• Publisher: Neowiz
  • Release Date: Jan 21, 2021
7.7

1. Jan 23, 2021
    This is really fun, great game with excellent controls and beautiful pixel art! Recommended!
  2. Feb 4, 2021
    Голимая хуйня. Кривое управление. Вся надежда только на невнятный рандом. Отсутствие восстановление здоровья после сражения с боссами. Вообще заебись!!!
  3. Jan 27, 2021
    Wow I really despise this game. Sure its cute and the art is good but i hate everything else about it. It basically doesn't improve on anything from its predecessor StarCraft 69 members of weed country, Very disappointed in the developers
  4. Feb 10, 2021
    Skul is a charming little gem of a game. It’s not perfect—you will get very familiar with the levels, there could be more hidden secrets to discover, and you’ll be craving more content after 30 hours of play. But, that’s also a sign of the game’s strength—I’ve logged almost 70 hours into this $20 beauty, and I’m still having fun trying to get those last few dastardly achievements.

In a

In a nutshell, the music, art and gameplay are top notch. The story is simple, but charming, and definitely leaves you wanting more. Another mixed blessing is the challenge—the game is unforgivably difficult at first, so much so that it would be easy to toss it aside in frustration. However, with re-mapped controls and a little patience, mastery is more than possible.

For new players, it’s also a bit jarring that not much is explained in terms of the game mechanics. You are not spoon fed much of anything—you’re thrown in, die plenty of times, and eventually figure things out on your own. This is annoying, but also lends a bit of charm and mystery to the experience. (Hint: items have synergies! Don’t be afraid to swap your skulls! Green doors = skulls, treasure doors = items, and normal doors = gold…all three are situationally important!)

Skul feels like a passion project, and it works well in almost every way. It’s a super refreshing experience (especially if you’ve suffered through any *cough* Cybergarbage recently.) Don’t hesitate to pick it up.
  5. Jan 31, 2021
    skul the hero slayer is such a fun rouge lite i spent hours just playing the game because of the addicting gameplay and to see which skull will i get this time all the enemies and bosses are super awesome and difficult and everything about this game is so much fun the only problem that i have with this game is the sequel baiting it felt like some content was missing because reason ?? iskul the hero slayer is such a fun rouge lite i spent hours just playing the game because of the addicting gameplay and to see which skull will i get this time all the enemies and bosses are super awesome and difficult and everything about this game is so much fun the only problem that i have with this game is the sequel baiting it felt like some content was missing because reason ?? i guess ?? plus the story was kind of meh but except for that i don't have anything bad to say about this game in conclusion i wont even do a pro and con list just because this game is a super awesome indie that does almost everything perfectly which bring me to my final score and its a 9 out of 10 Expand
  6. Feb 11, 2021
    A magnificent roguelike, worthy to stand next to the godlike Binding of Isaac, Dead Cells and Hades (stand next but not jump over them). Stop waste your time and just give it a bone! 10 skulls from 10!
  7. Feb 6, 2021
    I love this game, I've enjoyed it a lot and I recommend it to every roguelike lover.
    But, it lacks.
    Other than the great skull variety that makes this game has replayability. When you beat it a couple of times, you start seeing how repetitive the game is. There is not much to keep you coming because you see the same items, rooms, bosses and so every run other than some mini-bosses that
    But, it lacks.
    There is not much to keep you coming because you see the same items, rooms, bosses and so every run other than some mini-bosses that have a good variety.
    Only the core gameplay and experimenting with the skulls' abilities will bring you back but the lack of the item pool will make you be able to reach any build you want almost every run because the way the game works is that you can almost see every item every game.
    I think they should develop it more, make it deeper, they also need to polish some sections.
    Another small gripe I had is that it's one of the only combat-based roguelikes where I encounter unavoidable damage in some incidents, where it doesn't matter how good you are but there are some attacks and some skulls with one dash that can't dodge some attacks.
    I think this game is hard but it's not unfair and a good player would be able to eventually beat every run.
    Give it a try because it's really fun but don't expect too much to keep you playing like other games in the genre.
  8. Jan 28, 2021
    Это просто супер, давно не получал такого удовольствия от игр!
  9. Jan 26, 2021
    Amo los videojuegos como estos pero este sin duda alguna es un Juegazo, aparte su Historia es muy Interesante la verdad un muy buen juego el cual recomiendo mucho.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 20 Critic Reviews

1. Feb 16, 2021
    Simple enough to draw you in, yet complex enough to keep you interested for the long haul. Skull: The Hero Slayer expertly balances risk-and-reward elements with player skill to make a wholly engaging action platformer.
  2. Feb 11, 2021
    Skul: The Hero Slayer is another example of an indie video game that has been lovingly created and they have managed to launch a roguelite with a lot of potential.
  3. Feb 8, 2021
    It isn’t without its rough edges, but Skul is a really compelling experience, and definitely scratches the itch left by the button-mashing brawling of Hades and Dead Cells. If you’ve played those games to completion, or if you want a game with decadent pixel art and a wealth of characterful play options, then it’s an easy recommendation - just don’t lose your head during those challenging final stages.