly make any sense. Frequently you can't even control what's happening and instead watch endless animated sequences, occasionally pressing the left mouse button, wondering if that would make any difference. Doors get opened at the whim of the script, the enemies appear and disappear. The main character does things on his own while you just hold W key.

No, no, no. This is not Resident Evil. It might work in VR, I dunno, but on PC this is plain garbage.
    Oh and btw it's not scary at all. It's so ridiculous that I was laughing all the way after some time. The moment when the main character gets his hand cut off is hilarious! I couldn't take this game seriously after that.
    And they say this game will be the "killer game" which will make make VR the big thing? ROFL
    My only advice is to NOT play this for more than hour so that you could still get a refund.

I give this 2 points for the hilarious moment with the cut off hand and the loads of artists' work sunk into this trainwreck.
  4. Aug 5, 2020
    Absolute worst Resident Evil. It's not actually RE at all. It's a strict, linear movie-like game where you have to guess what random actions they require you to perform until you figure it out. Shooting in this game is also a nightmare. Enemies flop around with no predictable pattern, and movement is atrocious. It's not scary, it's corny and rips off Texas Chainsaw Massacre to a T at one point.
  5. Feb 1, 2017
    3 hours was all I could stomach from RE7. After 3 hours of crawling around a Scary House™, looking for keys like it's 1998, dealing with horrendous laggy shooting controls combined with such severe ammo shortage that if you miss a couple of shots you might as well reload and lose 20 minutes of progress... being chased by the same immortal hillbilly grandpa over and over again and3 hours was all I could stomach from RE7. After 3 hours of crawling around a Scary House™, looking for keys like it's 1998, dealing with horrendous laggy shooting controls combined with such severe ammo shortage that if you miss a couple of shots you might as well reload and lose 20 minutes of progress... being chased by the same immortal hillbilly grandpa over and over again and "bossfighting" him over and over again until in the last fight he charges me with a powertool, glitches through a stone pillar and 3-shot-stunlocks me until I die 5 times in a row, I'm done.

Why keep playing this? For the archaic gameplay? For the repetitive bossfights with glitchy "mechanics"? (Oh I'm sure I'd get to fight hillbilly grandma too later on, does she go "YEEHAWWW AMA GIT YOU SON" while she's chasing you as well? Terrific). For the horror? There is no horror. Have you seen Texas Chainsaw Massacre? Good, now watch it again. How scared do you feel the 5th time you watch it? This is how scary this game is, because everything feels like a copy of a copy of a reference to a western horror b-movie. Repetitive, boring and annoying as hell to play. Stay away.
  6. Jan 28, 2017
    It is not really frightening. Usually you can think what will pass when you go for a long walk or open a door. The game itself is too short. It's too fast and has not given me any real reason to play it again. If you want to buy the game I can only say buy it on the PS4. Best with VR.
  7. Jan 28, 2017
    Shallow and overpriced linear game with boring characters and abysmal story that you will forget in a week and above all the trash it's locked with DENUVO DRM, yep it's the new trend because greedy companies like Capcom are afraid of the "evil pirates"...Anyway game is rarely frighnening it's mostly gory and disgusting also the ending is disappointing and the shooting mechanics are bad.Shallow and overpriced linear game with boring characters and abysmal story that you will forget in a week and above all the trash it's locked with DENUVO DRM, yep it's the new trend because greedy companies like Capcom are afraid of the "evil pirates"...Anyway game is rarely frighnening it's mostly gory and disgusting also the ending is disappointing and the shooting mechanics are bad. Doesn't deserve $60 (or 60 Euros if you live in Europe) wait for a lower price tag Expand
  8. Feb 12, 2017
    Voice acting is terrible, it tried to copy from Silent Hill2, the intro, the new city, etc but failed miserably.
    there is any elements that makes this game a Resident Evil.
    Its completely a new game, a generic one to be exact which does not provide any new experiences at all!
    it disappointed me really,
  9. Jan 29, 2017
    Overpriced, exclusive vr with sony, the game itself is buggy for PC. As always, a wild console vendor appears puts money over the table and **** the game for everyone else. Hope they sell so little they have to halve the price in 1 month. Oh and fyi this game is already cracked, totally deserved. Don't buy.
  10. Feb 5, 2017
    Can't pickup the chainsaw. Ques are terrible. Game play is slow and boring. You cannot rip tape. You cannot use a hatched to break doors, locks or windows only specific crates. Weapons don't damage enemies, at least for Mia and Daddy, they only die on ques. Everyone comes back to life. You can open doors with your hand cut off, while holding your nub[turn nobs without hand animation]. YouCan't pickup the chainsaw. Ques are terrible. Game play is slow and boring. You cannot rip tape. You cannot use a hatched to break doors, locks or windows only specific crates. Weapons don't damage enemies, at least for Mia and Daddy, they only die on ques. Everyone comes back to life. You can open doors with your hand cut off, while holding your nub[turn nobs without hand animation]. You can bleed with your hand cut off for a limitless amount of time. Very few items can be picked up or used, very few doors and cabinets can be opened. Most items that can be picked up have no purpose[ mostly picture frames and notes, items with assumable use or function aren't intractable [the chainsaw, cutlery, real food... mostly all you can interact with has "Artistic value"]. Doors open slowly, some ques will drag you to them, the game is very linear "hallway simulator". AI will some times see you through walls, other times they will never notice you even if you're stabbing them with a knife. It doesn't let you stab grandma. Mia will simply disappear if you stare at the room where she supposedly gets off the couch and smashes through a wall. Everything is waiting for ques, no actual skill or combat[shooting only stuns for Expand
  11. Jan 26, 2017
    The awesome gameplay from re4 is gone and instead we get another cheap interactive jumpscare movie with tight corridors and scripted events. Good luck having fun with this one! Gone is the challenges the replay value and the coop. This game will be forgotten once everybody has played it because it is a VR experience and not a game!
  12. Feb 8, 2017
    Played it for about 2 hours. Followed a girl. Almost fell asleep. Then I grabbed some car keys and I ran over some bad guy with a car. Later on, I encountered a very generic slimy black monster that didn't provide enough of a challenge. I kept encountering those black slimy monsters and the crazy dude from the car fight. Then I saw Nemesis pop out of a corner and he yelled "this is so damnPlayed it for about 2 hours. Followed a girl. Almost fell asleep. Then I grabbed some car keys and I ran over some bad guy with a car. Later on, I encountered a very generic slimy black monster that didn't provide enough of a challenge. I kept encountering those black slimy monsters and the crazy dude from the car fight. Then I saw Nemesis pop out of a corner and he yelled "this is so damn cringe" at me. I agreed with Nemmy and uninstalled the game. Luckily I was still within the 2-hour limit and received a steam refund. Expand
  13. Feb 13, 2017
    This game is sucks.

there is any elements that makes this game a Resident Evil.
    it disappointed me really,
  14. Feb 13, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Este es el claro ejemplo de un caso en el que los bugs en lugar de quitar puntps, suman puntos. Me explico... Este juego dice ser "Survival Horro", pero lo único disfrutable de este juego es la acción, el Survival (no survival horror, survival porque te escasean las balas, pero no horror porque en ni 1 solo momento da miedo ni desesperacion o algo parecido a esto), y tambien por la comedia, la cual proviene de los bugs que tiene.

Este juego es de género Acción, Comedia, y Survival... Por tanto no es un survival horro y por tanto es una basura porque falla en lo que se supone que es. Además los gráficos... Algunas cosas se ven como de ps3 y otras como de ps2, es increíble la gran cantidad de "plastilina", "arcilla", y "acuarela" que se puede apreciar en los mismos.

Multiples incoherencias y clichés, desde enemigos que tienen suficiente fuerza como para arrancarle el techo a un auto, pero luego al atacarte apenas te sacan vida, hasta el personaje que recarga con el munón de su mano cortada. Enemigos o npc que se teletransportan, o se quedan trabados contra cosas y se quedan pegandoles a esas cosas.
    Los NPC sin seguimiento, y con esto me refiero a que están "pre-programados". Si tu te agachas y te pones a un lado, el npc mirará para donde supone que deberías estar, por tanto no te mirará a ti, mirara y le hablará a la nada.

Todo esto y mucho más en este juego de comedia y acción :D
  15. Feb 7, 2017
    pocas horas de juego, la calidad es baja y el precio muyt elevado no merece la pena comprarloa tan alto precio es preferible esperar alguna rebaja en las plataformas
  16. Jan 26, 2017
    This game is awful and not worth $60, probably not even $20. It can be completed in four hours and the story is lackluster and boring, as well as having no real connection to the rest of the Resident Evil universe. The game itself is uninspired, looking like yet another generic first person horror game. No enemy diversity, bosses are the least creative seen in the series yet. This is anThis game is awful and not worth $60, probably not even $20. It can be completed in four hours and the story is lackluster and boring, as well as having no real connection to the rest of the Resident Evil universe. The game itself is uninspired, looking like yet another generic first person horror game. No enemy diversity, bosses are the least creative seen in the series yet. This is an insult to what made the franchise great in the first place. Expand
  17. Feb 7, 2017
    Unplayable. The game always crashes on GTX 1070 and I5-6500 with 16GB RAM because "low performance". I will change the rating after they fix this garbage console port.
  18. Feb 11, 2017
    $80 for 8 hours of gameplay.. glad I bought the Pirate edition of this game.
    Also the game is very linear, it plays like a Dragons Lair game.
    This is not your Resident Evil of the past. But quite possibly the worst part about this game is that it changes the way the character behaves.... what do I mean by that? Well at the beginning you have the ability to punch, this is later removed,
    $80 for 8 hours of gameplay.. glad I bought the Pirate edition of this game.
    Also the game is very linear, it plays like a Dragons Lair game.
    This is not your Resident Evil of the past.
    Well at the beginning you have the ability to punch, this is later removed, it is removed because it did not suit the developers narrative of the game. Crappy Japanese game designed by peasants for peasants.
    Essentially aother piece of console trash ported to the PC.
    I really do wish the peasants would keep this garbage on their paper wieghts.. errr I mean consoles.
    If you want to try it, Pirate it, it's readily available on the net, do not buy this piece of s**t.
  19. Apr 16, 2018
    Console obsessed Capcom requires hex editing to get 21:9 support. Patch this already.
  20. Jan 26, 2017
    Don't bother with this game, especially at $60. It's short, has no replay value or other features (except paid DLC of course), and the story and characters are completely forgettable. This may as well have been a reboot because it has no connection at all to the rest of the Resident Evil universe. Waste of time.
  21. Jan 27, 2017
    Это не возвращение к истокам серии это просто высер, позор разработчикам, всех этих горе разрабов нужно деньгами наказывать не покупать такие продукты и ставить низкие оценки только так они снова будут норм игры делатьЭто не возвращение к истокам серии это просто высер, позор разработчикам, всех этих горе разрабов нужно деньгами наказывать не покупать такие продукты и ставить низкие оценки только так они снова будут норм игры делать
  22. Feb 1, 2017
    This game with resident evil it has nothing to do...
    I expected a third person shooter with zombies or plagas... similiar the classic saga.
    This game sucks!!
    This game with resident evil have ONLY one thing in common...THE NAME!
  23. May 14, 2017
    This trash isn't resident evil. It's not even scary. The visuals don't look realistic or gory at all... Just weird looking. And worst of all... The main character is more wooden than the house he's stuck in. Plus the game has lots of dumb glitches. It's the kind of game you play through once, say meh... and then never touch it again.
  24. Jan 26, 2017
    If With another name Was released It was better Not as Resident Evil I can only say As Resident Evil Bad-disaster for To this Series This product is as sophisticated as a barrel of methylated moonshine. Naturalistic, sadistic scenes, extreme violence, oceans of blood, heaps dismembered human bodies nor perpetual darkness you stumble around in can really cover the fact that the game lacksIf With another name Was released It was better Not as Resident Evil I can only say As Resident Evil Bad-disaster for To this Series This product is as sophisticated as a barrel of methylated moonshine. Naturalistic, sadistic scenes, extreme violence, oceans of blood, heaps dismembered human bodies nor perpetual darkness you stumble around in can really cover the fact that the game lacks substance, unlike Silent Hill series, Evil Within, or similar games of the genre. Expand
  25. Mar 9, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. pesimo el peor resident evil no merece score aparte dura muy poco es un juego que es tan facil que con las horas no te da miedo da risa no ay zombies ni mercenarios Expand
  26. Dec 16, 2018
    Game is well optimezed, has a great spooky atmosphere, but gameplay is whole afwul piece of :D. So, in the beggining you cannot kill anything, they still surviving and trying to kill you. This annoying gameplay kills every well design aspect of the game. Atmosphere - 7/10, optimisation - 9/10, gameplay - 9/10. Overall 5-6/10. Don't cost this 60$ for the game.
  27. Mar 22, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. when i buy a game , i either play it or enjoy it and with this game neither happened ........
    terrible graphics , poor unknown story and **** combat..
  28. Mar 16, 2017
    Игра полное говнище , никому не советую.На то два простых аргумента
    a)Эта игра абсолютно не страшная, тупо сборка стериотипов про ужастики
    б)напрочь убивает атмосферу нормального резика, даже 6-я часть, и то лучше Единственный плюс только графон, за него 2 балла
    Игра полное говнище , никому не советую.На то два простых аргумента
    a)Эта игра абсолютно не страшная, тупо сборка стериотипов про ужастики
    б)напрочь убивает атмосферу нормального резика, даже 6-я часть, и то лучше
    Единственный плюс только графон, за него 2 балла
  29. Feb 9, 2018
    The story is just weird and bad, the game-play gets confusing sometimes because well, I myself find the map complicated, for the horror intensity it is pretty bad ( there are scenes that take pretty much time to end and that kind of makes them less scary and they're too frequent, ugly people making funny faces aren't scary ), they tried too hard on making it horror and so they did on theThe story is just weird and bad, the game-play gets confusing sometimes because well, I myself find the map complicated, for the horror intensity it is pretty bad ( there are scenes that take pretty much time to end and that kind of makes them less scary and they're too frequent, ugly people making funny faces aren't scary ), they tried too hard on making it horror and so they did on the graphics ( everything that shines looks like plastic and the textures are kind of soft, all the gore looks just like wet stained jelly ).

NOTE: I played it on a friend's X-box so i don't know about the price but i wouldn't buy it for myself and i feel sorry for that friend's money.
  30. Jan 12, 2019
    Нестрашная, безатмосферная игра со слабым сюжетом, а также легчайшими головоломками - всё в этой игре сделано для того, чтобы игрок особо не напрягался в ходе прохождения. Эта игра вобрала в себя все надоевшие клише хорроров. Зачем создатели RE7 решили скопировать всё с Outlast, других похожих игр, "забить" на сеттинг предыдущих частей и вырезать также взаимосвязь с предыдущими играмиНестрашная, безатмосферная игра со слабым сюжетом, а также легчайшими головоломками - всё в этой игре сделано для того, чтобы игрок особо не напрягался в ходе прохождения. Эта игра вобрала в себя все надоевшие клише хорроров. Зачем создатели RE7 решили скопировать всё с Outlast, других похожих игр, "забить" на сеттинг предыдущих частей и вырезать также взаимосвязь с предыдущими играми серии - решительно непонятно. #вернителеона Expand
  31. Jan 11, 2019
    This has nothing to do with RE.

What to start with? The walking speed which in running mode like normal walking to produce the feeling of fear of not getting away? Of course your not getting away because the devs made you move like a snail. Dismemberment which happens to be no problem for the player except when done by jack? No T virus zombies? Basically for the beginning
    This has nothing to do with RE.

What to start with?

No T virus zombies?

Basically for the beginning always the same immortal enemies?

And of course basically no story.

This is not horror, this is horribly awkward.
  32. Apr 13, 2020
    это что за высер с поднебесной где классические зомби где классический вид или вид из за плеча
    что вообще стало с игрой
    какая то не понятная плесень не понятное лекарство которое делает так чтоб конечность приросло это что за брел такой нам такие игры не нудны
    что вообще стало с игрой

Generally favorable reviews - based on 17 Critic Reviews

1. Apr 10, 2017
    Resident Evil 7 is chock full of spectacular cinematic scenes, but what's the point of all that if they're hardly scary at all? Worse, some of them make you laugh.
  2. Mar 21, 2017
    The best Resident Evil game in years is only bogged down by the blatantly RE bits. [Issue#259, p.58]
  3. Feb 6, 2017
    Resident Evil 7 has a strong opening, a sagging middle, and a disappointing finale. In other words, it hews closely to the arc of most horror. But to Capcom’s credit, this Resident Evil is taking pages from books it hasn’t previously read. I’m not convinced it understands those pages, but at least it’s attempting something other than the usual roiling mass of black goo with bright orange weak points you have to shoot. For a while at least. It’ll get to that. But before it plods through its sagging middle to its disappointing finale, Resident Evil 7 is at least trying.