2.8

1. Feb 26, 2019
    The team at Bethesda have developed an experience that within a few short hours of early gameplay is worthy of the bargain bin. MMO tropes that by todays standards are instantly outdated. Running on an outdated engine that while continuing to cough out black smoke has created the most colourful Fallout setting to date. The lack of non player characters creates the impression of a dullThe team at Bethesda have developed an experience that within a few short hours of early gameplay is worthy of the bargain bin. MMO tropes that by todays standards are instantly outdated. Running on an outdated engine that while continuing to cough out black smoke has created the most colourful Fallout setting to date. The lack of non player characters creates the impression of a dull world, devoid of life and personality. The main quest line tasks the player with the same mission structure on an agonising repetitive loop. Go here, retrieve this, return, a point which is broken up with gunfights with foes both old and new. Renditions of Fallout favorites such as Ghouls and foes conjured from folk law of West Virginia itself are welcome. However one can struggle with Bethesdas' continuing lack of combat development, with times firing a rifle feels like a BB gun. One such gameplay addition carried over from previous titles is the V.A.T.S system, pausing instances of gameplay and allows the player to target individual body parts, compensating for Fallouts abysmal aiming mechanics. The new iteration of the V.A.T.S system however, built for multiplayer is a pointless inclusion, clunky, unresponsive and seems to have only been included because "Its a Fallout game". So called independent servers are laughable and continue to plague various players experiences with connection problems. Glitches have from launch disconnected players from the game, freezing gameplay and in more extreme instances erased game data.

Nauseating frame-rate, connection issues and under developed gameplay mechanics solidify why this title deserves nothing short than the full force of the atom.
  2. Nov 15, 2018
    Bethesda, just no... I honestly had more fun with the character creation than the actual game itself. This is by far the worst game in the Fallout franchise (including BoS). The game engine is obviously outdated as the landscape constantly pops in and out in the distance and nothing has any actual depth to it. The gameplay is incredibly generic and essentially boils down to hold L1 toBethesda, just no... I honestly had more fun with the character creation than the actual game itself. This is by far the worst game in the Fallout franchise (including BoS). The game engine is obviously outdated as the landscape constantly pops in and out in the distance and nothing has any actual depth to it. The gameplay is incredibly generic and essentially boils down to hold L1 to win. The crafting system is horrendous. The new S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Cards are just an absolute nightmare and it makes no sense why they abandoned the skill tree. There is no plot whatsoever, all youre trying to do is take 3 nuclear silos, thats it. The Pip-Boy makes the most annoying radio static sound at all times that you cant turn off and will drive you crazy in 5 minutes if you play with headphones. Not to mention that the game is shockingly lifeless, it feels like you're the only character on the map most of the time. My legit first reation out of the vault was disgust as I saw how flat, dull, and lifeless the overall world of 76 is. This is not okay Bethesda. Way to release the Fallout equivalent of Mass Effect Andromeda! Elder Scrolls Online wasn't near this bad at launch. Expand
  3. Nov 14, 2018
    Absolute garbage.

It was perfectly understood this was going to be terrible within a week of its announcement the moment the "game" was identified as being online required. Bethesdas history has shown that every location they have used related to Fallout they have done a terrible job of representing. It is no surprise that Bethesda's (who happens to be located in Maryland) depiction
    Absolute garbage.

Bethesdas history has shown that every location they have used related to Fallout they have done a terrible job of representing. It is no surprise that Bethesda's (who happens to be located in Maryland) depiction of West Virginia would be just as bad as any other media depiction of the state. It was made clear when the first glimpses of the map started to surface that showed locations from the state in complete disarray. West Virginia University in the middle of the map, The Greenbriar hotel just south of Charleston, and the most egregious of which is that Vault 76 is effectively located in Ohio relative to other WV landmarks on the map.

That same level of attention to detail is present in every aspect of the game.

While this is supposed to be a radioactive wasteland, the reality is the biggest nuclear threat is the size of technical bugs you will have to squash to keep it running consistently.

The mechanical gameplay is functionally just a modified copy of Fallout 4, carbon copied complete with the same sort of technical bugs that Bethesda has made a corporation out of selling. The only difference is the nature of content in the game is structured around online multiplayer akin to Left 4 Dead with its 4 player Squad format. It also bears a strong resemblance to Overkills The Walking Dead in that format where what little narrative exposition is told in these "quests".

The amazing thing is the decision to distill the primary gameplay of Bethesda that amounts to a janitor simulator where by your existence is little more than picking up a gigantic wasteland sandbox of useless garbage and sorting it into more manageable piles.

In the end Fallout 76s fate is already sealed. Its online requirement means that it is being developed no differently than the ridiculous amount of online required console games out there, all of which are now available for 10$ or less because they have no long term value. Another Titanfall, Destiny, Dead by daylight, For Honor, Evolve, Ark, etc that has been the plague of this console generation.

It is exclusively for a very specific type of person. Essentially it is filler material for the average ethlete who needs a break from COD type of top of the heap FPS shooter between the time they have already burnt through the current installments content and when the next late fall release comes out. It might keep its head above water for a while but people may play for a couple of weeks and move on to what ever the next new thing is once they burn through the majority of the content. Basically locust gamers.

Honestly when it comes to gameplay it is nothing different than you have not already seen from Bethesda at least a half dozen times before between TES, Fallout, Dishonored and the rest of their primary titles. The only real difference being in those games there is actually a decent amount of narrative and content. This is another "Games as a service" model that asks players to buy an incomplete product on the promise that there is a schedule of content coming despite the reality that it may or may not ever materialize in enough time before the early adopters burn through the content and get bored and move on.

So given that there is so much wrong with the model, given that there is so much wrong with the product, and given that you wont be missing out on things you have almost certainly already done dozens of times before, Save your money and help the industry by rejecting this anti consumer model.
  4. Nov 15, 2018
    My god, Bethesda... what have you done?
    Graphically- dated. Red Dead 2 makes Fallout 76 look like Minecraft.
    Gameplay- VATS has been unforgivably gimped to force it to fit the real-time setup of online play. Game world- recycled. There are new things, but none of it feels that new. Atmosphere- gone, replaced with immersion-busting microphone chatter, no NPCs and a passive story
    My god, Bethesda... what have you done?
    Graphically- dated. Red Dead 2 makes Fallout 76 look like Minecraft.
    Game world- recycled. There are new things, but none of it feels that new.
    Combat- boring, clunky, laughable physics
    Micro transactions- Pure cheek. £20 for an outfit? On yer bike. I wouldn’t pay £20 for the full game.
    Code hygiene- buggy as buggy can be.
    Overall- embarrassing cash cow that nobody asked for, nobody wanted, fans have rejected, reviewers are immolating and other developers are laughing at. Bin it. #notmyfallout
  5. Nov 14, 2018
    The worst game made by Betnesda. After Fallout 4, I thought it couldn’t get any worse, but I was wrong ... This is one of the worst AAA games I've played. It seems that this is an indie game made by a group of 5 people ...
  6. Nov 14, 2018
    Today i fnished the first "Dark Souls" and just opened this game. Graphically, they are no different, missions are more empty, and LORE resembles comic trash like the one we played inside the "Pip-Boy". It would seem that these games are so different, but no, here instead of dark fantasy we meet little children's fiction. After killing robots with your own fist, you are wandering yourselfToday i fnished the first "Dark Souls" and just opened this game. Graphically, they are no different, missions are more empty, and LORE resembles comic trash like the one we played inside the "Pip-Boy". It would seem that these games are so different, but no, here instead of dark fantasy we meet little children's fiction. After killing robots with your own fist, you are wandering yourself in empty monotonous locations populated by random mobs and thinking about different things; and about how sh** this game is, nothing can distract you from that, like this game itself from your busy life.

The possibilities of the world are minimal, adventures you invent yourself. As if we came back to the past, only here there is no place for chaos and trickery, as in the old online games.
  7. Nov 15, 2018
    Worst game ever. Totally wasted money for preorder. Boring as hell, buggy and tragic engine. DONT BUY IT!
  8. Nov 15, 2018
    El peor juego de la saga Fallout, básicamente es un Fallout con unos gráficos que para la época dan hasta vergüenza. Y lo que puedes hacer en el se basa en el ir a un lado, matar bichos y hacer equipamiento. No lo recomiendo ni gratis
  9. Nov 14, 2018
    I was excited for this game. Even without NPCS and the FOV setting, I was still fine. But the way Bethesda launched this game and the buggy mess that this became is all their fault. Their launcher has been a buggy mess and the account system is a buggy mess. Even if you want the game, I would just hold off before buying it, just to fix all the bugs. I know when Elder Scrolls 6 comes out,I was excited for this game. Even without NPCS and the FOV setting, I was still fine. But the way Bethesda launched this game and the buggy mess that this became is all their fault. Their launcher has been a buggy mess and the account system is a buggy mess. Even if you want the game, I would just hold off before buying it, just to fix all the bugs. I know when Elder Scrolls 6 comes out, I normally buy new for PC but for Elder Scrolls 6, I'm going to buy used for a console. Expand
  10. Nov 14, 2018
    This is absolute garbage! I have been a loyal Fallout franchise player for years- this is NOT a good game, bad graphics, no npcs, a huge map with virtually nothing in it, I want my money back! I have never played a worse game!!
  11. Nov 19, 2018
    And wontcha look at that, even the critics think its bile. What was that about just 'tantrum' reviews again?
  12. Nov 14, 2018
    This “game” feels empty, vague and devoid of life. The graphics don’t have to be improved or amazingly better to make a better game. It’s like they took the worst aspects of their formula and put it together. I guess this is supposed to be the “Tamrial Online” for fallout, even so the execution is terrible. The basic part of a game is it should be entertaining. Fallout 76 is extremelyThis “game” feels empty, vague and devoid of life. The graphics don’t have to be improved or amazingly better to make a better game. It’s like they took the worst aspects of their formula and put it together. I guess this is supposed to be the “Tamrial Online” for fallout, even so the execution is terrible. The basic part of a game is it should be entertaining. Fallout 76 is extremely underwhelming and honestly could be a mobile MMORPG. It’s soured me on there entire Bethesda catalog. Innovation is what keeps franchises and companies a float. Keeping the same formula for almost 20 years isn’t Expand
  13. Nov 14, 2018
    Don’t waste a dollar in this buggy mess of a game. This game barely runs on a PS4 Pro, I already imagine how it will run in a normal PS4 or Xbox one. Bethesda is not the company that it was before. Poor game mechanics and design. Looks like a game that came out 10 years ago that’s how bad it looks and plays, please avoid this game. This game is not worth 60 dollars at all.
  14. Nov 14, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a cash grab nothing more it is not worth your £60$60 hell it's not even worth $10 it's a free to play game that's overcharging , it's a grind fest it has no story it has no real PVP it has microtransactions, it is supposed to be a nuclear war setting, but no nuclear war setting I have ever seen has green trees, blue sky or living vegetation, plus the sun is shining ??? It's just an inescapable fact in a world wide nuclear war Everything would be dead, sure a few animals and humans might survive but the life they would live in that world would look nothing like fallout 76 implies until at least 400- 500 years after the fact if at all. The gameplay is well lets just say its like destiny & no man's lie had a babe and no one wanted it... That actually caused me pain to think about ... Expand
  15. Nov 14, 2018
    Patrolling Appalachia almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

Bethesda is running my favorite franchise into the ground.
  16. Nov 14, 2018
    "Barbarically Terrible"

Wow. There are so many things wrong with this game from performance to pure boredom. It's like Conan Exiles, but not as good...
  17. Nov 14, 2018
    this is honestly the worst game ive ever played
    awful textures as well
    I would rather play rust
  18. Nov 14, 2018
    This is not a game. There is no difficulty, no stakes, no progression- nothing. Don't believe anybody who tells you otherwise. Time better spent playing any other Fallout game.
  19. Nov 15, 2018
    It's fully raw and unexpected product, coming up just after Fallout 4 and it looks like a fallout 4 multiplayer mode, but full of NOTHING - means in this game have no meaning at all - have no story, have no gameplay, have no LORE, have no MMO, have no RPG. omg even have no NPC - it seems first "MMO" without NPC at all. and company tries to "feed" u with it like an "advantage", but no,It's fully raw and unexpected product, coming up just after Fallout 4 and it looks like a fallout 4 multiplayer mode, but full of NOTHING - means in this game have no meaning at all - have no story, have no gameplay, have no LORE, have no MMO, have no RPG. omg even have no NPC - it seems first "MMO" without NPC at all. and company tries to "feed" u with it like an "advantage", but no, thanks.
    Actually, i'm a huge fan of Bethesda, and waiting like a dog for TES6 from 2011 (as before i waited for Oblivion and Morrowind) , and as we remember - Bethesda aways did TES - Fallout - TES - Fallout, and now it was a turn of TES6, but we have what we have. I'm just really crying, when see what happened with my favorite studio. Trying to sell us totally raw and BAD product. Please, so.
  20. Nov 15, 2018
    Lets just be honest up front about what Bethesda was not so honest about: there is no solo play option (like every other fallout before this one). Clarifying, on the day of release, that Bethesda meant you can play along rather than with a team was a serious lapse of integrity.

This is essentially World of Warcraft with a Fallout skin. The lack of a solo play option is only made

This is essentially World of Warcraft with a Fallout skin.

The lack of a solo play option is only made worse by the processes and glitches that make the game unenjoyable if no unplayable. Stalking a target? Hope some wanker with a machete doesn't go charging in screwing it up and provoking your target into a general melee that you barely escape from. The initial round of guns is laughable. They are so inaccurate, you are better off using stick (which will do more damage anyway). When they do land, they are the equivalent of landing a rough smooch on your target. Mod them to more functional and effective? Sure, all you have to do is level up 20 times and hope the random perk generator allows you to do so. That is, if you can find all the materials and not have them stolen. Then you just have to find a useful amount of ammunition, which should not be a problem in West Virginia where practically every house has a gun and ammunition. Not so with Bethesda's representation ... which is great, because hunting is critical to survival with the addition of a food and water system that is fun for about fifteen minutes and then just becomes tedious. It's somehow like an even more pointless minecraft.

Oh yeah, you can also be randomly whacked by some immature 14 year old at any second, or just a random spawn that drops on top of you ... as you arrive and search for something that some other player just looted.

Awesome this is not. I have played other poor games, but this is the first time I have ever wanted my money back immediately.
  21. Nov 16, 2018
    Fallout 76 is just a bad online mod for Fallout 4 and Bethesda wants you to pay 60$ for it.
  22. Nov 14, 2018
    My god.. where do i even start? The game is a complete mess. Gameplay is still not satisfying because of the same old engine, tons of reused models and animations (even from Skyrim), the story doesn't even deserve to be called story (there are MMO's with better story during simple faction missions) and there is absolutely no soul to be found. Todd Howard said that they love the GamebryoMy god.. where do i even start? The game is a complete mess. Gameplay is still not satisfying because of the same old engine, tons of reused models and animations (even from Skyrim), the story doesn't even deserve to be called story (there are MMO's with better story during simple faction missions) and there is absolutely no soul to be found. Todd Howard said that they love the Gamebryo engine because it's super easy and fast to create things (at the cost of texture quality). Fallout 76 seems to be take this ideology to a whole new level. Quantity over quality in every single aspects. The fact that most players don't seem to want to play with strangers and absurd ways to grief players (primarily involving the C.A.M.P. system) makes the experience even worse. I wanted to give the beta a try because i was really skeptical about this game and boy did it strengthen that believe. Achievements/Trophies related to the story also don't carry over from the beta according to Pete Hines which is a **** joke. The entire advertising point of the beta was that you could gain an advantage over others by playing early and carrying your progress over. Now you need to make a new character anyway if you want to get the story trophies. As i've already said, this game is a mess in every single aspect. It's one of the worst games in the "so mediocre that it's just functional and nothing more" category. Expand
  23. Nov 15, 2018
    История будет помнить много всего, но Говарду будет отведено отдельное место. Есть масса известных, культовых личностей о которых приятно читать, смотреть биографические фильмы. У людей из будущего на полках с классикой будет стоять два произведения, одно про Увэ Бола, вторая про Говарда! Просрать выживастик по фолауту в эпоху виживастиков, тут нужен особый талант!История будет помнить много всего, но Говарду будет отведено отдельное место. Есть масса известных, культовых личностей о которых приятно читать, смотреть биографические фильмы. У людей из будущего на полках с классикой будет стоять два произведения, одно про Увэ Бола, вторая про Говарда! Просрать выживастик по фолауту в эпоху виживастиков, тут нужен особый талант!
  24. Nov 14, 2018
    This isn't a game. This is just a platform to fleece idiots out of their money.

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME
  25. Nov 14, 2018
    Can’t fully opt out of PvP, got hunted down trying to get away (you still take damage even if you don’t fire back). I really didn’t need this on top of two separate questlines that terminated, unresolved (Path of Overseer and Signal Strength), the “might as well not have it” V.A.T.S., basically everything they had steadily moved away from (dehydration, hunger, disease, etc.)... well it’sCan’t fully opt out of PvP, got hunted down trying to get away (you still take damage even if you don’t fire back). I really didn’t need this on top of two separate questlines that terminated, unresolved (Path of Overseer and Signal Strength), the “might as well not have it” V.A.T.S., basically everything they had steadily moved away from (dehydration, hunger, disease, etc.)... well it’s every improvement nobody wanted. However most disappointing to me, is to see this descend into Battlefield and Call of Duty territory.
    Thanks for trying guys, World looks great. Prospect of working together with people is intriguing. If they decide to implement more punitive action against aggressor players they might have something worth taking on as a second job.

I’ll be taking this back.
  26. Nov 15, 2018
    Fallout 76 is a beta that they want you to buy for full price. They should have gone with Steam Greenlight if they had any respect for their customers.
  27. Nov 15, 2018
    Эта игра после релиза совсем не оправдала моих ожиданий - куча нерешенных проблем, баги-лаги и прочее. Тупой,бессмысленный гринд и фарм. Очень быстро становится скучно.
  28. Nov 14, 2018
    buggy mess of a game not worth what i paid for it. empty world with noting to do
  29. Nov 18, 2018
    You know, this is what happens when you try to build an MMO on a concept that has always been about singleplayer. I mean, fallout always have been about wandering around the wasteland by yourself or sometimes with a one(1) companion, and trying to make a multiplayer only game on that makes it completely fall on its ass. Elder Scrolls didn't get this (at least before the updates) so why doYou know, this is what happens when you try to build an MMO on a concept that has always been about singleplayer. I mean, fallout always have been about wandering around the wasteland by yourself or sometimes with a one(1) companion, and trying to make a multiplayer only game on that makes it completely fall on its ass. Elder Scrolls didn't get this (at least before the updates) so why do it with Fallout?

The game could have been filled with rich lore, NPCs with a wide variety of personalities, cool looking locations, and amazing storytelling. But no, it's a Multiplayer-only game. There is no narrative within the world, and you have to "make your own story". You mean a story where classic lore has been retconned, NPCs with personalities are nonexistent, discovering dull looking locations, and getting killed by **** players?

Bethesda also decided to make FO76 on the same engine as FO4, which not only is an outdated crappy engine on its own, making FO76 look carbon copy of FO4, but also can be used to create mods. Now mods on Bethesda games generally were great, but the said games were FRIGGIN' SINGLEPLAYER GAMES!. You seriously think some players won't be ****s and create mods that give unfair advantages and may even break the game? Yeah, there could be an anti-cheat software, but then it will also block mods that were genuinely trying to improve the game. And there aren't even private servers yet, which I am hoping there won't be any monetization scheme to run the private servers.

Guys, just get Red Dead Redemption 2 instead.
  30. Nov 15, 2018
    Imagine that, people aren’t fans of cash grab games. Wake up consumers! I really believe it was not released on Steam to prevent players from "Refunding" their purchase. Plus you are able to write reviews and rate the game on Steam. They knew damn well the game was going to get terrible ratings. They are just trying to maximize profit and cover up bad press, thats it. I was suspicious ofImagine that, people aren’t fans of cash grab games. Wake up consumers! I really believe it was not released on Steam to prevent players from "Refunding" their purchase. Plus you are able to write reviews and rate the game on Steam. They knew damn well the game was going to get terrible ratings. They are just trying to maximize profit and cover up bad press, thats it. I was suspicious of this from the start and did not purchase.

It's Interesting how gaming 'journalists' are so slow to post their thoughts on this one. Hell, Forbes even came out with an article saying 'Don't trust early Fallout 76 reviews'. There is no reason to even glance at game review sites anymore.

when you settle for less, then you get less. That's what gamers are getting with Bethesda. Todd Howard of Bethesda said in an interview that they are not going to make a new engine because it takes too long to learn how to develop for it. He said they are used to the one they have and are just going to keep patching it up even with the new Elder Scrolls 6. They have no intentions on making a new engine. Why.... well I think they don't want to spend the money or time to do so. If gamers would quit settling for less, then you might get the game you want WITH great current graphics. I'm SURE you wouldn't complain about having it all.
  31. Nov 14, 2018
    Feels more like an unfinished asset-flip in early access than a proper game.
    No wide-screen support in 2018? Seriously?
  32. Nov 15, 2018
    Fallout 76 is truly a massive disappointment. Everything that made the series unique and special has been ripped out from the core of the game and has left us with a soulless husk.
    The game lacks depth, charm and the sense of immersion we had from previous instalments.
    It feels disjointed from the Fallout universe and gameplay is monotonous. Overall Fallout 76 gives the impression that
    It feels disjointed from the Fallout universe and gameplay is monotonous.
    Overall Fallout 76 gives the impression that Bethesda no longer cares about making quality games or the loyal fans that have loved and followed the series for over a decade.
    Instead it feels like a poorly assembled mess with no backbone that is just geared towards putting money in their bank account.
  33. Nov 15, 2018
    Dumpster fire. Fundamentally broken on every level. Guess what part of the game works flawlessly though? The microtransaction shop. Maybe after this game becomes your worst commercial failure in the company's history you'll learn that you shouldn't wipe your ass with the people who have been paying for your livelyhood the past 20 years.
  34. Nov 14, 2018
    It's about time we hold Bethesda accountable. They've taken a really, really bad turn in their development. It scares me and at this point, I think they'd be better off selling their assets off and cashing out.

New Vegas is the best Fallout and Bethesda didn't even develop that game. Fallout 4 is a joke with a dialogue system that makes Mass Effect Andromeda more interesting to play. That being said let's get into Fallout 76.

Oh boy, Fallout 76... 80% fallout 4 in every aspect only further dumbed down, fewer interesting weapons and even less story. I am beyond words for the lackluster development of this game. Unlike most people complaining about the game, My qualms have nothing to do with Online only, nothing to do with it not being New Vegas pt2. My qualms with this game are unbias factual critiques,

No story whatsoever. Yes there are radio signals, holotapes and other trash story bits dropped across the wasteland but nothing deliverable. Nothing worth merit or conviction. The kinds of story pieces only NPC's WITH dialogue and choices can give you. There is nothing here, no purpose to do anything in this game.

Loot - Building. In Survival games loot and building make sense. It works in those games because let's say you need wood, you go get wood. You need whatever material you go get that material with the tool you crafted. Here in Fallout you literally just randomly walk all over the wastland picking up JUNK and you have no idea how much of it you need, what exactly you need or where to get it ETC ETC

Graphics/Performance - OMG This game looks like it came out of 2011 and honestly that's just not acceptable. AT ALL. Let's take Oblivion for example. That game literally pioneered how good graphics could be for the time period. Now look at Fallout, Looks like absolute trash. From a Triple AAA studio who ha smillions upon millions to invest in development, that's just sad and unacceptable.

Vats/Gunplay/PVP/Gameplay. Oh Geez, where to start. Firstly VATS could have worked fine in real time if it wasn;t buggy and if it had a better auto targeting system. It also absolutely should not cost AP to initiate VATS. Using AP just to start VATS is utterly ridiculous, After it starts only shooting your weapon should use up AP. Gunplay is atrocious, I'd honestly take Call of Duty II Gunplay over this and that game is over 10 years old. It boiggles my mind that ID just didn't develop the gunplay. With all of the buginess in VATS, Gunplay and abysmal hit detection PVP is impossible to take seriously. Additionally trying to hit anything moving or jumping at you is a hassle. Combine that with the Worst A.I I've ever seen in a Triple A game and you've got a disaster.
  35. Nov 15, 2018
    After a good chunk of time playing the game, I already feel like I've seen everything there is to see. And for a Bethesda game that prides itself on hours upon hours of content, that's a death sentence. If this was a released as a lower priced spin off, it would be worth full price. In it's current state? It's fun for a couple of hours, but nothing like the time you could sink into earlierAfter a good chunk of time playing the game, I already feel like I've seen everything there is to see. And for a Bethesda game that prides itself on hours upon hours of content, that's a death sentence. If this was a released as a lower priced spin off, it would be worth full price. In it's current state? It's fun for a couple of hours, but nothing like the time you could sink into earlier titles. It can also be fun with friends, but what isn't? Expand
  36. Nov 15, 2018
    Absolute garbage. This game is a disgrace to the fallout franchise and Bethesda should be embarrassed at how absolutely awful it is. It takes quite a bit of stupidity on the developers part to remove almost everything that has made fallout fun and sell a cheap and empty husk.
  37. Nov 24, 2018
    Game is a buggy mess ,no real story ,boring queste, no npcs ,even with all the nice locations it feels empty and uninteresting ,pvp absolute not working ,its basically a junk-collecting ,monitor reading and random weak enemy killing simulator
  38. Nov 14, 2018
    What a disaster. Why Bethesda thought a multiplayer Fallout game would work is beyond me. For starters, the game is painfully boring. All "quests" are given by a robot or a holotape. The world is empty and astonishingly ugly (this is probably not helped by the archaic xbone system). GTA V Next Gen from 2014 (yes 4 years ago) was miles ahead of this. Hell, Skyrim remastered wasWhat a disaster. Why Bethesda thought a multiplayer Fallout game would work is beyond me. For starters, the game is painfully boring. All "quests" are given by a robot or a holotape. The world is empty and astonishingly ugly (this is probably not helped by the archaic xbone system). GTA V Next Gen from 2014 (yes 4 years ago) was miles ahead of this. Hell, Skyrim remastered was significantly better looking than this. The gunplay is serviceable, typical Bethesda rpg fare we've seen hundreds of times before, but it's wasted even more by the abysmal pvp system/policy. Most of us saw this coming from the beta. Stop supporting this laziness by Bethesda. Avoid this game. Expand
  39. Nov 14, 2018
    A completely broken, bug riddled, $60 video game, released with a plethora of micro-transactions like it was some sort of free to play mobile game. The game has a very poor amount of content and is merely a grind fest. There is no story, and any sort of player made content or pvp (you know, the whole point of the game) has been completely removed by creating a laughable, baby mode pvp system.
  40. Nov 16, 2018
    0/10 for 0 redeeming qualities and 0 reasons to actually play the game. Any redeeming qualities that it might appear to have are taken from Fallout 4, so they don't count. Just play Fallout 4.
  41. Nov 15, 2018
    I won't forgive Bethesda for doing this to the franchise. Stop milking this cow and go back to the drawing board. The Morrowing-era engine in a $60 game in 2018 is preposterous.
  42. Nov 15, 2018
    Just a very lazy rehashing of previous IP to make a fast buck. Fallout 4 was pretty bad and this is just Bethesda cashing out on the last of the value this game has. This franchise had it's glory days and it's over.
  43. Nov 15, 2018
    Bethesda is busy fixing problems that don't exist, you know, like turning an awesome open world RPG into a buggy online fps suckfest. They should've stuck with what they were good at, making fun albeit embarrassingly buggy open world RPG games. This is an absolute train wreck and they deserve every bad review they can get. Not only are they selling this for a ridiculous $60 at a time whenBethesda is busy fixing problems that don't exist, you know, like turning an awesome open world RPG into a buggy online fps suckfest. They should've stuck with what they were good at, making fun albeit embarrassingly buggy open world RPG games. This is an absolute train wreck and they deserve every bad review they can get. Not only are they selling this for a ridiculous $60 at a time when games like RDR2, AC:O, Spiderman, Divinity OS2, Detroit BH, etc, are abounding, they have the audacity to add microtransactions. The contrast is stark and so is Bethesda's greed. It's like Jiffy Lube opening a pizza shop in their garage. No one wants that and eww! Bethesda is the only AAA studio that still manages to continually churn out game breaking bug ridden games and instead of fixing that, they chose to do this. RIP Fallout IP. Expand
  44. Nov 14, 2018
    I'm sorry but this is not fallout, this is an online multiplayer survival game with a fallout skin. I love Bethesda but this game is a huge f**k you from them to us loyal fans. I have passionately played their buggy games with long loading times built on their sh**ty engine because I love RPGs and they know how to build good RPGs. But this is an online multiplayer game with no NPCs,I'm sorry but this is not fallout, this is an online multiplayer survival game with a fallout skin. I love Bethesda but this game is a huge f**k you from them to us loyal fans. I have passionately played their buggy games with long loading times built on their sh**ty engine because I love RPGs and they know how to build good RPGs. But this is an online multiplayer game with no NPCs, dialogue options, multiple quest outcomes etc. so I am not going to bother playing this piece of garbage. There are mods better than this and they're free so I much rather play those.

Please Bethesda, this game sucks and your engine is total trash. Ditch this game and your god forsaken engine, build a new engine or use Unreal or even Unity to build a good RPG. I don't care how long it takes just give us fans good games.
  45. Nov 15, 2018
    Could you just not do this? Please? Total buggy garbage don't buy this it is not Fallout, just generic money-grubbing trash. New Vegas was broken and buggy but we loved it. This is incredibly cynical and in no way appropriate to sell for money
  46. Nov 15, 2018
    I wish I could give it a lower score.
    I am really worried about the upcoming elder scrolls
  47. Nov 14, 2018
    Fallout 76 is an absolutely soulless game, an endless void of uninspired grinding. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out why it's such an absolute chore to play, I went into it optimistically, I was honestly hoping for a good time. I've sunk a ridiculous amount of hours into the fallout and Elder Scrolls series and I've enjoyed them a lot despite their flaws but 76 just stands apart,Fallout 76 is an absolutely soulless game, an endless void of uninspired grinding. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out why it's such an absolute chore to play, I went into it optimistically, I was honestly hoping for a good time. I've sunk a ridiculous amount of hours into the fallout and Elder Scrolls series and I've enjoyed them a lot despite their flaws but 76 just stands apart, it's the black sheep of the series, the really boring black sheep. The main story is pathetic. Fallout 76 is the story of an insane man chasing quest markers around a map while pointless audio logs play in the background. You do not have any goals or direction, there are no characters to get you engaged or immersed in the game, just an endless series of quest markers to follow around. Saying the story is half-assed would be an overstatement, it's closer to no assed. The world is actually quite beautiful, the environments look really great and contain many different visually distinct areas, it's just too bad there's nothing in this world worth finding. There is literally no challenge in this game at all. Almost every enemy takes one or two shots to kill, while the player seems to be built like a tank. The power armor in this game works similar to the the star powerup in Super Mario Bros, you never die... At first I thought this was just because I was in a low-level area, but I ended up running into an enemy that was nearly double my level at one point and he was basically no threat whatsoever, I just back pedaled down the road and shot him in the face a few times. This game's difficulty feels like I'm playing fallout 4 on the "game journalist" difficulty. It is mind-numbingly boring and as a result of that I quickly started using fast travel whenever I possibly could to avoid fighting endless waves of impotent enemies. Let's talk about the loot, which is basically the only reason to play the game. There's no story and the enemies suck, so the loot has to be good right? This was the moment of revelation for me, this was the point that I figured it out, fallout 76 is not a Fallout game, it's a F-ing MMO. The core gameplay is there, it's a shooting game where you collect loot and level up, but all the joy of playing a Fallout game is just absent. There are no cool characters to meet, there are no interesting areas to explore I would go as far to say there really are no quests. Every area is just go here, kill dudes, pick up loot and return. And is the loot even worth anything? No of course not, MMOs are designed to waste your time, so you'll find 500000 pipe pistols that are all worth one cap. Thank You Todd. Let's talk about the cash shop. I don't really need to say anything about this. There is a cashshop and everyone knows cashshops are cancer. The leveling completely sucks, I have no idea how they F-ed this up so bad. The leveling up in Skyrim and fallout 4 was awesome, there were so many good perks to choose from and every level made you feel tangibly stronger. But leveling up in fallout 76 is pretty bland, the game randomizes the perks you can choose from and most of them are really anemic. I honestly couldn't tell much of a difference between my character when I was level one versus when I was level 20. It felt more or less the same. And because of the randomness, there's basically no chance that you can specialise towards a specific kind of build, you're just sort of stuck with whatever they give you. I imagine that after a few hundred hours of playtime you might be able to collect all the different perks, but there is no way I'm gonna suffer through to that point. This game handicaps itself by being so pathetically easy, why would you ever bother to team up with someone who's going to take half of your loot if you can play just as effectively solo. it's completely pointless. And even if you are brain-dead enough to actually need help with a quest good luck finding another player who has the exact same quest, is a similar level and actually wants to team up with you. You are probably more likely to win the lottery, so the co-op is totally pointless. The PvP is not only also pointless but it's also fundamentally broken. The way the PvP works is that when you shoot a player it sends a duel request and does a tiny amount of damage to that player, then if that player shoots back at you it starts a duel and then you both do full damage to each other. The problem here is that the person who sends the duel request by shooting first will always lose because the way you initiate the duel is by shooting back, meaning that if someone shoots you, you can just walk straight up to them, go into your inventory, put on your power armor, pop a psycho, get out your strongest shotgun and then just vats in on their head and get a critical and you'll kill them in one hit. You win the duel there's nothing they can do to stop you from doing this because they cannot damage you until you shoot back. it's just the most broken system. Expand
  48. Nov 15, 2018
    I see Bethesda employees are all over metacritic, giving it perfect score while listing bugs, bad graphics, bad pvp. Hilarious.
  49. Nov 15, 2018
    NPC is the best elements always in fallout series that give your the feeling that you are living in a real world and really helping some people and change the world's development. Without NPC fallout is terrible ..
  50. Nov 15, 2018
    This is not fallout, it's not even a game, it's a shell of a broken piece of garbage, completely lifeless, buggy and empty. Bethesda has reached a new low, I hadn't seen such a terrible boring and unfinished "game" in my life. This thing is worth $60 and with microtransactions, which by the way it's the only thing that works properly? What a joke! Avoid at all cost! this broken piece ofThis is not fallout, it's not even a game, it's a shell of a broken piece of garbage, completely lifeless, buggy and empty. Bethesda has reached a new low, I hadn't seen such a terrible boring and unfinished "game" in my life. This thing is worth $60 and with microtransactions, which by the way it's the only thing that works properly? What a joke! Avoid at all cost! this broken piece of crap is the best definition of barren. I hadn't felt so insulted in my life, how can you destroy the fallout franchise like this? give it to Obsidian so they can do it justice. You with Fallout and Activision Blizzard with Diablo are in a competition to see who can destroy their franchise first Expand
  51. Nov 15, 2018
    This game is a twist on the Fallout universe no one who loved 3 or New Vegas wanted. Bethesda, you need to stop trying to make all the money and be happy your fans haven't abandoned you yet and earn that money by making good games. Online loot shooters need to die and how you are going to go woke and go broke if you keep this up. I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but you signed upThis game is a twist on the Fallout universe no one who loved 3 or New Vegas wanted. Bethesda, you need to stop trying to make all the money and be happy your fans haven't abandoned you yet and earn that money by making good games. Online loot shooters need to die and how you are going to go woke and go broke if you keep this up. I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but you signed up for the single player business and that's where you should stay. Expand
  52. Nov 16, 2018
    Most of the fun of previous Fallout games centered around the wacky dialogue and behavior of the NPCs, and the ridiculous ways they'd interact with each other. From their absurd requests to their hilarious and often totally misguided conflicts with each other, I could usually overlook the dreadful game mechanics and technical workings of the game because the NPCs were just so thoroughlyMost of the fun of previous Fallout games centered around the wacky dialogue and behavior of the NPCs, and the ridiculous ways they'd interact with each other. From their absurd requests to their hilarious and often totally misguided conflicts with each other, I could usually overlook the dreadful game mechanics and technical workings of the game because the NPCs were just so thoroughly amusing.

With Fallout 76, it seems that Bethesda has stripped away the aspects of the game that made it worthwhile, and lazily left in everything that made it so frustrating and broken. Even most of the bugs and broken mechanics that were in Fallout 4 initially are still here, along with a slew of new issues. The game just feels like garbage to play, and it looks like a total mess. I'm glad I played this game on a friend's machine instead of purchasing it myself, and I feel bad for all of the people who foolishly pre-purchased it at full price (with even more milking to come through microtransactions and future DLC).
  53. Nov 14, 2018
    While it sounds interesting on paper, in practice Fallout 76 as a shared universe with PvP combat just doesn't work. I loved Fallout 3 and 4 as well as New Vegas. I loved them in spite of their clunky graphics and less than great gunplay. I loved them because of the bleak, funny story and the chance to get lost in it. Well, Fallout 76 is the clunky gameplay with the great storyWhile it sounds interesting on paper, in practice Fallout 76 as a shared universe with PvP combat just doesn't work. I loved Fallout 3 and 4 as well as New Vegas. I loved them in spite of their clunky graphics and less than great gunplay. I loved them because of the bleak, funny story and the chance to get lost in it. Well, Fallout 76 is the clunky gameplay with the great story stripped out and frankly, playing online with other people sucks. I barely made it out of Vault 76 when there was some idiot standing their hitting me in the head with a pipe. Where's the fun in that? Expand
  54. Nov 14, 2018
    Fallout 76 is not a game for the fans it's a game for the wallet of investors.
    Fallout fans will be extremely disappointed in this game while new players might find some fun in it.
    Everything that was Fallout have been removed and you are left with a almost empty shell of a game. Building is very disappointing and fairly buggy. PVP is useless and there is no incentive to PVP unless
    Fallout 76 is not a game for the fans it's a game for the wallet of investors.

Building is very disappointing and fairly buggy.
    PVP is useless and there is no incentive to PVP unless you want to grief people by removing the floor beneath them.
    Weapon modification has less then half the options in Fallout 4.
    Gear drop is stupid since the good gear has level requirements way above your current level.
    There is very little story and about 40% of it you have to read the rest is from holotapes.
    There are NPC's but none are memorable or have anything to offer dialogue wise.
    The world feel really lifeless, way to lifeless even for a post apocalyptic world. Teaming up with randoms is almost impossible.

There are bugs, but i have not encountered anything game breaking so far. Mostly animation issues and the occasional flying body. Your camp can get reset between log outs if someone else build their camp near yours.
    The game is far to easy. You can kill a level 12 mob at level 4 with ease.
    Microtransactions are there but can be ignored. But it would be better if they weren't there at all.

But with all that said the game is certainly not a 0/10. With friends you can have a good time but i would be surprised if anyone plays this to max level.

It's not worth the full 60 bucks so you are better of waiting for a sale and get it when it is below 25 bucks.

Maybe Fallout 76 will become like No Mans Sky and actually get good after 1 year of updates, but as it currently stands it's a soulless game made with no passion.
  55. Nov 14, 2018
    this game cheeks and I think everybody should be informed of the 20 year old engine reskinning and all of that
  56. Nov 15, 2018
    This game is an absolute bore. All you do is explore a town, listen to a bunch of audio tapes, and then kill a bunch of ghouls. Rinse and repeat over and over. No compelling story or character building at all. Fell asleep at my keyboard often. Do not recommend
  57. Nov 15, 2018
    Not a great deal I can say that hasn't already been said. This game is awful, it's broken, looks like a PS2 game, is riddled with pointless microtransactions, has poor controls and is mind numbingly boring. Avoid this like the plague.
  58. Nov 16, 2018
    I would like to know why EXACTLY they changed this game so much. Were previous customers actually consulted on what they wanted more of or was it a poorly thought out executive decision. If I wanted to interact with random people and "join up" I would have played Call of Duty. Hydration, Food Consumption, any interaction with other players, fast travel cost should all be OPTIONAL! Oh andI would like to know why EXACTLY they changed this game so much. Were previous customers actually consulted on what they wanted more of or was it a poorly thought out executive decision. If I wanted to interact with random people and "join up" I would have played Call of Duty. Hydration, Food Consumption, any interaction with other players, fast travel cost should all be OPTIONAL! Oh and Thanks for pimping me for another 60 dollars for Xbox Gold. What a stupid design overall. I can't pause the game, how dumb. This game sucks compared to the last one. Expand
  59. Nov 15, 2018
    I love fallout, I literally own every game from the original isometric game to the ARPG on the ps2 to fallout4, but this is the 1st game I have hated. Its so buggy boring and just bad.

You let everyone down Bethesda.
  60. Nov 14, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. An insult to the Fallout community, a spotlight on Bethesda's outdated software and lack of effort. I strongly recommend avoiding this game until it is either drastically improved or it is Free to Play. Expand
  61. Nov 14, 2018
    The game is essentially unplayable. I wouldn't recommend his game to anyone, unless you're a hardcore Bethesda fan and just needed to buy this game. I get it. I'm a COD fan boy and I even bought Advanced Warfare. But even I knew not to buy Infinite Warfare (which is what this game is the equivalent to).

To summarize this game: glitchy. Quests won't even work, and not to mention that there's not even a storyline or any NPCs. Sometimes an enemy would just spawn on you and you just ... die. If you still want to buy the game after that well ... have fun.
  62. Nov 14, 2018
    I suggest you watch an hour of continuous game play and then make your decision. If you are bored watching you will be bored playing it. I will never pre-order from Bethesda again. Same graphics and awkward movement as the last fallout games without the memorable NPCs. NO NPCS. Past Fallout games above all else has had memorable characters and intriguing story lines. Not this one. AddI suggest you watch an hour of continuous game play and then make your decision. If you are bored watching you will be bored playing it. I will never pre-order from Bethesda again. Same graphics and awkward movement as the last fallout games without the memorable NPCs. NO NPCS. Past Fallout games above all else has had memorable characters and intriguing story lines. Not this one. Add glitchy servers and immersion breaking multiplayer among other disappointments. Feels like nothing was improved (i.e. game play) and a lot has been taken out or made worse. I consider myself a huge Fallout fan and I can't stomach playing this anymore. Expand
  63. Nov 15, 2018
    Incredibly disappointed with this game having paid fifty quid for what appears to be a hideously grinding sequence of objectives interspersed with clumsy, frustrating combat. If this was marketed as a cheap add on to Fallout 4 it would have been fine but honestly three hours in I’m bored to death and I won’t be going back to it. Awful. Truly awful. What were they even thinking? Well apartIncredibly disappointed with this game having paid fifty quid for what appears to be a hideously grinding sequence of objectives interspersed with clumsy, frustrating combat. If this was marketed as a cheap add on to Fallout 4 it would have been fine but honestly three hours in I’m bored to death and I won’t be going back to it. Awful. Truly awful. What were they even thinking? Well apart from *KERCHING* obviously. Expand
  64. Nov 15, 2018
    Gameplay: clunky, boring, full of glitches.
    Graphics: Old looking
    Sound: weapons sound very unrealistic
    Longevity: None. No end game content
  65. Nov 15, 2018
    All I can say is thank you Bethesda for having a BETA (that I had to preorder it to get into...) so I could save my money and spend it on RDR 2, which actually deserves it. Notice how the reviews giving this game a 10 (give me break) are saying all these negative reviews are bots or trolls who haven't even played the game. Do you think we want to hate Fallout? It's one of my favoriteAll I can say is thank you Bethesda for having a BETA (that I had to preorder it to get into...) so I could save my money and spend it on RDR 2, which actually deserves it. Notice how the reviews giving this game a 10 (give me break) are saying all these negative reviews are bots or trolls who haven't even played the game. Do you think we want to hate Fallout? It's one of my favorite franchises but the writing has been on the wall since Fallout 4. It's not being 'whiny' for voicing displeasure to a company instead of being 'grateful' I get to give them my money. The same thing happened when The Last Jedi came out, trying to discredit a fan base for reacting to this disgrace.

For those defending the game, I'm not saying you're wrong for liking it, but how long can you see yourself playing it? From someone who has spent way too much time on every other Bethesda title this is a major disappointment, bugs aside. You can call the bad reviews bots, but the ones giving it a 10 and calling it a "masterpiece/best Fallout game they've ever played" seem fishier to me.
  66. Nov 14, 2018
    This is quite possibly the laziest mmo I have ever had the displeasure of playing. First things first, the gameplay is copied right from Fallout 4 which would be fine if it weren't for the fact that Fallout 4 had a lot more to do and a lot more to it. This game is incredibly empty with no real npc's to interact with, workbenches and the like that can only be utilized by a single player atThis is quite possibly the laziest mmo I have ever had the displeasure of playing. First things first, the gameplay is copied right from Fallout 4 which would be fine if it weren't for the fact that Fallout 4 had a lot more to do and a lot more to it. This game is incredibly empty with no real npc's to interact with, workbenches and the like that can only be utilized by a single player at a team leading to waiting in line for the chance to do anything, player collision systems that stop players from moving through each other making it so that people who stop in door ways stop everyone else from entering the building. Monsters spawn far to frequently and attack based solely on seeing a player, meaning trolls simply lead large groups of monsters into populated areas and let them loose on unsuspecting players. On top of that the story, if you want to call it that, is really, really lazy and poorly done. It honestly might as well not even be there. Now we can get to the best part, that the game is a buggy mess! This truly is a failure in every way. If you want a good fallout experience but have completed 4 then go back and play 1,2,tactics, 3 or NV. This game isn't
    even worth being free.
  67. Nov 15, 2018
    Of all the things that disappoint me about Fallout 76, the Bethesda apologists have to be the worst part. Anyone making a claim that any and every bad review of this game is coming from someone who hasn't played it is making a massive generalization and huge logical fallacy. But nothing they do can amount to the mistake Bethesda made when they decided to make this game.

Let me be clear

Let me be clear about a couple things first: I wanted a multiplayer Fallout game; I wanted a new setting, and the one they chose for Fallout 76 is great; I've been a lifelong fan of Bethesda despite a long history of flawed launches and games that are total messes.

And let's also be clear about a things on the flip side: Fallout 76 is not a Fallout game and never should have been referred to as such; Bethesda is a different company today than they were years ago, and not in a good way; Fallout 76 on its own is an awful title intended to exploit consumers. And because I'll inevitably be referred to by some Bethesda apologist sheep as a "salty fanboy who doesn't have the game" I'll just go ahead and prove everything I've said.

1. Fallout traditionally is unpredictable and focuses VERY heavily on choice. One action here creates a totally different scenario at this point. Characters "remember" your choices and the world feels alive as a result. But Fallout 76 does not have a single NPC in it. They used this as a selling point for this game! Every quest is predictable. For every fetch marker that tells you to talk to Person A, you already know that they're dead or gone. If the game world is inherently dead, then it renders the potential to have any meaningful choice and any semblance of gravity completely null. If the game world is dead, the game is dead, and it's boring to watch, boring to play, and a lazy design decision.

2. The only polished feature in this game is the Atom Shop, where you pay real money to buy cosmetics and features in the game. I suppose it's worth noting that you don't have to buy Atoms to get them, but it's yet another game where Bethesda needlessly implemented microtransactions and made it a center piece of the game. Fallout Shelter is an entirely single-player game and relies on the player buying loot boxes to progress. It's also worth noting that features that players (including the ones mindlessly rating the game as a 10) asked for simple QoL features that every game has natively, like ultra-wide support, FOV sliders, and oh... I don't know... not enabling speed hacks on the server by editing a client configuration file.

3. This game cannot be refunded. For some reason I cannot fathom, no one is talking about this. It's very clearly written on Bethesda.net under their store policy that all digital purchases that are redeemed cannot under any circumstances except those as required by law be refunded by Bethesda. At first, I wondered why they wouldn't release the game on Steam. I thought it might have to do with aggregate user reviews, and maybe that's part of it, but the main reason is almost certainly the fact that Steam would refund people who purchased Fallout 76 if they didn't like it, and it would seem that most don't. Pre-orders could be cancelled had they not been redeemed, but anything purchased or redeemed through the Bethesda launcher itself cannot and will not be unless there is a change in Bethesda's policy.

4. No modding support until late 2019. This is asinine. They claim their upgrades to the Creation Engine are partly to help modders create content, and yet they hold off on releasing it for Fallout 4 and Fallout 76, both games that seriously needed modders' help just to get the game to run at an acceptable level. Regardless of whether or not they support modding, the game is an open book. Go ahead and edit packets and modify files, the server doesn't check to see if any of it's modified. There's a new account every day of someone exploiting the game. A few hours ago, someone figured out how to access nuke launch codes whenever they want.

5. Reused assets, retconned lore. Yeah, I'm a Fallout fanboy. I only care that the story I spent hours reading about in previous Fallout games is worthless in the face of Fallout 76 and Emil Pagliarulo. Thanks for the radiant quests, I guess I'll take those in exchange for you spitting on the grave of Interplay and Black Isle who, might I add, exuded more creativity and passion in a few days than the Bethesda of today can in years.

6. They are still using an engine from 2006 at the earliest. If you feed me a lie about how the Creation Engine isn't that old, you have no idea what you're talking about. The engine version they licensed comes from the version they used for Oblivion at the earliest, Fallout 3 at the latest. That's the version they were allowed to work on for the Creation Engine. It is a budget engine covered in duct tape, and the fact they're using it still shows they have zero respect for you and I as fans.
  68. Nov 15, 2018
    This is a very raw and boring game, regardless of whether you are playing alone or not alone.
    Standard actions, the absence of the NPC, annoying combat system, a simple journey around the world quickly bored, nothing to catch in the game
  69. Nov 14, 2018
    Avoid - no plot, broken PVP, bad security, ancient engine, no NPCs - if you are interested the price will crash. Buy it then.

I loved fallout 3, fallout new vegas and fallout 4.

This game was just a cash grab.
  70. Nov 15, 2018
    Worst "Game" I have ever endured. Shame, this could have been so much better :/
  71. Nov 14, 2018
    No story. No NPCs. No comprehensible lore. And putting aside the hollow feeling you get in your gut when you see a series that used to be a critique of the consumer culture of America and the dangers of unthinking violence, turned into a mindless, bug-ridden, soulless game - it's heartbreaking.
  72. Nov 14, 2018
    Fallout 76, or it should be named Frameout 76 because its massive framedrops. One of the worst optimized videogames so far. Terrible.
    Truly an insult to the gamer community.
  73. Nov 14, 2018
    Very disapointing game! Nothing to do with the atmosphere of a fallout game, instead it feels empty and looks like a easy zero-effort cash grab. BGS got inspired by ZOS's ESO: wrong move to me
  74. Nov 15, 2018
    Its just a re-release of Fallout 4, with an online feature, no NPC's, Fast Travel you pretty much need to use all the time, and griefers. $60 to buy this... then microtransactions worth $20 to get paint for your power armor. Just paint. and just for power armor. I've already uninstalled after about 4 hours. Bethesda is not what it used to be.
  75. Nov 15, 2018
    Pure unadulterated garbage. This is in alpha state. On a decade-old game engine. Constant crashes and bugs, enemies get stuck on the environment or otherwise have their AI glitch out, the balance is terrible, etc.

And even if these bugs were polished out, the game itself is a turd. No NPCs, no real quests, just wandering around shooting things with friends. I guess Bethesda was banking on people having fun with their friends to carry the game but it's just an empty sandbox. This lazy cash-in on the Fallout franchise isn't worth your money.
  76. Nov 15, 2018
    Longtime fan of this series. Fallout 3 and New Vegas are probably my favorites games ever.

Bitter? Yes. Sad? Very. They are killing this franchise with this title. They no longer have my loyalty and I would never pre-order from them again. They have taken arguably one of the best RPGS and turned into a less than average MMO. Then they buy reviewers and try to silence the unpaid reviewers and just say they are being emotional. Yes. I am may emotional but my opinion is valid. So anyway, on the to my opinion of the actual game.

This game is boring. No NPCs, bland graphics and a waste of a great setting. So much empty space with no interaction with anything or any other person. "Cards" take away any meaningful choice or character development. Skip this cash grab.
  77. Nov 15, 2018
    Buyer beware. I’m one of the idiots who were so excited about the new Fallout that I didn’t read the fine print saying one needed to buy a PS4+ subscription to play. I’ve downloaded the game, but I will not fork out even more money to pay for a game that is receiving such crummy reviews. I’d really like my money back, but I know that cause is hopeless. I wish there was a version that oneBuyer beware. I’m one of the idiots who were so excited about the new Fallout that I didn’t read the fine print saying one needed to buy a PS4+ subscription to play. I’ve downloaded the game, but I will not fork out even more money to pay for a game that is receiving such crummy reviews. I’d really like my money back, but I know that cause is hopeless. I wish there was a version that one could play solo with NPCs instead of live characters. Expand
  78. Nov 16, 2018
    **** eat and drink mode. In one our ingame, i eat and drink thinks for one month in realy time.
    I only spend time with eating and drinking
    The other time i spend with looting eat and drink :-(
  79. Nov 14, 2018
    I truly feel that this game is an artistic failing, that has completely abandoned its roots in order to embrace the masses with limited attention spans. There is no depth here and its essentially just radiant quests forever. It might be fun with friends, but there are better more deserving games. Don't sheepishly go along with the marketing manufactured hype and reward the removal ofI truly feel that this game is an artistic failing, that has completely abandoned its roots in order to embrace the masses with limited attention spans. There is no depth here and its essentially just radiant quests forever. It might be fun with friends, but there are better more deserving games. Don't sheepishly go along with the marketing manufactured hype and reward the removal of artistic integrity within games, especially from series' that featured mostly fantastic immersive RPG experiences. Expand
  80. Nov 15, 2018
    Lack of NPCs, the game is full of bugs, the game world is empty and boring,slaughtered the game, come to you, bestheda , game infamous
  81. Nov 16, 2018
    Overview:
    A major downgrade in the Fallout series. Most of the good was literally ripped from Fallout 4, using the same engine, and almost all the same sprites, items, mechanics, and environmental features. Almost everything they added in that was new or changed was a step down in quality.
    Overview:

The story is awful, the gameplay is boring and frustrating, and the immersion (what Bethesda is known for) is non-existent. The only real redeeming features are the aesthetic, the large, open world, and the social aspect, but those aren't enough to save it.

Ultimately, Fallout 76 feels like less of a AAA game about living in a post-apocalyptic world, and more of a C game about cosplaying as a post-apocalypse survivor in a mediocre LARP theme park.

The Good:
    1) Great Aesthetic: Beautiful scenery that makes you feel like you're truly immersed in a post-apocalyptic world, and with a solid soundtrack.

2) Open World: The game takes place in a giant, relatively well-designed open world for you to explore.

3) Other Players: Other people can make it fun through the depth they add in socialization, teamwork, and interaction. I found teaming up with friends to be rewarding, and some of the group events in the world could be a little fun to take part in with strangers, to an extent.

The Mediocre:
    1) Some Decent Mechanics: Combat mechanics are ok, but not great (in line with lower level FPS games). This game finally added rifles that do real damage, but shoot slower, which has long been asked for. Crafting and modding mechanics help add some personal touch to the game.

The Bad:
    1) Story: The story is pretty bad. It's told entirely through holotapes, but they botched it terribly. It's mainly just a series of boring, droning on monologues from "survivors" asking you to come to point B, where you have to shoot things, then point C where you have to shoot things, and so on. The whole game is basically just a scavenger hunt that completely lacks spirit or intrigue.

2) Motivation: Why should I care about a bunch of holotapes? There are literally no NPC's to be affected by your decisions, and because it's a shared world, you literally cannot change anything in the world at all, not even small things, because other people still have to do the same quests you did later. (In fact, sometimes you see people line up to do the same objective that literally should only have to be done once, like opening a water valve. The immersion is completely broken when this happens, and it happens often.)

3) Reward System: The reward system makes no sense and feels so detached and anti-immersive. Because there are no NPC's to reward you, after you complete a "quest" you simply receive random loot in your inventory for no reason.

4) No NPC's: To maintain a no NPC environment in the story, they have to go to ridiculous lengths to justify it. Basically, in every quest line that you are supposed to "meet someone," they turn up dead. It becomes hilariously predictable and unbelievable fast. No NPC stories can work, but this game has failed terribly at it.

5) Heavy Focus on Meh PVE: PVE is pretty much the only thing that happens that matters at all in this game, and it gets repetitive and uninteresting fast. Basically it's the same as FO4, but with no real sentient villains to care about or share dialogue with. PVE is not what Bethesda is known for, and this game relies too heavily on it for a game that doesn't do it very well.

6) Bad PVP: So, the only villains left are other players, EXCEPT there's not enough motivation to PVP, so it doesn't really happen, or is uninteresting when it does.

7) Survival Mechanics: Hunger, thirst and weapon condition were added to this game, but were poorly executed. I might have cared less about this if the game was fun, but it just pours salt in the wound when I'm already bored, and I'm having to deal with running out of ammo, food, water, healing items, and my weapons breaking all the time.

8) Downgraded Building Mechanic: The CAMP system is not an awful building mechanic, but it is a major downgrade from the settlement building/management system of Fallout 4. It's also worth noting that they advertised improvements in this area and never delivered.

9) Buggy & Poor Programming: There are a number of bugs & poor scripts in the game. For example, there are area defense quests, where I found myself literally sometimes seeing enemies spawn in front if me inside the defending area, which should never happen. This was not close to the only issue I experienced, but it was one of the worst.

Final Score: 4.4/10

Buying Recommendation: It may be worth playing if you don't care about story, immersion, dialogue, or exciting gameplay, and you just really want a game with a good post-apocalyptic aesthetic that you can mindlessly explore, or play online with friends and strangers. However, even then, wait for it to go on sale. It definitely does not warrant a AAA price tag.
  82. Nov 15, 2018
    it's seems bethesda take the fallout 4 and make huge Dlc with online. i think it is time to move on to the next Engine-It's looks pretty bad for nows days. as i, love the single player, this game really not for me. disappointed.
  83. Nov 15, 2018
    The franchise is no longer an RPG. this game is nothing like Fallout 1 or 2 or 3 or new vegas. it's awful.
  84. Nov 14, 2018
    This game is meant to be enjoyed with friends. This game is absolutely depressing if played solo. There is no way on earth to justify the full price of this game.
  85. Nov 14, 2018
    “It just works” guys. Unfinished game and a clear cash grab. Won’t release on steam which is an obvious scam on Beth part. They know everyone would refund it. Can’t wait for the suckers on IGN and Kotaku to flat out lie to me. Still using the same engine and are a multi million dolllar company it’s just pathetic. Can’t believe “fans” support this. We are doomed because of Timmy the“It just works” guys. Unfinished game and a clear cash grab. Won’t release on steam which is an obvious scam on Beth part. They know everyone would refund it. Can’t wait for the suckers on IGN and Kotaku to flat out lie to me. Still using the same engine and are a multi million dolllar company it’s just pathetic. Can’t believe “fans” support this. We are doomed because of Timmy the consumer, but he isn’t 8 anymore he’s 18. Not my Fallout. Expand
  86. Nov 15, 2018
    This game is the biggest disappointment of all time for me. A fallout game with terrible quests, and almost no story. The glitches are HORRIBLE, and almost make it unplayable. This is basically just a worse version of Ark: Survival Evolved, go buy that game instead, at least it functions properly.
  87. Nov 22, 2018
    After ~150gb of downloads and updates is a game riddled with bugs, frame rate problems and crashes. The "game" is a boring 2nd life with long slow travels walking to constantly find food and water. You're health and action bars are constantly lowered by unavoidable disease, irradiation, thirst and hunger. Your inventory is low, vendors carry little cash and necessary supplies are limited.After ~150gb of downloads and updates is a game riddled with bugs, frame rate problems and crashes. The "game" is a boring 2nd life with long slow travels walking to constantly find food and water. You're health and action bars are constantly lowered by unavoidable disease, irradiation, thirst and hunger. Your inventory is low, vendors carry little cash and necessary supplies are limited. So fine the game forces you to live with very little. Don't get attached to a good weapon because it breaks and you don't have the resources to repair it. Don't build because someone will drop a nuke and you'll lose your camp. Don't modify anything because again it'll break and you can't repair it without looking for items for hours. You can't afford to buy them. You can't afford to fast travel and you can't run so you'll walk forever to go anywhere. If you do fast travel free back to base and when you go through doors both with long load times you'll likely be surrounded by a hoard of enemies when you spawn and you'll die. When you die you lose all junk and you have to go back and die again trying to retrieve it if someone doesn't steal it first. There's no way to play co-op even with friends much less strangers because everyone will take different times to manage items, health, read/listen to items. There's so few people on your server on a huge map there's no help in public events which give you fewer gifts than the supplies you'll use accomplishing them. And if you claim a workshop for a public event your caps were spent on something that disappears when you log off or someone steals it. Welcome to your new life. Basically don't buy, build or get attached to anything. Live off of whatever weapon you can find at the moment and when it breaks or the ammo runs out have a back-up and pick up whatever else is dropped. The maps will show you in general where you'll be walking to but won't show local maps or anything helpful like locations for benches. Since the game is live good luck trying to hack a computer because you'll be attacked during. And good luck trying to use the vats or manage weapon and health items during combat. So if living with nothing, having your whole day be occupied with looking for food and water and having what little you acquire be taken away this is the game for you. Expand
  88. Nov 14, 2018
    Horrible game, not even worth 5 bucks. I made an account just to make this review. Spend your money elsewhere.
  89. Nov 15, 2018
    Hello. This is my first review so be gentle. First things first, the people who are rating this game anything above 7/10 are straight up lying. Also the 0/10 and 1/10 are also exaggerated. This game in its current state feels like an 20 dollar early-access game. Keep in mind it was developed by a Triple-A studio so normally you would expect a quality game for your 60 dollars that this gameHello. This is my first review so be gentle. First things first, the people who are rating this game anything above 7/10 are straight up lying. Also the 0/10 and 1/10 are also exaggerated. This game in its current state feels like an 20 dollar early-access game. Keep in mind it was developed by a Triple-A studio so normally you would expect a quality game for your 60 dollars that this game costs. On top of that price tag you get microtransactions, hell yeah. How these so called game "journalists" are ok with this is beyond me 'cough' Schreier 'cough'. The game itself is really bland. Especially the story/quests that remind of a certain Preston Garvey, hmm i wonder why. But seriously though .Combat is fine, just like in fallout 4 which was decent. World feels quite empty, considering its essentially the only thing you do in the game; Explore. Fallout 76 PvP mechanics are not what you want in a multiplayer game. You seriously need consent for PvP; garbage. While writing this beatiful review i came to the conclusion that this is boring and i dont want to write any longer. Oh, i nearly forgot to mention the awful Pc-port. Due to bethesda's bootleg game engine, the game is locked at 63 fps. Controls feel clunky and are not fit for a online game, Pipboy etc. You cant rebind hard coded keys, amazing. Also you cant change essential graphical options like DoF, Fov and Bloom. Not good. If you managed to read this garbage all the way through, well done, i'm proud of you, love from Finland. Expand
  90. Nov 15, 2018
    Bethesda non poteva fare una scelta più infelice. Adoro Fallout ma odio i giochi multiplayer. Sto provando a giocarlo in solitaria ma risulta una delle peggiori esperienze videoludiche della mia vita. Speriamo col tempo possa risollevarsi...
  91. Nov 16, 2018
    I've registered only to write this review. I've been playing Fallout for my entire life, starting form it's 1st part; got many discussions about how bad or good are NV, F3, F4. 4th part was pretty bad and stupid as for me. But this... This is as bad as game just can be. After this piece of garbage I would rate 4th part 9/10 because otherwise I can't scale down the grade for "76" enough:I've registered only to write this review. I've been playing Fallout for my entire life, starting form it's 1st part; got many discussions about how bad or good are NV, F3, F4. 4th part was pretty bad and stupid as for me. But this... This is as bad as game just can be. After this piece of garbage I would rate 4th part 9/10 because otherwise I can't scale down the grade for "76" enough: "None / 10". F76 is the worst game ever. God please. If you just released it under other name. Or didn't try to sell it like something good. You just have dishonored the whole title. Everyone who used to develop this game must be shamed for the rest of their life until they pulicly apologize. Devs, you have to return money for everyone who bought it, think about your souls and karma.
    P.S. Forgot about "Brotherhood" part. Even "brotherhood" was infinitly better than "76". Never though I would say something like this.
  92. Nov 14, 2018
    The game, at its very core, is a boring slog of inane missions which are there as an extremely dull distraction from an empty and lackluster world. If the premise of the "game" you are attempting to sell relies primarily playing with friends, then the game needs to provide an interesting environment in which these experiences can happen in. This game utterly fails at that.
  93. Nov 15, 2018
    Was a terrible idea from its inception, seems to have actually gotten worse.
  94. Nov 15, 2018
    A terrible lazy insult to all Bethesda fans, the fallout and elder scrolls game need an updated engine and a better vision for their games.
  95. Nov 15, 2018
    Cons: totally dead world. Fallout, in my opinion wasn't an interesting universe because the world was destroyed, but how humanity and nature had adapted to the world being destroyed in order to continue surviving. Not here. It's just empty. Boring. The gameplay loop is pick-up junk, shoot monsters, pick up junk. That's it. The PS4 version runs horrendously, running at like 3 fpsCons: totally dead world. Fallout, in my opinion wasn't an interesting universe because the world was destroyed, but how humanity and nature had adapted to the world being destroyed in order to continue surviving. Not here. It's just empty. Boring. The gameplay loop is pick-up junk, shoot monsters, pick up junk. That's it. The PS4 version runs horrendously, running at like 3 fps when in combat in areas with more assets.

On top of it all, playing it literally makes me sick. The FOV is so bad, the framerate so poor and inconsistency, a terrible blur you can't disable covering everything.

Maybe my least favorite game of the last decade. It's that bad.
  96. Nov 14, 2018
    You all know and loved Fallout series, especially Fallout 3 and New Vegas, and some of you even like Fallout 4 with the camp building system, however, Fallout 76, although is fun with friends, is not the Fallout Series you dreamed and loved, but something different. And this shouldn't be a Fallout game due to the lack of NPCs. The game also just an import of Fallout 4 engine with someYou all know and loved Fallout series, especially Fallout 3 and New Vegas, and some of you even like Fallout 4 with the camp building system, however, Fallout 76, although is fun with friends, is not the Fallout Series you dreamed and loved, but something different. And this shouldn't be a Fallout game due to the lack of NPCs. The game also just an import of Fallout 4 engine with some graphical improvement, don't get me wrong, I love this game, but for the sake of every gamer, skip this game and wait for Elder Scroll 6 and Fallout 5? And spend money on helping the climate future so we will not be in the scenarios of the Fallout settings. Expand
  97. Nov 15, 2018
    This is not a fallout. This is **** for pumping out money. RIP Bethesda. Never again buy any of your game. This publisher no longer exists for me.
  98. Nov 15, 2018
    Wow....FYI, I never do reviews and I created a Metacritic account just to let people know that their money will be better spent elsewhere, because a Fallout game this is not! I've given it a couple of days and tried to give it a fair shot but this game is a hot mess. The no NPC angle might have sounded interesting but its produced a game world that feels empty. A hallmark of the FalloutWow....FYI, I never do reviews and I created a Metacritic account just to let people know that their money will be better spent elsewhere, because a Fallout game this is not! I've given it a couple of days and tried to give it a fair shot but this game is a hot mess. The no NPC angle might have sounded interesting but its produced a game world that feels empty. A hallmark of the Fallout series IS the interaction with the various inhabitants of the wasteland and the moral decisions that come from those interactions. You've essentially gutted the core from the Fallout experience! It hoinestly feels like the decision to remove any NPCs was made out of pure laziness or an effort to cut development costs down to the ground. I got a squad together to try the multiplayer aspect out and its nice to play together but the game itself just feels boring! If you enjoyed aspects of the game like crafting, thats been gutted too. Fallout 4 had an amazing system that allowed you to customize weapons to make unique pieces that could be adapted to your play style, thats all gone now. I could go on and on about how terrible this game is but I honestly hope that they find someway to fix this train wreck. Whatever Bathesda's intentions were with this game, it comes across as an insult to players that have supported their games for years. Honest review folks, watch some of the gameplay videos and see if ti interests you but beware on this one. This game has no story, no heart, and comes across as a complete cash grab by a studio that has passed it's prime. Expand
  99. Nov 15, 2018
    RASSTRELYAT!
    Till the last moment I thought that it is some kinda of joke.
    Just trash - pass it please. It is a scar on the Fallout universe body.
    I hope this game wont bury the universe. I hope Bethesda will give this franchise to people, that know what to do. I hope to see New Vegas again...
  100. Nov 16, 2018
    What an unfortunate mess this game is. There is literally nothing but an empty world with repetitive enemies in it. Be bored alone, or play bored together with a friend. Not quite sure exactly where the enjoyment is meant to come from. It's not on steam because the developers/publishers didn't want the convenience of refunding to be available to consumers. If this is the future of games, IWhat an unfortunate mess this game is. There is literally nothing but an empty world with repetitive enemies in it. Be bored alone, or play bored together with a friend. Not quite sure exactly where the enjoyment is meant to come from. It's not on steam because the developers/publishers didn't want the convenience of refunding to be available to consumers. If this is the future of games, I don't want it. Expand

1. Jan 22, 2019
    So utterly disappointing and flawed in every possible way… The first few hours, most of it can be ignored, and occasionally the flaws can be forgotten, but only briefly before they come storming back to the forefront. An awful, boring, empty, pointless experience. There is, however, a glimmer of hope. It's worth mentioning that there has already been a Bethesda title that was equally as unimpressive: The Elder Scrolls Online - but looking at it now, it has transformed into one of the best MMOs out there. There's always the hope the Fallout 76 develops the same way and becomes something special, but for now, that seems impossible. It's a world away from that.
  2. Dec 25, 2018
    Fallout 76 isn't your typical fallout experience. You don't have NPCs or dialogue, but instead get real players that should fill this void - that ultimately fails to do so. It does some things right, but as of now I cannot recommend getting this game as long as it stays a broken and boring mess that it is right now.
  3. Dec 19, 2018
    Fallout 76 is the series’ Freshman introduction into the world of online, multiplayer games. As a result, we are experiencing all of the awkwardness and clumsiness associated with that season of life. It is imperfect and a bit uncomfortable, but I see opportunity for Fallout 76 to be more than it presently it - to be a truly great, rich Fallout experience.