7.5

1. May 13, 2020
    Really beautiful game, and really impressive universe! the game economy is very good, easy way to get cards.
  2. May 13, 2020
    To start, Legends of Runeterra is a pretty good game all things considered. Its in game economy is cheap and you win a really good amount of stuff via weekend vaults, quests, expeditions, and region loot. The interface is gorgeous. The base mechanics of the game are reallygood and require a lot of thought. However, this game is an absolute nightmare when it comes to competitive play. TheTo start, Legends of Runeterra is a pretty good game all things considered. Its in game economy is cheap and you win a really good amount of stuff via weekend vaults, quests, expeditions, and region loot. The interface is gorgeous. The base mechanics of the game are reallygood and require a lot of thought. However, this game is an absolute nightmare when it comes to competitive play. The meta right now is entirely RNG and your success will come down to if you win or lose the dice roll, if you open well (bc if you dont you just lose bc it snowballs out of your control), and if you dont come up against an auto loss matchup, which there are many for many decks.

LoR is a game with a bright future, but riot needs to iron out some things before i can say id recommend it
  3. May 14, 2020
    Very F2P friendly, very new player friendly, BUT also very skill expressive. Uses the digital aspect perfectly. Easily beats Hearthstone and I like it more then MtG and Gwent.
  4. May 14, 2020
    Ftp friendly like no other, and way more fun than I ever expected. Definitely the best mobile ccg I've played.
  5. May 7, 2020
    I like artworks and that I can see any card image full-screen, it's really cool! Very good app quality — works fast from any device, UX is better than in other collectible card games. Difficulty between MTG and Heartstone. Mechanics not so interesting for me compare to Magic:The gathering, but i like lore and amazing animated movies about it. Game and lore looks very fresh and original,I like artworks and that I can see any card image full-screen, it's really cool! Very good app quality — works fast from any device, UX is better than in other collectible card games. Difficulty between MTG and Heartstone. Mechanics not so interesting for me compare to Magic:The gathering, but i like lore and amazing animated movies about it. Game and lore looks very fresh and original, that's why I will continue to play and recommend to my friends Expand
  6. May 11, 2020
    Game is really beautiful and feels really good to play as expected from riot and i quite enjoyed the tutorial section which is really showing you all the different mechanics of the game.

However this game really needs to be more balanced, and not by just adding more cards to outperform the previously op ones. Then i'm also quite disappointed by the way you get cards, you can get a

Then i'm also quite disappointed by the way you get cards, you can get a lot of cards early in the game just by following the tutorials but they're just basic cards. If you really want good cards you have to level up all the different factions, and doing so takes a long time and you will most likely end up against player you won't be able to counter because of the balance problem mixed with your lack of cards.

I would also mention that i was expecting a better shop to get cards. Getting the rarity you want is a thing, but the cost is ridiculous for only one random card.

TL;DR Game is beautiful, as of today i only came across one bug but i think it is only on it's way to becoming a cool card game but i hope Riot finds a way to fix it as a card game should be and not as League of Legends is fixed.
  7. May 9, 2020
    I really cant think of any flaw this game has:
    Economy : Well i managed to get all the cards through the beta stage without paying a $ and not only that but i collected enough resources to start the new expansion with many of the new cards. All these just by gaining 3-7 victories/ day and doing my quests. The conclusions are yours
    Art: The art is simply great and not only that but you
    I really cant think of any flaw this game has:
    Art: The art is simply great and not only that but you can have many interactions between the different cards, so many that you might actually discover a new one every day
    Gameplay: The gameplay combines hs simple mana system with MtG s creativity and strategy while adding some important new things of its own like the champion cards, spell mana and of course the the whole ''respond'' thing each turn (if you play you ll get what i mean).
    Deckbuilding: There are trully many and different ways to build your decks, the meta (at least in beta stage) is everlasting changing and the generous economy of the game makes it so that you can always try new stuff you might consider you like.

I m giving this game a 10/10 and no, i m not overreacting
  8. May 8, 2020
    I really enjoy the Universe Riot Games created with their main game League of Legends. Which is why I tried staying positive about any flaw I found while playing in both closed and open Beta. Sadly, they remain untouched. Here is my honest view on the game after putting in dozens of hours:

Music and Art is great as with all of Riot Game's work. And just as such, the game-play itself is

Music and Art is great as with all of Riot Game's work.
    And just as such, the game-play itself is lackluster.
    It fixes many issues other games in the same genre have, while adding a lot more.

Mana-efficiency of cards is all over the place.

Region limitation handicaps creative decks and makes matches very predictable (if not boring) once you have gotten enough experience.

AFK behavior is basically a punishment for the active player, instead of the other way around.

Balancing issues haven't been touched since the closed beta. Instead, they added more cards to then ignore balancing again. (Which I should have expected from this company).

Bugs and glitches as far the eye can see.

Lackluster missions and points for winning matches.

Even worse: the more you play, the less points you'll get over time. It is the first game I have encountered, that punishes active play.

Summing up all of the above, I couldn't be more disapointed by a game so proudly labeled to have a fix for other card game issues. How about instead of fixing their problems, you fix your own first, Riot?
  9. May 20, 2020
    Game is pretty but gameplay wise its one of the worst games developed,the decision made for some cards are so unhealthy for the game, not fun to play and not fun to play against.
  10. May 23, 2020
    Another pay to win card game in the same vein as Hearthstone and Gwent. If you like Hearthstone but would rather play a card game set in the League of Legends universe then this game is worth checking out. Be forewarned though, just as with Hearthstone, you'll either have to spend a lot of money up front or spend a copious amount of time playing the game over the coming months to be ableAnother pay to win card game in the same vein as Hearthstone and Gwent. If you like Hearthstone but would rather play a card game set in the League of Legends universe then this game is worth checking out. Be forewarned though, just as with Hearthstone, you'll either have to spend a lot of money up front or spend a copious amount of time playing the game over the coming months to be able to build a competitive deck.

The game seems generous at first with rewards, but you quickly learn that the rewards aren't the powerful cards you really need to compete. And if you decide you do want to spend money, then I hope you have plenty of cash to burn because it will cost quite a bit to build a competitive deck or two with how the shop is structured.

Card balance and mana costs need a lot of tuning, which is surprising since I would have assumed they would have gotten this more balanced before going live. Some champions are absolutely broken, Tryndemere springs to mind. He's insanely powerful and once he's on the field it's a guaranteed win. Doesn't require any set up or intricate card combinations to pull off, just play him and you win 95% of the time. That's not well balanced, and that's just one example.

Stay away from this game unless you plan on spending a lot of money, or don't plan on having a competitive deck for several months, because it will take at least that long to build with the reward system currently in place.
  11. May 14, 2020
    Too beginner friendly and holds your hand wayy too much. Plus poro sucks at being cute.
  12. Jun 4, 2020
    The game is frustrating, unplayable, unbalanced, mechanics that should not exist, cards that should not be created at all, bugged, I should write a separate review about this funny matchmaking, always choose the most expensive cards from the deck, no matter that you have a deck filled to the brim with cheap **** always will you choose what you don't need, and your opponent always say,The game is frustrating, unplayable, unbalanced, mechanics that should not exist, cards that should not be created at all, bugged, I should write a separate review about this funny matchmaking, always choose the most expensive cards from the deck, no matter that you have a deck filled to the brim with cheap **** always will you choose what you don't need, and your opponent always say, always has what he needs, how the **** do I ask? Errors that often lead to your defeat, and do not write about the mistakes you make, but about those ****ing bugs that make the opponent's unit invisible from the beginning of the game, or the graphics of the unit that you got rid of 5 games ago! the glow that hits your eyes from some cards is so bright that half the screen is invisible, so you can't play unless you get rid of the cards from the hand that is responsible for it. I play from the beta and I think it will stop, I can't stand this carousel of frustration, first Elusive, then Burn Aggro, now Unyielding Spirit, Rito, get down to work and you don't promise a pear on a willow, first fix it and then add content because I'm ****ing it can't be played, I know that I wrote a lot of bad things, probably most of what I wrote here happened only to me, but seriously the **** like me can't win even 1 game per hour what is to be said by a new player who is delighted with the positive reviews will come to LoR and will get after all this, **** up on the farm to collect cucumbers and not the ****ing cards. If you've read it to the end, then good luck on your journey through the dung heap called Legends of Runeterra. Expand
  13. Jun 5, 2020
    Good f2p / nice gameplay. Great game for new players. Feels like modern version of MTG.
  14. Jun 3, 2020
    The best new card game in a long while. If you're tired of HS/MTG/others, this is the game Artifact was supposed to be.
  15. May 30, 2020
  16. Jun 4, 2020
    I do not know much English and therefore translate from Google.
    I put 4 out of 10 developers on the aspects that the game deserves a month after the release, let's go through them.
    I do not know much English and therefore translate from Google.
    When the game was released, a wild fall of the servers began, the loss of the donation currency - support scripts - which responds quickly, but does not help properly. Since the game is still open-beta testing very poorly, constant crashes, relapses into the game. Then we go to the system of avatars and other favorite things that players love, avatars are broken - the patch was fixed, but still they bug every other time, we take bugs which still doubled with the release. We follow the meta - patch balance in the CCI once a month. We still have a lot of work to do, well, while the game still looks like in the developers, there are already many promises and so far few people believe in it and everyone is waiting. They are great guys and all that - the gorgeous game I play - but still the quality of the product is at a very low level because it was made at Unity. I’ll summarize the results of 2020 - if all the shortcomings are removed I will give it a better grade, but for now it’s 4-5 out of 10, no more, because I’m not playing the Riot project, but the indie studio project.
  17. Jun 1, 2020
    A great game to play with friends. This format takes trading card games on PC to a new level, and I cannot find anything to criticize; it does not use the 'pay to win' formula, unlike a lot of card games for PC today, and if you are a League of Legends player, it crosses over great. would recommend, but it is very addictive
  18. Jun 4, 2020
    The Art and the music is beautiful and it really makes the game play fun, also de cosmetic changes the music background, that is a really nice touch.

The balance overall is pretty fine, obviously there is always the annoying card but that is always prevalent in any card game, right know there is the most diverse meta game that has ever been in all runeterra. Every single faction has his way in the top tier list, a lot of different archetypes to have fun with and most importantly TO WIN WITH.

The balance team is super accurate, always know what and how to change it The communication with the community is awesome and for last instance is TOTALLY F2P FRIENDLY, I have been f2p since beta and right know I have every single champion and almost any card in the game, in 3 weeks maximum you will complete at least 1 competitive deck but that's only if you want to build to complete different decks with different champions.

Overall a fantastic game for F2P players that want to enjoy a fun and balance Card Game. The negative critics from user reviews are really lame,offensive and lack any kind of objective review

Generally favorable reviews - based on 9 Critic Reviews

1. May 29, 2020
    Legends of Runeterra is one of the best card games on the market today thanks to the successful mix of accessibility and depth. There are some imperfections to fix, but the experience already is absolutely worth and addictive.
  2. May 19, 2020
    Riot Games enters the world of card games with Legends of Runeterra, a more than interesting title for lovers collectible card games. It's highly recommended, especially for newcomers who are not sure about getting into card games: Legends of Runeterra is going to be one of the best they will find.
  3. May 14, 2020
    Unique mechanics, dynamic gameplay and polished presentation make this the collectible card game to beat.