7.1

1. Nov 27, 2013
    After the first episode, this game was a letdown... The whole plotline seemed less intriguing than the previous it's often confusing what I'm supposed to do (at least the built-in hints were helpful) The game also contains several racist elements with a "good" dose of white saviour complex.
  2. Jun 19, 2018
    Very solid, classic Adventure.

I like Shadow of the Templars more for its historicity and a mystical atmosphere. The Smoking Mirror has a Mayan theme at its core, but its implemented more satirically, so the mysticism and historical relevance does not come through as in the first Broken Sword. Nonetheless, very good game. Excellent dialogue and exemplary narration throughout, fun
    Very solid, classic Adventure.

Nonetheless, very good game. Excellent dialogue and exemplary narration throughout, fun situations and puzzles, which range in difficulties from easy to medium, flashed out characters, and lovable and charismatic protagonist whose company makes the hours spent in game worth every minute.

P.S. Played the Original (you get it for free as a DLC once you buy Remastered), because I was disappointed in the BS-1’s Director’s Cut. Enjoyed the original tremendously, and from what I know, BS-2: Remastered does not change the narrative and plot (as BS-1: Director’s Cut did) but introduces minor visual UI improvements and the Diary, along with a comic-strip style narration, basically. So, don't hesitate to play the Remastered.

ENJOY!
  3. Sep 9, 2016
    This is worth it for the hand-drawn animation alone. It only suffers from having some few random item combinations in order to advance in the game, just like every other Point and Click adventure, but it is an enjoyable experience overall. For experienced adventure fans this will be a piece of cake to complete. Around 6-7 hours to finish. For newcomers to the genre, this game is the idealThis is worth it for the hand-drawn animation alone. It only suffers from having some few random item combinations in order to advance in the game, just like every other Point and Click adventure, but it is an enjoyable experience overall. For experienced adventure fans this will be a piece of cake to complete. Around 6-7 hours to finish. For newcomers to the genre, this game is the ideal introduction. Expand
  4. Nov 30, 2017
    I've had completed the original Broken Sword II several years ago and my score was 7.5 out of 10. It was not a bad game by any measure but a forgettable experience. After playing Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars last year (which imho is one of the best adventures ever made), I have decided to revisit the second game with the Remastered version. As far as the remastering goes, II've had completed the original Broken Sword II several years ago and my score was 7.5 out of 10. It was not a bad game by any measure but a forgettable experience. After playing Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars last year (which imho is one of the best adventures ever made), I have decided to revisit the second game with the Remastered version. As far as the remastering goes, I think they have done a great job. This is how remasters should be, some additional touches without changing the actual game. Firstly, the game looks more beautiful, yet it is not a different game such as Monkey Island remakes. Other additions include introduction of a hint system, a story log and nicely drawn comic book squares of characters every time there is a dialogue -makes the game look and feel better and helps creating some connection with the characters-. One thing I could complain is the fact that every time you move the mouse cursor on an object, all other objects on the screen which you can interact with highlight. This can be both good and bad. It does damage the adventure aspects of the game, but at the same time the second game suffers from some idiotic pixel hunting (or try and exhaust every option) puzzles so highlighting objects feels at times welcome. By the way, I'm not sure if the highlights existed in the original game or not.

As for the game itself, it is a big step back from the first game but can still be considered fairly good. The story is not as interesting and well written as the Shadow of the Templars and dialogues are less hilarious. The graphics are very colorful and aged well. I would recommend this to Broken Sword fans who want more after finishing the first game, but it simply is not a must-play adventure game.

NOTE: The game has one of the best ending songs ever (the only other perfect example I can think of is Portal). So don't miss it!

There are no critic reviews yet.