8.0

1. May 13, 2020
    Most fun you'll have with a video game this year. Tons of customization (dwarf cosmetics, weapon mods, weapon skins, perks, drone mods, etc.) that is all earned simply by exploring and playing the game.

The atmosphere is somehow incredibly tense but relaxed at the same time. The gunplay is spectacular and doesn't get old. All of the maps are procedurally generated and the assorted

All of the maps are procedurally generated and the assorted map modifiers are randomly assigned ensuring you never play the same dungeon twice, giving DRG insane replayability.

More content and fun than ANY $60 AAA game for half the price.

Don't sleep on this!
  2. May 14, 2020
    Pretty damn good game. It's super fun. Very much worth buying if you are into coop games!
  3. May 15, 2020
    The game is excellent, Incredible for those who love coop game and mining game.
  4. May 16, 2020
    One of the best co-op games out there right now. It feels like a mix of Warhammer: Vermintide and Minecraft
  5. May 15, 2020
    One of the best coop games I've ever played.
    My favorite thing about the game is the randomly generated maps. Every encounter with the aliens ( there are a lot ) are different.
    Good physics. Amazing gunplay. Perks, upgrades for the four dwarf classes. Great experience with friends.
    Lots of things to look forward.
  6. May 17, 2020
    One of the funniest and epic 4 player co-op shooters ever. They brought back the good ol' left for dead vibes but made this their own. A fantastic game solo or coop with loads of replay value.
  7. May 14, 2020
    The game that redefined what I love about coop games like Left 4 Dead or Vermintide.
    Years of development where devs delivered what was promised and added a lot of community requests.
    It's a blast to play with friends and surprisingly fun even with randoms across the world. Game is intense, not repetitive and community is just bunch of gorgeous dwarves. Still have hope to meet Karl

Still have hope to meet Karl who dig 10k nitra without using his pickaxe

Rock and Stone!
  8. May 13, 2020
    This is an awesome co-op experience, but also one that can also be played solo due to the excellent implementation of a companion mining/weapons platform bot.

I could write an essay about the immersion, the rich characters, the customization options, the various types of missions and the mostly great community. Due to the great depth (...) of various loadouts, procedurally generated maps, the four playable classes, and you-name-it, the game is incredibly replayable.

It will take a bit to get used to different classes, and sometimes you're bound to mess up and not perform your tasks according to others' expectations. When this happened to me, people were usually nice about it and helped me along. However, once you learn your class(es), the game becomes increasingly rewarding. It's an absolute blast playing in a well-organized group.

Also, the devs are fantastic! I purchased the game in early access and it was a pleasure seeing it develop over time. Because of this I have no doubt the game will continue to be actively supported and tweaked down the line.

Way to go, Ghost Ship Games. I hope you're celebrating with a round of Tuborgs (or Carlsbergs etc) tonight! :)
  9. May 14, 2020
    I don't know, somehow I found this game to be too laborious and not enjoyable.

You are always in a black cave and always run out of light flares. Would love for the beginner players to have an option to keep the lights on. Then, to always guess whether you are moving in the right direction... Maybe the game is just not for me. Would advise you to give it a try on Steam, where you
    I don't know, somehow I found this game to be too laborious and not enjoyable.

Then, to always guess whether you are moving in the right direction...

Maybe the game is just not for me.
    Would advise you to give it a try on Steam, where you can request a refund within 2 playing hours if you didn't like it.

Good luck,
    Al
  10. May 21, 2020
    Fantastic value for the money. Polished. The developers are great and really listens to the community. Such fun Co-op.
  11. May 23, 2020
    Absolutely sick for a 2gb game...

Lots of content. lots of stuff to farm for visuals and other upgrades...
    and sooo much fun...
    and also after 3 days.. my skill rose a bit.. and now its even more fun!
  12. May 20, 2020
    L4D2 + Minecraft + Helldivers + Dwarves
    I love this game there are all the ingredients to be one of my favourite
  13. May 21, 2020
    I subscribed now on metacritic to write this review because this is one of the best games I've been playing and enjoying in recent years.

RDG is a cooperative (up to 4 players) horde shooter, a mix of games like left 4 dead for the horde mechanic and drop in drop out system, minecraft because of course you have to mine and looter shooters because there is loot although it's mainly cosmetics.
    You get sent with a drilling pod in the caves under the surface of a rocky planet to do a different mission everytime.
    The caves are randomly generated and there are about 10 different mission types and a dozen different biomes each one with it's different challenges.

There are 4 classes, each one with its pros and cons, they work well when mixed together
    Gunner: heavy damage and can place ziplines
    Driller: can dig tunnels very easily
    Scout: has a hook and can run around the map like spider-man
    Engineer: heavy area damage and very good utils

Pro aspects of this game:
    * It doesn't require much commitment to play, once you reach level 25 with a class you have unlocked 90% of the stuff other players have, the rest is just cosmetic and mods that can change the behavior of your class. Also a mission lasts up to 30 min

* It feels too easy or too hard? just crank up/down the difficulty level.

* there's a bar where you can hang out with your mates before being sent to the next mission

* you can press V everytime something cool happens

* no microtransactions (there might be paid dlc in the future)

* Rock AND Stone brothers!
  14. May 21, 2020
    I have over 100 hours and I'm slowly convincing all my friends to buy it.
    Perfectly paced co-op gameplay with a great community that will drop in and help on any mission, and a progression system that seems to continue infinitely, not to mention the rock-solid mechanics and shooting with a variety of interesting weapons.
    A must-have for any team-based shooter fan, or anyone looking to
    I have over 100 hours and I'm slowly convincing all my friends to buy it.

A must-have for any team-based shooter fan, or anyone looking to have a good time with the dwarves.
    Crack open a cold one with the boys, it's time to ROCK AND STONE!

Generally favorable reviews - based on 12 Critic Reviews

1. May 25, 2020
    Deep Rock Galactic is one of the best cooperative games of these times.
  2. May 24, 2020
    The space dwarves’ mining adventure is quite entertaining as well as motivating – especially in co-op. Lack of variety keeps holding it back, though.
  3. May 21, 2020
    Deep Rock Galactic offers some enticing exploration, as discovering randomly generated caves can be a thrill each time, and the unique abilities of each class are fun to combine. But things quickly begin to grow stale, like the air this far down into the earth, with repetitive missions and little reason to grind out your experience levels.