3.0

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Nov 9, 2011
    I dare you to check the recent reviews of just about anyone on this site who rated this game poorly. Almost all of them rated battlefield 3 with 10 and MW3 0. Do you honestly think any BF3 fanboys actually purchased and played MW3? Probably not. And there are fanboys on both sides, and all of them are just as stupid and ignorant.

That being said, I'm honestly having fun with this game.

That being said, I'm honestly having fun with this game. The controls feel tighter than MW2 did, the maps have more flanking routes, the textures look better (Not nearly close to BF3 though, I might add), and the guns feel more balanced. Saying this is simply a 60$ map pack is nothing short of ignorant, because the last time I checked, map packs didn't add new perks, guns, killstreaks, and gamemodes. Though, I'm not saying this isn't VERY similar to MW2. But is that really a bad thing? Not really. It worked well in the past, and it works well now. If it ain't broke, why fix it?

Now, I'm not a CoD fanboy. I've played my share of BC2 and enjoyed it, so I picked up BF3 a few days after launch and have enjoyed it. But comparing the two games is retarded, because they're both very different. Do you ever hear people comparing halo and call of duty? No? Well, that's because it makes no sense. Just **** listen to yourselves, you're bashing a game that you haven't even played, which makes no sense. If you have played it enough to know you honestly didn't enjoy it, that's fine, as least you're not one of the ignorant fanboys. I really do like this game, but I also like battlefield 3. And I'm going to be playing both, because both are fun. In their own SEPARATE ways. (BF3 for graphics and realism, MW3 for fast-paced exciting gameplay)
  2. Nov 8, 2011
    Decent game, lots of fun with friends. Graphics need work though. But still a fun game in its own right. To each his own. Nothing wrong with a linear campaign as long as it gets the story out
  3. Nov 8, 2011
    Great game. I can say that because I actually played it. I like the new point/killstreak system. It really benefits the objective based game type player.
  4. Aug 29, 2012
    MW1-MW2-MW3, i liked all the games very much. Though MW1 is the best, others are not so bad at all. We hope the next one will be more attractive than this one.
  5. Aug 14, 2012
    Positives-The addition of new weapons, althought not very many new weapons. The addition of Survival mode. Survival mode contains new content and a new way to play. Survival mode allows you to play the way you want, choose which weapons to use, and choose how to play.
  6. Sep 26, 2012
    Singleplayer was average. The compaign was repetitive and unoriginal, Spec Ops missions were better, but nothing overly special. Survival however, is amazing. And makes up for the weakness of the rest of the singleplayer experience. And then there's multiplayer, which had it's unoriginality, but with that aside, was amazing. There's something for every FPS fan here. I see why there areSingleplayer was average. The compaign was repetitive and unoriginal, Spec Ops missions were better, but nothing overly special. Survival however, is amazing. And makes up for the weakness of the rest of the singleplayer experience. And then there's multiplayer, which had it's unoriginality, but with that aside, was amazing. There's something for every FPS fan here. I see why there are negative user reviews here, but I personally love it (Apart from the campaign and spec ops missions, which were still good) Expand
  7. Nov 15, 2011
    Graphics were absolutely incredible. Gameplay, while nearly the same as MW2, were just as enjoyable as the last one...which is NOT a bad thing at all. The Single Player Campaign was much shorter than the last installment, which was a little disappointing, but still that did not detract from the game. The single player Special Ops Missions are enjoyable even after playing them multipleGraphics were absolutely incredible. Gameplay, while nearly the same as MW2, were just as enjoyable as the last one...which is NOT a bad thing at all. The Single Player Campaign was much shorter than the last installment, which was a little disappointing, but still that did not detract from the game. The single player Special Ops Missions are enjoyable even after playing them multiple times. Excellent Game! Expand
  8. Nov 15, 2011
    Yet again I was entertained by another epic sequel of the Modern Warfare series. Eventhough the graphics were a little outdated the campaign have made up for it . I have really enjoyed the campaign, I finished it in 7 hours , the more i play this game the more i couldnt stop loving it. I know that many of you are very impressed by the new Frostbite engine that is currently being used inYet again I was entertained by another epic sequel of the Modern Warfare series. Eventhough the graphics were a little outdated the campaign have made up for it . I have really enjoyed the campaign, I finished it in 7 hours , the more i play this game the more i couldnt stop loving it. I know that many of you are very impressed by the new Frostbite engine that is currently being used in Battlefield 3 but the question is is that all that matters? the graphics?. I am also a Battlefield fan and I've enjoyed playing BF3 as much as any of you do, but I do know that those 2 games arent the same. I'm impressed by bf3's graphics but MW3's Campaign story was just how I wanted all the other games i play to end. I have tried out the Multiplayer and I do agree that it has some similarities to Mw2. I cannot give this game a 10 out of 10 as there is always room for improvement. Expand
  9. Nov 16, 2011
    The game is fun and fast-paced, but if you aren't good at the game, it won't be fun. On PC it's a whole different thing, because of the dedicated servers. If you just want to play around without having to worry about your K:D and stuff, you can go and play on dedicated servers!

Kill Confirmed was a great invention for MW3, it's extremely fast-paced and you get a lot XP each match. Definitely one of Infinity Ward's (and SHG's) good ideas! At first the game seems fun, the first 5-7 hours - then (in most cases) you feel "fed up", you start to feel annoyed and unsatisfied. But this effect will fade out after some sleep!

In general I would describe MW3 as a good candy in an old wrapper. It's like your friend played a joke on you and but your candy in an old wrapper, to make you believe it's bad and you don't want it. But after playing MW3 you realize it plays like MW2 but it's a whole different game. It even looks like MW2, but it's not.

A game definitely worth the money!
  10. Nov 15, 2011
    When it comes to graphics, MW3 is not most beautiful, but certainly balanced (runs well on PC, which fulfills minimum requirements). Music is also very nice (but not as good as in MW2). Single player campaign is short and dynamic (action movie style), which is ideal for MW-fans and players, who don't have much time. Besides, special ops mode, in which you can carry out tasks and compareWhen it comes to graphics, MW3 is not most beautiful, but certainly balanced (runs well on PC, which fulfills minimum requirements). Music is also very nice (but not as good as in MW2). Single player campaign is short and dynamic (action movie style), which is ideal for MW-fans and players, who don't have much time. Besides, special ops mode, in which you can carry out tasks and compare your score to other players, or find someone on the Internet and play co-op. Multiplayer is fine as well, despite similar system to IWNet (from MW2). Expand
  11. Aug 23, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I rate 10 because I got paid $60 to buy the game. Never played it, but I'm "sure" it's a great game. Whatever you think, you can "trust" me.. =) DON'T BUY IT.... Expand
  12. Nov 10, 2011
    I don't care what other people say about this game-"its the same" "its no different" "its just and expensive map pack"-there is a particular reason why this game has (almost) the same visuals as the previous titles, that's because this game runs at a solid 60 fps on both consoles and the PC, what is the big deal with 60 fps you say?..well 60 Frames Per Second allows smooth game play andI don't care what other people say about this game-"its the same" "its no different" "its just and expensive map pack"-there is a particular reason why this game has (almost) the same visuals as the previous titles, that's because this game runs at a solid 60 fps on both consoles and the PC, what is the big deal with 60 fps you say?..well 60 Frames Per Second allows smooth game play and better fast paced experience, and more over no other fisrt person shooter allows you to easily play with your friends and have a fun time..so what if this game looks and feels like the previous tiles..if it can achieve what other titles in the series coudn't-balanced gameplay-then its worth every penny. Expand
  13. Nov 10, 2011
    the campaign was good nothing great, multi player is where its at i really enjoy kill confirmed mode, we all heard it b4 its mw2.5 so if you enjoyed mw2 multi player you should enjoy mw3.
  14. Nov 15, 2011
    Between Battlefield and COD-MW3 , COD wins with a very small margin. The game's graphics & game play is too good for Battlefield-3. But the problem is the game is too short. And ends when u have just begun to enjoy it. Overall its fun, amazing, and with an engrossing story(Campaign).
  15. Nov 16, 2011
    I like it a lot. Especially the new survival mode is great. No big changes in the multiplayer but it's awesome to.
    The end of the story is just Epic.
  16. Nov 15, 2011
    Well, not superious-hyper-cool graphic, so what? It's looks good and don't eat all CPU resources. Plot, I agree, is not good as it can be. Especially because M1A1 is far worse tanks as T-90. And I don't believe in american bravade, as them wiping Russian forces by ground forces. SP is not my object for judge.
    MP is improved mp of mw2. Rather improved, indeed. I give 10/10, because
    MP is improved mp of mw2. Rather improved, indeed. I give 10/10, because developers rebalanced some weapons, like sub-grenade launchers, removed some cheap perks, and add some kind of RPG system. Still, I think UMP is not balanced from MW2, but other weapons power-uped, so it's not big problem.
  17. Nov 15, 2011
    It's the best. I mean if you liked MW(MW2) - you will like this. I like everything - story(well, it's not the most original one, but it's still good), Spec Ops(it's a lot of fun) and of course the engine of the game(which allows me to have beautiful graphics without change of my PC).

P.S. Sorry for my bad English.
  18. Nov 15, 2011
    I don't understand the hate towards this game. I thought it was absolutely fine, not to mention fun as ever. Sure, the graphics were pretty much the same, but honestly, I was fine with it. Don't understand why so many people are all about graphics these days. What were you looking for, CryEngine 3?

I thought the story was the best one yet. The WW3 theme was a good choice. It was awesome watching the Eiffel Tower collapse, like in G.I. Joe. Multiplayer was fine too, almost better. I liked the strike packages, they were a nice add. I really don't understand why there is such a hot debate between Battlefield 3 and MW3. I think they were both excellent games. I saw a review here by someone, who gave it a 1. Why did he give it a one? because he was angry about the countdowns in multiplayer. They were too long. SERIOUSLY? Sometimes I wonder what the gaming community is coming to these days.

Well that about wraps up my review, Overall, good job Infinity Ward. You always make great games.
  19. Nov 16, 2011
    This is my first try of a CoD game in multiplayer, and I have to say it's a lot of fun, for sure it's more fun than BF3 where usually no teamwork is being found where it's absolutely necessary, only a lot of camping and sniping going on. MW3 is fastpaced, frantic action where aim and movement is required both as well as tactical understanding. It gains a lot after enabling dedicatedThis is my first try of a CoD game in multiplayer, and I have to say it's a lot of fun, for sure it's more fun than BF3 where usually no teamwork is being found where it's absolutely necessary, only a lot of camping and sniping going on. MW3 is fastpaced, frantic action where aim and movement is required both as well as tactical understanding. It gains a lot after enabling dedicated servers and the serverbrowser, as the p2p-default setup is really crappy, which is the reason I won't give the game a 10. Contrary to what some people wrote there are actually ranked dedicated servers, the admins just need to know how to set them up. I gained levels today playing on a dedicated ranked server.
    The singleplayer mode is absolutely comparable to mw1 and mw2, for sure a hundred times better than BF3 which most of the negative fanbois here seem to be playing. And the best of all: MW3 doesn't require origin or any **** runs over steam which is installed on all pcs anyways, no spyware required.
  20. Nov 15, 2011
    I've never been a massive COD addict, but this game is great. The developers clearly spent a lot of time refining the formula, and the gameplay is smooth and rewarding. Don't listen to the naysayers - if you enjoyed COD 4 and MW2, you'll enjoy this one. I was kind of surprised at the negativity surrounding it, especially during launch. If you're totally burnt out on the series, fine! PickI've never been a massive COD addict, but this game is great. The developers clearly spent a lot of time refining the formula, and the gameplay is smooth and rewarding. Don't listen to the naysayers - if you enjoyed COD 4 and MW2, you'll enjoy this one. I was kind of surprised at the negativity surrounding it, especially during launch. If you're totally burnt out on the series, fine! Pick up another game and move on, but stop insulting the people who choose to buy it. To be honest, the single-player campaign could use some improving, but everything else in the game is just as fresh as anything you'd expect from a new game. Graphics are indeed better than those found in MW2, if only by a smidgen. Regardless, MW3 runs at a fluid 60 frames per second on my computer (with parts from 2008). To me, that's incredible! I find it hard to care about graphical innovation from one game to the next - the Modern Warfare series is still a story, not a tech demo. Worth picking up. Expand
  21. Nov 9, 2011
    Guys you made me smile with all those 0/10 ratings. I think most of the comments were written by BF3 fans ("... I'm going back to BF3..." or "When such a amazing multiplayer game like BF3 exists") or some random haters ("...But i havent played it yet..."). Seriously?!... Lets see.
    It uses the same engine as the previous episodes. Yes, the graphic getting old, BF3 and Rage is beautiful, i admit, but their optimalisation sucks. The single-player is the same as we seen before, whats the problem with that? They were fast, exciting full of EPIC moments, (and unfortunately too short, yes thats a bad point). The coop part is still fun with a new mode (in the mw series). And finally the multiplayer is still the same intensive fps experience as before(+dedicated servers returned) with many new features and some fixes what we missed from the prev episodes. I'm still smiling and don't get what your problem is:) A bit old and it isn't cheap, but still the best choice if you want some adrenalin-pumping fast action.
    So the conclusion is: Haters gonna hate. Who liked the previous MW episodes (and still don't get bored of them) will love this too.

Thanks for reading this, that was MY opinion, no offense, Have a nice day.
  22. Nov 9, 2011
    If you liked the previous two games then you will pretty much be getting a very similar title with this game as well. PC of course plays it best, but then again, the same engine is being used from the previous titles also, so it shouldn't even stress consoles, even with the ludicrous amount of explosions happening around you. Campaign is pretty much the same as it has been, but thenIf you liked the previous two games then you will pretty much be getting a very similar title with this game as well. PC of course plays it best, but then again, the same engine is being used from the previous titles also, so it shouldn't even stress consoles, even with the ludicrous amount of explosions happening around you. Campaign is pretty much the same as it has been, but then again, anyone who expected anything else is kind of looking for the wrong thing, considering this says directly on the box that it's the third installment in a series.......go figure. Sorry to those of you out there that bought this game thinking there was going to be mind blowing innovation, did you not watch videos and check screen-shots and reviews in order to find this out before you "blew your $60 on the same game." I can't honestly rate this as low as alot of the ignorant people out there. It IS polished in terms of gameplay and with patches the multiplayer will be fun. Expand
  23. Nov 15, 2011
    Le meilleur jeu auquel j'ai jamais jouer! C'est du pure delire, je ne serait pas vous dire mes mots quand je l'ai lancé pour la première fois mais en dans tout les cas une joie immense.
  24. Nov 10, 2011
    I registered on Metacritic just so I could write this review. I'm an adult gamer and not a fanboy of any franchise. First off, if you are looking to buy this game, use the professional review score and not the reviewer average as it is more accurate. This really is a great game. So far I've been blown away by the campaign which is far better than Battlefield 3. In terms ofI registered on Metacritic just so I could write this review. I'm an adult gamer and not a fanboy of any franchise. First off, if you are looking to buy this game, use the professional review score and not the reviewer average as it is more accurate. This really is a great game. So far I've been blown away by the campaign which is far better than Battlefield 3. In terms of multiplayer, I can't really judge it yet but it feels like more of the same, but that isn't really a bad thing. Expand
  25. Nov 11, 2011
    This is crazy, I can't believe all the disappointed BF3 Fan Boys that came on here to trash MW3. I heard about the incredibly unbalanced user score that MW3 has received on Metacritic from IGN, and decided to create a Metacritic account just to give an unbiased and objective review and score. And to help even out this Very low score for an obviously above average game, I mean sure MW3 isThis is crazy, I can't believe all the disappointed BF3 Fan Boys that came on here to trash MW3. I heard about the incredibly unbalanced user score that MW3 has received on Metacritic from IGN, and decided to create a Metacritic account just to give an unbiased and objective review and score. And to help even out this Very low score for an obviously above average game, I mean sure MW3 is not perfect but 3.1 out of ten is bull***t. First off I would like to state that I am not a COD Fan Boy and not a little kid, I'm a hardcore gamer that has been playing games since the early nineties. I play all manner of games on PC and PS3 and have also bought MW3's main competitor BF3. I have played about 30 hours on BF3's Multiplayer and have a 3.30 Kill/Death Ratio so am no noob when it comes to FPS. Even so I was disappointed with the overall products of both Battlefied 3 (which got boring faster than expected) and MW3. In the end I scored MW3 8 out of 10. It is very similar to MW2 but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The Singleplayer was OK, similar to the last two Modern Warfare's (overall uneventfull and boring with only some good bits) Spec Ops Missions are fun and exciting, especially if you have a friend to play them with and Spec Ops New Survival Mode is great addictive fun and a good addition to the series, I would say, and this is just my opinion that this is better than Zombies (playing with a mic is essential). Than you have Multiplayer which love it or hate it is pretty much the same as MW2 but with Strike Pakages, different killstreaks and different variations on old perks, some new guns and some new maps and game modes. Noob tubing, Nuke Killstreak and One Man Army Perk are gone but Quikscoping and Drop Shoting are still the order of the day. Also Spawn Deaths, Hit Detaction and Lag Issues can become a bit annoying. But with a half Decent Connection, a bit of skill and a touch of class you should be able to overcome these shotcomings to have one of the sweetest FPS Online Gaming experiences you can have at this time. I won't lie somtimes the multiplayer can have you screaming at the TV about the injustice of the last 5 Cheap deaths that made no sense whatsoever. But with a bit of patience even without the Elite Functions you get to know the layout of the maps, the spawn points, choke points, best class layouts for specific situations and maps. You will receive better weapons and figure out which strike package work best for you, and then your experience will start getting better. And to everyone saying COD is unbalanced that's BS, because there is a strategy and counter for everything your adversaries can throw at you. So after everything is said and done what it really comes down to is skill (and who has more of it). Overall, taken all the features packed into this one game and the weeks and possibly months of enjoyment that can be had, it's impossible for me to see how this game can receive a score below an 8 let alone a 5. If your a fan of FPS or games in general this a great addition to your game collection. Definately not MW2 DLC, and for only $50 to $100 are you that poor/cheap to complain about purchasing a great game and depriving yourself of fun just because a bunch of pathetic PC BF3 Fanboy Sheep/Followers decided to flood this site with negative reviews. It's Up To You.â Expand
  26. Nov 14, 2011
    I like COD 1-2,MW123 and i hate black ops. I don't understand why people hate this game. The COD is the SignglePlayer game!! SP in MW3 awesome. It can be better if game have new graphic or sound engine. And of course it can be better if game have more realism. . impossible to capture the Russian submarine and of course impossible redirect missiles. The Airplane fuel is in the wings....andI like COD 1-2,MW123 and i hate black ops. I don't understand why people hate this game. The COD is the SignglePlayer game!! SP in MW3 awesome. It can be better if game have new graphic or sound engine. And of course it can be better if game have more realism. . impossible to capture the Russian submarine and of course impossible redirect missiles. The Airplane fuel is in the wings....and more stupid things Expand
  27. Nov 11, 2011
    I read the reviews of users and I found many negative votes. I personally do not agree. Although many have said that the graphics are "old", I find it somewhat improved. It 'true, MW3 is fairly cut and paste from passed chapters as the primary structure but otherwise everything is much improved. The environments are very diverse, you move from NY to Africa, from London to Berlin to finishI read the reviews of users and I found many negative votes. I personally do not agree. Although many have said that the graphics are "old", I find it somewhat improved. It 'true, MW3 is fairly cut and paste from passed chapters as the primary structure but otherwise everything is much improved. The environments are very diverse, you move from NY to Africa, from London to Berlin to finish in Siberia, so do not get tired of the same landscape. The campaign many find it boring, in fact it is not boring but a little too fast and without a proper consistency. moving from one mission to another too quickly. So quickly that not even seem to connect. Personally I would have done even more epic story, as a third world war triggered could pull off any more. Instead they seem to have done that much faster to finish.

Finally, I think the negative comments are too bad about this game, it remains a Call of Duty, the structure is this: We know this before you buy.
  28. Nov 10, 2011
    i waited out side all night for this game, pre purchased too of course and needless to say..
    this game is EPIC!!!
    definitely worth the money and wait
    the new unlocks and guns are awesome, good graphics and game play
  29. Nov 11, 2011
    I have Black Ops on Xbox and MW3 on PC. The Campaign is what makes the game worth buying. The campaigns are incredible to say the least and worth about 40 dollars. The multiplayer deathmatch is a total waste of time of time and I would like to see it seperated from the game as an add on for 20 dollars. Its not fun because I see a lot of people who think others are cheating, and becauseI have Black Ops on Xbox and MW3 on PC. The Campaign is what makes the game worth buying. The campaigns are incredible to say the least and worth about 40 dollars. The multiplayer deathmatch is a total waste of time of time and I would like to see it seperated from the game as an add on for 20 dollars. Its not fun because I see a lot of people who think others are cheating, and because you die tooeasily. That being said I think a co-op would be better for this type of game; something like payday the heist with objectives. Expand
    Nov 11, 2011
    it was a real game. thanks ... every thing was goodit was a real game. thanks ... every thing was good ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... Expand
  31. Nov 15, 2011
    El juego está muy bien, no tiene nada de malo, al contrario, es impresionantemente bueno. Battlefield es bueno también, graficamente hablando. Pero creo que hay que ser objetivos, un equipo de trabajo cuando se esmera y esfuerza para entregar un producto de calidad, se nota. Y en este caso, Infinity Ward demostró que hicieron un trabajo impecable.

¿Juegos

¿Juegos malos? CLARO QUE LOS HAY!

-Breed
    -Kreed
    -The Renegade
    -Matrix Path of Neo

ESOS SON JUEGOS MALOS. Pero no este juego, que les pasa imbéciles? Ahora no piensan? no distinguen lo bueno de lo malo? Mi más grande apoyo al equipo de MWF3, Battlefield es un excelente juego, y también sería injusto que recibiera una mala calificación. Hay que ser justo en la vida, y ahora yo estoy siendo justo.

RaideR, desde Chile.
  32. Nov 16, 2011
    I got both BF3 and MW3 both are good games. I bought mw3 for the always polished multiplayer but the ending of the trilogy is what got me most excited. Finally seeing the end. I cannot wait what well hear next. I gave this a 10 because it is a good game all around. Sure the graphics arn't as good as BF3's Frostbite 2.0 but Gameplay>Graphics is a real gamers motto. BF3 was good i enjoyedI got both BF3 and MW3 both are good games. I bought mw3 for the always polished multiplayer but the ending of the trilogy is what got me most excited. Finally seeing the end. I cannot wait what well hear next. I gave this a 10 because it is a good game all around. Sure the graphics arn't as good as BF3's Frostbite 2.0 but Gameplay>Graphics is a real gamers motto. BF3 was good i enjoyed the huge difference from CoD. But overall i think MW3 wins, of course this is my opinion Expand
  33. Nov 19, 2011
    If anyone expected this game to be differant they obviously didn't realize that business is ran a certain way. MW3 is obviously a continuation - And I Love It

They continued the single player story perfectly with all the favorite characters.
    I won't say this game is perfect - It's got alot of the same stupid bugs as the last games. BUT IT IS GREAT FUN TO PLAY!
  34. Nov 19, 2011
    this low score is due to the idiots who can not enjoy a good game rather than get involved with the game, they are more concerned with minimum graphics detail.
  35. Nov 20, 2011
    This game is far from perfect. However, I don't think it's as bad as the average user score here. It is nothing more than a more polished version of Modern Warfare 2. It has everything to love from MW2, the fantastic and exciting single player, and the fast-paced multiplayer with the removal of a lot of the more annoying perks. A few negatives though. It is surely not worth the $60 priceThis game is far from perfect. However, I don't think it's as bad as the average user score here. It is nothing more than a more polished version of Modern Warfare 2. It has everything to love from MW2, the fantastic and exciting single player, and the fast-paced multiplayer with the removal of a lot of the more annoying perks. A few negatives though. It is surely not worth the $60 price tag if you already own MW2, and the graphics were showing their age in MW2, and now they look downright terrible. I do find it impossible to compare this game to Battlefield 3, because the two games are completely different styles. (I own both.) This game is your average CoD game, fun because of how easy it is to pick up, and the singleplayer is exciting and intense. If MW2 had never existed, this game would definitely be worth the $60, but just as basically a map pack for MW2, it still has room to stand on it's own and is pretty enjoyable in my opinion. Expand
  36. Nov 13, 2011
    I enjoyed the SP ride and MP is fun (although I'm getting whacked with regularity). The franchise is taking predictable paths and I suspect the break-up w/Infinity Ward kept this from becoming a great game (it's good...but there's so much more here that could-have-been). I guess the question is whether or not the game is now on Madden-like yearly updates (nothing more than a cash grab)I enjoyed the SP ride and MP is fun (although I'm getting whacked with regularity). The franchise is taking predictable paths and I suspect the break-up w/Infinity Ward kept this from becoming a great game (it's good...but there's so much more here that could-have-been). I guess the question is whether or not the game is now on Madden-like yearly updates (nothing more than a cash grab) or if it's still a labor of love for those you develop for it. If it's the former, I'm not sure it's worth spending $60 a year on incremental updates. If it's the latter...and we get a more compelling SP story...then I'm in. Also...it integrates so nicely w/Steam that it makes Origin's first shot at a "Steam-Killer" a joke. Expand
  37. Nov 15, 2011
    I'm not surely I really understand what amounts to a war between BF3 and MW3 - there is clearly quite a bit of history there but it's all gone safely over my head. My review is of the game (SP + MP) on the PC. I'm not reviewing Activision's ethics or anything else.

The single player campaign is a blast. It is a little on the short side though - about the same as MW2. The story is utter nonsense but the action keeps you going. If you think back to the very best levels on MW1 and MW2 there is plenty of this style of action here. The graphics are slightly better - this isn't a revolution but feels like more of the same. If you enjoyed MW1 and MW2 as much as I did then more of the same will feel fine.

The gameplay is extremely varied. They will often introduce a new element which will play for 10 minutes or so only to move on to something else. Certainly plenty to keep the interest.

The mulitplayer feels very similar to MW2 and suffers from hackers and cheaters etc to the same extent which can be quite annoying at times. I don't take it all that seriously but racked over 100 hours on MW2 and would expect al least the same on MW3. Then add in Special Ops and survival modes and it's easy to see several hundred hours of playing here.

The game is extremely smooth and (for a modern new release) is relatively bug free. If all you are interested in is the MP element I can see why you might be frustrated as it amounts to a fairly hefty map pack and a fwe gameplay tweeks. Taking the package as a whole though I see very good value for money in what is going to be one of 2011's biggest games in terms of sales and impact.

I am thoroughly enjoying this title. I have not posted "wow this is amazing" or "this sucks" but have stated my opinion with clear reasons and explanations. I think if everyone else did the same we would see a much more balanced score.
  38. Nov 10, 2011
    Nothing ground breaking about this game, If you enjoyed the previous CoD's then you'll like it. The Multiplayer is an improvement over MW2. Maps, weapons, killstreaks, perks, etc are better and more balanced. The Graphics are good but not an improvment over previous titles except I do like the character animations, especially faces, they looked revamped. I wish dedicated servers wereNothing ground breaking about this game, If you enjoyed the previous CoD's then you'll like it. The Multiplayer is an improvement over MW2. Maps, weapons, killstreaks, perks, etc are better and more balanced. The Graphics are good but not an improvment over previous titles except I do like the character animations, especially faces, they looked revamped. I wish dedicated servers were ranked and there was a way to adjust the field of View. Have not finished the SP nor have I started any Co-op as of yet. Expand
  39. Nov 12, 2011
    Battlefied 3 was my main concern this year, but out of the blue I was hooked on COD:MW3. While I am still very much in love with how fresh BF3 has been I can not ignore the value for dollar and refinment of COD:MW3. First of is the single player which is the shortest one yet, but its quality over quanity. If you like Michale Bay movies, and could give two rats ass about story telling thisBattlefied 3 was my main concern this year, but out of the blue I was hooked on COD:MW3. While I am still very much in love with how fresh BF3 has been I can not ignore the value for dollar and refinment of COD:MW3. First of is the single player which is the shortest one yet, but its quality over quanity. If you like Michale Bay movies, and could give two rats ass about story telling this is for you. I have been playing all morning, and all I can say the single player makes you feel like a total bad ass and it takes no prisoners doing so. The visuals, sound, and ammount of content is epic.

Spec Ops, is the best part of the game but will be probably the least played of the bunch. If you got a buddy to play with this is really a challange, and will put your skills to the test if you are willing to get a 100% in them

Multiplayer has grown up a lot, and while not on the same size scale as BF3 it offers a different flavor of it. I am not very good at COD MP, but with the support class I given slack for sucking, but rewarded for supporting. That single featuer alone is sensational. I am very please with it, and the fact that you can custom tailor the guns to your liking is awsome.

COD:MW3 is worth your money, and I really have no clue why all the negative reivews. I own both BF3 and MW3, and I can not say that I like one more over the other, but I can say that I play as of right now MW3 more because it is refined, no cashing, freezing, or funky glitches in the game.
  40. Nov 14, 2011
    Don't let all the reviews tell you the game is bad I have played every cod and this one is great just like cod4 gun on gun fights and mw2 kill streaks(new ones also). The people who give the negative rate more then likely are bad at the game or there pc is stone aged.COD MW3 is great!!!
  41. Nov 18, 2011
    CoD MW3 es un buen juego y muy entretenido pero despues de 4 años sigue siendo igual que su gran antecesor: CoD 4. Es un copia y pega de sus anteriores entregas...
  42. Nov 19, 2011
    I bought license for MW2, Black Ops and finally MW3 so far.. and the biggest disappointment is... Black Ops. Because of the poor optimisation for Win 7 (as far as i read). MW3 thought brought things up for the series, as far as I'm concerned, being everything that MW2 was to me and more. No DirectX 11, no completely new things? That's allright, I'm not necessary looking for testing on myI bought license for MW2, Black Ops and finally MW3 so far.. and the biggest disappointment is... Black Ops. Because of the poor optimisation for Win 7 (as far as i read). MW3 thought brought things up for the series, as far as I'm concerned, being everything that MW2 was to me and more. No DirectX 11, no completely new things? That's allright, I'm not necessary looking for testing on my own money, and don't like giving up on framerates for new titles that reach new tech standards. With my E8400 and GTX460 this game is a peach. The only minus I see is lack of servers in my region for a good ping and maybe the price. Expand
  43. Nov 20, 2011
    Let's start with the fact that I did not play with CoD before (just the FIRST part back in the early-mid 2000's) so this review will be a cod n00bs point of view
    - I am familiar with the system that ranking is dedicated ONLY to supervised servers. I totally don't know why are these flamers want it. Dedicated servers needs to be a place where clans are preparing for wars and championships or friends who want to challenge each other on a LAN party or somewhat. I'm currently thinking WHAT kind of purpose would be to rank up on a dedicated server... HM I GET IT NOW, SO YOU ALL **** WAREZ VERSION OWNERS CAN USE ALL FEATURES OF THE GAME. WELL, NO U DON'T
    - I saw that many of you wanted to have a custom POV angle setting, well that would be some feature for the hardcore games but I don't get it, if you are hardcore cod multi players, why do you want to have ranking on dedi. servers(to get back to the prev. question again). If I would be a hardcore cod clan multi-player then I would want all the available guns and features immediately to train for wars and well, the dedi. servers give you this choise... Just again a minor point to show you all metacritic people that the 0-10 point reviews all are bunch of **** and childish flame.
    - Graphics: no change from the previous version as I saw, but i am noob in this game so this is something new for me, i don't care. Hardcore multi-gamers should not aware this thing either...
    - Multiplayer - fairly lot of changes as I see after i read and heard things from friends and blogs about mw2. Fairly enough content, lots of stages and coop missions
    - Single: adrenalin pushing content, unluckily I am now in the middle of a story and I don't know some things back in the MW2 but who cares. The only thing which is bothering me and is confusing that the story is about lots of different soldiers, we are jumping between these places and to tell the truth I can't totally feel myself in the story in this way. And to point on the haters' POV, most of them just throwing here a "single is **** phrases, I think this is totally not enough review of the content ;-)
    - Sounds: thrilling

My POV tells a 9 point of 10 for this game, but I would give a 7 if i would be a cod fan: 80% would be a fair point and I would minus down 10% for disappointment: content reusage is so high in this game that this is some kind of DLC of MW2 and not a new game
  44. May 26, 2012
    best game I ever played, simply amazing
    Everything up there is a pile of **** I decided to write 'cause i could.
    i am actually a nice guy. Here is my top ten movie list: 1o. The Shining. It is absolutely classic. 9. Alien. The first time I saw it i was scared ****less. 8. The Children of the Corn. It is almost as messed up as 'IT'. 7. Shaun of the Dead. Funny. Funny. Funny. 6. Hellraiser.
    best game I ever played, simply amazing
    Everything up there is a pile of **** I decided to write 'cause i could.
    i am actually a nice guy. Here is my top ten movie list:
    1o. The Shining. It is absolutely classic.
    9. Alien. The first time I saw it i was scared ****less.
    8. The Children of the Corn. It is almost as messed up as 'IT'.
    7. Shaun of the Dead. Funny. Funny. Funny.
    6. Hellraiser. It has a nice plot and Pinhead is awesome.
    5. Sleepaway Camp. Nobody remembers this movie but I reckon it was KICKASS.
    4. Nightmare on Elm Street. Also classic.
    3. Friday the 13th. Jason is almost too KICKASS.
    2. Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Pretty messed up but it kept me on the edge of my seat.
    (Drumrolls)
    1. Halloween. Myers is slightly KICKASS and the movie was brilliant.
  45. Jan 7, 2013
    Nice game, good story, i don't understand why are there so many people gave it a bad rate. If you gave it a bad rate, what do you think the story should be?
  46. Dec 20, 2011
    first off. Since MW2 my love for call of duty has gone downhill, but when i was told by many people how good MW3 was, i just had t ogo and get it. and to my complete and utter surprise, i found it was actually quite good. the single player was tight, bug free and apart from the COD 4 story, was wonderful, bringing back some amazing moments.
    as for the multiplayer, well i haven't touched
    as for the multiplayer, well i haven't touched that, and it would be a bit bias as i know i will be rubbish at it.
  47. Nov 14, 2011
    I finally understood why this franchise exists. It took me some time, being this ridiculous hard core gamer type, enjoying Ultra settings BF3 or modding Skyrim on day 1. However, what I've realized is that this game DOESN'T take itself seriously, but that's ok! I can perfectly understand at this point why this game is fun, it's simple, arcade fun, nothing more. If you plan to take anI finally understood why this franchise exists. It took me some time, being this ridiculous hard core gamer type, enjoying Ultra settings BF3 or modding Skyrim on day 1. However, what I've realized is that this game DOESN'T take itself seriously, but that's ok! I can perfectly understand at this point why this game is fun, it's simple, arcade fun, nothing more. If you plan to take an "innovative realistic approach to COD" your not going to have it; and to top it off it's meant to be taken lightly, as a run-around shooter just for the hell of it. This is a game to enjoy with friends, not to be competitive over. If you take the time to realize that, your experience changes. I've been playing BF3 for the extremely intense, action filled technical innovated, shooting powerhouse that is the game. But I then see that I have MW3, a fun, kick back, shoot em up with no real flair, but the game sells, why? Because people enjoy to have fun! There's something about Call of Duty's multiplayer over the past several that get's you to say "one more game, one more game, one more game" and something get's you hooked. I think that also reflects on another game that you can kind of relate. Minecraft, the "one more block" mentality and next thing you know you have a mineshaft. MW3 gives the hook on to it experience, it's flashy, it's killstreaks, it's extremely fast paced, and you feel as though you fly through games. Don't rate this game on it's innovation or it's graphics or whatever you think it needs. For what it provides to the mass community it's perfect for being a fun fast paced shooter. And although it's not some brand new game that expands completely from MW2, it still has it's fresh feeling. This game does truly deserve more, i've been on both sides of the spectrum, believe me, and what i've come to realize is, this game is there for the enjoyment of classic style shooters, take it that way. Expand
  48. Nov 14, 2011
    Great continuation of the fun and competitiveness that was Modern Warfare 2. Great selection of guns and interesting killstreaks for all types of players. It's made for diehard COD gamers in all seriousness, whether you're awesome or just OK. No more camping for that uber killstreak because support killstreaks keeps it fair.

I started playing MW3 on my 32' Sony GoogleTV flatscreen and did

I started playing MW3 on my 32' Sony GoogleTV flatscreen and did terrible every game until I switched to my smaller screen to compact game space and minimize the crazy turn lag I had. I'm back to my pistol owning self so if you're using a big flatscreen, try a much smaller tv!
  49. Nov 15, 2011
    Continuación de MW2, mucha acción y momentos épicos como en toda la franquicia CoD MW, eso si los gráficos se ven ya muy antiguos comparados con BTF3, la campaña un poco corta pero que parece que se han puesto de acuerdo con EA para que durara alrededor de 7ho cada uno.
  50. Nov 15, 2011
    Este MW3, esta a la altura y supera al resto de MW de la saga. Si, es mas de lo mismo, pero es lo que nos gusta. Lo único que me quejo es porque no han tocado nada o casi nada gráficamente. Hubiera sido de agradecer. Espectacular juego.
  51. Nov 18, 2011
    Owning all of the CoD series and the Battlefield 2 / 3 games, I was very eager to play this latest rendition of the Modern Warfare game.

I love the game, more so than BF2. And more then Black Ops and MW2. Here is a summary of the Pros / Cons of the game: PROS: - Movement is smooth and works well on my existing NVidia 450GTS hardware on MAX graphics. - The additional Game Modes and

I love the game, more so than BF2. And more then Black Ops and MW2.

Here is a summary of the Pros / Cons of the game:

PROS: - Movement is smooth and works well on my existing NVidia 450GTS hardware on MAX graphics. - The additional Game Modes and UI Improvements were sorely needed, and these improvements address many of the issues I had with the older series. - Being able to vote on the next map is nice, although I wish it were among 3 or 4 map choices. - The addition of info on the Lobby screen showing you your challenges at a glance is sweet. - I like the large number of maps included, and most of them play really well. - Dedicated Servers are great, but they need to be ranked. In late 2011, I expect not to have to restart or quit a game because one of the players happens to be the host and is causing the whole game to Lag.

CONS: - Dedicated Servers are un ranked, so no leveling up on a stable server. - When setting up a Private Match, it appears as though there is no way to disable the respawn delay. - The graphics should have been better. - You should be able to join a Party, even after the Party Leader is in a Lobby. - Parties should allow the leader to decide if Party Members are on the same team or not, on the fly. That way you can switch off between matches to kill your friends or not.

Overall the game is great, and plays much smoother than BF3. Although to be fare, I like the faster pace of MW3 over the BF3 experience, always have.
  52. Nov 19, 2011
    Looked at alot of the reviews and that had a 0 and makes me wonder if they really played. Looks HINKY. The only 2 games alot of them reviewed were MW3 and BF3. They gave a 0 to MW3 and a 10 to BF3. And they typed the same review abd score on the first day for not only PC game, but also PS3 and XBOX. Makes you go hmmm, doesn't it??

Anyways, the Sp portion of the game is in no way, shape

Anyways, the Sp portion of the game is in no way, shape or form boring. It is as exciting as ever and thety did alot of very cool things, like the under water part of getting on the sub and the level with the sand storm coming in. Took me a little longer to beat this one than the last one. Loved it. Graphically, very good as always. Not stellar but very good. You also have Special OPS which gives you many more hours of intense action and fun. As for the MP, they made some nice changes which I really liked and some things I don't like which is why it doesn't get a 10 or even a 9 from me. I have had no lag problems, but on PC, we only get to play 12 guys per map. That is just stupid. And the maps are so small that when you drop in a pkg, 1/3 of the time its is stolen. Also, every time the host leaves, you have to wait till they find another one. And deaths count against you if you get tk'd. Thought the MP was gonna improve after the improvents on Black-OPS, but guess not. Overall, a good game, but not perfect.
  53. Nov 20, 2011
    I'm really enjoying this game, it's so much fun if you have friends to play with, the MP works really well on my PC and I do not have a very good PC for gaming so, hands down, it's great. The Spec Ops is awesome in two players, you can have soo much fun in Survival. What more can I say? Don't fall for what others are saying about the game, cause for some it works!
  54. Nov 22, 2011
    This is Modern Warfare 1 & 2 repackaged and copyrighted for 2011. For veterans of the previous games, you're not missing much if you skip this one. For new players, this is still a great game. A disappointment as a sequel considering it was one of the most anticipated games of the year. Rehashed AC-130 Mission, same breach and clear events in slow motion, and a contrived plot attemptingThis is Modern Warfare 1 & 2 repackaged and copyrighted for 2011. For veterans of the previous games, you're not missing much if you skip this one. For new players, this is still a great game. A disappointment as a sequel considering it was one of the most anticipated games of the year. Rehashed AC-130 Mission, same breach and clear events in slow motion, and a contrived plot attempting to tie the plot together with the previous iterations. Still great multiplayer, though it was best exemplified in MW2. The extra tweaks make it worth a look, but won't make you stay for long.

I had fun playing it for about 10 hours, but I've moved on to greener pastures. I won't be expecting much in the next sequel.
  55. Dec 15, 2011
    I admit this game doesn't have 2011 year graphics. Graphics matters a lot but it's not everything to me. Single player story is adrenaline filled and heart pumping. That matters a lot. Multiplayer is addiction. Especially Kill Confirm mode is extremely addicting. It only lacks one thing and this is "super graphics". That's the reason I am not giving it 10/10. But the fact that it doesn'tI admit this game doesn't have 2011 year graphics. Graphics matters a lot but it's not everything to me. Single player story is adrenaline filled and heart pumping. That matters a lot. Multiplayer is addiction. Especially Kill Confirm mode is extremely addicting. It only lacks one thing and this is "super graphics". That's the reason I am not giving it 10/10. But the fact that it doesn't have super graphics made it available to many many players who can't even afford heavy systems. Expand
  56. Dec 20, 2011
    I do actually like this game. I have to admit that I like Black Ops more (I don't know where, but I like Black Ops a bit more). But I do like Modern Warfare 3 itself. It is nice to see the ending of this Single Player story. And the multiplayer is just fun. I like fast-paced gameplay, and I was pleasantly surprised when they even announced they were adding free stuff (new gamemode -> DropI do actually like this game. I have to admit that I like Black Ops more (I don't know where, but I like Black Ops a bit more). But I do like Modern Warfare 3 itself. It is nice to see the ending of this Single Player story. And the multiplayer is just fun. I like fast-paced gameplay, and I was pleasantly surprised when they even announced they were adding free stuff (new gamemode -> Drop Zone). I think that really made me finally write this review, because I was a bit bored of MW3 (it just didn't feel right), but I think I have to change my opinion on that. I do really like it, and for those who like to fast-paced FPS-games should really buy this.

I know the graphics are not the best, but I don't think the graphics are everything. Fun is the number 1 factor, and I DO have fun with this game, and that's why I give it a 8. (I didn't really play co-op yet, so I can't really write anything about that).
  57. Dec 29, 2011
    not sure why all of retards give 0 or 1. I can accept 5-6 for no innovation to older CoD but still solid work. Why you expected something different than previous. It is like you would give 0 to NHL series because it is still only ice hockey.
  58. Feb 14, 2013
    The campaign mode is awesome and it is a great sequel to Modern Warfare 2, The story is good, exciting not too ridiculous. The graphics and visuals themselves aren't a huge improvement. Some guns, such as the MK14 and akimbo FMG's are overpowered. They also removed double tapping which was quite annoying, it was still fun but didn't bring much else to the table that wasn't already there inThe campaign mode is awesome and it is a great sequel to Modern Warfare 2, The story is good, exciting not too ridiculous. The graphics and visuals themselves aren't a huge improvement. Some guns, such as the MK14 and akimbo FMG's are overpowered. They also removed double tapping which was quite annoying, it was still fun but didn't bring much else to the table that wasn't already there in MW2 and CoD4. Expand
  59. Nov 9, 2011
    From start to finish, Modern Warfare 3 seeks to bring you on a ridiculously explosive and action packed ride. It's campaign brings more of what is loved by fans of the series to the table, including vehicle sections, a great sense of spectacle and ultimately takes you on a non stop thrill ride around the globe in a variety of (mostly), beautiful environments and locations. I would beFrom start to finish, Modern Warfare 3 seeks to bring you on a ridiculously explosive and action packed ride. It's campaign brings more of what is loved by fans of the series to the table, including vehicle sections, a great sense of spectacle and ultimately takes you on a non stop thrill ride around the globe in a variety of (mostly), beautiful environments and locations. I would be lying if I said that the graphics weren't showing their age, but ultimately the fantastically well developed and polished game-play outshines any sense of age. The sound design has received a bit more attention here then in previous iterations of the game, resulting in a more immersive experience then ever before. Spec Ops is back from Modern Warfare 2 and is bigger and better then ever before, it retains the old short, timed missions from last time but also features a new survival mode, reminiscent of Halo's Firefight or Gears Of War's Horde Mode. This mode is really addictive and many will find it competing for their multiplayer time. As you defeat the waves of enemies spawned upon you, you gain resources to spend on air strikes, new weapons, grenades and so on. On top of all this, Modern Warfare 3 sports a multiplayer suite that you can sink literally hundreds of hours into. It's the same as the previous games: you gain experience points to level up and gain new weapons, perks and Killstreaks. Besides being more polished then ever before, there are only a few minor additions here such as weapon leveling and new weapons etc. Overall, this is a really sleek action packed package and absolutely worthy of your money, particularly if you haven't played any of the previous games in the series. No ones calling really innovative but that does not mean it is undeserving of the score I'm giving it. Easily the best arcade shooter to come out this year. Expand
  60. Nov 9, 2011
    I love how all of the Battlefield 3 fanboys get on here to trash MW3. Quit acting like its the same game being released because its not. The game has lots of new features and the same addicting gameplay that helps it to beat the battlefield series year in year out.
  61. Nov 12, 2011
    I can't believe the bad reviews this game is getting. This is my first modern warfare game I have played at it is awesome. Perhaps it might be similar to other modern warfare games which I have not played but to a first time player it is unreal! 10 out of 10
  62. Nov 9, 2011
    I did not have nearly as bad of an experience as many other reviewers. First, you must realize this is what the Call of Duty franchise has become--you know exactly what to expect from any new Call of Duty game, especially when it carries the Modern Warfare brand.

If you didn't like MW2, why would you expect more from MW3? Thus, if you properly manage your expectations, you can have a lot of fun with MW3, as I did. I have always been a fan of CoD's single player campaigns, and in this case MW3 did not disappoint me.

I know it's basically a brainless, on-rails, completely-linear experience. I know that the story is entirely unbelievable. I know that the game lacks the absolute latest technical advancements in the shooter genre. But I knew all that going in, and I still chose to pre-order the game. In fact, because I knew not to expect more, that's what I was waiting for!

The multiplayer experience is still fun as well, but it is starting to get stale. Not enough improvements have been made to make it stand out at all from MW2's multiplayer, and there aren't enough new maps to make it feel like they've really put a lot of effort into that area.

Overall, I still enjoy the experience--it feels like a Michael Bay summer blockbuster--completely predictable, completely unrealistic even when it tries to be, but enough pretty explosions and epic scripted events to keep your adrenaline pumping and hold your interest from start to finish.

All of the negative reviews just might help to snap Activision out of this cycle of rehashing similar content, so in that I guess it has a purpose, however I do not feel that the game deserves a 0 rating, so hopefully other reviewers like me will help to offset this.

I love Battlefield 3 as much as the next person, but to even expect that MW3 would compare technically, or in the multiplayer department, means you are not being very realistic going in. Battlefield 3 is where the innovation is. MW3 is simply the continuation of a series.
  63. Nov 12, 2011
    the devs delivered on the promises and mw3 is a great improvement over mw2. mw is a game series so dont expect it to be a completely new game but then again, you dont need to always change things when what you have already works good too. most of the negative reviews come from battlefield players and players who didnt and dont intend to buy mw3 so dont listen to these people. its funny howthe devs delivered on the promises and mw3 is a great improvement over mw2. mw is a game series so dont expect it to be a completely new game but then again, you dont need to always change things when what you have already works good too. most of the negative reviews come from battlefield players and players who didnt and dont intend to buy mw3 so dont listen to these people. its funny how forums and places like this are full of hatred toward the game but it broke sales records and surpasses bf3s sales as well. theres a reason for that, people who like the game are not here commenting but playing and enjoying the game right now! Expand
  64. Nov 15, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game has a very nice campaign ,and despite it's old graphics ,the multiplayer is getting even better than the previous cods...well balanced and praticaly no bugs/glitches ...
    This game is almost perfect if you want to have a good time ,if not...then do not rate it
  65. Nov 8, 2011
    Yes, we know, the graphics are dated! And yes, they may be a downgrade. But once you get past the fact that this game isn't nearly as spectacular to look at as BF3, you realize that this is a really good game.

For starters, the campaign feels like MW2, but it has much better storytelling that is reminiscent of CoD4 (though that might be due to all the CoD4 characters and scenes that return). There are numerous references back to the first two games, and if you didn't play them, you might be a little lost, but they never go overboard with references to the point that those who never played those games would hate the story. Overall, once you get past the first couple of levels (which aren't that great), it is pretty much five hours (not three hours--unless you play on Recruit or seriously rush it) of great enjoyment. Yes, it's linear, but I'm assuming anyone who has any knowledge of CoD would know that before reading a review.

When it comes to the Spec-Ops, this is definitely the best co-op in CoD to date. The survival mode is a lot more interesting than zombies, and while there's nothing sci-fi about it, you will face a more diverse group of enemies and have a little more to play with. Missions are pretty much the same as Spec-Ops in MW2 with some of them almost being taken directly from the MW2 ones (and one being nearly identical to "Mile High Club" from CoD4). You also can level up and unlock more stuff to use in the Survival mode.

The multiplayer, as you would expect, is sort of CoD4 meets MW2. Granted, at this point, it is too early to tell how many exploits there will be, but the game has definitely been balanced in comparison to MW2 (knifing and explosives aren't nearly as skill-less, but they also are still effective). It still lacks the level of teamwork of BF3, but that may improve as people learn more about the maps. The good news is that the horrendous lag of Black Ops did not carry over to this game, and while IWNet certainly has its issues, it feels almost refreshing in comparison to BO's ridiculous server issues. It isn't perfect and it is probably the worst feature of the game, but it isn't game breaking either.

But in the end, this is CoD, and it is definitely catered to the Modern Warfare crowd particularly. If you've enjoyed Call of Duty in the past, this is definitely worth your $60. Sure it has its issues, it probably will never be better than CoD4, and it probably won't take up as much time as previous CoD games have recently (with BF3 having just released and Skyrim coming in a few days). But as a whole, this is a fun game and a great refresher after MW2 and BO were so disappointing.
  66. Nov 11, 2011
    Everyone who has left a negative metascore either never liked Call of Duty/not a CoD fan or came from a huge Battlefield 3 hate crowd to destroy MW3 for some odd reason this always confused me because these 2 games of 2 different publishers/developers have only 1 thing in common they have guns thats it. Call of Duty is great for its own style of shooter. Modern Warfare 3 takes the seriesEveryone who has left a negative metascore either never liked Call of Duty/not a CoD fan or came from a huge Battlefield 3 hate crowd to destroy MW3 for some odd reason this always confused me because these 2 games of 2 different publishers/developers have only 1 thing in common they have guns thats it. Call of Duty is great for its own style of shooter. Modern Warfare 3 takes the series over the edge with its new levels and gametypes. The Singleplayer is just as good, but with only 1 minor flaw, it's 3 hours. 2 things about the game I dont entirely dislike more as wish it was different is the graphics engine and the field of view is locked at 60. Other than its minor flaws the game is perfect third installment of a great series of modern warfare games! :) Expand
  67. Nov 15, 2011
    The campaign had a slightly compelling story, but was very predictable.
    And speaking about predictable : anyone with half a brain saw most plot-twists coming, especially the chapter where Makarov anticipates the 141 ambush and Soap dies.
    It was also short, much like MW2, it lasted all of 6½ hours before i was done. And that was me taking my time and not rushing through. The
    The campaign had a slightly compelling story, but was very predictable.
    It was also short, much like MW2, it lasted all of 6½ hours before i was done.
    And that was me taking my time and not rushing through.
    The amount of re-used material was obscene.

The special ops were boring, too much repetition again of stuff from the previous game, and just like MW2, it built too much on what you already did in the campaign.
    It's so un-original i am wondering why it took them this long to release the damn thing. and IW/Sledgehammer trying to pull a fast one on us with that Survival mode (zombies rehash minus the zombies, anyone?)... That just ticked me off so much i never even bothered with multiplayer, which, from the looks of other user reviews, means i didn't miss much.
    All in all, glad i got this game for free from my boss, because if i had spent money on this, i'd have been very, very angry.
  68. Nov 12, 2011
    Man, what is with all the haters!? The bad user reviews on this site are obviously rigged. Smells like EA, being the ****-ass company they are, paid idiots to create dummy accounts to rig this due to wanting Battliefield 3 to win this shooter war. Anyways, EA hating aside, MW3 is incredible! This game continues a tried and true formula that obviously is damn near perfect, otherwise itMan, what is with all the haters!? The bad user reviews on this site are obviously rigged. Smells like EA, being the ****-ass company they are, paid idiots to create dummy accounts to rig this due to wanting Battliefield 3 to win this shooter war. Anyways, EA hating aside, MW3 is incredible! This game continues a tried and true formula that obviously is damn near perfect, otherwise it wouldn't sell as much. Is there really any question to why MW3 has already SHATTERED Black Ops release numbers? Which btw Black Ops shattered MW2's. This is a trend here. Games that SUCK dont sell more year after year, how stupid are you haters? There's NO way the "user reviews" on this site are that low, this is a quality product. I've spent 22 hrs on the game already and IW constantly refine and perfect the formula I've come to love since call of duty 2. This isnt The Madden series where it's literally the same game with a different roster, don't be fooled by those who say it is just like that. Thiis game is the greatest Call of duty of all time. Eff off haters!!! Expand
  69. Nov 19, 2011
    Wow everyone is hating on this game for being similar to Modern Warfare 2.. They managed to implement an entirely new killstreak system which is absolutely genius the way it works. Leveling up guns is a fantastic idea as well. The level of customization and artistic potential of the new system is massive compared to past call of duty games. People complaining are either BF3 Fanboys or justWow everyone is hating on this game for being similar to Modern Warfare 2.. They managed to implement an entirely new killstreak system which is absolutely genius the way it works. Leveling up guns is a fantastic idea as well. The level of customization and artistic potential of the new system is massive compared to past call of duty games. People complaining are either BF3 Fanboys or just plain stupid, look at the title... It's the next in a SERIES of MODERN WARFARE games. Yes they will have similarities THEY ARE IN THE SAME TRILOGY. It makes you seem dumb when you complain about similarities in games with the same name, just saying. It is much more than an expansion and the graphics are much better, maybe your computer is just outdated because it looks fantastic on mine. Modern Warfare 3 is the best call of duty so far and I highly recommend buying it if you enjoyed MW1 and MW2. Don't let the haters make the decision for you. Expand
  70. Nov 9, 2011
    This is a singleplayer only review as I haven't yet had the chance to try multiplayer. I convinced myself I wasn't going to buy MW3 being somewhat of a Battlefield fanboy. I loved Modern Warfare 1 but as a PC player hated MW2 due to lack of dedicated servers. It also had a rather disjointed story which really put me off. I decided to never buy another CoD game again because of the lack ofThis is a singleplayer only review as I haven't yet had the chance to try multiplayer. I convinced myself I wasn't going to buy MW3 being somewhat of a Battlefield fanboy. I loved Modern Warfare 1 but as a PC player hated MW2 due to lack of dedicated servers. It also had a rather disjointed story which really put me off. I decided to never buy another CoD game again because of the lack of innovation and the fact that it's basically the same game every year. Well I woke up on MW3 release day and impulsively decided to buy it just to see if it lived up to Modern Warfare 1. First thing I noticed was the campaign length. Normally a CoD game takes me only 3-5 hours to complete on regular. This one took me just under 9 hours which I was really happy with. The story truly lived up to MW1 and I enjoyed it much more than MW2. I'm giving it an 8 out of 10 because I really enjoyed it, it was very entertaining and wrapped up the Modern Warfare story quite nicely. I took two points off for dated visuals, lack of any proper physics and other engine-related badness. Also the fact that it's another iterative CoD. Now we just need some real innovation in the future and CoD can move forward the way it needs to. Expand
  71. Nov 9, 2011
    I don't get what people were expecting when they rushed out and bought this, but I got what i wanted. Single player campaign is great and continues the story from the first two games. Multiplayer has a ton of new perks and level up options. It runs great on my laptop: Phenom II N970 Quad-Core, 8gb DDR3-1066, 1gb AMD Radeon 6650m.

There are some gripes I have about the game (no lean, no

There are some gripes I have about the game (no lean, no FOV adjustment, no prestige tokens from previous games, no Dew XP promotion, etc.) but seriously these are minor issues and overall the game is pretty damn good. Personally I don't care that the graphics haven't changed much, I always thought they were fine to begin with.

IDK, I guess I'm supposed to hate it but I haven't run into anything that makes me hate it. All the people complaining just seem like elitists who are getting mad that their beloved series now has mass appeal, just like what happened to punk rock in the late 80s and early 90s. Whatever, deal with it guys.

Docked 2 points for IW/Sledgehammer/Activision basically skimping out on Elite/Promotional deals for the PC version.
  72. Nov 9, 2011
    All the fed up of BF3 players here writing ofc.. Go and play ur GAME like the MW3 players are doing instead of flaming in here. Actually the game ain't that bad. What I've meet there is lots o similar things in earlier CoDs but no it doesn't make the game non-playable. I totally skipped blackops and MW2 eventhough I played CoD1-4 as a active clan player. Well if we compare this to BF3: IAll the fed up of BF3 players here writing ofc.. Go and play ur GAME like the MW3 players are doing instead of flaming in here. Actually the game ain't that bad. What I've meet there is lots o similar things in earlier CoDs but no it doesn't make the game non-playable. I totally skipped blackops and MW2 eventhough I played CoD1-4 as a active clan player. Well if we compare this to BF3: I did play it on beta (ofc alot of bugs etc.), but nothing wins the game when its PLAYABLE even with high graphics when ur PC ain't very up to date. I agree BF3 has lots better graphics but in my opinion they shouldn't make games to tell people "Hello! Wanna play me? PUT 600 euros to get new hardware first, then buy the game for 50 euros." As a hardcore player I give my points for a game that people can play as a "team" (and no, not public "teams") and without getting in risk of low FPS.

This is mostly for Multiplayer:
    +8 for the game, working client(steam), system, different game mods, playable with even more worse computers (Low graphics ARE playable)
    -1 for the graphics (maybe would've deserve -2 as '11 game)
    -1 Servers are sometimes **** up as the players host the servers(at least some of the servers, fix me if I'm totally wrong)
  73. Nov 10, 2011
    Amazing that people think the low user score is down to BF3 trolls. I bought MW3 for £40 and it is essentially a frickin' map pack. I could forgive the fact they're still using the dated IW engine if this was brimming with new features and innovations, but this is just a shocking effort - go back to the drawing board already.
  74. Nov 10, 2011
    My review here is for the PC version of the game. Little has changed since MW2, and nobody expected different. What has changed, however, I feel to be a tighter experience. From the matchmaking, the team-oriented kill streaks, and better designed multiplayer maps, etc. In fact, I'm not really been much of a COD "fan," I'm much more into Battlefield and BF3 is my main game. The differenceMy review here is for the PC version of the game. Little has changed since MW2, and nobody expected different. What has changed, however, I feel to be a tighter experience. From the matchmaking, the team-oriented kill streaks, and better designed multiplayer maps, etc. In fact, I'm not really been much of a COD "fan," I'm much more into Battlefield and BF3 is my main game. The difference between the two is obvious: Battlefield is a War Simulator, while COD is more of a tightly focused team driven "arcade" shoot-out. MW3 has a lot to offer: the campaign takes you on a colossal joy ride visiting monuments few may ever see in their lifetime. The co-operative Spec Ops feature is much improved and allows for countless hours with a buddy. The Multiplayer shoot-out is far better tweaked with the killstreaks.

However, there are a few things that stand-out to be missing from last years offering that I think should've been included by a "AAA" Blockbuster title. First, there is no native gamepad support like there was in Black Ops (which was the first COD game to offer the feature on the PC). Yes, most of us game on mouse/keyboard to play competitively, but a lot of us these days have our PC hooked up to our HDTV and prefer to play on the couch after a long (or hard) days work instead of my desk. Most modern PC games have this feature, Activision should know better. The only solution here is to use a 3rd party program like Xpadder or Pinnacle Gaming Software. Second, for 'being' a Blockbuster title Activision should ensure that they are moving the 'gaming' ball down the 'technological' field. Last year, Black Ops had native 3D support and was supported using Nvidia's 3D Vision/3DTVPlay system on PCs. This was omitted in Modern Warfare 3. Technology should be moving in a one-way direction, and the dev's should've taken what Treyarche did and built on it. Had they implemented these features, I would be happy to give them a '10' for a great fun game as a Battlefield fan.
  75. Nov 12, 2011
    I've bought both BF3 and MW3,love both play style of them,Nice game,nice single-player campaign ,nice OST.P.S. i dunno why so many 0 mark on MW3 in Meta-critic user score,the user who gave 0/10 on MW3 also gave 10/10 full mark on BF3,Hey,does this user score is true?or it is a trick by those BF3 fan boy?
  76. Nov 12, 2011
    Great game, people just feel the need to complain about anything. It's almost embarrassing how people can't give an honest opinion on a game because they feel like they're being cheated. You still bought the game and you know you're still gonna play the hell out of it.
  77. Nov 12, 2011
    Game was as expected, used same engine as MW2 which is what I was hoping for. Everything seems well balanced, completely different from MW2 in all other ways besides graphics. All these idiots rating a 0 because they are calling it a DLC or expansion pack or whatever bs reason when they don't even have the actual game. If they played the actual game they'd know how different this game isGame was as expected, used same engine as MW2 which is what I was hoping for. Everything seems well balanced, completely different from MW2 in all other ways besides graphics. All these idiots rating a 0 because they are calling it a DLC or expansion pack or whatever bs reason when they don't even have the actual game. If they played the actual game they'd know how different this game is from MW2.
    New maps
    New weapons
    New perks
    New killstreaks
    New point streak system
    New concept of strike packages
    New sounds
    New spawn system
    New equipment
    New dual scope capability
  78. Nov 12, 2011
    Ratings seem pretty false to me. Here's why.

Ratings seem pretty false to me. Here's why.

Hatred and bias aside, I went in hoping for the best... ended up feeling moderately disappointed for a few hours and then vindicated. Yes it's very much more of the same, but the campaign is possibly the best in the series, spec ops is a good laugh (and challenge) and given the right mode, multiplayer is possibly the best it's been since the magic COD4.

Of course, some players will skip the Campaign entirely and head online, fair enough... they like the competition more than the story (which is well worth playing for anyone who's played MW1 and 2). So what's supposedly wrong with the multiplayer ?. Well, the maps are pretty cluttered. They're tight and they force you to think on your feet. Running around with reckless abandon is a sure fire way to lose your life... repeatedly. And that's just what I was doing when I dipped into my usual TDM (Team Deathmatch) mode right off the bat. It wasn't until I manned up and tried Hardcore TDM that I fell in love with the multiplayer. The guns in this mode are LETHAL (2 bullets more than enough to get the kill), add to that a lack of any real HUD and Map (until someone earns a UAV and your team gets the mini map for about 30 seconds) and you really have a more thoughtful and more old-school feeling COD experience. This is where I will be spending most of my time.

Whatever you might think of Activision, the people actually making the games are just dev's doing their best. The engine is showing it's age but only a fool would deny it's handsomeness (particularly the more outlandish moments in the campaign).

It's a strong game, put your hate and bias aside, dig a little deeper. Enjoy the great campaign, spec ops/missions and find the right mode for you in the multiplayer. It all comes together because driving it is that perfect ingrediant for FPS's... devastatingly satisfying gunplay.

Don't miss out just cause it's popular to hate.
  79. SZY
    Nov 12, 2011
    I am a Chinese fans.I love CALL OF DUTY series very much! It is the best FPS games i have played,and i thing the producers are very great! Support you! I am looking forward to BLACK OPS2!
  80. Nov 13, 2011
    All in all, this is a good game. What Infinity Ward have done with this aging engine is impressive. Multi-Player is as good as it's ever been. Single-player is short as per, but can still be enjoyed. The problem I have with this game is how little it innovates. It seems as though Activision are making the same mistake they made with Guitar Hero and taking the safe route, trying to maximizeAll in all, this is a good game. What Infinity Ward have done with this aging engine is impressive. Multi-Player is as good as it's ever been. Single-player is short as per, but can still be enjoyed. The problem I have with this game is how little it innovates. It seems as though Activision are making the same mistake they made with Guitar Hero and taking the safe route, trying to maximize sales but not looking long term. I just wonder how long millions are going to buy a product so similar to the last every year.
    Nevertheless, if you aren't too busy playing Skyrim to leave your living room and will be able to play this game online, you'll find this game is worth picking up.
  81. Nov 13, 2011
    I don't understand why all the low ratings, it's a great game. I mean, it's very similar to the other modern warfare games, but it's fast paced combat and rewarding perks and rank ups make it a fun exciting game.
  82. Nov 14, 2011
    This game deserve a medal, i really love that game, it's same as MW2, and that's why it's a very good game, i loved MW2.
    You can say that this is "MW2.5" but i believe that this game is better than BF3, and i'm not alone.
  83. Nov 15, 2011
    Well just want to say that MW 3 is better(than Battlefield 3).You are going to ask me why ? Hmm the game has the same engine like in MW 2 and MW which got really nice graphics, but not so cool like the Battlefield 3 engine .. but i still think that MW 3 is better .. The pluses that this game got are the really nice and long story, the action and the different missions which making the gameWell just want to say that MW 3 is better(than Battlefield 3).You are going to ask me why ? Hmm the game has the same engine like in MW 2 and MW which got really nice graphics, but not so cool like the Battlefield 3 engine .. but i still think that MW 3 is better .. The pluses that this game got are the really nice and long story, the action and the different missions which making the game interesting, fast and creative.One of the negative things here is the short single player and the old the engine, but the multyplayer is really awesome, full with power and action ! Expand
  84. Nov 15, 2011
    Just because it looks like MW2, is no reason to bash the game. After CoD4 and MW2 received farely zero to none support, this time they are here to try. MW3 has already received a patch and the game is really fast paced. The new killstreak system is great, there are a lot of good weapons including snipers to choose from. It might just be an expansion to MW2 for some of you, but it is stillJust because it looks like MW2, is no reason to bash the game. After CoD4 and MW2 received farely zero to none support, this time they are here to try. MW3 has already received a patch and the game is really fast paced. The new killstreak system is great, there are a lot of good weapons including snipers to choose from. It might just be an expansion to MW2 for some of you, but it is still out of the league of Black Ops and the shooter of the moment. Expand
  85. Nov 16, 2011
    Don't believe the spam reviews by all the BF3 fanboys.

Don't believe the spam reviews by all the BF3 fanboys.

I'm a long time CoD fan. I own every single CoD game and this chapter of CoD is the best one, yet. The single player campaign is fun and emotionally engaging. The graphics are bumped up a little (as they are on every CoD release.) The multiplayer is quite fun and I haven't seen rampant cheating as we had with MW2 and haven't had frequent lag problems, either.

If you like CoD games, you'll love MW3. If you're a BF3 fanboy and hate CoD games, you won't like this one, either.
  86. Nov 17, 2011
    Its a very good game
    They enhance perks for multiplayer and kept the gameplay and I LIKE IT.
    I saw a lot of comparison with BF3 and its not the same game
    BF3 is only beautiful and i dont like the gameplay but i prefer arcade game like MW3
    Keep this way Infinity Wards
    MW3 is VERY GOOD
  87. Nov 10, 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 is the best in the series. If you played MW2 you will love MW3. The first thing you notice when you play is that there's a lot more ways to play the game. If you're not the type to get a bunch of kills in a row then the Support Package is for you. Your "streak" doesn't reset when you die. All of you other Pro COD players will probably stick to Assault Package since itsModern Warfare 3 is the best in the series. If you played MW2 you will love MW3. The first thing you notice when you play is that there's a lot more ways to play the game. If you're not the type to get a bunch of kills in a row then the Support Package is for you. Your "streak" doesn't reset when you die. All of you other Pro COD players will probably stick to Assault Package since its similar to what you're used to. Once you hit level 20 you can pick the Specialist Strike Package. This has no killstreaks. Instead the more kills you get,the more perks you get. I recommend this for only the most expert of players. This package has no deathstreaks so making a comeback will be especially difficult. There are 2 new modes in the game that are really cool. Kill Confirmed is basically Team Deathmatch but you have to pick up these dogtags to confirm the kills. You can also pick up your own dog tag and deny the other teams kills. Team Defender is a fun twist on Capture the Flag. In Team defender the objective is to play keep away with the flag. The longer you have it the more points you get. If you play with your friends and have a strategy you will have a good chance of dominating. Expand
  88. Nov 10, 2011
    Nothing new here but still a hell of a lot of fun as with all the other CoD's. Ignore the user reviews and make up your own mind. It was never supposed to be a new game but rather a game that's obviously based on a formula that works.
  89. Nov 10, 2011
    Linear campaign? Duh! CoD campaign was linear everytime since the first CoD. Screenplay? Can you tell me just one CoD where script was elaborate and logical? What else... graphics? Honestly, I don´t give a crap about it, MW3 has good graphics, it´s not stunning as BF3, yes, I admire, but it´s sufficent and ok. I like the campaign, ILinear campaign? Duh! CoD campaign was linear everytime since the first CoD. Screenplay? Can you tell me just one CoD where script was elaborate and logical? What else... graphics? Honestly, I don´t give a crap about it, MW3 has good graphics, it´s not stunning as BF3, yes, I admire, but it´s sufficent and ok. I like the campaign, I wasn´t bored a minute of those 6-7 hours ( yes, 6-7 hours, not 3 hours.. guys, if you are playing on nOOb difficulty, you can expect that, I played on "hardened"). Summary? I don´t regret every single CZK ( I am from Czech republic, mission in Prague was quite funny) I payed for this game. Now, I am gonna spend next 120 hours in MP. 126 hours of fun and entertainment for 60 dollars?? I can spend 60 dollars at one night (6 hours) in the club for christ sake!! Expand
  90. Nov 12, 2011
    Decent game, have both bf3 and mw3. Switch between the two when i get bored of it. Overall I enjoyed both games equally. Although I love battlefields ,multilayer more its a nice change to switch to mw3 once in awhile.
  91. Nov 26, 2011
    Even a game that is deemed to be a copy of a previously released version should be given more than a 2. The game isn't bad. Are there many new innovative game mechanics? No. Is it a game worthy of a 2? God no.
  92. Nov 11, 2011
    Great game! I bought BF3 on launch, and I loved it. Then when MW3 came out, I decided to go buy it, I was not disappointed! Keep in mind this is the first Modern Warfare game I have purchased. The campaign was amazing, online is spectacular, and spec ops is sweet, especially survival mode.
  93. Nov 9, 2011
    People really need to stop being a blind haters, saying lies about the games that they don't have, or haven't played. I am not a fanboy, i have my own view about games. About the engine, i must said it is not actually the same, but basically the same about the result on the screen. PC version does have SSAO option, which help the graphic turn out to be a little bit better in imagePeople really need to stop being a blind haters, saying lies about the games that they don't have, or haven't played. I am not a fanboy, i have my own view about games. About the engine, i must said it is not actually the same, but basically the same about the result on the screen. PC version does have SSAO option, which help the graphic turn out to be a little bit better in image rendering. But if you have played Modern Warfare 2, the IW 5.0 of MW3 gives you kinda the same experience in video quality of the game. But listen carefully, i do understand the background story of IW, why they don't have a new engine this year. If you remember the day that 2 old boss of IW went on court with Activision, IW was freezed, they dont have the right to continue the game, and they just started to develop the game like by the end of 2010, with Sledhammer. You need to know, they have exactly one year, and now we have fresh campaign, fresh Multiplayer, new models, new sound system, now lightning effect... Many people fail to realize that IW tried really hard to bring Soap and Price back for you without delaying. They all know - us - PC Gamers, hate Treyard for not giving a **** for PC community for **** optimitzing Black Ops, that's why they work their butt off for you to have something to entertain for the whole year. But excuses are excuses, they recycle so many stuffs that would turn out to be a little BS. They defenitaly need a new engine for the next game. Personally, i am not pre-ordering for the next CoD from Treyard. The Singleplayer took you no less than 7 hours in Veteran mode, fast-packed, Holywood Action Style. Personally, i think this is the end of the storyline Modern Warfare, i am not gonna spoil anything, i will let you experience it by yourself and try to count how many times you actually said Holy **** during the campaign. The Multiplayer is redesigned, i have experienced 8 hours of Team Deathmatch and Killconfirmed. I must said the game have been balanced a lot, still have several BS spots but overall, it is good. If you are laughing about COD that they have Noob Tubes and BS Killstreak, i would like to tell them that they arent gonna like tubing in MW3 and all killstreak can be taken down easily. The game turn out to be really focus on gun-gun gameplay. I haven;t seen myself a game that a single player can dominate the whole game unless the other team don't give a **** about playing. Afraid of being killed by AC130? get Sam Turret and don't even worry about them. Jug perk? One SMAW and they are gone... Everything has been calculated quite well, except the BS Submachine Gun system need to be redone, i never think Akimbo is a good idea for fast-firing SMG, IW need to make the Akimbo a massive recoil when firing to balance this thing out. Co-op + Survival Mode are fun as hell, get yourself a bud and have fun. You gonna drink less and eat less because Survival Mode make you focus in the game more than making a crawler in Zombies mode and you have all the time in the world. That's is my word. I am not any fanboy. I play FPS, America's Army 3, ARMA II, Battlefield also and Call of Duty. But i just want to say one thing, be a real gamer, don't be such a kid to lie about the experience that you guys never had. Expand
  94. Nov 9, 2011
    This game offers everything cod gamers wanted, it runs smoove the campaign was awsome, the spec ops is so fun. the mp is balanced and fast paced, im enjoying this game its great.
  95. Nov 9, 2011
    First things first, I noticed alot of bad comments and reviews on this game. The funny thing is it looks all the same talking about the engine and gameplay and boring story. I highly doubt those people who reviewed the game did actually bought the game. Graphics: They haven't build a new engine for this game, instead they twitched the one they had on MW2. In my opinion its still dated andFirst things first, I noticed alot of bad comments and reviews on this game. The funny thing is it looks all the same talking about the engine and gameplay and boring story. I highly doubt those people who reviewed the game did actually bought the game. Graphics: They haven't build a new engine for this game, instead they twitched the one they had on MW2. In my opinion its still dated and look pretty good and maps are well designed. Ofcourse, I dont expect Infinity Ward to use it again in the future and build a new one.

Soundtracks: Brian Tyler did a great job here, nothing more special to say.

Single player: Still very entertaining and never made me get bored, also the time for completing the story took me a good 7 hours which is very good. However, as most people know the story is pretty much build with the same structure as MW2 and highly predictible.

The new survival mode has a similar gameplay as Killing Floor. You complete a wave, buy upgrades or weapons and start the next wave. I had alot of fun here so far on my own. I haven't tried multiplayer yet on survival mode.

Spec Ops, pretty much the same as MW2, it still does its job as expected.

Multiplayer: Very simular compared to MW2, new killstreaks that looks very cool, slightly changed UI, and more ballanced compared the its predecessors. Perks and weapon leveling are working very well together. Somehow the spawning system still keeps spawning you in front of an enemie sometimes, but much less than MW2.
    Alot of those unfair or really annoying killstreaks and perks are removed, which is good.
    Theater mode like the one from Black Ops does its job for me, I can finally review things I did in a game I played.

Conclusion: MW3 is absolutely not a bad game, but because of the lack of improvement of its predecessors its getting an 8 instead of a 10. Things to note if they make a new Call of Duty, a new engine is a MUST and a brand new story wouldn't harm the francise. Be creative Infinity Ward!

That concludes the review,
    warriorjan
  96. Nov 10, 2011
    I think it it a great game to be completely honest. I own every call of duty that has been released and I think it has always been an innovative series. I hate hearing "It's just like MW2" It is a sequel! I've had no bugs or crashes, BF3 bugs and crashes constantly! I think the story is moving, and MP is just fun! Fair enough, the graphics haven't come a long way, but I Infinity Ward hadI think it it a great game to be completely honest. I own every call of duty that has been released and I think it has always been an innovative series. I hate hearing "It's just like MW2" It is a sequel! I've had no bugs or crashes, BF3 bugs and crashes constantly! I think the story is moving, and MP is just fun! Fair enough, the graphics haven't come a long way, but I Infinity Ward had done a wonderful job with the engine they had. Who cares if it isn't quite as polished as BF3... at least it runs well, i don't end up staring at my desktop, and the SP campaign is actually fun and involving! Buy it! You won't regret it if you enjoyed any of the previous COD Games!!! Expand
  97. Nov 10, 2011
    i don`t know why the user revies are this bad. the game is awesome and after playing for about 4 hours i can say this is one of the best cod games. the campaign is average but the mp is a blast, as always. i love it.
  98. Nov 8, 2011
    This game is immense. I was never a fan of Modern Warfare 2, but everything has been improved in this game. The Single Player storyline is fun, and easy to follow. Less gimmicks and more realism compared to the previous games (Treyarch and Infinity Ward additions included). The Multiplayer, from the few hours I've played so far seems solid and balanced. Yes, the game has only been out 24This game is immense. I was never a fan of Modern Warfare 2, but everything has been improved in this game. The Single Player storyline is fun, and easy to follow. Less gimmicks and more realism compared to the previous games (Treyarch and Infinity Ward additions included). The Multiplayer, from the few hours I've played so far seems solid and balanced. Yes, the game has only been out 24 hours and there are niggles which will be addressed in future patches, so I'm not going to adjust my score with regard to them. Worth the £40/$60 price tag just for the London-based level alone. That was beautiful. Expand
  99. Nov 8, 2011
    I dont know why this game has had such horrible reviews. I think MW3 is what id expect after MW2. like did you really want it to change so much? Those companys like command and conquer who make a strategy game and change it into more of an rpg (no building for example) pissed alot of people off same with Dawn of War 2.

Ive played every call of duty game since CoD 1 and i cant find

Ive played every call of duty game since CoD 1 and i cant find anything wrong with MW3 the story is sort of here and there and doesnt hold your attention, i dont know about you guys but who gives a Sh@^ about the story, i just want some CoD action which i find this delivers. What are people expecting? some kinda revolutionary game upgrade like Avatar 3D did to the movie industry? common......the games the same as the others yes...and thank god. If MW3 changed, id be dissapointed. i think its a fun game, for a measly $60 ya its worth it....if you like FPS games

I havent tryed the multi-player so no comment on that.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 26 Critic Reviews

Thus, I can't recommend buying this unless you (still) like the fast pace, the customizable weaponry and the short matches, of about 10 minutes each. With the very important mention that, essentially, nothing has changed.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 20, 2012
    Stunning campaign with epic moments makes this third installment of Modern Warfare a great show with the best approach to players. No need to mention an excellent multiplayer. [Dec 2011]
  3. PC PowerPlay