6.7

1. Jan 11, 2020
    This is without any doubt one of the best games I ever played.
    The story is nothing incredible but still enjoyable, the gameplay tho is something special, take Minecraft, Animal Crossing and Dragon quest, combine them and you got an amazing game where you'll spend hours and hours crafting things and watching your little base grow and expand.
    Also if you are not sure about the purchase,
    This is without any doubt one of the best games I ever played.
    Also if you are not sure about the purchase, remember that they provide an enormous demo on steam, like 15 hours of gameplay and after that you can buy and continue from where you left on the demo.
  2. Jan 3, 2020
    I play and more if you play in Switch !!! At first I was bored but then I loved it.
  3. Jan 16, 2020
    At some point in this game you will end up in a prison, where you do exactly as you are told. Meaning that you collect and waste endless resources to build stuff other people demand from you while occasionally hitting stuff.

All of that is accompanied by breathtaking plot logic, like not being able to return to your cell during a stealth sequence because you "tried to escape". And when you finally did it, the game crashes once more, so that you can do it all over again.

And at some point you will wonder: Why would I want to escape? This is exactly the same crap you've been doing for roughly 30 hours now: Not having any freedom, listening to endless ramblings, being insulted, threatened and blackmailed by one-dimensional NPCs, button mashing the same three-and-a-half enemy types, sleeping and eating.

The core idea is wonderful, and the core mechanic of building settlements, slowly progressing and unlocking new techniques, crafting stations, blocks while farming, fishing and taming creatures would make for a great game. Instead you are constantly fulfilling pointless goals, erect useless buildings, presented with 10.000 lines of dialogue where you get explanations like "This is a pumpkin" or pondering for long minutes what kind of metal you just found.

I can't go on. The terrible music alone broke me. So if you find yourself in that prison and stumble upon the corpse of a blonde prisoner, that's me. Lay down a cube of sand in my honor. But exactly where you are told, and read through another 20.000 words of dialogue, and enjoy the crash to desktop afterwards to do it all over again.

1. Jan 14, 2020
    While building is a joy, the hiccups in between make this an adequate experience for fans of the series.
  2. Jan 6, 2020
    Overall, this is a very solid port. While a few things could definitely be improved, it's still by far the best version of the game that you can play now, and I feel confident in giving it our strongest recommendation.
  3. Jan 6, 2020
    Dragon Quest Builders II is a game that provides the tools for one to craft some fascinating and detailed fantasy creations. The story is what drew me in, however. Dragon Quest Builders II is ultimately a game about fate and whether we are bound to our natures that hearkens to lore from the early Dragon Quest stories. Although rife with annoyances, the overall experience is worth it.