6.3

1. Jun 24, 2014
    finally good racing game. no unnecessary crap, just pure racing. car's handling give satisfaction and feels like perfect mixture of simulation and arcade. great optimization, it works well on laptop with i3 and GF520M. in overall it feels more like TOCA series rather than GRID and it is a good way chosen by Codies.
  2. Jun 26, 2014
    Please remember it's an arcade racer. They never said it would be a simulation... just closer to simulation when compared to Grid 2.

The physics are fine (playing with a Fanatec GT3)... they're easy to learn and is predictable. Also the damage model is the quality that you expect from Codemasters, and poor driving resulting in crashing in to others or walls will make you pay in the long run.

The AI is lots of fun to be in a battle with. They do not wreck you (like seen in NFS: Shift series) as others are saying... but they can be aggressive and fully believe in the motto that "rubbin' is racing". Take this game lightly... when they push you, push back... have fun with it. If you want to be all serious, go to iRacing... that's what I do... this is just my aggressive racing release.

Graphics are fine... cockpit view is there, even though it is lazy. Loving it on triple screens. Great optimization (GTX 680 2GB)... Ultra on triple screens gets me never below 30fps, High gets me 60 or above. Free HD Texture pack is a bonus for those with 4K screens and the hardware to handle it.

The single player is lots of fun. Love that you can stick with the series that interests you, and skip the ones you don't care about. Love the full race weekend (practice/qual/race) and the unique rules for each series. Love the interaction between you and your crew in real time.

Honestly it's a really solid sim-cade racer that's just a blast to play. There's a few shortcomings with it, so I can't give it a 10... but it's a solid 8 in my books and I have no regrets with my purchase.
  3. Jul 15, 2014
    It's definitely better than GRID 2. Probably just a step below GRID 1 in terms of core gameplay. But it's really let down by:
    - the poor cockpit view (I'm glad they even put it in, but would really have preferred something that was polished..)
    - uninspiring single player. Sure, choosing a team is nice and all. But it really, really took away a core part of the feeling of progression that you got from the past GRID games, especially GRID 1. Maybe something like earning XP for teams would grant you rewards in some form, such as letting you use better performance parts and better tuning when you race with them in the future rather than having it be predetermined. It is a slightly improved type of "Driver Offer" career as seen from GRID 1.
    - The career is hyped for being all about "choosing your own discipline" and yet it feels like you should still be playing all the disciplines like a linear game because you can only unlock the GRID world series by grinding your less-favourite disciplines.

Multiplayer is where the game shines. Building your own garage is extremely satisfying, as is competing in the Racenet challenges and forming a crew. This is what the singleplayer should've been if they had not done the more offer-based career.

It's a good game overall. Its better than GRID 2 by far.
  4. Jun 27, 2014
    To much haters on this site which rate a game without even having played it. The game is worth a solid 8 but rating this game 3-1 or even 0 is just pure stupidity. I was skeptical too but now that I have played it for a while I can say it's actually way better than grid 2 which was really a fail. The Handling has all changed and the gameplay overall is great. Yeah the cockpit still sucksTo much haters on this site which rate a game without even having played it. The game is worth a solid 8 but rating this game 3-1 or even 0 is just pure stupidity. I was skeptical too but now that I have played it for a while I can say it's actually way better than grid 2 which was really a fail. The Handling has all changed and the gameplay overall is great. Yeah the cockpit still sucks but it's actually not that big of a deal when you are playing because you don't look on it anyway. Stop hating kids, test the game and than wright a constructive review and not that "uh this sucks lol 0 points" **** Thanks. Expand
  5. Jun 25, 2014
    Very solid racing game. Loads of features and great cars that handle well on the track. Online is superb and the Single Player is worth playing due to the challenging AI they have competing against you. Ignore the overly reactionary people who obviously only played the game for a few minutes and then wrote it off. Anyone concerned about the "overly aggressive AI" that other reviewersVery solid racing game. Loads of features and great cars that handle well on the track. Online is superb and the Single Player is worth playing due to the challenging AI they have competing against you. Ignore the overly reactionary people who obviously only played the game for a few minutes and then wrote it off. Anyone concerned about the "overly aggressive AI" that other reviewers mention, you can turn the difficulty down one notch and it makes a big difference. But to be honest, I appreciate the challenge. And once your dealing with the competition online, you'll be glad the AI has you prepared you for it.

A very fitting send off for Codemasters games this generation. They have consistently delivered Single Player and Multiplayer experiences worth playing and this follows suit.

I would recommend this to anyone who isn't obsessed with getting an improved graphics carbon copy of the first Grid game. Which I enjoyed the hell out of by the way. I also enjoyed Grid 2, which I will admit had a steep learning curve due to the braking handling systems. But once Grid 2 was mastered, it was extremely rewarding and gratifying.

The handling in this game feels a lot closer to Grid 1 while still being an evolution of the series. If your looking for a racing game with a lot of content to get obsessive over, this is the one! Lastly, this is a beautiful game that is wonderfully optimized on the PC. See you on the track!
  6. Jun 24, 2014
    I was waiting for this game since it was announced. And for me it does deliver, it looks great, cars i've driven so far seem to have nice handling and physics, AI is aggressive. Maybe a tad to aggressive, but at least you have to consider you're not alone on the track. I think it's a nice mix of arcade an sim like gameplay. I also love the option to make the races longer 2x, 3x lapsI was waiting for this game since it was announced. And for me it does deliver, it looks great, cars i've driven so far seem to have nice handling and physics, AI is aggressive. Maybe a tad to aggressive, but at least you have to consider you're not alone on the track. I think it's a nice mix of arcade an sim like gameplay. I also love the option to make the races longer 2x, 3x laps etc...). There are two cockpitviews. The real cockpitview is abysmal, it just looks like a blurred masked overlay or something. I do however like the 2nd view where you just see the edge of your dashboard. That gives a good view on the track and still a little bit of a view of the cars you are driving in. it's also blurred, but it just gives enough to look at. Oh and i love the way the cracks in the windshields look.

I'm using a G27 logitech wheel. While there is support for 900 degrees of rotation, it just doesn't feel right. I have that with a lot of codemaster games. No issue though, i think 270 for most cars and 240-250 for the openwheel cars is just fine. Kept all other settings at their defaults for now. probably gonna tweak that later on.

The tracks i've seen look really great. I think this game will keep me busy for a long time :)

What i miss from Grid 2 is the leaderboards with my friends time on the track i've just raced on. Maybe i'm overlooking it, but it was a great to improve on your friends times. Maybe they've left that feature out, just because you can change the race lengths.
  7. Jun 26, 2014
    This game is exactly what we have been asking for to Codies.
    A pure, racing sim-like game with no weird stuff, excelent handling and AI.
    This is the REAL evolution from the TOCA series. A mature racing game.

This game IS NOT for people who expect to play an arcade wall-bouncing racing game like NFS or Grid 2. This is the revindication of Codemasters as a sim racing game developer.
  8. Jun 25, 2014
    Apart from not so subtle cockpit view and too much drift event, this game rocks. It has the best AI among roughly 10+ racing game I have, great feel of handling that quite fulfill the idea of a simcade, and beautiful tracks. Just hope modders could come up with more detailed cockpits.
  9. Jun 28, 2014
    This is a racing game made for racers. People who genuinely love motorsports. People who have actually DONE motorsports before. People who know what racing really is like in real life.

This review is written having only played the game with a G27 racing wheel and only manual sear shifting with all HUD's disabled for the most racing like experience. I've done my fair share of track

I've done my fair share of track days and i can tell you, think is the most realistic car racing game i have played. There's plenty of people complaining the game feels too slow, the cars don't grip in corners blah blah. Well guess what, those people have never driven on a track in their life. When on a racing track, unless you're in a ultra fast ferarri or koensigg or something, guess what, you feel SLOW. That's how it is. Your car is slow. People are so used to **** car sims that put so much emphasis on feeling like you're flying along or arcade racing games that let you go around corners at 400kph that they have no idea what it's actually like to race a car.

So more on the good parts.
    The handling of the cars:

Fantastic. Cars handle how they should. FWD understeers coming too hot into a corner, or if you put power down coming into a corner and you can even get the ass out with lift off oversteer when driving really agressive. All of that is true in a FWD cars handling characteristics and they are all spot on in the game. RWD cars oversteer if you power on too much mid corner, or over a crest. You can really feel the suspension working. Coming super hot down a hill into a banked corner? Your suspension will start to wallow like a real car trying to deal with sideways g-forces, and if not careful in a RWD car, will cause oversteer.

Graphics:
    AMAZING. Holy **** The attention to detail is amazing. From the different exhaust outputs of the cars (some will be obviously running rich, some not, etc) to the in car view of the dash being out of focus (because you're looking at the track, not the car) but obviously having some type of MOTEC carbon fiber HUD in place of the standard cars one, to the general cars decals and body panels. The world around looks so gorgeous, beautiful lighting, amazing scenery, and really perfect track textures.

Racing modes:
    The only thing the game is missing in terms of racing modes is drag racing and rally. Which is not a downside to me. Drag is always a short lived interest in racing games and rally is much a massive part of racing it really does require its own game.
    One massive thing to note is the different racing game modes all have different racing styles. Touring cars are mega aggressive, open wheelers really require you to be careful with damage on and time attack is like how time attack is with sporadic cars you have to deal with.

Sounds:
    I love the fact you can hear the tyres gripping, the straight cut gears int he gear box and the pop from fuel injectors still being on when your changing gears, because screw fuel efficiency.

Its the little things:
    To me what really makes this game great is the little things. Like picking a perfect line through a series of corners then coming out and realising you just shaved a second or 2 off your lap time. The spectators not being 2d, the clouds and lighting are so gorgeous and the cars look amazing. Even the simple and elegant UI still keeping perfect functionality. The fact you log in, and the game says with voice "Welcome back (name here), there's some new events in the touring car championship, go check them out!". You can really tell Codemasters have really put their heart and soul into this game.

Summary:
    If you're a grown adult that loves racing, and has done it before, this is the game for you. If your some pimply teenager that thinks GTA and Need for Speed are racing simulators, this isn't for you.
  10. Jul 4, 2014
    decent game, looks amazing on pc. only cost me £20.00 solid game. would highly recommend if your looking for a racing game, multiplayer is very good as is the single player.
  11. Jun 25, 2014
    Solid racing game. Big improvement over grid 2. Open wheelers are fun. I will admit the AI can be a bit brutal. Addition of split screen local is very cool. Don't listen to the clowns that give low scores, they clearly have no idea what a sub 5 game really is. This game is easily an 8.
  12. Jul 3, 2014
    поиграв немного подольше и разобравшись что к чему понял что это классная игра... даже поставил сложный уровень и наслаждаюсь игрой. важное место в успешном прохождении занимают тренировки и квалификации... а те идиоты которые говорят что на легком никого обогнать не могут, идите играйте в тупорылые нидфоспиды.поиграв немного подольше и разобравшись что к чему понял что это классная игра... даже поставил сложный уровень и наслаждаюсь игрой. важное место в успешном прохождении занимают тренировки и квалификации... а те идиоты которые говорят что на легком никого обогнать не могут, идите играйте в тупорылые нидфоспиды.
  13. Jun 24, 2014
    Solid game. Improves on Grid 2 in every way possible. Great to have cockpit cam back, even if the rendering isn't exactly the greatest. Would have liked to see more customization options, but then again that's never been what the game was about.
  14. Jun 27, 2014
    This is a game which appeals to those who are fans of racing and motorsport. Codemasters seem to have nailed the sweet spot this time - perhaps more so than GRID 2. Let's begin with the driving. When most games try to do "simulation", this usually translates into unnecessarily dull driving with plenty of understeer, no sense of speed, the inability to drift and the inability to turn whileThis is a game which appeals to those who are fans of racing and motorsport. Codemasters seem to have nailed the sweet spot this time - perhaps more so than GRID 2. Let's begin with the driving. When most games try to do "simulation", this usually translates into unnecessarily dull driving with plenty of understeer, no sense of speed, the inability to drift and the inability to turn while braking. In Autosport, you still get the excitement and sharp handling of GRID 2 but with a lot more control. You can really tell a car's limits jsut from the vibration and tyre noise. I'd describe it as a perfect balance - it's deep but still fun and intuitive. For someone that plays a lot of racing games, I usually find that in some games, you are disadvantaged by not using assists, whereas in this game, turning of all assists and using manual gears is actually rewarding rather than punishing. Whilst GRID 2 was more like a Project Gotham Racing clone, Autosport is more like a Racedriver game. Whilst there is a strong emphasis on teams, the core gameplay experience doesn't feel diluted or pushed aside by unnecessary stats, menus and artificial babble. The main selling point of this game is CHOICE. You can do all the cool street racing and drifts in exotic tuners and supercars, or you can go for a more hardcore time attack approach around tracks or do some endurance racing in touring cars and such. There are five distinct disciplines which cater for a wide audience; and is something I've personally wanted to see as a racing game fan. No longer do I have to go to a separate game for each kind of experience - you can get all the racing you want in one complete package. It's just very much pick-up-and-play. Weekly challenges return in online mode, where you have a target to beat in each of the disciplines. Want to just set a fast lap time with Bronze Silver Gold Platinum to aim for? You can. Want to get an awesome drift going? you can. From street racing to track racing to demolition derby, this game has it all. It is a very high quality game in every sense, from optimisation, game engine and lack of glitches to robust mechanics and controls. The game is highly accessible to those who have little experience in racing games with a plethora of assists and difficulty options, but also gives more seasoned veterans the chance to earn more XP by using fewer assists, higher AI difficulty, less flashbacks etc. There's not much clutter here. You can tune your car, but in a similar manner to DiRT 2 and 3. Just a 5-point slider with short explanations. The only complaint I have is that of interior view. Not only is it the worst I've ever seen in terms of the camera angle, but there is ZERO detail (see screenshots), it's just black. This is dssappointing as this was my major issue with GRID 2. If you can overlook this minor flaw, you will find high quality racing game which is more about what happens on the track than the menus. Expand
  15. Jun 27, 2014
    Fun arcade driving game!
    Now repeat that about 5 to 6 times.
    The GRID series has always been a fun, although slightly strange, beast. They are neither arcade or full fledge sims. They are hybrids, and a lot of people seem unable to get their heads around that. I guess this is what makes this game so fun and satisfying. You don't get a mindless driving game but at the same time, you
    Fun arcade driving game!
    Now repeat that about 5 to 6 times.

I guess this is what makes this game so fun and satisfying. You don't get a mindless driving game but at the same time, you get a very forgiving ride compared to a sim. It's challenging but you won't need months to master a single car.

The game controls great with a Xbox controller and Codemasters have done a good job of optimising this for PC with nice textures, lighting and good control over the visual settings.

This is more of GRID, and if you liked the previous instalments, you will probably like this one too.
  16. Jun 28, 2014
    Let's put it this way: if you liked TOCA Race Driver 2 and 3, you are going to like this. I have waited for a racing game with similar handling to those two for almost ten years and its finally here.
  17. Jun 24, 2014
    this game is soo hard. i have to brake sometimes. wtf. i like being able to drive just using accelerator to get round corners. in big rigs off the road racing i never had to let go of accelerator
  18. Jul 7, 2014
    Much better than recent codemasters titles.

Handling is a lot better and the game has more depth allround.
    A good list of real international tracks to race on that very few games have used previously.

If you like racing games and you're not a 100% sim only guy, this is pretty darn good.
  19. Sep 5, 2014
    I am loving this game! I totally get what the nay-sayers are saying: that there are significant problems with certain aspects of the game. I am not a hard core racing gamer, so some of the aspects on what makes a racing game great are probably lost on me. Did play GRID 2, but not for very long. I'm not a big fan of constantly spinning out. What I see here is an absolutely gorgeousI am loving this game! I totally get what the nay-sayers are saying: that there are significant problems with certain aspects of the game. I am not a hard core racing gamer, so some of the aspects on what makes a racing game great are probably lost on me. Did play GRID 2, but not for very long. I'm not a big fan of constantly spinning out. What I see here is an absolutely gorgeous game. From my very first turn on the San Fransisco ring the game is jaw dropping. I love how you can change every difficulty aspect of the game, and that in turn adds or takes away from your XP. That's a great concept, and should be used in all other genres of games as well. Yes there is no rear view mirror, and that is a disappointment and the in-car camera is useless and does not give you a realisitic feel at all. But between the number of cars, number of tracks and number of events, coupled with the amazing scenery: I think I'll be pretty busy driving the external view and loving every fast-paced second of it. Expand
  20. Jul 16, 2014
    It's really a solid SIMCADE and it reminds me the original TOCA. Motorsport fits the game with different car types with different handling. Although many people miss the dashboard view for me the inner views are perfect (when you drive you concentrate on the track and other cars and not on your car).
  21. Aug 31, 2014
    Много машин и трасс! Красивая графика...адекватная физика!(На руле играть приятно) Убогий вид из кабины....все замылено...сделали для галочки.....пожалуй самый жесткий минус у игры на мой взгляд!
    Играя в неё складывается ощущение что чего-то не хватает! Чего то!!!
    Играя в неё складывается ощущение что чего-то не хватает! Чего то!!!
  22. Jun 1, 2015
    Another very good way for people at Codemasters, has everything it needs .
  23. Nov 23, 2015
    The game is just amazing. I love play this game. For me this game is amazing ! Nothing more to comment because this game is amazing ! I rate this 10/10
  24. Jan 29, 2017
    Buena continuación del ya mítico Grid, Buenos graficos, buen uso de los sonidos, Vuelta a la simulación que perdió levemente el Grid 2, Buena variedad de coches, largo. Solo 1 queja, En DLC de coches clásicos de la saga TOCA, Como es posible que no colocaran el gran Renault Laguna de Alain Menu y Jason Plato? Rayos fue el Vehiculo de la portada de TOCA Touring Cars 1 y 2, incluso hace unaBuena continuación del ya mítico Grid, Buenos graficos, buen uso de los sonidos, Vuelta a la simulación que perdió levemente el Grid 2, Buena variedad de coches, largo. Solo 1 queja, En DLC de coches clásicos de la saga TOCA, Como es posible que no colocaran el gran Renault Laguna de Alain Menu y Jason Plato? Rayos fue el Vehiculo de la portada de TOCA Touring Cars 1 y 2, incluso hace una aparición en TOCA World Touring Cars. Traigan de vuelta al Clasico Renault Laguna. por lo demás un excelente juegazo Expand
  25. Feb 25, 2017
    I Liked the game a lot. Strong sequences, realistic graphics and intense fun makes this game one of my personal favorite games of all time. I think you would have nice fun playing it! (The only bad thing is that you can only race and you cannot roam around the game but who cares??? :)

Generally favorable reviews - based on 35 Critic Reviews

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Sep 3, 2014
    The latest GRID entry delivers decent and semi-realistic racing, but the game seems to suffer from lack of all-important polish. Monotonic career mode, blurred cockpits and pretty narrow race options (no rain?) are the biggest issues for me. [Aug 2014]
  2. CD-Action
    Aug 25, 2014
    Autosport tries hard to bring back the glory of the first GRID (e.g. the cockpit cam returns) but the career mode was designed horribly, the game engine is aging and the whole thing lacks a spark. [08/2014, p.66]
  3. Aug 6, 2014
    A pretty fun racing title, but in the pursuit of addressing every bit of feedback after Grid 2, Codemasters hasn't delivered the most cohesive experience. You still need to endure some of the disciplines that you may not like in order to progress through the career, and the two cockpit cameras feel more like a fan-made mod than something devised by the developer itself. Throw in the erratic AI and you might get annoyed quite a few times while playing Autosport.