- Summary: Set in the bucolic Mediterranean island republic of Medici, a land crumbling under the brutal rule of General Di Ravello, you assume control of franchise's hero Rico Rodriguez, a man on a mission to liberate his homeland and the people of Medici...by any means necessary. With over fourSet in the bucolic Mediterranean island republic of Medici, a land crumbling under the brutal rule of General Di Ravello, you assume control of franchise's hero Rico Rodriguez, a man on a mission to liberate his homeland and the people of Medici...by any means necessary. With over four hundred square miles of utter freedom from sky to seabed and a massive arsenal of weaponry, gadgets and vehicles, prepare to unleash chaos in the most creative and explosive ways you can dream up.… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Just Cause 3 - Destruction Dev Diary
Jan 19, 2016Just Cause 3 is a monument to excess. It’s Hot Shots. It’s Charlie Chaplin in The Dictator, if Charlie Chaplin had rocket-powered C4 in his boots. It’s that scene in Dr. Strangelove where Slim Pickens rides the nuke into Russia, except...well, no, it’s pretty much exactly that scene on repeat for 25-30 hours.
Dec 2, 2015Just Cause 3 has two souls: one is pure, untarnished and ridiculous fun, the other is pretty raw, unpolished and repetitive. If you like blowing stuff up, launching rocket cows into space, or simply chaos, this game is definitely a dream come true. Just don’t expect an action masterpiece.
Dec 6, 2015Well, this-is.. Amazing.One of the best game i played since long time. Who cares about the plot. I'm full of all that games that want to giveWell, this-is.. Amazing.One of the best game i played since long time. Who cares about the plot. I'm full of all that games that want to give an amazing plot when probably best part of the players even care. this, is a game.you can do everything you want. he is an old style hero, a real one. some good joke while i shot with my bazooka, cool attitude, superstrong, unbeatable. Big map, lot of thing to do. The MOD system is cool.
Now the part about the graphic:
Yes there are problem on PC version. I have an i5-4670k 3.40ghz, 8gb ram,geforceGTX 760, and it give me some problem, mostly when i turn on myself very fast, and there is some "lag", but all that kids who say that is worst that BATMAN are real morons. you can play any way. probably in 2/3 weeks we will have the patch, so be patient. i cant stay here and read some stupid newbie who say "is possible that for everygame that come out we need a patch?". yes is possible, you konw howw difficult is to make a triple A game in this period? shut the **** up and go to work or play something else. you are not playing supremario bros, this are amsterpieces idiot, id like to see you do anything like. this.… Expand
Dec 2, 2015Ok, yes the launch was less than stellar. To those of you who are nvidia users make sure you get the latest driver. New driver took the gameOk, yes the launch was less than stellar. To those of you who are nvidia users make sure you get the latest driver. New driver took the game from broken to stable. I still get some frame rate slow down when there is a whole lot of explosions and physics damage going on, but only when the fit really hits the shan. So performance isn't terrible for me, just leaves a little bit to be desired.
The game is awesome. I think it looks really good, map traversal is way more fun than in JC2. Vehicles leave something to be desired. I've been playing GTA lately and the cars and bikes are quite inferior. Not terrible once you get used to them, but not awesome. Now, what you can do with the cars is a different story.
To those complaining about plot, and voice acting, you're missing the point of this game. I had the same issue the first time I picked up JC2. I put it right back down because the voice acting was so terrible, especially that indian(?) girl leader of that revolutionary group, omg I hated her so much. But whats true of all games is 10x more true with Just Cause, the plot is truly just a means to get you to go do some crazy action movie sequence. This game at its heart is a physics playground, and in that respect JC3 is very successful.
One of the reviewers said it and I agree, you need to be able to come up with your own fun to enjoy this game. If you are a gamer who often finds themselves trying things, "I wonder what will happen if I do this", then this is the game for you, because chances are, this game will let you do it, and the results will be fantastic and funny.
I think 8/10 is more correct because of the issues related above, but I'm kind of sick of every game I like getting mountains of 0s when they are clearly not 0 games, so I'm giving it 9.… Expand
Dec 6, 2015This game was fun, apart from the loading times. For those who like causing havoc and there is little fun from the story. The only real funThis game was fun, apart from the loading times. For those who like causing havoc and there is little fun from the story. The only real fun out of this game for me was exploding things, funny bugs and using the environment and grapple system. U must use your imagination or u won't like this one, just like the idiots who give it a 0 because just because they don't like it.… Expand
Dec 28, 2015Just Cause 3 a standout from other games, as from the very start the game gives you 1200km squared to roam the beautiful city of Medici. AndJust Cause 3 a standout from other games, as from the very start the game gives you 1200km squared to roam the beautiful city of Medici. And as Mario from the game says, when you look at Medici, it's a shining star, but when you see Medici, it's an absolute technical mess with a poor story line and repetitive missions.
Now don't get me wrong, I love the concept of Just Cause 3. I love the idea of being able to enter a place, and then walk out with tons of debris and mushroom clouds behind you. But the execution is very poor.
1. I am struggling to run this game with an i7 6700k and 2 GTX 780's on SLI. I am getting 90 fps on max in some locations of the map, but in large populated areas and especially the main city, the fps will drop right down to the low 20's.
Yet on the other end of the spectrum my friend is running this game on high with a gaming notebook that wields a GTX 960M and and i7 4720HQ. Strange.
2. The story is an absolute joke in my opinion, I currently have 40 hours on the game, with 12 hours put into the story, and it's just a huge repetitive bundle of Blow this up and blow that up. Even the small side quests are like this, with most of them just requiring you to save some rebels or blow some stuff up so the rebels are safe.
3. The game itself is beautiful though. For the people who are saying that the game is "ugly" and "outdated", I don't really know what you mean, because in my eyes Just Cause 3 get's it right. Even dating back to 2010's JC2, Avalanche really know how to make a pretty game, from large mountain scales to even the insides of a train or car, Just Cause 3 has got detail wherever you go.
4. The large map of Medici is a high point for me, as I said earlier, it's incredibly detailed with locations ranging from large farmlands, to the tallest points on the map, to the beautiful densely populated cities, I'd like to say this map has outdone Just Cause 2's by a long way. The only slight flaw I have is a lot of the map is actually water, but hey, what can you expect?
5. I know this is small for me, but the default controls are absolutely shocking. when I first got into the game, I was trying to grapple around with F, but it wasn't doing anything, and was shocked to find that Grapple had been mapped to Mouse 2????
6. The Physics engine. The best part about this game. Basically how this game works, is if you destroy something, it will turn into a physics item, allowing you to tether it or blow it up as you like. In my opinion, this is brilliant, just like most of the destructive elements in the game.
Verdict: Just Cause 3 is a mean, lean action thriller turned rogue video game.
While I don't agree with all the 10/10's this game is getting, but I don't agree with the 0's either.
I think that this game is worth it if you just want to occasionally hop on for a 1 hour play, which I find this game is best for, I think you should wait for a sale and then get it. While I picked this up for $64 AUD, I don't necessarily want to say it's worth all the money, but if you wait for it to drop to mid 30's to 40 USD in a steam sale, I think it'll be worth it. I think Just Cause 3 is a game way ahead of it's time, and while it's fun, it's far from a perfect game, and that's why I'm going to have to give it a 7. I would've given it 7.5 but Metacritic doesn't allow users to add decimals.… Expand
Jan 27, 2018ENG
Brainless game,from beginning to end. Although this is not accurate, because this is not a game but rather a simulator of destruction ofENG
Brainless game,from beginning to end. Although this is not accurate, because this is not a game but rather a simulator of destruction of buildings and their location. I can not believe that these are the people who made the game Mad Max. There is no desire to describe all my admiration and impression, so as I just finished the passage and I just want to rest and forget about this game.
Безмозглая игра,от начала до ее конца. Хотя это не точно, ведь эта не игра, а скорее симулятор уничтожения построек и их нахождения. Даже не верится что это те люди которые сделали игру Mad Max. Нет желания описывать все свои восхищения и впечатления, так-как я только что закончил прохождения и просто хочу передохнуть и забыть об этой игре.… Expand
Mar 28, 2017Completely unplayable. I've been stuck at the first loading screen indefinitly. I have 101 minutes into this game via Steam, and every singleCompletely unplayable. I've been stuck at the first loading screen indefinitly. I have 101 minutes into this game via Steam, and every single minute was me waiting for it to load on multiple tries. I tried reaching out to the community and trying a variety of fixes but nothing, still stuck. I even watched a full movie on my tablet while having it run on my PC, halfway through the movie, it was still loading.
Win 10, Nvidia 1070, 16 GB RAM, 1.5 TB SSD… Expand