8.1

1. Nov 13, 2018
    This is an outstanding remaster in the same vein as Crash Bandicoot. It stays true to the originals with only the major graphic overhaul and some minor improvements in other areas (mostly menu related). The controls are fluid and responsive, nothing feels stiff at all. The price for all three games is damn good. Spyro was the first Playstation game I got back in the 90s and I loved itThis is an outstanding remaster in the same vein as Crash Bandicoot. It stays true to the originals with only the major graphic overhaul and some minor improvements in other areas (mostly menu related). The controls are fluid and responsive, nothing feels stiff at all. The price for all three games is damn good. Spyro was the first Playstation game I got back in the 90s and I loved it then, and it was strange realizing how dated the polygons looked when I tried revisiting it a few years ago. The dragons look fantastic. Being able to play this is a dream come true.

These games aren't difficult by any means nor are they terribly long. If you played the Crash Bandicoot remaster then know this follows a similar formula as do most PS1 platformers.

The flight levels could give some people trouble but that's about it. You have to be perfect with some objectives. These games are remembered for their fantastical elements and whimsy, not brutal difficulty. Most people would probably rate this an 8-9, but I give it a 10 based purely on my own nostalgia of the franchise and how grateful I am that we got an honest remaster without bloating the game with extra content to make it seem relevant. It knows what it is and doesn't try to be anything more.
  2. Nov 13, 2018
    Its as good as i remember spyro being. The motion blur can be a little intense and if they do patch it i would like them to add an option to lower or turn it off. Other than that the graphics are beautiful and it looks great. The controls are really smooth and easy to handle and is a great throwback to a great series. I definitely recommend picking this up honestly id give it like and 8.5Its as good as i remember spyro being. The motion blur can be a little intense and if they do patch it i would like them to add an option to lower or turn it off. Other than that the graphics are beautiful and it looks great. The controls are really smooth and easy to handle and is a great throwback to a great series. I definitely recommend picking this up honestly id give it like and 8.5 but it only give me the option of 8 or 9. The game is good and worth 40. Expand
  3. Nov 13, 2018
    Only negative is not having all the content on Disc. Game is pretty big and the music probably adds alot. You get both the remastered and original music. Both are glorious for these 3 games. Such a well remade Remaster!
  4. Nov 13, 2018
    This game is a very faithful remaster to the originals that once it starts going it doesn't seem to slow down. After you get used to the controls (which doesn't take long at all) the game plays great and becomes simple fun that I think we've needed for a while now.
  5. Nov 14, 2018
    This game is a beautiful remaster with improved controls and overall gameplay from the originals, OnlyOneHere complaining about no multiplayer is absurd for a primarily single player game and although it may be limited in all you can do between the 3 games you can be sure that you'll enjoy every minute of it.
  6. Nov 13, 2018
    While the whole update fiasco might turn off many physical owners isn't that bad. You can play Spyro 1 in just about 5-10 minutes while the other games download in the background. But what about those who don't have an internet connection? How are you even reading this then? It's 2018.

The game itself look AMAZING. Graphics are on point with modern 3D pixar movies. The gameplay is the

The gameplay is the same as the old PS1 version. And very responsive. This isn't a title that Toys for Bob lazily made. It has a lot of love put into it, and you can feel it.

All those who give this game a bad review, don't know how to do scores. Stop giving this game 0-3 user scores just because of the 2nd and 3rd game requiring an internet connection. That is just stupid.
  7. Nov 14, 2018
    I absolutely love this game. You can tell this was made with heart and passion. It looks beautiful and plays just as smoothly as the original. 10/10
  8. Nov 14, 2018
    There are literally no words in the world to describe how amazing this game is.
  9. Nov 13, 2018
    I never had the opportunity to play the original trilogy so I can't compare it to this. I can say the graphical polish put on the game was well done. I see some complaints about motion blur but I didn't find this to be a problem. Controls take some getting used to but it's a blast once you do, and hard to put down.
  10. Nov 13, 2018
    The Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy is almost exactly what we've waited far too long for: A visually gorgeous remaster of arguably the finest platformer trilogy of all time. Consisting of the straightforward but massively colourful and joyous Spyro the Dragon, the lengthier and far more varied Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage (a.k.a. Gateway to Glimmer, which, in my opinion, is a far better nameThe Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy is almost exactly what we've waited far too long for: A visually gorgeous remaster of arguably the finest platformer trilogy of all time. Consisting of the straightforward but massively colourful and joyous Spyro the Dragon, the lengthier and far more varied Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage (a.k.a. Gateway to Glimmer, which, in my opinion, is a far better name for it) and the undeniable masterpiece of the trilogy, the stellar and groundbreaking conclusion Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon, this is a platformer trilogy that will delight everyone, deftly recapturing the action-packed fantasy magic of the original games while improving almost everything about them that was already so fantastic and fun. The new character and enemy animations are absolutely wonderful and full of fresh charm, while the new cutscenes resemble those from professional CGI animated movies. Every level is now awash with brand new details that make Spyro's world look like a paradise of dreamlike adventure, making it really difficult for you to put down the controller after hours of wonder and light-hearted antics.

Unfortunately, there is just one minor complaint I have to make: The remixed soundtracks just aren't as good as the originals. The new music tracks just feel lacking compared to the old ones, and this problem is most obvious in the first game. The original soundtrack of the first Spyro game is notable for its 1970s prog rock inspiration, featuring heavy bass and organs, melodic guitar jams, and creative percussion; in the remake, however, the soundtrack sounds oddly quiet, diminished and not particularly exciting. Thankfully though (and I'm so glad the game lets you do this) you can switch back to the original and far superior soundtracks instead. Honestly, I recommend switching if you want to hear the classic, already excellent music while playing this magnificent remaster of a captivating and fun-filled family-friendly platformer trilogy.
  11. Nov 14, 2018
    A wonderful remaster that is stunning to behold, with more charm per square inch than you can fathom.
  12. Nov 14, 2018
    Well what can I say other then playing as this purple dragon is absolutely magical. It's so refreshing to play this genre of game again. It's blissfully simple and fun to play. The colours and graphics of this game just make you feel like everything is fine and makes you happy. I played it for 6 hours yesterday without stopping (not healthy but I couldn't stop playing it). ExploringWell what can I say other then playing as this purple dragon is absolutely magical. It's so refreshing to play this genre of game again. It's blissfully simple and fun to play. The colours and graphics of this game just make you feel like everything is fine and makes you happy. I played it for 6 hours yesterday without stopping (not healthy but I couldn't stop playing it). Exploring these beautiful luscious worlds does not get boring! There's fun in simply just controlling Spyro and looking around the environment. The only negative I have is in this current version, there is no motion blur toggle. Motion blur is pretty heavy in this game, but to me it doesn't completely ruin it like some say. Can't wait to get back into it. Loving this blissful game :) Expand
  13. Nov 15, 2018
    This game is just as fun as I remembered it as a kid. The download size is not that bad if its 3 full remastered games.
  14. Nov 15, 2018
    I loved this game when i was a kid, am nearly 40 now and i cannot believe how good this new remake is, it brings back many a memory and now new ones. Not only that but now my young boys are playing this and seeing the joy in their faces at a game that is this old is golden, just goes to show these type of games are not dead they are very much alive, you just cant put a value on that. 11/10I loved this game when i was a kid, am nearly 40 now and i cannot believe how good this new remake is, it brings back many a memory and now new ones. Not only that but now my young boys are playing this and seeing the joy in their faces at a game that is this old is golden, just goes to show these type of games are not dead they are very much alive, you just cant put a value on that. 11/10 all day long!!! Expand
  15. Nov 13, 2018
    The game is amazing an almost perfect remake but it does have some bugs THAT CAN BE FIXED
    The people how gave it a negative review are just mad because of the game size but it is worth the size
    it is an amazing game if you don't have space just delete a game
  16. Nov 14, 2018
    This game is amazing, great graphics, amazing and fun gameplay. Everyone should play this game. It is great to just play a fun game with tons of replay value. They should make more games in the future about Spyro after this 30 + hour adventure. "I think I smell a BBQ ;) "
  17. Nov 18, 2018
    Spyro Reignited is a breath of fresh air for me, as it not only brings back a beloved game series from many gamers' childhood years, but it also lovingly recreates the Dragon Worlds with the added details that our childhood imaginations previously had to fill in due to the limitations of the Playstation 1's hardware. While not a 100% 1-for-1 recreation, due to the creative liberties takenSpyro Reignited is a breath of fresh air for me, as it not only brings back a beloved game series from many gamers' childhood years, but it also lovingly recreates the Dragon Worlds with the added details that our childhood imaginations previously had to fill in due to the limitations of the Playstation 1's hardware. While not a 100% 1-for-1 recreation, due to the creative liberties taken to make the game look and feel a little more modern, it still feels like you remember if you grew up with these games. If you want to play the games with a more classic approach to the controls, including the non-analog camera controls of the PS1 originals, you can do that via the options menu. Otherwise, the controls feel like they should if they were modernized, with a few interesting tweaks made for comfort. With the Reignited controls, the R2 button now serves as a secondary button for your fire breath, so you only have to focus on X and Square face buttons if you really want. Another interesting change is now all 3 titles have the roll move, which was previously only in the original Spyro the Dragon, accessible with the L1 and R1 buttons. Sadly, this doesn't translate to the hover, and ability that would have made some of the more tricky jumps of the original game a little less teeth grinding, as it remains a part of just Ripto's Rage and Year of the Dragon. It sometimes feels as though the game's gliding physics were made more for the second and third entries, as there are times when the game expects a little too much precision from your glides in the first game. It's nothing game breaking, but it does mean you might fall into death pits in the first game a little more than you would like.

A lacking element of the game is additional content, as there isn't really anything new in the game. While that may seem like a great thing to the more die-hard OG Spyro fans, it may be off putting to newer fans who expect a little more. There are no unlockable skins, or any content that was previously region exclusive, such as the Dragonfly Eggs from the Japanese versions of Spyro 1 and 2, which required the Pocketstation. It would have been nice to see that content, even if all it did was
    effectively unlock skins for Sparx in those games, they could have unlocked extra skins for both Spyro and Sparx. Unlike Crash's recent N.Sane Trilogy, Spyro lacks an optional secondary playable skin. Of course, there are color changing cheat codes that were carried over from the PS1 games, so you can still play as a red Spyro and pretend it's Flame if you so desire (though do note that there are a few codes that don't work as of present). The only addition you'll find is that now Spyro 1 has Skill Points, though one has to wonder what the point is when the game has Trophy support that serves a similar function.

The graphics are gorgeous to look at, with the added detail to all of the previously flat, textured environments, and the more easily decipherable enemies that you probably didn't realize what they were meant to be as a child. The added animations to Spyro make him feel more alive, bouncy, and expressive. The added details, such as making each of the Dragons (barring two) look visibly distinctive from one another really adds more character to the universe that the series lives in. There are a few design decisions, in terms of the graphics, that you may find questionable if you're super familiar with the originals, but otherwise it's a huge step up from the extremely dated (if still charming) PS1 graphics.

Voice acting wise, the game is more dynamic than the originals, with Tom Kenny adding a youthful playfulness to the character he first voiced nearly 20 years ago. Some may miss the old voices, and some of the line delivery doesn't land as well as the original (a personal example being Agent 9's deliver of the lines he says when you enter his level lacking a little bit of the craziness of the original voice's delivery), but for the most part, all of the voices feel like they suit the characters well.

In terms of other audio, some may find the absence of some sound effects to be a little disheartening, but the new sounds work well.

Musically, the game has two soundtracks, so if you want to hear the new versions of the songs made for this trilogy, you can do just that. Or, if you're feeling like the game needs an extra touch of nostalgia to scratch that Stuart Copeland itch, fear not, the original soundtrack can be toggled on in the options menu. All of the Reignited versions of the songs are great, and suit the environments well enough, but the option is nice.

All that said, the game has some glitches. I personally had an enemy in one of the Magic Crafters worlds of the first game be invisible, but that was the extent of anything serious. There is some slowdown to expect if you restart areas a lot, but just restart the game and you'll be fine.

Overall, I'm super happy with this remaster, despite it's flaws. 8.5/10
  18. Nov 18, 2018
    Great & enjoyable game, But **** the PS4 pro.
    This game is so beautiful graphics wise, but sadly we are forced to play it in PS4 or Xbox one, with only 30 fps and an obnoxious motion blur to cover the frame rate drops!!

Why can't they release it on PC so we can't enjoy this game properly!
  19. Nov 15, 2018
    Toys For Bob did an amazing job on remaking SPYRO with a passionate eye towards what made SPYRO great and then embellishing upon it. The controls are superb, the graphics vibrant, cute and colorful, and the new soundtrack delivers the same atmosphere while being more dynamic and "context-sensitive". This results in a lot of carefree fun to be had with the reignited Spyro, both forToys For Bob did an amazing job on remaking SPYRO with a passionate eye towards what made SPYRO great and then embellishing upon it. The controls are superb, the graphics vibrant, cute and colorful, and the new soundtrack delivers the same atmosphere while being more dynamic and "context-sensitive". This results in a lot of carefree fun to be had with the reignited Spyro, both for newcomers to the fanchise and those who already enjoyed the purple dragon during its heyday 20 years ago. In a time where 3D platformers are waning this is truly a breath of fresh, er, HOT air! Expand
  20. Nov 16, 2018
    I'm not crying, just something in my eye:)

There was a reissue of my favorite game on PS 2. With flaws, but still great. The only thing that worries me is that the game takes 67 GB.

Thank you for returning my childhood!
  21. Nov 21, 2018
    The Spyro Reignited Trilogy is as great for adults as it is for children. Adults will have their nostalgic urges satisfied and will sink hours into all of the secrets tucked into this collection. Children will fall in love with the colorful world and the wild cast of characters that inhabit it.
    Toys for Bob takes the core Spyro series and brings it right into 2018. These games have never played better, have never looked better, have never sounded better than they do now. Spyro is a beloved icon for children of the 90s, and now he’s back for a new generation. Skylanders may have brought him back into the spotlight, but the original Spyro has returned.
    In some respects, the Spyro games haven’t aged completely well, but those instances are few and far between. The Spyro Reignited Trilogy shows that great gameplay can make or break a game. With the love and care put into this collection, hopefully, it’s the start of a new life for the little purple dragon.
  22. Nov 20, 2018
    Let's get this out of the way right now: Spyro Reignited is a must own game for fans of the original trilogy, lovers of platformers and new gamers who never got to experience Spyro! The game is faithful to the original source, the soundtracks are all the same great and loved songs. The game plays smooth with no issues that I have encountered and the graphics are what you would want to see,Let's get this out of the way right now: Spyro Reignited is a must own game for fans of the original trilogy, lovers of platformers and new gamers who never got to experience Spyro! The game is faithful to the original source, the soundtracks are all the same great and loved songs. The game plays smooth with no issues that I have encountered and the graphics are what you would want to see, Spyro completely up to date. Don't waste time thinking about it, just go buy this game. Expand
  23. Nov 15, 2018
    Spyro was an all-time classic so to have it receiving the Crash treatment of a remake to a new standard of graphics and game play was great. Still enjoyable to play as the old one.
  24. Nov 19, 2018
    Pros
    - It's fun.
    - You play as a dragon.
    - Beautiful worlds to visit.
    - Good music.

Cons
    - The game takes up to 67 GB of space in order to play all three games.
  25. Dec 10, 2018
    The classic gameplay with exquisitely done animation and graphics. Highly recommended for those who played the trilogy back in the day and for anyone who wants to get into the trilogy now. Perfect production all around!
  26. Dec 15, 2018
    *DISCLAIMER: As with my previous review of the "Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy," this isn't going to be a blow-for-blow analysis of each individual "Spyro" game, instead it's a look at the collection itself.*
    Last year, Activision impressed the whole lot of us with the "Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy," a very faithful and welcome return from gaming's favorite orange marsupial that reminded us of why he was so immensely popular before he was given tattoos. So, once that collection became a hit, we were all asking the same thing: "can we have a 'Spyro' collection next?" "Spyro the Dragon" was another popular PlayStation hit back in the day before it, like Crash's series, left its original developer (Naughty Dog for "Crash," Insomniac Games for "Spyro") and essentially lost its way. "Spyro" was rebooted with the polarizing "Legend of Spyro" trilogy before being relegated to the lead character in "Skylanders" until the sixth entry, "Skylanders Imaginators" became the straw that broke the camel's back and essentially signaled the end of the franchise. Not long after, Activision decided, after many teases, to give us the "Spyro Reignited Trilogy," a remake collection in the same vein as the "N. Sane Trilogy," but this time featuring the iconic purple dragon. And fortunately, Spyro's "Reignited" and better than ever!
    Forget just living up to the new era of games and transitioning well, "Spyro Reignited Trilogy" feels like it plays even better than the originals. The controls are tighter, the difficulty level has been perfectly adjusted, and the minigames feel a lot smoother (Agent 9, specifically, is a joy to play). The graphics are also luscious and gorgeously-detailed, the music feels faithful to the original while taking its own identity, and the characters and stories are brimming with more personality and charm than ever. And furthermore, the addition of new activities and skill points in the original "Spyro the Dragon," plus the general better feel of that game to play on par with the latter two, just makes the collection feel and move excellently.
    All that said, though, while the games do feel better than before, I can't give the collection as a whole a perfect 10: it's not the result of any of the game's showing their age (again, they play better than a number of platformers do these days), it's the fact that the game does have a few performance issues and glitches that can occasionally intrude on the experience. It's not like the game feels unfinished, but I can't in good conscience say the collection is a full 10 out of 10 when I find myself crawling sideways on the occasional ladder, being unable to unlock certain trophies because they're glitched, or having to quit out of the game sometimes because the frame rate dipped and won't go back up. Again, it's not horrifyingly bad, but those small moments do add up and lead me to have to deduct a point.
    Don't let that one-point deduction deter you, though, the "Spyro Reignited Trilogy" is in the master-class as one of the most faithful and excellent remaster collections you'll find today. It's not uncommon for remasters of games like these to show off some of their age, but "Spyro Reignited Trilogy" looks and feels like it totally belongs in today's industry. Here's hoping the purple dragon's good times keep right on rolling from here!
    Final rating: 9 out of 10 "Awesome"
  27. Nov 19, 2018
    Fantastic remaster! Great gameplay and incredible graphics and music. Having a blast! I haven't personally encountered any glitches but apparently other reviewers here have? Only thing that prevents me from giving it a 10 is the large download size of the other 2 games. It doesn't impact the quality of the game itself, but it can be a large inconvenience, and it's very unfortunate that itFantastic remaster! Great gameplay and incredible graphics and music. Having a blast! I haven't personally encountered any glitches but apparently other reviewers here have? Only thing that prevents me from giving it a 10 is the large download size of the other 2 games. It doesn't impact the quality of the game itself, but it can be a large inconvenience, and it's very unfortunate that it wasn't addressed. The games themselves are excellent on all fronts however, and i highly recommend picking this up! Toys for Bob did an amazing job! Expand
  28. Nov 19, 2018
    A lot of this game is recreated perfectly. But there are sections that have been changed, models completely swapped for different things all together. Also quite a buggy mess as of writing right now. Still pulls off most things extremely well.
  29. Nov 25, 2018
    Fantastic remaster, with few bugs to fix. I also don't like mechanics of the "mini games" in third part of the series. Skateboarding still sucks, controls on water are terrible.
    But still, this game is my favourite platformer ever. Collecting diamonds, eggs, dragons etc. are so addictive! I love hidden treasures to find, level design is great, especially in the first game. I don't regret any minute spended with this game. I really recommend!
  30. Nov 21, 2018
    Absolutely legendary. This is more like a remake then remaster. I’ve never played the originals, but after completing all 3, I can say it’s on the same level as even odyssey in a lot of ways. The worlds are gorgeous and gameplay is a joy. Hopefully they make a new one and keep it going
  31. Nov 17, 2018
    This is a great remaster of a beloved series, it brings back all the memories from childhood of playing this game every year at christmas. The gameplay is simple, polished and collecting all the gems and item from each level feels as good as ever.

The remaster also adds quality of life improvements that are very welcoming. Pay no attention to the negative reviews, its just people moaning about the size of the game, the fact the you have to download the other two game (The first game is on the disk, they removed the codes you have to enter meaing you don't have to worry about purchasing it second hand. This is why they delayed the game)
  32. Nov 25, 2018
    t’s 1998 again grab your favorite HitClips and heat up some Hot Pockets because it is time for some Spyro Reignited. This is my favorite remastered game to come out of 2018 by far. Not because of sheer nostalgia alone. You get three games for a discounted price. All three have graphical upgrades that are significantly better than they were on the PlayStation. Last, they are games thatt’s 1998 again grab your favorite HitClips and heat up some Hot Pockets because it is time for some Spyro Reignited. This is my favorite remastered game to come out of 2018 by far. Not because of sheer nostalgia alone. You get three games for a discounted price. All three have graphical upgrades that are significantly better than they were on the PlayStation. Last, they are games that hold up that are fun for both adults who grew up with it and kids who maybe never heard of Spyro before.

The games story only get better as you progress through the trilogy. The first game is the barest of bare games. Gnasty Gnorc has imprisoned all the other dragons and it is up to Spyro to stop him. There is nothing more than that maybe about three cutscenes in the whole game.

The second game Riptos Rage is slightly more story heavy. Spyro must take out evil Ripto and his minions and save this new world where he is the only dragon.

The third game Year of the Dragon is the most cut scene heavy game which isn’t saying a lot but it is about Spyro trying to rescue these dragon eggs from some crocodile sorceress queen thing. All three games are fun stories for kids if you are an adult and never played Spyro before this stuff is going to seem a bit childish due to the fact it is. The writing reminds me of Dragon Tales on PBS where you can tell every bit of it is aimed at kids and they don’t even have hidden adult humor mixed in it. With me saying that as an adult you don’t play these for the story it is all about that gameplay.

The gameplay is fun, addictive, and perfect if you only have 30 minutes to an hour to kill before work. This is the easiest pick up and play style of game and makes me wish I had a couple more of these in my life. Each of the Spyro games play very similar to each other with the game mechanics only improving as you go through the trilogy. Unlike the Crash Bandicoot trilogy (I really enjoyed) this game isn’t hair pulling hard. In fact, it is stupid easy. The only trouble I had with the first game was the final boss Gnasty Gnorc, but not because he is hard but because the whole fight is a chase and you can miss a jump and must start it all over again. While none of the games go over 8 hours of gameplay this is still a perfect for kids/adults who want to be completionist there are so many gems, eggs, dragons, keys…etc. to find it will take up a good chunk of your month trying to do it in all three games.

In the end this is how you do a remaster. You don’t mess with the core controls too much to keep the heart of the series intact. You make it up to today’s graphical standards because this is seriously one of the most colorful games I’ve played. It was such a nice breath of fresh air to see a game that wasn’t dark greys and browns. I loved this more than the Crash re-release which is funny because I was more excited for the Crash one. I give this a high, HIGH BUY. This is well worth checking out with your kids for the first time or going back to good ole childhood memories.
  33. Dec 18, 2018
    Un majestuoso recopilatorio de una de las trilogías más icónicas de la PlayStation original.

Si algo hace justicia a este Spyro Reignited Trilogy (los tres juegos completados al 100% y con sus respectivos platinos) es que me ha recordado como era una tierna infancia jugando a esta clase de juegos, donde nada importaba salvo la diversión. De los mejores remakes que he visto junto a la

De los mejores remakes que he visto junto a la N'Sane Trilogy de Crash Bandicoot, devuelve ese factor nostalgia y diversión pura que muchos de los títulos actuales parecen haber olvidado por el camino.

La únicas pegas son el excesivo uso de motion blur que puede resultar molesto las primeras horas de juego y que la cámara de vez en cuando tiene fallos notables y se vuelve un poco loca.

Sin nada más que añadir, me parece un must have en la biblioteca de todo jugador que se precie.

Muy recomendado.
  34. Nov 20, 2018
    For context, I have no real nostalgia to the Spyro series outside of a ten minute test run, but I still relatively enjoyed each game. (I've only played two out of the three so far, but I have a good understanding as to how quality the collection actually is.) The graphics are complete eye candy, capturing what might be the original vision of what the games were supposed to look like backFor context, I have no real nostalgia to the Spyro series outside of a ten minute test run, but I still relatively enjoyed each game. (I've only played two out of the three so far, but I have a good understanding as to how quality the collection actually is.) The graphics are complete eye candy, capturing what might be the original vision of what the games were supposed to look like back then. The ability to switch between the old soundtrack from the PS1 era to the remastered one is a no brainer, but welcomed.
    If I were to fault this compilation in one or two aspects, it'd be the motion blur that cannot be turned off and the fps being locked at 30. Other than that, I can definitely recommend this compilation to anyone, whether they're a new player or a veteran.
  35. Nov 21, 2018
    Back in childhood! Great expireince. Thanks guys for this game, really it plays like a new one, but I recognize every corner of each level! Bravo! :)
  36. Dec 4, 2018
    This game is almost a perfect remaster of the original trilogy. The download size is big but that's how every game these days are, including physical copies. Every game, physical or digital, tells you the download size. There is nothing new here! I personally think there should be no complaining about the size of the download because you should know that going in.

The only thing that

The only thing that stopped me from rating this 10/10 is the lack of subtitles. Other than that this game was perfect!
  37. Nov 13, 2018
    Thank you for returning my childhood! Everything is just amazing. Bright and colorful graphics, wonderful and so different levels. It can be seen that the developers treated with great respect to the original source. I am delighted, guys!
  38. Nov 13, 2018
    When Spyro borns in PS1, The Critics Recognize him as one of the few PS1 Games (i Guess there was 5) Than can demostrate all the Hardware Potential, But The Gamers Doesn't recognize that...

Now, in 2018, in a World where the people Only Said than is a high Tech Game if have 4k Ultra Realistic Human Stuff, But Spyro demostrates than You can Made incredible videogames Without Human Stuff (Despite a Few NPC Humans)...

Spyro Reignited Trilogy is the hopes and dream of lot of gamers, than dreams with a Videogame Created By Love and Care, And Even Week and Month, Toys for Bob is showing to us that love and care... Re-Making a beautifull trilogy piece by piece, pixel by pixel, phonema by phonema...

It is true than in all these Love, it was hard to fit on a only disc, but, How Many Human Games Like Shooters or Whatever have a Weight of 60 or More GB, and their discs are only an installer stuff... Even the Memory Problem, Spyro could fit the First game (the Longest One) and some levels of the Others 2...

Spyro is an Amazing Character who has an amazing Franchise, than deserves more love and care... And Toys for Bob Steps up the first step...

Even, in my Gaming Experience, Compared to Another 3D Plattformers from that Generation, Spyro can make a good balance between exploring world and the collectables to collect, And That's the Point on the 3D Platform game-style...

Even if you doesn't Know About Spyro, You must Buy it, Because is a Piece of Living Story, an beautifull story from the past, and an actual story, Where a Dragon can Show the gamers, than the Quality is beyond the Human Graph...
  39. Nov 13, 2018
    First things first, the fact you have to download 2 of the 3 games IS annoying: i had to wait an hour to get the game running because of the downloads and i had no internet in the morning, so i had to wait a LONG time before getting to play.

With that out of the way, the game is damn good: it's just how i remembered back at the ps1 with some great controls too, which was something that i hated in crash instead. Controls are tight and you can control your charge even better too, and the hit detection is great too - maybe too great: I can hit enemies before they approach me. Levels are very detailed and the fact they added extra challenges for unlocking stuff is a nice touch. I can't think of anything that the game does wrong right now, because overall it does a great job and I don't even see a point of making a mini review of each game - if anything the first one is a bit blander since it has basically no plot, the second is a vast improvement over the first in gameplay and plot (what little of it) and the third has multiple characters you can play with which is a nice addition.

My issues are very few: I encountered a bug or two such as invisible enemies and the game lacks a sort of indicator of the missing levels and such which means you can potentially miss a level (like I did). But overall the game is beyond playable and the issues didn't stop me from enjoying the game!

Overall I highly recommend the game despite the huge issue of the download size: I suppose it's a minor evil to withstand but comparing to other games that are even smaller and require as much memory as this game, I think we can deal with it.

Without forgetting that it's 3 games and not just one!
  40. Nov 13, 2018
    Your childhood is back and better than ever! This is how complete games feel like! And there 3 of them! And it's only 40 bucks! It's a freaking steal!
  41. Nov 16, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Firstly I just wanted to point out you can access sunny flight sooner than you should be able too , because in the original games you had to save a dragon so he could tell you about it first. So yeah i found something to nitpick about Lol.

Big 67Gb hard drive space required is a negative , no option to install each one by itself.

Certain boxes are harder to glide to due to the textures for example the head bash crate where you need to glide to a green hand in the original the green hand was straighter.

The gems now can get hidden by grass making some gems possible to miss. (This is a posite accept where your doing the golden goose mini egg as the seed is hard to see (1 bounces ,1 doesn't they should both bounce to indicate there position).

Gulp achievement requires perfection no hits at all or a very long time to do and its a nightmare cause the boss is much harder and spams the green gun more which hits more often now.

When escorting a lost dog home to its master you can mess up the puzzle and glitch the dog into the wall meaning you have to reset level.

Certain hard sections seem harder as corridors seem narrower.

The super jump is not like remembered, feels slightly faster.

The fire rate of the submarine should be slightly faster.

The Twin dragon boss battle is annoying as your gun fires slower than it used too and the targets are smaller.

No option to inverse flight so up is up and down is down like originals (i tried the camera options they didn't work).

The whack a mo mini game is harder with the yeti.

+ Positives

Fully voice cast +
    Nice Dragons on Spyro 1.
    Nice animations
    The new worlds are visually stunning and I like the changes to the beast makers world the most. ++
    Much better visibility in ocean +++.
    Sometimes not being able to see a gym due to grass +
    Nice list of trophies and variance +
    Added details in certain areas (That both hinder or enhance players experience see the green hand further up)

So in summary better in some areas but worse than others. Overall its not bad and most people are just complaining about the discs not being all digital.
  42. Nov 13, 2018
    Game is very well remastered. Control is superb, very responsive (don't have an input lag as in other games).

For me only problem is that camera very close to dragon. I play on 40" 4k TV and that is right in a face when you run (maybe already fixed when you read). Other then that game polished in all ways.
  43. Nov 16, 2018
    I am quite surprised and confused by the negative reviews towards Spyro and complain about the big download size. You can play the first game while the other two are downloading, I don't see the issue here. There are countless other games in this console generation that require huge downloads in order to play, I didn't realise this was still such a big deal for people. I also thought itI am quite surprised and confused by the negative reviews towards Spyro and complain about the big download size. You can play the first game while the other two are downloading, I don't see the issue here. There are countless other games in this console generation that require huge downloads in order to play, I didn't realise this was still such a big deal for people. I also thought it was very clear before purchasing that only the first game was on the disc, so people shouldn't be surprised by this.

There also seems to be a sort of "disrespect" towards the game, with people exclaiming. It's a PS1 game, why is it taking up 67GB. It's a PS4 game though, it isn't PS1 anymore. Were these people expecting a 5gb game?

Negatives aside, the game itself is extremely fun. This is how gaming should be, no lootboxes, no irritating grinding, no lengthy and monotonous tutorial levels, just straight into the action. This is a fantastic remaster of the old games that many of us loved and grew up on. My reasons for giving it a 10 is that I can't think of anything else that Toys for Bob should have changed or added, it is a perfect remaster.
  44. Nov 14, 2018
    The #1 reason why I love Playstation. With the improved visuals, added map and guidebook, for only $40, this is definitely a worthy pickup, and I just pray that we get a brand new Crash & Spyro game from Activision one day.
  45. Nov 14, 2018
    Beautiful game with fastastic graphic. 10 Spyro game and 0 to Activision, this game deserve a 100% physical release!
  46. Nov 15, 2018
    One of the best games available on PS4. Twenty years ago, Spyro was a consoleseller, and now he remains. This game is totally revived art, created with love and care. I recommend for everyone.
  47. Nov 13, 2018
    Three of the best PS1 games remastered for PS4, what's not to love. The only real issue I have with this game is it can be really bright at times, but that's really it. I recommend this for everyone.
  48. Nov 15, 2018
    This game is pretty good. If you're an old Spyro fan or someone who hasn't picked up any of the old Spyro games you will enjoy this Trilogy.
  49. Nov 15, 2018
    The Spyro Reignited Trilogy is the long awaited remake of the classic PS1 games "Spyro the Dragon", "Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage" and "Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon". After the success of "Ratchet and Clank" on PS4 and "Crash Bandicoot: N'Sane Trilogy" it was a given that more classic platforming mascots would return, with Spyro being the one this time. It is important to mention that these gamesThe Spyro Reignited Trilogy is the long awaited remake of the classic PS1 games "Spyro the Dragon", "Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage" and "Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon". After the success of "Ratchet and Clank" on PS4 and "Crash Bandicoot: N'Sane Trilogy" it was a given that more classic platforming mascots would return, with Spyro being the one this time. It is important to mention that these games are remakes, not remasters, meaning that all of them have been rebuild without using any of the assets or collision of the original games. That being said, these remakes are beautiful, and after 120%ing all of them, I can confidently say that it was a good choice to bring back the purple dragon.
    The graphics are beautiful, but not in the sense that it has very high quality graphics (though 4K does look really sexy), these games just have an amazing art style. It feels like a living, breathing Disney movie with the animation quality of a Pixar movie.
    The soundtrack has been beautifully remade with what sounds like an actual orchestra, but the game also gives you the option to play using the original songs, thus giving people returning to the series a nice feel of nostalgia. The sound effects, much like the music, have also been remade, and they sound just as good as the rest of the game.
    The game play is top notch too. Spyro controls really tightly, making even the smallest jumps feel so much more impactful. Spyros abilities, which will include "Hovering", Diving and Climbing by the 3rd game, all feel amazing to pull off, even the swimming actually feels good, making this the first game in ages to make water levels fun.
    The bosses (no spoilers here, don't worry) are also somewhat challenging, at least the final bosses, every other boss is sadly a joke.
    This also leads to my rating. Technically, this game is perfect. I haven't had a bug, crash or anything along those lines. However, and I know this is a 90s plat-former, these games were sort of meant to be easy, but I think these games are waaaaay too easy. A hard mode for more experienced gamers would've been nice. 100%ing these games is also pathetically easy.
    Another thing to mention is that some classic cheats, such as '99 lives', '[enter a color here] Spyro' and '2D Spyro' have returned, giving a strong nostalgic feel for anyone who grew up around the 90s/2000s and loved to use cheats in games.
    Overall, 40$/€ for 3 games that last you quite long (IF you decide to 100% them) is really fair, even though they are way to easy.
  50. Nov 13, 2018
    Hey jugadorhardcore, wow you are idiot who complaing about this game take 67 gb to install and give this is 0, SMH. it is about play game for fun, not whine about how many gb does this game take.. By the way, this game is awesome and fun to play. i am enjoying it so far but camera angle moving little faster. Graphic look great. gameplay is very good but it has some clunky control
  51. Nov 15, 2018
    Best remake so far :) Even though they've put on the case that it's remaster :/ It's a full blown remake and it looks and plays great! Prefer this to Red Dead Redemption 2
  52. Nov 21, 2018
    In the day of greedy developers, its nice to see so much love and care for a game. It was great back in the day and remains so today.
  53. Nov 23, 2018
    Это просто взрыв ностальгических эмоций, как приятно вспомнить детство, спасибо TFB и Activision за это
  54. Dec 30, 2018
    Deutsche Review - Kritik Der folgende Test ist in 5 Kategorien zusammengefasst. Diese 5 Kartegorien ergeben die Gesamtpunktzahl von 0 - 100 Punkten. Um einen passenden Userscore zu geben wird auf oder abgerundet. Bei 84 Punkten ergibt das einen User Score von 8. Bei 86 einen von Userscore von 9. Falls eine 85 kommt entscheide ich ob ich es eher positiv oder negativ nehme. RegelnDeutsche Review - Kritik Der folgende Test ist in 5 Kategorien zusammengefasst. Diese 5 Kartegorien ergeben die Gesamtpunktzahl von 0 - 100 Punkten. Um einen passenden Userscore zu geben wird auf oder abgerundet. Bei 84 Punkten ergibt das einen User Score von 8. Bei 86 einen von Userscore von 9. Falls eine 85 kommt entscheide ich ob ich es eher positiv oder negativ nehme. Regeln verstanden? Dann sind hier meine Punkte.

Punkte: 81/100
  55. Mar 14, 2019
    Fantastic, flawless remake! I had a blast 100%-ing all three games. For fans of 3D platforming this is a must buy! 30-40h of fun (and some frustration of course) guaranteed.
  56. Jan 3, 2019
    A good blast from the past.
    I wouldn't consider them great games by today's standards... but if you have kids or wish to replay some games you loved as a kid. Well then! These are a fantastic way to relive some of those memories. Something worth keeping in your collection if you liked them as much as I did in the past.
  57. Jun 17, 2019
    Having the lovable purple dragon back still feels surreal but true it is! These three faithful remasters bring back that childhood joy in a big way. The gameplay has held up incredibly well and the new graphical style is very pretty. I did get a bit tired of the fairly simple Spyro formula by the third game which is the weakest of the trilogy any way, but still, this remastered trilogy isHaving the lovable purple dragon back still feels surreal but true it is! These three faithful remasters bring back that childhood joy in a big way. The gameplay has held up incredibly well and the new graphical style is very pretty. I did get a bit tired of the fairly simple Spyro formula by the third game which is the weakest of the trilogy any way, but still, this remastered trilogy is every bit as fantastic as the Crash trilogy. Expand
  58. Apr 6, 2019
    The Spyro Reignited Trilogy is a wonderful collection of classic platformers that have been re-made to perfection. The controls are tight, the worlds are gleaming with colour and the variety of the gameplay keeps it consistently fun. It'll appeal not just for the fans of the series, but for newcomers too. A real treat.
  59. Feb 7, 2019
    Una muy buena recopilación remasterizada. Las únicas pegas que le puedo sacar son el rendimiento (30fps y un motion blur excesivo) y algunos diseños de personajes y sus voces.
  60. Nov 18, 2018
    Le doy un 8 porque por lo general la gente no mira las reviews neutrales. Sin embargo, mi verdadera nota es un 5, y estos son mis argumentos para aquellos que tengan interés o hype por revivir su infancia y aun estén tratando de decidirse.

En primer lugar, todos los diseños son infantiles rozando el extremo, no es algo puntual sino la norma. No cabe duda de que los poligonos tenían su encanto, pero el rediseño de personajes ha sido excesivo, quitándoles su encanto al infantilizarlos; esto no sucede solo con los personajes principales y secundarios, sino también con los bosses, que por poner ejemplos los de spyro 3 tenían un porte mínimamente amenazante que ahora luce más bien ridículo. Una buena comparativa es lo que hicieron con Drek en la reimaginación de Ratchet and Clank, el problema es el mismo pero elevado al cuadrado.

En segundo lugar. El doblaje es una maldita tragedia. Voces estereotipicas, sin personalidad, que parece que estén leyendo un guión; y cuando no, nos encontramos con voces forzadas que poco o nadia tiene que ver con el juego original. Es absurdo, ¿si te dejan poner la música original que les cuesta dar la opción de poner el doblaje original?

En definitiva, les salió bien con crash y han decidido explotar la nostalgia, al menos a mi me ha dejado un mal sabor de boca que deteriora los buenos recuerdos en relación a esta obra. Si ustedes buscan revivir su infancia, por favor no comentan el error que yo he cometido, descarguen los originales en emulador de manera gratuita.
  61. Jan 5, 2019
    Spyro 1 es genial, un juego de los de antes, en los que los coleccionables y la jugabilidad era la base, y era divertido

Spyro 2 es una evolución, amplia el universo, mete nuevas habilidades y tutoriales, le da un sentido a los coleccionables y a completar todo me parece que Jak & Daxter le debe mucho a este título Spyro 3 es más de lo mismo, no por ello peor un montón de nuevas

me parece que Jak & Daxter le debe mucho a este título

Spyro 3 es más de lo mismo, no por ello peor
    un montón de nuevas ideas y minijuegos, que unos aportan más que otros, pero que también está muy bien

de lo mejor que he jugado en mucho tiempo, por mejorar algo sería el framerate en determinados momentos, y algo más de dificultad
    Feliz año del dragón
  62. May 12, 2019
    Having never played these games on their original console, I have to say I still enjoyed this trilogy even without the nostalgia. There is a lot of entertainment value packed into this under 60 dollar game. But I have to warn you, there is some serious jank going on in the third Spyro game. Some of the race eggs in that game are seemingly impossible, and some cut scenes / NPC interactionsHaving never played these games on their original console, I have to say I still enjoyed this trilogy even without the nostalgia. There is a lot of entertainment value packed into this under 60 dollar game. But I have to warn you, there is some serious jank going on in the third Spyro game. Some of the race eggs in that game are seemingly impossible, and some cut scenes / NPC interactions at times didn't load until I exited or killed myself. All in all, it's worth the price of admission. Expand
  63. Apr 30, 2019
    Spyro was always my favourite platformer/colletathon series, and this enhanced package is everything I could have hoped for. The graphics are nothing short of stunning, the atmosphere is perfectly captured and gameplay is tweaked ever so slightly for that quality-of-life improvement neglected by the recent Crash remakes. However, by sticking almost too rigidly too its original format, theSpyro was always my favourite platformer/colletathon series, and this enhanced package is everything I could have hoped for. The graphics are nothing short of stunning, the atmosphere is perfectly captured and gameplay is tweaked ever so slightly for that quality-of-life improvement neglected by the recent Crash remakes. However, by sticking almost too rigidly too its original format, the age of the game style shows a little and playing through all three entries becomes a bit of a slog by the end.

Spyro the Dragon is the simplest and least showy of the trilogy, and has such a distinct feel about it, with recurring visual flair. The world are a little bit less lively than its sequels but the revamped, unique dragons are one of the best parts of Reignited for me.

Ripto's Rage is probably the best entry, expanding infinitely on its predecessor in terms of detail, characters and especially world design. While it succeeds in variety, it loses a bit in atmosphere, as the wolds sometimes don't make sense when placed side-by-side, but the wildly inventive challenges far outstrip the lack of consistency. Some trials (ice popcorn and railway cart spring to mind) are absolutely infuriating in this entry, be warned!

Year of the Dragon is the final entry and is the most gimmicky, allowing you to play as a variety of crazy characters which is great fun but often detracts from the core Spyro mechanics/gameplay loop. Again, it's far more exciting and varied than the original, but by this stage my patience was wearing a bit thin!

A word of advice - tackle each of the games with a break in between to break up the monotony and stop yourself poking holes in the admittedly solid gameplay loop! This said, these remakes are lovingly crafted and more than make up for the lackluster Crash series last year. Collecting absolutely everything in the game is easier and more satisfying than ever, and you'll net three platinum trophies in no time compared to other games! Alongside Resident Evil 2, remakes are killing it recently!
  64. Sep 16, 2019
    Activision and Toys for Bob, thank you so much for this masterpiece and for making me relieve my childhood memories. This is absolutely FANTASTIC. I really wish more games like this were released nowadays. And the switch port is just so well done, never believed the switch could output such amazing graphics. 10/10. A love letter to Spyro fans and platform game fans in general.
  65. Jul 9, 2019
    For those who do know the series from back in the days, this is a fun game. For newcomers, this might be perhaps too much of old mechanics and gameplay.
  66. Apr 8, 2019
    Score: 92% '

A genuinely enjoyable, smooth, and colorful adventure worth taking. Spyro is back in a completely remastered adventure that (mostly) soars.
  67. Nov 26, 2018
    Loved it, got this game together with Melbits World and I'll be playing with family all Xmas!
  68. Nov 16, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Reignited Trilogy is a fun, delightful collect-a-thon odyssey. Traveling from different realms, and collecting goodies, freeing dragons, saving dragon eggs. 100% the game is just pure fun. Very satisfying, not only that but if you gather all the skill points you unlock the art gallery. Which is great for Spyro 1, but for Spyro 2 and 3. BE WARNED! There's no epilogue of the game which is very miserable and depressing since I kinda wanted to see what the inhabitants are up to. It makes the world even more immersive.

The biggest downside to this trilogy is the voice direction. Most of it kinda ruins the charm of what makes those levels fun as well the humor is just dried up and gone. Levels such as Zephyr and Colossus for example. The joke of Juliet being played by a dude is long gone. Zephyr back in the old PSONE is the pinnacle of humor. Bo Peep being a dude is still there, but the voice is just off. There's no goofy oomph to the voices anymore. It's tone death and honestly bland. Colossus, I kinda understand why they went with that voice direction but the humor lines the monks talk are just off putting, doesn't really have oomph to make the humor punchline. It doesn't make me laugh, burst out of laughter like I use to anymore. I still chuckle when hearing those lines from time to time though. I just wish they would of fix the voice direction in the next game,

Other than that, I pretty much love everything there is about the game. Gulp is still a difficult boss and they even buffed Buzz in Spyro 3 Year of the Dragon. The only thing that prevents this game to be any higher are the bugs, glitches, and voice direction.
  69. Nov 25, 2018
    Not a perfect remake, but you can tell that the developers really cared about this franchise. I think the only thing keeping this from being a perfect remaster was time. It seems like Activision may have been rushing the developers to get this out.
  70. Mar 4, 2019
    Like the N-Sane trilogy, this game does a good job recreating the originals, but it suffers due to it's datedness. I prefer it to the N-Sane trilogy though, as I prefer Spyro's playstyle.
  71. Dec 7, 2018
    With Crash Bandicoot getting a remake, it was inevitable that Spyro would too. And wow do I love it!! The graphics, the controls, the sound design, the character voices, and the presentation! Thank you for releasing him, Toys for Bob!
  72. Jan 12, 2019
    The fact that this game was completely redone from scratch impresses me. The graphics and characters, especially the elder dragons and non-playable characters are outstanding, colorful and full of life compared to their original versions. The new controls are spectacular. Good riddance to the god awful camera controls in original Spyro 1, as you can now fully control the camera yourself.The fact that this game was completely redone from scratch impresses me. The graphics and characters, especially the elder dragons and non-playable characters are outstanding, colorful and full of life compared to their original versions. The new controls are spectacular. Good riddance to the god awful camera controls in original Spyro 1, as you can now fully control the camera yourself.

I personally only played the original Spyro 1, a couple years ago, to the point where I fully completed it. Because of this, I never played Spyro 2, nor Spyro 3. When I played Spyro 2 for the first time in my life through Reignited, it felt like a breath of fresh air, as the levels had more diversity and variety, something that was kind of well executed in Spyro 1, but Spyro 2 had greatly expanded on it. Spyro 2 isn't a blast from the past for me, it is a completely new experience. There's a reason why I bought a PlayStation 4.

EDIT: Website messed up on my end and accidentally rated 0 for me.
  73. Jan 12, 2019
    Spyro reignited trilogy is the best game I have ever played since the originals. I have played all three originals, and now I get to play them again even though the only game I finished completely was the original Spyro 3. Even though there are a few bugs, the game seems to be more responsive with the controls and the characters seem to look better. Even the voice acting is amazing, evenSpyro reignited trilogy is the best game I have ever played since the originals. I have played all three originals, and now I get to play them again even though the only game I finished completely was the original Spyro 3. Even though there are a few bugs, the game seems to be more responsive with the controls and the characters seem to look better. Even the voice acting is amazing, even since the talking lines up with the animation unlike in the originals. This is a must have game for everyone. Expand
  74. Feb 28, 2019
    Spyro is a personal favorite of mine. It is very fun to play, and there is no nonsense. The cutscenes aren't too long. The platforming mechanics are a blast, and the simple combat is really satisfying even though it's easy sometimes. Because of the great game-play, I was able to look past the downside of having to download a large file in order to play the second and third games. Only theSpyro is a personal favorite of mine. It is very fun to play, and there is no nonsense. The cutscenes aren't too long. The platforming mechanics are a blast, and the simple combat is really satisfying even though it's easy sometimes. Because of the great game-play, I was able to look past the downside of having to download a large file in order to play the second and third games. Only the first game was on the physical disc, but that's okay. I beat all of the games and still enjoy replaying them. Expand
  75. Jun 15, 2019
    Remakes perfectos de los juegos originales aparecidos en la primera Playstation.
  76. Jan 23, 2019
    Spyro is back in gorgeous graphics. Games is same as they was in 1990 so if you played and love them back then this will be super gift for you.
  77. Feb 10, 2019
    ofcourse this trilogy is not as good as the legendary crash bandicoot trilogy but its still a superb platformer
  78. Jun 22, 2019
    A rarity in modern society this a good clean fun and everyone should experience it
  79. Mar 24, 2019
    The guys at Toys for Bob did an absolutely fantastic job reviving one of my favorite game franchises of all time. Every wonderful bit from the classic gameplay was preserved while the visual overhauls flushed out the areas and characters to their absolute fullest potential. The imagination I had with the world and characters of Spyro became reality with stunning sounds and visuals,The guys at Toys for Bob did an absolutely fantastic job reviving one of my favorite game franchises of all time. Every wonderful bit from the classic gameplay was preserved while the visual overhauls flushed out the areas and characters to their absolute fullest potential. The imagination I had with the world and characters of Spyro became reality with stunning sounds and visuals, gorgeous backgrounds, and beautifully recreated character models that made this lovable cast even more lovable. This trilogy has always been a masterpiece for me, and now it's been given a definitive treatment for the generations who come after mine to love and enjoy as a true timeless classic. Minus some occasional frame rate glitches, these games felt exactly as amazing to me now as they did when I was young, and that means the team behind it did everything right. Without a doubt, the Spyro Reignited Trilogy is THE way to play Spyro. Expand
  80. May 16, 2019
    Spyro Reignited Trilogy has been a joy to play through and platinum on the PS4. Visuals are gorgeous and controls are tight and feel like the originals. My only negative is the 30 FPS and slight dips in framerate but that should absolutely NOT deter you from buying the trilogy. Highly recommend.
  81. Sep 16, 2019
    If you are looking to relive your childhood times with Spyro - just buy it. The games look just like your idealized memories and that's great. For a person that played first two original Spyro games it was an outstanding journey and I can recommend this to anyone - even people that just start their Spyro adventure.

Conclusion: > amazing remaster recreating Spyro world and adventure

Conclusion:
    > amazing remaster recreating Spyro world and adventure perfectly
    > beautiful graphics and character designs
    > simplistic gameplay that is getting more complicated with each entry
    > JUST PLAY IT
  82. Sep 11, 2019
    Although I never played the original Spyro trilogy, I can tell that this game has been amazingly crafted. Very fun platformer.
  83. Oct 13, 2019
    This was an outstanding remaster staying true to the original series . It's not only a improvement when it comes to graphics but the controls as well feeling fluid , responsive and just better . The price for it is really good and I feel like the graphic overhaul adds a lot to the experience making it feel like a modern cartoon . Some of the old charming voice acting is goneThis was an outstanding remaster staying true to the original series . It's not only a improvement when it comes to graphics but the controls as well feeling fluid , responsive and just better . The price for it is really good and I feel like the graphic overhaul adds a lot to the experience making it feel like a modern cartoon . Some of the old charming voice acting is gone but what it adds makes up for that . The dragon designs are amazing and everything about the levels make me full of joy . It is not a difficult game , with probably the most challenging part being the flight levels. I don't have any nostalgia to the original as i only played it recently before playing the remaster , and the difference is night and day . Expand

1. Mar 5, 2019
    Spyro Reignited Trilogy is maybe the greatest celebration of a classic - ever! Gameplay still holds up, graphics are beyond gorgeous and nostalgia hits you hard, yet it feels like a first time experience. Unlike some old-school odysseys that promise warm nostalgia, reignited trilogy delivers burning hot blast from the past - for the future!
  2. CD-Action
    Feb 6, 2019
    Reignited Trilogy looks like a Pixar movie and proves that while many other genres have changed significantly over the last 20 years, the recipe for an enjoyable platformer stayed the same, at least in many aspects. Of course nowadays people expect more from any game and Spyro does feel archaic but its wise design stood the test of time, especially if you look at the remake through the eyes of a child (either literally or metaphorically). [01/2019, p.50]
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Dec 31, 2018
    An excellent choice for the upcoming Christmas holiday in the family circle. Spyro is a playful and appealing rebel who will be loved by old fans and their children as well. [Issue#291]