New Line Cinema | Release Date: September 23, 2022
4.1
Mixed or average reviews based on 132 Ratings
Watch Now
leohkneeSep 25, 2022
This movie could have been something intriguing at the least but instead it opts for a generic, by-the-book style that does not feel like something the director is connected to in any way. Instead, it feels like she just did what she isThis movie could have been something intriguing at the least but instead it opts for a generic, by-the-book style that does not feel like something the director is connected to in any way. Instead, it feels like she just did what she is "supposed" to do in these psychological movies, which comes off as annoyingly forced, leaving me bored and uninterested by what should be an interesting premise. Some of the dialogue was very difficult to sit through and it felt entirely too long. A lot of the scenes felt unnecessary and irritating (just get to the point already, we all saw the twist coming from a mile away). Speaking of the twist, it didn't feel "earned" at all in a way, it just got a sigh from me. I can't really say it is a bad movie per se though, Pugh carried this movie but she is basically doing what she did in Midsommar again so it's nothing we haven't seen before. Styles was not as awful as people were making out but I was not blown away by any means. Overall it was an average movie that I wouldn't recommend checking out, just watch a review of it if you are interested. Expand
desa4Sep 23, 2022
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Somewhat spoilers: Don’t Worry Darling had so much potential and still somehow fell flat, but it kept me thoroughly engaged throughout the film. I will start with the positives. Florence Pugh was absolutely amazing in this film. She really shined. The movie kept my roommate and I intrigued the entire time. I wanted to know what was going to happen and it was enjoyable to some extent. The world-building was phenomenal, it was an interesting concept. Now onto my critiques, the revelation of the film was utterly disappointing. This ending could have been mind-blowing, it was setting it up to be mind-blowing, but in the end, it wasn’t. I could have thought of that ending off the top of my head. The big plot twist was predictable. This movie left me with many unanswered questions. When my roommate and I talked about the movie afterward we realized that the movie has many plot holes. Many things don’t make sense once you realize what actually happened. What happens to Harry Styles’ character also doesn’t make sense when you break it down. The movie ends on a weird note. It feels like it ends abruptly and should have kept going. When you think about what happens after it seems the movie just ends and doesn’t deal with the problems that would have occurred if the movie kept going. Another issue I had is that Chris Pine was so underutilized that it is frustrating. His character could have been menacing, terrifying even. We could have felt enraged for Alice, and it just doesn’t go there. I wanted to feel more throughout watching this movie, but it felt like the movie wasn’t willing to go that far. I wanted Chris Pine to be more central in this movie. Sometimes a mysterious villain works, but it does not work for this movie. Don’t Worry Darling had the potential to be amazing, but it wasn’t. Which is frustrating. The more I think about this movie the more upset I feel. If you want to watch this movie, I recommend not thinking too deeply about it afterward. Expand
bertobellamySep 23, 2022
Can confirm that this didn't live up to the hype. The message is obvious, but the metaphors are empty. Also, Harry Styles is miscast; his scenes with Florence Pugh are annoying, but she's fine. The photography is pretty, but everything elseCan confirm that this didn't live up to the hype. The message is obvious, but the metaphors are empty. Also, Harry Styles is miscast; his scenes with Florence Pugh are annoying, but she's fine. The photography is pretty, but everything else feels hollow. And it goes on forever. Hope Olivia Wilde recovers from this quickly, because she has talent. Expand
JLuis_001Sep 30, 2022
There are things to comment on about this film after finishing it that I think will prove more interesting than the film itself, mostly because I felt that the revelation of its plot twist seemed to set up something more sinister and yet itThere are things to comment on about this film after finishing it that I think will prove more interesting than the film itself, mostly because I felt that the revelation of its plot twist seemed to set up something more sinister and yet it turned out to be something that to some extent made me feel ripped off.

It's a shame for Olivia Wilde, but she has clearly demonstrated her lack of experience as a filmmaker by focusing more on making a movie that looks good but doesn't quite engage the viewer in terms of storytelling.

I'm also not sure if she chose Harry Styles because he's her boyfriend and if so, I won't judge her for it, but I think without trying too hard to find more problems, he's one of the weakest links in this story.
Florence Pugh effortlessly wipes him off the screen in every scene they share.

Don't Worry Darling won't be a film that I can categorize as a disposable piece , but I also think it's one that will be lacking in importance whether you see it or not.
AJ_13Sep 27, 2022
THE GOOD: Don't Worry Darling knocks it out of the park in nearly all technical aspects, in particular Olivia Wilde's directing and the gorgeus cinematography. Florence Pugh gives the best performance of her career.

THE BAD: I'm not a person

THE BAD: I'm not a person that needs to understand everything going on in a film (especilly if it's a psychological thriller), but there way too many unexplainable events in DWD. Also, the final twist is pointless for the plot and loses sight of the message that the film originally was going for.
royalguy07Sep 27, 2022
I would say its very much entertaining for the first 2/3rds of it, Pugh and Pine were putting in solid work as usual. The last act explains nothing and gives nothing.
Compi24Sep 27, 2022
Olivia Wilde's sophomore effort doesn't quite stick the landing from a storytelling standpoint, but I suppose there's at least enough to latch on to in terms of her progression as a filmmaker here. The staging, cinematography, costuming, evenOlivia Wilde's sophomore effort doesn't quite stick the landing from a storytelling standpoint, but I suppose there's at least enough to latch on to in terms of her progression as a filmmaker here. The staging, cinematography, costuming, even the performances are a bit more sophisticated this time around. This looks, feels and sometimes walks and talks like a good movie. All of that aesthetic momentum, however, ultimately hinges on a third act reveal that doesn't add much to anything in the end. You can already kind of see the substance of this twist coming and by the time it does, the nuts and bolts of it don't really add up. In looking at the rest of the film from the standpoint of this twist, not only do the logistics not line up, but there are actually even more questions brought about in the audience's collective mind as a result of it. Again, I like a lot of the surface level stuff in play here, with Florence Pugh and Chris Pine bringing particularly fantastic turns to their respective roles. I just don't think this ending was developed nearly enough. Expand
summer_lveSep 25, 2022
this movie is probably one of the first movies that has made me sit in silence on the way home, and just rethink it over and over. “Don’t Worry Darling” is an absolute mind twister and is one of the best movies i’ve seen in months. If you arethis movie is probably one of the first movies that has made me sit in silence on the way home, and just rethink it over and over. “Don’t Worry Darling” is an absolute mind twister and is one of the best movies i’ve seen in months. If you are contemplating watching this movie..go watch it. “Don’t Worry Darling” deserves so much recognition and awards for its amazing story line and actors, you can see that everything was put into it and I will DEFINITELY be watching again. Expand
LaraganozaSep 26, 2022
This is really not a bad movie, however the drama around its production and jealousy around Olivia Wilde dating Harry Styles created negative press. Harry styles wasn’t even that bad.
thehairyscreameOct 3, 2022
this feels like if someone tried to copy a jordan peele movie and didn't know that you need to make a good unique concept or a unique twist on a good concept, good acting, good writing, and a decent enough screenplay to make a movie good