7.3

1. Jun 21, 2020
    It's... mediocre, I guess. It's basically Minecraft but with a cringeworthy story attached to it. It also suffers greatly from limits, intended to make it playable on the Switch.. Yeah, handheld console limitations on PC is ****

Another annoyance is just how much dialogue it has. I guarantee they could cut the amount of text down to less than half and they'd still get their stupid story across. In addition to that, the game seems to have been designed for very small children(as if the total lack of any kind of adult themes wasn't clear enough) as text that is unskippable is shown on screen far, far longer than it needs to. I was able to read the same dialogue text over five times before it finally proceeded to the next set of dialogue. It's annoying as hell.
  2. Jan 11, 2020
    This is without any doubt one of the best games I ever played.
    The story is nothing incredible but still enjoyable, the gameplay tho is something special, take Minecraft, Animal Crossing and Dragon quest, combine them and you got an amazing game where you'll spend hours and hours crafting things and watching your little base grow and expand.
    Also if you are not sure about the purchase,
    This is without any doubt one of the best games I ever played.
    Also if you are not sure about the purchase, remember that they provide an enormous demo on steam, like 15 hours of gameplay and after that you can buy and continue from where you left on the demo.
  3. Jan 3, 2020
    I play and more if you play in Switch !!! At first I was bored but then I loved it.
  4. Feb 5, 2020
    The 10 its just to balance the "0" put by a trol bombing review. The game is a solid 8. The story is ok (i played the first version on switch) and this version fixed all the problems that the original got, improve graphics and as a building game is fantastic. If you like minecraft and games like that you should try this one, it wouldnt dissapoint you.
  5. Jun 22, 2020
    It is the most popular RPG game in Japan.
    I think I managed to have fun.
    It's like a combination of Minecraft and RPG games.
  6. Apr 26, 2021
    bad pc port, further ruined by a bug that hangs the game after the tutorial that square has not fixed to this day.
    Also ruined by denuvo.
  7. Mar 12, 2020
    Cuenta una historia decente a través de la construcción. Me hubiera gustado un mundo abierto con las mecánicas de las habitaciones y trabajo. Un juego cumplidor, recomendado a quién le gusten los juego de aventuras y/o construcción.
  8. Jun 21, 2020
    DQB2 is a huge game. I played only the single player, and this is a 90 hours games easy. The story is interesting especially if you are acquainted with DQ. The story is fun with some light drama. the building is easy and fun. Very intuitive. If there is something that is a bit on the negative side, is that blueprints aren't that easy to get. Also the story map, from world to world is veryDQB2 is a huge game. I played only the single player, and this is a 90 hours games easy. The story is interesting especially if you are acquainted with DQ. The story is fun with some light drama. the building is easy and fun. Very intuitive. If there is something that is a bit on the negative side, is that blueprints aren't that easy to get. Also the story map, from world to world is very similar. Good music. Limited voices overs,so, mostly text. The first loading is way too long. I give it 85%. This is a great RPG with building stuff that doesn't over complicated it's own structure. Expand
  9. Sep 2, 2020
    Game is kinda fun in the first and second island and feels like the gameplay is building up to something, but the game falls completely flat on itself on the third island where the protagonist is showed as a gutless coward who can't even defend his friend, it's so disgusting you can't do anything and then you're forced to take back the dudes from that island back. I deleted the game atGame is kinda fun in the first and second island and feels like the gameplay is building up to something, but the game falls completely flat on itself on the third island where the protagonist is showed as a gutless coward who can't even defend his friend, it's so disgusting you can't do anything and then you're forced to take back the dudes from that island back. I deleted the game at this point, really bad story telling and lazy gameplay design that builds up to nothing. Did you have fun in dragon quest games getting op rewards from mini medals? Here you get cosmetics and that's it. You can't even use magic and you're limited to 2 specials abilities during the whole game. Expand
  10. Sep 4, 2020
    Updated Review after patched version +5 points

My original review stopped midgame, where all the weaknesses of the game and a series of crashes came together and spoiled the otherwise wonderful concept. But now that I've had a whole 60-hour-run of "Dragon Quest Builders 2" without a single crash it has grown on me, and it's one of those games that save the best for last. If you
    Updated Review after patched version +5 points

If you are , like me, in love with the Minecraft formula, but can't for the life of you get into multiplayer games, this is a worthy alternative. The amount of blocks and items is amazing, and creating rooms and settlements that are actually used by NPCs is addictive. While the story and goals oftentimes seem stretched out and often feel like busywork, watching the whole village work on a blueprint or just living their daily life in whatever paradise (or little hell) you created never gets boring.

Every map is full of little sidequests, riddles and bosses that are worth exploring, with added randomly generated islands that come with their own challenges and will keep the game interesting long after you've finished the main quest. The ultimate reward for building and fighting through the campaign are up to four of those randomly generated biomes for free building, and there will be a long line of tools, functions and items left to unlock.

It unfortunately lacks any real challenge when it comes to combat or survival, and it's really hard to mess up. The control scheme is not always your friend, especially when you need precision or want to work on something fast. I spend a lot more time erasing mistakes or hitting the wrong thing than I should have, and the camera is not always on your side, either.

DQB2 is also still one of the chattiest games I've ever played. Even the save function comes with text box after unnecessary text box that need to be clicked away. Every little achievement has to be discussed, explained and commented on by every NPC who is involved; every small step of every quest will have epic explanations of the most mundane details; debating what happened, even though everyone was present, wondering what it means even though it has no meaning and pointing out the obvious in text box after text box will challenge you in all the wrong ways.

Every NPC will also have exactly one punchline, equivalent to the worst dad jokes out there, and they won't stop torturing you with it until you find yourself suffering from some sort of comedian Stockholm Syndrome; you will fall in love with them because you won't be allowed to kill them, and they just don't go away, and they just don't stop.

And unfortunately one of the main weaknesses is still there: The main antagonist IS the most antagonizing character I've seen in at least 10 years because whenever things get interesting he will appear with long lines of repetetive ramblings that are unskipable and will bring the whole world to a stop for minutes. Those monologues are displayed in total silence; it's a little bit like someone pressing the pause button whenever there's a climactic moment in a movie, and you have to wait until he returns from whatever he was doing.

Despite that the endgame is just hillarious and doesn't only come with a twist to the story, but also the whole formula. It gave me my favorite videogame vehicle in a long time and some unforgetable moments where even the dialogue becomes fun reading. Overall I'm glad I gave this another chance, and if the concept sounds interesting to you, it's well worth the buy.
  11. Feb 7, 2020
    [FR] un tres bon jeux on a pas eu la chance d avoire le un sur pc et le deux et la!

ca melange build facon minecraft et light rpg
    le jeux et tout mimi graphiquement et tres fluide
    mais avec juste c est 3 monde on sent que ca vas etre cour! (des dlc de prevue pour de nouvelle iles?)

Generally favorable reviews - based on 11 Critic Reviews

1. Jan 27, 2020
    Dragon Quest Builders 2 is one of the most fun and compelling voxel and creative experiences the genre can afford to a player. Even though it fails to use some of its features, as a co-op, and it possesses some smaller misconceptions here and there, it truly is a fascinating building RPG experience with the amount of content to provide you dozens upon dozens of hours of fun.
  2. Jan 14, 2020
    While building is a joy, the hiccups in between make this an adequate experience for fans of the series.
  3. Jan 6, 2020
    Overall, this is a very solid port. While a few things could definitely be improved, it's still by far the best version of the game that you can play now, and I feel confident in giving it our strongest recommendation.