Following the fall of Akenash tower, an extraordinary matter has forced Styx out of hiding and into Korrangar, city of the Dark Elves. Supposedly impregnable, a diplomatic summit offers Styx a chance at slipping in unnoticed. His infiltration complete, Styx will stop at nothing to accomplishFollowing the fall of Akenash tower, an extraordinary matter has forced Styx out of hiding and into Korrangar, city of the Dark Elves. Supposedly impregnable, a diplomatic summit offers Styx a chance at slipping in unnoticed. His infiltration complete, Styx will stop at nothing to accomplish the robbery of a lifetime: stealing a scepter of immense and indomitable power.
Embark upon a stealthy adventure with new enemies, new environments, and a plethora of new mechanics refining the abilities of Styx - grappling around corners, climbing ropes, and using his trusty knife to zip line!… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Styx: Shards of Darkness - E3 2016 Trailer
Mar 14, 2017Styx: Shards of Darkness is an evolution of the franchise, and an improvement over a game stealth enthusiasts will greatly enjoy. Don’t expect to run around, daggers raised, and succeed in this one. If a high-quality stealth title is right up your alley, you won’t do wrong with Styx… just turn down the volume in-between deaths.
Playstation Official Magazine AustraliaJul 7, 2017It can be a little frustrating, but thankfully these flaws are not so insurmountable that Shards of Darkness stops being a diverting and fun misadventure [June 2017, p81]
Mar 28, 2017Styx: Shards of Darkness continues the series with as much enthusiasm as its predecessor, and builds upon what made Master of Shadows work so well - the stealth aspect. The fact that Cyanide Studio didn't pay attention to the negative reports on the combat, and kept the mechanic the same as before is practically the only thing that lets the side down in terms of playability. If you want to have to think about getting from point A to point B, and don't mind getting frustrated at times, then this is easily the best way to spend 15-20 hours.
Mar 16, 2017Bigger and more detailed levels, better controls and better graphics. At the same time I was playing original Master of Shadows and I can tellBigger and more detailed levels, better controls and better graphics. At the same time I was playing original Master of Shadows and I can tell that developers put a lot of effort to make this game better and they did. Plus I have never seen such a fluent gameplay in any stealth game. Why 9 not 10? There are still some minor issues, such as controls and enemies blocking on the walls and each other.… Expand
Jun 17, 2020Даже учитывая мелкие баги игры, из за которых приходилось начинать миссию сначала, всеже эта игра достойна чтобы ее купить и пройти! В нашеДаже учитывая мелкие баги игры, из за которых приходилось начинать миссию сначала, всеже эта игра достойна чтобы ее купить и пройти! В наше время все шаблонно и стандартно, тут же интересный герой с оригинальным миром и возможностями. Особенно поразила атмосфера, ставлю художникам и дизайнерам игры высший бал, молодцы, надеюсь будет продолжение.… Expand
Nov 18, 2021The level design in Styx: Shards of Darkness is awesome. The levels are big and have a lot of paths and entrances for you to choose from.The level design in Styx: Shards of Darkness is awesome. The levels are big and have a lot of paths and entrances for you to choose from. Especially the vertical size of the maps is surprising. The game provides multiple options how to complete objectives. There are many ways to solve tasks either with your equipment or environment. As for the missions themselves, they show variety. The game mainly focuses on stealth but there are parts that include bossfights, platforming and puzzles (though the stealth element is still prevalent there). Crafting and skill system are done well.
Negatives are clunky jumping, short-cycled AI and dull story.
Since Styx: Shards of Darkness is one of the less forgiving stealth games it's not a very popular genre among the consume.… Expand
Aug 21, 2017Really great stealth, at times you feel it’s only about gamer skills of hiding and not making noise. The story is quite intriguing in its ownReally great stealth, at times you feel it’s only about gamer skills of hiding and not making noise. The story is quite intriguing in its own right but nothing really special, graphics are not the best, however, you’ll overcome this so much you’re busy hiding while infiltrating an infested with enemy terrains, eavesdrop on conversations and surprising an enemy with a dagger from behind just make sure you don’t get spotted. Loved Styx upgrades and powers and the skill management. Over all a good game that is very good for its price value.… Expand
May 13, 2017a great game that is getting hold back with frustration
positive + great graphics + hardcore and realistic stealth + interesting stuffa great game that is getting hold back with frustration
+ great graphics
+ hardcore and realistic stealth
+ interesting stuff like you can make a clone of yourself
+ co-op is fun
- dumb AI
- controls are pretty frustrating
- to much avoiding of enemies is just not fun
I am not a stealth game fan and this game was pretty fun but the avoiding of enemies and the frustration stab the game in the back like an assassin
Recommended for stealth game fans but nothing more… Expand
May 6, 2017Deutsche Review - Kritik
Der folgende Test ist in 5 Kategorien zusammengefasst. Diese 5 Kartegorien ergeben die Gesamtpunktzahl von 0 - 100Deutsche Review - Kritik
Der folgende Test ist in 5 Kategorien zusammengefasst. Diese 5 Kartegorien ergeben die Gesamtpunktzahl von 0 - 100 Punkten. Um einen passenden Userscore zu geben wird auf oder abgerundet. Bei 84 Punkten ergibt das einen User Score von 8. Bei 86 einen von Userscore von 9. Falls eine 85 kommt entscheide ich ob ich es eher positiv oder negativ nehme. Regeln verstanden?
Dann sind hier meine Punkte.
Mein persönlicher Score = 58/100
Mein User Score = 6/10… Expand
Oct 21, 2017You have to be kidding me, these high reviews are ridiculous. This game is complete crap in my opinion and I am a fan and avid player ofYou have to be kidding me, these high reviews are ridiculous. This game is complete crap in my opinion and I am a fan and avid player of stealth games. Here is a list of what I absolutely HATED about this game:
1. The camera is jittery and choppy, they put no smoothing as you look around the stage, leads to choppy gameplay and just feels very very cheap.
2. Way too many enemies, some areas are just littered with guards (upwards 10 at once is not uncommon) so if you are detected (which its quire nearly impossible not to be) you have a crap ton of guards coming after you with no way to defend against it.
3. Guards are waaaaaaaaaay to aware of your presence. Even on the easiest level they will easily detect you. This game needs a quick reload option with the ability to quick save because you will literally be restarting hundreds of times per level during the later parts of the game.
4. The game is about stealth, yet many of the 'stealth' moves don't work. For example if you put out a torch at a distance with sand (one of the main moves in the game) and the guard sees the torch went out its an automatic failure for mission objectives that require you to remain undetected. I have never played a stealth game where noticing a torch is out counts as a detection.
5. Opening but not being able to close doors. This is astonishingly stupid and frustrating...if you are going to build in AI that detects a door is open that shouldn't be, then allow the player to close the door behind them. WHAT KIND OF PROGRAMMING IS THIS?
6. Automatic hits from enemies. So again I point at poor programming (as a game developer I feel I have a fairly keen sense of when a team either sucks or is lazy with their programming) for another major annoyance. If you aggro a guard, and trust me you will, their attacks cannot miss. There is no physical hit box detection between their blade/arrows and your character model, they merely put a radius around the enemy when they strike that counts as a giant hitbox and if you're standing in it, you get hit. In other words if I am behind and enemy who swings forward at thin air, if I am within maybe 5 feet on any side of him it will hit me. Ditto the arrows, you will see the graphic go buzzing by your head but it automatically hit you for damage well before the arrow even gets close to you. Complete crap.
7. The AI is obnoxious, i have no idea what these other reviewers are talking about with stupid AI. I can't sneak 5 feet without 10 people being notified and instantly finding my position no matter where they were when I made the sound. Hide in a barrel or under a table you say? Oh that would be cool except they check inside every darn time and pull you out of the barrel and cause massive damage.
This game sucks, don't buy it. I only gave it a 2 because the graphics are nice. (Music sucks too btw)… Expand