8.3

1. Jun 29, 2016
    Fascinating and breathtaking from A to Z. Never a game has deliver so much feelings to me.

INSIDE shows how video games are meant to be. But it also shows how Art can be.

Thank you Playdead, for everything.
  2. Jun 30, 2016
    I can understand how certain fans of a specific genre might give it a 10; if you were a huge fan of Limbo or of similarly beautiful art styles, you'll love this game just as much, and it is quite an immersive world through its beautiful animations and dark dreamlike atmosphere. But this game needs an honest user review from an unbiased gamer who loves games of all genres.

The 2 main

The 2 main facets of Inside are the puzzles and the story. Firstly, the puzzle sections of the game were often repetitive without anything truly revolutionary (although with some original concepts) for a 2-D platform/puzzle game. They aren't incredibly difficult which some may not be very happy about, but for me that actually isn't a complaint because I'd rather let the game and my enjoyment flow as opposed to getting stuck in frustration on a quirky puzzle for an hour at a time. Thankfully, I only spent about 20 minutes on the most challenging puzzle, and rarely as much on any other one. But as I mentioned, they are repetitive, and on the rare occasion annoyingly so. I also do have to give the game credit on being playable for almost anyone, and the mechanics are very simple with just a jump button and an action button the entire way through, and they work extremely well and are very functional.

That brings us to the story. Without giving anything away, I have to admit it really leaves me wanting for more (again, I won't say exactly in which way as to avoid giving any absolute impressions about it, because I do feel it is something that needs to be interpreted by each player individually). I'll just say that on top of it being short, you'll either absolutely love the story and it's ambiguous implications, or you'll be left scratching your head in the end. There is mystery involved...

So overall, Inside is a very fresh addition to anyone's game library, and a fun evening spent puzzling away. But really, that's all it is- one evening of play and as far as I could tell, no variation or incentive to playing it more than a second time around (if even that). So to give it as high a score as I would to some of the true masterpieces of the gaming world would be a crime, in my opinion. A hearty score of 7 for the 5 or so hours of fine enjoyment I got out fit, as well as the beautiful art and atmosphere. But nowhere near a 10 like so many others are giving it without at least another 10 hours of puzzles and gameplay, and certainly an extension of the story.
  3. Aug 8, 2016
    As a fan of Limbo I knew I had to play this. It looks great and plays in almost the same way with one or two extra little features that set it apart all while also being a tad nicer to look at when compared to Limbo.

You control a little boy through an environment moving along and solving a few puzzles here and there to allow you to continue on your quest "to the right". This journey is completed in a mostly dark environment that fills you with all sorts of questions as you progress: How did I get here? Where am I supposed to go and why am I supposed to get there? Why are those people and "things" chasing me? Am I meant to be "absorbed" or "assimilated"? etc. Fret not my dear friend as almost none of these questions will be answered and that is probably this games biggest fault.

In addition it's also quite an expensive experience (for what you get in my personal opinion) as in before you know it you'll have completed the game and you'll also most likely be left with more questions than answers. There are perhaps one or two puzzles that are decent enough for you to not instantly figure out however others will just ensure that you back track a bit to make sure you have all of the pieces. There is also a hidden set of most optional bits (I'm trying to not give away anything here) that will unlock a secret "ending".

Overall it was a fun experience and I'm glad I got to enjoy it however I was also left slightly empty afterwards especially knowing that I'd have to wait a good few months to possibly a year or two to make it viable for a second play through. In the end I was just left wishing that I'd rather just ignored it until it had gotten cheaper as it just didn't feel as if I had gotten my values worth.

Buy it if you really, really really loved Limbo and you want more of the same thing and don't mind the current asking price otherwise wishlist it and pick it up with a discount a while later on down the line. 7/10 hurt mostly by it's very short playtime, limited replay value (it really is going to be almost identical to your first play perhaps with one or two additional secrets discovered here and there) and finally leaving you with more questions than answers after completion.
  4. Sep 18, 2016
    Atmospheric and intriguing. A story that keeps you guessing throughout. Puzzles with unexpected solutions and a morbid, dark feel that continues the tone set by Limbo. Although not the longest game this was worth every second of play. Even after finishing and finding every secret, like a good movie or book, Inside wouldn't let me forget about it.
  5. Jun 30, 2016
    Aesthetically, this game is probably the most beautiful and perfectly created game I've ever played. It makes perfect use of light and shadows, depth, camera perspective, different post processing things like bluriness to objects and ambient environmental effects. It's use of sound is also perfect, with the "less is more" approach with great ambience. The character animations when movingAesthetically, this game is probably the most beautiful and perfectly created game I've ever played. It makes perfect use of light and shadows, depth, camera perspective, different post processing things like bluriness to objects and ambient environmental effects. It's use of sound is also perfect, with the "less is more" approach with great ambience. The character animations when moving and performing different actions for both the boy you play as and others you come across are painstakingly detailed with sometimes humorous result and sometimes scary.

Gameplay-wise, the puzzles are fun and exciting but not too difficult to figure out. The controls are very easy to understand, only the left analog stick, X and A are used, this could've been on NES basically. you only ever move left and right, although it felt sometimes like I was supposed to walk into the background by pressing up on the stick because the backgrounds are so vividly created and are always full of things happening. I never felt cheated because of bad character control, all the deaths I had felt like it was my own fault.

The game is short. I finished it in 2-4 hours. It has a great flow to it. You get hooked and can't stop until you finish it. It might not be worth the current xbox live pricetag but it's video game art at it's best. It will take you on an emotional ride, you will laugh, get scared and surprised during this short but involving adventure.
  6. Jul 1, 2016
    This is without a doubt one of the most memorable and best games I've played in a long time and a game that while very similar to Limbo, is better than that title in every way.
    Without any dialogue it presents a tale that's horrific, fascinating and up to the player to interpret. The flow of the game is also fantastic, with no area dragging for too long and puzzles that never gets you frustrated. The ending sequence which is utterly amazing could have been just a tad longer though.

All in all Inside really shows what video games can accomplish and what makes the medium totally unique.
  7. Jul 1, 2016
    The game is intensely macabre, bizarre and mysterious, with a beautiful visual despite the gloomy appearance, really a game that stirs your emotions and makes you curious about what's going on, great game and recommended
  8. Jun 30, 2016
    It's rare to play a game as utterly perfect as INSIDE. I'm not one for indie games, nor was I a huge fan of Limbo, but INSIDE is one of the most impeccably crafted video games that I've ever experienced. If you're looking for pitch perfect pacing, inventive but doable puzzles, haunting atmosphere with richly detailed environments, beautiful lighting, and a soundtrack that serves to enrichIt's rare to play a game as utterly perfect as INSIDE. I'm not one for indie games, nor was I a huge fan of Limbo, but INSIDE is one of the most impeccably crafted video games that I've ever experienced. If you're looking for pitch perfect pacing, inventive but doable puzzles, haunting atmosphere with richly detailed environments, beautiful lighting, and a soundtrack that serves to enrich the visual surroundings, and have it all look smooth and animate well when in motion, you can't really do much better than INSIDE. Very rarely does a game come along with this level of polish and quality that permeates every single facet of the game. This is easily one of the best video games of not just this generation, but hands down one of the best that I've ever played. Expand
  9. Jul 21, 2016
    “Inside” truly is an experience; calling it a “game” is to dismiss its very nature. Similar to Playdead’s “Limbo” before it, “Inside” isn’t about the hand-holding typical of most titles: “Here’s the protagonist, here’s the motivation and here’s 30 minutes of tutorials to teach you what to expect.” No, “this experience is none of that. The story and motivation are definitely there, but in a“Inside” truly is an experience; calling it a “game” is to dismiss its very nature. Similar to Playdead’s “Limbo” before it, “Inside” isn’t about the hand-holding typical of most titles: “Here’s the protagonist, here’s the motivation and here’s 30 minutes of tutorials to teach you what to expect.” No, “this experience is none of that. The story and motivation are definitely there, but in a series of questions you’ll ask yourself rather than overt answers the game will tell you; you learn through implication rather than exposition. It’s this intrigue that makes the muted colors and oft morbidly bleak themes of the world of “Inside” so incredibly immersive, easily one of the most immersive I’ve ever personally experienced. Whether ducking flashlights, evading attack dogs, patiently sussing out one of the world’s many wonderful and unique puzzles or just standing in awe of the environment and atmosphere around me, I feel like I’m there, and “there” is where the game truly shines above so many others. I won’t spoil anything, but be warned: don’t expect answers; don’t expect for everything to be wrapped up in a nice, neat little package in the end. “Inside” will end and what you feel is what you feel, what you think is what you think and overall, the end-to-end experience should leave an imprint as deep as the questions you’ll hunger to have answered. If “Inside” succeeds at anything, it’s at reminding you that the rabbit hole is always deeper than you think it is, and sometimes it’s not even a rabbit hole at all… Expand
  10. Jul 1, 2016
    Video games as an art form has been something heavily debated for some time, but if Playdead has any say on the matter I believe the case has been settled. Using their beautifully crafted game Limbo as a springboard, they created a masterpiece that surpassed its predecessor in every way. A puzzle game at heart, Inside is packaged in a game that is filled with emotion and wrapped in mystique.
  11. Jul 19, 2016
    Inside is a triumph of style over substance. The art direction is often
    breath-taking (although with one too many grim warehouses and an overly long water section.) As with Limbo, the animation is smooth and the controls are both simple and nicely weighted.
    Inside is a triumph of style over substance. The art direction is often

Unfortunately, it’s all in service of not a lot of game. The story never really gets going, too much is left open to interpretation, and a brilliantly surreal ending twist is over before you can fully get your head around it.

While it’s technically far superior to Limbo, as an experience it feels shallow and slight by comparison.
  12. Jul 13, 2016
    Without question, Inside is one of the greatest games ever made. It is so meticulously edited and perfected that I honestly cannot think of another game as polished. Playdead just gave a free lesson to everyone on how to make art. This is the first game in my three-plus decades of gaming that I can't stop thinking about after I beat it.
  13. Jul 5, 2016
    INSIDE has just become one of my favorite games of all time. The game certainly picks up where LIMBO left off, and exceeds expectations in every way imaginable. Playdead has transcended what I believed was possible in videogames, much less a puzzle/ platformer. The physics are so well done that they almost make the game feel easy, that is to say, you feel like a part of the game and thatINSIDE has just become one of my favorite games of all time. The game certainly picks up where LIMBO left off, and exceeds expectations in every way imaginable. Playdead has transcended what I believed was possible in videogames, much less a puzzle/ platformer. The physics are so well done that they almost make the game feel easy, that is to say, you feel like a part of the game and that every movement is smooth and uninterrupted. The game is constructed in such a way that it sucks you in, and leaves no hints that you are actually playing a $20 platformer that you bought on whim. The farther you progress in the game, the more you question life and its importance when their are games like this to be played. Okay, perhaps I'm being a bit dramatic, but seriously, INSIDE is the type of game that leaves you with more questions than answers which is something unique nowadays.

I have never played a game this smooth and peaceful, yet intense and engaging at the same time. Everything about this game gives you chills because of how it plays on some of our most primal fears and curiosity with the grotesque. I would say this has the best art and design of any game I have ever played. I would even argue its better than the first Bioshock game in terms of graphical design. INSIDE is one of the few games these days that actually makes you feel something inside while you play it; it even rivals 2001: A Space Odyssey in its incredible ability to make you question what is possible to make one feel in a videogame. It's about as far as you can get from the mindlessness of most games (If you think Call of Duty is the supreme videogame experience, then don't bother playing this game). The story of INSIDE is there, but it is never spoon fed to you through cheap tactics like dialogue. Instead, it is experienced through puzzles, brief animation, and attention to the environment.

Every aspect of this game that can be measured is perfect, that's how good it is. This game is certainly short, but its oh so sweet.
  14. Jul 1, 2016
    Inside is a game that ,like so many other people, I have been eagerly awaiting since playing the hugely enjoyable yet slightly disturbing Limbo. Inside has been six long years in the making and, now that it has arrived, I'm finding myself both pleased and disappointed all at once.

On the plus side of this reaction is the beautiful art work displayed in the visual design, the use of sound to set the mood, some satisfying environmental puzzles, and an ending that takes you to a place you never thought you'd find yourself.

However, all the positives are dragged down by one major factor, LENGTH. This is NOT a long game. My first play through took three and a half hours and by my second play through I had found all of the optional secrets. So that's a total of approximately seven hours total for full completion, and half of that was retreading old ground. That is just NOT a value package considering the price at launch of sixteen English pounds.

I look at Inside as an experiment in interactive storytelling rather than a "gamers" game. It is a wonderful experience, it just left me wanting more of it for the price I've payed. Overall, I'm glad that I've played or "experienced" this game, but I can't in good conscience give it a perfect score.

Maybe some of these new breed of games should come with a warning "CAUTION ART".
  15. Jul 1, 2016
    Sensacional, jogo com uma atmosfera, física, gráficos e ambientação excelentes. Lembra muito Limbo mas é um jogo bem diferente, o final é de explodir a cabeça e nos fazer pensar, o jogo possui um final secreto apenas quando você pega todos os coletáveis, tente descobrir o que acontece. Recomendo muito que todos joguem e prestigiem esse incrível jogo da playdead, depois de terminar o jogoSensacional, jogo com uma atmosfera, física, gráficos e ambientação excelentes. Lembra muito Limbo mas é um jogo bem diferente, o final é de explodir a cabeça e nos fazer pensar, o jogo possui um final secreto apenas quando você pega todos os coletáveis, tente descobrir o que acontece. Recomendo muito que todos joguem e prestigiem esse incrível jogo da playdead, depois de terminar o jogo assistam o trailer novamente. Expand
  16. Jun 30, 2016
    Inside takes its place i my eyes on the same podium as playdead's previous offering Limbo (2010) and Ori and the blind forest, both of which were masterpiece platformer's.

However Inside trumps Limbo with a suspenseful soundtrack and haunting visuals which keep you hooked from the beginning till the end. The ending left me wanting more and with many questions as to WTF had just

The ending left me wanting more and with many questions as to WTF had just happened over the last 3-4 hours. But it was a journey I enjoyed and would thoroughly recommend to get and become lost in this world.

I seriously see this game as a piece of art to be enjoyed, as the visuals are stunning and the score fits it perfectly. Even if the true nature of the game still feels a mystery by the end you do form your own story in your head as you play along and summons many emotions as you play through it.

Thoroughly entertaining, thought invoking, a artistic masterpiece.
  17. Jun 29, 2016
    Inside has to be one of the strangest yet beautiful games that I have played. I can not even describe the level of detail and polish this game delivers from start to finish. Small miniscule details such as debris falling from a platform to absolutely incredible lighting effects that make the world of Inside feel real and lived in. The puzzles are just the right level of difficulty to giveInside has to be one of the strangest yet beautiful games that I have played. I can not even describe the level of detail and polish this game delivers from start to finish. Small miniscule details such as debris falling from a platform to absolutely incredible lighting effects that make the world of Inside feel real and lived in. The puzzles are just the right level of difficulty to give you that level of accomplishment without the frustration that some of Limbo's puzzles gave me. The sound design is masterfully composed from the ambient electronic sounds that give off a somber and eerie vibe that make certain levels extremely memorable and emotional. Amazing game and in my opinion even greater than Limbo, a feat I was confident no other game could top in this genre. Expand
  18. Jul 9, 2016
    Inside is both an astounding achievement and a devastatingly empathetic experience – in the most blissful and expressive sense. Depending on your expectations of Interactive media, you'll either appreciate PlayDead’s unconventional narrative-driven masterpiece (as did I) or you may feel disgruntled by their total disregard for assimilating overwrought generic videogame tropes and mechanicsInside is both an astounding achievement and a devastatingly empathetic experience – in the most blissful and expressive sense. Depending on your expectations of Interactive media, you'll either appreciate PlayDead’s unconventional narrative-driven masterpiece (as did I) or you may feel disgruntled by their total disregard for assimilating overwrought generic videogame tropes and mechanics into their vision.

Inside boasts an overwhelmingly intricate semiotic design. Playhead's treatment of character, setting, narrative, gameplay, mise en scene, architecture and other aesthetic devices results in a seamless and unique experience.

Simply stunning and by far my best game of 2016.
  19. Jul 6, 2016
    After having taken advantage of the Limbo offer for free on PC and Xbox One the past few weeks to dive deep into its astonishing atmosphere one more time, I could steel myself to enjoy their brand new masterpiece as I should.

Inside is a part - in the same way as Limbo - of those indie games that succeed in putting the sphere of AAA games in the shade just by arming themselves with a staggering ambience. A brand new master stroke from Playdead.

With beautiful references to Limbo deftly disseminated here and there throughout this unique dark journey, a game concept transcended by its intelligent structure, an execution with great delicacy, a progressive breathtaking rhythm without any time out and above all, its deadly and remorseless traps.
    Inside keeps the player on tenterhooks by insinuating within his head, a profound feeling of unease while facing some passages, thus strongly rooting this dread of the failure that will lead the guy to his death. Not devoid of subtle cinematographical references, the game features a redoubtable graphical ambience that grabs the player by the throat and throws him at the heart of a very dark trek in a world that tremendously looks like a dystopia. Adding some tints of colour doesn't change the overall meaning of the artistic direction which takes root with fervor in that of Limbo, and hence brings the same amount of oppression. Managing to tell a story just through the use of a specific ambience, the environment, the Gameplay and subtle references, we can easily spot this indisputable know-how from Playdead who deals another coup de grâce and makes an eloquent demonstration of one of their most primary talents.

Masterful.
  20. Jul 1, 2016
    There was nothing bad about the game. The narrative, art design, score and gameplay/puzzles were all very well done. However, I don't see anything particularly mind-blowing or genre-defining here. It's well made, but it didn't blow me away. I'm not going to say why others should not feel that way, but after beating it (in less than 4 hours by the way) I walked away satisfied that I got myThere was nothing bad about the game. The narrative, art design, score and gameplay/puzzles were all very well done. However, I don't see anything particularly mind-blowing or genre-defining here. It's well made, but it didn't blow me away. I'm not going to say why others should not feel that way, but after beating it (in less than 4 hours by the way) I walked away satisfied that I got my money's worth and had a good experience with the game, but extremely confused as to why this game is being hailed as the greatest thing ever. Expand
  21. Jul 12, 2016
    Inside reminds me of limbo but with easier puzzles it is an ok game but very short under 4hrs for me to complete and just to get the remaining achievements.

the game is overpriced at £16 i think £8 would be fair, i do not understand how people can give it a 10.i like to think i have semi good judgement on games given the 25+ years i playing them but this brings nothing great to the

the game is overpriced at £16 i think £8 would be fair,

i do not understand how people can give it a 10.i like to think i have semi good judgement on games given the 25+ years i playing them but this brings nothing great to the table.

i would advise people to wait for it to be half price,your not missing out.

kinda wish i used the money to take another shot at resident evil 5 at the same price just alot more game for the buck.
  22. Jul 22, 2016
    While Inside is a short game it is highly polished and very immersive. In typical PlayDead fashion its very very dark and very odd but left me thinking about the game for a long time. Inside is very much worth both your time and your money. Some of the best puzzles since Portal 2.

GRAPHICS: A very simple palette with a 2,5D structure, great backgrounds and a very clean and simple art style.

SOUND: Sound is fantastic and very atmospheric creating a constant state of unease and very eerie game.

GAME PLAY: Simply amazing. The puzzles will make you think and some require impeccable timing but all are solvable and create a sense of tension followed by relief and a feeling of elation when you get through them.

This is what puzzle platformers should be - immersive, intense, atmospheric and very fun to play. This is a definite purchase for anyone who enjoys great game design and great game play.

So far this is definitely one of my top games for this year and one of my all time favorites.
  23. Jul 19, 2016
    This game is an visual achievement in interactive art, the dystopian setting draws you in from beginning to end and the animations is the smoothest I've seen since Journey.

There is no doubt this is an masterpiece and needs to be experienced!
  24. Jun 29, 2016
    This game is absolutely incredible for so many reasons: story, atmosphere, physics engine, music, style...it's truly awesome. I'm already on my second play through and I just beat it. I can't get enough. I don't hand out 10's for ratings but this game is perfection for me.

It is a puzzle platformer...so if you don't like to use your brain you may not like this game. If you don't like an incredibly immersive story you may not like this game.

For me this is what gaming truly should be engrossing, easy to pick up but not easy to put down. I can't wait to share it with people who aren't gamers at all because its that easy to jump into...
  25. Jun 29, 2016
    INSIDE is a real piece of art. And it was so predictable.
    I dream about this since five years.
    Thank you Arnt Jensen. Thank you Playdead. I wish you a long life.
  26. Jun 30, 2016
    If you liked Limbo you will love this. The ending gave me goose bumps. My GF walked in around the ending and screamed WTF is that??? Could not recommend more.
  27. Jun 30, 2016
    one of the best game I have ever played and will play. SO fun and addicting. It's hard and easy at the same time, and a very compelling story. You have to buy.
  28. Jul 1, 2016
    My emotions at the beginning of the game were mostly filled with fear. The pit in my stomach as I barely escaped death time after time was intense. Contrast that to the huge smile on my face the last 20 minutes(I laughed out loud multiple times, though I'm probably twisted). This game is incredible and should not be missed.
  29. Jun 29, 2016
    INSIDE is a real piece of art.

Inside is a adventure platformer developed by Playdead. Inside is the successor of Limbo (2010), and the game thematically and visually similar with Limbo. In Inside is the same system like in Limbo, and the protagonist of the game it's a young boy. This young boy explore the environment presented as a primarily monochromatic, 2.5D game. Audio: The
    INSIDE is a real piece of art.

Audio:
    The sounds are very great in this. They made you to live and feel in a real horror movie. The Forest, the wind, the, rain, the water, the dogs, the chickens, the pigs, everything.
    Like in Limbo there are not dialogues between the youg boy or somebody else.
    The sound composed from the ambient electronic sounds that give off a somber and eerie vibe that make certain levels extremely memorable and emotional.
    The sounds and music are accentuated with subtle industrial ambiance, audio and music differs from one action to another.

Graphics & Visuals:
    Inside presents primarily monochromatic, 2.5D game, using only splashes of color to highlight parts of the environment. The game is incredible with the noir atmosphere.
    The colors and contrasts from levels are very detailed and polished. The art of lighting effects make the world of Inside feel real and lived in.
    The graphic of the game is simple and good, complex and beatiful.
    The visuals of the world are in move. Anything, the chickens, the fishes, the lights follows you. Everything is a circle of the universe.

Gameplay:
    In Inside, you control a young boy unnamed. The control and the gameplay it's very simple and attractive.
    The variety of puzzles and mechanics keeps the game in action and fresh. Every puzzle has unique resolution system.
    In the first there's no any tutorials or hints. You must to learn what to do in time, like in Limbo.
    The gameplay is very smooth, in action anytime. You need to traverse the dark woods, followed by the dogs and guards. abandoned cities and flooded factories.
    You'll be hunted by anybody. Guards will shot you, the dogs will bite you in a brutal mode, the pigs will do a rodeo time.
    Besides these you must to be very carefully to avoid the traps, there are everywhere.
    The young boy is fearless but vulnarable and you need to be patient.
    The animations of deaths are very brutal and sadistically.
    Otherwise fluidity of the game will attract you.

Story:
    The story is not very accurate. You are a young boy, and you need to traverse more parts of that world. Like, dark woods, old barns, water, old industrial cities, factoryes and warehouses.
    You must to find and rescue something hidden by the world. The story has 2-3 hours of gameplay.

Conclusion:
    This is the best puzzle platformer I played in those years. For me, this will be the best 2016 platformer/adventure game. Maybe this will be GOTY.
    In 6 years, 2 games, 2 masterpieces.

30. Jun 29, 2016
    Inside sets a new standard for "2D" platformers. It is truly innovative and a next generation game. Playdead out did themselves, surpassing Limbo. The game presents a unique narrative that is told subtly through it's nature, has a haunting and beautiful score, and has a simple yet captivating visual design. These are all wrapped inside an outstanding package to deliver an untouchableInside sets a new standard for "2D" platformers. It is truly innovative and a next generation game. Playdead out did themselves, surpassing Limbo. The game presents a unique narrative that is told subtly through it's nature, has a haunting and beautiful score, and has a simple yet captivating visual design. These are all wrapped inside an outstanding package to deliver an untouchable experience. The past few years have been a long wait but well worth it. Look forward to Playdead's future titles. Expand
  31. Jul 4, 2016
    An instant masterpiece. Its better than Limbo in every way. This has game of the year written all over it..

The art, sound design, intuitive gameplay and atmosphere are 2nd to none. Do yourself a favour and play this amazing game.
  32. Jul 4, 2016
  33. Jul 4, 2016
    it's pretty but it's still just a platformer. the "puzzles" are generally not that hard but just require timing which can be really irritating and requires dying over and over and over and over and waiting on reloads. some "puzzles" are just too obtuse requiring a walkthrough/guide. who would ever think you have to move one particular unmarked box among all the unmarked boxes to revealit's pretty but it's still just a platformer. the "puzzles" are generally not that hard but just require timing which can be really irritating and requires dying over and over and over and over and waiting on reloads. some "puzzles" are just too obtuse requiring a walkthrough/guide. who would ever think you have to move one particular unmarked box among all the unmarked boxes to reveal the required path? love the look and atmosphere though i find the actual gameplay tiresome. also not that great a value. 20$ for a few hours of gameplay as opposed to some games for 60$ you can put in 100's of hours Expand
  34. Jul 12, 2016
    Like Limbo, Inside is puzzles, platforming, and atmosphere. If you haven't played Limbo, you can get a demo on Steam and often buy it for a few bucks on sale or in Humble Bundles. If you liked Limbo, you'll like Inside. It isn't quite as stylish, with more of a typical 3D look, but it does have a certain style. It is darkly humorous, or playfully creepy. It has a definite feel, butLike Limbo, Inside is puzzles, platforming, and atmosphere. If you haven't played Limbo, you can get a demo on Steam and often buy it for a few bucks on sale or in Humble Bundles. If you liked Limbo, you'll like Inside. It isn't quite as stylish, with more of a typical 3D look, but it does have a certain style. It is darkly humorous, or playfully creepy. It has a definite feel, but does not have any real plot or character development.
    It is 4-5 hours depending on how much you die and how long you take to figure out certain puzzles. I've spent nearly $20 on 3D IMAX movies that have turned out to be 2-hour duds. $5/hr for Inside seems like a bargain to me. It is fun and entertaining, and a little bit creepy as well as a little challenging.
    Check out Limbo first. If you don't like that, you won't like Inside. if you do like Limbo, Inside has more to offer in the way of game play even though it isn't quite as stylish.
  35. Aug 2, 2016
    The beginning and end was superb, the middle was a little boring.
    A great surprise of an indie game that is worth the play-trough for any game enthusiast.
  36. Jul 12, 2016
    PLAYDEAD have taken Limbo to a whole new level. Highly atmospheric, disturbingly macabre, intrinsic puzzles, all wrapped up in a mysterious slowly evolving story. I'm 5.5 hours in and I can't remember the percentage complete. I don't care. The fact I've died 102 times already is win in my book! Can't wait to see/experience the next title from the devs.
  37. Aug 6, 2016
    I never played a game which got me emotionally attached into it for a long time.

The fascinating background/foreground visuals are so in details, same praise apply to the game's soundtrack and sound effect as well, totally masterpiece to brought in the player's attention and keep it intense yet not repetitive or frustrated. The puzzle are just alright, not too difficult or easy. I

I can understand some people concerning the games's 5 hour length being too short or too easy, but this is an art rather than a puzzle/action game in my opinion, and all that extra puzzles might distract you from the mysterious plot progressing. Overall the pacing and the flow of the game is just perfect.

As for the plot, everyone has their own interpretation which is fine. I just love how ambiguous the game universe showed us, from the environment at the background and certain objects you have to interact, are all amazingly introduce the city/world you live in. The ending was perfectly presented in my opinion, which has a significant symbolic and beautiful meaning, well to me at least. Although I agree it may confuse some player who lacks imagination and creativity.

It hardly is a genre-defying game, but in a time where game companies just recreate the same format action/shooter/etc fast pacing games, yet without patient to build on a world full with intriguing details and element and paint a fascinating story, this masterpiece not only stand out, and fully deserve all the praises and acclaims
  38. Jun 29, 2016
    Damn, what a beautiful masterpiece. Saying anything would be a spoiler, this should be play ASAP. if you enjoyed LIMBO in any way, shape, or form, you will love Inside.
  39. Jul 3, 2016
    No story. No idea what is going on throughout the game, other than mind control... Both endings are stupid. Game is crazy short, then the ending starts to get exciting, picking up the pace then all of a sudden it feels like getting blu-balls. Credits roll then a overwhelming feeling of being kicked in the nuts for spending $20 on ... this. Wait till it drops in price for $5.00 on xbox live gold.
  40. Jul 15, 2016
    Massive disappointment. I loved LIMBO and this has the same look and feel overall but I was left wondering why I wasted my time. It starts off well enough but as each of the 4 short hours pass it the enjoyment dwindles until you just want it to be over. The turning point for me was when something that has been an 'enemy' suddenly 'helps' you and whatever the heck the final minutes ofMassive disappointment. I loved LIMBO and this has the same look and feel overall but I was left wondering why I wasted my time. It starts off well enough but as each of the 4 short hours pass it the enjoyment dwindles until you just want it to be over. The turning point for me was when something that has been an 'enemy' suddenly 'helps' you and whatever the heck the final minutes of the game was, my wife walked in while playing and was like WTF!?!?!... I echo her sentiment. I purchased it on editorial reviews as I did Gone Home a few years back and it isn't often I think the consensus is so far off base but like Gone Home, for the record a WORSE game, I do not get the scores at all. Pretty, cool animations, easy 'puzzles' and what story... not a good one. Expand
  41. Jul 3, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Does anyone notice how terrible the ending is?
    The entire game was beautiful and was building up to something. An excellent story was brewing up.
    During the time I experienced the game, there was an exciting build up with tons of emotions going through me. It was glorious. Then the ending came. You get sucked into this glowing hole and the tension was real until you come into this chamber in a very, very anti-climactic and unsatisfying way and then you absorb yourself into this ball of people and escape the complex. Ultimate retard ending.

I was absolutely livid. I felt played and trolled by Play Dead for ruining something that could have been ground-breaking. They had to make it disappointing on purpose or I really don't know what to think.
  42. Jul 27, 2016
    o jogo e ruim em todos os aspectos, nao vale a pena comprar ele pois alem de a historia ser pessima a gameplay do jogo torna-se repetitiva e chata durante toda a campanha e tambem tem a questao dos gaficos que são bastante ultrapassados.
  43. Jan 1, 2017
    There are no flaws, perfect throughout.

It's so tight, there is no filler, no crap, it's so perfectly crafted and I cannot pick a single flaw in it..
  44. Aug 22, 2016
    Astonishing. I always wondered why the game took so long to produce. Now i know. Hollywood level production values. The cutting edge at your fingertips. Game of the decade. Best experience since Shadow of the Colossus. Well done Playdead.
  45. Oct 3, 2018
    This is the best game of its genre, hands down. It doesn't technically deserve a 10, but since it's at least a 9 and the best of its genre, in a genre that is lately overdone, it must have a bonus. Definitely recommended to anyone liking some atmospheric platformer.
  46. Jul 14, 2016
    this is a very fascinating and profound experience. Inside delivers on everything it sets out to be, its visually stunning with a very unique visual style, and the gameplay also has its own unique feel to it. Its that kind of story that paints a big enough picture to get some idea of whats going on but leaves lots of areas for you to fill in yourself and make your own interpretation ofthis is a very fascinating and profound experience. Inside delivers on everything it sets out to be, its visually stunning with a very unique visual style, and the gameplay also has its own unique feel to it. Its that kind of story that paints a big enough picture to get some idea of whats going on but leaves lots of areas for you to fill in yourself and make your own interpretation of this very ambitious story, themes and ideas. Not everyone is going to enjoy this game, because to fully appreciate it you have to really read into it, but even for those not willing to, the puzzles in the game should keep most people entertained. the puzzles are very well thought out and just as unique as everything else, unfortuently I do wish some of the puzzles could have been more challenging, but that's more a nitpick than anything. the only real issue I have with the game is that it can be a little overly obtuse, which for some may be a good thing allowing more discussions for theories, but it leaves feeling more confused then enlightened once you finish the game. I love that it leaves a lot to interpretation but it feels that it leaves to much of the picture blank and by the end of the game your not really sure what your looking at. But after reading some theories and some analyzing of your own, it may become a bit clearer, but I really do feel the game would be better if it was a little bit more concrete and is what is keeping it from being a 10. the gameplay can make you feel a little gloomy, but I feel the developers were trying to evoke those kind of emotions from the player, even if it made the game a little bit less enjoyable, which I really appreciate them doing, sacrificing what people may want for the sake of art is something developers are too scared to do now a days and its great to see small indie games taking those sorts of risks. definitely something you should try if you are into artistic games, you may end up loving it. Expand
  47. Jul 16, 2016
    The critics got it wrong. But they are half right. The first half of the game is great stuff. Their is a lot of variety and cinematic(as you can get for a simple 2D platformer) moments. But then the many deaths get annoying and the puzzles get harder. At this point I just wanted to get the game over with. And the ending feels numb. The secret one makes things too simple. For a game likeThe critics got it wrong. But they are half right. The first half of the game is great stuff. Their is a lot of variety and cinematic(as you can get for a simple 2D platformer) moments. But then the many deaths get annoying and the puzzles get harder. At this point I just wanted to get the game over with. And the ending feels numb. The secret one makes things too simple. For a game like this the plot should have a little weight but it all comes down to basic themes that we've all played, watched, and read before. Now to try Limbo. Expand
  48. Jul 15, 2016
    Итак Русская рецензия на это прекрасное творения
    Игра сама по себе головоломка , но знаю опыт лимба я предположил и надеялся что игра будет гораздо более высокой , вдумчивой , о чём-то таинственном.
    Прошёл я игру за день (да у меня много свободного времени) И что я заметил, ИГРА ШЕДЕВР смысл который даже не скрытый а наложенный на саму игру не заставит ваши мозги отдыхать , если
    Итак Русская рецензия на это прекрасное творения
    Прошёл я игру за день (да у меня много свободного времени)
    И что я заметил, ИГРА ШЕДЕВР смысл который даже не скрытый а наложенный на саму игру не заставит ваши мозги отдыхать , если хотите понять весь смысл игры , нужно уметь думать , ДЛЯ ЭТОГО НУЖНО ХОТЯ БЫ УМЕТЬ МЫСЛИТЬ.
  49. Jul 14, 2016
    What can one say. Just play it. Just play the damn game! If you like Limbo, you'll love it! Played the whole thing in one night because it easily pulls you in and grabs your curiosity "what is this world I'm exploring? What happened to society?" This game is another step forward for video games as a creative story telling thought provoking amazing piece of entertainment device!
  50. Jul 6, 2016
    it will cause u not to sleep good movie the story not bored dat was amazing the secret beyond all enjoy watching this movie im sure u will like it but dont watch alone
  51. Jul 11, 2016
    This Game Is Awsome ! This Game Is Awsome ! This Game Is Awsome This Game Is Awsome ! This Game Is Awsome ! This Game Is Awsome ! This Game Is Awsome !
  52. Oct 11, 2016
    Story - Nothing really was given to you as a player regarding the plot. I LIKE IT. Everything is open to interpretation and you as a player, is very open to state on what you see and believe. Graphics was very good for its artistic style. A good 9/10 for me.

Gameplay - Well, I could say as a 2D puzzle platform. This game nailed it perfectly! The game does not show you clues as for the puzzles unless you actually burn your eyebrows to solve them all. Despite the campaign being short, the puzzles would give you more hours depending on how long you perform or solve them. Another good 9/10 for me.

Total = 9

Playdead's follow up to the critically accalaimed limbo never dissapoint, in fact, it is the better in the too because it has better graphics, better gameplay, just better all around. Never did i feel all that happy in a 2D platform game that what Inside did to me. Its just a memorable and somewhat freaky experience. And despite it being an Indie game, I feel like it would stand its ground as a GOTY contender and maybe one of the few game who could go toe-to-toe with Uncharted 4 (Face it Sony Ponies, Its that good).
  53. Sep 13, 2016
    Very underrated game, it was definitely one of the better experiences I've had playing a game this year. My only problem with the game is that it is only about 5 hours long. I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10.
  54. Aug 3, 2016
    Inside is a good game. 93 from critics is a little above its own merit though because the game is never challenging and it is too short. I am fan of limbo, I finished at least 6 times and I instantly became a playdead's fan. I've been looking forward for Inside and while some may say it surpass limbo as a game I doubt that very much. The story is intriguing and reflexive, with an ending toInside is a good game. 93 from critics is a little above its own merit though because the game is never challenging and it is too short. I am fan of limbo, I finished at least 6 times and I instantly became a playdead's fan. I've been looking forward for Inside and while some may say it surpass limbo as a game I doubt that very much. The story is intriguing and reflexive, with an ending to be discussed. The gameplay is varied and fun, but Unravel, Ori and The Blind forest and even N.E.R.O are more precious to me in this time with indies... Expand
  55. Jan 2, 2017
    For me INSIDE is a mindblowing mindxxxing experience of high-tension WTF moments in a wonderfully melancholic atmosphere, a flawlessly crafted piece of art.
    Thank you, everyone at Playdead! Somehow playing your games makes me feel understood.
  56. Jan 24, 2017
    This is a very interesting project. The amount of care that went into this 2d platformer puzzler is pretty impressive. Worth a play if you enjoyed limbo.
  57. Aug 14, 2016
    LIMBO was a genre-defining effort that took the gaming world by storm, and I loved every moment of it. INSIDE had been teased for years so it began to build hype, which is potentially fatal to a game's reception. I was anxious as to how it could top the minimalist masterpiece that was LIMBO. It didn't equal LIMBO's greatness, but it somehow managed to accelerate onto a whole other level.LIMBO was a genre-defining effort that took the gaming world by storm, and I loved every moment of it. INSIDE had been teased for years so it began to build hype, which is potentially fatal to a game's reception. I was anxious as to how it could top the minimalist masterpiece that was LIMBO. It didn't equal LIMBO's greatness, but it somehow managed to accelerate onto a whole other level. This is what video games should be. The visuals are some of the best I've ever seen in a video game; despite the visuals being very minimalist and washed out like its predecessor, they are striking and beautiful, along with the glorious faux-3D level design. Its story unfolds slowly but at a perfect pace, sustaining a constant sense of intrigue and excitement. The game also evokes a surprising amount of emotion even though a word is never spoken and a facial expression is never seen. THAT is the sign of a good game; one which can make you feel something based solely on its level design and pace.

The finale of the game was one of the biggest surprises and it hits all the marks in surrealism. The only disappointing aspect of the game was that the credits came too soon. This was so worth the six year wait and I'm thoroughly excited to see what Playdead think of next.
  58. Sep 26, 2016
    Este juego es absolutamente increible, la historia te atrapa de principio a fin para mi no tiene nada que ver con limbo pues muchos dicen que es lo mismo y gráficamente lo que hicieron fue extraordinario de igual manera la jugabilidad el cambio de ambientes musica la capacidad de buceo los personajes todo completa y extraordinariamente bien hecho, me es incomprensible como pueden haberEste juego es absolutamente increible, la historia te atrapa de principio a fin para mi no tiene nada que ver con limbo pues muchos dicen que es lo mismo y gráficamente lo que hicieron fue extraordinario de igual manera la jugabilidad el cambio de ambientes musica la capacidad de buceo los personajes todo completa y extraordinariamente bien hecho, me es incomprensible como pueden haber calificaciones bajas de pocos usuarios para un juego tan maravilloso un exito playdead lo volvieron a hacer maravilloso saludos ... Expand
  59. Aug 10, 2016
    This game reminds me one of those weird cult movies, with lots of bizarre stuff going on, but with a message hidden behind it. Unfortunately, i think i didn't get what it is all about. I mean, why people want to kill the boy we control? What's the meaning behind the human experiments we see at the lab scenarios? What's the scientists purpose?

The game doesn't answer anything and leave

The game doesn't answer anything and leave everything to our own interpretation.

I would enjoy it a bit more if i could get the plot properly, but gameplay wise it does very well. It's a 2D game that mixes platforming elements and stealth elements with heavy puzzle solving, which is fun and creative. There's some challenging ones, but their solution is never overly complicated or obtuse.

I also enjoyed the horror movie atmosphere. Specially the start the reminds me a lot of the Friday the 13th movies. There's even some enemies wearing masks that look like Jason Voorhees. Although the abundance of gray looking scenarios was starting to annoying me.

Anyway, it's a strange game, but it's worth the time spent and you will not really spend a lot of time here, since the it doesn't last more than 5 hours.
  60. Jan 2, 2018
    Inside is everything Limbo was and more. Whereas Limbo was a truly 2-dimensional platformer, Inside integrates the backdrop much more into the narrative of the game and provides visual cues that effect gameplay. The visual and audio elements of this game are like no other that I have played and left quite the impact on my imagination. So much so that I have no doubt that the imagery fromInside is everything Limbo was and more. Whereas Limbo was a truly 2-dimensional platformer, Inside integrates the backdrop much more into the narrative of the game and provides visual cues that effect gameplay. The visual and audio elements of this game are like no other that I have played and left quite the impact on my imagination. So much so that I have no doubt that the imagery from this game will stay with me subconsciously for the rest of my life. Anyone who has had dreams of video games you haven’t played in years will know what I am talking about. I personally played this game in a room with the door closed and the lights off and I was completely entranced during every second. When you can afford to, it is pleasant to just pause during certain portions of the game and take in the landscapes in the background and listen to the ambient noise of the environment.

Like Limbo, the core gameplay of Inside is quite simple and this serves as a strength. The game is intuitive and easy to pick up. This simple gameplay removes superficial barriers and allows easy immersion into the game’s setting. Despite the simplicity of the core gameplay, the puzzles that you are tasked with completing are at the perfect level of challenge. They cause you to really think and observe your environment while not being so difficult that you spend an unnecessarily long amount of time trying to figure out what to do, all the while being drawn out of the immersive visual and auditory elements of the game. As the narrative progresses and you discover new and interesting aspects to this landscape’s environment, these aspects become integrated into the gameplay and puzzles. There is a real progression throughout the game of different environments and Playdead does an excellent job of integrating the evolving environment into an evolving gameplay. Playdead has also scattered various “collectible” objects throughout the game. When all of these objects are deactivated the player has the chance to unlock a secret ending. I personally enjoy obtaining achievements, and every achievement in the game is related to the collectibles. I particularly liked how each achievement title/description gives you a hint as to the collectible’s location. On Xbox One there was also a picture of the collectible in its location for each achievement, but due to the way these are hidden away these pictures do not give away the collectible’s location. There’s also another visual tell that gives away that a collectible is nearby that I will not spoil. All in all, I really appreciated the way that the collectibles were done and I found them fun to collect. I personally don’t like when collectibles are obscurely hidden with no hints or clues as to their locations and Inside does just the opposite.

Despite my praise for the immersive ambient environment above, Inside is filled with danger and the potential for brutal death much like its predecessor. By doing so, Inside manages to both capture your imagination and keep you on edge. This mixture creates a feeling that I think Limbo captured, and Inside did even better that in many ways is becoming Playdead’s signature.

I’ll talk about the narrative and ending without providing any spoilers. The narrative in Inside is conveyed entirely visually. The game starts similarly to Limbo where the player simply appears from the left of the screen as an unnamed boy. You progress through increasingly industrial and urban areas and discover more and more mysteries that seem to have a scientific basis. The discovery at the end of the game (and the gameplay change that comes along with it) is quite shocking and interesting. After my initial playthrough, and seeing the original ending I found the ending to be pleasant albeit somewhat confusingly ambiguous. The alternate ending raised even more questions. For better or worse, this is the kind of ending that you Google after you complete the game. The answers I found on the internet seemed somewhat legitimate and the information I found completely challenged my first hypothesis about the meaning of the ending. I realized, like I think many other players have, that my first analysis was pretty superficial and that there are a lot of visual details shown throughout the entirety of the game that you realize in retrospect seem like parts of a larger picture. However, I don’t believe any conclusive evidence has been found or analysis done that gives a definitive meaning to the game. At first, I was displeased by this ambiguity. But I have found myself thinking quite a bit about the game and what meanings could lie within that I plan on playing through a second time and am eager to do so.
  61. Aug 18, 2016
    A must play. 3-5 hours in length(a bit short if you are looking for something more meaty to sink your teeth into) and generally fairly simple puzzles are my only very minor complaints.

As others have said, its beautifully designed, very unsettling in a good way, and it leaves enough mystery after you finish to leave you thinking about for a while. Just go buy it, and play it, you won't regret it.
  62. Sep 28, 2016
    Great puzzle-platformer. The visuals, art design, sound design, and gameplay are all in perfect harmony. The story has a surprising amount of depth considering the absence of any dialogue or narration. It's not often a video game has people debating about a story's implications. While it is short, Inside is a must-own title that shows making video games is in fact an art form.
  63. Dec 7, 2017
    Simplistic game in 2.5D world with obscure atmosphere, 3 colors cartoon like graphics and zero dialogue.
    So much potential is trapped in this small yet fantastic package.
    Shame this is not AAA game. It could be groundbreaking moment in gaming.
  64. Sep 9, 2017
    INSIDE
    Odd but great
    Inside is a puzzle platforming game lasting a little less than 4 hours where you play as a boy trying to escape.. From what I’m not sure... a factory of sorts... a communist country… from being a test subject… Hews trying to escape... you just go forward hiding in shadows, outsmarting the occasional enemies and doing multiple environmental puzzles… Inside Is from
    INSIDE
    Odd but great
    Inside Is from the same studio that made LIMBO, and they feel pretty similar, though INSIDE feels much more polished and varied and to me was a much more enjoyable, and much more confusing experience..
    |Confusing because of the story. . Not the puzzles…
    Every puzzle I ran across in inside had a clever solution…
    I understood what needed to be done most of the time, but it was up to me figuring out how to accomplish this...
    There are many different puzzle types thrown in here, from timing, to pulling items, to distracting, to straight up mind control…
    I don’t have a favorite puzzle type as they were all equally fun to figure out…
    And the setting here its creepy and eaerie
    you feel like there’s danger around every corner, really immersing you into its world…
    as does the delivery of this games campaign as it slows down for a few stealth sections where you’re trying to blend in to not die..
    As this entire game you’re being searched for…
    so you have to dodge the sight of enemies as well as spot lights...
    no sections too frustrating with perfectly placed checkpoints much like limbo…
    INSIDE is a really special experience with moments I want to talk about but to prevent spoilers…I can’t
    if one things for certain, you’ll leave this game wondering exactly what just happened…
    I wasn’t quite blown away by this game as everyone else…
    but I can still see its magic…
    I give Inside
    an 8.5/10
  65. Oct 12, 2016
    One of the best video games ever. All its aspects are brilliant and fit together almost perfectly. Also it is incredibly innovative and charismatic. The only problem is that it's a very limited experience.
  66. Jan 5, 2017
    Playdead's first game, Limbo, was one of the greatest games of 2010. Now, in 2016 they are back with a new project, Inside. Inside plays pretty much identically to it's predecessor. But the graphics and textures have been vastly improved. The story is really strong, the story is intense, engaging, fast paced, and has great moments that you will remember long after the credits roll. But thePlaydead's first game, Limbo, was one of the greatest games of 2010. Now, in 2016 they are back with a new project, Inside. Inside plays pretty much identically to it's predecessor. But the graphics and textures have been vastly improved. The story is really strong, the story is intense, engaging, fast paced, and has great moments that you will remember long after the credits roll. But the ending is both unsatisfying and unasked for. Overall, Inside is a great game, with great improvements from Limbo, but has an unsatisfactory ending, and is a little overpriced at 20$. If you have the money, pick Inside up, but if you don't, wait for it to hit the bargain bin. Expand
  67. Feb 23, 2017
    Overall, Inside succeeds on every level. Even my problems with the game were easily overcome by the rest of it. The world building and design are some of the best I’ve ever seen, and the visual storytelling is perfectly executed. Inside is by far one of the best games of 2016 and it’s a game that shouldn’t be missed by anyone who enjoys games. 9.5/10
  68. Jun 19, 2017
    This is an indie game that will most likely be on many people list for GOTY. This is an extremely thought provoking game. From the creators of Limbo I didn't expect noting less.
  69. Jul 19, 2016
    Short but Sweet

Very well made and good little game. not very long at about 3 1/2 hours to fully complete (challenges and all). not a whole lot of replayability but must be experienced once. will make you wonder and think. a piece of ART more than a game really. at a decent price tag i would highly recommend it even with the short play thru time. thumbs up.
  70. Mar 21, 2018
    El juego esta bien,pero no se,le ha faltado algo ,me gusta mas el limbo pero este es muy recomendable
  71. Sep 12, 2016
    Inside is nothing short of a masterpiece, a future cult classic. The meticulous sound design, graphics, and attention to detail only compliment what, as a hardcore sci fi fan, is an undeniable triumph. Sensational sci fi mystery with such a shocking and thought provoking climax that actually works, is so rare that I am so satisfied with the game I felt the need to tell metacritic about itsInside is nothing short of a masterpiece, a future cult classic. The meticulous sound design, graphics, and attention to detail only compliment what, as a hardcore sci fi fan, is an undeniable triumph. Sensational sci fi mystery with such a shocking and thought provoking climax that actually works, is so rare that I am so satisfied with the game I felt the need to tell metacritic about its genius. Puzzles aren't too hard which may annoy some, but that really doesn't stand in the way of what a great game this is. 10/10, superb story telling, and also the post game analysis with friends is where it's at, that's what will make it a great. Enjoy! Expand
  72. Aug 17, 2016
    I haven't had such fun in a long time. This game is really something - I enjoyed almost every second of it. The ending disappointed me though, but I guess it's just a matter of interpreting it.
  73. Nov 27, 2016
    Truly original, atmospheric, dark humoured and haunting.

An absolute gem - something to introduce anyone into gaming with that has a feel for adult sci fi thrillers and art house sensibilities.
  74. Sep 1, 2016
    Great game, the story and the visuals are absolutely stunning. The game has been in development for quite some time and is only a few hours long, this isn't a bad thing however because the 3 to 4 hour experience you get is so well polished because of the fact they have been able to pour over it for the last few years and make sure that every single aspect of the game is perfect. In thisGreat game, the story and the visuals are absolutely stunning. The game has been in development for quite some time and is only a few hours long, this isn't a bad thing however because the 3 to 4 hour experience you get is so well polished because of the fact they have been able to pour over it for the last few years and make sure that every single aspect of the game is perfect. In this day and age there is a common misconception that if a game isn't 50+ hours long than it isn't a good game. Inside is the perfect example that you can make a game worth playing that is only a few hours long. Just because the game is short doesn't mean its not worth your time.

The only reason why I gave it an 8 out of 10 was because I wasn't sure how I felt about the way the story ended. It was not the way I would have liked it to end, but you will just have to wait and see for yourself. The story overall left me with a lot to think about and I thought about the whole story for days after I had completed it.

Other than my minor gripes with the ending, Inside is a great game and I would even go as far as to say it is a must play, if for nothing other than the fact that it is such a fundamentally sound and cleaver game.
  75. Sep 20, 2016
    Could not put it down, almost better to play it from start to finish. Smart, thoughtful and strange but in the best possible sense. Game play is tight and puzzles require out of the box thinking.

Superb.
  76. Oct 11, 2016
    Before you read a single review, if you have not played this game JUST GO PLAY THIS GAME. this is a game that everyone who has the slightest interest in digital arts should enjoy. below is my advice on how to best experience the game. this is just my opinion, THERE ARE NO SPOILERS IN MY ADVICE BELOW

1. First play through: play it alone or play with someone who has beat it (tell them what is listed in #3)
    2. play it all in one sitting or maybe two.
    3. second play through (or watch through really): find someone who has yet to play and watch them play as silently as possible. do not spoil anything and try not to help with puzzles. the only thing that is as good as playing this game is watching someone react to it organically
    4. now that two of you have beat the game find all of the secrets to reveal the secret ending
    5. discuss in depth. there is no such thing as a bad theory
    6. do not spoil it for anyone who has not played it

I hope I did not offend anyone by telling you how to go about experiencing a game but I think for this game these guidelines are important to get the full experience
    ENJOY

77. Nov 4, 2016
    I honestly think it deserves a 10/10. This game sets the bar so high for what a side-scroller can be that I question how someone will top it.

Every screen has care put into it, the animations are fluid, the puzzles are rewarding to solve without feeling frustrating or boring. It has such variety in its locations, and goes in so many unexpected directions, that I was absolutely blown

It has such variety in its locations, and goes in so many unexpected directions, that I was absolutely blown away from the first minutes on.

Please just trust me that it's worth playing through. This is a special game.
  78. Apr 26, 2017
    This is what a perfectly polished game looks like. The visuals are amazing, the sound is amazing, I could not ask for more from the puzzles.

BUT it's a story game without a story. It's like somehow they forgot to add it. The whole way through you play through mysterious scenes that a story could be set to, but it hasn't. People may finish and try to understand what it meant, but the reality is it doesn't mean anything. It's just a lot of crazy stuff with no story behind it.
  79. Oct 19, 2019
    It's just so good, I couldn't stop playing until the game was done, such a breath of fresh air in the middle of so many games that copy each other, level design is also so good.
  80. Jan 2, 2018
    Keyif = 8
    Atmosfer = 8
    Süre = 6
  81. Jan 24, 2018
    [XB1] - Inside is, basically, a platform game with extremely artistic characteristics and a (only apparently) minimalist graphic. Perhaps even more introspective than Limbo, the previous title of the same Studio. Sometimes the contents appear strong and excessive, feeling also fueled by the fact that the protagonist is a child with the somatic features less comic of the previous[XB1] - Inside is, basically, a platform game with extremely artistic characteristics and a (only apparently) minimalist graphic. Perhaps even more introspective than Limbo, the previous title of the same Studio. Sometimes the contents appear strong and excessive, feeling also fueled by the fact that the protagonist is a child with the somatic features less comic of the previous protagonist seen in Limbo. Longevity is a few hours, but it is certainly not for the longevity that a title of this kind is played. Never difficult and frustrating. In two words, minimalist and intimate. Expand
  82. Jul 15, 2019
    INSIDE is a fantastic interactive story that has me both yearning for more and satisfied with the short story.

INSIDE is a gripping tale that makes you hooked from the very start, with its simple platforming of viewing your environment and getting used to your surrounds, turning into what puzzle you need to be solving next, and not having to think too hard, keeping your immersion within the game.

A story that is around 3-4 hours long shouldn't be this good, but it is. With 100% ambient sounds following you from start to finish, only a few game devs get this right, and PlayDead has done exactly that.

This game is a must buy. Story-driven games with originality are something you shouldn't pass up. It's a highly recommended title in my book.
  83. Sep 26, 2018
    Inside é uma continuação espiritual de Limbo e consegue ser quase tão bom quanto seu "antecessor" seu fosse possivel eu daria 8,5 para Inside já que dei 9 para limbo, para mim em Inside assim como em Limbo quase tudo funciona muito bem e assim como limbo a direção de arte é linda, Inside também resolve o que eu considero o unico problema de limbo que são os puzzles muito difíceis só queInside é uma continuação espiritual de Limbo e consegue ser quase tão bom quanto seu "antecessor" seu fosse possivel eu daria 8,5 para Inside já que dei 9 para limbo, para mim em Inside assim como em Limbo quase tudo funciona muito bem e assim como limbo a direção de arte é linda, Inside também resolve o que eu considero o unico problema de limbo que são os puzzles muito difíceis só que Inside na minha visão cria um grande e unico ponto fraco que são as partes do jogo na água que não são tão boas quanta as fases terrestres. No geral Inside assim como Limbo é um ótimo jogo 2D de Puzzle que funciona melhor que seu "antecessor" em alguns aspectos mas em outros é um pouco inferior. Expand
  84. Apr 21, 2019
    If this game has peeked your interest, go play LIMBO. I downloaded INSIDE on sale because I enjoyed LIMBO and because it was very hyped. There was one standout moment of brilliance, and I did complete the game. By the end, though, I felt like it was one step below LIMBO in several ways when it should have been an improvement by PLAYDEAD. The puzzles seemed easier and more compact, deathsIf this game has peeked your interest, go play LIMBO. I downloaded INSIDE on sale because I enjoyed LIMBO and because it was very hyped. There was one standout moment of brilliance, and I did complete the game. By the end, though, I felt like it was one step below LIMBO in several ways when it should have been an improvement by PLAYDEAD. The puzzles seemed easier and more compact, deaths slower or more obvious, what was happening made less sense, and there was less continuity in gameplay. In at least two points, I was respawned after failing to a location that gave away what I needed to do. For a game rated for a mature audience, a little more sophistication and challenge would have been welcome.
    This is a slow-paced, linear, puzzle-platformer with a unique but simple art style with maybe a handful of interesting ideas. I did enjoy INSIDE, but it's not fantastic, and I honestly felt like I was just walking forward during more than half of this 5-hour journey.

1. Feb 14, 2017
    By entering the world of Inside, you'll forget your own world and everything that's been going on in it. From beautiful art design to engaging gameplay, thrilling atmosphere to marvelous story, everything about this game is truly exceptional. Do not miss it.
  2. Sep 12, 2016
    Inside shows that Playdead has a knack for the short but powerful puzzle-platformer. The puzzles are logical and challenging, while the story is told well without a reliance on the usual things like dialogue and cut scenes. The balance between both creates a game that has a ton of memorable moments, and the flow is smooth enough that you're compelled to keep playing until you reach the thought-provoking ending. With a presentation that adds greatly to the narrative, Inside is well worth your time.
  3. Games Master UK