7.5

1. Jun 16, 2013
    Time to spend before the last Deponia game. The environment and characters are beautifully drawn and the whole looks quite adorable. However, the game has some annoyances: puzzles are sometimes hard and not much rewarding; a few achievements don't work and there is sometimes too much talk, but at least not that much like in Whispered World. The game sometimes slows down and seems to eat aTime to spend before the last Deponia game. The environment and characters are beautifully drawn and the whole looks quite adorable. However, the game has some annoyances: puzzles are sometimes hard and not much rewarding; a few achievements don't work and there is sometimes too much talk, but at least not that much like in Whispered World. The game sometimes slows down and seems to eat a lot of memory: I never thought I see 7GB usage on my poor 32-bit, 3 GB system. Expand
  2. Oct 24, 2013
    It can be a bit childish or sometimes even inconsistent, but it has something more than an average game. It has a charisma. It has that magic feeling of a fairy tale, you can only experience when you are a child. While playing, it sometimes reminded me of The Longest Journey with that mystery of unknown worlds and adventures.
    Anyway, definitely a good one from daedalic keeping artwork to
    Anyway, definitely a good one from daedalic keeping artwork to be a masterpiece and some wonderful music from Tilo Alpermann.
  3. Nov 17, 2013
    An adventure set in a fabulous world, interesting but partially weak, because of a not perfect story writing.However it's a long journey that the old adventurers will appreciate. VIRTUALINN.IT
  4. Sep 10, 2018
    Another amazing Daedalic title which never got the attention and sales figures it would have deserved. No wonder they have decided to stop developing point and click adventure games altogether.

But back to the Night of the Rabbit: The game takes place in a magical world with whimsical characters, beautiful locations, charming stories and most importantly full to the brim with puzzles - During the first 90% of the game they're are demanding but rarely illogical. During that time I got "stuck" a single time for maybe 20 minutes - definitely not long enough to feel the need for a walkthrough - but after revisiting some locations, dialogues and taking another look around the solution came to me rather quickly as it made sense ...

In the final two chapters there are four or five puzzles that didn't make a lot of sense though (maybe in hindsight) and which I could only solve by trying everything with everything. Usually those took place in a small area though so it wasn't that big of a deal. The only other negative points for me were the unnecessary long dialogue, item and environment description but that's about it.

Positives: The game has an incredibly long length for a point'n'click adventure - 20 hours plus - and yet never gets boring. Very high production value, flawless English and German voice overs. And even though the story can have a bit of a childish overtone sometimes (starting with the main character's name and age) the puzzles are definitely made for adults. Similarities to Harry Potter are probably intentional.

All in all a very great classic point'n'click adventure from Daedalic. It's a pity they have quit developing any more of those due to the unfavorable market conditions a few months ago but at least there are always gems like The Night of the Rabbit to revisit.
  5. Jun 9, 2017
    Storytelling for games and movies have not been looking qualitatively lately. Nevertheless, there are always diamonds in the rough that we have to find all by ourselves. “The Night of the Rabbit” is one of these rare and precious stories.

Firstly, the part “in the rough” refers to solving puzzles with such a long chain of logic premises. You must pick many objects and sometimes turn to brute force method. For those who do not appreciate these twisting actions, my advice is to do not hesitate to open the game guide or walk-through when you are stuck.

Turning to the bright sides of the game, I was so pleased to see a consequent plot with a highly detailed universe of the set of different worlds. The core idea of realms connected by tree roots is absolutely beautiful and romantic! As well as that, the picturesque drawing scenes and characters are stunning. Each of them has his own goal and personality. At certain moments you even feel how tears come to your eyes! And, at the same time the game characters show and teach you to keep your faith even at darkest times.

Finally, the soundtrack was awesome too! It was nice to listen to different variations of the same magic melody that were played on viola, accordion, flute and other interesting instruments. I really appreciate when people are strive to create something compelling and outstanding. That is why the computer games is considered to be a work of art.

Personally, I think it is a brilliant adventure game. I was truly astonished by this sincere storytelling and charming characters. Magic drawings and music are unforgettable! Anyone who likes instructive and kind fairy tales and good drawing will really enjoy playing this game.
    Don not miss the opportunity to go to Mousewood and become a Treewalker!
  6. Dec 17, 2015
    Beautiful storytelling in a truly beautiful world! The puzzles and mechanics were not always as interesting as the surrounding characters, music, visuals and the atmosphere of the world, but it was well worth playing through. The puzzles might start feeling repetitive if you play through all at once, but over a few days, I was looking forward to coming back to it again :)
    Might be worth a
    Might be worth a second playthrough, but was enjoyable enough the first time around.
  7. Jan 9, 2016
    great game it has a great story and characters the story will suck you in so that you feel the story you feel the characters and you feel that you are part of the world
  8. Sep 29, 2013
    Lose yourself in a tale of magic and wonder, where anything is possible and where nothing is quite as it seems: All in all, Night of the Rabbit is an extremely enjoyable game, one certainly that most adventure game enthusiasts will have a fun time with.
  9. Jun 5, 2013
    Great game! Seems like childish quest but has far more deep meaning, charming plot and ambience. Unfortunately it has one minigame that should never existed (I mean the last fight), but still the ending is totally stunning for a quest. In this respect, Deponia and Deponia 2 were not so good, though TNOTR misses some great humor from it.
  10. Jun 13, 2013
    This is a poor offering from Daedalic.

This game is a point-and-click puzzle/story game as are most of their games where you play as a young boy and a mysterious rabbit whose fates are intertwined. But first, you play as the boy and frankly he is annoying. I died after the second puzzle because I was looking for a fruit and apparently the game incorrectly identifies acorns as a
    This is a poor offering from Daedalic.

I died after the second puzzle because I was looking for a fruit and apparently the game incorrectly identifies acorns as a fruit and rose hips as something other than a fruit. The first puzzle required that you find a stick in a forest. One stick in a forest. And that was after passing by three other objects that would have worked just as well. Then you have to use that stick to remove a bush. That makes no sense.

In terms of pros, the game is visually interesting and clearly they spent a lot of time with the art director making it just right.

In terms of cons, the gameplay is slow and very specific to the point of failure. I found the premise of the first puzzle to be absurd and the solution to the second puzzle to be incorrect. The interface is awful. You quest book gives you information you shouldn't know and fails to record information you desperately need. The hotspots are humongous and never go away; you're going to be listening to the same poorly-done voice acting cue over and over and over again.

This title lacks the good game design elements you would expect for such an easy genre and fails to do any of it's homework making it for me a pass.
  11. Mar 4, 2014
    The Night of the Rabbit is probably the most beautiful and enjoyable adventure game I have ever played. It does have the most beautiful 2D graphics, nice riddles, amazing music, charming atmosphere and great story as well. It also does have this little extra which make games something more than just games. It is related to the fact that it is hard to tell whether the game happens realy andThe Night of the Rabbit is probably the most beautiful and enjoyable adventure game I have ever played. It does have the most beautiful 2D graphics, nice riddles, amazing music, charming atmosphere and great story as well. It also does have this little extra which make games something more than just games. It is related to the fact that it is hard to tell whether the game happens realy and in which reality it does really happen, etc. It does have something from Alice in Wonderland or Coraline movie. And I love that "something". The only downside are some of the puzzles, which don't seem to make much sense, though there is very little of them. The minigame could be a bit better and most of all, the supposed hint system provides no real hints whatsoever. But these are just details. Overall, this game is fantastic nevertheless! Expand
  12. Nov 4, 2014
    I can't say this is a good game... It has overbearing flaws, like a kitsch garden gnome that is supposed to look like Guybrush Threepwood. It's a buggy mess of loose threads from a starry eyed fantasy story told by a toddler and it all comes across very naive and dorky.

BUT!!! It gave me [a good feeling], and that's the thing I remember the most 8 months after playing it. So if you can resist the urge to roll your eyes out of their sockets, I suggest you give it a try and have a cup of warm raspberry tea every time you want to shut it off.
  13. Jun 2, 2020
    One of the most beautiful games I've played in my whole life, it is very noticeably made with a very low budget but the story itself is sublime.
    However, has to be said; the game does have some frustrating puzzles so that's surely a downside.
  14. May 8, 2019
    Almost lose all the patience I got for this type games at first, but the was really rewarding to wait till the very very last end, and that remedies all the flaws and boring parts of this game.
  15. Jun 7, 2020
    One of the most charming games I've ever played. I really like the setting and the cast of charachters, and the music is memorable too. The story is... something. It's starts out rather basic, but it slowly builds up towards more mature themes and you can feel the tension in the last portion of the game. However, some aspect aren't really explored that well, and some puzzles are a bitOne of the most charming games I've ever played. I really like the setting and the cast of charachters, and the music is memorable too. The story is... something. It's starts out rather basic, but it slowly builds up towards more mature themes and you can feel the tension in the last portion of the game. However, some aspect aren't really explored that well, and some puzzles are a bit cryptic, while the in-game helps aren't useful at all. But still, is an awesome game and a must-play for adventure games fans Expand
  16. Mar 12, 2020
    A pleasant, easy-to-understand adventure for younger players, and it further shows that Daedalic has unrestrained imagination to spare.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 45 Critic Reviews

1. The Night of the Rabbit is a classical point and click adventure game by Deadalic Entertainment. Among the their other adventure games, it has a more disconnected story line but the graphics and the sounds definitely creates a magical atmosphere before your eyes.
  2. Jan 15, 2014
    The Night of the Rabbit is certainly one of Daedelic's better games. The gameplay is faithful to the point-and-click adventure genre blueprint, but only with a few obtuse puzzles.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 7, 2013
    A traditional point-and-click adventure game set in a world inspired by children's story books. Most of the puzzles are well designed but there are also few illogical ones that can be really hard to figure out. With some extra polishing time those could have been avoided. [Aug 2013]