7.5

Buy Now
Buy on

Oct 30, 2008
    I TOTALLY loved SoC. But this is installment is extremely frustrating. I understand why they did what they did to some extent, to show how it was before the SoC, the zone less messy, more separate factions, less artifacts, etc. But the gameplay here is both the same as SoC, as well as grueling and painful sometimes. It is dreadfully slow, the weapons are simply awful, and it is much much I TOTALLY loved SoC. But this is installment is extremely frustrating. I understand why they did what they did to some extent, to show how it was before the SoC, the zone less messy, more separate factions, less artifacts, etc. But the gameplay here is both the same as SoC, as well as grueling and painful sometimes. It is dreadfully slow, the weapons are simply awful, and it is much much more linear. As others have pointed out, you can empty an entire clip into an enemy's head, and he just stands there, while a grenade can come at you from 1/4 mile away and kill you. Makes ZERO sense. I want to love this game, I loved SoC and played it dozens of times through. But I'm struggling with this one big time. Expand
  2. RyanT.
    Nov 29, 2009
    As a huge fan of SHOC, I really don't want to rate this game bad. CS just doesn't capture the jarring feel of the first game, and the faction systems make the zone feel less like a detailed eastern bloc wasteland and more like a russian version of counterstrike. Indeed the wasteland is more detailed than ever, but the sheer amount of random NPCs, and the lack of numerous mutants As a huge fan of SHOC, I really don't want to rate this game bad. CS just doesn't capture the jarring feel of the first game, and the faction systems make the zone feel less like a detailed eastern bloc wasteland and more like a russian version of counterstrike. Indeed the wasteland is more detailed than ever, but the sheer amount of random NPCs, and the lack of numerous mutants make the game seem way too hospitable. Hopefully the faction system and the stupid artifact hunting will be removed from the 3rd game. This game would have been better if the bugs were completely ironed out, and it was made much more faithful to its superior predecessor. Expand
  3. Oct 5, 2014
    A true 'S.T.A.L.K.E.R game brought low by crippling bugs.

This game has the amazing atmosphere of the original stalker game. It also shares many of the same locations and as a result there's continuity and familiarity with 'Shadow of Chernobyl'. The difficulty has arguably increased, particularly aided by a changed bartering system whereby you get virtually nothing for the items you
    A true 'S.T.A.L.K.E.R game brought low by crippling bugs.

The difficulty has arguably increased, particularly aided by a changed bartering system whereby you get virtually nothing for the items you wish to sell (artifacts the exception) It's harder to make a quick buck and upgrade equipment, but I'd suggest this is a wise move, as in Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyat you could make a fortune by picking weapons up from the ground and sell them to the Stalker standing a foot away, who, because of the AI, never thought to pick them up himself
    The artifact system is hugely improved. No longer do you simply find 6 high value ones sitting in the middle of the road for you without any danger to you at all; now, artifacts are invisible until very near proximity, and you use a detector to point you, by trial and error, to the treasure. This important change makes finding artifacts far more rewarding.

However, we must get to the bad:
    The game is riddled with crippling bugs. LImansk is a complete mess of a location and is guaranteed to crash your system - forcing the player to reload many times trying increasingly bizarre strategies to prevent the crash. I gave up without completion.
    My second try was going oh so well, until I got myself into a bad spot where I ended up sleeping through an emission in a partially covered building. The game never recovered, as the game never recognised the end of the emission and as a result most npc characters never went back to normal behaviour.

Having to give up twice was disappointing and makes it impossible to rate the game highly - enjoy it while it lasts! Fans of the Series, will still find something to enjoy here.
  4. Jul 20, 2017
    This series is so funny because the improvements made over Shadow of Chernobyl introduce drawbacks.

They added fast travel (teleportation), but it is prohibitively expensive. For the first half of the game you sprint for 10 seconds, stand still for 10 seconds to recover stamina, then sprint again. Distances also seemed greater than Shadow of Chernobyl. They added the option to

They added the option to upgrade armor and guns, but more upgrades makes repairing them cost more, and again, it is too expensive.

Health packs weigh less but the weight limit is still too restricting until you get stamina improvements.

Factions were added which you can join and fight for/against and reap rewards. However there are defense missions that pop up one second and before you can run to the area you need to defend the mission fails.

Improvements without drawbacks:
    The camera doesn't shake as much.
    Gun accuracy is better.

The story is not as good as Shadow of Chernobyl, but the overall gameplay is better.

Cost $3.33 and played about 15 hours, not recommended for the above flaws.
  5. May 21, 2013
    I played stalker in following order: SoC, CoP and unfortunately I'm stuck at Clear Sky. Not that that I wouldn't like to play it, but I cant. It is impossible to proceed due to fatal bug. Game crashes and crashes. I managed to play over 8 hours of it, but then the bug appeared and it is impossible to go any further. Isn't it fun when you cant play game all the way through?

CS is very

CS is very annoying at the beginning of it. You make one mistake and you will die very easily (radiation and renegades). You will have to quick save like every 10 seconds. Later part when you get better gear, it becomes actually quite satisfying to play. I don't still really understand the stamina-meter. When games becomes too near reality, it is just stupid. Running for 20 sec and standing still to wait other 20 sec to get your stamina back is some very fantastic bulls***. Especially in game where you have to get money by looting all around in quite big maps. There is also this one part where Bandits rob you, and you will never get your money back.

Clear Sky could have been great game if it didn't suffered from large amount of bugs and other things that will annoy player. It has nice reformations: you can join to factions and upgrade your weapons etc. 6 points is still best I can give to it as it is with recent patches.
  6. Mar 16, 2018
    Дико забагованная на выходе и гораздо менее интересная в плане сюжета, в сравнение с Тенями Черноболя.
  7. Jun 6, 2020
    Сюжет «S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Чистое Небо» переносит игроков за год до событий оригинальной игры S.T.A.L.K.E.R. в 2011 год.
    Группа сталкеров впервые подобралась к самому сердцу Зоны - Чернобыльской АЭС, спровоцировав катаклизм, который едва не привел к катастрофе. Грандиозный Выброс аномальной энергии изменяет Зону. Проверенных и относительно безопасных дорог больше нет. Целые уровни пропадают в сполохах аномалий. Сталкеры и даже экспедиции гибнут или оказываются запертыми на пропавших территориях. Новые территории, о которых ничего не было известно со времени появления Зоны, появляются на карте Зоны. Зону продолжают сотрясать выбросы. Зона нестабильна. Аномальная активность максимальна.
    Изменения известной сталкерам карты Зоны нарушает хрупкий баланс сил в Зоне. Между группировками разгорается вражда за новые территории, поля артефактов и сферы влияния. Больше нет старых врагов или друзей – теперь каждый сам за себя. Между фракциями началась Война Группировок.
  8. Jun 5, 2019
    of course the game is worse than call of Pripyat but the play is interesting and keeps the ambiance
  9. Sep 18, 2021
    ====================IIIIIIIIII GAME SCORE : 71 IIIIIIIIII====================
  10. Jun 5, 2019
    I would give this game 9 for it's climate, storyline and overall immersion. From all Stalker games, which are famous not only because they are great, but also because of s***tload of bugs they contain, this one is the worst when it comes to technical issues. Seriously - bush acts like a goddamn concrete bunker for a bandit sitting and chilling in it? Bugs that prevents player fromI would give this game 9 for it's climate, storyline and overall immersion. From all Stalker games, which are famous not only because they are great, but also because of s***tload of bugs they contain, this one is the worst when it comes to technical issues. Seriously - bush acts like a goddamn concrete bunker for a bandit sitting and chilling in it? Bugs that prevents player from finishing main quests in final version? Developers made it ten times more problematic than still bugged as hell Shadow of Chernobyl. Nonetheless - amazing, must-have game with lots and lots of issues. Expand
  11. May 23, 2021
    Alguna vez que otra oí hablar o vi en Steam esta trilogía ( por el momento) y siempre me llamó la atención, Yo como fan de Metro no podía dejar pasar este título y más después de haber jugado a Escape from Tarkov, me encontré con un juego muy de nicho... pero no del todo pulido.

Gráficamente no envejeció muy bien y personalmente recomiendo instalar algún Mod gráfico para ver todo más nítido y disfrutar así más del juego, la ambientación es buena y más hablando de la época que era y logra transmitir lo que el mundo quiere que sientas.

En el Gameplay hay un factor que falla y que siendo un juego survival de tiros es inaceptable, el gunplay de este título esta muy por debajo de lo esperado, si bien tiene las mecánicas y unas ideas la ejecución es muy mejorable.

La banda sonora es casi inexistente pero lo solventa con un sonido del entorno aceptable y envolvente.

La historia no termina de enganchar a nadie, parece una escusa para avanzar durante la partida.

Definitivamente es un juego que recomiendo si te gusta este estilo de juegos, pero no os voy a engañar puede ser el peor a elegir.
  12. Apr 17, 2020
    По мне, самая невзрачная часть серии, которая сильно увлеклась повтором идей предыдущей части.
  13. Apr 30, 2020
    Зря потраченое время. Сюжет такое себе. Играть только если очень нравится эта серия игр и есть достаточно свободного времени.
  14. Jun 26, 2020
    Моя любимая часть сталкера на удивление, понравилась возможность вступления в фракции
  15. Dec 12, 2021
    Мда, мне первая половина игры реально понравилась, и я уж был обрадовался, так как мне первая часть не очень нравиться, Но вторая часть и концовка это просто п"здец. Последние часы игры ( миссия на мосте, Лиманск, ЧАЭС ), где я думал что будет еще лучше чем в начале игры и разработчики могли сделать что-то действительно интересное и запоминающееся а по факту на вас просто вывалили огромноеМда, мне первая половина игры реально понравилась, и я уж был обрадовался, так как мне первая часть не очень нравиться, Но вторая часть и концовка это просто п"здец. Последние часы игры ( миссия на мосте, Лиманск, ЧАЭС ), где я думал что будет еще лучше чем в начале игры и разработчики могли сделать что-то действительно интересное и запоминающееся а по факту на вас просто вывалили огромное число враждебно настроенных мобов, Очень жалко и обидно лично мне, потому как именно в Чистом Небе, в отличие от оригинальной игры здесь многое сделали правильно и интересно на мой взгляд: тут и аномалии с артефактами, прокачку и апгрейды, - наличие точек "своих" "нейтралов" и "врагов" на карте в КПК
    - возможность быстрого перехода по локации с помощью "точек быстрого перемещения"
    - Ну а минусы это кровотечение, от одной пули получать кровотечение и нужно вечно штопаться бинтом. Что за бредовая механика?
    - сюжетная миссия от моста перед Лиманским длится просто часами. Я запасся под тысячу патронами, и думал может этого хоть хватит, но нет, разрабы решили сделать одну огромную и 2 мелких локаций под эту единую часть сюжетки без единого бинта, аптечки и возможности взять перерыв в сюжетной кампании и вернуться, починиться, затариться патронами и т.д.
    - оружие клинит буквально постоянно, стоит им попользоваться минут 10-15. Вокруг тебя десятки врагов, а ты перезаряжаешься каждые 3 патрона, так как оружие просто заклинило. Разброс у оружия даже со всеми модификациями огромен! Куда угодно, но только не в прицел.
    - после одной из миссий теряешь все деньги, что успел накопить. Пришлось переигрывать и закупать ненужные вещи втридорога, и заникать в ящике.

Сталкер Чистое Небо - это не игра, а полный кошмар, уничтожитель нервных клеток. Вот можно ее пройти чисто чтобы поставить себе "галочку", что ты прошел тот самый знаменитый "Сталкер" и быть в курсе дела перед выходом Сталкер 2, но возвращаться сюда вновь и вновь нет никакого желания.
  16. Nov 15, 2021
    the game ist that great, story is amazing but just story, gunplay is trash if u dont have upgrades and they're not cheap, u are always bleeding and in every fight u can see grenades flying towards u
  17. Sep 6, 2020
    "Третий сын дурачок" в серии. Кривоватенькая, но душевность вытягивает. Локации не такие интересные и сюжет тоже. Багов не застал, играл не на старте. Графику хорошо подтянули. DX10 в 2008 удивил.
  18. Sep 6, 2021
    было лишним вводить группировки абсолютно ненужная механика
  19. Dec 18, 2021
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
  20. Feb 20, 2021
    Better looking game than Call of Pripyat, basically a remaster of SoC.
    But they tried to fix the lackluster Ai by adding more artificial difficulty, like making you bleed to death every single time you get hit (would be an okay feature if bandages werent scarce and expensive) or npcs throwing pin point accurate grenades that almost immediately explode.
    The gunplay doesnt feel right, some
    Better looking game than Call of Pripyat, basically a remaster of SoC.
    The gunplay doesnt feel right, some guns literally wont hit anything, not because of realistic ballistics but because of stupid rpg like stats affecting them.
    They also added a bunch of call of duty type sections with unlimited spawning enemies where you are just supposed to run like an idiot to the end of the stage, which are stupid and dont fit at all.
    NPCs still "talk" with you with a huge wall of text all over them which i find to be one the biggest flaws in this franchise.
    There is also not much reason to get involved in the faction war or do side quests, you do them just to get a little more play time and experience more of the amazing atmosphere of the game.
  21. Jul 28, 2021
    Немного не такой интересный сюжет у игры (четсно говоря я вообще его не помню), но улучшенная зона, тема с радарами артефактов и группировками дополнили первую часть. Но так как прорывного ничего нет, то бал немного ниже чем у тени чернобыля. Проходи не задерживайся.Немного не такой интересный сюжет у игры (четсно говоря я вообще его не помню), но улучшенная зона, тема с радарами артефактов и группировками дополнили первую часть. Но так как прорывного ничего нет, то бал немного ниже чем у тени чернобыля. Проходи не задерживайся.
  22. Aug 9, 2021
    ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣
  23. Apr 21, 2022
    Weakest of the three STALKER games, but do not get mistaken for It definitely isn't a bad game.
  24. May 6, 2022
    Харашо Харашо Харашо Харашо Харашо Харашо Харашо Харашо Харашо Харашо Харашо
  25. JoshQ
    Nov 7, 2008
    Baffling why they drastically changed atmosphere.... What used to be an irradiated, gloomy world with a few makeshift safe havens has become a happy partyland with some turf wars. It's as if the producers said let's trash our award winning atmosphere and slap a shitty story onto it and we'll call it a prequel, apparently their old company was right in restricting these guys.
  26. Jan 1, 2013
    (I will talk about the latest vanilla version, from steam)
    (I will talk about the latest vanilla version, from steam)
    I had the game in '08, a cracked version. I played for about an hour. I couldn't play more because of the bugs in the main quest. It's OK for a game to have bugs, but in main quest? Was CS not tested at all? After the discount in steam (new year sale), i bought the game, hoping to be able to play it this time. And having played the game for 21 hours, it was OK. There were crashes at least two times than SoC, but it was bearable. Being a member of a faction is very fun too, I really wanted that in SoC. Although faction quests and other side quests are very repetitive, I fought for factions for more than 5-6 hours. There is a point in faction wars in which you cannot do anything anymore, but before reaching there, it's very fun. So far so good, right? Let's talk about game mechanics. I'm not a very good FPS player but I have a habit that whenever I play an FPS game, I select the hardest difficulty level. But guess what? CS is hard. Really hard. Of four difficulty levels, I selected 4, after playing for 20 minutes at most, I had to change to 3, then 2. But it's not because I was acting stupid, I always play RPG-like FPS games slowly, have more equipment, better weapons and armor, then go. After the enemies started throwing grenades, I realized that was not my fault. That was the AI. They hit you. Hard. And when they throw a grenade, it lands at most 50 centimeters from your feet. Then boom, quick load. The loading times are much longer than Max Payne 3. I think they should change the loading strategy if you're loading the same map. Steam tells me I played 21 hours and i think about 1 hour of it is loading. And about storyline. I read some comments about how bad the story is, but I liked it. I don't want to give spoilers but come on people, the last part was really good (and hard).
    Overall, it's a good game, not as good as SoC but good enough for it's price (currently $2.5). The AI could have been better, game logic could have been better, side quests could have been more interesting. But still, it's a S.T.A.L.K.E.R., the essence is still there.
  27. Dec 1, 2015
    It s ok but to much repaet locations and bugs but OK .
    . . .
  28. Feb 21, 2012
    Dont waste your time with clear sky version 1.5.10, it is close to unplayable:

Dont waste your time with clear sky version 1.5.10, it is close to unplayable:

Installed Game, patched it to 1.5.10, installed clear sky complete 2009 mod. Game refused to start. Googled for that problem. Known bug. Googled for hotfix. Downloaded and installed it. Game started finally. Played 3 hours. Game crashed. Savegames corrupted and completely destroyed by the crash. Started game once again from the start. Experienced frequent game crashes at least once per hour. Played like 20 hours. Reached yantar region. Main storyline quest bugged. Googled for that problem. Known bug, can not be fixxed. 2 current savegames again useless. Noticed that older backup savegame is 2 days old. Stopped playing game. Go to metacritic and write 03/10 review.

Seriously just wait for some more patches or modifications that take care of above mentioned problems. Current clear sky version is not enjoyable.
  29. LarryL
    Sep 30, 2008
    SoC with mods is still better, but this game has great potential once the modders sand out the shortcomings of the vanilla version. There are plenty of bugs, but the community patch for 1.504 fixes most of them. Graphics are nice but you need a great rig to run them.
  30. Aug 24, 2012
    What a pathetic game. I struggled to bring myself to complete this one. So many bugs, flaws, and poor design. Forget about running the game with dynamic lighting, you'll get only about 5-10 FPS with that enabled even with a modern PC. The turf war is introduced in the beginning but that is the last you will hear about it as the main storyline is strictly linear with no player choices.What a pathetic game. I struggled to bring myself to complete this one. So many bugs, flaws, and poor design. Forget about running the game with dynamic lighting, you'll get only about 5-10 FPS with that enabled even with a modern PC. The turf war is introduced in the beginning but that is the last you will hear about it as the main storyline is strictly linear with no player choices. Twice during my playthough i came to an unavoidable part where i would lose all of my money. This in effect caused me to be unable to purchase any higher end armor so when i reached the later stage of the game i had poor armor that was basically ineffective. Aimbotting enemies that can see through bushs and brush, and that can land a grenade directly at your feet from 50+ yards ruins the game even further. The map is expansive, but unfortunately it is almost a complete carbon copy from the first game with the exception of 2-3 areas. Weapons degrade faster than a condom and you will often find your gun jamming at the most inopportune times, unable to buy a better weapon or repair your current one because the game decided to rob you of all your cash a few missions earlier. "Friendlies" will randomly become hostile to you for no reason, even ones that are supposed to give you some dialogue, this forces you to reload a previous save again and again until the game decides to act like it is meant to. The atmosphere is even worse than the first one, there are no scares or exploration, it's basically just a straight up shooter. Overall it is just a complete disaster of a game that you should avoid at all costs. Expand
  31. josh
    Sep 7, 2009
    Where as STALKER SoC is around a 9/10, especially overhauled (modded graphics, fixes, tweaks). This is simply because everything STALKER was praised for was dropped for a different style. Where as SoC was a lonewolf survival/horror game, Clear Sky makes a poor attempt as some kind of squad based all out shooter. There's far too many human beings to consider the zone desolate in this Where as STALKER SoC is around a 9/10, especially overhauled (modded graphics, fixes, tweaks). This is simply because everything STALKER was praised for was dropped for a different style. Where as SoC was a lonewolf survival/horror game, Clear Sky makes a poor attempt as some kind of squad based all out shooter. There's far too many human beings to consider the zone desolate in this one, far too little mutants and and jumpy encounters to consider it survival/horror and both of these combined just rips the atmosphere away from STALKER. While this different game isn't too bad and worth a play through or too it is definitely a step backwards from the original. Expand
  32. BigJim
    Sep 30, 2008
    Hmmm, lets see, I think I've seen most of this game before. Oh YEAH! Stalker: SOC. As a matter of fact, they RECYCLED better than 75% of SOC for Clear Sky. Don't expect to see anything new here. Same old guns, same old areas, same old monsters, same old NPC's. Little to no atmosphere. Just a series of go and kill quests and a vague storyline that never quite came together Hmmm, lets see, I think I've seen most of this game before. Oh YEAH! Stalker: SOC. As a matter of fact, they RECYCLED better than 75% of SOC for Clear Sky. Don't expect to see anything new here. Same old guns, same old areas, same old monsters, same old NPC's. Little to no atmosphere. Just a series of go and kill quests and a vague storyline that never quite came together for me. Pass this one up and reload Stalker SoC. Expand
  33. DanJ.
    Oct 3, 2008
    Game was a great revision to graphics and some gameplay. I am not real crazy about the new energy level and bleeding for the player. Its way to easy to die or run out of energy. It puts a premium on bandages and medkits like never before. But like I said the graphics have come a long way, but the storyline has mediocre. Pros- Much better graphics Ability to upgrade weapons Better gun Game was a great revision to graphics and some gameplay. I am not real crazy about the new energy level and bleeding for the player. Its way to easy to die or run out of energy. It puts a premium on bandages and medkits like never before. But like I said the graphics have come a long way, but the storyline has mediocre. Pros- Much better graphics Ability to upgrade weapons Better gun models New weapons Cons- Mediocre storyline Player energy level and bleeding may make the game harder and less fun than it should be. Expand
  34. MatthewC.
    Oct 5, 2008
    Again, like SoC, could have been a great game but poor pathfinding, bugs a-plenty and unbalanced difficulty make it merely a good game.
  35. Dark
    Nov 4, 2008
    A bad game. Its fun to stray around for a few hours, but it becomes boring quickly. Then I tried the faction system, well thats a huge ripoff, it sucks horribly. After around 4h of gaming it got so boring that i decided there had to be something more there, something thats fun to play. Well 15h played and its even more boring.
  36. bobw.
    Sep 19, 2008
    Game is great till half way through if you avoid the bugs of which there are loads. After the half way mark the story dies and I was left thinking why the hell am I playing this game. Huge fan of SoC but found this to be a poor cash in of the back of the original. Please wait a few months while the rest of the public work as the lab rats finding all the bugs and flaws in this poorly Game is great till half way through if you avoid the bugs of which there are loads. After the half way mark the story dies and I was left thinking why the hell am I playing this game. Huge fan of SoC but found this to be a poor cash in of the back of the original. Please wait a few months while the rest of the public work as the lab rats finding all the bugs and flaws in this poorly tested game before even thinking of buying it and with any luck you may have a better experience of the game than I had. Expand
  37. ZeeKat
    Dec 17, 2009
    There's a lot of promising stuff at the beginning - new Clear Sky faction with cool NPC models, a bit of new, atmospheric terrain, some interesting gameplay changes like a new way of finding artifacts or faction wars (with new combat AI). Unfortunately good ideas are brought down by a shoddy execution and bad design - once we leave inital areas of the game turns out about a half of There's a lot of promising stuff at the beginning - new Clear Sky faction with cool NPC models, a bit of new, atmospheric terrain, some interesting gameplay changes like a new way of finding artifacts or faction wars (with new combat AI). Unfortunately good ideas are brought down by a shoddy execution and bad design - once we leave inital areas of the game turns out about a half of game's areas are lazy rehashes of SOC maps, story feels flat, game's still buggy as hell, faction wars are barely working, nights in game were reworked to be darker yet still there's no option to sleep through them etc. Gameplay feels badly balanced as well, last part of the game is basically one long corridor with tedious and unnecesarily hard battles (enemies are tossing grenades in large numbers with perfect accuracy, INCREDIBLY annoying). All of this makes the game feel rushed and/or half-assed. Shame, because it's often beautiful and atmospheric like the first one. Well, at least Call of Pripyat is better :> Expand
  38. JaredJ
    Feb 15, 2009
    After playing the first even though it had no story, I was excited to see what new dangers lurk in this mysterious radioactive land. Needless to say, biggest disappointment of my gaming days! Iron-sights are a joke A.I. has decreased severly and damage control is impossible. You get a head-shot and nothing happens, you get hit once and suffer 30% - 73% health loss and bleed for 1% health After playing the first even though it had no story, I was excited to see what new dangers lurk in this mysterious radioactive land. Needless to say, biggest disappointment of my gaming days! Iron-sights are a joke A.I. has decreased severly and damage control is impossible. You get a head-shot and nothing happens, you get hit once and suffer 30% - 73% health loss and bleed for 1% health ever half a second. Yes the world looks younger and more cleaner, but the only thing that's changed is the quality of the game. Please just play or re-play the first and confuse yourself trying to understand it, or play this and be disgusted with it after about and hour. 2 for new world. Expand
  39. TommyF
    Apr 24, 2009
    Clear sky is a huge disappointment compared to SoC. It's has even more bugs, including BSoDs, it optimization for dx10 is terrible, and the atmosphere just wasn't as good as the first game. GSC gameworld should have kept THQ as their publisher. After playing CS, it feels like THQ was the only thing keeping up GSC's almost non-existent quality control and testing standards. Clear sky is a huge disappointment compared to SoC. It's has even more bugs, including BSoDs, it optimization for dx10 is terrible, and the atmosphere just wasn't as good as the first game. GSC gameworld should have kept THQ as their publisher. After playing CS, it feels like THQ was the only thing keeping up GSC's almost non-existent quality control and testing standards. Now that they're doing it on their own with deepsilver its obvious that the game was rushed and badly programed. Expand
  40. ave
    Oct 20, 2015
    I've played S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky just after discovering Shadow of Tchernobyl.

Except some improvements in the rendering engine (mostly lighting) and the interface (HUD and Inventory), the gameplay is mostly the same, so you won't be lost in this new opus. The most important element of gameplay provided here is the Mechanic guy, who can repair and upgrade your equipment (armor,

The most important element of gameplay provided here is the Mechanic guy, who can repair and upgrade your equipment (armor, weapons). Being able to customize your gear early really add to the game.

In spite of this, I encountered a huge difficulty wall after cleaning the "swamp". After emerging from a huge pipe, I'm confronted with about 20 soldiers and a huge machinegun. This was a halt for me and I never succeeded in exploring what the game had to offer.

I didn't like it because I played leisurely in easy mode (that was hard enough for me). I would have accepted it after like 4 to 5h of play, like in Shadow of Tchernobyl, when you emerge inside the soldier camp !

So in spite of its qualities, I really cannot recommend this game who doesn't want to be played even in easy mode.
  41. Sep 16, 2011
    This game provides many things good - shooting is competent, open world is charm and full of secret. Unfortunately, everythings is ruined by technical issues and bad optimalization. I can survive this in game like GTA IV (where's fantastic story) but here it's salt in the wound.
  42. chris
    Dec 31, 2009
    Delivering really neat visuals in the way of changing weather and alternating between day and night seamlessly is not enough to make this game good. So let me explain a scenario that enlightens you about the nature of the firefights in this game (half of the game, with the other half being walking). You quick save right before you make your attack on two enemies sitting down beside a Delivering really neat visuals in the way of changing weather and alternating between day and night seamlessly is not enough to make this game good. So let me explain a scenario that enlightens you about the nature of the firefights in this game (half of the game, with the other half being walking). You quick save right before you make your attack on two enemies sitting down beside a campfire back facing you. You shoot one in the head, this makes him decide to stand up. As you shoot him in the head point blank a few more times his friend has started filling you with lead at a rapid rate. After emptying the whole clip into this one guys forehead he may or may not die, but I guarantee you will die from this experience, many times. And you know the great thing about this is? (notice the sarcasm plz) Even though you quick saved with your enemies completely unaware of your presence when you quick load they are alerted, and sometimes not even in the same position! Its ridiculous. You can empty a whole clip from about 100 yrds into a bad guy with single shot firing and not even kill him. Yet somehow they can shoot you from 400 yrds and take half your health each shot. If you want to be frustrated I suggest many other things instead of spending $5 on this game. Here are some suggestions. Buy 2 decks of cards and try to stack them all into a pyramid. Get five ones turned into change and throw it all into a pond that freezes over in the winter, then when it freezes cut a hole in the ice and try to swim to the bottom and collect it all. Expand
  43. VicS.
    Oct 8, 2008
    I'm not sure how, but other than graphics and weapon mods almost eveything is worse than SoC. all the shinning qualites it has don't mean a thing the second you come face to face with an enemy and realise that the developers dropped the Intelligence part of AI. prepare to be shot in the dark from a mile out - or stand next to an enemy, shoot him with a shotgun and all he does is I'm not sure how, but other than graphics and weapon mods almost eveything is worse than SoC. all the shinning qualites it has don't mean a thing the second you come face to face with an enemy and realise that the developers dropped the Intelligence part of AI. prepare to be shot in the dark from a mile out - or stand next to an enemy, shoot him with a shotgun and all he does is turn to walk the other way. or how about this, they all start firing at you, you take cover behind a wall, and next time you look around the corner they've forgotten they were after you. huh? hands down worst AI i've ever encountered, EVER! wait for fallout 3 and farcry 2. this game is pitiful, SoC was the real deal. Expand
  44. Maggot
    Mar 2, 2009
    Very poorly designed game. The idea is very good, but executed in a terrible manner. The game combat seems to feel the same throughout the game. Nothing really original about this game; Originality is what is making the great modern games amazing. After playing games like FEAR 2 and Fallout 3, a few hours of this game seemed like a joke. Its kinda sad, especially since I was really Very poorly designed game. The idea is very good, but executed in a terrible manner. The game combat seems to feel the same throughout the game. Nothing really original about this game; Originality is what is making the great modern games amazing. After playing games like FEAR 2 and Fallout 3, a few hours of this game seemed like a joke. Its kinda sad, especially since I was really looking forward to this game. Expand
  45. Oct 9, 2010
    Is "S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky" a step backwards to the series? The answer is yes an no. Clear Sky brings quite a few new things to the series. Atmospherically and geographically is better, but there are far more bugs in this game than in the previous game. Also, the battle system can be quite unbalanced and unfair. Of course, with a few patches the game would be at around 8.5/10. FinalIs "S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky" a step backwards to the series? The answer is yes an no. Clear Sky brings quite a few new things to the series. Atmospherically and geographically is better, but there are far more bugs in this game than in the previous game. Also, the battle system can be quite unbalanced and unfair. Of course, with a few patches the game would be at around 8.5/10. Final verdict: "S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky" surpasses the previous game in some aspects, but it feels that the game wasn't completely finished. Still, when it comes to having fun and exploring, Clear Sky can never get boring. Expand
  46. Aug 7, 2011
    As much as I try to love this game, I simply can't. The developers completely ignored the first game and its issues and seemed to have thought that allowing a stupid AI, clunky and unresponsive controls would result in a more realistic approach...wrong! You literally shoot enemies 3-5 times in the head and they are still alive, it's absolutely disgraceful. The game has such a great storyAs much as I try to love this game, I simply can't. The developers completely ignored the first game and its issues and seemed to have thought that allowing a stupid AI, clunky and unresponsive controls would result in a more realistic approach...wrong! You literally shoot enemies 3-5 times in the head and they are still alive, it's absolutely disgraceful. The game has such a great story behind it, but the actual control, feel and design of the game is so bad that you will shut it off immediately. Even after several hours of trying to enjoy it, I simply can't get over the fact that it's so repetitive, dull and badly designed that you spend 80% of the time in the game dying and running, even on the lowest difficulty. Avoid buying this game before the developers learn how to script and not sell garbage. Expand
  47. Aug 17, 2011
    This game was the absolute bomb, up until I got around the first 2 maps and the storms of bugs continued. This game was abosolutely fantastic and had a great potential but an abundance of crashes and errors plagued me. First entering the Garbage made me crash, then after walking around Dark Valley some the game would crash with a consistency of once every minute. Tryed download CompleteThis game was the absolute bomb, up until I got around the first 2 maps and the storms of bugs continued. This game was abosolutely fantastic and had a great potential but an abundance of crashes and errors plagued me. First entering the Garbage made me crash, then after walking around Dark Valley some the game would crash with a consistency of once every minute. Tryed download Complete mod and it made the game not start. Figured out that problem and eventually it started crashing again at Limansk. The upgrade trees for assualt rifles was pretty easy to choose(100%accuracy is much better compared to 100%rate of fire, wasting away your precious bullets). I disliked how Bloodsuckers were made. Invincible while invisible which basically meant you had to wait for it to hit you before you could kill it. But after getting Complete and without crashes for maybe 75% of the single player, made this game fun to the max. Faction system, artifacts weren't a common thing to find, upgrading your weapons, and a more controled quest system, made this game wonderous and I would have given it a perfect score if it was coded and fixed better then it was. Expand
  48. Sep 29, 2012
    Wrost optimalizing game, in Stalker games. But its my favourite. Contains a lot of bug, but i don't care. I liked the fractions in the game. The game have a lots of gametime.
  49. MatB
    Jun 20, 2009
    Easily one of the best games I have ever played--up to a point. This game suffers from the classic problem of becoming less and less stable with each additional hour of gameplay. Eventually I found myself avoiding areas entirely due to recurring crashes that persist even with the most recent patch. Still, I was able to enjoy this game significantly before things went horribly, horribly Easily one of the best games I have ever played--up to a point. This game suffers from the classic problem of becoming less and less stable with each additional hour of gameplay. Eventually I found myself avoiding areas entirely due to recurring crashes that persist even with the most recent patch. Still, I was able to enjoy this game significantly before things went horribly, horribly wrong, and GSC is still patching it, so I give it an 8 until they iron out some of these bugs. (And if you haven't experienced the CTDs, play for a few more hours, they will show themselves sooner or later). Expand
  50. lizard
    Nov 9, 2008
    I wish I could give this game a better score as the original was a fantastic game and Clear Sky does do a lot of things right but the negative aspects are just too big to ignore. The worst aspect of clear sky are the bugs, it took 2 patches before it was even playable and even then constant saving was a must, several quests got broken and I was unable to complete them even though I I wish I could give this game a better score as the original was a fantastic game and Clear Sky does do a lot of things right but the negative aspects are just too big to ignore. The worst aspect of clear sky are the bugs, it took 2 patches before it was even playable and even then constant saving was a must, several quests got broken and I was unable to complete them even though I fulfilled the necessary requirements, luckily none of the main quests broke and I was able to make it through the game on my 3rd attempt, I also excperienced a high number of desktop crashes. I Think the fact that I attempted to play the game through 3 times is testament to some of the game's better features, it still has the same great atmosphere of the first game and the new areas of the zone are pretty cool, I especially liked the swamps level. The faction war system when it's working makes for a more dynamic game environment. I like the fact that it's more difficult to make money as it makes some of the smaller quests more relevant, I also like the fact that artifacts are more difficult to find. All in all I did enjoy this game but it should never have been released in such an unfinnished state, it still manages to knock spots off Far Cry 2 though. Expand
  51. Cyjhkz
    Dec 31, 2008
    The only things it improves on the original is that it has an increased weight limit, upgrades, and repair. Nearly everything else is inferior to the first, and it makes this game feel like a generic FPS with the RPG necessity to grind for resources. Unless you're a graphics whore, literally no reason to get this over the original.
  52. Nut
    Oct 27, 2008
    Overall good but it's too similar with the original Shadow of Chernobyl. Many levels are the same but it doesn't really matter. It's infact nice to see some of the old places. First half of this game is good. Second feels rushed. The missions are quite pointless and the story is shallow but it's nice to wander around the zone anyway. One flaw is that you can't get Overall good but it's too similar with the original Shadow of Chernobyl. Many levels are the same but it doesn't really matter. It's infact nice to see some of the old places. First half of this game is good. Second feels rushed. The missions are quite pointless and the story is shallow but it's nice to wander around the zone anyway. One flaw is that you can't get back from one of the latter levels. Most disappointing is the ending. They could have put more thought on this and make better levels. This feels a bit like a rerun. Still, I enjoyed it. Expand
  53. DaveC.
    Sep 22, 2008
    Started out promising (although the graphics aren't as marvelous as they might be, it's certainly no Crysis) but then gets just as frustrating as the original, with the radiation and clunky inventory system getting annoying within the first hour of play.
  54. BrendanD.
    Sep 7, 2008
    The graphics are beautiful, gameplay is fun, but it's still quite buggy, even after patching.
  55. daveP
    Jan 9, 2009
    I absolutely loved SoC, but other than the graphics this game is garbage. The guns sound muffled and weak, eniemies take LOADS of damage, grenades are very ineffective, thats just a start. The lack of atmosphere is also a huge letdown. This game is just bad.
  56. Jan 27, 2011
    If you loved STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl, liked the pacing and the free-roaming and the eerie atmosphere, this is not the game for you. If you hated S:SoC because the goals weren't timed and didn't change randomly, you didn't have to sprint between goals ignoring everything in between to make it in time, there wasn't enough talk talk talk talk, and gameplay wasn't run & gun, then this isIf you loved STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl, liked the pacing and the free-roaming and the eerie atmosphere, this is not the game for you. If you hated S:SoC because the goals weren't timed and didn't change randomly, you didn't have to sprint between goals ignoring everything in between to make it in time, there wasn't enough talk talk talk talk, and gameplay wasn't run & gun, then this is the game for you.

Massive disappointment.
  57. Nov 15, 2013
    The first Stalker game (SoC) was pretty good, and I had great hopes for this one, but... the game has very little atmosphere, there are close to no underground locations, and although I can now fix worn out weapons (a huge step forward since SoC), the entire game is just.... shooting and walking, walking and shooting. And why? Why am I doing this? The story is there, I think, but... IThe first Stalker game (SoC) was pretty good, and I had great hopes for this one, but... the game has very little atmosphere, there are close to no underground locations, and although I can now fix worn out weapons (a huge step forward since SoC), the entire game is just.... shooting and walking, walking and shooting. And why? Why am I doing this? The story is there, I think, but... I have no interest in it unlike with SoC.

So the setting is cool, the weapons too, and some of the locations, but...

No thanks. I am disappointed.
  58. JacoP
    Aug 15, 2009
    All the user review which gave this game more than 5 have to be by the developers of this game I'm sure. There is no way a sane person would rate this game higher than 3. I give it a 0, because I abandoned this game after spending less than 2 hours with it - angry and wanting your money back. Don't waste your money on this excuse for a game! It is a horrible unplayable mess All the user review which gave this game more than 5 have to be by the developers of this game I'm sure. There is no way a sane person would rate this game higher than 3. I give it a 0, because I abandoned this game after spending less than 2 hours with it - angry and wanting your money back. Don't waste your money on this excuse for a game! It is a horrible unplayable mess which breaks some the cardinal rules of games: 1) Long, borgin, unskipable cut scenes. 2) Patches break your save games . 3) Friendly NPCs have infinite mass and push you inside walls when you are trying to take cover, and the only way to get them to stop doing that is to kill them. This game is a terrible masochistic experience which will leave you angry and disappointed. Expand
  59. KevinK
    Nov 29, 2009
    I agree with what most people said: This game had a great idea behind it, but the game itself was designed very poorly. Let me list a couple of things off the top of my head. 1. Awkward controls. With sudden speed changes when changing directions and jerky crouch, you feel you are controlling robot. 2. UI and HUD are very ugly and confusing. Didn't even know what I was looking at. 3. I agree with what most people said: This game had a great idea behind it, but the game itself was designed very poorly. Let me list a couple of things off the top of my head. 1. Awkward controls. With sudden speed changes when changing directions and jerky crouch, you feel you are controlling robot. 2. UI and HUD are very ugly and confusing. Didn't even know what I was looking at. 3. Random and frequent crashing. No warning, no error messages. Randomly crashes straight to desktop. 4. NPCs are just plain annoying. Combined with their heavily accented voices and constant nagging when you're near them, it makes for a very frustrating environment. Plus they talk too much. 5. There is no way to skip time. If you hate exploring at night, deal with it. 6. Overall, everything feels cheap and everything is complicated and tedious. This game is similar to Fallout 3 but nowhere near as good. Expand
  60. Jul 29, 2012
    WHAT MAKES THIS GAME SO DAMN GOOD, i mean this game is amazing ( the others where better ) but i mean this is so different so unique not turned into crap ( me 3, crysis 2, hf2 episode1 and 2, new vegas ) ok some of those are good but not as good as there prequels, this game is good get it for $30 or less the ai are smart, the rpg elements are very well integrated, WARNING THIS GAME ISWHAT MAKES THIS GAME SO DAMN GOOD, i mean this game is amazing ( the others where better ) but i mean this is so different so unique not turned into crap ( me 3, crysis 2, hf2 episode1 and 2, new vegas ) ok some of those are good but not as good as there prequels, this game is good get it for $30 or less the ai are smart, the rpg elements are very well integrated, WARNING THIS GAME IS SCARY AND CREEPY, no doubt it is scary as hell scarier then dead space 1, and fear combined. just amazing get it if you want a new game too add to your favorites list Expand
  61. MikeP
    Aug 17, 2009
    That game is amazing and I will give it a 10 but that is only for a idea. gameplay deserves 2 or even less!!! I love too play it. Upgrading your gear, looking for artifacts, joining factions... all that is awesome! but damage system IS TERRIBLE. even accuracy fix didnt help (even made it wors because now enemies never miss). WHAT THE HELL?! I have to hit a guy TEN TIMES using a most That game is amazing and I will give it a 10 but that is only for a idea. gameplay deserves 2 or even less!!! I love too play it. Upgrading your gear, looking for artifacts, joining factions... all that is awesome! but damage system IS TERRIBLE. even accuracy fix didnt help (even made it wors because now enemies never miss). WHAT THE HELL?! I have to hit a guy TEN TIMES using a most powerfull shotgun in the game to kill him?!!/1/1!??!?!/?!ONE!!?/?! Not that I am using shotguns all the times and I cant use any other gun, that was just an example When you hit for example a bandit so he starts to bend or crouch or grab his arm, he is invincible for the time of animation. moreover you have to empty whole clip into his body to kill him. In SoC you had to hit Monolith in Exo-skeleton JUST two times with colt to kill him. here I have to waste 5 clips to make him bleed... I didnt experience any bugs with or without any patches... the game is short... too short, even with all side quests and all that stuff. Story is kinda boring though. For me both those games were made in completly wrong way... it should be a game that has something more to its title that jus a Zone, artifacts nd stlakers. It should be less FPS and more RPG. like sit by the fire and talk to friends... tell them what happened to you today. clean your weapon (all assult rifles and sniper rifles should be removed leaving only shotguns (for hunting) and pistols (for killing yourself or someone else) it should be focused more on artifact finding and LIVING IN/WITH THE ZONE (that is very important) that is what book was about.... that is what game should be about... Expand
  62. Mar 3, 2011
    Great game but. This is a great game story line is good game play is a little broken graphics are pretty good but there are a lot of bugs. One bug that happened to me a lot is the mission scripts wouldn't load and I had to restart the whole game a few times (make backup saves you wont regret it) atmosphere is pretty good if would have gotten a 10 if there were no bugs but I am knocking offGreat game but. This is a great game story line is good game play is a little broken graphics are pretty good but there are a lot of bugs. One bug that happened to me a lot is the mission scripts wouldn't load and I had to restart the whole game a few times (make backup saves you wont regret it) atmosphere is pretty good if would have gotten a 10 if there were no bugs but I am knocking off 2 points because of the bugs. Expand
  63. Dec 25, 2011
    An epic bugfest at the time of realease, CS got a fair amount of official patches and community mods since, bringing the game to playable quality, but still, it's by far the least good one in the series. If you're a die-hard fan of SoC, you can have some fun with this game too, but if you're not as forgiving, then you can pass on it with clear conscience.
  64. Jan 30, 2012
    Beautiful graphics, good story plot, but terrible design.

After playing the game for about an hour, I decided to give up. I got tired of dying every few minutes. How is a game supposed to be enjoyable, when anomalies appear out of nowhere and kill your character every few minutes? I guess the developers liked the loading screen more then playing the game. Because I spent a lot of time
    Beautiful graphics, good story plot, but terrible design.

I guess the developers liked the loading screen more then playing the game. Because I spent a lot of time loading after I was killed from anomalies.

Clear Sky is just no fun to play.
  65. CameronS.
    Oct 10, 2008
    I bought this game on Steam, thinking, SoC had a massive fanbase, so surely I can use this as a stepping stone into the Stalker universe, I've played it three times, each time no longer than 30 minutes. This is either due to the game crashing, or having an anneurism as a result of being exposed to such crap, and accidentally knocking alt F4 on my way to the floor. Maybe I'm just I bought this game on Steam, thinking, SoC had a massive fanbase, so surely I can use this as a stepping stone into the Stalker universe, I've played it three times, each time no longer than 30 minutes. This is either due to the game crashing, or having an anneurism as a result of being exposed to such crap, and accidentally knocking alt F4 on my way to the floor. Maybe I'm just not giving the game a chance? Probably not, but I doubt I'll ever open it again, save your money. Expand
  66. Dec 16, 2011
    Lots of people say this game is different from SoC/CoP, but that's just the best part. It's not some blotchy atmosphericless sequel that has barely any connection to the other games, it just lets you see the Zone from a different point of view - clan wars. As uninteresting and faraway from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. that may sound, they actually implemented this feature very well, cutting off someLots of people say this game is different from SoC/CoP, but that's just the best part. It's not some blotchy atmosphericless sequel that has barely any connection to the other games, it just lets you see the Zone from a different point of view - clan wars. As uninteresting and faraway from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. that may sound, they actually implemented this feature very well, cutting off some parts and adding others to increase its quality. I think it's a nice little improvement. After all, they mixed SoC and CS gameplay in CoP (groups forming out of similar clan members and on-the-spot clan wars) and it looked, and still does, great. Expand
  67. Oct 19, 2011
    Adding better systems to SoC this game pushes the post apocalyptic fps-rpg genre forward in a very positive way. Beautiful designs, amazing sound, and a general feel that only the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series could create. The ending may be a let down, but my tip is not to get there, this is a game that i sunk over 150 hours into just exploring and living within the atmospheric zone. If you are aAdding better systems to SoC this game pushes the post apocalyptic fps-rpg genre forward in a very positive way. Beautiful designs, amazing sound, and a general feel that only the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series could create. The ending may be a let down, but my tip is not to get there, this is a game that i sunk over 150 hours into just exploring and living within the atmospheric zone. If you are a gun fanatic you will drool over the weapon upgrade system! have 5 of the same gun model that all have a very distinctive and different feels that are used for drastically different situations! The shooter mechanics are brilliant and gunplay is challenging, buy this game if you want to truly experience a post-apocalyptic world, just turn the lights off, the sound up and lose yourself to the zone! Expand
  68. ThomasP
    Sep 16, 2008
    I hesitate to rate it so High just yet, but I cannot stand it, I am extremely impressed by this game. I was an avid fan of the first, and I never beat the story (got close, but bugs stopped me). My favorite thing about stalker is that there was a world that almost seemed alive, thanks to their A-Life system. If you liked surviving in the original stalker, clearing out mutant populations, I hesitate to rate it so High just yet, but I cannot stand it, I am extremely impressed by this game. I was an avid fan of the first, and I never beat the story (got close, but bugs stopped me). My favorite thing about stalker is that there was a world that almost seemed alive, thanks to their A-Life system. If you liked surviving in the original stalker, clearing out mutant populations, "befriending" random stalkers at small outposts, then I believe you will also be impressed, like I am. I actually like the concept of faction wars, and enjoy the stalkers traveling in squads to take positions. Also, some things were made more believable, like the weapons, they have a more (dare I say) COD4 feeling to them. There are too many things I want to write because I'm so exited by this game, but I dare not speak on them yet when I haven't played for more then 5 hrs. Get the game, it's worth it even for the first hour of the game. Expand
  69. HenricosK
    Jan 3, 2010
    I give it a 8 beacouse the enemies have to much hp it seems and some minor glitches and flaws but hey no game is perfect. but i abselotely love everything else the amazing effects and shadows the scary underground missions with the invisible things ripping you apart a game reccomended for everyone that likes FPS and RPG almost like fallout 3 only better :)
  70. JImV.
    Oct 8, 2008
    Hey J.S. Set your grapichs lower... it worked for me... :P And like PC Format and IGN UK said it need patches and mods. Its a great game and Big Jim has not gotten far if he didn't find new guns. Old guns will be there, if they didn't pass a 100 years or something... And, Yea.. stalker is made of mods :P I will buy Far Cry 2, but it will not be the same.
  71. MassaD
    Aug 28, 2008
    Beautiful game. Gameplay is a little awkward at times but makes up for it with its level design.
  72. DenK
    Aug 28, 2008
    I played it in the office of GSC Game World as a journalist. It still had bugs, but they are already making the second patch. This problem is the biggest one of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky. And, of course, the final, where you will meet with some badly put scripts and a bit dull gameplay - I speak about last 45 minutes of the game. But besides, the game is stunning and cool. As you all get I played it in the office of GSC Game World as a journalist. It still had bugs, but they are already making the second patch. This problem is the biggest one of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky. And, of course, the final, where you will meet with some badly put scripts and a bit dull gameplay - I speak about last 45 minutes of the game. But besides, the game is stunning and cool. As you all get two patches before release, you will see it even more complicated not to play this GAME. Of course, there will be some guys to tell you it's awful - but they always exist, really. At the end, I can just advice you to buy it. It's great. Expand
  73. RodB.
    Sep 18, 2008
    This game is a complete success. Everything from the atmosphere, to the combat is done flawlessly.
  74. JaeQ.
    Sep 21, 2008
    Vanilla-wise (Unmodded), this game sucks, imagine a game with the good points of a somewhat open world and a pretty cool setting, with just everything else so bad its seems like they did it purposely. Every gun is about as accurate if not less accurate than a musket from the 1700s, shooting through a scope is like playing a game of paintball, projectiles travel like 90 mph, literally. The Vanilla-wise (Unmodded), this game sucks, imagine a game with the good points of a somewhat open world and a pretty cool setting, with just everything else so bad its seems like they did it purposely. Every gun is about as accurate if not less accurate than a musket from the 1700s, shooting through a scope is like playing a game of paintball, projectiles travel like 90 mph, literally. The AI is as bad as everyone says, u can see the AI script in game, u can see how everytime an enemy comes to a possible cover spot he'll jump right over it no matter what, even if it proves to be more of a disadvantage. You can see how in the pitch black, 100 yds away, through 3 bushes, an enemy will put pinpoint accurate shots into you, with weapons that couldn't hit hit the broadside of a barn. Sure when our saviors like the Oblivion Lost team come by, we'll have a pretty sweet game, but that's tehir work not GSC's or Deepsilvers. Expand
  75. HondoursF.
    Sep 7, 2008
    A very good game that juggles atmosphere and intense fighting to create a fun and at times terrifying game.
  76. AcadianReviewer
    Sep 7, 2008
    -Incomplete Graphics and bad physics engine. -Cost is too high for game. -Storyline is so weak it can even hold a job. -Blue Screens if the player wants advanced features.
  77. KevinQ
    Dec 23, 2009
    After playing this game, I can say this, the game was awesome. The overall quaity, textures, graphics were terrific. The gameplay/mini quests makes you wanting for more. The storyline briefly connects to SoC well, making STALKER story more interesting. The weapons were the same, making it quite boring, however the animtions has improved. the game suffered some glitches, such as AI pushing After playing this game, I can say this, the game was awesome. The overall quaity, textures, graphics were terrific. The gameplay/mini quests makes you wanting for more. The storyline briefly connects to SoC well, making STALKER story more interesting. The weapons were the same, making it quite boring, however the animtions has improved. the game suffered some glitches, such as AI pushing you, weapons glitches etc. Overall, this game has some flaws, but the gameplay and the storyline make this game a perfect march for adveturers out there. Expand
  78. Toni
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don't understand why people talk about this game like it is biggest s*it they ever seen/play. How much as I can see, no one of them ever pass that great game. Because, if they did, things would be diffrent. My personal opinion is that, those bugs in game(and there are not so much of them) doesn't matter, if the story and the gameplay are great!!! There are many details in the I don't understand why people talk about this game like it is biggest s*it they ever seen/play. How much as I can see, no one of them ever pass that great game. Because, if they did, things would be diffrent. My personal opinion is that, those bugs in game(and there are not so much of them) doesn't matter, if the story and the gameplay are great!!! There are many details in the game. And they are all awesome, especialy weapons...The same thing is about S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC... Both games are "open world" and u can actually pass it on many, many, diffrent ways. All of ya who still think that game doesn't worth playing ... try passing more than 1 hour of gameplay. Expand
  79. MatT
    Feb 14, 2009
    I love this game its immense as the first one and everything is soo good about it.The firefights are just awesome and the AI use tactical advantages as flanking and supressing .i havent had a single bug thats really effected me during the game but one s'all is a quest to just collect a pda.But apart from that one bug everything is fine,This is a must get!
  80. ChrisN
    Apr 14, 2009
    This game, along with it's predecessor, is easily one of the best, most immersive games I have ever played. Granted, upon release both had some glaring bugs and glitches, but for me, it was more than worth the wait. Though not perfect (hence the 9 rating), Clear Sky (and the STALKER series in general) easily ranks in my top 3 game series of all time. If you are a fan of epic This game, along with it's predecessor, is easily one of the best, most immersive games I have ever played. Granted, upon release both had some glaring bugs and glitches, but for me, it was more than worth the wait. Though not perfect (hence the 9 rating), Clear Sky (and the STALKER series in general) easily ranks in my top 3 game series of all time. If you are a fan of epic story-telling and can look past the relatively minor bugs and mistranslations, then I guarantee that you will fall in love with this game. Expand
  81. MAT
    Nov 18, 2008
    Before installing the 4th patch the game is horrible. Just look at this: you play for about 1-3 hours, earn enogh money and then it doesn' t switch to next map! 4th patch makes it a lot better but: -Shooting the body still is not effective you use all the ammunition and there is no result. -Use of artifacts is unknownthere isn't any description except +6 radiation) -Dylan is an Before installing the 4th patch the game is horrible. Just look at this: you play for about 1-3 hours, earn enogh money and then it doesn' t switch to next map! 4th patch makes it a lot better but: -Shooting the body still is not effective you use all the ammunition and there is no result. -Use of artifacts is unknownthere isn't any description except +6 radiation) -Dylan is an IDIOT: This game is awesome. The only problem i have with this game is the bugs. -he bugs making me very, very angry. I stoped (any games) playing for about 2 days because of them. -AI is not smart. It just see you in darkness at a mile -I don't like being pushed when i talk or buy thms -The CS is probably the biggest mistake to buy. Only if you buy it with your friends Only 2 of 10 for game. why? 0 for programming, AI, fraction wars, damage system, 10 for graphics on 10th DX. the 9th is almost as in SoC with total score 2. Expand
  82. BigWazoo
    Oct 8, 2008
    Very enjoyable experience. Combat is difficult for a change. Play it like CoD4... and you'll die quickly and often.
  83. J
    Aug 28, 2008
    Deep and immersive atmosphere abounds. The Zone will suck you in and make you forget all about time.
  84. KeskentJ.
    Sep 16, 2008
    After playing the Steam version half way through - I can categorically state that my copy of the game is nearly bug-free, incredibly hard, and incredibly fun to play. If you liked Shadow of Chernobyl for the tactical gunplay as well as the atmosphere you will love Clear Sky. It's a game where using grenades is NOT an option, and often sneaking around back an enemy base while your After playing the Steam version half way through - I can categorically state that my copy of the game is nearly bug-free, incredibly hard, and incredibly fun to play. If you liked Shadow of Chernobyl for the tactical gunplay as well as the atmosphere you will love Clear Sky. It's a game where using grenades is NOT an option, and often sneaking around back an enemy base while your faction attacks from the front is the only way to punch through a hardened defense. The tension and unease from SOC returns in spades as well here - but it's definitely not the main emphasis. You simply can't play this game like Crysis or COD4 and if you go in with that mentality you are going to be reaching for the quickload button often. Weapon modification and repair is a stroke of genius, and it makes the grind of collecting money and artifacts worthwhile. Ripping through army personal with an upgraded slug-throwing pump action shotgun is just a joy to behold. Overall Clear Sky is less of a work of art than Shadow of Chernobyl and puts more emphasis on survival than horror but for those that enjoy a challenge it might be the better game. Expand
  85. MaxS
    Sep 19, 2008
    From the moment I loaded this game, I was amazed. The great storyline, the atmosphere and immersion... I don't know why people rated this in the mid 70's score, it's clearly an amazing game. Yes the dialogue is spoken with a broken Russian accent, but surprise, the game is set in Russia, so it adds to the realism. The action is much faster than the first STALKER, the From the moment I loaded this game, I was amazed. The great storyline, the atmosphere and immersion... I don't know why people rated this in the mid 70's score, it's clearly an amazing game. Yes the dialogue is spoken with a broken Russian accent, but surprise, the game is set in Russia, so it adds to the realism. The action is much faster than the first STALKER, the interface is better, the UI is more responsive, and the music is fantastic (tip- enable "Dynamic Music" in the sound options and you'll love the battle music). In a way, "Clear Sky" is what "Shadow of Chernobyl" should have been. It's a night and day improvement in all aspects of the game, and Clear Sky has beat all my expectations. Expand
  86. AxelD.
    Sep 24, 2008
    Yes...this game may a bit buggy, but unfortunately enough, games aren't perfect. I can't help but love this series for the fantastic gameplay, atmosphere, and overall great graphics. Maybe some gamers are too jaded to see through all the bugs to see a fantastic gem. I hope the people that give this game at least an hour or so have as much fun as I did. Must buy along with S:SoC.
  87. HaroldB
    Sep 27, 2008
    My computer won't allow the many graphical improvements they've probably made to be displayed, so what's left for me to see is a game with a lot of flaws.The poor AI, lack of a decent tutorial, the steep learning curve and the developers fascination with graphics, at the expense of polished gameplay and mechanics, leaves me thinking this is a bastion of the outmoded My computer won't allow the many graphical improvements they've probably made to be displayed, so what's left for me to see is a game with a lot of flaws.The poor AI, lack of a decent tutorial, the steep learning curve and the developers fascination with graphics, at the expense of polished gameplay and mechanics, leaves me thinking this is a bastion of the outmoded 90's hardcore FPS pc gamer. With Far Cry 2 stepping into STALKERS territory, it is under threat of becoming outflanked and obsolete. Expand
  88. MikeT.
    Sep 27, 2008
    Outstanding prequel/sequel to the original. Greatly enjoyed tromping through the old and some new areas. Everything great about the original was kept, plus a host of new features like tricking out weapons, suits, etc.. Met and exceeded my expectations!
  89. JS
    Sep 28, 2008
    Game crashed often on install. Patch corrupted my save games and I had to start all over... the problem is IT STILL CRASHES.
  90. SamG.
    Sep 3, 2008
    Its important to note that first and foremost, stalker is a survival horror game. Yes the shooting mechanics have ultimately been refined but they don't really match other games. But that doesn't matter because the survival necessary to live in the zone, and the sheer horror of doing so, raises this above any other game in terms of atmosphere and difficulty. Thats difficult in a Its important to note that first and foremost, stalker is a survival horror game. Yes the shooting mechanics have ultimately been refined but they don't really match other games. But that doesn't matter because the survival necessary to live in the zone, and the sheer horror of doing so, raises this above any other game in terms of atmosphere and difficulty. Thats difficult in a good way. Expand
  91. JamieC
    Sep 4, 2008
    Got this from Wal-Mart four days prior to the release. No CD-KEY included, as there is a major print debacle (Google is your friend), but was no problem to play single player. Graphics are quite good, though the performance hit on my machine (relatively high-end gaming rig) is too great for the offering. Tweaking everything just right will yield a somewhat balanced eye-pleasing and Got this from Wal-Mart four days prior to the release. No CD-KEY included, as there is a major print debacle (Google is your friend), but was no problem to play single player. Graphics are quite good, though the performance hit on my machine (relatively high-end gaming rig) is too great for the offering. Tweaking everything just right will yield a somewhat balanced eye-pleasing and playable experience (right now, with v-sync, i'm averaging 30 FPS and dropping to 20 FPS under dire situations). Gameplay is near identical to the first one, as far as combat goes, but the RPG elements have been improved as well as the upgradability aspects. Having not played more than a few hours, I will leave the rest for everyone else to decide! If you loved or even just liked the first one, be sure to at least give this a chance. Remember that critics are becoming tougher and tougher as the overall quality of all games is growing. Expand
  92. TedN.
    Sep 5, 2008
    This game is truly an amazing achievement. The graphics are really good, and so is the gameplay. Plus im Ted Nugent so thats like plus a million.
  93. JimL.
    Sep 7, 2008
    Well, I played through the original Stalker 3 times and quite enjoyed it, bugs and all. I've been playing "Clear Sky" for about 12 hours now........ Wow, the graphics are great, story seems to be quite good... I've spent most of my time exploring the 1st map area - Swamps?.. finding goodies, shooting bad guys and ramping up my gear. The main difference I have found is that it is Well, I played through the original Stalker 3 times and quite enjoyed it, bugs and all. I've been playing "Clear Sky" for about 12 hours now........ Wow, the graphics are great, story seems to be quite good... I've spent most of my time exploring the 1st map area - Swamps?.. finding goodies, shooting bad guys and ramping up my gear. The main difference I have found is that it is easier to go from place to place via guides, upgrading weapons, armour is also easier as there is a clear distinction between traders and weapons techs that makes the whole issue of upgrades a lot easier to do than in the original. So far looks very promising The only minor issue that can be frustrating is trying to figure out why you are doing things i.e. receiving a message about a camp being attacked not long after the beginning when you have no idea where it is, as your guide has dumped you in the middle of the swamp. You only get to figure it out once you realize you need to use the map interface on the PDA to figure out directions. I suspect this is the only confusing aspect until you make the mental leap on how to work it all works, still I didn't need the agro. This game appears to be nice and gritty like the original. Bad guy AI appears to be quite a step up from the original. If you like strategy, sneaking, having to make choices before you get into a situation, you will like this game. The hours just seem to fly by. Expand
  94. DonaldW.
    Jan 13, 2009
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky is a great game. Be sure to install the patches first but after that.......whoa. You can make it as long or as short as you want. Tons of side quests and the faction wars make it interesting as well. The end is underwhelming compared to Shadow of Chernobyl but it serves the purpose of filling in the blanks just fine.
  95. Loganw.
    Dec 26, 2009
    Alright, Now I'm gonna talk about what I think about S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky. 1. The atmosphere is better. Things feel much more alive and going, unlike SHOC. 2. The new "artifact finding". While in the first game, artifacts were tossed out in the open, sometimes not even near anomalies, now you must get out a detector to see where they are. Because of the danger of trekking through Alright, Now I'm gonna talk about what I think about S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky. 1. The atmosphere is better. Things feel much more alive and going, unlike SHOC. 2. The new "artifact finding". While in the first game, artifacts were tossed out in the open, sometimes not even near anomalies, now you must get out a detector to see where they are. Because of the danger of trekking through the anomaly fields, the artifacts are now much more valuable, some reaching 30,000 ru. I think the least amount is 4000, compared to the 1000 of the original game. This is definitely more fun, and It's exciting to see what new artifact you have found. 3. It's more buggy. Buggy as hell, sometimes. Crashes, inescapable blowouts, etc. You will need to patch this game! 4. Point of no return. Stupid as ever. Even further from the end of the game, there's still about 2-3 hours of fighting after it if you take your time, and, also- there's tons of gear after it, so you can't get them and make moolah. 5. Grenades are still basically worthless 6. Money is much harder to get, whereas in SHOC at the end I had about 300,000 ru, I've only gotten to about 30,000 in CS. 7. Much harder. While SHOC wasn't that hard even on master, CS on master is extremely challenging, you going down in about 2 shots from the always-accurate shots of your foes 8. Factions- you can now join with more factions 9. You can now upgrade and repair your weapons, allowing you to keep your good gun with you for eternity (with enough moneyto fix it, of course) 10. Graphics look better in most cases 11. Time changes more noticeably now. No way to skip time, though, meaning you'll be stuck in the dead of night 12. Creepier. I got pretty freaked when running through the red forest in the dead of night 13. Guns are mostly the same, with some new ones (Martha (92fs) is more common now) along with a couple changes to weapon names, reloading sequences, and new sounds, not much has changed in the weapon's section. Note- you can now affix a silencer to many more of your guns, only a couple pistols and other weapons will not accept them (possibly because of upgrading?). HUD changes. You no longer see yourself with the suit on, and have to hover the cursor over items to see the descritpion- you can't click them. I've heard that there was no stamina bar, and you'd have to go to your inventory to see it. (numerous patches fix this, i think-because it didn't happen to me) Also, there's no ranking system, encyclopedia, or monster body parts when you check someone's inventory out. New monsters/changes/faction - CS makes use of new monsters and changes, along with some new factions, including the new swamp thing ( weird bloodsucker thingy), The Clear Sky faction, and the fact that poltergeists are almost impossible to kill. Well, that's it. In my opinion, CS was a worthy follow up to SHOC. In some ways it was better, in some ways worse. It's worth the time to get it, though :D Expand
  96. PaulO
    Feb 23, 2009
    Somethings wrong with this game. I don't know if it's because it's a download version or not. I do know i've had problems with them before. I find myself going to a new location and a pulse or what ever you call it is comming and i have 15 seconds to find a non existing hiding place. I've been killed by people you only see after you are dead. I have gotten to a Somethings wrong with this game. I don't know if it's because it's a download version or not. I do know i've had problems with them before. I find myself going to a new location and a pulse or what ever you call it is comming and i have 15 seconds to find a non existing hiding place. I've been killed by people you only see after you are dead. I have gotten to a location where all my weapons dissapear and only come back after you run up to an enemy and get your butt shot off. If you are lucky enough to kill him the weapon dissapears untill you get someone else to shoot at you. I am up to date on patch's and i have a top of the line pc, so i'll elimate those. So i think i'll look for the game on eBay for cheap, delete the Steam one and start over. Would also be nice if you could get help when near freindly forces. Seems they just want to stand around and let you do all the fighting. Expand
  97. Dylan
    Oct 22, 2008
    This game is awesome. I recommend it if you like the freeplay and do whatever the hell you want styles of gameplay. The AI is very smart, the gameplay is awesome, and the details to the models is amazing. The only problem i have with this game is the bugs.
  98. JohnnyM
    Sep 12, 2008
    Better than the last one. Not entirely, but once you start the game up you instantaneously notice the improvements in detail, and how the atmospheric quality of the last one has been decreased, but it isn't too distracting. In fact, it fit quite well.
  99. Aniqiewan
    Sep 22, 2008
    I'm not sure which is better, this or the original Stalker - there are many improvements particularly the ability to repair and upgrade weapons and armour as well as the weapons fire being a lot more satisfying and dangerous, however the game is slightly harder to enjoy because of the increased complexity of the entire gameworld and artifact system. Having cleared out the final I'm not sure which is better, this or the original Stalker - there are many improvements particularly the ability to repair and upgrade weapons and armour as well as the weapons fire being a lot more satisfying and dangerous, however the game is slightly harder to enjoy because of the increased complexity of the entire gameworld and artifact system. Having cleared out the final bandit base for the 10th time and have them instantly recapture it as soon as I leave the area becomes pretty irritating after a while not to mention the ridiculous amount of bugs and random crashes. The entire atmosphere of the game has shifted to a more action oriented gunplay type, and while the mutants are now more satisfyingly deadly there are never enough of them and the fact that almost every game entity appears on your pda map really ruin the classic you really stepped-in-it-this-time moments. While in a sense this game is more immersive than the first, the extremely limited faction system and the common bugs spoil much of the fun you can have. Basically this game will fully deserve this 9 only if it ever gets patched to cut out the bugs, and hopefully add some more unique loot to upgrade. Expand
  100. NealO.
    Sep 24, 2008
    Wow, this is seriously the best post-apocalyptic game ever, except maybe Fallout 3 when it comes out. if you do not like the setting of the Zone, may be fested upon by a bull cockatoo on meth. 11/10 for everything, especially the new customization system, except the graphics, although that can be overlooked.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 47 Critic Reviews

1. PC Zone UK
    Clear Sky is a unique experience, so far unparalleled save for its predecessor. [Oct 2008, p.52]
  2. Games Master UK
    Clear Sky delivers a more AI-driven, frightening and altogether more dangerous world than its predecessor ever could. [Oct 2008, p.77]
  3. Edge Magazine
    As easy to misunderstand as it is to break, it again turns the best and worse of PC gaming into something extraordinary. [Oct 2008, p.94]