• Network: Netflix
  • Series Premiere Date: Mar 20, 2020
7.5

1. Mar 31, 2020
    What a compelling and fantastic series. Each episode is fascinating and well told. Highly recommended to anyone.
  2. Mar 23, 2020
    Tiger King may be the greatest documentary of all time. Every day during this coronvirus quarantine my wife and I are keeping time by tracking how many hours to go until our kid goes to sleep and we can watch Tiger King. All I can say to describe the Tiger King experience is this: you will watch episode 1 and think "this is the craziest thing I have ever seen, 10 out of 10 craziness. itTiger King may be the greatest documentary of all time. Every day during this coronvirus quarantine my wife and I are keeping time by tracking how many hours to go until our kid goes to sleep and we can watch Tiger King. All I can say to describe the Tiger King experience is this: you will watch episode 1 and think "this is the craziest thing I have ever seen, 10 out of 10 craziness. it cant get any crazier than this." By the time you get to episode 3 you will realize that what you thought was 10 out of 10 in craziness was really just 4 out of 10 and now **** is really crazy. Also, lots of very awesome and cool big cats. Expand
  3. Mar 30, 2020
    Tiger King is a solid documentary all the way around. It shines because of the content, Joe Exotic and supporting cast are fascinating and make for compelling viewing. From a documentary perspective, it's padded in the middle with ancillary content. Is this a doc about the big cat trade? Is it a doc about modern cult of personality polygamy? Is it a doc about how America needs a strongerTiger King is a solid documentary all the way around. It shines because of the content, Joe Exotic and supporting cast are fascinating and make for compelling viewing. From a documentary perspective, it's padded in the middle with ancillary content. Is this a doc about the big cat trade? Is it a doc about modern cult of personality polygamy? Is it a doc about how America needs a stronger social safety net so some of these people aren't driven to crime? Ultimately it's a doc about Joe Exotic being prosecuted for attempted murder and awful treatment of big cats, which should be told much quicker, but instead we get a meandering reality show about some of the worst people America has to offer. As a side note: All the criminal aspects of the big cat world are exactly the same criminal aspects of congress and political leadership in america, but we go after the low hanging fruit because they big guys pay better. Expand
  4. Mar 30, 2020
    What?!?!? how does this show have a 6.4 average... this is THE craziest thing I’ve ever seen.
  5. Apr 1, 2020
    It is an absolute train wreck that you just cant stop watching. Horrible people doing horrible things. Each episode unpeeled a new layer keeping me hooked. A real must see.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 13 Critic Reviews

1. Reviewed by: Robert Levin
    Apr 3, 2020
    A compelling series in fits and starts that doesn't amount to much more than a trip through an extremely strange world filled with extremely strange people.
  2. Reviewed by: Rachel Syme
    Apr 1, 2020
    What unfolds from this years-long scrimmage is too delicious to give away, but it involves a cast of colorful oddballs living on the fringes of society. ... “Tiger King” exposes the furry underbelly of a big-cat community I’d never known about, in which the lines between loving wild animals and exploiting them are never quite clear. In the end, I felt queasy at what I had seen, but the time sure had flown.
  3. Reviewed by: Bruce Miller
    Apr 1, 2020
    The Netflix documentary is so horrifically addicting you’ll be like a cat at feeding time. Never mind some of the seven-part series’ editing or focus. The production pulls you in because the characters are so unabashedly brazen. They don’t just talk about their hatred. They openly demonstrate it, helping you understand a layer of society you never knew existed.