- Publisher: Bandai Namco Games
- Release Date: Nov 8, 2018
- Also On: PlayStation 4, Xbox One
- Summary: 11th November 1916, a young photographer leaves Canada to join the Western Front in Europe. The same day, a German technician is told that his son is missing in action on the front… They will discover the reality of war, crossing paths, on the front, and the rear, trying to preserve their11th November 1916, a young photographer leaves Canada to join the Western Front in Europe. The same day, a German technician is told that his son is missing in action on the front… They will discover the reality of war, crossing paths, on the front, and the rear, trying to preserve their humanity for their loved ones in the face of disastrous events… If they can come back. At 11am the 11th Day of the 11th Month of year 1918, they will face the biggest decision of their lives… This is the moving story of the end of World War One. [Bandai Namco]… Expand
- Developer: Digixart Entertainment
- Genre(s): Adventure, General, 3D, Third-Person
- # of players: No Online Multiplayer
- Cheats: On GameFAQs
- More Details and Credits »
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
11-11: Memories Retold - 17 Minute Gameplay Trailer | Gamescom 2018
Positive: 6 out of 11
Mixed: 4 out of 11
Negative: 1 out of 11
Nov 26, 2018A performance masterclass, coupled with impeccable artistic direction and a gripping humanitarian narrative, 11-11: Memories Retold stands as one of the greatest anti-war games to ever grace the medium.
Nov 12, 2018Remembering those who fought, died, and lived through the First World War, 11-11: Memories Retold captures your imagination with vivid artistic presentation. Despite not being an action-packed or violent war game, it manages to pack a hefty emotional punch.
Nov 11, 2018The adventure 11 - 11: Memories Retold is little game, but it tells an emotional war drama that resonates for a long time.
Nov 9, 201811-11 Memories Retold focuses on two different fates and is more intimist than Valiant Hearts: the Great War. It takes some distance with historic reality to tell a well written and luminous tale. Maybe too luminous, though.
Nov 23, 2018Conceptually this is an interesting remembrance artwork for the first World War. The challenge level is low though and there is a lack of ruthlessness. Entertaining nonetheless.
Nov 19, 2018Fanise’s new game feels like an interesting way of remembering the Great War, but it does not take full advantage of the possibilities offered by the video game medium.
CD-ActionFeb 6, 201911-11 is neither an example of good impressionist art, nor a good war movie or a good video game. It’s unbearably pretentious and so shallow it does not reach beyond simple platitudes (“not all Germans were evil”, “global conflicts affect ordinary people too”). It’s sad that brushing against a mature subject and going for an artsy feel is enough to make many people overlook obvious flaws of a game (in this case poor gameplay, among other things) and the fact that games as a medium are light years behind movies in terms of storytelling. [01/2019, p.74]
Positive: 5 out of 11
Mixed: 4 out of 11
Negative: 2 out of 11
Dec 17, 2022Такие игры больше получается воспринимать как художественное кино.
Ведь в таких проектах очень большой упор делают на повествование и визуал,Такие игры больше получается воспринимать как художественное кино.
Ведь в таких проектах очень большой упор делают на повествование и визуал, а незамысловатый геймплей служит инструментом погружения в саму историю. 11-11: Memories Retold такой игрой и является.
Геймплей как и говорил максимально не замысловат, но он и не главное. Здесь даже можно за кошку можно поиграть и геймплей за неё уж подозрительно напоминает "Stray".
Визуал и сама история на очень хорошем уровне. Есть определённые сюжетные условности, но это не критично.
Уровень отличного военного фильма.
Mar 4, 2020Oh my god, what a game! I never would have bought this but it came in a Humble Bundle and I'm so glad it did!
The game-play isn't all thatOh my god, what a game! I never would have bought this but it came in a Humble Bundle and I'm so glad it did!
The game-play isn't all that exciting but wow, this is some serious story telling! I love it!
The graphics are a bit getting used to in the beginning but once get used to it it's actually rather beautiful. Some scenes are almost like they're painted by van Gogh and it's actually really beautiful.
Voice acting is perfect. you really hear the emotion in the voices and there's more than enough emotion in this game. I didn't expect anything else though, with class A actors doing the 2 main voices.
If there's one thing I don't really like about it, it's that the narrator for the German speaks English. Having him speak German with English subtitles would have contributed to the immersion. But that's just nitpicking. It's a wonderful game with a well thought out story in a harsh environment.
It is however, not an action game.. don't go in expecting that… Expand
Feb 14, 2019En uno de los pasajes, Harry explica su temor a preguntar cosas demasiado obvias sobre los procedimientos de la guerra. 11-11 Memories RetoldEn uno de los pasajes, Harry explica su temor a preguntar cosas demasiado obvias sobre los procedimientos de la guerra. 11-11 Memories Retold no le hace caso: casi todo el tiempo hay obviedades, sobreexplicaciones, giros predecibles o un sentimentalismo que no logra escapar a la tradición del hombre que recuerda las penurias del conflicto armado.
No obstante, también existe delicadeza y sinceridad en la búsqueda de una narrativa que salga a flote. De a poco, lo consigue. De las fotografías se pasa al horror de la guerra química, del estereotipo del comandante galán se desprenden esos grises nacidos del matar o morir. Y lo bueno es que no hay brusquedad, sino una escala como las que recorre una persona que está aprendiendo a tocar el piano. El mismo piano que surge a medida que avanzan las memorias de dos enemigos tan imaginarios como reales.… Expand
Oct 26, 2021- História - 9/10 - A histórica principal não surpreende e é até um pouco previsível, mas as nuances das histórias paralelas que representam- História - 9/10 - A histórica principal não surpreende e é até um pouco previsível, mas as nuances das histórias paralelas que representam fielmente a época, deixa tudo mais realista e interessante.
- Trilha Sonora - 9/10 - A trilha do jogo é um dos seus maiores destaques, a trilha melancólica e as viradas de tema dão um toque especial.
- Gráficos - 5/10 - Os gráficos tentam não ser realistas e com um efeito de aquarela, para simular sonho/lembrança... mas achei os efeitos de blur excessivos e muitas cenas que poderiam ser marcantes, perdem todo o sentido.
- Jogabilidade - 3/10 - Os controles são terríveis, em muitas fases a câmera trava para que você não consiga sair do roteiro, deixando a jogabilidade ainda pior, mas não que ela seja importante pro jogo. Os puzzles são super básicos e com lógica bem infantil, praticamente não há ação e não fica muito longe de ser um point-and-click (aliás, se o controle fosse totalmente point-and-click o jogo seria muito melhor)
Conclusão: Compensa ser jogado! De preferência em uma sala, com som imersivo e preparado para curtir a história e ignorar os problemas de jogabilidade e os gráficos sofríveis.… Expand
Oct 25, 2021I think this is a really well-done little anti-war narrative. By using the video-game medium, it does a really good job allowing you theI think this is a really well-done little anti-war narrative. By using the video-game medium, it does a really good job allowing you the player to be emotionally invested with these two characters, Kurt and Harry, and their actions being enemies in the war. I also really enjoyed the, some-what, magical childlike wonder that the game evokes to then slowly unravel heavy, difficult, moral delima asking you the player what is more important; your country or friendship or basic humanity. It's a hard, very hard, subject to tackle and i think the game does an okay job at it.
This is good, it's short and bitter.
There are some issues, however...
it is a bit buggy. I had a few game-breaking elements that had me need to restart to progress forwards.
I think the story, whilst being quite beautiful and sad, sides a little too much with the Canadian/American instead of the German. I think this would be more gripping, powerful, if these two characters were forced into difficult situations equally. Furthermore, I also think Harry's perspective, going to war for a girl, could have been portrayed better. Maybe more introspection from the character about him going to grips with his naivety and him reflecting more on the actual horrors of these situations/death around him. We see so much of this from Kurt, and his narrative is much more emotionally gripping because of it. I think the optimism from harry is important, but could have been more grounded, realistic, and introspective to the actual circumstances/horror around him.
Either way, this is good. Worth getting for like 5 dollars.… Expand
Nov 23, 2019Good:
- The transitional effect that appears between scenes is halfway decent
- Using different colored text to convey what can and cannotGood:
- The transitional effect that appears between scenes is halfway decent
- Using different colored text to convey what can and cannot be understood by the player character is a smart way of tackling the dialect challenge
- Pretty solid twist in the third chapter
- There are a fair amount of endings to cycle through if you're intrested in seeing some different outcomes
- The camera mechanic is a neat idea for this kind of game, but quickly becomes stale once you realize they're not going to do anything intresting with it
- Stupid bugs and performance issues kept me engaged and wondering what I could break next to keep myself entertained
- The visuals look like hot diarrhea throught the entire game. What is supposed to be a unique water color style became a ineligible, blurring mess that seems to be masking half done environments and character models
- The puzzles are brain numbingly simple and an absolute chore to work through
- Half of the gameplay is just walking about until you find an item or the right person to speak to, which is difficult when games "aesthetic" makes it neig impossible to tell what you're even looking at most of the time
- The story is boring and full of cliches, the characters share the same problems
- Collectibles are integreated horribly and are hardly worth seeking after
- The bird segments are god awful and require absolutely zero input from the player; consist solely of watching it fly for about 3 minutes over **** smeared landscapes
- The story is full of baffling decisions made by the two main characters. A few examples are risk thier own life to track down a cat because they promised their daughter they could meet it, getting stuck on stage and improvising a dance, and building a hot air balloon, to name a few
- The card game they have you play multiple times throughout the story is ridiculously easy and is zero fun… Expand