7.5

1. DonaldR.
    Dec 17, 2006
    Another great game from the daddy of racing games. I much prefer this to GTR. slightly more forgiving and engaging race game.
  2. JoeBlow
    Dec 31, 2006
    Feels like a cheap GTR2 mod, with nothing new short of cars and tracks. Not worth the $45 pricetag.
  3. JeffE.
    Jan 18, 2007
    Fairly annoying game to play. Corner warnings come on late so sharp corners are hard to slow down for. Also, all cars act as if they are rear wheel drive and can drift around corners which is very annoying. A front wheel drive car should not randomly drift around a corner.
  4. DinuC.
    Jan 19, 2007
    Finally something to even consider playing after GT 4's brilliance!
  5. Smoky
    Jan 19, 2007
    Excellent, door-to-door racing full time. This sim is a blast and a great way for people new and experienced to enjoy the sport of Simracing.
  6. SamB.
    Jan 22, 2007
    Good fun, drives well, easier to stay on the track than GTR2 but harder to win as the cars are less powerful. AI cars in multiplayer which GTR2 doesn't have.
  7. J.A.K
    Jan 26, 2007
    Certainly the best game I've ever played. Sad that it includes a few bugs, too, and that the hardware requirements are so high. Those two facts prevent Race from getting 10/10.
  8. N.an.a
    Jan 30, 2007
    Horrible game. Plays terribly. Makes me cry looking at it, and don't even get me started on the steering.
  9. OkraVanMorphen
    Feb 1, 2007
    May be not enough cars and tracks, but great feeling in multiplayer sessions are the best I've seen for a long time and for European gamers its best. 27 dollar are just 20 euro. Thats less then the half of a full price game.
  10. StefanosF.
    Feb 2, 2007
    Amazing game overall, almost real physics, essentially the front wheel drive alternative to GTR 2 (well, the RWD cars are also good..). Captures the real race atmosphere very well, the best sound of every racing game so far and very good graphics that would only benefit from a SM 3.0 patch. Not a real load for a decent PC.
  11. BojanB.
    Feb 8, 2007
    It's not 10 because of models who are not so perfect, and you need strong machine to play it I full graphics! Also few bugs make it to be 9! Otherwise everything else is great, physics and filing are very, very good! Maybe some next version will be 10! Cheers...
  12. DirtyDoGG
    Feb 10, 2007
    Overall a great representation of a good close racing championship, decent graphics good driving/physics model bettered only by the sound, good for newcomers and racing sim experts alike.
  13. Mark
    Feb 14, 2007
    Lengthy installation process that requires Steam before install, internet connection and loads of downloading to update to 'latest version', hours of installation and still unable to run game, what happened to games which would install from the CD? Don't waste your money.
  14. Gilbert
    Feb 20, 2007
    All the NEED to KNOW text (the part where they tell you about STEAM) has been squeezed down to 1,5 x 4 cm in the lower left side on the back cover. Needles to say, I didn't spot it. And STEAM doesn't work with VISTA. So I got a $70 game I can't use for anything. Probably a nice game tough....
  15. RicoD.
    Feb 23, 2007
    Awesome game, especially playing it online, the tightest and most fun online racing I have ever experienced, a well deserved full score, could have had a career funcion though to make single player weigh some more, but apart from that, a real jewel.
  16. AllanJ.
    Feb 26, 2007
    If you want intense and close racing - look no further than this. Awesome? No. Brilliant? No. The best there is!
    Apr 2, 2007
    Excellent graphics, great gameplay and variety in tracks/vehicles.
  18. KravadinkaS.
    Apr 28, 2007
    It's just a great game! RWD is so real as FWD to! Once more, great game!
  19. PascalJ.
    May 1, 2007
    Many game bugs No update , only for Steam Cockpit too dark, Only DX9, graphics very poor and heavy.
  20. J.T.
    May 27, 2007
    Games is O.K but forcing users to have to use and run the steam software is wrong. It's a waste of time and a drain on reasources. If you have paid the retail price of a product you should be able to use it instantly. Not wait hours for steam to update inadequate servers, and not be forced to mess around registering.
  21. JeffG.
    Jun 19, 2007
    Very nice Eye Candy for the Sim-Racing World...Only draw back in my opinion is not enuff cars, and completely Un-Modifiable.
  22. C.W.
    Jul 15, 2007
    Disappointing game by SimBin who made those great ones like GTR/GTR2 & GTL. The car control doesn't give me a good feedback, so it's hard to find the limits.The need to use the steam platform makes it also terrible for modem users. But the biggest betrayel ever is the price politics around this game. Very disappointing! Looking forward for the first Blimey game.
  23. JasonP.
    Aug 17, 2007
    Average handling. Awful sound. Graphics a quite good, but the croud look pretty average.
  24. IanR.
    Aug 28, 2007
    Really good racing sim. Takes a while to get used to controls but is a good challlenge.
  25. KristofH.
    Oct 16, 2007
    Not simbin's finest game, but after the initial bugs where fixed it offered a good and realistic touring car racing experience.
  26. ChristopherS.
    Dec 30, 2007
    If your a fan of Touring Cars and race sims in general then you really can't go wrong here. The handling and rival AI is very good. My one complaint would be the graphics. Though the car and track modeling is first rate the special effects need some serious updating. If you don't know what I'm writing about you need to play a game like Codemaster's ToCA Race Driver 3. If your a fan of Touring Cars and race sims in general then you really can't go wrong here. The handling and rival AI is very good. My one complaint would be the graphics. Though the car and track modeling is first rate the special effects need some serious updating. If you don't know what I'm writing about you need to play a game like Codemaster's ToCA Race Driver 3. Reflective track surfaces and sun glare effects have been around for years but for some reason never show up in SimBin games. If its a limitation of the long in the tooth F12002 engine then its certainly time for something new. Expand
  27. JanosV.
    Jan 30, 2008
    2nd best racing game so far.Great graphics,extreme physics.Most enjoyable game in it's class after Race 07.
  28. Nov 13, 2011
    It's a great game but was released a bit early. Better get RACE07 that has it all (caterham expansions, and also more as they have WTCC07) and better done in terms of sensations. To be played with a wheel.
  29. AWG
    Jul 23, 2013
    I allow myself to paste and copy my review for Race 07: "What the heck is this? RACE is barely playable. Tracks are terrible and car handling is just... just... I don't have a word that's not a swear to describe it. This game could be good back in 2006 but now it's just rubbish."

1. While there's still a decent driving model underneath, it's hard to see RACE appealing to fans who've driven Simbin's other titles, and so, this time at least, the hare comes out on top. [Jan 2007, p.87]
  2. PC Gamer UK
    There are times when - beaten by twitchy analogue controls, insufficient feedback and maybe just a sheer lack of hardcore skills - it can feel like a dispassionate sim rather than an affecting, involving game. [Jan 2007, p.90]
  3. PC Format
    While it's nowhere near as theatrical as "GTR2," there's a solid core of tight, exciting racing and impressive physics here. [Jan 2007, p.56]