8.1

1. May 13, 2020
    Most fun you'll have with a video game this year. Tons of customization (dwarf cosmetics, weapon mods, weapon skins, perks, drone mods, etc.) that is all earned simply by exploring and playing the game.

The atmosphere is somehow incredibly tense but relaxed at the same time. The gunplay is spectacular and doesn't get old. All of the maps are procedurally generated and the assorted

All of the maps are procedurally generated and the assorted map modifiers are randomly assigned ensuring you never play the same dungeon twice, giving DRG insane replayability.

More content and fun than ANY $60 AAA game for half the price.

Don't sleep on this!
  2. May 14, 2020
    Pretty damn good game. It's super fun. Very much worth buying if you are into coop games!
  3. May 15, 2020
    The game is excellent, Incredible for those who love coop game and mining game.
  4. May 16, 2020
    One of the best co-op games out there right now. It feels like a mix of Warhammer: Vermintide and Minecraft
  5. May 15, 2020
    One of the best coop games I've ever played.
    My favorite thing about the game is the randomly generated maps. Every encounter with the aliens ( there are a lot ) are different.
    Good physics. Amazing gunplay. Perks, upgrades for the four dwarf classes. Great experience with friends.
    Lots of things to look forward.
  6. May 17, 2020
    One of the funniest and epic 4 player co-op shooters ever. They brought back the good ol' left for dead vibes but made this their own. A fantastic game solo or coop with loads of replay value.
  7. May 21, 2020
    Fantastic value for the money. Polished. The developers are great and really listens to the community. Such fun Co-op.
  8. Jul 3, 2020
    If you like cooperative FPSs, spamming emotes, voxel graphics and a color palette and soundtrack that reminds one vaguely of the Descent games, you might like Deep Rock Galactic, an up-to-four-player coop FPS about dwarven asteroid miners and their daily grind.

The titular interstellar mining concern has just hit upon the richest source of ore in the galaxy: a pisshole of a rock called Hoxxes IV. The only problem? It's infested with territorial alien bugs- crawling Glyphids, flying Macteras, rolling Q'ronar and more. So grab a beer, pickaxe, gun and some friends, hold on to your beard, and prepare to dive. Just watch out for those damned Bulk Detonators.

Someone described it as a mix of Minecrafts' digging and Left 4 Dead's shooting, and while that is a crude comparison, it's not inaccurate. Of note, Deep Rock does not use iron sight aiming at all. Right Mouse is instead used to swing your pickaxe, used for both digging and as a melee attack. The closest thing to a sniping weapon in the game, the M1000 Classic, instead uses a charged shot mechanic. Given that fights are often up close or at odd angles, and your enemies' propensity for crawling on walls or flying, the combat might remind one of the early Quake games, albeit with reloading and a sprint mechanic.

DRG has four character classes, a range of mission types and procedurally-generated level layouts across many different biomes, with many enemy types, environmental hazards and gameplay mutators to keep things interesting. Missions have three possible levels each of length and cave complexity. Mission types include excavating teal Morkite ore the dwarves (maybe) use to make dark ale, repairing broken "MULE" mining robots and then defending a damaged escape pod, gathering blue Aquarq crystals and returning them to a fortified mine head, eliminating fearsome Glyphid Dreadnoughts, or gathering alien eggs for who knows what (It might be omelettes). Along the way, you can find red Nitra ore, which can be exchanged for supply drops to replenish your limited ammo and equipment, gold for a cash bonus, and various other color-coded minerals used to purchase upgrades to your gear. Some are found in surface deposits, while others are buried just below the surface, with telltale surface indicators. Each player can carry only a limited amount of ore on their person, but you can deposit it into the robotic mule MOLL-E, or "Molly", who follows you about most missions. You may also deposit ore into the escape pod or minehead if either is present. Normally Molly hangs about, but you can call her to a targeted location by pressing C. At the end of the mission you are awarded credits and XP for your chosen class, with a "hazard bonus" applied based on your chosen difficulty level, 1-5. Hazard 5 must be unlocked first.

Classes are satisfyingly varied and I switch mine between missions frequently. They include the fast-tunneling Driller who also packs a flamethrower, pistol and satchel charges, an Engineer with a platform deployer, sentry guns, semi-auto shotgun and grenade launcher, a Gunner who backs up his minigun with a large-bore revolver, zipline deployer and shield generator, and a Scout with an assault rifle, sawed-off shotgun, grappling hook and flare launcher. Each also has an additional primary and secondary weapon that can be unlocked through leveling and completing "weapon license" assignments. Some classes are more useful in some situations then others: I recommend bringing a flamethrower-equipped Driller to any Elimination mission for example, as he can quickly burn through a Dreadnought's regenerating armor. However, each class is viable and solo-capable. Should you choose to go solo, you have the option of being accompanied by the friendly and lively hoverdrone "Bosco", who can mine, shine light on indicated areas, and engage enemies with a machine gun and, once upgraded, a manually-requested rocket strike. He can even revive you and return your salutes! There's also the possibility you might encounter the armed mule robot BET-C, or "Betsy". Initally hostile due to infesting polyps on her hull, you can shoot these off and then repair her to have her join your team, turning her heavy guns and grenade launcher on the bugs.

Leveling your characters also increases an overall account level, which unlocks various cosmetic alterations to your dwarves' appearance for purchase, with things like a Warhammer-style Slayer mohawk, enormous Dr. Robotnik-esque handlebar mustache, Hagrid hair and a helmet reminiscent of Dune 2's Sardaukar troops.

DRG has a surprising degree of depth, flavor and light-hearted humor. It reminds me of the better co-op shooters of the past decade, and I heartily recommend it. It benefits from speedy load times and smooth gameplay, slick controls, frequent updates. Rock and Stone, brothers.
  9. May 21, 2020
    I subscribed now on metacritic to write this review because this is one of the best games I've been playing and enjoying in recent years.

RDG is a cooperative (up to 4 players) horde shooter, a mix of games like left 4 dead for the horde mechanic and drop in drop out system, minecraft because of course you have to mine and looter shooters because there is loot although it's mainly cosmetics.
    You get sent with a drilling pod in the caves under the surface of a rocky planet to do a different mission everytime.
    The caves are randomly generated and there are about 10 different mission types and a dozen different biomes each one with it's different challenges.

There are 4 classes, each one with its pros and cons, they work well when mixed together
    Gunner: heavy damage and can place ziplines
    Driller: can dig tunnels very easily
    Scout: has a hook and can run around the map like spider-man
    Engineer: heavy area damage and very good utils

Pro aspects of this game:
    * It doesn't require much commitment to play, once you reach level 25 with a class you have unlocked 90% of the stuff other players have, the rest is just cosmetic and mods that can change the behavior of your class. Also a mission lasts up to 30 min

* It feels too easy or too hard? just crank up/down the difficulty level.

* there's a bar where you can hang out with your mates before being sent to the next mission

* you can press V everytime something cool happens

* no microtransactions (there might be paid dlc in the future)

* Rock AND Stone brothers!
  10. May 27, 2020
    Deep Rock Galactic is a stellar multiplayer experience and the most fun I’ve had playing with friends since Left 4 Dead 2. Lots of fun, very charming, and easy to recommend. Rock and stone!
  11. Jun 2, 2020
    phenomenal game. At first glance, this game did not impress me. However, after giving it a try and playing with 3 other friends, I came to the conclusion that this game is just pure fun. There are so many things this game did right that other games just dont get. The combat is intense&fun. The randomly generated caves are complex and never the same. Gameplay loop doesnt feel repetitive.phenomenal game. At first glance, this game did not impress me. However, after giving it a try and playing with 3 other friends, I came to the conclusion that this game is just pure fun. There are so many things this game did right that other games just dont get. The combat is intense&fun. The randomly generated caves are complex and never the same. Gameplay loop doesnt feel repetitive. The class system gives the players more ways to enjoy. If not for the subpar graphics, i would confidently say this is better than 90% of all triple A games. Although I do want more classes, more guns and more enemy variety tho. Expand
  12. Jun 29, 2020
    Instant classic in my opinion. Easily one of the best coop games on the market today. If you are looking for that left 4 dead experience this will definitely scratch that itch. Its unique and all around blast to play with friends and the developers seem to add stuff constantly. Worth the price of entry and some, dont skip this game.
  13. Jul 16, 2020
    A gem among so many games either lacking or demanding your wallet open on a regular basis. Where a game like Vermintide meanders in its bugs, being a poorly balanced, and charging for every new pixel added to the game Deep Rock Galactic is nothing but charitable in its quality and content.

The aesthetic is simple and endearing but not childish. I'd even bet it prevents people from being **** because only a few rare tryhards seem to be floating around. Given how inescapably important it is to work together, it's hard to blame anyone unless they run off and die.
  14. May 23, 2020
    Absolutely sick for a 2gb game...

Lots of content. lots of stuff to farm for visuals and other upgrades...
    and sooo much fun...
    and also after 3 days.. my skill rose a bit.. and now its even more fun!
  15. May 20, 2020
    L4D2 + Minecraft + Helldivers + Dwarves
    I love this game there are all the ingredients to be one of my favourite
  16. Jul 4, 2020
    I have been playing this game a long time before release. The devs are fantastic! What you dream about when you think of the kind of people you want updating your game.

Constant meaningful updates to a game that is already fun, smooth and constantly giving you a reason to dive back in. Always easy to find a group of people and even if you don't use a mic...no big deal. The game makes it so easy to work as a unit with people you don't even know.

What a great game!
  17. Jun 12, 2020
    Best co-op game on steam right now. Don't let the procedural generation scare you away: The hybrid shooter/exploration action is the perfect fit for random caves with plenty of verticality and 100% destructible terrain. Shooting is crisp, sound design is meaty, music is fantastic, and the game has a lot of heart. It also updates constantly. Why 9/10 instead of 10/10, then? Just minorBest co-op game on steam right now. Don't let the procedural generation scare you away: The hybrid shooter/exploration action is the perfect fit for random caves with plenty of verticality and 100% destructible terrain. Shooting is crisp, sound design is meaty, music is fantastic, and the game has a lot of heart. It also updates constantly. Why 9/10 instead of 10/10, then? Just minor things; connecting to random lobbies fails about half the time, but doesn't take too long to try again. There still is the odd bug here and there (not the Glyphid kind!)

Still, 1000% worth the purchase.
  18. Jun 15, 2020
    In Deep Rock Galactic you play as Mining Space Marine Dwarves. Game play is varied by different objectives and difficulty. Classes as unique each with different abilities that contribute overall to the team. Cosmetics can be bought in packs but much in the game is bought or found through gameplay. Overall it's a well designed game, some could argue it's graphically not that great but theIn Deep Rock Galactic you play as Mining Space Marine Dwarves. Game play is varied by different objectives and difficulty. Classes as unique each with different abilities that contribute overall to the team. Cosmetics can be bought in packs but much in the game is bought or found through gameplay. Overall it's a well designed game, some could argue it's graphically not that great but the graphical design choice help keep game play a focus bu enabling easier to generate levels.

Something to note. This game is a multiplayer co-op based game. While you can play it solo that's not the way it's meant to be played. Grab some friends and start digging or pair up in matchmaking for a more enjoyable experience.
  19. Jun 14, 2020
    Really didn't know anything about this game when I bought it and I am very happy that I did (prolly 60+ hrs. in writing this review).

The Devs. seem to focus on player fun, first and foremost. This is such a huge breath of fresh air with so many developers trying to figure out how to force players to login daily for analytic reasons. This is one of the first games I have played in a long time where I am not constantly concerned with what I am going to unlock because the game play is that much fun.

Each match feels almost totally different, due to the great cave generation, and the matchmaking has been great for me so far.

It's the type of game that you can play for potentially 20 minutes or as long as you like. The game has an extremely addicting game play loop.

All in all, very happy w. the purchase.
  20. May 21, 2020
    I have over 100 hours and I'm slowly convincing all my friends to buy it.
    Perfectly paced co-op gameplay with a great community that will drop in and help on any mission, and a progression system that seems to continue infinitely, not to mention the rock-solid mechanics and shooting with a variety of interesting weapons.
    A must-have for any team-based shooter fan, or anyone looking to
    I have over 100 hours and I'm slowly convincing all my friends to buy it.

A must-have for any team-based shooter fan, or anyone looking to have a good time with the dwarves.
    Crack open a cold one with the boys, it's time to ROCK AND STONE!
  21. May 29, 2020
    A great game that really shines as a co-op multiplayer experience. The game has a great atmosphere and a decent soundtrack. The fact that every dwarf has unique abilities makes sure that cooperation is very important while exploring as well as in the midst of the combat heat. There's tons to upgrade and customize which makes you wanna play just one more map every time.
  22. May 30, 2020
    Deep rock galactic is the best game I've played recently, and I'm not talking indie games only, best than any recent AAA game. It's super fun, the community is great and you always get a crew to play with. Best played in coop but solo is fine if that's your thing. No micro transactions (that's really uncommon in recent games). Best 30€ spent during the pandemic.
  23. Jul 21, 2020
    Easiest 10 I've ever given a game. When playing with friends, there is literally no better time than trying to master your class so that you can contribute to the group and mission in the way your dwarf can. Rock and Stone forever.
  24. Aug 16, 2020
    Best new game I have played in at least 5 years. Community is great and there's always something to do. The game runs incredibly well and looks awesome. Highly recommend.
  25. Aug 21, 2020
    Grab some friends, drink some digital beer, and enjoy Ghost Ship Game's mixture of Left for Dead and science fiction co-op fun
  26. Feb 28, 2021
    Deep Rock Galactic is a co-op FPS game which centers around traversal and mining. You play as a dwarf – or more specifically, one of four classes of dwarf, digging your way through various missions while killing man-sized alien bugs with guns. While you are playing as dwarves, this is very much a “sci fi shooter” – not that there’s a lot of science fiction here, but the aesthetic is all aDeep Rock Galactic is a co-op FPS game which centers around traversal and mining. You play as a dwarf – or more specifically, one of four classes of dwarf, digging your way through various missions while killing man-sized alien bugs with guns. While you are playing as dwarves, this is very much a “sci fi shooter” – not that there’s a lot of science fiction here, but the aesthetic is all a bit futuristic (though not tremendously so).

Each of the classes has some mixture of guns specific to that class plus traversal or exploration or platforming abilities. Some can create platforms; others are faster at digging; still others are able to create zip-lines or shoot grappling hooks to get up to higher areas.

All of them can launch flares, to light up the underground areas they’re exploring, as well as throw grenades.

Sadly, while the game’s core is all okay, it’s never really great. The whole game feels just a little bit janky, with weird physics bugs sometimes slinging your character around long distances.

But the main issue is repetition. The core of the game is going on a mission, completing some mission objectives, then running back to your pod to launch back into space. All of them have very similar structure, and while the particular objectives might differ, you are doing the same thing all the time, and fighting pretty much the same enemies.

On top of this, this is one of those dreaded “FPS platformer” games, where you run into the problem where you can’t see your own feet, so it is easy to end up falling off of ledges while fighting, which can easily lead to your doom.

The game’s lack of doing anything really excellent combined with the repetition made me quickly bore of it; I tried it for a few hours, but I never really had all that much fun.

And if you aren’t having fun, what’s the point?
  27. Dec 5, 2020
    This is the best multiplayer game I have ever played in my life, the feeling of exploration and cooperation is highly immersive, the developer is to be congratulate!!
  28. Jun 20, 2020
    This game is extremely fun. Can be played both solo or co-op. I personally play solo more because I sometimes prefer playing games alone. However even if you decide to play with strangers the community is very helpful and nice. This game has the best community, hands down. The developers too are amazing, they are active with their community and they really listen. I highly recommend this game.
  29. Jun 3, 2020
    A wonderful co-op experience. This game really allows for friends to quickly hop in and play rounds without having to worry. If you're group doesn't have the commitment level for a full MMORPG, this will be the perfect experience where everyone consistently has fun.
  30. Aug 23, 2020
    Super jeu en multijoueur très nerveux et mettant en avant la communication entre les joueurs. C est un plaisir de jouer avec des amis à 4 sur ce jeu. Petit bémol sur le manque de variété des ennemis et des types de mission.
  31. Aug 22, 2020
    Drop ---> Blast bugs ---> Mine minerals ---> Explore ---> Go home ---> Upgrade, repeat
  32. Aug 30, 2020
    The game is a lot of fun but it has very few varriety overall it is fun with nice humor and cool design the procedual generated caves are always fun to explore
  33. Sep 8, 2020
    Rock and Stone!
    One of the best Co-Op experiences I've ever had. The community is mostly friendly as well.
    Always remember: We do it for Karl!
  34. Sep 9, 2020
    I'm not good at reviewing things, but this is my all-time favorite game and it deserves all the praises it gets. It's easy to play, fun with other people, and rewarding to keep playing. I've got over 200 hours at this point and have no plans to slow down. One of the biggest things I love about this game is that it's helped me get over my shyness of playing online with strangers. TheI'm not good at reviewing things, but this is my all-time favorite game and it deserves all the praises it gets. It's easy to play, fun with other people, and rewarding to keep playing. I've got over 200 hours at this point and have no plans to slow down. One of the biggest things I love about this game is that it's helped me get over my shyness of playing online with strangers. The community is great and it is not difficult to just leave a mission on the off chance someone is a jerk. 100% recommend this game for people who are looking for a fun co-op game! Expand
  35. May 13, 2020
    This is an awesome co-op experience, but also one that can also be played solo due to the excellent implementation of a companion mining/weapons platform bot.

I could write an essay about the immersion, the rich characters, the customization options, the various types of missions and the mostly great community. Due to the great depth (...) of various loadouts, procedurally generated maps, the four playable classes, and you-name-it, the game is incredibly replayable.

It will take a bit to get used to different classes, and sometimes you're bound to mess up and not perform your tasks according to others' expectations. When this happened to me, people were usually nice about it and helped me along. However, once you learn your class(es), the game becomes increasingly rewarding. It's an absolute blast playing in a well-organized group.

Also, the devs are fantastic! I purchased the game in early access and it was a pleasure seeing it develop over time. Because of this I have no doubt the game will continue to be actively supported and tweaked down the line.

Way to go, Ghost Ship Games. I hope you're celebrating with a round of Tuborgs (or Carlsbergs etc) tonight! :)
  36. May 14, 2020
    The game that redefined what I love about coop games like Left 4 Dead or Vermintide.
    Years of development where devs delivered what was promised and added a lot of community requests.
    It's a blast to play with friends and surprisingly fun even with randoms across the world. Game is intense, not repetitive and community is just bunch of gorgeous dwarves. Still have hope to meet Karl

Still have hope to meet Karl who dig 10k nitra without using his pickaxe

Rock and Stone!
  37. May 14, 2020
    I don't know, somehow I found this game to be too laborious and not enjoyable.

You are always in a black cave and always run out of light flares. Would love for the beginner players to have an option to keep the lights on. Then, to always guess whether you are moving in the right direction... Maybe the game is just not for me. Would advise you to give it a try on Steam, where you
    I don't know, somehow I found this game to be too laborious and not enjoyable.

Then, to always guess whether you are moving in the right direction...

Maybe the game is just not for me.
    Would advise you to give it a try on Steam, where you can request a refund within 2 playing hours if you didn't like it.

Good luck,
    Al
  38. May 26, 2020
    While this game may work in a coop setting, I gave up after 3 hours of tedious single player experience.

The experience was rather bland from the start, but given the positive reviews I kept going for a while, assuming the game would pick up pace and/or variation further along. I gave up after 3 hours of digging through very similar looking caves; with very little variation in gameplay, even though I tried out all the different classes.
  39. Aug 1, 2020
    It's not a very good game at all, and the developers have made some really strage decisions. It's a shame, because it had so much potential.
  40. Nov 20, 2020
    I suspect there is a good game somewhere in here, but there is way too much mediocre grindy nonsense to get much of a view of the better game that could have been. It's also worth noting that there is no single-player option - you've got to rope a few friends in for this very not-fun ride.
  41. Oct 14, 2020
    By yourself this game already offer some great value for your buck, how ever it also sports the best co-op gameplay out there bar none!!

Call some friends and go nuts!!
  42. Sep 24, 2020
    The game really shines with a full team of 4 dwarves. The classes complement each other better than any recent game of it's type. Having said that, it is also very fun as a single player game. I have over 50 solo missions as sometimes I just don't want to be bothered with teamates. Great game. Highly recommended.
  43. May 27, 2021
    Amazing co-op game. Great missions, Fun combat, and interesting upgrades. This game is kind of a hidden gem, and more gamers need to know it exists!
  44. Feb 8, 2021
    Most polished & well balanced gameplayloop this side of the moon. This game runs so well that it is almost creepy. I don´t remember when I last got a finished AND polished game for my money. It is really awesome. Jump in with three friends and you´ll have a blast!
  45. Apr 1, 2021
    A well-crafted, procedurally generated horde shooter. Lots of cosmetic customization, you can build each character towards your playstyle mechanically as well. Running around in the caves and doing Dwarf things is very atmospheric and immersing, you can even turn off HUD elements to intensify this. Communication tools are stellar, you can communicate well with your team without everA well-crafted, procedurally generated horde shooter. Lots of cosmetic customization, you can build each character towards your playstyle mechanically as well. Running around in the caves and doing Dwarf things is very atmospheric and immersing, you can even turn off HUD elements to intensify this. Communication tools are stellar, you can communicate well with your team without ever needing voice chat, or even a chat box.
    You can also screw around in the hub to pass the time, get drunk, kick barrels, minigames. This is all in the spirit of fun, and it excels.
  46. Jun 15, 2021
    Gameplay: A+
    Story: D (but who cares?)
    Graphics: B
    Audio: B
    Lengh: I played 200h+

New take on 4 player coop like L4D. But + Mining & building & exploring. Perfect coop with friends.
  47. Feb 2, 2021
    I cannot recommend this game enough. If you have game pass for PC or for Xbox, this should be a no-brainer, it's 2GB of your hard drive for days and days of excellent and well-tuned co-op fun, which is incredibly hard to come by these days in a world of 100+ GB minimums on the majority of games.

For starters, this game loses a lot of it's shine in the solo mode, other players/friends are swapped out for a small drone that has a small list of commands mirroring typical functions of other players (i.e "go here to mine", "protect this drill", etc.) This idea works well on paper and a little less in practice. This mode is still incredibly fun, just not nearly as much so as coordinating attacks or working together to reach a higher Nitra vein in the stellar multiplayer. The solo mode not being as fun as the online is about the biggest gripe I have about this game.

The progression in the game is suprisingly deep for such a straightforward game, there are multiple different progressions systems. Player rank, individual character rank, individual weapon modifications and cosmetics, visual customization items, if you expect to see it in 2020-2021, it's there. The weapon/gear modding system was the most impressive to me, with each weapon opening up a slot for a new mod/perk at different individual character levels. Most if not all of these mods have a major impact on gunplay, be it something as simple as an extended mag or an upgrade to ammo carrying capacity, or quicker weapon fire rate, and some cool ones such as reloading your weapon when unequipped for 5 seconds, which can be a major time saver in tense situations, the best part, it's none of those little percentage upgrades and "filler" skill points that give you a +0.12 damage buff.

Also PERFORMANCE! If you play on base Xbox consoles, the visuals retain quality at the price of smoothness (at this point, that's kind of a standard for base Xbox One consoles), stays at a pretty consistent 30-45 frames per second. I have yet to play on Series X or the half-gen One X, but I'd imagine it keeps a solid 60 frames, and on my ROG Zephyrus G14, outfitted with an Nvidia RTX 2060 Max-Q, it keeps a silky smooth 1080p 120fps with almost no compromises.

This game shines in a lot of ways, and each system is as reliant on other systems as a Scout is on his grapple. Highly recommend it, in either solo or multiplayer, but the best way to do it to get all your buddies on PC and Xbox to get game pass, and start running co-op like Left 4 Dead 2 came out last night.

ROCK AND STONE!
  48. Mar 22, 2021
    Tonnes of fun with your friends, at least for some time. Unfortunately it does get a bit repetitive(
    Left4Dead with mining.
  49. Sep 24, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Цель игры майнинг, вам постоянно нужно что-то добавать чтобы качать своего персонажа, как визуально так и физически, прокачав все улучшенния вам откроется возможность собирать ядра и в последствии заполнять их и выковывать модификации для оружия. В игре нет доната который влиялбы на ваше развитие. В общем хорошая игра, минус только за матчмейкинг можно было бы поставить, т.к он зависит от хоста который в любой момент может выйти или кикнуть вас с потерей всего намайненого вами Expand
  50. Sep 28, 2020
    ROCK & STONE,
    the review can stop here.
    I love the game, the maps, the feeling and the gameplay,
    the community is also great, so fun to play with others, it gives the perfect feeling of a space dwarf going to get some minerals
    And move your tin ass over here !
  51. Oct 19, 2020
    Awesome game, but sometimes hard to play. The connection acts strange and sometimes you cannot reach friends. But overall, the gameplay experience is amazing.
  52. Apr 8, 2021
    This game is an absolute joy to play whether with friends or with randos. A must play.
  53. Nov 23, 2020
    Top coop game, havent seen nothing so fun since many many years
    L4D mechanics at their best and rich fully destructible environment
  54. Jan 13, 2021
    Really good game, ill tell you that with 130 hours of single. Even alone with Bosko, its fun. Yeah,there is some grind but...hey, just pick up better difficulty. I know, 3+ is hard but....i know, i know, youll hate me but...git gud.
  55. Jan 14, 2021
    Is the perfect game. The music is awesome and variated. The design of the enemy's is very creative. The procedural caves are incredible and the different biomes make every play unique. When you play online it's to much better. In one word: it's the perfect game.
  56. Mar 12, 2021
    ALTIN zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  57. Mar 16, 2021
    Super fun game, playing with other people is fine, but it's super fun when you're playing with friends. It has difficulty scaling so you can choose to play at relaxing difficulty or straight up suicide mission.
  58. Apr 4, 2021
    DRG can be played in split-screen via NucleusCoop!

A great game taking inspiration from the best co-op shooter in the business - Left 4 Dead 2. It improves on said classic mainly via breadth of gameplay mechanics - the players now have objectives to complete other than simply going through a level, and Ammo and health have to be actively worked for instead of being given out at the
    DRG can be played in split-screen via NucleusCoop!

It improves on said classic mainly via breadth of gameplay mechanics - the players now have objectives to complete other than simply going through a level, and Ammo and health have to be actively worked for instead of being given out at the whim of a director AI.

On paper, the game should also have more replayability thanks to different character builds and character progression, random level generation and variety of mission types.
    The reason it doesn't succeed is how much less satisfying it is to finish any given level than in Valve's magum opus. Here are a few reasons:
    - Character progression makes difficulty fluid, taking away from the feeling of beating a set challenge
    - Missions are singular levels, which doesn't feel as substantial as a full L4D campaign. Instead of something that makes you feel accomplished and quit the game for the day, DRG's missions feel bite-sized.
    - The former issue is exacerbated by how boring the meta progression is after promoting each dwarf (you just grind for minor cosmetics and occasionally resources necessary for obtaining and crafting weapon mods, most of which are uninteresting)
    - Randomly generated levels simply can't be as interesting as hand-crafted ones. They don't have any pacing or distinct sections - just rooms that don't lead into one another in any intentional way like they would in a well designed, hand-crafted level.
    - Restarting levels takes ages, so you're heavily disincentivised to pick difficulties outside of your comfort zone

That being said, it's in close second place to L4D for the title of the best co-op shooter.

+ 4 very distinct classes that synergise very well in co-op
    + Alternative weapons for each class that feel and perform significantly differently
    + Reasonably flexible class/weapon tuning system without excessive grind
    + Good gunplay
    + Great, pleasing aesthetic that doesn't really get old
    + Variety of mission types
    + Generally good netcode
    + Low skill floor

- All issues previously mentioned
    - Bad solo experience. The game tries to adjust for having only one player by giving them a robot you can use in combat and to complete some tasks, but there are objectives a single player will have a disproportionally harder time completing even if they can hold their own in combat just fine. Even for those who prefer playing alone, co-op is a must for the game to be even close to as good as in multiplayer.
    - Performance could be better
    - Aim friction on impossible to turn off on controllers, reloading and interaction are both bound to a normal press of the X button, which causes a lot of issues
    - Mixed input (gamepad+mouse/keyboard) makes some buttons behave in unexpected ways
    - Steam can't crossplay with any other platform, whereas Xbox console players can join up with PC Xbox App/UWP players.
  59. Jul 11, 2021
    İçerik bi tık sıkıcı. Özellikle solo oynanmaz. Arkadaşlarla daha zevkli olabilir belki bilmiyorum.
  60. Jun 9, 2021
    Best coop multiplayer system in place.
    Basic comunication and toxic players can be banned without problems by server host.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 20 Critic Reviews

1. Oct 19, 2020
    In the gaming industry today, the multiplayer looter genre is by no means niche. But even with all the money thrown into these projects, most end up being mediocre due to unrealistic scope. Deep Rock Galactic by Ghost Ship Games manages to break the mold by creating a memorable experience in atmosphere, gameplay and cooperation. There are some limitations throughout, namely when it comes to story and graphics, but I never found these to hurt the immersion. The gameplay is addictively deep, while procedural generation and extensive loot keep me coming back for more. If you and your friends are fans of the multiplayer looter genre, or just love dwarves and space mining, you need not look any further than Deep Rock Galactic for your next gaming adventure.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jul 24, 2020
    Finally, a non-traditional co-op multiplayer game with very intense atmosphere. Original, dark and bearded, it is Deep Rock Galactic. No need to dig deeper. [Issue#304]
    With gorgeous visuals, pleasing soundscapes, extensive customization options, and plenty of gameplay variety, there’s something for everyone to enjoy in Deep Rock Galactic.