- Summary: The re-mastered version includes all of Out Run’s original content alongside two new songs, and runs at 60 frames per second which is twice the speed of the original game. 3D Out Run also features a built in Stage Select option that allows players to save and resume progress mid-game, hasThe re-mastered version includes all of Out Run’s original content alongside two new songs, and runs at 60 frames per second which is twice the speed of the original game. 3D Out Run also features a built in Stage Select option that allows players to save and resume progress mid-game, has adjustable difficulty settings, and includes unlockable car customization options that allow you to equip parts to improve your car. Additionally, players are able to choose from a number of real-life arcade cabinets wherein everything from the appearance to the environmental sounds of the specific cabinet.… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
3D Out Run - Nintendo Classics Trailer
NF MagazineSep 30, 2015Was it worth the wait? Thanks to the developers' dedication and tireless efforts: absolutely. [Issue #16 – July/August 2015, p.30]
Apr 12, 2015Bringing Out Run to the 3DS under the name of 3D Out Run is an excellent way to get this Sega classic back into the stream. Keeping the same spirit as the 1980s racing hit, 3D Out Run is a perfect conversion to the handheld format and all that made the original game a cult classic is on its place.
Positive: 5 out of 5
Mixed: 0 out of 5
Negative: 0 out of 5
Apr 22, 2015This is the best version of this majorly iconic game in the history of gaming, arcades, racers and SEGA, and a s well as a must have for allThis is the best version of this majorly iconic game in the history of gaming, arcades, racers and SEGA, and a s well as a must have for all 3DS users who enjoy playing games in 3D.
Many options and extras including new songs, car customization and the ability to simulate the different arcade cabinets (including the physical sounds they make!).
This is such a great fan service and an impressive job!… Expand
Mar 18, 2015Every oldschool arcade gamer have been waiting for this release. With the Sega Saturn having the honor of having the best home console port,Every oldschool arcade gamer have been waiting for this release. With the Sega Saturn having the honor of having the best home console port, the 3DS has now the best version on the handheld.
So, what makes this port so special? Here are a few points, ranking from graphics to sound, and not to forget: Playabillity.
- Framerate has been improved upon. The arcade game ran 30 frames per second, the 3DS version 60, making for a extremely smooth oldschool arcade racer.
- 2 new songs that where played by the hardware of the game. So the sounds are from the 80's hardware, but the compositions are composed also with that feel of the 80's in mind. They fit the game very well.
- Unlockable extras. They are: 4 tuning parts. With one that improves steering, speed, less speed penalty when you collide with traffic and road furniture, higher top speed, and no speed loss when driving off the road. Also a Arcade mode is unlockable, where the game runs 30 frames per second, with it's own highscore table.
- 3D effect looks cool, especially in tunnels and between those high rock wall this gives the speedy feel of the game a positive boost.
- All buttons can be re assigned. I prefer A to be Acceleration, B for Brake, and R for gear swap. You can also go for a different way of gear use: Hold down the button for low gear, and release for high gear. This is most usefull for the gamers who knows how to do that gear shift trick to keep speed if you get off the road without using that unlockable option. Also you can stear the car with the thumb stick or the D pad, witch you don't need to select, both of them work stright away.
- Lots of dificulty settings. Just like with the Sega Saturn version, you can give yourself more or less time, and choose to have a lot of traffic, or even a empty road! So for every play level, there's a skill level, everyone can at least finish the race, no matter how good or bad you where in the past.
So all those positive points, and i did not even came to the best part. I think they did a brilliant job on the controlls. With the D pad i am a little more comfortable than the thumbs stick because before this release, i played Out Run a lot on the GameBoy Advance on Sega Arcade Gallery. So i was used to the sensetivity from a D pad, but in this new version, the D pad even feels more smooth than on that older version.
There is only one thing that i feel is a shame, and that is that because this is not a big release, they did not go for the Ferrari licence, so the car is a red fictional car. At first, i thought this would remove that oldschool feel i have with the game, but play for a few minutes, and you don't even notice this anymore, mostly because they still did a great job of animating the movement, crash sequence, and somehow it still looks a bit like a Ferrari car, be it without the iconic stripes on the door/side pannel.
So there you have it, and all this for just a small fee. This is not just a game that has been emulated, it has been re programmed, and done superbly! All fans rejoice, Out Run is back!… Expand
Mar 28, 2015I cant write a better Review than MusicManiac1965, so I just say it is worth every Dollar / Euro whatever. All the SEGA 3D Ports are excellentI cant write a better Review than MusicManiac1965, so I just say it is worth every Dollar / Euro whatever. All the SEGA 3D Ports are excellent and they are getting better with every new Release. So, if you are on the Fence and like Outrun / 2D Racing Games, this one is a no brainer.… Expand
Mar 20, 2019Great, I was playing crazily then my laptop just shut down, now I have to play Run 3 game from the beginning, Run3unblocked.io had better letGreat, I was playing crazily then my laptop just shut down, now I have to play Run 3 game from the beginning, Run3unblocked.io had better let users save their progress.… Expand
Apr 24, 2015Out Run is a classic game that just about everyone should know. For me though, it was surpassed by its sequel so it is a shame that is notOut Run is a classic game that just about everyone should know. For me though, it was surpassed by its sequel so it is a shame that is not available on 3DS. However this version of the original arcade game has been made with so much love for the source it is hard not to be impressed.
The widely-touted 60fps certainly makes for a smooth experience, and should help persuade some naysayers that the higher framerate is quite important to the experience. You can unlock a 30fps arcade mode that more accurately emulates the original machine, for purists out there who want to play the game as it originally existed.
The 3D effect (I had to turn it down to about 3 quarters for comfort) is, like in Sonic The Hedgehog, very well realised and more so than Sonic this game was made for it - any into-the-screen racing game surely will benefit from the real sense of depth seen here.
The music, legendary as it is, is probably the most important part of the game and all three original tracks are here. There are also 2 new songs created to fit in with the originals. I haven't spent enough time with them (against 30 years with the originals!) to really get a feel for them, but initially impressions are that they are very good and welcome additions to the track list.
You can unlock upgrades to your car to make the car handle better, or otherwise change the game mechanics. These are switchable once unlocked. Different combinations change the colour of your car, which is a nice touch.
Arcade cabinet emulation is added, including the option to have the screen move side to side as it did in the original machines. I found this disorienting but better with the 3D turned off, but won't be using it. Still it is a nice addition and makes the package complete.
If you haven't experienced Out Run this is a great place to begin. Unlike home console ports of the time, which were naturally lacking thanks to less powerful hardware, this game is a perfect recreation of the actual arcade game.
The only way to improve this would be to create a similar remake of Out Run 2.… Expand