6.5

1. Jul 3, 2020
    The Wonderful 101 is a masterpiece, with hours of pure action, challenge, fun and madness. The whole adventure is full of charm, detail and an incredible game feel.

The game's main mechanics are incedibly original and really, really fun, easy to learn but hard to master. The levels are impressive, with a huge amount of different enemies to fight, each of them being it's own unique

The levels are impressive, with a huge amount of different enemies to fight, each of them being it's own unique concept with it's own moveset and moves (some of them can do a LOT of attacks!).
    And the boss fights... are just incredible. Every single boss fight from this game is full of crazy action and over the top epicness, with unpredictable bosses that can use different attacks every time you play the battle.

The Wonderful 101 gets better and better as long as you progress, with an excellent character development, orchestrated soundtrack, non-stoping action and a sense of epicness that you can't see in almost any game.

And the hard mode? You'll love it.
  2. May 28, 2020
    Apart from the fact it has a problem with the framerate (locked at 59fps with microstutter but totally solved by the Silent Patch easily), I've got 0 graphical or launch bugs, 4k and 60fps even on graphics like 1060 and the controls have been adapted smoothly. I havent had ANY problem by drawing with the R stick.
    This game is AWESOME! and different than any other game. It is unique, so you
    This game is AWESOME! and different than any other game. It is unique, so you can hate or love it, but you cant deny the quality it has.
    I am able to understand the rage of Switch owners because that port has a bad performance, but hey, PC gamers have the best version of this game and it TOTALLY WORTH IT.

I recomend it A LOT on PC
  3. May 28, 2020
    Fantastic game! The sp*rgs in the user review have no idea what they're talking about and don't know how to grasp the game's unbelievably fun mechanics! Go check out Mathewmatosis' fantastic videos about this game to truly help you understand how to enjoy the Wonderful 101!
  4. May 27, 2020
    Frames goes really well. I'm playing with a controller and did good, only the right stick doing as a touch made it a bit complicated. And what else can I say. Pretty funny game, the most important thing.
  5. May 26, 2020
    Time consuming to learn with no reward. The mechanics are unclear and multiple playthroughs may be necessary to fully understand the gameplay all for small increases in score. Overall a bad experience to go through.
  6. May 23, 2020
    No, Platinum guys is over rated, game isnt that good as I thought, just simple mediocre game.
  7. May 21, 2020
    This game is pretty much Kamiya with no filter, which is both its most captivating quality and its detrimental flaw. The presentation is great, there is a clear emphasis on sentai heroics which at the games best parts made me smile with childlike wonder. I would recommend playing this just to see the ending which is one of the most insane amalgamation of set pieces I have ever seen in aThis game is pretty much Kamiya with no filter, which is both its most captivating quality and its detrimental flaw. The presentation is great, there is a clear emphasis on sentai heroics which at the games best parts made me smile with childlike wonder. I would recommend playing this just to see the ending which is one of the most insane amalgamation of set pieces I have ever seen in a video game, it reaches gurren legaan levels of absurdity and deserves to be commended for the sheer spectacle of it all. The problem is getting to that point is a slog through terrible controls, a wonky camera, and some baffling design decisions.

Combat in 101 is centered around drawing symbols with the wonder liner to unite the wonderful 101 into weapons and defensive abilities. the problem is that the wonder liner is janky as hell, idk if this worked better on the Wii U but for me on a controller it just doesn't work half the time or forms into something I wasn't going for. Its incredibly frustrating because when the liner messes up a unite that can leave you open for an attack, when you take damage your team members are scattered which means you have to run around and collect them or your weapons wont be as powerful. There is also an abundance of terrible mini games(a Kamiya tradition) like forming into a glider to cross gaps or where the game tries to be a shootemup(worst parts of the game), They arent THAT bad but combined with the jank wonder liner and terrible camera it just becomes a recipe for annoyance. Speaking of the camera its awful, its pulled waaay to close to the heroes so there are tons of parts where projectiles will hit you from offscreen or platforming sections where you couldnt see what was coming and get punished for it anyway.

I really wanted to like The Wonderful 101. The presentation and writing made me grin from ear to ear, but the controls and camera just hamper the experience to the point where its not even fun. There are so many issues in this game that just dont exist in platinums other titles so I cant in good faith recommend it at full price.
  8. May 21, 2020
    A very good game which needs time to understand. First use a gamepad. 2nd use a mid range pc on 4k 60fps and a large screen. Now you can see what is happening be ok with playing each level twice to get the most out of it. This is because the game is so crazy that the first time you have no idea what is happening and the game doesnt explain anything well. But once you know what to doA very good game which needs time to understand. First use a gamepad. 2nd use a mid range pc on 4k 60fps and a large screen. Now you can see what is happening be ok with playing each level twice to get the most out of it. This is because the game is so crazy that the first time you have no idea what is happening and the game doesnt explain anything well. But once you know what to do its awesome fun. It looks good on highest setting but isnt a true remaster but more of a port. This version is superior to ps4 and switch. I own 4 versions and PC is best. The controls are better but sometimes tricky as there is a trick to the game but easily mastered.

Could Platinum have done more with the kickstarter money? Yes they could have and should have and might still but there is free dlc on its way. And a MP mode for 4 players.

Def. recommend for short fast bursts for arcade action fun! 9/10 for fans. 1-8 / 10 for casuals.
  9. May 20, 2020
    1) Name the port a remaster.
    2) Collect money on kickstarter
    3) ????
    4) Profit!
  10. May 21, 2020

Generally favorable reviews - based on 4 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Jun 25, 2020
    It’s not the game that gets a second chance on PC, it’s us, the players, to notice it. If we don’t, that’s on us. The world has no more excuses to not give The Wonderful 101 a shot. [07/2020, p.77]
  2. Jun 5, 2020
    Quotation forthcoming.
  3. May 18, 2020
    When The Wonderful 101 clicks, it's an amazing experience, though it takes time to get there with the sloppy control schemes and bad frame pacing.