Paramount Pictures | Release Date: July 28, 1989
8.1
Universal acclaim based on 77 Ratings
Watch Now
Risible94Dec 15, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This Jason flick is more stylish & comedic than the other entries in the series. It isn't an infallible horror movie because all of the Friday movies have inconsistencies. Despite these drawbacks this entry is my second favorite of the series. I enjoyed the cinematography, the inventive demises and the end scenes in New York. The time elapsed in New York is brief but the scenes were well shot, and it was an exciting location for the movie to wrap up in. This Jason is a fun outing for horror fans. My fave flick with Jason is Freddy Versus Jason B+. Expand
kyle20ellisApr 13, 2020
This review contains spoilers. This Jason flick is more stylish & comedic than the other entries in the series. It isn't an infallible horror movie because all of the Friday movies have inconsistencies. Despite these drawbacks this entry isThis review contains spoilers. This Jason flick is more stylish & comedic than the other entries in the series. It isn't an infallible horror movie because all of the Friday movies have inconsistencies. Despite these drawbacks this entry is my second favorite of the series. I enjoyed the cinematography, the inventive demises and the end scenes in New York. The time elapsed in New York is brief but the scenes were well shot, and it was an exciting location for the movie to wrap up in. This Jason is a fun outing for horror fans. My fave flick with Jason is Freddy Versus Jason B+. Expand
robertoiglesiasDec 26, 2018
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The title for the film is called Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan. The runtime is 100 minutes. However, only the last 15 minutes of this film are in Manhattan. 49 out of 100 minutes are on the SS Lazurus. I hate the makeup for Jason in this film. The makeup in the 7th film was good, with all the past injuries and it was scary. This however was disgustingly stupid and dumb. I also don't like the kid Jason hallucinations, and Jason teleporting isn't a smart writing choice. But you know what? I like this film.
It has interesting characters like, Rennie, Sean, JJ, etc, it has some good kills, obviously Julius getting his head punched off was awesome, and even though it takes a long time to get to NYC, the part on the boat is quite fun.
This is not my favorite but I still think it's decent. RIP JJ.
imthenoobOct 23, 2018
Yeah, this is a pretty awful movie, Definitely one of the worst in the series despite the enjoyable kills throughout.
GhostfaceVDNov 3, 2019
Easily the worst of the franchise. It's pretty boring, the kills are lame, the effects don't look scary, also jason can actually teleport???? It's a very slow and forgettable movie with 0 scares.