6.8

1. Jan 2, 2018
    I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised by how good Battle Chasers: Nightwar was. I’m not saying that I was expecting this game to be a bad game, but I didn’t think this RPG would be as rewarding as it was. The main attraction of this game is that it rewards you for doing any quest or completing anything noteworthy, and this makes you want to carry on with the game. The combat in theI must admit that I was pleasantly surprised by how good Battle Chasers: Nightwar was. I’m not saying that I was expecting this game to be a bad game, but I didn’t think this RPG would be as rewarding as it was. The main attraction of this game is that it rewards you for doing any quest or completing anything noteworthy, and this makes you want to carry on with the game. The combat in the game is also something that makes the game stand out. They have managed to take the classic RPG turn based style and tweak it slightly to make the combat both exciting and interesting at the same time. The crafting mechanics in the game have a decent variety to them, and I enjoyed crafting the items and in my opinion it gave the game some more replay value. The story that accompanies the gameplay is very good and it manages to intrigue you throughout. The story also gives the characters a layer of depth to them and it definitely made me care about them more. I would however have liked the text to have been a bit bigger because I must admit that I struggled to read it at times and this did make me miss some important points. The presentation side of the game is simply stunning. The art style breaths life into the game and it definitely makes the game beautiful, which in turn makes it stand out. The music in the game is also brilliant and it delivers a number of different atmospheres for you to take part in. At the end of the day if you look past the technical issues then you will find a very competent and exciting RPG. The world is not as big as other games in the genre, but I don’t think it needs to be because the game has more than enough here to keep you satisfied. It gets a lot of the main things right and for me that’s more than enough for me to recommend that you give Battle Chasers: Nightwar a try. Expand
  2. Oct 9, 2017
    This game is a solid 8. If you enjoyed JRPGs in the 90s, this is for you. BCN is a double-A game with amazing production values. In fact, I can think of a LOT of triple-A games that can't deliver the level of gameplay this little gem does. Graphics are very pleasing, the world is colorful and large, the characters have personalities of their own, the party synergy is great, and the enemiesThis game is a solid 8. If you enjoyed JRPGs in the 90s, this is for you. BCN is a double-A game with amazing production values. In fact, I can think of a LOT of triple-A games that can't deliver the level of gameplay this little gem does. Graphics are very pleasing, the world is colorful and large, the characters have personalities of their own, the party synergy is great, and the enemies are varied enough. Sound effects are pretty good, too.

I recommend this game to anybody, really.
  3. Dec 12, 2018
    One of the best classic RPG in recent years. Despite the medium story, Joe Madureira's drawings and combat mechanics elevate the game to a high level.
  4. Jan 22, 2019
    I absolutely love this game. Personally it feels like a mix of old Final Fantasy games and Dungeons and Dragons with rarity tiered loot. The combat is nuanced enough you have to plan different moves for strategy depending on what kind enemy you're facing. They did a great job with the music and sound effects as well.
  5. Feb 22, 2019
    Definitivamente um dos melhores JRPGs já criados. Com uma pegada artística gráfica em estilo HQ, trilha sonora fantástica e com um enredo rico, sombrio e adulto, dando continuidade aos HQs da década de 90 do aclamado Joe Madureira, vai lhe render horas de diversão garantida para quem é fã de RPGs ou para quem está ingressando no estilo. Jogabilidade fluida, diversidade enorme de inimigos,Definitivamente um dos melhores JRPGs já criados. Com uma pegada artística gráfica em estilo HQ, trilha sonora fantástica e com um enredo rico, sombrio e adulto, dando continuidade aos HQs da década de 90 do aclamado Joe Madureira, vai lhe render horas de diversão garantida para quem é fã de RPGs ou para quem está ingressando no estilo. Jogabilidade fluida, diversidade enorme de inimigos, fator replay nota 10 com gostinho de quero mais.
    Battle Chasers Nightwar é um jogo indispensável.
  6. Nov 13, 2019
    Un excelente rpg por turnos con un apartado artístico muy Madureira y unos personajes carismáticos. Excelente sistema de combates que te enganchara hasta el final.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 8 Critic Reviews

1. Jan 12, 2018
    Battle Chasers: Nightwar is easily the best turn-based RPG I have played in a long time. There are a bunch of different characters to customize; hundreds of monsters to battle; gobs of loot to find, and a reasonably good storyline that keeps the game moving along smoothly. Add to that a fair starting price (that is now a heck of a deal), and you have a 40-hour beast-bashing game to chase after.
  2. Jan 1, 2018
    Airship Syndicate brings a title where some points fail, such as optimization or a more immersive soundtrack, but has an excellent artistic section, a very intuitive combat system and an acceptable duration, which will be the perfect excuse for those who have never dared to take turn-based RPG games.
  3. Nov 5, 2017
    A solid old school turn-based RPG, graced by Madureira's awesome art but a little bit unbalanced towards combat rather than narration. Definitely a game to consider by lovers of the genre.