8.0

1. Aug 31, 2017
    Not a bad game if you enjoyed the first. Graphics are decent but not up to par with the previous Life is Strange's. Performace was good on a ps4 with a few stutters here and there but nothing too bad. Soundtrack was beautiful like the previous game's, and it upholds its reputation for stellar music. In the end whether or not you like this game depends on your feelings for the first.
  2. Jan 19, 2018
    Life is Strange back in 2015 really was a game i didnt expect i'd fall in love with but somehow i did. While i liked and enjoyed Before the Storm, i cant say the same here cuz biggest part that i loved back then was the time manipulation and all the weird, mysterious stuff that revolved around Maxine's powers impact on the world around her, Before the Storm simply i think was bit tooLife is Strange back in 2015 really was a game i didnt expect i'd fall in love with but somehow i did. While i liked and enjoyed Before the Storm, i cant say the same here cuz biggest part that i loved back then was the time manipulation and all the weird, mysterious stuff that revolved around Maxine's powers impact on the world around her, Before the Storm simply i think was bit too grounded and normal, which isnt bad by any means, but for me it didnt have that special charm.

A lot of the meat that made original so damn good is still present, it still has that beautifly done nostalgic atmosphere, neat soundtrack, believable characters you care about, genuinely despise and undertand their struggles, sublte mistery going around Chloe.

Art style hasnt changed a bit even when Deck 9 used Unity engine, which isnt a bad thing by me, BUT what pisses me off really bad is that OG game with 5 episodes was an 11 GB game while BtS is a god damned 18 GB with just 3 episodes. I care about my GB and it just shows developer inability to optimize their crap. Atleast unlike oh so many Unity games, this one runs fine.

Even tho you know where Rachel will end up, it was pretty cool to see her and Chloe's ways that shaped her up to the person you her in original series and what kind of a person Rachel was and the stuff she went thru.

P.S.

FFFUUU Square Enix and Deck 9 for locking bonus episode ''Farewell'' behind Deluxe Edition, really disgusting way to treat the fans.
  3. Dec 19, 2017
    Life is Strange Before the Storm
    A decent story with not much choice
    Before the storm is a 3 episode long adventure game that tells the story of chloe and Rachel amber The girl that’s missing at the beginning of life I strange The 3 episodes last about 3 hours long and is much more dialog focused.. You play as chloe and she has no special powers Ocasionnaly you get into a battle of
    Life is Strange Before the Storm
    A decent story with not much choice
    The girl that’s missing at the beginning of life I strange
    The 3 episodes last about 3 hours long and is much more dialog focused..
    You play as chloe and she has no special powers
    Ocasionnaly you get into a battle of words where you have to try and talk your way into or out of a situation…
    you have to pay close attention to what your opponent says and say something back to go along with it in a smooth way…
    Other than that, youre just choosing what you believe is the best response for chloes situation, you can be cold or warm, not much in between
    As youre dealing with your new step dad david, and getting into trouble with Rachel amber…
    There are a few special moments here, but not much…
    Overall I feel there are no real choices of consequence here which is a bit of a let down..
    Making this feel more like an interactive movie than an actual adventure game.
    The first episode I found it hard to care what was going on at all.. despite me crying for chloe in life is strange.. I just didn’t care about her or her relationship with amber at first, the only saving grace being a dungeons and dragons game thrown in there…
    But episode 2 completely changed my opinion of the game and the relationship of these 2 girls…
    Easily my favorite episode where theres a little more adventure type sections of looking for items you need but more importantly theres more bonding, there are more characters, drama, theres a play that for me topped even the dungeons and dragons game…
    The relationship felt alive and real, and then episode 3 comes along and It just disappoints in comparrison….
    It goes by at a snails pace, though there are touching moments with chloes father that really saves it from feeling like an ultimate let down…
    The story telling saves this game, and its middle episode makes the 7 hour journey worth it.
    The delivery of this game is just very inconsistent… filled with great moments as well as moments youll be begging to just be over
    But I cried and I cared,
    And as a game that sets out to tell a story I guess that’s all that really matters
    I give life is strange before the storm
    a 7/10
  4. Apr 8, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Two great episodes followed by a disappointing third. There are clear signs of the finale being rushed and/or reworked late into the development, with threats being resolved off-screen, Sara's OD coming to absolutely nothing, Sara doing an uncharacteristic 180 on her motivation to see Rachel despite prior years of efforts to do so, etc. The soundtrack is brilliant, the highlights for me were Daughter's songs "Flaws", "Youth" and "Burn It Down". The dream sequences were particularly interesting. Expand
  5. Mar 24, 2020
    This is a very emotional game, I enjoyed playing through this game.

Captures the emotional turmoil of being a teenager very well and seeing Rachel and Chloes story. Though there are some scenes that only are shown briefly and should of had more to it, but wont go into as don't want to spoil it. I know I should try not compare this game to the first LIS, but this game even though
    This is a very emotional game, I enjoyed playing through this game.

I know I should try not compare this game to the first LIS, but this game even though enjoyable is not as good as the first one and at times I did feel a bit bored playing, but still recommend this game.
    I give a 6 as feel it could had more to it, been better and is a bit disapointing as it would of been good to see how Rachel went missing.
  6. Feb 19, 2019
    Buena precuela de Life is Strange. Sigue el mismo estilo de juego con argumentos similares al original. Quizás las primeras horas son lentas y no sucede gran cosa, pero se sigue con interes. Juego recomendado sobretodo para la gente que busca buenas historias y no le importa que la jugabilidad sea practicamente inexistente. A penas tienes que mover el personaje y coger 4 cosas durante cadaBuena precuela de Life is Strange. Sigue el mismo estilo de juego con argumentos similares al original. Quizás las primeras horas son lentas y no sucede gran cosa, pero se sigue con interes. Juego recomendado sobretodo para la gente que busca buenas historias y no le importa que la jugabilidad sea practicamente inexistente. A penas tienes que mover el personaje y coger 4 cosas durante cada capítulo. No hay puzzles ni partes que requieran pensar o explorar mucho.

Es un juego corto, pero si te entretienes mucho, te puede durar 8 o 10 horas. Tiene muchas conversaciones opcionales y detalles que tienes que acercarte por ti mismo a ver. Gráficos realmente atrasados. No son importantes es un juego de estas características, pero realmente se ven mal. Los modelados de los personajes son muy muy bajos.

Disfruté el primero bastante (sobretodo el tramo final), pero de este me esperaba más. Me gusta más cualquier juego de Telltale. Merece la pena comprarlo por 5€ aprox, mucho más no...

7. Dec 4, 2018
    ENG RU
    ENG RU
    Like the disclosure of the relationship between Chloe and Max, as she was going all those years in a diary, talking to myself, and Max didn't even call, though, and was not at all neither friendship nor themselves. Also devoted a lot of time to relationships in the family and in the house of Chloe, everything looks quite plausible and without falsehood.but in General there are flaws), namely the imposition of developers not just to hang out, to be almost constantly in the company of ray, and the relationship (more than friendship) Not to hook up with someone else, a guy who had a crush on Chloe at all for show made. than just one direction, but the developers decided to build everything in one direction. Characters sometimes contradict themselves, behave strangely (dinner with ray's parents and Chloe's behavior), a very vivid example. Floor games it tells the story of ray, her relationship with the family, and mother was not her mother, now a detective, and we do everything to meet two native blood, but the ending and the dialogue with the mother ray, so much **** that I was sure that it was a dream or glitches, as we blasted and we were out. but there is no all in truth. Well, the final choice is where we can tell the truth and unable to lie, tell me, who choose a lie, who choose after what we showed earlier, how hurt the news ray, what the native people were lying to her and left Chloe, the only one who is still left as a support, but to lie revnoise to join the flock of the meadows, in such truth, there is no sense, no honor.
    Понравилось раскрытие отношение между Хлоей и Макс, как она строчила все эти годы в дневник, общаясь сама с собой, а Макс даже не звонила, будто и вовсе не было ни дружбы, ни их самих. Также посвятили немало времени отношениям в семье и в доме Хлои, все выглядит вполне правдоподобно и без фальши.Местами очень странный графон, много мыла и нечеткой картинке прямо перед носом,увлеченность граффити и очень сомнительная сгибаемость непокорности и изменение характера изза одного человека Рэйчел (опять таки правдоподобно, но в целом есть огрехи), а именно навязывание разработчиками не только тусить, быть практически постоянно в компании Рэй, так еще и отношение (больше чем просто дружба) Нельзя замутить с кем- то другим, парня который втрескался в Хлою вообще для галочки сделали. И ведь нигде не говорится, что хлоя лесбиянка, она скорее бисексуалка, чем просто с одним направлением, но разработчики решили выстроить все в одном направлении. Персонажи порой противоречат сами себе, ведут себя странно (ужин с родителями Рэй и поведение Хлои), очень яркий пример. Пол игры нам рассказывают историю Рэй, ее отношение с семьей, тут еще и мать ей не мать, вот теперь мы детектив и все делаем чтобы встретились две родные кровинушки, но концовка и диалог с матушкой Рэй, настолько мозговыносящий, что я был уверен, что это сон или глюки, так как нас долбанули и мы лежали в отключке. но нет все в заправду. Ну и конечный выбор, где мы можем сказать правду, а можем солгать, скажите, кто выберет ложь, кто ее выберет после того, что нам показали ранее, как ранили эти известия Рэй, что самые родные люди ей лгали и осталась Хлоя, единственная кто еще остался как опора, но солгать, равносилься тому, чтобы приобщится к той стае лугов, в такой правде нет ни смысла, ни чести. И этими поворотами сюжета игра для меня сразу поблекла и потекла как дырявое ведро...
  8. Feb 19, 2020
    Hay cosas que jamás un adolescente haría ni se le dejaría hacer, que sin embargo pasan dentro del juego. A arte de algunas situaciones poco realistas, el juego muestra un progreso impresionante del personaje e intenta que tu corazón y tu cabeza discutan con cada decisión, lo consigue en muchas ocasiones y logras identificarte (al menos a tu yo de 15 años) con Chloe en ciertas cosas, que noHay cosas que jamás un adolescente haría ni se le dejaría hacer, que sin embargo pasan dentro del juego. A arte de algunas situaciones poco realistas, el juego muestra un progreso impresionante del personaje e intenta que tu corazón y tu cabeza discutan con cada decisión, lo consigue en muchas ocasiones y logras identificarte (al menos a tu yo de 15 años) con Chloe en ciertas cosas, que no en todas. Expand
  9. Sep 22, 2019
    Before the Storm is like its predecessor, but weaker in all important aspects (story, characters, soundtrack, puzzles). But it's still an enjoyable and engaging game, although not as memorable as the original Life Is Strange.
  10. Jul 1, 2020
    Precuela fallida y una oportunidad desaprovechada para profundizar en Chloe. Al final solo queda en una historia que no se sostiene en los tres episodios, mas de algun momento donde la trama deambula sin rumbo fijo, una actitud cuestionable de Rachel durante todo el juego y algun momento donde el cringe y incoherencia van de la mano.
    Una pena, porque el juego tiene momentos preciosos como
    Una pena, porque el juego tiene momentos preciosos como la obra de teatro o el beso de Rachel y Chloe, pero eso solo quedan en momentos.
  11. Feb 6, 2020
    5/5 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  12. Mar 18, 2020
    The storytelling is good again. But to be honest, it is not as good as Life is Strange 1. I played even the bonus episode "Farewell" too. Approx. 15 hrs on record.
  13. Nov 8, 2019
    Unlike the previous part, the game has more endings. But I was saddened by the plot, which is not too interesting. Only the last episode pleased. I recommend to go through the first part first.
  14. Feb 12, 2020
    Very dissapointing sequel that is cringe as **** and is not interesting at all.
  15. Jun 22, 2020
    is kinda fine. but you don't get to have time powers like the previous game so is not that awesome, but you get to meet lots of new character and meet again old ones. the protagonist is not as annoying as she was in the original game, but her obsession with her crush gets tiring quite fast.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 19 Critic Reviews

1. Apr 18, 2018
    It's rare that a prequel truly works, where a story can captivate despite the audience knowing what's coming and where the path will lead. Life Is Strange: Before The Storm is one of those exceptional stories because it draws you in on its own terms. The only problem: You know it's building you up just to break your heart.
  2. CD-Action
    Apr 3, 2018
    Life indeed is strange. I was dead certain that Before the Storm simply cannot be good, but it turned out just fine. It’s really well-written, with fleshed out characters and some humor here and there. I applaud the writers for ditching science fiction elements, but I wish BtS was as good a thriller as it is a love story. [03/2018, p.58]
  3. Mar 14, 2018
    Deck Nine have finished off Life is Strange in sterling fashion. Saying farewell to Arcadia Bay with Before the Storm is sad, but the best farewells usually are.