- Publisher: Ripstone
- Release Date: Sep 13, 2018
- Also On: PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One
- Summary: A challenging, first-person puzzle game set in the near future where you will explore a striking art-deco hotel that holds a deep-seeded mystery surrounding your current stay. Your desire to unearth the truth is obstructed by an array of color-coded puzzles, mind-bending physics challenges,A challenging, first-person puzzle game set in the near future where you will explore a striking art-deco hotel that holds a deep-seeded mystery surrounding your current stay. Your desire to unearth the truth is obstructed by an array of color-coded puzzles, mind-bending physics challenges, and the growing fear of exposing your true intentions. … Expand
- Developer: Dan Smith Studios
- Genre(s): Adventure, 3D, First-Person
- # of players: No Online Multiplayer
- Cheats: On GameFAQs
- More Details and Credits »
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
The Spectrum Retreat Trailer
Positive: 3 out of 5
Mixed: 2 out of 5
Negative: 0 out of 5
Sep 13, 2018A few tweaks here and there, would assist in the overall experience, but all in all I recommend checking into The Penrose for a few puzzling nights.
Sep 13, 2018The Spectrum Retreat is a valiant stab at a Portal-esque puzzler which largely pulls off what it sets out to achieve. It lacks the dynamite script and surgical timing of Valve’s masterpiece, but the test chambers (sorry, ‘authentication challenges’) withstand the comparison. If Gone Home’s pace is a touch too navel-gazing for your liking, we’d heartily recommend a trip to The Penrose Hotel.
Oct 28, 2018The Spectrum Retreat brings to the Nintendo Switch catalogue a first-person puzzle game that will bring the players into a mysterious setting which they will learn more and more about as they advance, thanks to its mechanics that get gradually introduced into the game. A very welcome additional to the Nintendo Switch library and one which will certainly resonate well with the players, especially with fans of puzzle games.
Sep 23, 2018The Spectrum Retreat could very well pass for one of Aperture Science's many testing chambers, and that's a big compliment for a sole independent developer's debut. With a creepy, intriguing narrative with multiple endings, the game doesn't do anything we haven't seen before, but still comes highly recommended for fans of the genre.
Oct 11, 2018The Spectrum Retreat combines the mysterious story with a puzzle system that focuses on thinking, trial and error. And that system allows us to look at it from a different side.
Positive: 0 out of
Mixed: 0 out of
Negative: 0 out of
- (0 views)