8.8

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Jun 26, 2022
    A very nicely balanced game even on the higher difficulties. You got fun options most of the time. The graphics are great, the shooting is fking great (altough it takes some time to get accustomed to), the music slaps, theres a good amount content and yeah I'd recommend a playtrough. If you are a completionist you can go for more. The platforming sections imo are very hit and miss andA very nicely balanced game even on the higher difficulties. You got fun options most of the time. The graphics are great, the shooting is fking great (altough it takes some time to get accustomed to), the music slaps, theres a good amount content and yeah I'd recommend a playtrough. If you are a completionist you can go for more. The platforming sections imo are very hit and miss and takes up lots of level space. Also wtf do i need a bethesda account for? Expand
  2. Jun 24, 2022
    Simply the Best FPS ever made. The combat, the movement, the shooting, all of them are just chef's kiss.
  3. Jun 23, 2022
    I still really love the Doom franchise, I really like this story, mixed with brutal storytelling, environments, and in such bright colors. But there is one thing that I don't like here: the new combat system, as the first half of the game it was very uncomfortable for me to play due to the fact that the keyboard turns into a piano(saw for ammo, punch for health, set in fire for armor. ..I still really love the Doom franchise, I really like this story, mixed with brutal storytelling, environments, and in such bright colors. But there is one thing that I don't like here: the new combat system, as the first half of the game it was very uncomfortable for me to play due to the fact that the keyboard turns into a piano(saw for ammo, punch for health, set in fire for armor. .. juggle this and other similar trifles). When you find improvements to these parameters in the second half of the game, it becomes a little bit easier, but this piano does not go anywhere.
    Many people liked the dynamism of such a game-play, but I did not like it.
    Also, I liked the variety of weapon upgrades and challenges, but didn't like the armor upgrades and runes - a very narrow direction that never fits my game-play.
  4. Jun 22, 2022
    Much better game than the previous which I found sort of overrated if we are being honest.
  5. Jun 21, 2022
    "You can't just blow a hole through the surface of mars." *The main character proceeds to blow a hole through the centre of mars*
  6. Apr 26, 2022
    Rip & Tear until it is done!
    DOOM Eternal is the pinnacle of the Single Player First Person Shooter genre in many ways.
    The gameplay mechanics are flawless, everything works as intended, every single weapon serves its purpose very well and the skill tree is solid. The soundtrack is fantastic, fits perfectly with the aggressive gameplay, and most tracks are bangers. It's worth to note
    Rip & Tear until it is done!

It's worth to note that some areas look absolutely gorgeous!
    The level design is great, running around in the battlefield, slaying demons, parkouring and picking up unique power-ups never gets old.

However, in terms of gameplay I have one complain, I personally didn't enjoy the platforming, there's too much of it and most of the times it's completely unnecessary.

Also, the story is very bad, it's laughably pretentious, tries way too hard to make you feel cool and portrays Doom Slayer as a badass demon slayer in a... cringey way, every human worships him and gets scared of him as he's just minding his own business, I think it would've been better if there was some subtlety.

My biggest criticism would be the repetitiveness and the quest design.
    Every single mission felt like a fetch quest, and combined with some overpowered enemy types (specifically the Archvile), it made some parts of the game extremely frustrating.
    I really liked the Marauder though, he's perhaps one of my favorite enemy types in the game.

All in all, this game feels like a blast from the past.
    It's very arcadey and old school but modern at the same time and I liked that! Even though it gets repetitive at times, it's such a "videogame" in every sense of the word.

Final Rating: "Great" ~ 8/10.
  7. Jun 18, 2022
    Love the gunplay in this game. Feels so refined and smooth. The story is pretty decent.
  8. Jun 18, 2022
    Complex but nice Story with driving audio tracks.
    Could imaging replaying this gem which ist said enough
  9. Jun 6, 2022
    I can't say I enjoyed it, I loved Doom 2016, bui this one seems to be more about puzzle, jumping and finding a way to progress further, with which I had no problem in previous Doom. I died more because of falling down than in combat. Maybe call the game Jumping eternal..
  10. Jun 3, 2022
    Наверное я просто слишком люблю дум 2016 и не могу от него абстрагироваться, но играть в это и уж тем более на максимальной сложности просто скучно.
    Темп боя ужасно рванный, ты не будешь истреблять демонов ради их истребления и иногда подпитки ресурсами, ты будешь их истреблять исключительно ради ресурсов.
    Карманы думгая стали катастрофически маленькими. Без прокачки туда влезет лишь 12 патронов дроби.
    Хочешь больше? Исследуй карту, занимайся платформингом, рви темп игры еще больше.
    Проблема игры в том, что она не дает тебе выбрать стиль игры с любимым набором пушек, а определяет его за тебя - крутись как белка в колесе, бесконечно используя ВСЕ виды оружия и ВСЕ способности, обязательно исследуй все уголки карты, иначе проиграешь.
    Чтобы единая формула игры вдруг не сломалась, тебе всегда услужливо подбросят пачку хилым мобов, спаун которых тут бесконечен.
    По прокачке - от неё стало зависеть слишком много и она просто стала перегруженной.
    Кому то нравится платформинг, но у меня кроме смеха и огорчения крутящиеся в воздухе огненные цепи (на манер супер марио брос) не вызвали никаких других эмоций.
    Обучение тоже стало очень лояльным - перед встречей с каждым противником тебе услужливо покажут мультик, как его правильно убивать/где его слабые места .
    Для меня это минус, т.к. в моем представлении хорошая игра всегда предоставляет игроку хоть немного свободы исследования процесса. Этот же момент немного переходит мою внутреннюю черту.
    Музыка мне не запомнилась, но тут на вкус и цвет. Но что не на вкус и цвет - мне одному показалось, что у музыки низкий битрейт? Звучит поносно.
    Не смотря на все вышеперечисленные недостатки (субъективные, разумеется), игра запросто найдет своего пользователя.
    Техническое исполнение на высоте, и, в целом, описанные проблемы не столь критичны.
    Просто не ожидайте тут увидеть тот самый дум, который заставил вновь почувствовать вкус классики на современный лад.
    Эту игру можно считать своеобразной эволюцией серии, просто она не для меня.
    Попробовать её однозначно стоит.
  11. Jun 2, 2022
    Very fun movement and gunplay. I have nothing else to add to be honest with you.
  12. Jun 2, 2022
    Nettes. Spiel es hat echt viel Spaß gemacht. Mehr davon! Nicht zu lang, nicht zu kurz. Genau richtig.
  13. Jun 1, 2022
    Doom Eternal itself is simply fantastic and has love bursting at the seams. The movement is fluid and quickly becomes second nature. The campaign is endlessly charming, its level design pristine, and its plot compelling. Its peaks are sublime and plentiful, and the worst it has to offer is still perfectly competent.
  14. Jun 1, 2022
    Dude. Why would you not get this game? The movement mechanics allow for so much room to grow, and there's so much for you to experiment with.
  15. May 28, 2022
    booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom
  16. May 25, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best and true fps game. like countless amazing dead heavy metals. Better then overwatch. the most uninteresting and boringone game in this world. Expand
  17. May 16, 2022
    upgrade every aspect of the first doom, is even more difficult because there is a lot more hard enemys at once and you need to use the correct weapons, the fight are way more dynamic, they even put some back story about the doom slayer, vega, samuel hayden, and story about the new race aka, the maykrs, who use the hell dimension to consume worlds to their "long live", relly good storyupgrade every aspect of the first doom, is even more difficult because there is a lot more hard enemys at once and you need to use the correct weapons, the fight are way more dynamic, they even put some back story about the doom slayer, vega, samuel hayden, and story about the new race aka, the maykrs, who use the hell dimension to consume worlds to their "long live", relly good story about hell there, the soundtrack is spectacular, i dont know why people doesnt like, the only
    bad part of this doom is the platform parts, they maybe be too confusing sometimes, and the hud and menu are terrible bad btw.

DLC: make it even better.
  18. May 11, 2022
    Doom Eternal is fifth major installment in the legendary FPS series Doom. It is also a direct sequel to the 2016 Doom. I really enjoyed the 2016 game and I was not let down this time either. Doom Eternal does not really change much from its predecessor and that is a good thing, no reason to change something that worked great. Some tweaks were made to weapons, mostly balance oriented, forDoom Eternal is fifth major installment in the legendary FPS series Doom. It is also a direct sequel to the 2016 Doom. I really enjoyed the 2016 game and I was not let down this time either. Doom Eternal does not really change much from its predecessor and that is a good thing, no reason to change something that worked great. Some tweaks were made to weapons, mostly balance oriented, for example my favorite infinite ammo at full health was removed, but I have to say, it was probably necessary and a good decision. The graphics looks great, the graphics menu is kinda cool and interesting, it does not allow you to go over your GPU ram, that is a hard cap for you, but otherwise the game performs very well even on a bit older setups. The game font is classic Doom and very cool. The music is very nice as always, although for some reason, I do not think it was as good as in 2016. The story is simple, not long cutscenes, codex is short and completely optional, exactly what you expect and want from a Doom game. I played on the second highest difficulty all the way through, I had a few deaths here and there, it was perfect for me. I think second to last boss fight was the hardest for me. The game has some minor cosmetics microtransactions despite the promise it will have absolutely none, that is a shame, also no SJW politics. I have not played the DLCs yet.

With Doom Eternal you get exactly what you expect, I have been playing Doom since mid nineties and I hope there is plenty more to come in this great series. Final Verdict: 87 %
  19. May 8, 2022
    Honestly a great game, probably the best or one of the best games i have played.
  20. Apr 29, 2022
    It's simply the best movement-based shooter I know. So if you like fast gameplay and shotters this is the game
  21. Apr 27, 2022
    A bit slow, not really an FPS, more a beat them all in First Person, but that is cool !
  22. Apr 27, 2022
    A great action FPS that is ruined by a few game breaking bugs that force you to restart entire levels. Still not patched after 2 year, so be warned.
  23. Apr 24, 2022
    It's the raw cerebral intensity of Quake married with Doom's enemy roster and its violent, cathartic attitude. Enjoying this game requires a certain frame of mind, a certain willingness to push yourself and to think in the heat of the moment. But it's extremely rewarding if you meet it on its own terms. Nearly every weapon feels like it has a significant role, a stark contrast to DoomIt's the raw cerebral intensity of Quake married with Doom's enemy roster and its violent, cathartic attitude. Enjoying this game requires a certain frame of mind, a certain willingness to push yourself and to think in the heat of the moment. But it's extremely rewarding if you meet it on its own terms. Nearly every weapon feels like it has a significant role, a stark contrast to Doom 2016's promotion of 2 weapon playstyles. Ammo counts have been massively reduced, pushing the player towards intelligent use of their loadout. Overall, the way I would describe this difference is that Doom 2016 treats its weapons as a set of toys, in which any can be used at any time without too much consequence. Doom Eternal treats them as tools, and you have to use them well to achieve success.

The Doom Slayer is more mobile in every possible way and the combat is even more fast paced. Enemies are smarter, more aggressive and more varied across the board. New abilities like the blood punch, flame belch and ice grenade have been added, and provide even more tactical depth.

The end result of all of this is a hyper-intense gameplay loop of constant movement, weapon swapping, and decision making. It makes you feel like a demon-slaying god when you finally overcome. It's extremely engaging to the point that I keep coming back even after like 4 playthroughs.

All in all, from a gameplay standpoint it's one of the best SP FPS games ever, and a clear improvement over Doom 2016 in all of the ways that matter most. There's really not much else like this in the modern market. In an age in which arena shooters and movement based shooters are dying and the market is overwhelmingly shifting towards slower, less intense genres like tactical shooters and Battle Royales, it's nice to know that a game like this can still be made and find success. I'll get sappy for a second and say this: Thank you, id Software. You're the only AAA developer that still cares about the things I value in a shooter.
  24. Apr 24, 2022
    DE is by far one of my favorite games, I've been playing it since it came out and it never gets old.
  25. Apr 23, 2022
    Worst Doom game.
    Enemies are bullets sponges so the shooting isn't that satisfying and you are forced into a repetitive game loop of chasing ammo which makes the worst thing about the 2016 game, the glory kills, pivotal. You cant even try to pretend the pathetic teleportation your character does once you hit the chainsaw button isn't there anymore.
    Just a boring and repetitive console
    Worst Doom game.
    Just a boring and repetitive console FPS, i couldnt believe how bad this game was and have aborted trying to finish it several times already.
    Lowered my rating just to piss off the rabid fanboys lmao
  26. Apr 23, 2022
    Great game, gunplay and movement feels awesome. Best shooter since Call of Duty 4.
  27. Apr 17, 2022
    This game is good. it has realistic and accurate physics in fighting, and is very satisfying to beat on harder difficulties. the unique AI in the game is like no other in FPS games. This is a very creative game in my opinion.
  28. Apr 16, 2022
    Best fps of all time and best Doom game of all time. Wow what a masterpiece.
  29. Apr 12, 2022
    This soundtrack is in no way inferior to the previous compositions of the old parts, it also blends wonderfully with the gameplay of the game. The plot seems not important in this game, but even I liked it a little.
  30. Apr 9, 2022
    Doom Eternal is one of the best movement based arena shooter. The last one was decent but massively overrated this one improves pretty much everything. Also **** the game awards.
  31. Apr 9, 2022
    Por favor este juego es perfecto en historia y el multijugador es bueno pero los servers valieron queso :
  32. Apr 9, 2022
    Insane game, and my favourite game too! Really fun to play, i really recommend playing it :)
  33. Apr 9, 2022
    After completing the campaign, I have to say this is up there as one of my all time favorite games.
  34. Apr 9, 2022
    its like Doom 2016 but it took some of walter whites finest meth and perfected it.
  35. Apr 9, 2022
    Really cool campaign, a lot of fun. Best movement I've played since advanced warfare.
  36. Apr 9, 2022
    I really like the gameplay, immersive experience, nice graphics. Single player campaign mode is really good and intuitive. Only drawback is official multiplayer is doodoo.
  37. Apr 9, 2022
    Just buy it. Unless you don't like euphoric displays of the most satisfying combat and movement interspersed with beautiful visuals and fascinating lore. This game is a masterpiece by every possible factor.
  38. Apr 9, 2022
    Just a super fun FPS game. Literally one of my favorites. Masterpiece and iconic.
  39. Apr 9, 2022
    Literally one of the best shooters to ever exist. The mechanics and fast paced gameplay create loads of fun, even when losing.
  40. Apr 9, 2022
    Campaign is amazing but the online is not very good. Still best fps game in years.
  41. Apr 9, 2022
    You have to have serious issues If you don't like it. Best fps game of all time.
  42. Apr 9, 2022
    The best FPS game of all time, period.
    The best gameplay.
    The goofiest story.
    The badass soundtrack.
    Doom.
  43. Apr 4, 2022
    Karşılaştığım en iyi FPS oyunlarından biri. Birinci sınıf oyun çok iyi şeyler.
  44. Apr 4, 2022
    I didn't like the Doom 2016 when it came out never understood the appeal. It was like a bland Halo and painkiller mixed together with Doom 3 art style never felt like true Doom game. I loved Doom 1 and 2. Doom 3 was not bad either but it was its own thing. Was huge fan over Quake, Serious Sam and Unreal Tournament games. So when this one was released I thought I would dislike it likeI didn't like the Doom 2016 when it came out never understood the appeal. It was like a bland Halo and painkiller mixed together with Doom 3 art style never felt like true Doom game. I loved Doom 1 and 2. Doom 3 was not bad either but it was its own thing. Was huge fan over Quake, Serious Sam and Unreal Tournament games. So when this one was released I thought I would dislike it like previous but I am surprised how much I liked this one. The art style for this one is great it looks much more like the originals but in modern HD graphics. The gameplay is a fun refined version of the previous with crazier movement, tougher challenge, more refined combat, more interesting levels and cooler enemies to fight. I also got more Warhammer or Quake gothic vibes from levels which was great. I would give it 8.5 but on Metacritic you have to give a non decimal number so I give it a 9. Expand
  45. Apr 4, 2022
    The game is great but I am just here to laugh at the troll tier brain rot negative reviews. Game has jumping therefore bad is all the negative reviews you see ignoring the game is still 70% balls to the wall combat. Maybe Quake and Titanfall are bad games because of jumping according to these people or maybe they never heard the term movement arena shooters before or maybe they forgot DoomThe game is great but I am just here to laugh at the troll tier brain rot negative reviews. Game has jumping therefore bad is all the negative reviews you see ignoring the game is still 70% balls to the wall combat. Maybe Quake and Titanfall are bad games because of jumping according to these people or maybe they never heard the term movement arena shooters before or maybe they forgot Doom 2016 literally also had jumping and platforming. Also if you misstep a platform in 2016 you died and had to reload an entire checkpoint in Eternal it takes a bit of health away and puts you back to the place you were. One guy even said he dead more in Eternal from platforming which is laughable because that means they had to repeatedly fail a straight forward platforming section that even a 5 year old can complete 30 times before they lost all the health and dead lol. Some of the points make zero sense and have to be trolls. Expand
  46. Apr 3, 2022
    This is the best game in the series. Best combat, best movement, best levels, best enemies, etc..
  47. Mar 7, 2022
    Player needs to find a way to pass the mission

fighting is difficult

Variety of weapon modification options
  48. Mar 5, 2022
    ένα από τα καλύτερα βίντεο παιχνίδια που έχω παίξει ποτέ στη ζωή μου
    Mick gordon is a god
  49. Mar 5, 2022
    Doom Eternal is incredible. All the gore, the platforming (which could use some improving) and most importantly the combat is great. Performance was good and so was the graphics and art style. This game even has no microtransactions and great cosmetics! And you can even play the original Doom in this. You get a lot for your money here
  50. Mar 4, 2022
    Very intense and FPS that I was looking for all these years. If you're COD player this game won't fit you. Like, on COD cover fire and wound and wait to heal. In Doom it reversed.
    Game is very quick and tiring. I couldn't play 2 episode in one day.
    My only dislike is when you fight with a boss this should be unique not to come every battle, I'm talking about marauder.
  51. Mar 1, 2022
    BUY THIS GAME!

Gameplay: 10
    Story: Who cares its DOOM
    Enjoyment: 9 (Would be a 10, but I encounter a few glitches, while hilarious these can be game ruining.)
  52. Mar 1, 2022
    In my opinion this game is the best game in the DOOM saga. his forte is combat, the most frenetic in the history of these mythical games. but, although DOOM has never had much of a history, this title is responsible for closing several gion holes caused by DOOM 2016. people say that the marauder is very hard to kill but that's the fun, the marauder is an enemy just like you.
  53. Feb 23, 2022
    This game has probably the most satisfying gameplay and combat i have ever experienced. everything feels so smooth and when you really start to develop all the skills needed to beat the game combat encounters feel amazing. the only problem i really have is the story and I don't really have a big problem with it. the main thing I criticize about the story is that the main story presented toThis game has probably the most satisfying gameplay and combat i have ever experienced. everything feels so smooth and when you really start to develop all the skills needed to beat the game combat encounters feel amazing. the only problem i really have is the story and I don't really have a big problem with it. the main thing I criticize about the story is that the main story presented to you is fun and entertaining but definitely nothing to go crazy about. if you really want a good story you will need to read all of the codex you collect throughout the levels which most people are not going to do. but the main strory that is presented is still entertaining and enjoyable so i dont really have much of a problem with it. the amazing level design and gameplay is what really makes this game shine. Expand
  54. Feb 23, 2022
    Distinctive Combat Style and Remarkable levels filled with hand-crafted arenas. The closest Quake/Unreal tournament grindset you can ever get in 2020 plus incredible art style, sound design and oh man how I should describle the soundtrack. This is the most overlooked game in 2020. Super contender for GOTY instead of TLOU2.
  55. Feb 21, 2022
    Cambia varias cosas con respecto a la anterior entrega, un juego mas alejado de la jugabilidad clásica de los DOOM y mas centrado en la ejecución perfecta de cada enemigo en el momento justo, estética mas caricaturesca, una atmosfera menos seria, mayor dificultad y un armamento totalmente letal.
    A mi gusto el cambio orientado a la ejecución especifica de cada enemigo hace que se aleje bastante del estilo de juego clásico de los originales y no permite la experimentación con todas las armas ni la libertad de enfrentarte a cada enemigo como uno quiera.
  56. Feb 21, 2022
    This game was so life-changing for me it has amazing mechanics and non-repetitive gameplay. It reminds me of stardew valleys and I cant wait for them to port this game to the Nintendo 64. Oh, wait they did its called unreal tournament this game is such a ripoff and honestly is a waste of money.
  57. Feb 20, 2022
    DarkSouls-like Mario Eternal in MK lore with a Halo-clown in a Predator costume as the main character. If you're wondering how it works, just watch the "Doom Monsters Evolution 1993-2020 Direct Comparison" video: there is NO MOTION ANIMATION IN IDLE MODE for MarioEternal enemies. That's it. This is a circus, not DooM anymore, not a space marine's tragedy.

Gameplay [all the worst of

Gameplay [all the worst of '2016] and:
    combat mechanics [grinding of supplies, purple slime for you only, non-lethal melee] 4/10
    combat logic [120kg Mario parkour, doubledash, absurd grind, SSG hook, punching walls/boxes/greenButtons, but non-lethal melee] 0/10
    atmosphere [absurd flying, absurd grind, green wolfs, 1UPs, reviving system, really? SSG hook? outer space? cutscenes in AFPS, VEGA secretary] 0/10

Story 3/10

Graphics [bad winter, bad style, green wolfs etc.] 8/10

Sounds & music [bad gunshots, bad UI sfx, annoying warnings] 7/10

Just a spit in the face of DooM connoisseurs. H. Martin, get lost. And never touch the Quake franchise!
  58. Feb 18, 2022
    Easily the best game of 2020 underrated asf. Best Gunplay on any fps ever hands down.
  59. Feb 18, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Campaign:

The Gameplay is a gigantic improvement over DOOM 2016. In DOOM 2016 I felt like I was just shooting enemies until they flashed. In DOOM Eternal, with the new destructible demons mechanic first mentioned at QuakeCon 2018, it tells you (visually) that you are actually dealing damage, and it's oddly satisfying.
    Since there are multiple weapon mods for multiple weapons, you can mix/match them to perfect your playstyle

The basic core of DOOM Eternal's gameplay is, Flame belch for armor, chainsaw for ammo, and glory kill for health. You have to constantly keep track of these important aspects on your HUD, otherwise you won't make it really far. There's another new mechanic that makes you faster, known as "dashing", this is for avoiding enemy fire or to get out of a danger zone. Keeping track of these statistics and staying on the move will help you survive, a LOT. And by doing so, you will have a lot of fun in this fast-paced action, blood-boiling and adrenaline-fueling game.

Personally the base-campaign story (not the codex entrys) is kinda "meh" for me, compared to DOOM 2016's. Samuel hayden and VEGA have been overwritten to expository dialogue, and now its just like the whole summary of the story is "it is your people's time now to give penance, just as it was mine" which if you ask me, sounds like a whole lot of demon propaganda.
    Overall the story is up to your interpretation, this was just my view. But you should definitely give the codex entries a read, they're a lot better than most dialogue.

And as well, in DOOM 2016 you had tons of DOOM guy collectibles, well now every demon has their own collectible (also there's 1 doomslayer collectible) which are really cute toys found around the campaign and you can view the ones you collected in the Fortress of DOOM, for those who like exploring outside the main path to progress.

Man, don't get me started on the environmentals. In DOOM 2016 and also the previous games, we were only really set in mars and hell. I'm glad ID Software decided to flesh out the environments some more, and maps like Urdak are stunning, because Mars and Hell were getting pretty stale (this includes dlc environments too), and I'm so glad because we actually get to visit places we've never been before in a DOOM game.

They even decided to bring the old art style of old enemies, such as the soldier / shield soldier, which I'm glad they did. I was not a fan of DOOM 2016's enemy design at all. Thanks again ID.

Multiplayer:
    Overall, DOOM 2016's multiplayer had a lot more variety. Such as team deathmatch and various other modes.Compared to DOOM Eternal with battlemode being the only (current) multiplayer mode, I doubt DOOM Eternal's community side will live long, it's the only mode and it's just a mode with 2 player demons vs 1 slayer. And a lot of people are REALLY waiting on Invasion, which was announced that it would be at launch but it was unfortunately delayed because of COVID (correct me if I'm wrong).
    And with the removal of snapmap, a god-like map editing and ai-implementing system (similar to Halo's FORGE mode), the community can't really share their own content. Which is unfortunate, but man, just the thought of how big maps could be, COOP, etc. The possibilities would've been limitless. Especially when you compare a DOOM Eternal campaign map size to 2016's.

Campaign DLC (Story) (SPOILERS AHEAD):

Man, those endings (of both dlc 1 and 2) were some plot-twists. Personally I liked what DLC 1 had going as VEGA being the father because he was your homie the past 2 games, and now in DLC 2 it's just a "Davoth (Satan) is God" kind of thing. Which is weird but, ID you do you. Like I said before, it's all just personal preference.
    The gameplay was extended even further beyond, especially with the Hellbreaker (betrayer's axe) and more enemies (though most were just reskinned enemies with different abilities, like the chaingunner being brought back (reskin of shield soldier), and other odd enemies such as the turret.
    It's even more adrenaline-fueling when you're playing the DLC's for the first time, because new enemies such as the spirit are gonna make you go on an acid trip.

The singleplayer experience of this game makes it worth the $60
  60. Feb 15, 2022
    doom 2016yı ilk denemede sevmiştim ama bu oyunu biraz zor sevdim ama tam sevdim .platformun fazla olması dışında sorunu yok 2016dan da daha iyi kat kat.Baştan sona efsane bir oyun.Kesinlikle öneriyorum .
  61. Feb 14, 2022
    Forget about the story, it's all about the genius gameplay.
    You have to move fast, to think fast and to aim right, all at the same time.
    They found a way to keep the player into their game and even thought about letting him breathe between two infernally paced combats. While constantly moving to avoid a certain death, you have to think about shooting, about using your chainsaw to refill
    Forget about the story, it's all about the genius gameplay.
    You have to move fast, to think fast and to aim right, all at the same time.
    While constantly moving to avoid a certain death, you have to think about shooting, about using your chainsaw to refill your ammo, about using your flamethrower to get back some armor and about which weapon to use and how to use it in order to be the most proficient slayer as possible.
    And I deliberately didn't mention many other gameplay details, so you don't think it's overwhelming. Because it's not, the game teaches you to master all those things progressively.
    Not to mention the great optimization, the astonishing graphics, the perfect audio atmosphere and the unusual duration for this kind of game, plus an immense replay value and various game mods.
    Probably the most entertaining and brilliant FPS I've ever played.
  62. Feb 14, 2022
    Action packed AAA FPS which is full of gore and violence. Glory kills look great.
  63. Feb 6, 2022
    Why this game is so good, finished 2 times the game on nightmare and ultra-nightmare, played the 1'DLC 2 times, 2'DLC 2 times , and i am going back again for killing some demons, the graphics is 10/10, the story [cutscenes] is 10/10 are badass, the movement is 9/10, DLC 1&2 10/10. what do you need more from a game. and the music ooo the music is 100/10
  64. Feb 3, 2022
    There's not much to be said here. The game packs a very powerful punch and improves in ways I never thought were possible from the Doom 2016 reboot.

It's a fantastic title and worthy of the praise it has gotten. Single player games are not dead, it's games like Doom that prove it time and time again. I can't find a single bad thing to say about the campaign, it's fun and will keep you

I can't find a single bad thing to say about the campaign, it's fun and will keep you entertained for 20 hours or so, especially on higher difficulties where absolute mastery of the games mechanics is a must in order to succeed.
  65. Feb 3, 2022
    Very fast paced gameplay that is really cool and quite hard gameplay at times the gore is great gameplay is great and it's one of the best in the franchise!
  66. Feb 1, 2022
    DooM по-прежнему остаётся САМЫМ ЛУЧШИМ шутером. DooM Eternal стал намного драйвовее DooM'а 2016, продолжился сюжет и новые треки для расчленёнки демонов появились.
  67. Jan 30, 2022
    Шедевр. Обожаю эту игру. Прошёл я её всего за 3 дня.
    +У этой игры офигенный саундтрек.
  68. Jan 29, 2022
    The longer the Icon of Sin is on Earth, the stronger it becomes.

The longer the Icon of Sin is on Earth, the stronger it becomes.

I honestly can't think of what else to say. The game is a masterful example of a game done right. The movement is snappy, fluid and fun. The combat is smooth as silk, it is fast paced brutal action that flows so so well. The visuals and art direction are of a quality that all fans and developers should aspire to, managing to evoke the same feelings that the art of the originals did so many years ago. The work of the audio team brings the same energy and style that they brought to 2016, there are very few games whose music can count itself among my general listening playlist, and this is a proud addition to that.

When the time comes to look back on the top games of the decade, I expect DOOM Eternal to be a prominent entry.

11 out of **** 10. I'm just sorely disappointed that John Romero's severed head didn't make an appearance with the final boss.
  69. Jan 27, 2022
    Would I Play It Again?: Yes
    Where Does It Rank In My Top 500 Video Games of All Time List?: 15

Rating: 90/100
  70. Jan 23, 2022
    Great game big improvement over the previous. Good set pieces and graphics.
  71. Jan 23, 2022
    Doom eternal, is a power fantasy-fast paced fps game.
    Doom eternal, is a power fantasy-fast paced fps game.
    I think, Doom's first person shooter experience is almost perfect. There is a lot of unique enemy types whic has all unique ability and animation set's. All the enemy's has their own weak spot's and fighting styles. By dint of the enemy variotions and the doom's fast paced gameplay, Game doesn't get bored players untill the next new mechanic. Doom's tempo doesn't interrupted until last few hours of the storyline.
    Almost each chapter has their own new unique mechanics. And with these new mechanics, game still staying fresh untill tempo starts stumble. In the last quarter of the storyline, game's tempo interrups suddenly. Game begins to show no more new mechanics, and this problem becomes much more boring as much as you play without new mechanics. The worst part of the game is definitely level design.
    generally, level design of the doom divides into two parts. The combat areas and the paths leading combat areas or final objectives.
    The combat area's has no lacking part. They are full of nostagic, fast pace supportive level designs. But the second part of the level design is completly disaster. Game never supports the player to find them way. the interactiveble elements of the environment which used for the puzzle and plartforms are never shown spesificly. And as a result of such a lacking level design work, player's, even can suffer too hard to only find a way, and can waste too many minutes while searching a singel clue for puzzle or plartforms.
    Doom's second part of the level design is %100 percent garbage work. And this lacking deserves at least -3 point.
  72. Jan 18, 2022
    RIP AND TEAR! i love playing this game, i enjoyed getting all achievements and completing the game on the infamous ultra nightmare difficulty
  73. Jan 17, 2022
    달라진 게임성에서 전작보다 더 높은 점수를 주고싶다. 스토리의 확장도 성공적이였고 여러 무기를 쓰도록 설계하면서도 도전정신을 불러일으킬 정도의 난이도도 합격.
  74. Jan 14, 2022
    Absolute beauty of a game, had me hooked for the entire story mode and definitely one of the best games ive played last year.
  75. Jan 13, 2022
    Doom Eternal, is the greatest action FPS game of all time. Nothing can top this masterpiece.
    Doom Eternal's soundtrack helps the set the games tone. Mick Gordon really out did himself.
  76. Jan 12, 2022
    This is the most fun you'll ever have playing a video game in your entire life. DOOM Eternal is awesome and if you think otherwise then you're stupid.
  77. Dec 30, 2021
    I enjoyed it as much as the first classic Dooom.
    The difficulty, soundtrack, weapons and enemies are perfect.
    One of my all time favorite games.
  78. Dec 27, 2021
    I have played this game for over 162 amazing hours. Every second of gameplay has and always will be fun.
  79. Dec 26, 2021
    Bonkers game. I actually didn't like the previous Doom that much and found it really bland and overrated. This game is actually great and fun. The levels a varied, there is huge roster of enemies, movement is great and gun combat is butter smooth.
  80. Dec 23, 2021
    A masterpiece that ruined singleplayer shooters for me. It improved on every gameplay aspect of Doom 2016 to the absolute extreme.

Very tight game design that creates incredibly tense and interesting challenges with its varied enemy types. The game is much harder than 2016, but on lower difficulties you can still get the more forgiving mindless carnage. The harder difficulties require from you quick reflexes, quick thinking and managing your resources which create a gameplay loop that is unlike any other.

Even if the score might say otherwise, the game isn't perfect however. The story is embarrassingly awful, it has pointless platforming sections and some jarring invisible walls.

But as you can see with the score, those issues don't impact the perfect and revolutionary gunplay which is still the vast majority of the game.
  81. Dec 21, 2021
    Very fun and satisfying game play, well optimized and just an overall great game
  82. Dec 21, 2021
    This game is a hell of a lot of fun! My only issue is that some of the tutorials hand hold too much. I know they can be disabled but I wish the game didn't reveal how to beat enemies(which aren't even best strategies anyway watch Under the Mayo on being creativity for Doom).
  83. Dec 21, 2021
    Great game absolutely fabulous. Best fps combat I've experienced in a long time.
  84. Dec 21, 2021
    This is an amazing game with unqiue movement physics and gameplay. Graphics sick.
  85. Dec 21, 2021
    1. Buy the game.
    2. Play as the slayer
    3. Commit heinous warcrimes against demons from hell
    4. Profit.
  86. Dec 21, 2021
    I just finished the entire campaign in one go. Just could not stop playing. Gameplay is too good.
  87. Dec 21, 2021
    This game has an amazing campaign with one of the best fps I have ever seen in a high mobility first person shooter.
  88. Dec 21, 2021
    A must play for fps fans. Constant action and adrenaline pumping moments make this one of my all time favorite games.
  89. Dec 21, 2021
    This game destroys 2016 and is best game in the series along with Doom 2. Almost everything about it was a big improvement. I also like how this game is taking the series into more movement based, skill based and Quake like direction.
  90. Dec 21, 2021
    Fantastic game. It was what the predecessor always should have been. Deep challenging arena shooter with fantastic combat and movement. I also love how this game looks more like original games in modern graphics and less like a painkiller/Doom 3 wannabe like the last game.
  91. Dec 21, 2021
    Doom Eternal is an amazing game and massive improvement over Doom 2016 which was bland overrated game. The gun play is smooth and effective not taking away from the clean, exciting movement which is the biggest selling point.
  92. Dec 20, 2021
    have decent graphics and gun feel is good, story is mediocre, and online muliplayer doesn't work for me.
    the game is exremely fast with so much animations in your face making it hard to see what is going on, platforming is boring and sometimes confuses me, and there is a consistant lack of ammo at almost the end of each fight, not every time there is small minions to kill to get ammo, not sure if this is intended or a bug.
    i understand why alot of people like this game, but it is not perfect as some people claim, i found doom (2016) to be more consistant and focused, with doom eternal looks better of course, more colorful and more enjoyable gun experience but it adds to much unnecessary stuff like platforming which make it unfocuesd.
    another thing, the game like to keep conecting to the internet alot even when playing the campaign and i found that to be annoying.
    i didn't want to finish the game because it became annoying than fun at certain point.
  93. Dec 20, 2021
    For me the best DOOM ever!
    Awesome everything!!!
    I no have other words to tell ...
  94. Dec 19, 2021
    D:E is a great game. It plays very fluidly, it's intuitive and the campaign is just enough to get you hooked.
  95. Dec 17, 2021
    My favorite shooter of all time beating Half Life 2. The game is just amazing.
  96. Dec 17, 2021
    Absolutely amazing. The movement mechanics, the gunplay, combat coordination and amazing level design.
  97. Dec 11, 2021
    Stunning. Everything in this game has been fine tuned to perfection. The movement based combat is fun and keeps everything fresh.
  98. Dec 11, 2021
    The campaign alone is amazing, albeit bit too long imo. It's like 18 hours for the campaign but I enjoyed every minute.
  99. Dec 11, 2021
    This game absolutely slaps. My god. Definitely top 10 best fps game period bar none.
  100. Dec 11, 2021
    Movement and speed is the key to play this. Wow what a game. Grapple shotgun is god levels.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 61 Critic Reviews

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jul 22, 2020
    The murderous amok simulator returns and is even more furious than before. Fantastic presentation and great fighting system are harmed only by annoying platforming sequences. [Issue#302]
  2. May 1, 2020
    If you're looking for a deep and thought-provoking gaming experience that changes your outlook on life, look elsewhere. However, if you want a fast-paced, visceral shooter full of non-stop action and outrageous violence, you can't do better than Doom Eternal. If you liked 2016's offering you will love this follow up. It's a hell of a good time.
  3. Apr 19, 2020
    Like Jason Statham’s character in Crank, Doom Eternal needs adrenaline every waking second. So long as you drown hordes of demons in their own blood, it feels like a perfect GOTY contender, but during quiet moments, Doom Eternal withers and forces you to ponder unpleasant questions. id Software needs to course-correct, otherwise we’ll be playing Super Doom Slayer’s Bros in a few years.