New Line Cinema | Release Date: September 23, 2022
4.1
Mixed or average reviews based on 132 Ratings
Watch Now
AndysamSep 23, 2022
There are 4 things to mainly praise about Don't Worry Darling, its cast, its cinematography and music and its story.

Florence Pugh is incredible as Alice, the main character, a role that requires very similar acting skills to her breakthrough role in Midsommar, she definitely carries the movie on her shoulders. At the same time Harry Styles does a great job as her co-star, it isn't difficult to understand why some consider him the biggest heartthrob of our times, but it's also a great step for him as an actor because Jack, Alice's husband, is a complicated character that requires acting skills that maybe wouldn't be expected of someone on his second ever acting gig. The rest of the actors are all in their place too, and do an excellent job, but their characters are small, making it a film centered mostly on the main couple.

The cinematography of the movie is gorgeous, the colours and the scenography deliver the utopic 50s town making us want to be there too, as well as the music; speaking of the music there's a melody that works both as a lullaby and an alert, written by Styles himself, that accompanies us through the movie, despite being a good melody and doing its job working both in a soothing and a disturbing manner it's sometimes a bit understated, especially when is just hummed by Alice.

The story though goes in crescendo, it starts with a couple living an utopic life in an utopic town and it ends with that image breaking like the mirage it really was. It contains probably the best plot twist of the year.

On the flip side, it turns out obvious that this is the screenwriter's first attempt at a movie that contains social topics that can be difficult to get if you don't have previous knowledge of them, and it makes you wish for a more in depth explanation of the thing that's hiding behind the utopia.

Overall it's a beautiful movie that, despite the seriousness of its topics, doesn't take itself too seriously and should be enjoyable for all those who watch it with an open mind. Good directing work by Olivia Wilde who keeps proving to be one of the new directors to keep an eye on.
notacritictbhSep 23, 2022
a fun movie to watch. it’s very visually pleasing with great cinematography, production design, costumes and also good score and soundtrack. however, the lack of structure in the script is a spoil to the film.
BradMorganSep 30, 2022
An entertaining psychological thriller where the unknown of the plot manages to hold the viewer's attention. A beautiful stylistic world has also been created that literally makes you feel distance from reality. Despite all the criticisms,An entertaining psychological thriller where the unknown of the plot manages to hold the viewer's attention. A beautiful stylistic world has also been created that literally makes you feel distance from reality. Despite all the criticisms, this one is highly recommended. Expand
l_funny_man_lSep 30, 2022
A bit predictable, but an enjoyable and good watch. I enjoy the foreshadowing of events at the beginning with the quick cuts while also not spoiling anything. Not the biggest fan of Harry Styles and his acting, it looks like he's kinda justA bit predictable, but an enjoyable and good watch. I enjoy the foreshadowing of events at the beginning with the quick cuts while also not spoiling anything. Not the biggest fan of Harry Styles and his acting, it looks like he's kinda just standing there along with his accent that comes and goes throughout the entire movie. The only scene I thought he did well was when he was crying and I think that's all that needs to be said. Florence on the other hand did an amazing job throughout the entire movie, it's enjoyable seeing her on screen in the movie and you feel for her. I give it a 7/10 morbs however, also leaning towards a 6.5/10 too just cause of Harry Styles. And those who are mad about the ending, are upset because it wasn't Harry Styles **** Florence to the beat of Watermelon Sugar. Expand
AlicescSep 23, 2022
Very entertaining and beautiful movie, loved the cinematography and score the most
tyler_Sep 23, 2022
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really liked the movie. Of course, there are problems throughout the script but nothing as bad as I thought it would be. I honestly don't understand the critics. It's not a great movie but it's not a bad movie either. Expand
sproutpodSep 24, 2022
I loved this movie. It was very well acted, kept me gripped throughout. Ultimately, it left me confused, but that's not unusual.
danpitxSep 23, 2022
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The core narrative of this movie could have been boorishly uninteresting, if it weren't for its genre-fluid nature and keen performances of its wonderful cast. Instead, Don't Worry Darling becomes an intriguing, deeply nuanced exercise, taking great advantage of its lavish photography and tremendous (sometimes even disturbing - in a good way) soundtrack and sound design; a production that allows it to unfold eerily to a well thought out twist - the kind that serves the whole movie, and not just a surprising finale. Expand
NectarSaurusSep 23, 2022
This movie has landed itself in the middle of the culture war and the ratings and coverage it is receiving are effected by that massively. I think it is going to age like a fine wine. It has a great message; it says it well.

The direction,

The direction, the acting, and the cinematography were superb. The writing was so close to superb, not quite there, but still it was great and deserves none of the scorn it's getting. Even the Harry Styles hate seems ridiculous to me. I really enjoyed his performance but to each their own, I suppose. It's true, it has similarities to other films; it combines them into a delicious, wholesome smoothie of a film that is utterly relevant. Watching it felt like watching a piece of history and I assume that the subtleties of its commentary are lost on those who criticize it harshly, and the broader strokes hit them square in the jaw. Regardless, it is a delight to watch and it lands Olivia Wilde as a director to look out for.
holygodnessSep 24, 2022
This movie is so entertaining and fun to watch. Great acting(especially Florence Pugh), stunning visuals, spooky music, and great directing of Olivia Wilde.
PhoenixReveiwsSep 28, 2022
Unlike other people, I really enjoyed this movie. It kept me engaged the whole run time and had an outstanding soundtrack. Florence Pugh and Chris Pine are absolutely phenomenal in their roles, with enough plot twists and turns to surpriseUnlike other people, I really enjoyed this movie. It kept me engaged the whole run time and had an outstanding soundtrack. Florence Pugh and Chris Pine are absolutely phenomenal in their roles, with enough plot twists and turns to surprise you. The only things that knock this movie down a few pegs are Harry Styles was okay but didn't scream lead actor talent to me and the fact that one of the plot twists toward the end that explains their situation feels underdeveloped and could've used a little more explanation/screentime/depth. Expand
davemelbourne58Sep 25, 2022
Better than I thought it would be. Florence Pugh Should have been a Netflix TV series of 6-7 episodes. I wanted more backstory on the Harry/Florence.
JsismsSep 26, 2022
This movie surprised me from the first minutes I saw it, if I already know it's a movie that doesn't have much to bring but everything new it brings it does very well.
Olivia's direction is magnificent, as is the brilliant cast choice, the
Olivia's direction is magnificent, as is the brilliant cast choice, the impressive performances by Florence and Harry, something that I find curiously strange since he is not used to acting.
In conclusion, a very good movie, which for me left nothing to be desired.
KHgB88Sep 23, 2022
A good film! Cinematography, costume design, soundtrack, direction... all amazing! The performances are solid all around. The first half is a bit rushed, but kinda has to be for the story to unfold the way it does in that amount of screenA good film! Cinematography, costume design, soundtrack, direction... all amazing! The performances are solid all around. The first half is a bit rushed, but kinda has to be for the story to unfold the way it does in that amount of screen time. Olivia did say a lot of stuff had to be cut down for the final product so I would be really interested in a director's cut. Expand
HermioneDASep 23, 2022
This movie deserves a couple of watches, and deserves the right kind of audience. Personally, I was enchanted. A splendid, haunting, airy and raw study of light, of fashion, of scenarios and costume, but more of anything, of characters andThis movie deserves a couple of watches, and deserves the right kind of audience. Personally, I was enchanted. A splendid, haunting, airy and raw study of light, of fashion, of scenarios and costume, but more of anything, of characters and motivations. Not a thriller in the way most people understand a thriller to be, but a slow immersive psychological study into the life of this couple, Jack and Alice, and their love, and the twisted and rotten aspects of their relationship that have been exploited by and for society. Thought provoking, a balm for the eye, open ended like not many movies of this kind dare to be. Offers so much for its moderate budget and its limited run time. I will be watching again, preferably at the cinema! Expand
StudentinSep 23, 2022
The movie is actually really good!
The movie is actually really good!
Florence Pugh and Harry Styles are amazing and I loved their chemistry! I was positivly surprised by Harrys acting, it felt natural and not over the top like i feared it to be. It was really good and I'd love to see him in more movies!
The topic and the twist of this movie is so good and way to realistic, which makes it soo good!

I think most of these critics only wrote what they thought the public wanted to hear. Because of the rumours of a possible drama, a female director in this genre and because people just love to hate on Harry. So I personally think people shouldn't be influenced by these critics, if you like Midsommar and Black Mirror type of movies/series then chances are high that you might enjoy this movie!
milly01Sep 28, 2022
The movie isn't bad at all, is actually GOOD, even if I got big spoiler about the plot, the moment that the big reveal happens till the end I spent it with my mouth open, so not bad at all!
I can understand why some people maybe will find the
I can understand why some people maybe will find the end "incomplete", but I genuinely think this was the right way to end the movie because after that you know what will happen, you don't need to see it.

FLORENCE PUGH the actress that you are OMG, as I watched I felt all the emotions that Alice felt.
ST242864Sep 25, 2022
Went to see this on the fist night in my country, trusting all the reviews out at the time and expecting it to be horrible. I was happily surprised that is was the total opposite. People make it sound worse than it is because of all theWent to see this on the fist night in my country, trusting all the reviews out at the time and expecting it to be horrible. I was happily surprised that is was the total opposite. People make it sound worse than it is because of all the drama, when it's actually really good. I'm not a big movie watcher but this movie might be somewhere in my top five! I'm not gonna say the movie was perfect and the best movie of all times, I definitely cringed a little at a few scenes in the movie (although I have that at many movies I watch) for what it is with a story this good and a cast this great (I mean come on Florence, Gemma & Cris just for starters) you have to really mess up big time for it to turn out really bad. When we saw this in the theatre my friend and I basically melted in our seats and became Teddy bears with how comfortable we were getting. (especially with a twisty movie like this we subconsciously wanted to get as comfortable as possible.) We were on the edge of our seat (figuratively) a few times during this movie and when the movie ended had to stay seated for a while just to process what the h3ll just happened. Bottom line don't pay to much attention to the reviews cuz of all the drama/press around this movie and actually watch and decide for yourself. If my friends and I didn't than we wouldn't know how great we think this movie is! Expand
Truth9834Sep 25, 2022
I think the publicity hurt this movie. Harry Styles did a fine job. Olivia Wilde also did a good job acting. Chris Pine did his part. Florence Pugh had a difficult time as the material (script) was way below her potential. The movie wasI think the publicity hurt this movie. Harry Styles did a fine job. Olivia Wilde also did a good job acting. Chris Pine did his part. Florence Pugh had a difficult time as the material (script) was way below her potential. The movie was interesting. I liked it. I give it a 10 for effort and that it had a nice twist less one point for the script being at times a little weak. Expand
MoviePojkeSep 25, 2022
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I had an inkling that this was a modern take on “The Stepford Wives” it didn’t disappoint in that regard and didn’t in any other way!!! The 1950’s idealism of the perfect house, the perfect wife, and the perfekt life; or was it all a dream.....
The answer is a unequivocal yes yes yes!!!! The ending is an homage to cultism, the Matrix, and the revenge of the Stepford Wives too. The ending of this Merry-Go-Round of struggling perfection and the strifes of living in that perfection come to a surprise ending; in which you will not be disappointed.
LoverBoy36Sep 24, 2022
I loved this movie. Acting, directing everything is so well done. Also the cinematography of this movie is phenomenal.
ElTamagochiin3DSep 25, 2022
Very entertaining and intriguing. Good narrative pace. Two hours that flew by. Very good photography. Florence Pugh has never been better. The ending is too rushed, and that's why I don't give it a 10. There's a need for more proposals like this one.
nutpnutpSep 24, 2022
damn, this movie is criminally underrated! everything was perfect. Harry was right. this movie really felt like a movie.
erodaplacesSep 23, 2022
filme surpreendente e com boas atuações, uma pena que tudo em volta dele tenha virado um circo midiático.
Maxi23Sep 26, 2022
Dont Worry Darling complies with being a great movie, the aesthetics and the settings are simply beautiful along with a plot that leaves you thinking, which is why olivia wilde shines in this movie as a director. By the way, Florence andDont Worry Darling complies with being a great movie, the aesthetics and the settings are simply beautiful along with a plot that leaves you thinking, which is why olivia wilde shines in this movie as a director. By the way, Florence and Harry shine as actors, although from the outset we knew that she was not going to disappoint us. Expand
KbeauSep 30, 2022
Just got back from seeing Don’t Worry Darling for the second time and it definitely rewards a second viewing. This is a stylish film with a complex message on modern feminist and toxic masculinity. I truly do not understand the negativeJust got back from seeing Don’t Worry Darling for the second time and it definitely rewards a second viewing. This is a stylish film with a complex message on modern feminist and toxic masculinity. I truly do not understand the negative reviews calling this an “empty” or “shallow” telling of “well worn feminist tropes.” These reviews say more about the viewership than the movie. Expand
hscheppOct 3, 2022
I thought this was a good film. The directing was great. The characters were interesting enough. Addressing some negative reviews, there’s only so much you can do with a mediocre actor like Harry Styles, and even then I didn’t really cringeI thought this was a good film. The directing was great. The characters were interesting enough. Addressing some negative reviews, there’s only so much you can do with a mediocre actor like Harry Styles, and even then I didn’t really cringe throughout his performance. I believed his character. Florence Pugh was phenomenal. Yes the overall theme has been done countless times in film, television, literature… But I don’t think that should make for a film to be called bad. It is simply a classic theme and an important one that deserves to be retold forever, and this film does a visually stunning job. Expand