Super Mario 64

Nintendo 64
9.2

1. May 29, 2019
    THIS GAME AGED BAD nothing to add.

JAJAJA y lo más gracioso es que su único remake también ya envejeció graficamente xD Nintendo DS era increíblemente inferior para correr gráficos 3D, debieron esperarse hasta el Nintendo Switch por lo menos. Los muy tontos de Nintendo impiden también los remakes hechos por fans, que pena . Lamento decirles que Mario 64 envejeció mal visualmente y
    THIS GAME AGED BAD nothing to add.

Lamento decirles que Mario 64 envejeció mal visualmente y jugablemente con su cámara tan incómoda, yo no lo recomendaría jugar para el día de hoy, en lugar de eso les recomiendo jugar los clásicos de NES y Super NES.
  2. Dec 9, 2014
    What happened to Mario? This game does not reflect the greatness of its predecessors, such as Mario golf on the play station 1, and Tetris. Like many games in recent times it suffers from a big problem, there is way too much water. The only thing this game has going for it is its deep storyline involving the girl from last of dust, and pokemon diamond. That is why Mario dream cast gets aWhat happened to Mario? This game does not reflect the greatness of its predecessors, such as Mario golf on the play station 1, and Tetris. Like many games in recent times it suffers from a big problem, there is way too much water. The only thing this game has going for it is its deep storyline involving the girl from last of dust, and pokemon diamond. That is why Mario dream cast gets a solid 10/10. Expand
  3. Feb 16, 2012
    The model quality is just plain horrible with some ps1 games looking better. It has clunky controls and a bad camera also it makes a really annoying sound when you move the camera. Most of the stars are tedious to get and they reuse the worlds(2 ice worlds for gods sake). If you want a good 3d platformer on the n64, go play banjo kazooie.
  4. Sep 17, 2012
    sorry to say, but I loved Mario on NES and SNES, but this was an insult to the Mario series. Collecting stars? No thanks. I much rather the platforming get to the end of the level style.
  5. Jun 26, 2012
    I'm sure we've all heard about Super Mario 64, one of the world's first 3D Platformers. The story is the usual unoriginal Mario storyline. Bowser has kidnapped Peach so go rescue her. The gameplay involves collecting items called Power Stars across 15 levels by completing different tasks. However, it is brought down by bad controls and a terrible camera which make the game more difficultI'm sure we've all heard about Super Mario 64, one of the world's first 3D Platformers. The story is the usual unoriginal Mario storyline. Bowser has kidnapped Peach so go rescue her. The gameplay involves collecting items called Power Stars across 15 levels by completing different tasks. However, it is brought down by bad controls and a terrible camera which make the game more difficult than it should be. The graphics are smooth and there is a decent amount of variety in level design. The music is mostly your generic happy platforming music although Bowser's Road and Dire Dire Docks are exceptions to this. Super Mario 64 suffers from some of the worst voice acting I have ever heard in my life. The worst part? The worst voice acting in the whole game is the first thing you hear when starting the game.

Overall, while Super Mario 64 was innovative and mindblowing when it was released in May 1996, it aged very quickly and time has not been kind to it at all, making what was once amazing back then, a bad game now.
  6. May 19, 2015
    over rated there were much better games out on n64 such as turok and that star wars game and mariokart 64 , this game in my memory being 32 now was not very good for the time and that was back in 96 my friend,

sega Saturn was better then this piece of crap
  7. Jul 9, 2014
    This game basically sucked. Classics are not always good. The graphics were horrible Crash Bandicoot had way better gameplay and graphics. Bosses were lame and repetitive. For the DS was better because the original is not the best. Bowser looked like an oversized stuffed animals. The gameplay overall was boring got bored after collecting a couple stars. The one thing I liked was some ofThis game basically sucked. Classics are not always good. The graphics were horrible Crash Bandicoot had way better gameplay and graphics. Bosses were lame and repetitive. For the DS was better because the original is not the best. Bowser looked like an oversized stuffed animals. The gameplay overall was boring got bored after collecting a couple stars. The one thing I liked was some of the level designs. Although many PS1 games looked way better such as Spyro the Dragon or Crash Bandicoot Expand
  8. Jun 24, 2017
    Não tenho oque falar, esse jogo é horrivel, chato , repetitivo e cansativo.
    Agora o mario tem um mapa para se explorar oque não faz sentido em um jogo de plataforma, ja que isso so faz com que nos perdemos tempo de ir para uma fase andando por um mapa que praticamente não serve para nada.
    Não tenho oque falar, esse jogo é horrivel, chato , repetitivo e cansativo.
    Outro problema desse jogo é o sistema de avançar nele, aqui voce precisa coletar estrelas para librar novas fases, isso vai fazer com que voce fique indo e voltando na mesma fase e fazendo missões sem sentido e chatas, alem disso pode ter estrelas escondidas em lugares, logo voce pega, volta e entra novamente, não tem sentido nenhum o modo como esse jogo avança.
    O outro problema é o chefe e sua historia, voce enfrenta o bowser varias vezes e é sempre a mesma coisa, voce gira e joga ele em bombas, me parece que os criadores não tiveram a coragem de mudar a forma como se enfrentar ele...
  9. Aug 17, 2019
    This game is VERY overrated and the bowser fights are repetitive. You cannot play as Luigi which is upsetting.All you ever do in the game is do boring fetch quests and collect 8 red coins . I suggest anybody to buy mario kart 64,mario party 1, or paper mario .Grab the power star , collect the coins, punch the enimies into lava,and all those boring fetch quest gets annoying after awhile.TheThis game is VERY overrated and the bowser fights are repetitive. You cannot play as Luigi which is upsetting.All you ever do in the game is do boring fetch quests and collect 8 red coins . I suggest anybody to buy mario kart 64,mario party 1, or paper mario .Grab the power star , collect the coins, punch the enimies into lava,and all those boring fetch quest gets annoying after awhile.The challenges are unrewarding.I am saving money to buy a copy of mario party 1 which is better than mario 64. , Expand
  10. Oct 4, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Okay, I understand this game was a revolutionary back in 1996, but this isn’t 1996, this is 2019, so the first thing I can say is that this game did NOT age well, like, at all. Controlling the game feels like riding a Big Wheel. Also, the stars can be so confusing at times that I have to look up a guide. The story is the same Mario story as almost every other Mario game, which is boring. The melee moves do literally nothing since you can just jump on or dive at enemies. Also, this game is very unpolished, even for a 1996 game. But, I can say I like the music, despite the same few tracks being reheard throughout the game. In conclusion, Mario 64 might’ve been a good game at the time, but it’s really lost it’s impact and gotten slightly worse with each new Mario game being so far ahead of it and having much better controls. I do feel like the game could be done justice with a proper Switch remake, though. Expand

#1 Most Discussed N64 Game of 1996
#1 Most Shared N64 Game of 1996

1. The distribution of power stars in the levels is horrendous. I think 7 stars in one level is more than enough, don't you think? I understand that there are memory constraints, but there either could have been less stars overall, or 1 (maybe 2) more level(s). Definately a problem.
  2. It has quickly grown to become the standard by which almost all other games are measured.
  3. This is definitely a game no game collection should be without...Seriously!