7.1

1. Nov 27, 2018
    This is not a AAA made by a huge team. This is just a small group of people work of hope to keep a great franchise alive. Its not a perfect game and should be like $40, but there is nothing like this. Some might say its a dark souls clone...I disagree. This is a action adventure RPG hack and slash. Its like Soul Reaver mixed with God of War and more elements of RPG and i love it and wantThis is not a AAA made by a huge team. This is just a small group of people work of hope to keep a great franchise alive. Its not a perfect game and should be like $40, but there is nothing like this. Some might say its a dark souls clone...I disagree. This is a action adventure RPG hack and slash. Its like Soul Reaver mixed with God of War and more elements of RPG and i love it and want more games like this. Expand
  2. Nov 28, 2018
    I want to know which dev thought it was a good idea to switch genres partway through a series. I'm not here to argue whether or not dark souls is a good game, but I am going to argue that incorporating souls elements in your game to try and spice it up is a horrible idea. After a 6 year wait for another glorious hack and slash game where I can harness the power of the apocalypse I'mI want to know which dev thought it was a good idea to switch genres partway through a series. I'm not here to argue whether or not dark souls is a good game, but I am going to argue that incorporating souls elements in your game to try and spice it up is a horrible idea. After a 6 year wait for another glorious hack and slash game where I can harness the power of the apocalypse I'm sitting here with an offering that makes the main character feel like a balloon with razor blades taped all over it.

This is not a darksiders game, anyone defending the toxic souls elements in the game has no idea what a darksiders title should be.
  3. Nov 27, 2018
    This is one of my favourite franchise! I was waiting for this game since i passed the second part and i wanna say that that's very good restart of the series.
  4. Nov 27, 2018
    Darksiders 1 and 2 were a mix between Zelda and DMC. This time around the game tries to go it's own way and suffers for it. My biggest gripe is that there is no more dungeons in the game, that's right! The best thing about the old games are gone. Now the game is only a long hallway with some monsters in the way
  5. Aug 7, 2019
    Darksiders has been a rather unique and very fun series I held close to my heart since the first release, which is why I m so thoroughly dissapointed in the turn the long awaited 3rd part of the series took.

To begin with, the game looks as if it's from the previous decade. The epic heaven vs hell scope of the previous titles is rather missing, instead what you get is spider caves, lava caves, skeleton caves and ruined urban environments for most part.

To make matters worse, the game involves a LOT of backtracking in order to solve puzzles as you gain more abilities the more bosses you kill. This is something the previous titltes also did, but the difference here is that if you take into acount the large difficulty spike, it's pretty much a mandatory, mind-numbing procedure you ll have to do like 3-4 times in order to get enough levels and items to proceed in the game.

Onto the juicy part of combat now. Darksiders has always been a funny, arcadey hack and slash the likes of DMC, with puzzles to keep down the pace in between. For some reason however this time, the studio decided to pretty much rip off the Dark Souls formula(Death penalty, bonfires, extremely weak character that never gets to power trip etc) and apply it here. However, this is no easy task, and it shows.

The combat as a result feels very clunky. While no specific part is terrible, they all add up to it. The camera work is bad, hitboxes are bad, it feels like the game has some sort of input lag, you can't interrupt your attacks, and the only way you can protect yourself is through the dodge move. Dodge is also very problematic however. The iframes are tiny and combined with the spaz nature of bosses and enemies(multiple, fast attacks with little if any wind-up) makes for a very unpleasant experiance, espesially on the top difficulties.

Overall, a sad attempt at revitalising the series. Hopefully future developers will stick to their already tried and celebrated formulas instead of trying to rip-off other titles. And in the end, come on, there are already 5 souls titles out there, and even more clones of them, we don't need more...
  6. Jul 9, 2019
    Has lost its charm from Darksiders 1 and 2. Combat has been dumbed down for casuals and difficulty spikes are very soft. The sense of epic battles between divine creations is no longer there and you cannot help but feel the future of Hack and Slash games is just being cut down.

I feel sad about what they have done with this one.
  7. Jan 7, 2021
    By far the best game in the series, using Dark Souls style mechanics that were very challenging to master, but a lot of fun.

The control scheme they give you sucks, I changed mine more to Witcher 3 style (dodge using alt, sprint using shift) and that helped a lot. Story continues to add perspective to the overall series story as it takes place concurrently and it's not amazing but I really like the character Fury, she's well-written.
  8. Aug 13, 2020
    I am a fan of the franchise. At first i was not a friend of the "souls like" approuch of the game, but it is a fresh take on the formula. I liked the rogue like approach and that you didnt have a real main map and you had to find the way your self. riddles could have been better and mor like in darksiders 2.
  9. Feb 21, 2021
    Played it while it was on Xbox Game Pass. A very pleasant, albeit crooked game. I don't understand people who mix this game with **** Of course, like any slasher, this game is capable of strangling at some point. For me, it was the boss moment - Greed. And so in general, very useful mechanics, albeit an oblique slasher. So I recommend it.
  10. Jun 14, 2020
    Ótimo jogo pra quem gosta de ser desafiado com mecânicas de combate punitivas ao erro.
  11. Jun 19, 2020
    my favourite angels and demons rpg game alongside the previous darksiders games. the gameplay time is less than darksiders 2 but a bit harder and similar to dark souls. but overall i enjoyed playing it.
  12. Jul 13, 2020
    Es uno excelente juego si te gusta los hack'n slas pero su detalle como los cargas de pantalla la historia es bastante buena combate bueno
  13. Oct 13, 2020
    Top game
    Top story Top gameplay
    Top graphic
    really a nice game to pass the time
  14. Aug 24, 2020
    No, it's not as good as the first two. Even Genesis is way better. And I get why some people hated it at launch, but after the patches and bug fixes to let you play it more like past DS games, it's actually a lot of fun. For me the struggle was the focus on blocking and countering, but once I got that figured out, I enjoyed myself. Loved the art style, most of the dialogue works, and theNo, it's not as good as the first two. Even Genesis is way better. And I get why some people hated it at launch, but after the patches and bug fixes to let you play it more like past DS games, it's actually a lot of fun. For me the struggle was the focus on blocking and countering, but once I got that figured out, I enjoyed myself. Loved the art style, most of the dialogue works, and the boss fights are generally excellent. Good music, cool environments. Not much of a story, and heavy on the tropes...but this is Darksiders after all. Expand
  15. Sep 8, 2019
    Tried both on PS4 and PC

Ugliest combat / evade system in a 100+ people made gam... piece of garbage i have ever experienced in my entire life. Useless jumping animation. Rope jumping mechanics you will hate after the first boss fight No parry, no character customisation or different combat tactics like in Darksouls no flexible combat like DMC5 the worst of both worlds. Low budget
    Tried both on PS4 and PC

Low budget graphics and cut scenes.

Super ugly level design and stupid boss fights with unintuitive one hit kill area attacks you know are coming only after you die from each of them.

you better save your 60$

piece of trash 0 of 10
  16. Mar 23, 2020
    Tries too many things at once and ends up being mediocre at best in every regard. I thought the first few hours were actually pretty fun and was positively surprised, but the longer you keep playing, the more frustrating, annoying, confusing and repetitive it becomes. Not worth the time or money in my opinion.
  17. Sep 5, 2019
    Lazy storytelling, but its not the problem. Devs seem not to know how to create a fair learning curve. Besides that, the hack and slash part of the game is utterly boring. I wanted to like the game but unfortunately you feel the lazyness at every second. Maybe next time...
  18. Dec 20, 2020
    This game was a little different from the rest of darksiders game, but I liked it after a hour or two of playing it. It’s not the best of the series but it’s well worth playing
  19. Dec 17, 2020
    I am not a huge fan of the new combat system, it triggers me that i cannot rely of free movement for a faster paced play style, instead i am required to patiently wait the enemy's attacks for a timed dodged which gives a rewarding counter or just a precise dodge a little bit before you get hit, not only that but you cannot cancel out your attacks in the new game mode so you better chooseI am not a huge fan of the new combat system, it triggers me that i cannot rely of free movement for a faster paced play style, instead i am required to patiently wait the enemy's attacks for a timed dodged which gives a rewarding counter or just a precise dodge a little bit before you get hit, not only that but you cannot cancel out your attacks in the new game mode so you better choose classic, otherwise you cannot animation cancel and i don't know if everyone can adapt to that play style, i kind of tried but against my liking.
    All of that aside, great graphics and art as always, inspiring character development and the seven sins are more than just that one demon that we must take out, even the demon Abbraxis had some depth to him rather than just scream I'l kill you. Great cache of weaponry, you can unlock even more weapons than the default ones.
    Still thought it was annoying that i could only guard break with the force hollow and i did not find the Ice Stasis hollow useful for anything other than cheese some monsters and the storm hollow becomes useless near the end, and if the enemy is small you cant see for crap, so don't use it!
    As bosses, Gluttony, Pride, Envy second fight were really well designed boss fights with puzzle mechanics mixed together with great boss strategy and satisfaction, however Wrath and Lust make me quite skeptical, i think Wrath in his first phase was just annoying as he attacks minions like an idiot and keeps regenerating, in his second phase he is somewhat decent, Lust could have been better, but let's just add an angel mid fight to make it annoying instead of improving her mechanics, so whatever not bad fights but not great either, Avarice is just a dodging simulator as well as Wrath first fight, Envy first fight and Sloth as well, but it was a little better. Regarding Abbraxis, not a bad fight but not really that impressive for a "no other demon can match me".
    Not much else to add, regular monster fights are nothing special, the A.I's feel kinda generic and those knife throwing bastards are annoying as hell, a lot of recycled coloration on the monsters but who cares, at this point i feel like the game had a 3 month budget where they only put some thought into a few important things.
    I also grew to enjoy the upgrading system, it's simple but it feels nice, whatever it is you decide to do with your points and materials, still vastly inferior to the great system of Darksiders 2.
    The DLC is super cheap in it's content, it is only good to acquire new cooler looking weapons and the Crucible for rewards, i simply skipped it all cus i just wanted to get over with this game.
    Lastly, STAY AWAY FROM APOCALYPTIC DIFFICULTY.
  20. Dec 30, 2018
    Hardcore review.

Good art and sound. Level design and story is basic, but if you have good gameplay mechanics, that's forgivable... That's the problem - Darksiders III's combat mechanics are fundamentally broken. My background in similar games, briefly - Finished Dark Souls I, II, & III three times each. Finished Nioh's campaign +3. Played Monster Hunter World 200+ hours. Witcher
    Hardcore review.

My background in similar games, briefly - Finished Dark Souls I, II, & III three times each. Finished Nioh's campaign +3. Played Monster Hunter World 200+ hours. Witcher 3 twice. AC Origins and Odyssey once each. DMC 3 multiple times, DmC twice, and DMC 4 multiple times. I know what makes and breaks games like these. And no, this is not simply an issue of GITTING GUD.

Darksiders III wants to be Dark Souls, but it doesn't understand how to make a very hard game very fun.

Dueling and studying opponents. DSouls is all about dueling and studying enemies. It's all about learning your opponent's moves, circling each other, patiently waiting for an opportunity to strike. DSouls is decidedly slower. There's ample time to react. While the animations and sounds are rather visceral, damage is reasonable such that you can survive long enough to learn a thing or two about your opponent before dying. There are multiple ways to mitigate or even outright deny damage (dodge, parry, block). DSouls gets all the aforementioned elements right. But DSiders gets all these elements horribly wrong.

Let's break it down. First, too many DSider enemies cannot be lured away from their friends. This means you're constantly fighting multiple opponents at once. That would be fine, if you had the tools to properly deal with them. You don't. Next, damage. Moderately sized enemies can absolutely CHUNK your health bar, and kill you in 3-4 hits. Next, the stagger system. Fury (your character) will stagger against all attacks. It is entirely possible to be stun-locked for 2-3 seconds and die outright. One way to mitigate frustration over staggering in games is to implement a knock-back system (DMC, MHW, WIII, AC:O, etc.), where if the player takes a particularly powerful hit or too much damage in a short time, the player flies backward, with some i-frames. This helps kind of reset the battlefield, giving you a second to recollect yourself. There is no knockback system in place in DSiders, which seems like a really basic thing to add to a game where you're constantly facing high-damage mobs. Next, lacking tools to manage mobs. For example, Odyssey gives you CC abilities to help manage the battlefield. DMC allows you to juggle your opponents in the air to allow you to deal damage to a single target while keeping safe from most enemies. DSiders offers no inventive and fun ways to manage mobs. You have your basic combos, and power moves...and that's it. Next, mob attack cycles. In DSiders enemies seem to be programmed to attack as often as possible, and also when you attack them (I've tested this second behavior thoroughly). On paper this doesn't sound so bad, but when you factor in the damage levels, the stagger system, and the lack of player tools, what you have is a frustrating stunlock mess. A game that handled this well is Nier: Automata. Enemies could attack you whenever they want, BUT there was a red flash in their eyes indicating it was time for you to dodge. At first this seems like hand-holding, but when you factor in the sheer number of enemies on-screen, attack-warnings are only fair. DSiders has no attack-warnings. Next, attack speed. Enemies attack FAST in this game. To make matters worse, the same enemy will have 2-3 different combos with different wind-up times. DSiders should have taken a page from Nier if they wanted attack speeds to be this unforgiving. Otherwise, they should have mimicked DSouls attack speeds, specially since you are swarmed more often in DSiders. Next, the nerfed dodge mechanic. DSiders II dodge was too powerful; it was 3 successive short leaps. This time they nerfed it to the ground, making it a single dash, with a LONG recovery time between dashes. This does not at all synergize with how often mobs attack. Next, perfect evade reward. In Nier, perfect evade = a free attack on enemies. In DSiders, you can get hit during the free attack, leaving you with literally NO OPTIONS to attack safely.

Taking each element individually, it all seems fine...but when you put it all together you get the mechanical mess that is Darksiders III. All in all the game gives you very, very little opportunity to study your opponents per life. A full health bar is 3-4 hits, and each potion gives you 1-2 hits of HP back. All in all you can take about ~8 hits total before dying. Remember that getting stunlocked is commonplace in this game, so one hit can easily lead to another 3-4 hits in succession. You die very often, and learn so very little per death. Even after learning so much, you realize so much of the game is very random because of how you and the mobs work. Victory is less about mastery, and more about luck. Luck-reliance is a sign of a VERY bad game.

Stay away. RIP Darksiders franchise.
  21. Mar 24, 2019
    I was excited when Darksiders 3 was announced. I enjoyed the first 2 and i was hoping that the 3rd installment of the series would be at least as good or maybe even improve on the formula. What i got instead was disappointment.

The combat system (the meat of the game) feels off. The only way i can describe it is that it feels like input lag. Fury just does not want to do what i tell her to do when i give the command.
    The dodge, which is the only defensive measure you have, is kinda a useless. There are a bunch of trash mobs who have attacks that have a bigger range than the dodge itself. For example, there are these skeletons armed with swords, if you dodge back they can through their swords at you and they get the hit.
    I googled the issues i was having with the dodge and it seems that this is how it was designed. One person said that when fighting one on one it's just much better to stand in front of them spamming attacks and when they prepare to hit time your dodge to get the counter attack. It works and makes the game less frustrating but it means that you will be fighting by pressing 2 buttons with minimal skill required, just learn to time the dodge (ofc it does not work when fighting a group).
    There are a lot of enemies who can just parry your attacks mid-combo and there is nothing you can do about it (you can try a charged attack to break defense but in the time it takes to charge they hit back). You can't lock enemies in place with the combo, they either parry or just simply strike back and damage you, making combos kinda pointless.
    Fighting a group is annoying as heck, the camera is to close to the character and you don't have enough visibility to be aware on what's going on behind you. There are off screen hit indicators but they are kinda useless, they only show the direction where the attack will come from but do not give any type of indication of what type of attack it is (is it someone with a sword or some archer in the back of the pack?) and they do not change colors when the attack is initiated.
    If you get cough between a mob and the wall you are screwed as they seem to be able to combo you to infinity (or until you die) and the game likes to put you in small corridors or rooms to fight in (the joy!).
    It also has this thing where it hides mobs behind corners or crates so they can just jump at you to get a few free hits without giving you the possibility to protect yourself unless you already know that they are there (they are like jump-scares).

The story is bland and not interesting. It tries to elicit some emotion from the player but honestly i do not care for Fury and the issues she is facing.

What i like about the game is the hollows system (4 powers/weapons you obtain along the way). Why i like it? Don't know, i just think that is probably the best mechanic in the game, it doesn't do much with it but there is something there.

Overall this game is a disappointment and i would not recommend it to others.
  22. May 13, 2019
    The controls are one of the worst I've ever played with. Tried with both controller and Mouse/Keyboard for a few hours each but nothing got better.
    Visually it's pretty nice but bad controls are a game killer for me. If you have EA origin Access feel free to try it, if not save your money
  23. Jan 20, 2019
    I love the Drk Sdrs series and pre-ordered this one. After it was d/l and installed i was hyped ... then it all went wrong. I wasn't able to see anything after the title screen. I had to downgrade my TV settings to make the game playable. And i am not talking about dg from 4k to 1080p i have just a reg run of the mill flat screen. and i stopped playing after the first few areas. Drk SdrsI love the Drk Sdrs series and pre-ordered this one. After it was d/l and installed i was hyped ... then it all went wrong. I wasn't able to see anything after the title screen. I had to downgrade my TV settings to make the game playable. And i am not talking about dg from 4k to 1080p i have just a reg run of the mill flat screen. and i stopped playing after the first few areas. Drk Sdrs 2 was so much better in every way, including graphics. Expand
  24. Nov 30, 2018
    I love Darksiders. That is why my score is so high. Before D3 I played remastered versions, and I think they look better than D3. And that is a dick move THQ! Overall - I enjoyed it quite, but I can see a lot's of impovements need to be done (both - aestetic, and gameplay!)
  25. May 30, 2019
    It has nothing to do with Darksiders.. Just call it something else and don't scam people and sell it as an established franchise just to mislead Darksiders gamers into buying this cheap thing.. you'll find people who like those kinda games so there's no need to be dishonest about it.. I would never buy another THQ Nordic game.
  26. Jan 24, 2019
    I've Played it on PS4, with patch 1.05, must say i was surprised in both ways ..
    The Good :
    - Level design is genius in all aspects, it's beautiful, it has many secret paths and connections to other paths you couldn't access before as you progress with your abilities (just like Darksiders1), each way you took before can open up to completely another direction. - The combat is really
    The Good :
    - The combat is really fun, i don't know what the fuzz on the "Dark Souls ripoff", it's not trying to be Dark Souls and it ain't that hard, it's actually pretty f***ing good.
    - Lore is appealing as you progress the game, finally they take it back to demons vs angels, on top of that add conspiracy against the horsemen, and the charred council of course, its a real delight.
    - Abilities , Fury's abilities & weapons are so fun and refreshing, each ability has certain strong points and value to your progress, while they are really differ one from each other, that also applies to the weapons.

The Bad :
    - Fury is a bit flat character, at the beginning she acts like an angry child with no reason and mature, nor she has sympathy to the whole picture and her fellow horsemen (War especially).
    when her character changes and grow with the progression of the game, i like the change but still it looks like a lazy writing, as you don't see the reasons and logic for the change she's having,
    - Unpolished game, the performance is very poor, frame rate drops goes with you almost all the time, there is no reason for that, there are much more detailed games that runs smoothly on PS4, it actually looks like a PS3 game and steel it struggles.
    sound has hiccups in certain occasions and bosses,
    also in certain segments the game pause to load the next segment, that kinnda ruins a bit the experience.

Final words, War was my favorite horseman, but now without a doubt it's fury, a great game, very enjoyable and worth your time, without the performance issues the game would have much higher scores from critics.
    With 20 hours of playtime with patch 1.05, i've encountered 4-6 minor bugs, and the game didn't crush even once, so it seems to me like a stable worthy version.
  27. Dec 3, 2018
    What a shame that they made a darksouls game within darksiders universe, completely cutting off some core aspects from previous games. My tought about this game after completing it with all of the secret fights and locations

CONS: no D U N G E O N S no character statistics - we've only got hp/whiteDMG/ArcaneDMG. Like, seriously? no mob level indicator - you can come across something

CONS:
    no D U N G E O N S
    no mob level indicator - you can come across something out of your league without even knowing it
    no armor - "base armor" tab duh, coming soon™ with DLC?
    no all the items other than simplified upgrades, few (mostly worthless) consumables and "chests" with currency

now about the fights / gameplay:
    can't block or parry - most of the time it's about rolling around enemies. Could be assumed that THQ considered Fury to be a fragile (as stereotypical) woman who uses dodge instead of clashing weapons with enemies, as opposed to her bulky brothers
    there aren't many opponents, instead they are tough
    controls are really terrible, sometimes you can't dodge because of bad mapping, or instead from hitting the tube with whip, Fury will perform midair combo and fall down to the death because why not
    3 mobs can easily chain stuns/pushback on you - which results in the most (annoying) important part
    2-3 opponents will easily kick your ass, and 4+ is guaranteed death with mobs on the same or higher level than our character.

PROS:
    World is cramped and small as compared to DS 1 or 2, but the way it's connected between different biomes is sensational.
    I've completed it only because of nostalgia from previous parts, at least the story is oddly satisfying, with an open ending for a DLC or smthn

That's not a Darksiders game anymore, cutting essential parts of the game and assuming that people wanted a darksouls clone wasn't a good idea.
  28. Dec 15, 2018
    Good enough game, I played in difficult mode, i found it challenging and fun. I enjoyed it. It is low budget and needs a lot of improvements, but it is playable and if you are a fan, worth.

-Music is great in some moments. -I liked character and stage design. Not an open world (yes, that is a pro for me in this case). There is no map, made me enjoy exploration and memorisation. There

-Music is great in some moments.
    -I liked character and stage design. Not an open world (yes, that is a pro for me in this case). There is no map, made me enjoy exploration and memorisation. There are two or three puzzles that will make you think you are dumb. But when you manage solve it, oh man, that is satisfactory.
    -No combos (bad). That could be better, but the other two games were almost the same in this aspect.
    -Mechanics are simple. But I liked not finding useless garbage in each corner. There are a few items and all are usefull.
    -Story was just okay, has a couple of surprises.

I am waiting with interest for the next chapter. With a little more funds, It only could go better.
  29. Nov 27, 2018
    Nice game! I loved 1 and 2 and I love this even more. Considering the size of the team, and that I can play this game fully offline and no microtransactions this game is perfect.
  30. Dec 5, 2018
    In a way similar to Lords of the Fallen - your opinion on this game is entirely dependent on your expectations. If you expect the same level of narrative and gameplay brilliance as Dark Souls you may dismiss Darksiders 3. But if you want just an entertaining and engaging Souls-like romp with solid level design and surprisingly tight combat you'll have a ton of fun with this game (maybeIn a way similar to Lords of the Fallen - your opinion on this game is entirely dependent on your expectations. If you expect the same level of narrative and gameplay brilliance as Dark Souls you may dismiss Darksiders 3. But if you want just an entertaining and engaging Souls-like romp with solid level design and surprisingly tight combat you'll have a ton of fun with this game (maybe wait for a sale though, the full AAA price is probably the only major problem with Darksiders 3). Journalists, as per usual, completely failed judging this game fairly. Expand
  31. Dec 20, 2018
    Considering that this game didnt have a huge budget, the result is pretty solid and nicely done. I am a huge darksiders fan and i really like the story. They completely changed the combat compared to the second game and now it is more like a Darksouls game. I also like Darksouls, so i dont have a problem with that. The combat feels fluent most of the time but it needs some tweaking inConsidering that this game didnt have a huge budget, the result is pretty solid and nicely done. I am a huge darksiders fan and i really like the story. They completely changed the combat compared to the second game and now it is more like a Darksouls game. I also like Darksouls, so i dont have a problem with that. The combat feels fluent most of the time but it needs some tweaking in general. I didnt encounter any major bugs, but the performance is sometimes really bad. How anyone can release a game in 2018 without supporting 144Hz is beyond me. At some point in the game i triggered a cutscene and it locked my framerate to 30... What?
    Other than that, im looking forward to Darksiders 4.
  32. Nov 30, 2018
    Thought its not the best of the series, yet it is still a good game overall.
    The worst part about the game is that it copied a lot from Dark Souls series, and most of the copied things are done worse than they are done in Souls games themsleves, and this is anyways a huge mistake because DarkSiders was and should always be a pure hack n slash game.
    Also puzzles are not as good at the
    Thought its not the best of the series, yet it is still a good game overall.

Also puzzles are not as good at the previous Dark Siders games.
  33. Nov 27, 2018
    Отличная игра,которая затянула меня на многие часы.
    Спасибо THQ Nordic!
  34. Nov 29, 2018
    graphics are good
    story is good
    gameplay is god
    level design is good
    it is really easy to like this game, it deserves some love
  35. Dec 6, 2018
    I just finished the game and i have to say it was really good. The controls were extremely smooth and Fury played exceptionally well. The Game is more difficult than the first 2 but with the most recent patch they fixed some of the difficulty issues and made it easier to dodge. The fast travel system is way simpler and improved compared to the 1st and 2nd games. The linearity is justI just finished the game and i have to say it was really good. The controls were extremely smooth and Fury played exceptionally well. The Game is more difficult than the first 2 but with the most recent patch they fixed some of the difficulty issues and made it easier to dodge. The fast travel system is way simpler and improved compared to the 1st and 2nd games. The linearity is just right so that if you are willing to explore you can be rewarded for doing so with new enhancements or items to upgrade your weapons and enhancements. I found the game to be the right length for its price and what it offers.

Good Smooth combat, nice world which exploring is rewarding and all around great experience and the story was also pretty good. The RPG system is simple and easy to pick up and overall a great experience.

The bad is that there is no new game plus which would be really nice, also I wish there was a world map where you could see your position in the world and the positions of the sins. The other thing is that i missed one of the sins and i think a world map would have solved the issue of finding the missing sin.(for me it was sloth)
    Id give it an 8 because its really solid not the best in the series but was really fun and offered a nice challenge but i think they should add a world map function if they continue to update it because it would fix a ton of the navigation issues when missing a sin. definitely worth being called a darksiders game.

(side note)
    got to give huge credit to the developers for listening and making adjustment real quick especially with this last patch
  36. Dec 5, 2018
    The positives for Darksiders 3 far outweigh the negatives. A great combat system, soundtrack and difficulty that challenges you in a way that makes you feel like you're progressing with every time a boss kills you. The problem is that this difficulty makes normal enemies far harder then they should be making it frustrating to get to the boss. The next complain is that the story has notThe positives for Darksiders 3 far outweigh the negatives. A great combat system, soundtrack and difficulty that challenges you in a way that makes you feel like you're progressing with every time a boss kills you. The problem is that this difficulty makes normal enemies far harder then they should be making it frustrating to get to the boss. The next complain is that the story has not been as engaging as in the first or second Darksiders game. It starts very slowly and makes an attempt to pick up pace in the latter stage of the game but as things become very interesting the game ends. This has not been a game made by a AAA team which excuses the story in some part. With a new team making Darksiders, the game shows great potential for future games. Expand
  37. Nov 27, 2018
    Really enjoyable in the most of the aspects. (playability, history and characters). I can´t understand the unfair critics.
  38. Nov 29, 2018
    Need a patch that will remove the Dark Souls elements. In the previous parts, it was possible to destroy a Legion without any problems, here 2-4 average enemy kill you in a few seconds, and okay bosses, but ordinary enemies...
    Story is interesting, but the gameplay is terrible.
  39. Dec 12, 2018
    دوستان عزیزم خواهش می کنم گول نمرات Darksiders III را نخورید و خودتان را از تجربه آن محروم نکنید، هر چند که می دانم عاقل تر از این حرف ها هستید و دیروز در پست نمرات بازی دیدم که اکثر شما چقدر خوب و درست در مورد بازی و نمراتش نظرتان را گفته بودید و خوشبختانه انگار دارد کم کم گول خوردن بازیبازان کشورمان از امتیاز متای یک بازی کمتر می شود و خیلی هوشیارتر شده ایم مخصوصا با تعداد زیاد سایت هایدوستان عزیزم خواهش می کنم گول نمرات Darksiders III را نخورید و خودتان را از تجربه آن محروم نکنید، هر چند که می دانم عاقل تر از این حرف ها هستید و دیروز در پست نمرات بازی دیدم که اکثر شما چقدر خوب و درست در مورد بازی و نمراتش نظرتان را گفته بودید و خوشبختانه انگار دارد کم کم گول خوردن بازیبازان کشورمان از امتیاز متای یک بازی کمتر می شود و خیلی هوشیارتر شده ایم مخصوصا با تعداد زیاد سایت های عجیب و غریب که به متا راه پیدا کرده اند و هر چه دلشان می خواهند می گویند و هر نمره ای که میخواهند می دهند و توضیحش را هم نمی دهند که چرا؟ همان طور که قبل تر نیز خدمت شما عرض کردم اگر بخواهم بهترین جمله را به طور خلاصه در مورد Darksiders III بگویم این است که ” Darksiders III بهترین و لذتبخش ترین ترکیب ممکن از بازی اول و دوم سری است که چندین ساعت با گیم پلی جذاب، مبارزات چالش برانگیز، سلاح ها و Hollow های بسیار جذاب فیوری و دنیای پیچیده و پر از رمز و رازش شما را سرگرم می کند.” پس زیاد منتظر نمانید و در کنار فیوری سوار Rampage شده و به مبارزه با ۷ گناه اصلی بروید، تازه از این نظر بازی ثواب هم دارد! فقط ببخشید که بازی بتل رویال ندارد وگرنه احتمالا جای این نمرات الان بازی سال می شد! Expand
  40. Dec 4, 2018
    If you are going to copy from dark souls than at least get the controller mapping right. Not possible to remap controller. Unplayable
  41. Nov 29, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Impressed that THQ were able to pull this off with such a small dev team. If you enjoy games with challenges and rewards this game is great! 10/10 Expand
  42. Dec 1, 2018
    Everyone who says that the game is bad simply never played a real slasher. This game is not about spam X button anymore, you need to (omg) THINK, it has a well-developed and not forgiving but honest combat system. If you are casual gamer just set easy mode.
    So, what we have:
    Beautiful lokations, Good soudtrack, gorgeous animations and effects, good parkour and level design. Honestly
    So, what we have:
    Honestly best Daksiders game.
  43. Nov 29, 2018
    My game of the year. Except for things in technology such as the weak and sometimes breaking a performance, after uploading textures at the turn of the screen and a boss who has made with personally really not fun, this game is super. Can it be as souls lite with Metroidvania elements describe very well. The story, the gameplay, the cutscenes are very good. Hardly a game tied up this yearMy game of the year. Except for things in technology such as the weak and sometimes breaking a performance, after uploading textures at the turn of the screen and a boss who has made with personally really not fun, this game is super. Can it be as souls lite with Metroidvania elements describe very well. The story, the gameplay, the cutscenes are very good. Hardly a game tied up this year so me like this, even if it was unfortunately after 10 hours at my end. Not to schwern for each of dark souls but as fordernt feels (so no casual players), like abwechslunsreiches and action-packed gameplay, value sets a well-thought-out and motivating story, happy with this game. There's also a story mode for casual players, which should be too heavy according to rumors. Can I not judge because I've played on balanced, and felt this difficulty as pleasant.

Deutsch:

Mein Spiel des Jahres. Bis auf kleinigkeiten bei der Technik wie die schwache und teils einbrechende Performance, nachladende Textures beim drehen des Bildschirmes und einen Boss der mit persönlich wirklick keinen Spaß gemacht hat, ist dieses Spiel Super. Man kann es als Souls lite mit Metroidvania elementen sehr gut beschreiben. Die Story, das Gameplay, die Zwischensequenzen sind sehr gut. Kaum ein Spiel hat mich dieses Jahr so gefesselt wie dieses, auch wenn es leider nach 10 Stunden bei mir schluss war. Für jeden der Dark Souls nicht zu schwern sondern als fordernt empfindet (also keine Casual spieler), abwechslunsreiches und actionreiches gameplay mag, Wert auf eine durchdachte und motivierende Story legt, wird mit diesem Spiel glücklich. Ausserdem gibt es auch einen Story Modus für Casual Spieler, welcher laut gerüchten zu schwer sein soll. Kann ich nicht beurteilen, da ich auf ausgeglichen gespielt habe, und diese Schwierigkeitsstufe als angenehm empfand.

Ps. Auf Groß- und Kleinschreibung wurde kein Wert gelegt.
  44. Nov 27, 2018
    Runs really well in pc. The command is a mix between dmc and darksouls. The level design similar to dark souls/metroid where you have huge area with lots of huge location.
  45. Nov 28, 2018
    Mixed feelings about this.

They took a very safe route , It does everything but doesn't excell at anything,understandable,given what happened to THQ and their budget,atleast we got a sequel. The game itself is good,although the camera can be wonky sometimes. It has a dreadfull start,untill you learn the combat (around when you get the second power,the Lightning Sword),after that,the
    Mixed feelings about this.

The game itself is good,although the camera can be wonky sometimes. It has a dreadfull start,untill you learn the combat (around when you get the second power,the Lightning Sword),after that,the game gets better an better,the other abilities are much more enjoyable than the whip and the fire ability.

Qutie hard to predict the enemies sometimes .

Also,no checkpoint before entering boss room.
    Why?

I don't mind it not being so much open world as long as they can tell a good story and still have a good atmosphere.

As a sequel in a story viewpoint?Yeah,it does everything needed to continue the story in a normal way. Nothing bad here,but in a gameplay standpoint well...Let's just say Darksiders 2 is the better here.

Respect for the company still trying to make this game,I can see they want to make another darksiders with stirfe,I hope they sell enough for it.

Game is not perfect but it's good enough.Hope patches will fix some of the camera bugs.
  46. Nov 28, 2018
    compared to the first and the second, this has nothing to do, impossible monsters, chekpoint absurd, graphic from 10 years ago, boring and repetitive.
  47. Nov 30, 2018
    Where is the tree of pumping and talent? Where are the beautiful large-scale locations and music? Change of armor? Oh yeah in DARKSIDERS II......
    I don’t understand the new fashion to call a slasher a game where on the screen a maximum of 3 monsters that easily give you **** cuts by 40% hp, Alien Shooter is more a slasher than everyone in the last couple of years playing games with such a genre in the title. When I buy a slasher, I want to mow down hundreds of enemies and die from a thousand, and not jumping around two crabs 10 times stronger than me is just dumber.
  48. Nov 27, 2018
    This is a good game, and there are advantages and disadvantages in it, but aren't there any games? This review reflects my personal experience and gaming experience. Let's start with the fact that I really like the theme of the seven deadly sins, but perhaps it was this that the authors of Darksiders III bought me) But I also like the visual style of the game, the level design, simpleThis is a good game, and there are advantages and disadvantages in it, but aren't there any games? This review reflects my personal experience and gaming experience. Let's start with the fact that I really like the theme of the seven deadly sins, but perhaps it was this that the authors of Darksiders III bought me) But I also like the visual style of the game, the level design, simple opponents, and the deadly sins are great! The weapon of the main heroine of Fury is a whip, it feels very good, the impact from the battle of opponents is felt, and the innovation in terms of dodging is rather unusual and sometimes difficult, but this is a matter of habit! I also want to add that the waiting time was not in vain, the new game on the modern engine is vigorously felt and has a great right to life. Slightly upset saving on checkpoints at certain points, and at death can sometimes be very far back and have to collect lost souls in battle and kill the same mobs on the way to the goal! The game is a good advise to all lovers of this series and slashers in general! Expand
  49. Nov 27, 2018
    when I played this game and Then saw the GameSpot review I just laughed (SHAME ON YOU GameSpot)
    This game is exactly What a Darksiders game should be. It is similar to previous games and also makes us have a new experience
    epic music , Artistic design and the story are so awesome. in addition Gameplay is the best part of this game. It is such as Dark Souls series is difficult (of
    epic music , Artistic design and the story are so awesome.
    in addition Gameplay is the best part of this game. It is such as Dark Souls series is difficult (of course less than it) and Hardcore Gamers love it.
    so play this game and fight with Seven deadly sins and do the right thing for one time in your life D:
  50. Nov 28, 2018
    Very like Dark Souls game, but more colorful world and have nice story to keep you continue your journey.
  51. Nov 30, 2018
    + A good exploration of lore, plot isn't bad, main character and her changes during the game, good dark souls mechanics, clever leveldesigne, some cool bosses, awesome style not inferior to the previous DS games, pleasant end twist preparing for sequel.
    - A lot of really DISHONEST mechanics of enemies and some bosses (gluttony first phase for example). This is what that game designers really should fix if they want to make souls-like game. Max difficulty can disappoint with this mechanics. And some frustrating puzzles, as always.
    Love whole Darksiders franchise and like this game too.
  52. Dec 5, 2018
    Great game, hoping for a sequal, Gunfire Games proving they can make a Triple A game without issues on launch, better than fallout 76 bugthesda fest, no Lootboxes, 10/10
  53. Dec 20, 2018
    I don't understand where all this bad marks come from, it was a great game, I loved the level design, a semi-openworld with no **** to reach your objective, a perfect transition for the Darksiders games. I played on pc there were some shuttering and some drop, but i thought it was my machine.
    No bug found on my playthrough. The only "sin" of this game is the lack of new game plus.
    You

You can't tell me the semi-underwater level isn't genius!
  54. Dec 7, 2018
    Un buen juego. No se por que dicen que no es Hack and Slash. Si lo es, varios enemigos, varias armas y estilos, varios combos, los jefes son excelentes. La mayor diferencia y creo que es lo que molesta a la gente, es que el juego es más difici que un hack and slash promediol. Por eso ya lo comparan con Dark Souls, pero la verdad no son ni el mismo género de videojuego. Lo que no me gusta,Un buen juego. No se por que dicen que no es Hack and Slash. Si lo es, varios enemigos, varias armas y estilos, varios combos, los jefes son excelentes. La mayor diferencia y creo que es lo que molesta a la gente, es que el juego es más difici que un hack and slash promediol. Por eso ya lo comparan con Dark Souls, pero la verdad no son ni el mismo género de videojuego. Lo que no me gusta, es la cámara y los chekpoints, detalles. El juego es muy disfrutable. Recuerda que es un juego sin micro-transacciones y eso es mucho hoy por hoy. Expand
  55. Dec 4, 2018
    вообще,я очень люблю эту серию игр.Всегда нравился лор,сами персонажы,механика.Да и годных хак энд слэш кроме ДМС и Гов было мало.Вообщем дарк соулс одна из моих любимых игр вообще и мне понравилась в Darksiders 3 этот закос, под стиль дарика но лучше бы конечно оставили чекпоинты возле босса,или недалеко от места,где тебя убили,а то просто иногда очень сука долго бежать.Раздражает.Ну ивообще,я очень люблю эту серию игр.Всегда нравился лор,сами персонажы,механика.Да и годных хак энд слэш кроме ДМС и Гов было мало.Вообщем дарк соулс одна из моих любимых игр вообще и мне понравилась в Darksiders 3 этот закос, под стиль дарика но лучше бы конечно оставили чекпоинты возле босса,или недалеко от места,где тебя убили,а то просто иногда очень сука долго бежать.Раздражает.Ну и боевка=Press x to win-это тоже не хорошо,но игруха конечно зашла.Будем ждать 4 часть про Раздора. Expand
  56. Dec 2, 2018
    A solid game with very interesting design choices which make it quite unique compared to the previous two in the series, and that's why it's so good, as well.

Darksiders 1 was a "Zelda meets God of War" or something along those lines, with a bit of Devil May Cry there as well, for good measure, and it's a great game, for sure, especially for its time. Darksiders 2 took the Darksiders

Darksiders 2 took the Darksiders formula, and gave it an interesting spin, expanding the levels and making it look pseudo open world, but the areas didn't really feel organically connected, at least not completely; still, it was a very good game as well, and the combat received an incredible boost both in flashiness and skill combinations. On top of that, a loot system more like a "Diablo style" game, not to that extent, but with different item qualities and upgrade systems similar to those found in some loot based ARPGs. Not bad, a nice mixture of things I love, so yeah, that was also an excellent game.

Come the present day and we have Darksiders 3 here and man, they did it again. Gunfire revived a once thought "lost" franchise and built an excellent game, once again, since most of the developers already worked on the previous games, and it's quite obvious.

What I love the most in this game is the whole world, it's completely (and that's a true 100%) interconnected in a seamless way, something the previous games didn't do to the same extent, for technical reasons I suppose. This game feels more metroidvania than the previous ones, as in navigating the world is, in itself, something crucial and part of the gameplay and general enjoyment of the game. You will learn how the levels are connected, because you will have to go back to most if not all of the areas you've visited, in several occasions. The more new skills and goodies you unlock, the newer paths and ways to explore and get better loot you will find.

This game doesn't have the same loot system than DS2, it's more similar to that of DS1, as in you have your main weapon, secondary ones and some special ones received via power ups (your Hollows). You will upgrade both your weapons and some especial items called enhancements, that you'll want to socket into any of your weapons, all of them can carry one of these powerful enhancements, each one coming with a nice active ability, and then a passive one which will be active even if you never use that weapon, which is pretty handy and makes up for the lack of skill tree which was present in DS2, a little bit.

That, combined with stat point distribution when you level up (via the same soul system used in the previous games to buy stuff from our old pal Vulgrim), allows to make some interesting builds suited to your preferred play style; you can go full physical damage, arcane which is cool if you are good at landing those perfect dodges and the counters that follow (massive damage if building full arcane, I tell you), be very tanky if you want with a bigger health pool...or just go hybrid and play the way you want, mixing things up.

The combat is very, very responsive, with sufficient combos and skill combinations when mixing up normal (whip) with hollow attacks (equivalent to the strong attack in previous games, or the other equipped weapon in DS1/2), the use of wrath to do a super powered up move which varies depending on the current active hollow power and last but not least...the Havoc form, which is like chaos and death transformations from DS1/2. Everything is there, and it's good, very good, it's one of the most fluid combat systems I've played in a long, long time.

This is all from my own experience, after 30 hours playing with mouse and keyboard. The game could be improved a little with some minor quality of life stuff when it comes to keyboard keybinds, minor things like hold to lock-on, which only works on gamepad (but the normal lock toggle does work) and things like that. Still pretty playable for me, just like the previous two games which I also completed with mouse and keyboard only.

Overall, I have to say that I don't really understand why some reviewers (talking about the professional ones especially) gave this game such low scores, like they didn't even try to play the game properly or something? Did they play the previous ones? Complaints about "it's like Darksouls, don't like it" are absolutely ridiculous: the only thing in common with those series is the difficulty, at least on Challenging and Apocalyptic, and perhaps the level design which is pretty interconnected, and we have no map whatsoever. That's where the comparisons with Darksouls should end, because the rest of the game is not like those games, at all, it's a Darksiders game, unique on its own, even compared to the previous ones; You can find things in common with its predecessors, but also new stuff that has been very cleverly designed, in my opinion.

Overall, an excellent Darksiders game, which revitalizes the franchise in a good way.
  57. Dec 2, 2018
    Awesome game! . Good story, good game-play, Loved the vfx. Keep up the good work!
    Graphics was good but can improve further, The Npc humans' face specially.
    The only thing that irritated me sometimes is that once i died at some place far away from save-point I had to go through the entire thing again,fighting the waves of monster, just because I couldn't time a single move properly and died.
  58. Jan 9, 2019
    Вязкое управление, тупая камера, тупая система чекпоинтов, непонятная механика уклонения, непонятен жанр, вроде слэшер был, а тут dark souls. После 15 минут игры продолжать нет никакого желания.
  59. Jan 5, 2020
    Love the game, finally I could play it after waiting for so long. yes it is harder than the previous 2 but if you manage to hold on til you get abit more powerful and gain new powers you will love it.

Just hang in there and the game will feei very rewarding.
  60. Dec 21, 2018
    This Game adds, a TRUE Apocalyptic Difficulty, it is noticeable that the budget for the game was mostly cut down, by a lot. But man, i havent had such a hard on after i defeated a boss since a while ago, specially when Darksouls III was a bad copypasta of the first two, with more mainstream elements iugh.
  61. Nov 28, 2018
    I'm loving it. Yep, it may be not as good as the first two but don't forget this is a low budget game developed by a small group of people. The art is different without Madureira but still beautiful and pretty solid to me. Fury design is lit and I love the combat mechanics and combos.
    I hope this sells well. They deserve it.
  62. Nov 29, 2018
    Voice acting is monotonous. The game has polish, but the game mechanics are simple and uninspiring. The story is average and predictable. Meh.
  63. Nov 28, 2018
    I can't honestly say what the devs were thinking.. This is a disgrace to DS1 & 2. A greedy or inexperienced move to target the fanbase of Darksoul 3 years too late; with no regards to the existing one. Speaking of soul; DS3 has none. Where DS1 was a revelation for me; where I love the artstyle, lore and gameplay of the 1 & 2, DS3 decapitates their spirit and sh*t on their corpse. Any scoreI can't honestly say what the devs were thinking.. This is a disgrace to DS1 & 2. A greedy or inexperienced move to target the fanbase of Darksoul 3 years too late; with no regards to the existing one. Speaking of soul; DS3 has none. Where DS1 was a revelation for me; where I love the artstyle, lore and gameplay of the 1 & 2, DS3 decapitates their spirit and sh*t on their corpse. Any score above average are darksoul fanboys and/or do not take into account DS1 and 2. The gameplay has nothing on the variety and fun feel of the other opus; nor is the story. The checkpoint and difficulty is ridiculous (I mean, which game in 2018 will literally RESTART to the beginning if you die at the FIRST boss !?!?!? To me this is insane.) This garbage will kill the Darksiders franchise and it goes down in the worst way possible. Despite everything the project may have go through, I shame the directors and producers of this piece of crap.. :'( Expand
  64. Nov 30, 2018
    A good game/ok Darksiders game

A good game/ok Darksiders game

Darksiders 3 is a really good game but falls short on aspect we know and love from the Darksiders series. Almost all the elements are there to make it right good combat, new and interesting character, a story that not only satisfies but expands the Darksiders universe and the look and feel except for one part, the Zelda style puzzles. Don’t get me wrong they are still in this game but so far and in between that you can notice the miss opportunity they had to make it great. With Fury’s abilities and how they change not just combat but how she interacts with this world it makes you wonder why there isn’t more puzzles like the previous games. There is a clear inspiration from Dark Souls in this game, but it blends in nicely with the combat in my opinion. Betting it in the challenging difficulty was tedious at first but as you progress and get more upgrades and understand the combat more it gets easier.

In conclusion, I enjoy Darksiders 3 a lot and it continues to show the developers are inspired by many great games and put it in a very interesting world. It’s sad to see the Zelda inspiration less in this installment but their approach was nothing short then great.
  65. Dec 10, 2018
    I've played both Darksiders 1 and 2, and enjoyed both of them.

I really enjoyed Darksiders 3 as well, thoroughly recommend it to anyone.
  66. Dec 13, 2018
    A fitting sequel to the second one, it has addictive combat and excellent lore. Loved it and the company should be proud, more games should be fan centric like this. Try this game before judging.
  67. Dec 18, 2018
    A non-indie game that must be rated like an indie game. IMO (and because it's the only one I played until the end this year) Darksiders III is far better than Celeste or Deadcells. Fury is a new unknown original main character and she needs more explanations than War or Death (everybody knows what is War and what is Death). We discover her layers fighting the Seven Sins as much as sheA non-indie game that must be rated like an indie game. IMO (and because it's the only one I played until the end this year) Darksiders III is far better than Celeste or Deadcells. Fury is a new unknown original main character and she needs more explanations than War or Death (everybody knows what is War and what is Death). We discover her layers fighting the Seven Sins as much as she discovers herself because every Sin is a way of self-knowledge. She grows up from a spoilt overambitious girl to a trusty woman and sister.

Don't bother about the narrow dodge window because it's intended and you can improve it with weapon enhancements like you improved Death's Execute in Darksiders II. Don't bother about the low physical damage because Fury is better with Arcane Damage than all her brothers. Don't bother about the many deaths you will suffer because you can always level up and the game will feel shorter than you wish when you ended it.

The only reason I don't rate a 10 is because the targeting issues, Gunfire Games needs to fix that enabling the target lock to the nearest enemy wherever it is, not only in front of Fury.

I hope this helps a little to counter the bad reviews always taking Darksiders down because are games made for gamers, not for reviewers.
  68. Dec 20, 2018
    Great game overall! I love the character progression, dynamics and game mechanics. I gave Darksiders III a 10 not because it is a brilliant or a flawless game. It's got a lot of issues, especially technical. The occasional frame drops are, indeed a drawback but still it wasn't as bad to make my gameplay unbearable. The world itself, the character designs and animations are simplyGreat game overall! I love the character progression, dynamics and game mechanics. I gave Darksiders III a 10 not because it is a brilliant or a flawless game. It's got a lot of issues, especially technical. The occasional frame drops are, indeed a drawback but still it wasn't as bad to make my gameplay unbearable. The world itself, the character designs and animations are simply beautiful!

Darksiders III does not pretend to be a masterpiece and still it got me. I've had so much fun and certainly, I'd recommend it to give it a shot.
  69. Dec 31, 2018
    Copying my Review from steam:
    This game is great in almost every single way.
    -The art is amazing -The soundtrack is memorable but not intrusive during game play -The Combat feels very nice (Default combat was too difficult for my liking, so i switched to Classic about 1/3rd of the way through) -The Story while not the best ever, is enough to keep you wanting to know whats coming
    Copying my Review from steam:
    This game is great in almost every single way.

-The art is amazing
    -The soundtrack is memorable but not intrusive during game play
    -The Story while not the best ever, is enough to keep you wanting to know whats coming next
    -The puzzles are fairly simple, only a few i had to stop and think about

The only negative i found was a glitch that skipped a mini-boss and a cut-scene, however i was able to backtrack and kill the boss triggering the cut-scene anyways.
    Overall i would strongly suggest this game.
  70. Nov 27, 2018
    I had very modest expectation about this game. But when I touched and tried it - I understood it's much better than I could expect.
    Only reason why 9 and not 10 - savings only on checkpoints.
    1. Graphics - brilliant. It's "warm" and beautiful, 10/10. RTX 2080Ti - stable 60 FPS on 4k, all settings are on "Epic". 2. No more looting, happy to say bye bye to this misery. 3. Boss fights
    Only reason why 9 and not 10 - savings only on checkpoints.

2. No more looting, happy to say bye bye to this misery.
    3. Boss fights on "Challenging" and higher levels are really challenging.
    4. There are different armor sets, although I don't have to waste time to farm it anymore. Win win.
    5. Combos are still here ;) I know it's not so "hardcore" to learn and use them, but I love how their visuals and their effectiveness.
    6. Multiple reviews were wrong - there is visible world, many of locations are not just caves or hallways. Yes, you can't go wherever you want, it's not real open world, but a) visually it's not closed space, b) it's hack&slash with puzzles, nobody promised GTA-style RPG.
    7. You can still configure development of your hero, you can use a lot of different "consumables" (shards) to change your fight, game is flexible.
  71. Dec 9, 2018
    Вязкое управление, тупая камера, тупая система чекпоинтов, непонятная механика уклонения, непонятен жанр, вроде слэшер был, а тут захотели подмешать souls. После 15 минут игры продолжать нет никакого желания - полный утиль.
  72. Nov 29, 2018
    Okay...So, i would like to begin by stating IT IS NO LONGER DARKSIDERS!!! As a loyal fan from the beginning of this franchise's life span, i was there playing and enjoying it. Now, the game is a souls rip-off (spin off) that the original fans didn't sign up for. Maybe some enjoy the new mechanics, but i for one didn't sign up for this slow paced game. I loved the speed and the power youOkay...So, i would like to begin by stating IT IS NO LONGER DARKSIDERS!!! As a loyal fan from the beginning of this franchise's life span, i was there playing and enjoying it. Now, the game is a souls rip-off (spin off) that the original fans didn't sign up for. Maybe some enjoy the new mechanics, but i for one didn't sign up for this slow paced game. I loved the speed and the power you held in the previous games. if you're good enough to react to the mobs of enemies it threw at you DMC style, then the game rewarded you. Normally these kinds of games welcome the challenges of having to react to multiple people and angles at once, whereas now one person can kill you. You really felt like a true Rider of the Apocalypse then!!! Now...i feel like a vulnerable (hunter) where one combo could mean your death. If the enemy hits you, you're going for a ride, and if you're combo'ing the enemy, his armor frames eat your attacks, and your going for a ride again. I don't feel strong, i don't feel the fury, i don't feel the darksiders series anymore. You'd think they'd expand on what they had, maybe make the game faster and more hectic, which is what made people fall in love with the last 2...no. The art is lack luster and just like the 2nd, so no upgrade there. You could tell that no love went into the game as there are MANY bugs in the game AND the game crashes often on the PS4 at least. Plus, the combo system is officially a hack and slash like the "bloodsouls" or "soulborne" series. There's nothing left for me here anymore....if you feel the same way, DO NOT GET THIS GAME! If you're a fan of the souls series, then by all means, enjoy your jump mobs and traps that don't reward skillful players but memorization instead. Expand
  73. Nov 28, 2018
    Considering that this Game was built by a small Group of people and not Some Big AAA Dev... I'd say its a pretty much decent game...
  74. Nov 28, 2018
    Enjoyable in the most of the aspects. (playability, lore and characters). I can´t understand the unfair critics from a "darksouls fanbase", Darksiders 3 and Fury is not a darksouls, canyon of diffrences.
  75. Dec 5, 2018
    Developers added some kind of dark souls mechanics to the game but they lack of understanding about how to make it fun.
    In dark souls you have a large amount of aproaches and tools to try and combine. Lure and isolate, throw bombs and knifes, bows and crossbows. magic or melee, fast or heavy weapons, focus or wide swing weapons, parries, run an retreat, dodge, keep distance or hug the enemy, run pass through to open ground, etc... and the encounters and enemies in the game are planned accordly.

This game lacks of anything except try, die, try again in the same way because there are no tools or different approach to take, die, try agan, success, advance, try new enconunters, die eventualy, start over from the very begining, bored, uninstall, refund...
  76. Dec 7, 2018
    ugly balance bugs on boss and any other. dont buy/ thq nordic is zero programmers
  77. Nov 28, 2018
    Like many of you, I've been patiently waiting for the release of Darksiders 3. For the longest time, I didn't think it would happen. With THQ's bankruptcy and the IP acquisition by Nordic. Then when I learned it would I was excited. I could patiently wait to see what the new developer would bring. But now that it has? I almost wish it hadn't.

To begin with the new Horseman, Fury, is a

To begin with the new Horseman, Fury, is a subpar character. It's like Gunfire Games went out of their way to make her unlikeable after giving her such an amazing new weapon. Sure these are the Horseman of the Apocalypse and not the nicest Nephilim on Earth but she comes off as the Starscream of the Decepticons. Whiney, petulant, and self-serving. She doesn't want to save her brothers out of any sense of familial responsibility. She wants to save them so she can be the boss.

Embedded video

Robert
    @fistfullofdice
    It looks good at least #DarksidersIII #XboxShare

10:18 AM - Nov 26, 2018
    See Robert's other Tweets
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

This newest entry to the franchise undoes a lot of the improvements made in Darksiders 2 over the original. This game is less focused on finding new gear and weapons and powering them up. Instead, you'll focus on gaining new abilities.

The game also places a heavy emphasis on puzzle solving and platforming. However, some of the puzzles aren't intuitive and are just downright frustrating, not fun. Also in the early game, Fury's jumps are awkward and do not handle well. This takes what should be one of the highlights of the game, the environment, and makes it frustrating to navigate around in.

It's not all doom and gloom though. One nice thing is that within the first few minutes of actual gameplay you'll be in your first boss battle. The bosses are not easy. Some of them are as much puzzle as they are combat. This boss immediately sets that tone.

The two things I enjoyed the most about the game was the aesthetics and Fury's chain swords. It looked like an evolution of the Darksiders Franchise. As soon as I hopped in I felt, yep, this is a Darksiders game. Also playing with the new chain weapon was a lot of fun over just the standard sword. Unfortunately, the rest of the experience didn't pan out.

I played an advanced review copy on the XBox One X provided by the developer and the game suffered from unsteady frame rates. I also had the game crash after defeating a sin and I had to replay the entire stage, which while not too difficult is a bit of a gut punch. It goes from a triumphant to a defeated moment in the blink of an eye. Hopefully, this is something they can patch in the near future.
  78. Dec 6, 2018
    Мерзкое подобие dark souls.Инвалидные ракурсы камеры,не засчитывающиеся удары по противникам,абсолютно пустые герои пропитанные духом псевдофеминизма.
    0 смертных грехов из 10
  79. Dec 16, 2018
    Ужасная попытка скопипастить Dark Souls...для чего?
    Скучная,чересчур репетативная игра которая на 80% состоит из похожих локаций и врагов.Про качество "Souls" элементов я вообще не буду говорить.Скажу лишь одно-мерзость.
    Ужасная попытка скопипастить Dark Souls...для чего?
    Неясный тайминг уклонения,не пойми зачем у врагов имеется "непробиваемый" блок.Да,его конечно можно пробить силовой атакой,вот только в большинстве случаев вражина успеет дать тебе в ебыч раньше,чем ты ему.
    Что-то такое и происходит,когда вы отдаете игру на разработку студии,которая все свое время существования клепала всратые VR игры для ПК и Samsung Gear
    Не тратьте время на эту пародию на игру.
  80. Dec 13, 2018
    Darksiders has made a comeback after half a decade with one of the best 3D metroidvania in years.
    I rarely write a review for games that I've played, but Darksiders 3 is an exception. That's a statement to how much I love it.

Combat: Combat is fun and challenging. This game kept me on my toes most of the time, because Fury will go down after sustained a few hits. On one end, it felt out of character that one of the fabled horsemen can go down that easily, on another end, player's execution is what define how her. There were many times that she felt like a bad ass after executing flawless execution.

The World: Gunfire Game pull world building off gracefully. The world isn't large, yet it managed to make me felt like the world is large. Each area has many their own unique personality and secrets that I felt rewarding. Areas also interconnected seamlessly with shortcuts like a soulborne game.

Exploration in this game never felt tiresome, as there are things to be discovered hidden around in every corner. Backtracking also worthwhile most of the time as each obstacle and which ability is needed to overcome it, is obvious. So, I can easily know where should I explore whenever I got a new gear.

Story: This game felt rushed when it come to story telling. Fury is developed very well, but some time, she developed so fast that it felt forced. The story also convoluted with conspiracies that can baffled even a fan of the series.

Technical issues: Only problem I encountered while playing this is that the game crashed every few hours on PC.

Overall: It may felt unpolished, but give it some time and it will grow on you. I also frustrated with the new combat system and checkpoint system, but those frustration were all gone after I understand the combat and saw that there are shortcuts that can easily take me back to where I die.
  81. Dec 4, 2018
    Игра как слэшер не очень так как:
    1. некоторые удары как по мне, так и от меня не засчитываются.
    2. Анимации не прыжков не дают сделать мне нормальный удар в итоге я просто как дебил 2 секунды вишу в воздухе.
  82. Dec 12, 2018
    So, to be honest the only reason I felt any desire to write this review is because I thought that this game had a lot of negative reviews that weren't entirely fair or sensible. Now with that preface out of the way, I'll just bluntly state that this game, while not perfect by any means, is very fun to play. I would say it is more like Darksiders 1 in its map design and main gameplaySo, to be honest the only reason I felt any desire to write this review is because I thought that this game had a lot of negative reviews that weren't entirely fair or sensible. Now with that preface out of the way, I'll just bluntly state that this game, while not perfect by any means, is very fun to play. I would say it is more like Darksiders 1 in its map design and main gameplay style (ie. set weapon unlocks without the rpg rng equipment drops) and you are going through dungeons to find the seven medallions to defeat Ganon and save Hyru.... sorry wrong game. Now a handful of the complaints I have seen for the game is that it tries to be like Dark Souls and I really can't help but find these comments ridiculous. Dark Souls surprisingly didn't invent dodge rolling, didn't invent difficult gameplay (so sick of all this "the Dark Souls of ___" garbage every reviewer seems to be using now) nor was it the first game to make dying a pretty big setback. Darksiders 3's dodge system is one carried over through all three games, which seems to have been forgotten, and has a simple but pretty nice counter attack mechanic for well timed dodges. The hollow mechanics are cool as well because it adds new weapons, elemental damage/damage over time along with simple little traversal abilities that allow you to return to previous areas and access new routes. For the cons, my complaints fall into what feel like balancing issues. Enemies can do a ton of damage reletive to how minor they are, which ends up becoming frustrating when you generally end up fighting at least three enemies at once and sometimes quite a few more. For a hack n slash game I found myself running away a lot just to survive encounters with fodder. The biggest issue I have with the game as it is now is it's incessant loading; I have times where I quite literally have 3 or 4 loading pauses within 10-30 steps from each other. Hopefully that stuff can be patched but right now it is incredibly annoying. For gameplay, a gripe that I can think of is that I seriously wish they added a skill tree to unlock different combos for the weapons. I know there are more things I have problems with but I can't think of them at the moment and am a bit tired of writing this. Good game, really not Dark Souls wannabe, and... Yeah that's it. Expand
  83. Dec 26, 2018
    I may not have played Darksiders I before, but playing Darksiders II definitely caught my interests for the series. As for the Darksiders III, the story is kinda weak compared to its predecessor. Game mechanic wise, the game is just under polished. Puzzle is simple, time-based and repetitive. It has been giving me frustrating experience most of the time, the combat system is just so-so,I may not have played Darksiders I before, but playing Darksiders II definitely caught my interests for the series. As for the Darksiders III, the story is kinda weak compared to its predecessor. Game mechanic wise, the game is just under polished. Puzzle is simple, time-based and repetitive. It has been giving me frustrating experience most of the time, the combat system is just so-so, considering it developed by other devs, it is passable, but I am not gonna replay it.
    In anyhow, I am grateful that the game was brought back from the dead, and I thank the devs for developing and continuing the series.
  84. Jan 27, 2019
    Great combat , interesting moments ,great graphics , fluid gameplay , without good puzzles , normal story and souls recollecting
  85. Nov 30, 2018
    Игра очень хуёво сделана
    Система уклонений тупорылая
    Если хуесосные разрабы смотрять на страну восходящего солнца и дрочат это не значит что у них получится сделать хотя бы уровне Делали бы и делали себе слешеры Замахнулись на систему уклонений так сделайте грамотно,отзывчевее Но нет Просто пнуть игру в стим и ждать что тупые ебланы дрочащие на две первые части купять Дальше уже не
    Игра очень хуёво сделана
    Система уклонений тупорылая
    Делали бы и делали себе слешеры
    Замахнулись на систему уклонений так сделайте грамотно,отзывчевее
    Но нет
    Дальше уже не их проблемы
  86. Nev
    Feb 16, 2019
    If you love the series you will most def love this one to. On pc it runs great, I have not had any issues with graphics, only issue was with windows scaling. It has to be on 100%.
  87. Nov 27, 2018
    this game is very fun and also that we can finally continue this great saga while I have fun playing the game to be fulfilled besides I like the story
  88. Dec 1, 2018
    Очень хорошая игра и достойное продолжение серии, жду 4 часть.
  89. Dec 12, 2018
    دوستان عزیزم خواهش می کنم گول نمرات Darksiders III را نخورید و خودتان را از تجربه آن محروم نکنید، هر چند که می دانم عاقل تر از این حرف ها هستید و دیروز در پست نمرات بازی دیدم که اکثر شما چقدر خوب و درست در مورد بازی و نمراتش نظرتان را گفته بودید و خوشبختانه انگار دارد کم کم گول خوردن بازیبازان کشورمان از امتیاز متای یک بازی کمتر می شود و خیلی هوشیارتر شده ایم مخصوصا با تعداد زیاد سایت هایدوستان عزیزم خواهش می کنم گول نمرات Darksiders III را نخورید و خودتان را از تجربه آن محروم نکنید، هر چند که می دانم عاقل تر از این حرف ها هستید و دیروز در پست نمرات بازی دیدم که اکثر شما چقدر خوب و درست در مورد بازی و نمراتش نظرتان را گفته بودید و خوشبختانه انگار دارد کم کم گول خوردن بازیبازان کشورمان از امتیاز متای یک بازی کمتر می شود و خیلی هوشیارتر شده ایم مخصوصا با تعداد زیاد سایت های عجیب و غریب که به متا راه پیدا کرده اند و هر چه دلشان می خواهند می گویند و هر نمره ای که میخواهند می دهند و توضیحش را هم نمی دهند که چرا؟ همان طور که قبل تر نیز خدمت شما عرض کردم اگر بخواهم بهترین جمله را به طور خلاصه در مورد Darksiders III بگویم این است که ” Darksiders III بهترین و لذتبخش ترین ترکیب ممکن از بازی اول و دوم سری است که چندین ساعت با گیم پلی جذاب، مبارزات چالش برانگیز، سلاح ها و Hollow های بسیار جذاب فیوری و دنیای پیچیده و پر از رمز و رازش شما را سرگرم می کند.” پس زیاد منتظر نمانید و در کنار فیوری سوار Rampage شده و به مبارزه با ۷ گناه اصلی بروید، تازه از این نظر بازی ثواب هم دارد! فقط ببخشید که بازی بتل رویال ندارد وگرنه احتمالا جای این نمرات الان بازی سال می شد! Collapse Expand
  90. Nov 28, 2018
    This game does have some technical issues but that aside it is absolutely amazing and has some of the best gameplay that 2018 has to offer. It’s definitely worth your time if you get it.
  91. Nov 28, 2018
    il gioco è il seguito di una storia bella profonda e accattivante, in questo capitolo però la trama è un po meno completa e meno strutturata, a volte frettolosa , si sono perse anche molte cose che rendevano DS2 un capolavoro e che avrebbero sicuramente migliorato l esperienza generale in questo capitolo .il gameplay è divertente e non manca la sfida che hanno caratterizzato i suoiil gioco è il seguito di una storia bella profonda e accattivante, in questo capitolo però la trama è un po meno completa e meno strutturata, a volte frettolosa , si sono perse anche molte cose che rendevano DS2 un capolavoro e che avrebbero sicuramente migliorato l esperienza generale in questo capitolo .il gameplay è divertente e non manca la sfida che hanno caratterizzato i suoi predecessori mentre Graficamente parlando il gioco è semplice ma comunque d'impatto con alcune zone che presenterano una qualità complessiva davvero alta mentre in altre un po meno. Presenta sulla versione pc qualche calo di frame ma sono problemi che si riscontrano quasi sempre con i titoli appena usciti e che verranno sicuramente risolti con il tempo.
    Consiglio da grande fan della saga di acquistare anche i giochi precedenti per capire al meglio la trama e per divertirvi ancora di piu.
  92. Nov 27, 2018
  93. Nov 30, 2018
    It is NOT a indie team who did this, It's a **** 100 people studio of THQ Nordic and is sold full price, but the gameplay is **** looks like it was made by people who never even played the first two games. Huge disappointment, dungeons removed, puzzles suck, no real challenging exploration NO PARRY. Lame ass game of once a great series.
  94. Nov 28, 2018
    A great sequel, that's exactly how I imagined it. passed the game for 1 run, never bored
  95. Dec 10, 2018
    vote saga:
    Darksiders - 8
    Darksiders II - 8,5
    Darksiders III - 8
    game low budget very good!! story 10
  96. Nov 29, 2018
    Me ha entretenido esta nueva formula que el estudio le ha dado a esta nueva entrega sin embargo debido al menor presupuesto que han tenido se nota mucho los fallos del juego y los cortes de pantalla que he sufrido a lo largo del mismo. Estoy muy contento de que no matasen a la saga y le den otra oportunidad de vivir con el Dark Siders 4 (o el 5º jugando con los 4). Dicen que no es muyMe ha entretenido esta nueva formula que el estudio le ha dado a esta nueva entrega sin embargo debido al menor presupuesto que han tenido se nota mucho los fallos del juego y los cortes de pantalla que he sufrido a lo largo del mismo. Estoy muy contento de que no matasen a la saga y le den otra oportunidad de vivir con el Dark Siders 4 (o el 5º jugando con los 4). Dicen que no es muy bonito de ver sin embargo a un servidor le ha encantado el estilo gráfico que ha tenido. Expand
  97. Nov 30, 2018
    Just finished this game on hard mode and had a great time! The combat is enjoyable, with a good mix of weapons, combos and skill based dodge mechanics. There is a variety of enjoyable game mechanics with a heavy focus on combat, collecting items, exploration and boss battles.

There are some slight drawbacks to this game. The graphics could be better, as this game looks like a good game from the previous gen, however it really has no impact on the gameplay, and understanding the limitations in budget for this game, they have done a great job, creating some awesome looking character models!
    Another negative is that when you get hit and staggered, there is no invincibility frames, so if you get unlucky and a few enemies hit you at once, you die instantly. This only happened a few times in the game but seeing as similar games have this feature, i believe it should be include.
    Also the game is a bit short, taking 16hrs to complete the main game and all side objectives, however i thoroughly enjoyed that time!

A lot of people are saying this game is a dark souls clone, and as someone who has played all of the souls games, this is not true. It has elements similar to these games such as the interconnected level design, game difficulty and leveling system, however the combat alone makes it far more like devil may cry and bayonetta.

Also being a fan of these games, i would say that if you enjoy the game and combat style of the devil may cry and bayonetta series, then you will have a great time with this game. It is due to this reason, as well as it's different style that i believe a lot of people are giving this game unfavorable reviews.

If you're looking for a Darksouls game or a Zelda like game like the early titles, then this is not your game, although you certainly can still enjoy it. At it's core, this game is an adventure hack and slash RPG where the fun comes from tearing apart a tonnes of enemies with flashy combat moves!
  98. Dec 25, 2018
    This is great and well in line with the other 2 Darksider games. It starts slow and the difficulty is steap (compare the Dark Souls complaints against it), but simply play on story mode, seriously, that difficulty is almost like normal and it becomes very addictive and fun as soon as you start getting Hollow powers. Has interesting areas and puzzles, hardly any repetition. The story, artThis is great and well in line with the other 2 Darksider games. It starts slow and the difficulty is steap (compare the Dark Souls complaints against it), but simply play on story mode, seriously, that difficulty is almost like normal and it becomes very addictive and fun as soon as you start getting Hollow powers. Has interesting areas and puzzles, hardly any repetition. The story, art style, vocing, humor and gameplay have really been worth it. Ending and the story are a bit short and do not match the first Darksiders, but hardly anything does. Expand
  99. Dec 28, 2018
    Haiku Review: Love the new combat / What is this sadness I feel / The credits now roll
    Favorite Thing: Enjoyed most everything about this game but I especially liked the new combat. I'm not much of a hack & slash fan so this new Dark Souls + Darksiders combat was great.
    Least Favorite Thing: I miss the open areas of Darksiders 2. Date Completed: 2018-12-28 Playtime: 14h Enjoyment:
    Least Favorite Thing: I miss the open areas of Darksiders 2.

Date Completed: 2018-12-28
    Playtime: 14h
    Enjoyment: 9/10
    Recommendation: Definitely! I loved this game, you should play it.
  100. Dec 29, 2018
    This game excels in 3 areas: Sharp stereotypes well written in a world where the elements fit together. There is no problem with stereotypes here since we are talking about concepts. I mean... she IS Fury. This is already the best excuse for using a stereotype. And we play in a world that is ripped appart by heaven and hell. As we progress through the story black and white mixes togehterThis game excels in 3 areas: Sharp stereotypes well written in a world where the elements fit together. There is no problem with stereotypes here since we are talking about concepts. I mean... she IS Fury. This is already the best excuse for using a stereotype. And we play in a world that is ripped appart by heaven and hell. As we progress through the story black and white mixes togehter and the stereotypic approach gets grey as well.
    Second point is the combat system: Quite some people write its Dark Souls-ish. That means again, that many of them never played Dark Souls. Darsiders combat is active, hack and slayish, fast paced, has combinations. There is only one element that is the same: Retrieving your souls. Yes, it is harder then most other games, that you wind by pressing one button all game. I guess. all those people need to switch to lower difficulty or play games that need no effort. But dont take this game that needs some thinking about tactics, positioning, which combo to use and how to fight.
    Art and design: Everything has its own unique look. The designs just fit together and make this journey visually awesome.
    Then again there is the technological dimension of the design which could use some polishing. I guess they used the old engines. Textures seem too old though as said on point. Despite this I really like the visuals.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 43 Critic Reviews

1. Mar 5, 2019
    Darksiders 3 does a lot of stuff wrong. True fans will be grateful that it exists, but this game is a below average action platformer that tries to be something that is not.
  2. CD-Action
    Feb 6, 2019
    Darksiders III feels like a trip to a museum, which of course doesn’t have to be a drawback. Its antiquated design has a certain charm and made me realize that I miss simplicity and compactness in bloated modern open-world games. Unfortunately Gunfire’s effort is messy – it’s rough around the edges, it made a step backwards in terms of RPG elements and environmental puzzles, some design choices are dubious, the combat system is imprecise, and there are a lot of bugs and glitches on top of all that. As a result Darksiders III can compete neither with modern action titles, nor with previous games in the series. [01/2019, p.82]
  3. Jan 22, 2019
    There’s precious little to elevate Darksiders 3 to the level of the previous two games, let alone its peers in 2018. It’s a game that offers few surprises, few challenges, and few moments of greatness. What it does, it does to a satisfactory level and never kicks on from there. But there’s something about Darksiders 3 that still sort of works though. It’s a B-tier production, without a shadow of a doubt, but it’s the sort of thing that doesn’t actually come along all that often these days. Fans of the series will no doubt get a kick out of the continuing story and there’s just enough here to help Darksiders 3 stand out and make for an entertaining playthrough.