- Publisher: DrinkBox Studios
- Release Date: Jan 18, 2022
- Also On: PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X
Mixed or average reviews- based on 61 Ratings
User score distribution:
Positive: 34 out of 61
Mixed: 17 out of 61
Negative: 10 out of 61
Review this game
- User score
- By date
- Most helpful
Jan 22, 2022I spent two hours with this before realizing that the whole game play loop was based around grinding.
Go into a dungeon, kite some monsters, make your numbers go up, rinse and repeat. Not worth my time.
- Snappy attacks and animations
- Grind grind grind
- clunky keyboard controls (if you don't have a controller)
Jan 2, 2023Nobody Saves the World es un juego entretenido aunque no le va a cambiar la vida a nadie. La idea es jugar cambiando de forma, cada una de las cuales tiene sus propias habilidades, de modo que vamos jugando de una a otra según las situaciones y retos que tenemos, los enemigos presentes, etc. Como llegado un punto además tenemos la posibilidad de mezclar habilidades de unas y otras, acabaNobody Saves the World es un juego entretenido aunque no le va a cambiar la vida a nadie. La idea es jugar cambiando de forma, cada una de las cuales tiene sus propias habilidades, de modo que vamos jugando de una a otra según las situaciones y retos que tenemos, los enemigos presentes, etc. Como llegado un punto además tenemos la posibilidad de mezclar habilidades de unas y otras, acaba habiendo una cierta profundidad a la hora de hacer builds, que se potencia por el hecho de que para progresar por las clases hace falta ir haciendo objetivos concretos que requieren jugar de ciertas formas (un sistema que mola y hace el juego variado, aunque hay algunas pruebas coñazo). La variedad de enemigos es aceptable, pero no espectacular, y la historia es bastante mala.
Gráficamente el juego es, en el mejor de los casos, discreto, cuando no directamente malo, especialmente en la falta de animaciones. Lo mismo se puede decir del sonido, que no es nada gran cosa y la música en especial se vuelve muy repetitiva. Pero, al menos, en mi partida no ha habido bugs de relevancia.
Por todo ello, no es un juego que vaya a revolucionar nada ni eso, pero si consigue entretener. Un 5,5.… Expand
Jan 15, 2023A great little rpg with great visuals and characters. But all in all a bit too easy, short and shallow for a grumpy old gamer like me.
Feb 14, 2022the good:
- graphics: so nice to see a rpg that is not using them lame pixel graphics (the nes era is over!) or made with overrated rpgmaker with huge breasted anime characters. - music: soundtrack is awesome the bad: - grindfest: you have to grind like hell only way to get exp is to do quests and you have to do this with each form. So you have to level up every form to S rank andthe good:
- graphics: so nice to see a rpg that is not using them lame pixel graphics (the nes era is over!) or made with overrated rpgmaker with huge breasted anime characters.
- music: soundtrack is awesome
- grindfest: you have to grind like hell only way to get exp is to do quests and you have to do this with each form. So you have to level up every form to S rank and even when you do level up the baddies level up with you! so you can grind as much as you want and later on you still get creamed in the higher dungeons even at lvl 60+! you have to spend literally hours doing this
- never enough mana: later on you have to constantly use mana and your always running out (especially with the dragon he EATS IT like candy!) if you run out of mana during a boss (and you will) your pretty much screwed
- wards ruin the whole game: this is the reason i stopped playing this. some dungeons have mobs with wards on them so you have to equip certain abilities to counter them. you can never make your perfect build since you have to constantly change abilities or swap to other forms than swap back to get rid of wards! you can't kill a baddy with a ward they are invincible. during boss fights is incredibly frustrating since there are so many mobs coming at you it's really hard to see what ward they have and you end up getting slaughtered because they can attack you but you can't attack them unless you have the right ability and if you don't run out of mana (you will)
- dungeons are cut and paste: each dungeon is exactly the same just with a different look go around smashing stuff to get money, mana and food enter an area where usually a huge group of mobs is and kill them than move on rinse and repeat.
- nothing like zelda: you see them screenshots with a huge world to explore etc? hate to break it to you but the map is pretty much empty all you do is kill baddie mobs in your way, do a quest here and there which ends up giving you a poor amount of exp or enter a dungeon now and than but they are all the same (see above)
- too grindy
- mobs are way OP later on
- can't powerlevel since baddies match your stats in higher level dungeons
- boring dungeons
- always run out of mana so you have to constantly switch to nobody and use slap (except during a boss)
- can't use dragon properly without having to replenish mana after Evey single mob fight.
- wards SUCK… Expand
Awards & Rankings
Mar 4, 2022The further you progress in Nobody Saves the World, the more absurdity you encounter, and it’s wonderful.
Feb 14, 2022Nobody Saves the World blends recognisable aspects from disparate works to create a wholly unique experience. Its systems will challenge you and make you think, and it’s easy to stay engaged while juggling the number of forms and abilities available to the player, while accounting for the variety in world, dungeon, and quest design throughout the adventure. The game enthusiastically discards well-trodden concepts shortly after they’re introduced, and rewards you for doing the same.
Feb 9, 2022Do you think that 2022 is going to be a terrible year? Well, Nobody Saves the World comes to save it with tragic humor set in an apocalypse that's destroying humankind. Rescuing the world while being a spitting fire rat is fun. Its gameplay and puzzle-solving mechanics feel like the breath of fresh air that we all need.